Journey Into the Unknown: A Star Wars RP IC

Jandrik Draelyr (Small Village, Ragern)

Jandrik cuts in, shushing Roshion. "Every advantage except for the fact that the entirety of our mission has changed. We're no longer here to protect the village. The pirates have already left," He explained, standing up and pacing around the room. "Plus the face we have no idea what is causing this presence, why the pirates are here, and who they are working for. From that perspective, I believe the only advantage we have over them is the fact that they haven't found us yet besides the first group we encountered." He placed his hands on the table and looked at each of the three Jedi before him. "I vote that we change mission priority and find out what is on this planet. Even if we were to discuss with the council, they might pull us back and send a different team. The pirates could be gone by then. We are here, right now, and we should be the ones to figure it out." He felt a little unsure how accurate his statement was, but Jandrik pushed through anyway. He felt alive, and energized.

He turned to regard the Jedi Knights. "Besides, this is our mission, our chance to prove ourselves that we can make tactical and possibly critical decisions if a certain task given to us changes." He paused there, letting his words soak in. "I say we continue on... with a different objective in mind; finding whatever his here and calling to us."

Roshion Frunger:

"What, no!" Roshion protested, "protecting the people of Ragern is our mission, not chasing after feelings. We must rescue the people of Ragern first and worry about whatever is pulling you later. For all we know the more time we waste here talking about how the force is bothering you guys the less time we could have to save the people of Ragern." It wasn't that Roshion didn't care about how the force was affecting the others, she just couldn't stand by while others suffered.

He turned furiously to Roshion. "And what would you have us do?" He asked, hitting the table with a closed fist. "We have no way and no right to take the people off this planet, even if they did want to go." He paused as he took a deep breath. "We can save the younglings, sure, but they lie in the same direction as whatever is disturbing the force. Why not kill two birds with one stone?"

Ferriath Quugh (Shadow Quugh)

She was getting annoyed by the padawans antics. Very annoyed. "Hey! You 2! This is why you are still Padawans! This is one of the lessons you have to learn! Working with others. You aren't the only two here. So think! We have a knight and a padawan who want to track down this force pull. We have a knight and a Padawan who want to stay the course and focus on the people in the town. So instead of bickering, use your critical thinking abilities. What is the best way to solve ALL the problems at hand?"

She straightened up and let out a sigh. This is why the Padawans needed to figure this out. She would have taken Jandrik and gone to investigate the force calling on the planet, then sent the other 2 to help the villagers. They would have eventually crossed paths since she suspected all of the things were related.​

He looked to Ferraith, confused and feeling foolish. What she says is true, he admitted to himself.

Another thought occurred to him. "What about the council's orders? That you two aren't to intervene unless absolutely necessary?" He gestured to the two Jedi seniors. He had no problem with splitting up, but the last thing he was going to do was go against the Jedi council.

Setzer Branford

He looked at Jandrik disapprovingly. "The council's orders said we're not to intervene until we determine it absolutely necessary." He sent out a calming wave to settle everyone's emotions. "We need to think about things logically. If this artifact is what the pirates are looking for, then that makes it our number one priority, we'll find the artifact and secure it from the threat of the pirates. Then, Ferriath and I will inspect the artifact while you two finish your mission and defeat the rest of the pirates. Can we agree to this compromise?"

Jandrik nods. "I can agree with that. I'm sorry for... whatever I have done." He made as if he was looking at himself with disappointment. "I'm not proving myself very well, am I?" He sits up, stretching his back out. "I'm ready whenever you are masters. I will make sure we fulfill our objective by any means necessary."

Roshion Frunger:

"Well we don't exactly know where the force could take us, on the other hand we have an idea of where the pirates took the villagers, so for know we should stick to our plan to find them." Roshion explained, "that is if you are okay with that Jandrik," she added remembering what Ferriath had said.

“You are proving yourself fine. We didn’t take control of the mission did we? That means we still have faith in you.” She then turned to the knight. “We don’t have to converse with the council, but we should still send a transmission so they know what is going on. If anything happens to us, they need to know what we were doing so they can warn the next team coming. They should not suffer the same fate if something were to happen. It can be quick, then we can all head out to where the pirates have gone."​

Setzer Branford

Setzer nodded at his partners suggestion. "Sounds like a plan Ferriath. Now Roshion." He knelt down and placed a comforting hand on the padawan's shoulder. "I understand your desire to save as many villagers as you can, I share that desire. But for all we know, this artifact could have the power to destroy millions of villages just like this one, all over the galaxy. We can't let it fall into the pirates hands. Sometimes your forced to choose between the good of many, and the good of few, and we've been trained to protect the galaxy as a whole. Do you understand?"

Roshion Frunger:

"But you guys don't have a lead on where in the world the artifact is. After all it is probably in the same place the pirates took the villagers, so I don't see why we can't do both." Roshion pointed out.

Setzer Branford

"We will do both, we just cant do both at the same time. As I said, once we secure the artifact, you and Jandrik can finish your original mission by saving the remaining villagers. Ok?"

She smiled as she looked at the Padawans. "Well, shall we head off to the mountains then?" She began walking then turned around with a cheeky grin. "Oh, I already ran scans from my starfighter. I knew that was where you were planning to go anyway. I'll meet you there. If you make any stops for any reason, let me know. I don't want to walk in on a pirate party by myself." She turned and walked out of the ship.

After she exited, she disappeared into the surroundings. She couldn't even be sensed through the force. She began making her way across the terrain towards the mountains. She stopped for a moment, long enough to send a transmission to the Council advising them on the situation. She then began to move again. Feeling the force calling her towards the same location the pirate activity was supposedly in. "I don't like this. One bit."​

Roshion Frunger:

"Well we better get going, because we have no idea how long the trek could be," Roshion said leaving the ship after Ferriath and heading toward the mountains.

After five hours or so of walking they made it to the Grader mountains. As they traveled deeper into the mountain range Roshion could start to feel a disturbance in the force, must be what the others were talking about, Roshion thought to herself. Not knowing where else to go Roshion followed the disturbance to the base of a tall mountain, where the pirates seemed to have set up. Their camp looked rough and not well fortified, as if they were not expecting anyone to find them. Inside the camp Roshion could see the missing towns people moving rock into a pile, she could not see where they were getting the stone from but she guessed it had something to do with the cave the old townsmen had told her about. Roshion counted ten pirates, five were watching the prisoners work, three walked the perimeter of the camp, and two were just sitting in the shade of a large boulder eating. "So how do you want to play this?" Roshion asked Jandrik, "I count ten, but there are probably more around here somewhere, and we got to make sure we don't put the people in the line of fire."

[[OOC Sorry for delay lost my laptop so haven't been able to post]]
Jandrik Draelyr

He watched the pirates as they went about their business, appearing relaxed and slightly disinterested. He quietly shook his head, even he knew that charging them would be suicide.

He watched a second more, taking in the surroundings before giving Roshion an answer.

"I think the best thing to do is to create a diversion. The more attention we can draw away the better." He glanced back at the guard relaxing. "Another possible, yet dangerous idea is to rush them silently and by surprise. Take down as many as possible quietly." He frowned as he stated his ideas. "I detest sneaking around like animals, but we can't go toe to toe with such numbers. Even with two senior Jedi."

Roshion Frunger:

"I think one of us needs to draw some of them away and while that is happening the other can sneak in and try to get to villagers," Roshion replied to Jandrik. "I know they have numbers on us, but I guarantee some of those villagers are itching to fight back. Since you don't seem to kin on sneaking I will do it and you can create the distraction? Also maybe we should try taking the three sentres out before moving forward with the the rest of the plan. What do you think?" Roshion asked Jandrik.

Last edited:
Jandrik Draelyr

He considered the plan for a moment. It could work if done correctly, and Jandrik couldn't find any obvious problems with the plan. He nodded towards Roshion. "Sounds like a good idea. You'll know when I cause the diversion."

With that he moved quietly closer to the camp, taking care to not be noticed by the pair of pirates by the boulder. It was on a small incline near the camp, and a genius plan was forming in Jandriks mind. He waited for Roshion to move in position, watching her movements closely.

Roshion Frunger:

Roshion nodded in understanding as Jandrik got up and left. Roshion waited a couple of minutes before approaching the enemy camp. She moved in as close as she could get to the stone pile the villagers were creating taking cover in the shadows of a few large stones. Roshion drew her lightsaber from her belt and waited for Jandrik. As she waited Roshion reached out with the force to try and get a better idea of which enemies to attack first and which to look out for, when suddenly she felt a great disturbance. Fear ran down her spine and started to cloud her vision, any moment Jandrik would set the plan into action and she had to be ready. Breathing slowly Roshion gripped her lightsaber tighter and cleared her mind, she just had to face this darkness.

She was in hiding in a spot where she could see everything. Using force cloak to conceal her identity to everyone. Force user or not. Her eyes were closed and she was in deep meditation. She was using her battle meditation to sense the battle. She could see everything. It essentially gave her a full tactical readout of the current situation. She was monitoring the other Jedi as they began to engage the pirates.

The heightened state of force use that she was doing provided her with a shock as she felt the force fear envelop her. A tactic used by dark side users was to flare their aura which caused all in the area to feel a foreboding sense of fear. She was able to take the blow through her training as a sentinel, but it still surprised her. Even more, it angered her.

Here. The sith are here. They are after an artifact. They subjugated all of these people and terrorized them...........no more. Screw the council and their emotionless teachings. These people will be free of the sith.

Her aura flared as she let her hate and anger of the sith flow through her. Her power keeping her concealed and her force vision becoming clear again as she watched the battle looking for the enemy. The true enemy. Holding out her hand, using all of the emotions flowing through her, she clenched her teeth as she spoke in her mind.

"Hear me, Setzer. Hear me."

Last edited:
Jandrik Draelyr

As Jandrik watched Roshion, he felt a wave of fear pass over him. Jandrik shivered, but he also noticed a slight feeling of... power in the wave. He suddenly felt intense anger from a source he couldn't identify. Instead of clearing his head, he allowed the emotion to flow through him, strengthening Jandrik.

Activating his lightsaber, Jandrik sprung from hiding, cutting down one of the pirates before they could react. The second stumbled backwards, fumbling for a pistol at his side, but Jandrik lunged forward, plunging his saber into the pirate. He felt a slight joy at watching the lifeless body fall to the ground, but he had no time to wait.

Quickly he went behind the boulder. Pressing his hand against the cool stone, he channeled the fear and anger through his hand. With a powerful force push, he launched the boulder straight towards the fortifications, smashing through them easily and narrowly missing both pirate and innocent alike.

He hoped that was an obvious enough diversion as he stood his ground where the boulder was previously, lightsaber flaring before him.

Back