Karma - A Yandere High School Story

The green-haired male stuck his tongue at his friend. At least someone from the past is here to help him. "One," he stated, raising his manicured forefinger. "I am already late. Two," again, he raised another finger. "Just shut up. I was not doing anything that could humiliate myself," he joked. He turned to the tiny food on Kai's table. "And what is that?" he asked, curiosity on his features.

Before the two on his row could answer, he turned to face the back of the classroom, giving a low whistle. He spotted Saki, Miyaki, girls that looks like clowns, and boys looking like thugs. "A bag of mixed nuts," he observed, brows furrowing. Even if he never attended this school, he knows of the reputations of most of the people here.

"I guess so," Kai glanced over his shoulder and then back at the box of food. "Do you want any?" he asked, pointing at it.

The bell rung, ending homeroom. Saki didn't seem to notice the bell, or some her classmates rushing off to their first period class while others hung around a bit longer.

Miyuki snickered, "Would you look at that? Stupid brat can't even hear the bell." She walked over to Saki and waved her hand in front of her face. "Helloooo? Earth to Saki?" She received no response. "Wow, you really are retarded-"

Saki's hand shot out suddenly, roughly grabbing Miyuki's wrist. Miyuki cried out in pain, trying to pull away, but Saki kept a firm grip. She looked up at her, with her piercing blue eyes full of anger while her face remained expressionless. A moment later, she mumbled something in Japanese as if speaking to an invisible person.

She let go of Miyuki's wrist. Miyuki stumbled backward a few paces, scrambling to put some distance between herself and the crazy girl.
"Did- did anyone see that?"

"The little psycho attacked me!!" Miyuki screeched. "I'm telling my father about this! You'll be expelled, you crazy freak!" She turned on her heel and stomped out the door.

Saki seemed unfazed and quietly gathered up her things to leave.

Ichika watched Miyuki stomp out with slight disapproval visible on her face as she stood up, "Sorry for not answering you Akari, but yeah, I kinda want a toffee." She plucked a toffee out of the box of confections, put it in her pocket, and walked out of the classroom, smiling. Hopefully this year was gon be a good year.

((I'm so sorry for not replying earlier, and I'm also so sorry for such a bad post!))

(I don't care about post quality or length tbh)

Saki picked up her bag and silently left the room. Out in the hallway she encountered some other people she knew from a previous year. (I won't do full character bios for these ones yet, their names are Kiyomi and Chou)

Kiyomi looked at her, slight disgust on her face. "Oh, it's you again. How come you haven't dropped out yet? There's no way you're going to pass eleventh grade at this rate."

"Y-yeah.. what Kiyomi said..." Chou added nervously.

When Saki ignored them, Kiyomi glared and grabbed her shirt collar. "Hey! Listen to me when I'm talking to you, brat!" She shoved her against the locker, took Saki's bag and dumped its contents all over the floor of the hallway.

((yeah me neither))

Kai, hearing the commotion, left the room.
"Hey! what are you doing!?" he swatted Kiyomi away from Saki.

Akari left the classroom a little late, having had to clear up the food left on the desks, and was immediately shocked by what she saw. That poor girl was being bullied again! Silently, she picked up some of the books on the floor and stacked them neatly, before securing them with a long piece of blue ribbon from her pocket. She repeated this with all of the books and then picked them up, watching the exchange and preparing herself to join the argument if she needed to.

"What's your problem? This is none of your business," Kiyomi scowled. Chou remained silent, half hiding behind Kiyomi. "Whatever, we have to get to class. Come on, Chou." She grabbed Chou's arm and led her away down the hall.

As always, Saki remained quiet. She wasn't entirely oblivious, though, as she looked up at Kai for a moment before looking away again.

Saki rarely spoke. People assumed it was because of some sort of speech impairment, but that wasn't the case. Really, she could speak and understand English just fine, but lacked the confidence to actually talk to anyone. She often muttered to herself in Japanese, seemingly communicating with someone who wasn't there. Speaking two languages brought her some comfort; very few people in the school could understand Japanese.

Despite this, when she did sometimes speak to you in English, it was difficult to understand. Her speech wasn't the problem. Her thoughts jumped around with seemingly no real connection between the topics, and sometimes she'd even forget you were there. Now, most assume this is the result of an untreated mental illness of some sort (schizoaffective disorder).

(Sorry, this is too fast paced. I was reading the posts then boom! new scene. Lemme collect myself first. I do apologize for late replies.)

Yew, following the only person he knows in the school, raised a brow in confusion at what was happening. Everything was in so much chaos and he is starting to love it. He moved next to the person tying the books in blue ribbon. "I assume this is a norm for you all?" he asked.

He turned to Kai, brow still raised but it was not out of curiosity. This was a silent demand to explain what was going on.

Last edited:
"Well, I've heard of this happening but I've never actually been in Saki's class before, so I've never been directly involved," Akari explained, offering the books back to their owner.

"Ah, I see," the green-haired male mused. "Saki Sato, huh?" He focused on the girl and pursed his lips. Both students he asked was true. The girl looked like she was a feral animal locked in this school. It did not help that she looked lanky and weak. "Hierarchy to the students look like the food pyramid of the animal kingdom," he stated, eyes narrowed. "Who is on top of the food chain here?"

Saki stays silent, her face still displaying no emotion except the slight shadow of loneliness and depression that always hangs over her. She refuses to make eye contact with anyone.

(The others should suspect some sort of mental illness with Saki, one that will go very badly if left untreated as we'll see later on. Also bullying + schizophrenia + depression = not good. Obviously.)

Kai frowned and went over too Saki. "hey, are you okay? I saw those girls pestering you, they are real jerks." he sighed. "I know you probably find it hard at school 'Cus your a little... out there?" He paused for a second. "But like, not in a bad way or anything,"

She silently puts the books down on some of some nearby lockers and smiles awkwardly, wondering if there might be something wrong with Saki. Then she scolded herself sharply, unable to believe that thought just crossed her mind. As she watched Kai walk over to her, she wondered. How on earth did she end up like this? Did she...do something that made everybody hate her? Or do they just bully her for the sake of it?

While Saki does respond, it's clearly not to any of them, and not in English either. She mutters a short phrase in Japanese (one that roughly translates to "he's not like them" because someone's being nice to her for once) and looks up at Kai, but not really noticing anything else that's going on around her.

"... Thank you..." she finally says, showing at least some indication of understanding what just happened, even if a bit delayed. She has the voice of someone with very little confidence, speaking quietly in almost a whisper.

(Remember none of them have heard her speak very much before, much less in actual coherent English xD)

Seeing Kai smile, Saki's expression changed. Could it be that she actually felt something? Yes, the cold, emotionless, distant Saki was, in fact, capable of true emotions. Mostly silent rage, or the sort of loneliness that people mistook for being extremely introverted, but emotions nonetheless.

But the chaotic, nonsensical cacophony of her mind couldn't handle very much, often causing her to lash out suddenly and randomly. What she did understand, however, was the same thing she'd known since grade 5; this person was precious to her. They may even be the only thing keeping her from killing herself. Saki's life was just day after day of absolute misery, after all...

Back