Land Down Under (KJDarKnight & Treasure)

Misty sighed and looked out, the sun goong down "I'm sure Justira is ok" she could tell he was worried and that made sense. They had been gone awhile

Gray gave a slight nod. "Maybe they picked up more than expected and it slowed them," he signed briefly before folding his arms again. Briefly, he glanced toward Pepper and Peter, feeling a little guilty that he hadn't even paused to consider how they felt about Badru being gone.

"Why don't you come inside...I'm sure they've had to stop for the night anyway" Misty said, trying to be a supportive friend

"I like to be out at night," Gray admitted. "I can finally see a little easier, and I do not feel so..." He stopped himself before admitting what he'd been feeling. "Useless if I can at least wait for them," he finished instead.

She sighed "well...want me to bring you something to eat?" She offered "I'm worried about you"

Gray hesitated a little bit before signing, "Would you be willing to sit with me for a time? I know I have not been a good friend lately, and I apologize, but... I am lonely."

It was difficult for him here, possibly more so for him than anyone else, possibly even Misty. The daylight crippled him, not everyone knew sign language, and he was so weak from the daylight even at night that it was difficult for him to do anything constructive for the group. All he could do was act as a lookout, and that lack of ability to contribute weighed on him. He knew Misty felt it, too, as she was not much stronger than he.

"Sure Gray" she pulled the blanket tighter around her shoulders and sat by him "you're not being a bad friend...we're all struggling and...if Jonah was the one out there...I'd be a bit on edge too" she said

"And you found someone too" she reminded him "I've seen how she looks at you...how you look at her"

She smiled a little "we aren't all that far ahead" she said "but it's no race, I'm just happy for you. She's nice, and pretty too"

"So what's holding you back?" She asked him "never known you to be shy" she smirked "always say how it is and all.."

Off in the distance there was movement in the tree's, the others were making it back just in time to not have to spend another night in the woods

Misty smiled and looked where he indicated, squinting "could be" she stood up and watched as the group emerged. One too many tall figures but perhaps they had met another friendly top dweller? They weren't running so she had to assume that must be it

Lynna picked up speed when the cave came into sight and started waving. "Hellloooo! We're back! We're home!" she yelled.

Badru didn't yell or wave, but his satisfied smile spoke volumes.

Pepper tried to grab Peter to stop him, but only half hearted as the kid ran out of the entrance "Badru!"

Pepper came to the entrance though and smiled, surprised at just how relieved she felt to see them come home.

Badru carefully set down his pack then crouched, opening his arms to Peter wordlessly. It was good to see the boy again!

Lynna looked for Charlie, Gray, and Mathias. It was good to be home!

Gray stood but stayed where he was, waiting and watching from the shadows.

Charlie and mathias soon enough joined the others.at the entrance.

Charlie grinned "Lynna!" He came out to greet her, very much excited to see her "I was starting to worry!"

Justira searched the group until she spotted Gray in the shadows and smiled. Oh how she had missed him!

"Sorry about that," Lynna said, trotting over to him. "We picked up a new recruit, Mathias!" She talked to both at once. "He was pretty badly damaged, so we patched him up and brought him along.

Gray spotted Justira and smiled at her, waiting for her to join him.

Back