Land Down Under (KJDarKnight & Treasure)

The two borrowers didn't make a move to come inside "day walkers try an eat us. That's all I need ta know" evidently he hadn't had dealings with the more civilized clans of top dwellers besides his own kind "we don want nothin ta do with them folks"

Misty shook her head "oh! No Badru isn't like that" she said, quick to step in to his defence "he helped us escape the cannibals...see there are different clans of..day walkers" she used the term he had

They didn't seem convinced "here look" she pushed back the shoulder of her shirt and lifted the bandages enough for them to see the bite "we don't like the cannibals either. Badru is good"

They looked at each other a moment but nodded hesitantly. A bit more accepting with the given evidence

Badru tensed when Misty started messing with her shirt, but relaxed when he realized what she was doing. He gave the new fellow a disdainful look before glancing at Lynna and Misty. "Burrowers are coward mice with no minds for life. Only fear. Believe all attack them when we try helping." His accent was heavy and his words haulting, but his point was clear.

Lynna winced. "Coward mice? Ouch! That's harsh, Badru. No need to be snippy and judgy."

Faelar frowned more at his words "we are not coward mice!" He snapped back "you day walkers are savage beasts! Ya just take what ya want. No mind to anybody else" he was clearly offended by Badru

Misty didn't like confrontation like this, she never knew what to do in these situations

"If you like," Badru said indifferently. "I cannot change mind. No need wasting words."

"Alright, this is not going quite how I planned," Lynna sighed. She scowled at Badru. "You be nice, and you," she turned to Faelar, "stop making accusations. I personally saw your cannibles, and they are horrible. He saved out lives."

Faelar frowned "you do jot know what life is like up there do ya? Ya don't have no room to tell me anythin. His kind don't care a bit about us. Savages. All of em"

"He isn't savage" Misty said then looked at Lynna "I think it might be best to take your new friends somewhere..else.." she wasn't trying to be mean but all the tension was giving her anxiety and it showed

"Oh, trust me, they are no friends of mine. I'm just babysitting, but you're right," Lynna agreed. "Come on, if you're going to be rude, I shan't take you places." She gave Badru a sort of apologetic salute and headed out, not even glancing at Faelar.

Faelar frowned, wishing very much to ne in his own home.

Justira let go of his arm and caught up to Lynna, catching her arm to get her attention, only when she had it did she signed for her.

"I'm sorry for my brother is just protective and sometimes short sighted" she signed

Lynna shrugged. "I get that. I'd just expect a little more respect from someone in someone else's house, but you are in a really stressful situation right now. Come on, one more place to go, then you can settle down."

Settle down where? She had no idea where to put them, which was part of why she was taking them to see Gray. Hopefully he'd know what to do with them.

she sighed and followed after glancing at her brother and singing "Apologize! She is our host" she scowled at him. Faelar frowned sighed and caught up to Lynna again "I'm sorry" he said at his sisters request

Lynna scrutinized him. "Hmm, not sure I believe you are, but thanks for the offer. Come on, my friend isn't far from here." She did smile at Justira. "Thank you," she mouthed.

Gray was just climbing down from his shack when they arrived, and he paused at the bottom, turning to face them. Lynna never noticed before, but his appearance was closer to these... "burrowers" or whatever they were called than he did to the others at Desolation. Interesting.

Faelar sighed "well then I will just have to prove it" he said before falling back to his sisters side.

Justira watched Gray as he came down, surprised by his pale hair, gray, while hers and her brothers were so light blond it looked like pale liquid gold. at least it would if it were clean, the two had been through a lot, dirty and disheveled. She elbowed her brother then signed "he's handsome" not realizing Gray knew sign.

Gray smiled and signed back, "Thank you. I do not think I have ever recieved a compliment like that."

"Gray, these are Justira and Faelar," Lynna introduced with a grin. "Ustira is deaf and Gray is dumb in the scientific sense."

Justira's eyes widened and she blushed, embarrassed, still she signed to him directly "Then people here are blind"

Faelar on the other hand found it amusing "Well then, rather the perfect match then aren't they" he mused "Nice ta meet ya Gray, he stepped forward and offered a hand in greeting

Gray smiled and signed a greeted, but he didn't take the offered hand. "It is good to meet you both! You seem to have had much trauma today. Are you far from home?"

he took his hand back, wondering if this wasn't a custom among then then. "Very far I'm afraid, past the forest and the plains past is where we come from" he told him "yer friend here rescued us from wolves" he explained "be dead without er"

"She is good at doing that," Gray confirmed. "I take it then you have had no official welcome, then? Or anyone to put you up?"

"eh, afraid not no... we were drivin out of our burrow" he admitted, they had no where to go, at the mercy of these groundlings and he didn't much like that, it was strange and uncomfortable not knowing what was to come or where they would be able to find a new home.

Gray nodded. "There have been a lot of reports about similar things happening. It seems one particular breed of Top Dweller has decided to drive out all others. Not very sensical if other people are, indeed, their food source, but then who is to reason with such tenacity? In any case, I have a place where you might stay for now. I shall have to tell the council about your presence as it ties in with other troubles."

"Whatever ya need ta do. We'd be most grateful fer a place ta stay tonight anyway" Faelar said, glancing at Justira who nodded agreement.

"Handsome and kind. Thank you" she signed and smiled a little shyly, her cheeks lightly flushed pink

Gray grinned and gestured for them to follow him. Not far away was a little shack that was designed for a relief communications officer if there was an emergancy that required an officer to be present at all times. The idea was that one was up in the tower while the other kipped down here only a couple of minutes away. It was small, but still plenty roomy for two people and all the supplies they would need. The door slid open reluctantly, and Gray made a note to oil that later. Then he stepped aside and bowed to the pair.

"Ladies first," he offered. "It is not fancy, but you will not be disturbed, and there is food in those packets in the top cupboard. Not exactly tasty food, but nutritional, and I will see about bringing you a proper meal shortly."

"You are a real Cassanova, Gray," Lynna said quietly.

Back