Land Down Under (KJDarKnight & Treasure)

She nodded a little and simply signed "thank you" in return

When Gray returned home again there was a messenger looking for him, about to head up the ladder

Gray frowned when he spotted the messager then snapped his fingers repeatedly to get his attention. What could the messenger want?

The boy looked back then quickly climbed down again. He was a bit out of breath "mr Gray. Your presence is requested" he said before holding out an envelope with the mark of the official council clearly stamped on it.

A similar message had been sent to the members of the trade crew. Thr massages short.

"Mr Gray,

We received your message concerning two additional top dwellers brought into desolation. The situation is becoming a concern and must be resolved at once.

Bring these new top dwellers as well as miss Pepper and her son to the council chamber.

We await your arrival."

Lynna Mathias Misty and Jonah received similar summons. Misty of course told to bring Badru with her

Gray read the note over then nodded to the messenger. He could do that. He gave a little bow to show his thanks then moved to climb the ladder instead of go to his home. He would wait until the messenger left to let Pepper know.

The boy hurried off again, probably to report his messages had been delivered, not questioning where Gray was going. That was his business

Gray waited until he was gone then climbed back down and went home. He opened the door and knocked on it to alert Pepper and Peter he was home. No need to scare anyone.

Pepper was sitting with Peter while he was doing homework, pepper continually amazed by him.

Hearing the knock she looked over "welcome home Gray" she smiled

Gray smiled, though for once the smile did not reach his eyes. He walked over and patted Peter's shoulder before handing Pepper the note. He wanted to get her take on it.

~~

Lynna ran to Misty's house and banged excitedly on the door. "Misty!"

Pepper read over the note,frowning a little "suppose they aren't goong to turn a blind eye now there are two more...but why summon me and Peter?"

--

Misty jumped when she banged. So much company lately. Still she went and opened the door, still holding the note in her hand

Gray shook his head. "I really do not know, and I did not expect them to react so quickly. The pair have only just settled in, and now they are being dragged off. I would have liked if they could have gotten a couple of days of rest. As for you and Peter..." He shrugged again.

~~

Lynna waved the note angrily. "Summoned! Before some sort of court thingy! Can you believe this?? My mother thinks I'm going to be deported or imprisoned or something drastic."

"They are probablu worried about word getting out and people panicking" Pepper said "all we can do is respond to the summons and see what they say"

--

Misty sighed "we're all being summoned" she lifted her note "they aren't goong to imprison us for helping some outsiders. Relax" though she was quite nervous herself

Gray considered then nodded. Seemed like a fair assessment. "As long as it is not hidden or skewed, I am content." A tall order, but one could hope. "I need to let the other two know about this. I shall be back soon."

~~

"I'm not the one wondering about imprisonment, my mom is," Lynna grumbled. "I'm worried about stupid people making stupid decisions about helpless people."

Pepper nodded "we will get ready and wait outside foe you" she said, she would have to get into their best clothes for something like this

The poor twins were only just settling down to get some sleep. No rest for the weary as the saying goes.

Gray nodded and walked back to the shack. He sighed then knocked on the door and waited for an answer. This was such a nuisance. Not for him, but for everyone else. He was beginning to wish he'd waited longer to let them know about the twins.

It was onlya couple moments before Faelar answered the door. Couldn't they just sleep? Gods he was so tired. "Gray..did ya forget something?" He asked, opening the door wider for him

Gray shook his head soberly and held out the letter. "I am sorry. I thought you would have more time to rest," he apologized. "I would have waited to inform them had I known how fast they would move."

He took the note but just stared blankly at it. He couldn't read. "It's not yer fault Gray" he handed it hack, trusting him about what it said "I'll get Tira, she just started ta sleep"

Oh. They couldn't read. Of course. Gray felt a little silly, but he let it go and just nodded. "Meet me there at the ladder leading up to the shack. I will be waiting with some others who have been summoned," he signed.

He nodded again "we won't be long" he assured, wishing they had at least an hour to rest. He expected they would be tossed back out or pushed aside someplace put of sight. Whatever happened they would figure it out.

Pepper and Peter were waiting. Dressed in their best but that wasn't saying much for Pepper. She didn't own any dresses. Best she could do was the least greece stained set of clothes she had

Gray smiled as he approached Peter and Pepper. "You both look very nice," he signed to them. "Our newcomers will be here shortly. Ah, I suppose you have not yet met them. They are quite interesting."

Back