Land Down Under (KJDarKnight & Treasure)

She was of course surprised by the offer but she smiled. So kind and generous too "that is very kind. But I don't want to put you out. We can make due here. Truly"

"There is no telling how long you will be here while the council wastes time in indecisive scrutiny. You may as well be more comfortable," Gray urged gently. "It is truly no trouble to me."

"as long as it is no trouble and you are certain" she signed back "Then thank you." she leaned up and kissed him on the cheek, her cheeks flushing pink as she did it

Gray started in surprise and instinctively pulled back a little at the unexpected touch. Then he smiled, his cheeks flushing a faint pink. His fingers shook a little as he signed back, "I would be honored to host you both in my home."

She smiled at his reaction, clearly not used to things of that nature. The blush was cute too but then she noticed the shaking and caught his hand frowning she looked up at him again.

"You need rest" she signed "we can talk more tomorrow amd maybe you cam show us some of the city"

Gray flinched when she took his hand and nearly pulled away. He had to physically stop himself from doing so. She meant no harm. The touch was not bad. It was fine. He focused on her words and managed a smile.

"Are you certain you will be alright until I return?" he asked.

She noticed the flinch of course and how he had pulled away before too "we'll be fine. No reason to go anywhere" she hesitated them signed "would you rather I did not touch you?"

He wasn't sure how to answer her. He did not want to offend or make her think she was doing something wrong. "I am not accustomed to it. It feels strange, but I know you do not mean ill. It is instinct," he tried to explain almost apologetically.

She nodded her understanding. It made sense "I will refrain then" she didn't seem offended just concerned "go rest" she added

Gray stood and bowed to her. "I will see you tomorrow. Sleep well!" He let himself out and closed the door carefully. Only once he was several steps away did he sigh in relief. This was going to be okay. First, he really should get more food to keep on hand. Then he needed to sort out his house.

Come morning the twins were well rested and awaiting Gray to return. They did step outside to stretch but did not venture farther, not wanting to get Gray into trouble

Tira spotted Gray first, she smiled and waved, happy to see him

Gray smiled and returned the wave, far more rested now. He nodded to them then signed, "I hope you both rested well? Please, follow me. My place is not far, but it is a bit hidden."

"Rested alright ya" Faelar replied, Justira nodded her agreement but added nothing, once more on the back seat with her brother awake.

"My aister said ya offered her place. Ya sure we're nit puttin ya out?"

Gray started walking, guiding them toward his place. He turned, walking sideways awkwardly so he could still communicate with them. "No, no, of course not! I do not mind. I am at work more than I am home, and I believe my house misses being properly used."

"Misses?" he raised a brow "Make it soun liker her house is alive somehow..." it was an odd way of putting it

Justira still did not comment but she was watching him so she knew what was going on, she tried to read her brothers lips but was a bit hard at that angle. he sometimes forgot but she never complained

Gray just smiled and led the way to his hidden house as he had done for Pepper and Peter not too long ago. So many visitors! He opened the door and signed, "Please remove your shoes as you enter." Then he paused and looked down. "Ah, yes, you do not wear shoes." Smiling, he indicated for them to go first and step into his small, living cave of moss and plants. Perhaps seeing life - even unfamiliar life - would put them more at ease.

Tira curiously went in first, her eyes widening as her feet felt the soft moss. A smile spread across her face, looking back as Gray and her brother followed. "This is amazing! feels like home!" she said, the excitement clear in how she signed.

Faelar smiled "IT does look a bit like her room in the burrow" he commented to Gray "She has a fondness fer plants an all" he explained to him "Do like what ya done with the place"

"I am glad it is comforting to you. Please, make yourselves at home! Let me show you where everything is." He showed them where the bedding was stored, how the kitchen worked, where the bathroom was and how it worked, and any other odds and ends he could think of. "While you are here, my home is your home. Please relax and do what you will! Just don't kill my plants." The last bit was more for Faelar's benefit than Justira's.

"Don worry about that. Tira'd have my head if I hurt any of em" Fealar assured him to which Justira blushed faintly and signed "he's not wrong" she wanted to hug Gray but refrained after their conversation the night before "I love your home. Thank you" she signed instead

Gray's eyes twinkled as he returned her smile. Seeing her happy filled him with warmth. He was happy to help Faelar, of course, but she was so enthusiastic it was hard not to get sucked in. "Would you like to see some of the city?"

~~

Badru stood staring at the door leading to the outside world. He could leave. He could return to the surface where he belonged, but did he really belong? Did he belong here? He sighed softly. He did not like doing this type of introspective thought and philosophy.

Back