Land Down Under (KJDarKnight & Treasure)

"A bit shaken I think. Scott gave her something to block the sound of the storm. Hope it helps. She seemed to enjoy learning from Mathias though" she explained what she had noticed during their travel

Gray smiled slightly at Misty's report. "It is good to-" He stopped, interrupted by another incoming signal. He put Misty's line on hold and listened intently to the new report. After a few moments of listening, he contacted Misty again.

"The missing Trade Crew made contact. They are trapped out in the rain. Their location is one hour from your present camp. Please ask Matthias to advise on shelter for the crew."

Misty got up and careful as she could went to th4 cave mouth to pass on the info.

Sitting by him to translate his answer i to code. Easier to hear that than any voices over the storm.

"An hour in which direction?" They didn't know which crew it was

It took Gray a few minutes to pinpoint the location of the other crew due to the weather, but finally, he was able to message back Misty. "One hour due south of your position as best as they can calculate. Are there shelters in that area?"

Mathias looked over his map before pointing out a marked spot and giving her the approximate coordinates

"Yes, there's a cave. He says to use caution entering. Something might have moved in since last he was there" she said before giving the directions

"I have passed on the information. I shall update you when they have arrived," Gray replied. He sat back, giving a soft sigh of relief. At least all the crews were now accounted for.

Jt was a few moments before she messaged again.

"Scott says we will make a run to meet up with them during the eye. We can share supplies and that cave is much larger. Mathias knows a faster route cutting through the tree's"

"Just be careful. You should have time when the eye of the storm reaches you, but beware. These storms can turn without warning."

"I will be tracking with my tablet. Mathias will carry my heavy equipment so we can move faster." Sue explained th4 plan to him as it was unfolding with her and Mathias and Scott all discussing quietly so others could sleep

"The plan sounds appropriate. Move quick, keep your head down, but do not move too soon," Gray cautioned. Sometimes he wished he was in a position to do more than advise and warn.

"We will be careful. I'll reach out when we arrive and keep you informed" she said, settling back i to her corner of the cave to rest while she could before braving the woods

"Good. Rest well!" Grey signed off and set aside his headset for a bit of a stretch. Things would go well The other trade crew was a little new at this, but Mathias had enough skill and talent for three trade crews. With him in the lead, everything would be fine.

~~

Lynna stirred and finally took off the ear muffs. She looked around and spotted Matthias huddled with Scott. She stood and walked over to them. She stopped short, suddenly realizing that perhaps she wasn't invited to the conversation.

Mathias looked up when he noticed the movement, he offered a smile "Lynna, come sit with us" he invited, Scott was looking a bit disgruntled, probably annoyed that everyone was following Mathias when he was the leader of the group, Mathias just had more of a reputation than him. It annoyed Scott.

"Feeling better?" Scott asked "I know witnessing your first storm can be, overwhelming"

--

Back at desolation, there was a light rapping on Gray's door, a familiar sound. Little Peter was quite fond of Gray, Mathias' nephew. Though only a young boy no older than eight. He had been to the surface many times with his uncle, like Mathias had, he was learning early on to navigate the surface world. He hadn't gone more than a couple miles yet though, too young.

Last edited:
Lynna nodded, tossing the ear muffs to Mathias. "Yeah. Sorry about that. I'm okay now," she said brusquely, feeling awkward and a little ashamed of her breakdown. "So, what's going on now? Is something happening?"

~~

Gray opened the door then smiled warmly when he saw Peter. He stepped back and indicated for the young one to come in. He turned on another light to give Peter a bit more to see by.

"We are going to make a run to meet up with another trade crew during the eye of the storm" Mathias said "we will have more space and more supplies working together"

--

Peter stepped in and waited for Gray to close the door again before hugging him "is my uncle ok? Have you heard?" He asked, the little boy terribly worried and knew Gray would be the most likely to have information "I know there is a storm"

"Really? I thought for sure we were going to be stuck here for days!" Lynna groaned, risking a peek at the grey rain sleeting down. "When are we leaving? Couple of hours? Couple of minutes?"

~~

"Uncle and friends are safe," Gray replied, signing slowly and distinctly for Peter. "All is well. They are helping others."

Mathias checked the time "about half an hour now" he said. We will have three to get to the other crew" he told her.

"Rouse the others. We need to get organized before we go" Scott added in

--

Peter nodded and smiled a bit "course they are...cause we got the best crew right?"

Lynna nodded and walked away, going to Misty first and shaking her leg before doing the same to the others. "Come on, time to wake up. Up you get!"

~~

"Right!" Gray signed firmly. "Your uncle very, very good. With good people. They shall be fine." He pointed to a chair then asked, "Do you wish to wait with me?"

Whence everyone was gathered together Mathias laid out the map that he had marked the rout on and let Scott explain the plan

"Mathias will lead. He knows the way. I'll take up the rear. Lynna I'll need you to keep constant track of everyone. Make sure nobody gets separated. We will be moving at a fast pace. We have three hours but storms can be unpredictable the faster we get there the better" he glanced around to make sure everyone understood "any questions?"

--

Peter nodded and climbed up on to the chair "I can't wait until I'm old enough to go on an actual trade run" he mused "it's so exciting"

Lynna saluted. "No, sir!" she said, grinning. This sounded like a challenge! And a fun one at that. She glanced around as if one of their group could have already wandered off in the tiny cave.

~~

Gray smiled as he took his usual seat. "Yes. Is very exciting! But I prefer staying down here and hearing the stories. Rain is cold." Well, he would like to see the world a little bit, but he was content staying safe.

Back