Land Down Under (KJDarKnight & Treasure)

"If I know my son he want's to stay here where he can get updates about Mathias anyway...it would be no trouble" she insisted "besides. It's..kind of nice to spend time with friends" Peter knew him better than her. She worked so much she hardly got out of the engine rooms. Mathias useually took Peter after his school lessons

Gray nodded. "I would be delighted to share my little shed with you two. It is nice to see you here, and you deserve a nice break."

Pepper smiled at that "I'd get more breaks if we could get replacement parts" she sighed "can only patch things so many times" she said shaking her head. It worried her but she tried not to let that show too much.

"I'll go get dinner and bring it up..any preference?"

"Things will get better," he tried to assure her. "I do not have any preference. Whatever is easy. Thank you a thousand times over!"

She smiled "you're sweet Gray and I hope you're right" she said before looking at Peter "keep put of his way hear? Don't give him any trouble"

Peter grinned "I won't mamma" he promised

With that she slipped away again to go fetch them dinner.

Peter grinned "You think she's pretty Gray?"

Gray raised his brows at Peter and smiled. "Yes, of course she is pretty. She is a lovely mother with a wonderful personality." He turned and started rearranging his desk, making certain everything was tidy and in order with space for the food that was to come eventually.

Peter watched him a moment before he went on "why not ask her for a date then?" He asked, a bit innocent to how these things worked. He and his mother got along so why shouldn't they be together? Then he could see Gray more often too! Seemed like a win win to him

Gray stared at him a moment then grinned. He would have laughed if he could, but instead he just shook his head. "Your mother is very nice and I like her, but I do not think we would do well in dating. Besides, I doubt your mother thinks of me like that. Still, I do enjoy spending time with both of you, especially you."

Peter swung his feet and looked down at his hands "oh" he said and sighed before looking back up at him "I thought maybe if she found someone new she wouldn't be so sad all the time"

Gray gently patted Peter's shoulder and made certain he was looking at him. "I am glad you are trying to make your mother happy, but sometimes a new person is not the answer. Maybe someday she will find someone new, but you have to be happy as you are before you can find happiness with someone else. I think you are a little young to understand now, but I think you will someday." He paused, considering. "Maybe when your mother has a day off, we can give her a happy day, a day just for her."

Peter frowned a bit. He didn't understand but he wouldn't push it anymore than that.

"Like a birthday?" He asked, perking up again "I think she'd like that"

"Exactly like that!" Gray praised. "I think she would really enjoy it, but we shall have to think about what she'd want to do."

Peter smiled and nodded "maybe we can all three go up top with Mathias when he is back" he suggested. "Dad won't come up there to bother us either" Peppers ex shouldn't be Bothering them regardless, wasn't a good sign if he was trying to get back in the picture again

"He did go for awhile but he's started coming around again...I heard them arguing about me.." he frowned again as he remembered. They had thought he was asleep but he hardly could with them practically shouting at each other

Gray turned to Peter and laid a gentle hand on his shoulder. "If they argue around you again or if you want to get away, you can always come here," he signed slowly and clearly. "I do not care what time it is, you can come here."

--

Meanwhile, up on the surface, the storm was showing signs of weakening. Lynn tightened the straps on her bag and looked to Mathias and Scott. Any minute now.

Peter nodded and hugged him again. He really did adore Gray and looked up to him in many ways. He and Mathias both.

It seemed to take a bit too long before Pepper finally knocked on the door again, peter was quick to hop up and answer to find his mother with the basket full of their dinner. She had a split lip that she hadn't before.

--

Mathias watched the sky, at least what he could see through the canopy of leaves. He gave the signal and started them out at a brisk jog to let them get used.to the soggy slippy ground then picked up the pace leading the way through the tree's deeper and deeper in. The tree's seem to get closer together making Lynna's job a bit harder to keep track of everyone.

For the first half of the run everything seemed to be going fine until Misty was not counted, then Scott cried out and fell, a crude spear through his shoulder pilling him to a tree

Last edited:
Gry smiled and helped Peter move the basket. "Will you please set things out for us?" Gray asked, looking to distract Peter. He moved to catch Pepper's attention, carefully reaching up to her. His silvery eyes glinted with worry as he touched her cheek on the side of her split lip. He didn't ask any questions, but his concern was obvious.

~~

"Look out! Enemy!" Lynna yelped. She grabbed her baton and whirled around, trying to find where the spear had come from. "Misty! Mathias, we're under attack!"

Jonah ran to Scott. He didn't try to take out the spear at first, instead turning to act as his guard. It would do neither of them any good if they were both punctured.

Pepper flinched slightly when he reached up, just instinct at this point but she offered a small smile "I'm fine...jus fell that's all" she said, sometimes it wasn't easy to admit the truth even when it was obvious.

--

Mathias came to a halt and swung the riffle down into his hands. This wasn't right. They never came out this far. They should have been safe cutting through this area. "Stick together, gather around Scott!" He yelled. Looking for Misty as he came back to defend Scott and the others.

Whomever had attacked was skilled at staying hidden.

"Help!" Misty called from above? Sure enough she was caught up in a net dangling from a high branch

Gray frowned and touched her lips lightly with his finger as though to quiet her. Then he pulled his hand away to sign, "I would rather silence than lies, and you should not have to feel you need to lie." He shook his head, sorrow in his eyes, then moved back to pull out his chair for her, indicating for her to sit.

~~

Lynna's gaze snapped up. "Hold on, Misty!" She followed the thick rope holding the net in the air and traced it down to a nearby tree. Drawing her knife from its sheath as she ran, she raced over to the tree and grabbed the rope. "Hold on, you're probably going to fall!" she called in warning as she started sawing at the rope.

Back