Land Down Under (KJDarKnight & Treasure)

"Rest day does sound nice.." Misty spoke up softly, she could definitely go for that.

"Good, I'm sure we are going to need your survival skills... We have some skills but most of us have never lived in the surface before" she explained to the wolf-girl

Lynna smiled at Misty. "Alright! You can back me up when I tell Mathias."

The wolf-girl studied Pepper seriously. "What was your life before?"

"We lived underground" Pepper told her "like moles" she added so she could maybe get an idea. "But we were forced to the surface then our people through us out. so now we are trying to survive up here with few skills to do so" if she was going to be a part of this group she may as well know what the situation was

The wolf-girl reached out to test her leather top and skirted breeches. After a moment, she replied quietly, "I remember that. A little."

Pepper watched her curiously "You remember living underground?" she asked for clarification, she was curious about this girl, they all were really

She gave a jerky nod and turned away from the others, wrapping her arms around herself. Faint memories glimmered at the back of her mind, taunting her. She'd had dreams about underground sometimes, but they were just dreams, right? No, not right.

She stood abruptly and took down her clothes, suddenly feeling vulnerable. She needed coverings and a weapon. Her spear rested at her feet, Meme not far away.

Lynna shrugged. "Don't look at me. I'm not exactly socially graceful. I say the wrong thing all the time."

The wolf-girl finished dressing then sat down, ready to rise at a second's notice. She looked at Pepper seriously,but Pepper had started talking to Lynna, and only puppies interrupted.

Pepper sighed, not good at social things either, so she looked back at wolf girl "Sorry if I upset you, we're all just curious that's all" she wasn't particularly shy about being bold in these situations though

The wolf-girl shrugged and sat down again, dressed in slightly damp skins. "You can be curious. Curious is good to survive when careful. Carefulness keeps you alive."

Lynna glanced at Misty. "Did she say curiosity is good or bad?"

Misty shrugged "Good I think?" she wasn't sure, glancing nervously at the wolf girl, finding her a bit intimidating with that wolf at her side. and even without the wolf. she pulled her blanket closer.

Pepper wasn't sure how to continue the conversation "right..ok..."

The wolf-girl looked away, staring at the curtain. She grumbled softly under her breath, arguing with herself. Suddenly, she turned to Pepper and blurted, "Sorry!"

Lynna gumped at the sudden noise.

Pepper blinked "Sorry? For what?" she asked, this girl was an odd one but she supposed it made sense if she had grown up with wolves, so she didn't judge her for it.

"Not good with people," she mumbled unhappily. "People are bad. People just lead to trouble and death. Not thought that people would be... not death."

Pepper offered a kind smile "that makes sense, you haven't known people to be nice" she guessed "and honestly, I pretty much agree with you about most humans" she shrugged "Anyway it's alright, just glad you're giving us a chance"

She grunted softly. "I owe your alpha. I belong to this pack until I pay back my debt."

"I doubt he sees it as a debt," Lynna yawned.

"He certainly doesn't" Pepper confirmed "If I know my big brother he only helped purely because he cares, no debt is owed" Pepper told her "But you're welcome to stay regardless, safer in numbers right?"

"Sure you could call us a pack" Pepper shrugged and yawned, now that she was by a fire and drying off she felt like she could sleep.

Justira had already curled up to sleep, exhausted and not able to hear any of them anyway

Lynna laid down next to Justira, scooting back to back with her for the warmth. The fire crackled warmly, and it wasn't long before she was sound asleep.

The wolf-girl watched for a minute then rose and walked out toward the entrance of the cave thing. It was a long walk, and she sat down, exhausted and hurting a few feet from the actual entrance. Here she could see the trees. She leaned against the wall, thinking.

Badru sat with Peter, gently checking his feet and wiping the grime from him with a rag.

Back