Star-Lord shrugged to Rosalina. 'You want me to lie to them? Its a dangerous galaxy out there sweetheart, chances are, he's gone for a reason. Life ain't a Disney movie, despite you dressing like Cinderella.'
He turned to look at Ri. It looked like she was giving him a look of mild terror. He pressed a button on the sideof his helmet, and removed his mask, revealing plain ol' Peter Quill. At least the air seemed breathable. He smiled at Ri, and casually saluted.
'Look like you've seen a ghost. Nothin' to be afraid of. I'm 50% percent plain' old Terran. And half Spartax, but my Dad is a total A-Hole, so I don't talk about it. What's your name?'

Ri wasn't afraid, merely cautious. It was in her nature to keep a low profile, especially in a situation where she was unsure of the consequences of everyone's actions, as they were here. Her expression didn't change, as she answered.

"Ri Boon Hui, that is my name. Not afraid, but you should be more... respectful, mindful of these people." She frowned as soon as she said those words, she didn't see the point of lecturing a strange man on his own behavior, nor did she want to come across as arrogant herself. So she tried to straighten the path of her words.

"We do not know a lot here, so making assumptions is probably not good."​

Star-Lord offered out his hand. 'The name's Peter Quill, people call me Star-Lord. I have a feeling that we got off on the wrong foot, so I'm just going to start again. Kinda. Although I don't take back what I said about the Chosen One.

We may not know a lot, but in my experience its always wise to have a plan....even if I haven't came up with one yet. Anyhow, these people don't seem to have much in the way of developed technology. For all we know, these 'Dark Lords' could be robots. Or Skrulls. Or just a more advanced race.

Where do you guys come from? Which planet?'

As he thought about this, he searched his jacket for his Walkman. It was still there. Perhaps it could come In handy, with some sweet tunes helping to get the Terrans here to trust him.​

uIM4vstm.jpg

Rosalina let her attention be taken away from Saria, when she heard the Man Bot speak about her. "Who is this Cinderella you speak of? Is she from your planet too? I hope she isn't as blunt and rude as you are." Luma giggled at Rosalina's comment, jumping up and down. She listened as he kept talking...he said something about Skrulls? What a weird name for something, it just sounded bad. "Well, I come from The Super Mario Galaxy...I have no one planet, yet I travel from one planet to another. How about you? Where do you come from?"

Ri was not expecting someone like this Peter Quill to just admit he was wrong or change his words, but she was not trying to do that. Perhaps that was the closest he would come, though.

DoonaBae.jpg

"I am from Earth", she said to him, then wondering where this strange man came from if he was asking about planets. "Where are you from, Peter Quill?", she asked him. Afterwards, realizing that Rosalina, was also not of Earth, she looked at her curiously. Not fearful, but curious of Rosalina now more than before.​

'Born and raised on Terra, but I'm half Spartoi. haven't been back to Earth in years though. Can only imagine what's happened to the place....probably overrun with bad TV and Betamax tapes.' Quill said, disappointment and reminiscence evident in his voice.

As for Cinderella, its difficult to explain.' It was clear that he wasn't exactly endearing himself to the locals. 'Look, you wanna hear a song?' He took his Walkman out of his jacket, and held it in his hand.
'You ever seen one of these before?'
The perfect bonding experience. Plus, he could find out which year and dimension they were from.​

..... Too peaceful. Too nice. These poor wee blokes looked as though they'd snap if they so much as picked up a sword. It was enough to cool the Scotsman blood, not wanting to bring conflict amidst them as he snapped his hand out at Tao.

"Shut it Toe, this ain't the place fer yer blathering an' dancing. We'll be sure to give yer ballet recital later a proper critique."

For now, the Scotsman tried to make himself seem as calm and as non-intimidating as possible.

Which was strange for someone like him, admittedly. He scratched the top of his head, frowning as he looked about before asking.

"So who runs this place? Yew?"

The remark from Quill of the hero being dead seemed to cause Saria some discomfort, but she tried to hide it as best as she could.

"No one is dead before there is a body." Motochika remarked in his own crude way. "Don't give up hope little lady, I am sure your hero will resurface sooner or later. Until that time, I, Motochika Chosokabe will help in anyway necessary."

The remarks from Rosalina and Motochika seemed to have lift Saria's spirits for the moment. "Thank you, but I think it will all end for the best."

"Ah..."
The talk about a leader from the Scotsman, meanwhile, seemed to have amused her slightly. "That would be Mido, our self appointed leader." Saria replied pointing to the nearby hut. "He can be a bit...loud at points but he has the Kokiri's best intentions at heart. I am not certain how welcoming he'd be towards you though..."

You enter a village. It looks fairly peaceful, but looks can be deceiving. In the center of the town, you see four individuals standing around talking.

The_Group_by_LadyNorbert.png

"Everything looks fine. Are you guys sure?" One of them said.

"Yes, yes, I'm sure." Another one of them said.

The woman of the group sighed. "Alright, let's just check it out."

You see that most of the houses seem to be unlocked, and you're pretty sure you saw a Treehouse behind you.

You can:

Talk to the group
Investigate the far house
Investigate the Water Wheel
Investigate the house closest to you
Go to the Tree house.​

Kratos didn't show that he had acknowledged Yuki's remarks but they did spark some thought in the spartan's head. With how easily he broke from just a mere threat, it was obvious that the boy would not have lasted long in any kind of combat situation by himself. But it was balanced out by the girl who seemed attached to him by the hip. Fitting enough as it seemed the two played off each other well. But while the boy himself didn't really register as a blip on Kratos's radar, Yuno was indeed a cause for some concern. Not because Kratos felt that she could defeat him but because of what could possibly happen if she were to get any sort of feeling that her boy was being targeted by someone else. He imagined she wouldn't hesitate in doing more than just slicing off a few fingers.

When that occurred as Kratos had a good feeling it would, he'd show no mercy. Insane or not, such a volatile person would only grow to be a burden to the group as a whole. Which at the moment included him as well and if no one else was going to make a judgement call concerning Yuno then he would.

Noticing the Eds racing what appeared to be fluttering balls of light, Kratos made his way after them. The idiot child appeared to have wedged his head into the ground under some perceived threat from these creatures. But they were small enough that Kratos could literally crush them in the palm of his hand so he wasn't too worried to say the least.

As Double D and Eddy continued after Tatl and Tael, Eddy lashed out with his grimy little hands. "GIVE ME BACK MY MONEY, BUGS! I HATE BUGS! THEY'RE WORSE THAN BIRDS!" He complained but the fairies were just too smart for him and stayed out of his range. Double D however was intent on catching them for another reason. Which was to study them because he was sure that he had heard them speak and if they were some new species of insect than this would be quite the spectacular discovery! They might even take the time to put his face on the next issue of Science Monthly! But soon the chase would come to a halt as Tatl and Tael hit a dead end in the form of two giant wooden doors that they would never be able to open themselves.

"Ha! End of the line, bugs! Hand over my jar!" Eddy yelled as he held his hands out expecting to be greeted with the jar returned to it's rightful place. The two fairies looked at each other as if trying to plot out what to do next. "Tael, I'll take them on and you get out of here with the jar." "W-What?! But sis that's crazy! Who knows what they'll do to you! He caught us with our backs against the wall. Let's give him the jar back and leave okay?" Before the fairies could come to a decision however, the sound of footsteps growing louder and louder rang out through the entryway within the tree.

"Ed?!"

It was indeed Ed or to be more specific, Lothar the Barbarian Ork! He had heard the warning Levi had shot his way and no way was he being left to rot like some of zombie! He was a warrior and warriors always fought on to the end! So viciously ripping his head out of the ground and holding what remained of his axe, he barreled through the entrance and smashed right into Double D and Eddy. "Hi guys!" :D He cheerfully said as the fairies couldn't help but have a small laughing fit as they started to make their way off. But Tatl couldn't resist getting in a little more at Eddy's expense. Floating downwards to where Eddy was pinned to the wall by Ed's mass, Tatl smashed into Eddy's head like an overly persistent tennis ball before letting out a satisfied 'hmph!" and going on her way.

"..Ed, you dolt! You let the bugs get off with my money!" Ed was then sent flying across the entry-way as Eddy brushed himself off and stared at the wooden doors blocking their path any further. "Why the heck did we come to this stupid place anyhow?! There's nothing but crazy chicks and bugs who steal your money here! I want to go home!"

Feeling some shred of concern for his friend, Double D patted Eddy on the shoulder only to get a nasty glare shot his way. "Oh come now, Eddy! We mustn't let ourselves be consumed by anger! For how ever will we survive if we're too caught up in our emotions to think rationally! Why I'm certain that behind this door is the salvation we're looking for!" Pausing in his sudden sobbing, Eddy looked up at Double D and tugged at his collar. "Four quarters, Double D! Four! All down the drain because of two measly bugs.."

Kratos had heard enough and shooting a glare down at the two Eds, Eddy's tears immediately cleared up. He wasn't gonna be caught dead crying in front of this guy. He was way too scary for that.

"Cease your pathetic mewling. If you cannot keep yourself stable for whatever is thrown our way then perhaps it's best you stay behind for now."
The spartan suggested, just as cruel as ever. But his words did have some truth to them. If the Eds could clearly not handle the constantly changing circumstances than maybe they would be better off in the back where they wouldn't be as bothered. In any case this door seemed to be the next obstacle.

So standing before it, Kratos pushed on the door and with his incredible strength baring down on the door, it slowly gave way as it was pushed open. Revealing what could have come across as quite the strange room. There was a small bridge leading from one half of the room to the other where another door resided. There appeared to be gears similar to ones someone might see within a clock of some variety. But the most disconcerting thing was the man sitting near an organ playing music very similar to that of Skull Kids. It didn't even seem like Kratos pushing the doors open had registered at all with him. But after a moment or two he would have eventually ceased in playing as he rose from his chair and turned towards the group.

photo.jpg

"Ohohoho! So you've finally come! I must say I'm quite glad. I was worried that I'd be playing for days upon days until you come." The man overlooked just how many people were in the group and his smile grew even wider.

"I didn't expect there to be so many of you. Oh this is greater than I could have ever hoped! You may call me the Happy Mask Salesman and I've been waiting for you all. You see we're currently within the Clock Tower of Clock Town and I've been here for quite some time! I've had something very important to me stolen and getting it back in time could be the deciding factor of this world as we know it! I waited and waited for I knew a great hero would come and I'd be able to ask for their assistance in this endeavor. So, I ask of you will you please hear my story?"

He asked as Eddy's eyebrows shot up as the salesman mentioned something being stolen. Sensing an opportunity when he saw it, he made his way over to the salesman and tugged on his jacket. "Ey there stretch! I dunno what it is exactly that you've lost. But leave it to Ed's Find it and Return it team to get it back to you! For a nominal fee of course."

Turning his attention downwards at Eddy, the Salesman giggled and patted the twelve year old on the head. "What I've lost goes behind any monetary value. I keep it with me for no one else can be trusted to hold on to it for it harbors a great evil within it. Something far beyond your ability to comprehend I'm sure, child. So no while I cannot offer you a physical reward, wouldn't saving the world be enough?" He'd ask as Eddy steamed like a tea pot and slapped the hand away as he walked off back towards Ed and Double D. "Lousy no goodguy in purple pajamas. 'Oooh you can save the world!' yeah yeah.."

Watching as Eddy walked off without breaking his smile, he turned towards Yuki. "You seem like quite the morally upstanding fellow. Would you and your friend be willing to spare a brief moment of your time to hear my plea and the loss of what is mine?"

As the Happy Mask Salesman regaled the others with his words, back in the Lost Woods Skull Kid would have been waving until the last group member had entered within the hollow tree. Watching as things seemed to grow silent in the Lost Woods once more, two bright little lights could have been seen hovering out of the entrance and towards where Skull Kid was sitting. Glancing upwards, Skull Kid caught the jar was it was dropped down to him and placed it off to the side.

"You and Tael performed better than I had hoped, Tatl! Hee hee! I wasn't expecting those boys to have had such opposite reactions from each other. But I knew that if the short one's jar was compromised he'd go to the ends of the earth to retrieve it and his friends would notably tag along. Then the others would soon follow because nobody ever wishes to be the one to take the first plunge but if someone else does? Then you can bet they'll follow! Just like lambs to the slaughter, hee hee!"

Skull Kid said still keeping his cheery tone from earlier but something seemed far more malicious with his tone now. As the two fairies hovered around him, they both exchanged worried glances.

"Well, hey! You got them on the way to Clock Town. Isn't that good enough? You don't gotta hurt them any more do you?" The older sister of the two fairies asked to which Skull Kid sat there in silence for what must have felt like an eternity. But eventually he'd lift one hand and ran it along his face as his voice then became much more distorted and any sense of cheerfulness had left his tone entirely leaving a completely malicious atmosphere.

gamings-bleakest-should-remind-us-of-what-matters-in-our-real-lives-031-1424773934-crop_mobile_400.png

"̶̪̫̪̘̭͈T̤͇͖̩̖͇̘h̩͖̺̦͈̕ͅe̹͖y̳͙̪̦͡ͅ ͈̣c̗͍̪̭͕̹̪a̝n̴̲̠͎̗͚̪ b͎͕ẹ̗̹̼̜̣͢ͅl̨̟͇̫̫͔i̵̖͔͓͙̘ͅe͞v̮e͓̜̻̳̤̼ͅ ̀ẁ͇͇̻̭̭̼̮h̯͖͕a̗̳t̼̞ ͈̲͕̖̦̘̣͘t҉̰̬̝̦ͅh̖͙̹̤̗͡e̜̱̲ͅy̨̰̗̳͖̼ ̪w̟͘i̠s͔͈h̦̠̬̗̳ ̡̖̠a̧̱͎͍͍̩ͅǹ̗ḓ͕͍͕ͅ ̪̲̘͖g͉̜̖ó͔ ̗͈̩̼w̷̫͙̥̲͚̣̲h͖̬͔͈͇͙̪ȩ̩̩̬̪̮r̶̲̳̗͓̮͔̘ȩ͕̳͙̜ ͈̝̦t͝h̝̫̜̮͇e̹͙̫̹y͖̬̠ ̢̰̗͓̭̮͉̫p̠̖̪l̵̝̩͚̫͎̼̫é͕͔̤͙͈ás̵̙̗̪̳e̡͙̖͍.̵̼̥͖̮͙̪ ̲͎͇̮̕I̬̙͕t͍̞̝͍͉̲ ̪͈̟̖͇ͅa̟̠̲̩̞̬̭͝l̗̣̦̯̦͝l̞̠̩͚ ̤͚̘̮̼m̧̭̲͇̙á̙̠ͅk̶̮̯̲̺̫̘ͅe̸͓s̺̥̮̘ ̛͍͚̙̘n̤̗̲o̭̠ ͎̗̘d̪͘i̷̫̤̤̳̠ͅf̺̖͙ͅf̧̟͎e̶̠͔̯͉̬̥̬r̤̣̖̠e͈͓͎̖̥̰ͅn̼c͕͍̠̖̦e̞̼͓͙ ̣̹̦̣̙ͅt̨͖̳o̢͇ ͔ḿḙ̩̺̬̬͇̣.҉̝͉ ̵͕͔̣͇͍̩T̪͔̟̥̦̲ḫ̬̣̣̕é̜̩ ͎̯̩̞ḻ̞͉̺̲̱ͅa͍̠̝̺͚͖s̸̭͎͉̮̰̹t͔͍̥͖ ̨̜̩i̸̠̖͖͍̱͉͙m͚̱̪̖͍ḁ̵̖̜g̴̠̮̻e͓̗̠͔͎͕ ̢t̴͎͎͔̖h̴̼͓̘̻e͏̱͕̘̥̥̜y̰̦̘͓̬̮̱'͖͇͇̝͖͎̦v̵̘̺̮̙ͅé̜̹͙̹̱͙͈ ̲̩̝ͅẖ͖̤̠͎̣͙͠a̦d̸̥̪̥ ̛̳̹̞̪o͇̺̣̠f̴̦͔̬͎̞̣͖ ̘͔̜m̦͘e̱ ̸͙̜̤̠af̤͜ͅͅt̕e҉̭̘̪̤͚r̮ ̮̥͙̗͚̟̞͝a̱̙̩͉̻̭̟l͙̰̣̘̙l̵ ͓̥͎̭̱iş͈̗ ̶̱̗̫ţ̩̠h̭̞̤͞a̱͓̱͙t̨ ͔̱o̪̫f͔͝ ̦͖̫̠̺ͅa̩̘̪͚ ̱̜̗͔̺͕d̻̦͓̲̕a͟n̩̳̻̕c̸̹͖ì̫̫n̥̰͍g̻͓ ̗̳c͚͘h̰͖̭́ͅi͓̙̳̱̫͖͠l̴̹̜d-ļi̮͍̲̕k̷̻̺̟̜e̠͎͝ ̹̱̬̪̰͙c̷̭͖̱r̦̖͇͈̣e͡at͔́u̼̼̦̬̰re̜̝̟ ͙̭̼̩̞̘l̗̤i͚̱̗̼̼͈̥vi͏͈̩̪ṇ͉̬̫͎͔g͈̙͙͍͡ ̛̙͕̞̹̭i̬͚̼͇̗͟ͅn̮͉ ̗͕t͔͠h̲͢e̢̘̞ ̜̰̤w͙̹̭̬̟̣ͅo̹̲̯̱̩̲o̮̭͖d̸s͔͉.͚ ̹̪͖̗͖̣ͅÍ̤͙̥̙͎̠ͅ ̘͡b̙̣̣͎͈̖̰͜e̥͇̟͔̖͈͘li̟̮̻ȩv̷̤͔e̗̦͔͎̫͢ ͉͢I̟̳̮͎̳̫̙'͓̦͖̠m̀ ̙̖̦̱e͏̫̩n̢͕̪͓t͔͎͎̦͕̩̤̀i̟̯͟t̯̥͟ļ̪̖̟̜̣̻͉e̛d̴͕̱̣̦̝̣ ̙̬̠͇̩͘t̥̳̹o ̧̞͔l͟e̕a̬͙d͔̰͈̪i̴̙̫̺͉n̡̦̫̠̥̯̜ͅg͍͍͎͙͢ ̫̞ṯ̩͓̫̺̰͡ͅh̺̜̭̻e͓̬̦̰̥m̳̘̼̟̭̱ ͎̣̝̫̞͞ơ̝̰n͏̮͕ ̠̀j̥͔̪̝̩u̘̪̫̭̠̟̞͠s̡͉̟t̞͈̳ ̛a̘͓̲ t͢a̞̗̝͜dͅ.̩͕̻̪̱͡ ͏̰F̮͖̖̫͍͕o̩̱r̜͙ ̦͙́th̼̱e͖̮̜̖͡y̞̪̳̬͢'̵͇r̸͇͇e̳̩͚̘ ̙̲̠̹̹͠l̼i̘̠̜̬̦k̻̠̳e̤͖̬̯̭̹ͅ ̜͇̹͞ͅa͔̠̙̯̭͙̖l̳̣l̺͚̼͡ ̡͇̯͇̘t̵ẖ̳̤̬̟͞e̢̬̯ ̡̣̣̗͔͈ͅo̗͇t̜̮̝̰͝h̞͕̲͙̹͜e̗̥̦͓͓̣͖r̙̠s͇̘̼̟̹͎ ̫̖̞͇͇͇ţ̲̦ha̗ṯ̦̀ͅ ̜̯̞c͉a̲͕͓ͅm̛̠̤e͈͇ b͈͜e̵͉f҉͈͙̼̲̰o̱͇̮̖̗r̛̺̮̳̞͈̯e̸̩̲͖̯ ́T̢̬a̙̥͉̥t̀l͖̲ ̧̻̯͈͎̫͍a̹̜̖̰̞̺n҉d͉̞͕̪͉̀ ̝͔͍͓̕T̫ͅͅaę̯̭͉̲̝l͍̠͎̠̙͠.̟̝̯̟̹́ ̪͍̼ͅI͏̝͎͙ ͍̘̼̝̭̻͙w͜a̰͙̦̝͢n̘͍t͏e͎͈̰͍̘̮ͅd̛̻̣̩͔̝͚͇ ̳͍̘́n̶̮̬̹̖͖̞̞o̤̬̬̗̩̲t̜̯̖̺h̯͎͠i͞n̶̰̝̜̮g̸̪̼͚̻ͅ ͡m̯̟͓̲̥͍̩͢ọ̀ṟ̼͓̬͚e̱͈̰̘̬͜ͅ ̩̤̥̹̪̳͢t͢ḫ̷̺a̮̺͓̮͠n͝ ̠̬̝ͅt̠͖̘̺o̪͖̞̯͓̗ ̵̺̪͍̩s̳̝̕i͓̩̺̭̤̺͜m̹̮͎p̧͈̟̬̗̯͎͔l͚͔̜̼y̩̗̱̩͇ͅ ̸h̶a̲̠͘v̭ͅe̥͢ ̗̺̝̹͉̞͠s̡̮̹̠͎om̺e̵̫o͙͓̱͍ṇ̨̬̞͎͇ͅe̡̱̘̝̞̮̮ ͘to̶̳̖̫̯͓̟͚ ̲̩͓̣͈̥̹͘s̞͇͕p̜͖͓̣̫e̥̹n͓̱̙̹̯d̸̼ m҉̲̤y̖͓̹͎̙͓ͅ ̱͎͈͕͕͟t̗̺̝̥̱̞i̞͙̭͈̻̙me͙ ̣͚͙͞wị̱t̶̮̺͖̠̬̜h͇.̙͘ ̷̳B̴̰͇ͅut͎̥͓͎̬̜͟ ̠͓̖̯̰͡t̨̯̱̺͍̩̯̩h̖̲̩̯̬e҉͓̪͈y̫̰̼̜̯͉͜ ̛͈̬͚̝̦w͓̼̯̳̘e̶r̥͙̤̰̻͇͉e͘ ̲̦͙̯͔͈̬a̦̩͕͍͖͇l͓͖̙͟w͓̞a͘y̥̗̖̲s̸ ̮͎͕̮̥̣̲o̻͔̙͕̣͍ń̹̳̩̯̰̥̬ ̼̭͈̮̮͎̳t̴̟͕̠̬h̛͇̼̼̖e̛̠̟̘͉̪ ̭͇̥m̗͓̦̱̩̰͕͠o̩̬̯̱̮̦̣v̤e͇͎̖.̨ ̢͔̣̤̳̬Ṭ̯͝o͡o̳̫ͅ ̷̭̠̼͉b̴u̠̖̦s͏̯͕̺y̷̭̤ͅ f̵̼̫̖̯̫̮ͅo̢̹͕̳͖̠̲͇r͏͍̫ ̵h̺̟̪a͏̯̺̯͙̟̰v̯͚͔͟ͅi̲n̨g̴̲͍͉̥̟̬̠ ͘a̭̩̮͢n̰̲͍͠y̢̫ ̘̖̣̤͘f̶͇̱̤̣u͙͕n͈͙̞̭ ̷̲̲̣̩w͎̖͝i̼͇͠t̥͕͟h̷̘ ̵̥͍̗̹ḿ͕e̩̼̗̼̘!̛̘̦̰ B҉̮̦͈̤u̧͍̮t̼͠ ̺͎̩̳̰̰i̯̭̦̲̫̩t̙̭͖̞͔'ṣ͔͈ ̻̝͘w̴̦͙̺̯̫̪̺ḥy͉̱̙͖̫ ͖̝I̙̘͖͕ ̡̱̟̣̹̩h͖̱͇̯̲̬͞a̛̼͍v̟e̦̳̟̼͇͕ ̢͉M̴͔̮a̡̺̜͓̝j̰̳̫̟o̹̟r͎̪a̯ ͙̟͖͙̳͎n͎͍̥o̤͈̬̝̳͉w̴̙̦̥̩̗,̛͇̼͉̻̭̰ ͍͇̤̙̭̞̼I͈̠̖̺̟̹'̤̥̗̬̩̙͓͡l̤̥̼̙̜l̯̮͟ ͠n͓͙͉̙̰e̵͈v͔͕̺̞̗̫̣e̯̤̣̭̱̺̘͡r̟͇̼̯̘̹ ̴b͏e̘̰̟̘͝ ̠͕͟a҉̤̪̺̤l̸̰̯͔̘̦̣o̴n͜e̷͈̮ ̡̮̮͈̪͍e̩̬̹̞̬̘v̝̟̪͜ͅe̡͔̞̳̺̹͖̤ṟ̡̠ a̢̹ǵ̭̫ai̙̗̺n̙͙͉̘̜.͕̟̤̼̻̪̠"͠

Having used magic to hide away the mask, Skull Kid kicked his feet back and forth. All the while the mask's glowing eyes pierced the darkness of the Lost Woods. The Skull Kid while looking quite peculiar was easily approachable, granted you weren't a stinking grown up but with the mask on he just felt inhuman. The fairies had been friends with Skull Kid for some time. But they always hated seeing him like this. Even as they watched from the bushes waiting for the right time to nab Eddy's jar, they could tell that hiding behind his usually goofy but kind-hearted facade was the evil that Majora's Mask ebbed. Landing on Skull Kid's shoulder, Tael glanced at him and then back at the jar they had taken from Eddy.

"S-Sure those kids we took the jar from weren't very nice but what about the boy you talked with? He seemed to be nice and liked you! Do you wish to hurt him too, Skull Kid?"

Balling his hand up into a fist, Skull Kid swatted away the fairy from his shoulder. As Tatl quickly flow over to her younger brother's side, Skull Kid had risen to his feet and stared down at the hollowed out tree. As both fairies looked at him again, it was no longer the same Skull Kid that they knew and had fun with. But something far worse.

H͓͍̬̰̪͕̝͡e ̳̫wa̙̬̙̮͜s̯̞̰͎ ̟͓̣̼͉̲ͅo̵̲͚̰̮̬̘̮n̫̦̲̻̹͎̯e̦̠̗ ̢ò̗̪f̣͉͍ ̛͇͕̘̬͙̫̯t̟̜h̖̘̠͙͔̰̫e̠̖̼̰ ̧̦͔̤̲͕n̵̟͚̼̹̼̘ͅi̞̥͔͈͡c̳͈̪͟e̺̙̥̻̖r̼̠ ̞o̴̯͔͕n̴e̪͚̰͕͎̘̕s̳̣ ̥̠͍̭̟̳͞d̝̱̻̬ès̱̪̰̬̠p̼̹̺i͕̻te̶ ͈̥̣͕͠t̟͇̤͇͡h̬̭͈̜̜͓̺e͇ c͔̺̯̥̺͍ͅom͚̰͓̻̥̱̣p̛̺̞a͍͓̰̖ͅn̬̞y̟̱ ̨̱h͓̹̞̦̬̼͈͠e͏̳͚̙̹͙͔ ͓͖́k̦̬͕e͇̰̱̳̻̦̹͝p̢͍͖̜͕͕͎t̤̫̠̗͓.̦͈̺ ̨̠̗̗̲̳͓̭H̤̫͉̮̝̦͢e̳ ́ev̪̤e̡͔̫̙͚n̹͕̞ ̧̯s̲̮̰̠͉̲e̫e͘m͙̫͡e̢̳̗̲̻͔d̢ ͚̭̤̻̕t̶̪̙̼ͅo̼̳͢ ̼̥̺e̵̮̲͈̩͕̖n͖̠j̠͔̪̜o̸̬y͎̭̘͓͖̦ ̴̺my̥̰̥̟͝ ̘̠̙̠̻͡m͎̹u̧̟͕̮s̰̖̩̯̙i̟̻͔̼͎c̩͇!̺͍͖͔͚͝ ͎̘̟̳̠̳B̩̜͉̙̱̤u̮̟t̳ ̰̟͓a͈̫̤̻̭ͅs̠̼̭̦̮̻ ̱ͅy̤͘o͔ư ̸̝͎͍s̛̼̜͎̤̜͖͈a̰w͙̗̝͈͙͉,͇̩̺̗ͅ ͇͎̺̯h̴̹͎e̸̥̬͕̲̼̹ ͉͈͞h̛̰͍̤͙̠͓̼a͍͉̰d͔̟̼̤̣ ̱͔̳̜͖͇t̷̠͔͇̹̞o̸ ͔͈̣̹̕l̟͎͍̘̦̬̱e̝̭͚̭̝a̜̲v͚̫̫̣͟e͔̞͔͟ ͓ju͈̣s̹͍̤̞t̯̬͇̩̘͔͡ͅ ͈̼̪̩̱̻̼a̧s̲͇̯̙͙̙̘ ̙̜̳͓à̹̫̹̬ͅļḻ̰̭̯͓ ̰̳̣̯͚͔̟͟t͓͖h̙̗̪̭e̼͜ ̻̹͕̥̦ͅo͍͇̲̬͎̰͝ṭ̰̼͇͝h͔̜̭̻͝ẹ̰̯r̯̻̯s̵ ̹̝̹̦ͅh̛̯a̷̮͉̣̠̪̟d̪̝̀ ̨̹̘͔̭̜t̴̲͖̹̠o̡̖͉̤̟̤ ̠̰̦̘̳̖͟ḻ̛͇̣̥ͅḙ͇͍̳͍͚̹a̡̻͍̭͕v̶͙͖̠͖͙̼e̦͇͕̫͝.͖͍̝̟͓̙̕ ̷̝͔̱̖͖N̖ó͙ ̶̭o̳̟̬̻͔n̷e͓̻̘̳̖̤̻ ̠̖͡w̷̖h̛̭͚͈̠͈̮͖o̩̥͕̬̬͟ è̙v̞e̸̫̤̤̹̙͖ŕ̙ ̮̯̯̫̖c͖͘l̯̙áͅims̴̟̩͇̤̻ ̛̘̰̹ţ͙̠̲̱͈͓̞o͕ ̨̭̰͚͔b̸̯͉̼̗̘̦̠e̗͎̗ ͍̦͝m̫̹̙̼y̼͎͇̩̯̰̱ ͖ͅf͡r̙̙̭̠͔͢i͈̦͙̣̺͢e̷̱̦̫̝̼̣n̼̠d̝̯̖̘̼̰̬ ̡̘͇ͅs̳̤͝t̰̳͎a̳y̖̖̲̩̣ͅͅṣ̷̦̜̳̥ ̯͍̻̤͚f̦o̢̯̤̥͈̮re̫̞̺̠̝̹v̲̩͎̬̗̭͜è̫̣̮̺̤r͚̮͕͉̟̞.̶̲͕̳̱ ̮̟T̨h̛̲̝̝e̸̱̦̗̹͔̟̯y͕͕̦̖̱͍ à͓̲̮̟͈̻l̷̝̖̯w̩̘a̢̺y̮͈͙͚̲̬̲͜s̱ ͔̭̺̻̠͇͜l̕e̪a̛̭̼̖̻͙v̙è̬̣̖̟̰͍͉ ̶̜͉͓̗̦̺ḁ̦̮n̼̗̩̤̣d̬͍̜̼̘͍͢ͅ ͠w̤̳̲̬͉h͍̮̪a̠̙t̗̜ ̭͎͕͠a̷͍͇̯̩̟̪͉m̴̟̗̖̭͎̹̘ ͓̣̺̲I ̤̘͚̟̱̲s͔̮͈̯t̠̣̖͉́u̙̦c̶k҉͉̠̙̹̗͎ ̘w̟̮̟̪̦i̧t̜̜̻ͅh͕͉͉̩?̪̳͉͍̙ ̭̝No̬̣̜̖̖͇̼t̬̤͔̻̭̲̼̕hin҉̝̭̞g͙͉̜̺̭̮̹!͉̲͔͈ ̰͕̰̩̙̜̖I̠̫̻̖̻͔t̩̝̤̣̮͢'̸s͝ ̜͙n̩̳͇e̮̩̱̤̮v̱͖͕e̪̭̫̼̤͜ͅͅṛ͈̱̟͕ ̯̝͍̦̖͎͝b͇è̟̗͖ẹ̢n̪̦̬ ̘̞̰a ̬̻f̢̰a͇ì̜̥̗͎͔r͎̙̦̦̪̰ ̜̳̙̼̰͟ͅc͚̣͝ý̖̼c̮̣l̮̜̜͖͢e͚͈͕̝̩͖ ̸͎̬a̦͕̻̖͍̺n͠d҉̭̫̣̻̖͖̭ ̬̹I̫̖̖͍̮͙'̖̣̼͇l͕̣l̠̬̳̖ ̣̪̖͈͓̺̰s̢e̮̬͔e̢̲̺̩͙ ̜́tͅo͖̩̞̫̫̩ ͈i͓t̨̯͍̫͚͚͉̺ ̦̭t̘̳͕̝̱͍̘͡h̭̪̤a͎͎͉̭̱̮t ̰͕̰̰͚͇̬t͔̖̼̦̼h͡e̷̦̹̼͍̹y͇̖̥̘̖̠͔'̞̳̗̰̺ͅŕ͇e̱̟͎͘ ̞͔͇̮̻̕a̴̖͍̟͈̖͔̘l̯͕ͅl̩̻ ̝͖̬̪̕ͅpun͝i͏͎͖͚s͚̘͉͖h̨̭̤̲̤e̩͓̣d̘ ̵̞͚̥ḛ̴͙̰q̶u̜̬͜ąl̲̬̭̟l̹̯̼ỵ͖ ̝̘̤̳̫̪̯a̰͎̲͟n̘̟̭̙̲d͉̳̗͎̫ ̤͚̗͙̲̯̤w͢i̠̻̥̥̕th̡̭͓̣̝ͅo͔̲̞͓̱̲u̪̠t̮̥ ̦͎͍̗̟h̪̝̟e̝͔̜̣̰͖s͢i̜̣͙͖̠t̢̹̟̬͙͙a͝t̲̞̖͎̠͉i̴̤͔̦̲̩͉o̵̮͓̮̗̳ͅn̗̪̝̮ͅ.̵ C̯̫̩̖̫̳͝o̹̝m̟̼͚̘̟e҉͉̱̼ͅͅ ̜͖̺̗̮̝̮͜o̶̭̲̘̹͉͚n̷̟̳̤̱͍̬͙,̮̥̘̫̬̲̭ ͚̣̪̙̼w̥ḙ̹̝̹̩'r͇̤̯͖̘̫̘͘e͇͜ ̷͉͓̳l̹͍͇̮e͙̤̦a̱̞͞ͅv̷̥̰i̪͓̗̬̥̰ͅn͎̘̠̻͔̟ģ͎̥̟͖͖͙ͅ.̜̹̹ͅ"̫̖̯̘̖͜ ̺̟

With that Skull Kid and the two fairies vanished from sight. Where had they gone? Who knew and what did they have in store for our band of unlikely heroes?​

After that wild goose chase once the group found the Happy Mask Salesman and heard his words Hanji perked up, she was alert and seemed to try to hang on to every word the Salesman said while Levi observed their surroundings momentarily. This place was just weird for him. But there wasn't any Titans, walls, or Military Police around so at least there's that. But what was going on back home? A certain tall brat had an upcoming trial after all.

Levi's gaze returned to the Happy Mask Salesman as he crossed his arms over his chest, wanting to know what was stolen from him and what the culprit could have looked like. If it'll get him and Hanji closer to going home he'd try to find it.​

"Maybe that means I won't have to sleep again for a long time?" Ven wondered, chuckling after relaxing this was likely a silly theory. "Nah, it probably doesn't work that way, huh?" Sleeping for a long time didn't mean he'd never need to sleep again. Ven just didn't like the idea of sleeping anymore when he had already been asleep for so long.

"Oh, don't worry. I'm an open book. Yeah, my best friends are Aqua and Terra. A couple years back, I met them after my old master took me to live with their master. They took good care of me, almost like I was their..." Ven wrinkled his nose "...like I was their younger brother. But we became best friends. I'd do anything for them," he said with a smile. "What about you? Do you have any friends or family?" While thinking about his own friends, Ven's free hand wandered to his pocket. He pulled out a green, star-shaped friendship charm that each one of this three friends had. Ven had saw them shortly before falling asleep, but it still felt like a long time since he had seen them. He continued standing there, waiting to speak with the old man.

giphy.gif

He could only stare at the antics of the Eds and Kratos assuming a pseudo parent role for them, giving them a stern but brief lecture. "What is it about this place that brings all sort of weird and crazy people? Can we just not have normal people, is that it? Like Skull Kid, he only played music and kept to himself back there..." He shook his head with a sigh. "I guess that's my lot in life as long as I'm with Yuno. Where one crazy is, more come behind and follow." So be it. He scanned his diary once more. The only thing of significance reported was that a strange yellow happy mask salesman was soon to approach him.

"??? What on earth does that mean? A clown? Here??" He frowned again. Ugh. I hate clowns.

And after a few moments, there he spoke, acknowledging their arrival. And to Yuki's surprise, it wasn't a clown. He sold masks, obviously, given his name and what he wore on his back...but he was no clown at all. Just a yellow skinned, pointy eared, music playing and excitable guy. Even if one or two of the masks he saw on his person creeped him out, it was still no clown.

Crisis averted.

The Clock Tower of Clock Town. He and Yuno both had diaries able to see into the short term future, with twists. Plus, it was only a matter of time before this apparently stolen...mask...dictated the fate of this world. There was a time pun to be made somewhere with all that but he just couldn't think of it. And then he was addressed personally.

"...Me? Save the world? B-but I'm not a superhero. I mean I read about them sometimes. Superman, Batman...but they are larger than life, I'm just a kid. I don't have power." He confided. "But I suppose I can at least try to help you reclaim your lost mask."

For her part, she had agreed to temporarily tone it down in regards to her love. He had asked her himself, as a request from boyfriend to girlfriend. That made her feel warm inside and she had agreed with a twinkling smile. But still, all these people that just kept gravitating to Yuki made her warm in a different way. It made her very own blood boil, simmering in rage barely kept under the surface, hidden only skin deep. They kept pushing her, taunting her.

"We shouldn't trust this guy, Yuki. He seems off, just as that kid back there did. If you had let me--"

"Kill a young child? He wasn't like Reisuke. He wasn't at all threatening us. And we should at least hear this guy out. If we don't like it...we can ignore it. But I'm not going to ignore it without giving a chance. Please, Yuno."

"As you wish, Yuki." She replied with a grin. Before she turned and the smile vanished in an instant as she approached the Happy Mask Salesman.

tumblr_nq8038XBwF1ta0o05o7_250.gif

"Say what you need to say, then."

With his hands pocketed, Accelerator decided to approach the group and talk of them, clearing his throat. Even though they were dressed rather oddly, like they are about to go LARPing or whatever the kids did these days, they were his best bet at figuring out just what the hell was Accelerator doing in a place like this, wherever "this place" was even supposed to be.

"Oi, excuse me," He interrupted, "Do you of you people know what this place is supposed to be?"

The group was startled. One of the members drew a sword. When they determined you weren't a threat, they began speaking.

"They call this place Ordon Village. It was once a peaceful town, but then the Hero disappeared." The Older man said. "Darkness took over, and we are against it. We call ourselves the Resistance."

The Girl spoke. "My name is Ashei. This is Rusl, Shad, and Rauru." She said softly. "We came to this village to see if there was anyone left."

Rusl spoke. "This place is my home town. I know my way around. Just ask me if you need any help."

Rauru grunted. "Any more questions?"

You can Continue asking them questions, or explore the town.​

Kaori suddenly gave a somewhat distant look, averting her gaze from Ven once again. The topic of friendship and family had always been a sensitive one for her for a number of reasons. Though it had all been cleared up for the most part by Touma Kamijou, there were still many things she wished she had done. People she wished to have been able to save. But as long as that girl is happy and content, even if she didn't remember Kaori or Stiyl, then Kanzaki would be able to convince herself that she would also be content with that.

Still, she decided to answer regardless. This boy was nice and open enough, so why not?

"I... used to," Kanzaki answered somewhat hesitantly, before taking out a picture from her pocket. The young woman looked at the picture with an almost longing expression, as though she dearly missed whatever was in it.

And who wouldn't?

404e74a6cb79e841f0f1945f45b2267e.png

"That tall young man over there? His name is Stiyl. Stiyl Magnus. Believe it or not, he's actually quite young. Only 14 years old, yet he smokes and acts as serious as I can be sometimes. Both of us still work together on occasion, but... the distance is there," Kanzaki spoke in a somewhat somber tone, "I won't divulge into the deeper details, but... that girl with the ball. Her name is Index. She was the light to both of us, which pained us all the more whenever we were reminded of the massive burden she had. The burden of possessing the knowledge of 103,000 magical grimoires in her brain, consisting of countless spells and so on. Our pain could likely never compare to hers. Even if her memory of us and other things deemed "useless" had to be wiped once a year to ensure she does not overload and die. Even if we had no choice but to rebuild a friendship with her every year, we put on fake smiles and tried our best to persevere."

"... Or so, we were tricked into believing as such," She continued, "Eventually, she decided to run away after we became disillusioned with everything and let her believe we were the enemy after holding her for a while, before she would come across a certain boy who initially had nothing to do with all this. That boy... saved her. He had found out the truth that we could never have figured out, freed her of my former organization's hold over her and... to make a long story shorter, even though Index still does not remember me, I am content with it as long as she is happy and safe with that boy," Kanzaki said, finally finishing her story, before looking at Ventus.

"That boy in question is the one who you remind me of. Spiky hair, young... I haven't seen you in action, though I can assume you to be somewhat brash and reckless... And you're awfully nosy too," She said, putting a hand on her hip as her tone almost changed to a slightly more light-hearted one. A normal person could assume she was teasing with the last part, but who could really tell?​

Those are some weird looking humans in the group, but Fizz saw alot during his time in the League of Legends, so hey, he wanted to talk to them. However he wanted to check the treehouse.

From the moment Kanzaki stated that she used to have friends, Ventus felt a frown form on his face. So she didn't have friends any more? Before he could open his mouth and question her on this fact, she explained her situation to him, talking about her situation with Stiyl and Index. He quieted, a calm, gentle expression covering his face until she had finished. His blue eyes scanned over the photo she was holding, feeling the grip on his good luck charm tighten slightly.

"Wow, Kanzaki, you're a good person." He smiled. "To sacrifice her memories of you once a year? Now that's admirable. I bet you were a really good friend to her." Ven glanced down, observing his good luck charm again as he continued to speak.

th_400.png

"But, hey, if she can be happy I think she would want you to be happy to. You should have friends, and continue to be happy. If you don't have any now, well, I'll be your friend if you want!" he chirped, offering a hand to her. Ven loved making new friends. In fact, when he ran away from home making friends was his only goal in life.

He nodded, at her explanation of the boy she knew, wrinkling his nose afterwards. "R-Reckless? Nosey? I'm not reckless and nosey... all the time..." He frowned. "But my friends actually might agree with you on that. I can't help it if I like to have fun," he mumbled, scrubbing one of his boots against the ground.​

Inside the treehouse, Fizz finds the same boy who healed Ashitaka's arm earlier leaning over something. His Laser Rifle was slung over his shoulder.

200_s.gif

He didn't seem to notice you entering. There seems to be an upstairs loft. As well as a basement of sorts.

You can Talk to Kaneda
Go Downstairs
or Go Upstairs

The Happy Mask Salesman was more than content to watch as Yuki and Yuno talked among themselves. When it seemed they had finally come to a decision, he'd stroke his chin and let out a hearty laugh.

"Age is but a number, young one! It cannot dictate what you're capable of and what you can achieve. Anybody change the world no matter how old they may be. But I'm eternally grateful that you've decided to take me up on my story! Now then where to begin, where to begin. Ah yes! I suppose I should start off with the story that'll explain how I got to this lovely town in the first place. I was hailing from a distant land to try and find a better atmosphere to sell my masks in as business had gotten slow back in my homeland. But what came next was unexpected entirely.."

As the salesman happily strolled through the acres of the Lost Woods, nothing seemed to damper his positive demeanor whatsoever. Not the sounds of the fireflies bustling through the air, the leaves blowing in the wind or the sound of twigs being crunched his feet as he walked. For he was a man on a mission and a good one at that! What would he have to be unhappy about? So his business hadn't been doing too well back home. That was fine of course. It was just one of life's many obstacles and just as you had to move past obstacles to get further along, the salesman would do the same here.

But in his travel he noticed two fairies hovering near his person. Deciding that a little company wouldn't be bothersome considering the long walk he had ahead of him and not taking into account all the rest he'd need every now and then. "Greetings, little ones! You like what you see?"

The purple fairy seem far more interested in the masks upon the salesman's backpack than his yellow counterpart. "Yes! You've quite the talent! These masks are so cool! I just wish they had them in our size. Don't you think so too, sis?" The yellow fairy seemed far less enthusiastic in the masks but she decided to humor her brother. "Yeah Tael, they're just the greatest things in all of the lands. Getting fairy-sized masks will do wonders in helping us find our friend! Smooth move there, genius."

Amused by the fairy's antics, the salesman decided he could stop walking for a bit. Meandering over to a nearby tree he'd sit down and folded his hands neatly over his lap. "Now now, there is no need for such hostility in such a peaceful place! I'm more than flattered that you think so highly of my masks. They're my greatest achievements in life and I'll keep on continuing to make more to gift those who share the same feelings of happiness that I do! Come, come! Let us sit and talk!" He'd say eagerly wanting to see what else was on the mind of these two.

"O-Oh sorry Tatl, I guess I did get a bit distracted. Mister, did you see a boy walking around here by himself? He has really ragged clothing, a wide brimmed hat, dull brown lips, and glowing orange eyes. He's our friend and he's gone missing. My sister and I have been looking all over for him. But it feels like we'll never find him.." The younger fairy bemoaned until his sister bumped into him. "Ow! Sis, what was that for?!"

"Yeah, I'm sure Skull Kid would be real happy to know that you wanted to give up in looking for him! He may have gotten lost but we are going to find him and we'll be friends just like we were before!"

*clap-clap*

"..Huh? What did I do?"

"Bravo, marvelous, stupendous even! In all of my years I've never seen someone so loyal to their friends! Most will often buy one of my masks because it reminded them of someone they had once met on their travels or a loved one/friend they had lost. It warms my heart to know that this sense of loyalty is not lost on other races, even fairies! I'm confident you'll find your friend!"

"..Uh, thanks I guess. Why are you so happy though? I dunno about you but this hasn't exactly been the nicest place to live. You'll always see people fighting every now and then, not to mention the grown-ups who do stupid grown-up things." Tatl growled because adults always got in their way when her, Tael, and Skull Kid tried to do fun things. Her question however did seem to resonate well with the salesman as he leaned back against the trunk of the tree and pondered it for quite some time before deciding to finally respond.

"Honestly? It's because I've sounded all of it out. All the fighting you speak of, even if there are wars in distant lands, I'll always be there with a smile on my face and you wish to know why? Because if I do not smile than who would wish to buy masks from a man who can not seem to find the meaning in being happy or positive at all? It could make them feel sad as well and that's never been my intent. My masks have always been to make people feel good and maybe spur some nostalgic memories depending on the mask they've selected. So while there may be some vestiges of depression lurking within me, I'll never let it rise to the surface. As much as I can anyhow. I hope that answers your question." He'd say before looking over as he felt some shifting on his backpack. "Ah, found a mask you're interested in? If you'd like I have a story for nearly every mask-What are you doing with that one?!"

Tael dropped the mask to the ground and quickly fluttered back as the Happy Mask Salesman reached out to grab it. "I just wanted to take a closer look. What's wrong with this one?"

images

Clutching the mask close to him, the Salesman shook his head from side. The smile on his face seem somewhat strained now for whatever reason.

"It is called Majora's Mask. It is an accursed item from legend that is said to have been used by an ancient tribe in its hexing rituals. It is said that an evil and wicked power is bestowed upon the one who wears that mask. According to legend... the troubles caused by Majora's Mask were so great... the ancient ones, fearing such catastrophe, sealed the mask in shadow forever, preventing its misuse. This one will never be for sale and I'm afraid I must ask that you refrain from touching it again!"

Tael flew over to her distressed brother and fluttered her wings angrily. "Oh come off it! You expect me to believe that a mask nearly ended the world? Sounds like a bunch of nonsense!"

"Believe me or don't, it makes no real difference in the end. I've said all I needed to say about this mask. Now I'll be getting on my way. I do hope you succeed in finding your friend despite us leaving on less than pleasant terms." He'd say as he tucked Majora's Mask under his arm and started off only to hear footsteps behind him. It couldn't have been the fairies but then who was it? "..Hello-"

*THWACK!*

He didn't even see the branch coming as it smashed into the side of his face. Stumbling for a bit and disoriented, the salesman was unable to defend himself as he looked down at his assailant. The ragged clothes, the hat, and the thing that he'd never forget. The glowing orange eyes that pierced his very soul. "W-What are you doing?! Is this a robbery?!"

"Nope! Just us taking what interests us, Mister! Cough up that mask you got there!" Skull Kid ordered as he pointed the branch towards Majora's Mask which was still clutched tightly under the salesman's arm. As his eyes followed to where the branch was pointing, the salesman rapidly shook his head from side to side. "N-No! Never! You're but a child so you cannot grasp the true power that this mask wields. If you were to take it, it'd be wearing you instead of the other way round! Please let me on my way and I'll pretend this never happened.."

This was decidedly not the answer that Skull Kid was looking for. Raising the branch over his head, he began to whack the salesman repeatedly until the salesman lost consciousness and the mask finally slipped from his grasp. Tossing the branch away once it's purpose had been fulfilled, Skull Kid giggled as he picked up the mask and rushed off. "C'mon Tatl, Tael! We gotta get out of here before he wakes up!"

The fairies quickly flew after Skull Kid as they vanished into the foliage. Once the salesman began to stir, he'd sit up and winced as he placed a hand to his forehead. Skull Kid's assault with the branch would leave quite the nasty bruise. But more importantly he had to make sure his inventory was secure. Unstrapping his backpack and laying it on the ground across from him, he noticed that only one mask seemed to be missing.

That one mask. The precious one.

1221591285266.gif

"Oh nononononono! NOT THAT MASK! NOT! THAT! MASK! I MUST GET IT BACK! IT WON'T BE GOOD IF I DON'T GET IT BACK!!"

The salesman's voice was loud enough to be heard vaguely all across the Lost Woods. Even where Skull Kid was sitting on top of his usual tree stump with Majora's Mask in hand. He had hoped that the Salesman wasn't too hurt. All Skull Kid had wanted was the mask and that was it! It was just harmless fun when you got right down to it. Not to mention that maybe what the salesman had said about the mask was just supposed to scare people off from wanting to get it! But he did seem really upset at losing it.

"Why don't you go put it on, Skull Kid? Show us that guy was just telling tall tales!" Tatl prodded while Tael was more wary of messing with the mask now that they had it. "A-Actually maybe we should go and return it to him and apologize. Because what if he wasn't lying?"

"Be quiet! The both of you! I-I'm sorry, I didn't mean to snap but I'm going back. That man was a grownup and you know our attitude towards them. He'd only punish us if we tried to give it back. Even if we threw in an apology as well. So I'm going to put this on and dispel all of the things he said!" Skull Kid exclaimed before staring down at the mask. Although Tatl and Tael wouldn't be able to hear it, the sound of ominous music began to fill Skull Kid's ears as if it was coming from within his own head.

"̌̈́P̛̭̬̹ͣ̾͆U̷͔͇͓̓ͥͭͬ̐T̘̱͇̱̭ͯ̌͒ͭ͐̇̃͢ ̠͎̟͓̮ͧM̸͕̰̱̹͍È̺ͨͪͦ͒͗̉͘ ̹̲̭̥Ö̢͚͚̀͊ͨN̮͖̙͕̭̟͍̈̏̓̌!͚͔̭̟͖̾̈̆"̬̪̯̠"

What. Had the mask actually just talked to him?! Why couldn't Tatl and Tael hear this as well?

"....Why?"

"̸̞͍͔ͅY̛̟̠͓̭̻̣͓o͔ṳ̥̭̀ ̙̭͉̕t̨̠h҉͙͉i̯̬̞̞̤ͅn͍k͇̼͖̗͍̯ ͕I̪̪̱͈̻̺̱ ͍͓̹ͅd̬o̖͇̼̪̩̠̦n̦̩̰̻͎̲͉'t ̢̺͇͎ͅk̙͙̙̭̮̹n͚̙̩̯o͖w҉̼̫̻̬ ̀a̡͖̝̳ͅb̗͖͔̼͇͡ͅo̞̭̤̻͚̤͞ṷ͇͈t̻̙̝̮ ͠y̧̬o̹͓̭u̴͍̣?̛͇ ͙̟̝̦I̧͖͓͙̮̬ ̣͎͍̬̺k̦͓̲͝ń̖͇ow̷̪̟͖̜͇ ̘͙̪̪̪̠t̢͉̩͚͇̬̥̬h̫̘͖̮͖̦͖e̱̗ f̟͖̕o͕̮̯͎̤̦̘͡ư͈̘r͓͔̼̪̹ͅ ̛͉̬̘̦̹͎͉f̙̲ri̝̟̹̙̩͙͇͞e̪n̴̞͇͈̦̙͚d̻̠̲͓̮͈s̗͇̰͚͎̲ͅ ̢͈͖͓̹̯͈t̝̹̭̻̬̰͕hạ̬̣͈t̩͖̮͜ ̹͙̲̩le̕ͅf̼̺̥̜t̴͉ ͙͖̤̮y͏͕̜̟̗o͈̪̬͖͙͚̗u̻͜ ̪͖͔͕̪a̡̟͍̮̳̗̹ļ͎̫̭͙ͅl̖̫͙͍̣̣ ͚̬a̫l̦̠͖̦o̢͖̣̥̫̲̞ͅn̳̤͞e͚̩̤͚̘.̘̬̟̲͇͚ ͓L̜͇̬̦̼̕ͅea̹̯͢v̗̘̼͇i̳n͓̭͙̼̞g̙̳ ̲̜̞̦̩ͅy̳̟͖o̠u̕ ̝͢w̩̖̩̮̖i͍̻̮̕t̙̞̱̗͝ͅh̜͔̻͔ ̝͇j̰͕͓̯̳ù̙s͚t͕̬̤͠ ̡̹̭̺̮t͎he ̴̲̟͎ͅf͉͎̟̲̯̤̥a͓̣̱̯͚ir̺ị͎͎̺̬͠ͅe̳̟ͅs̢͓̩͕͇̮ͅ.̶̟̻ ̷̹B̬̜͔͕͉u̳̥̻̳̜ͅt̙̩̗̘͓ͅ ̸̟w͖̦̼̘̥͈̞h͇̹͔̦̞͓o̗͉̼͍͚'̩̦͇̖̘s̬͇̺͍ t̶͇o̫ ̷̞̰̝̰̘̤ͅsa̭y ͉̳͓̯͕̫th̭̳̘͉̟̥͘ͅa̳̪̗t͏̜̺̪̘̳̥͈ ͏̺͎̙͚̭ͅt҉͈̫̱̜h͏̳̠̬͕͇e̛y͚̼̗̖̯ ̧̝̺̭̥w͏̟̙̱ơ͎͉̠͓̯̦ṇ͓'̣͓̩tͅ ̞̘̝͔̳̪̖le̹̫̤a̠̥͍̜v͓̝͡e̠̬͚͘ ̣͓y̩̟̫̰̮͔o͢u̵ ̱͖̮̟̗͎a̛̳͈͎͇͖̙s̫̦͔͠ ̲̯̤̭̲w͏̠͖̫e̪̖̻l̜l̦͓̳?͖ ̦̳̖́Y̱̯̩̬̥̟̟o͟ú̝̹̼̺̩͕̣ ̢̪c̼͉̩͖̰ͅa̖͓̭͈̝̻ņ̮̼̬̱ ͇̮̟̫͈̙t̝̣͕͇̳̬r̡̤̣̱us̙̭t͟ ̞m̢͓͙̘̙̟̜ḛ͖̝̰.̢̬ I'̪͉̳l̯̝͇ḽ̡̭͈̳͓̯ ͏͇̗ͅn̠̲̞͇̰ȩ̯̹̪͎͕v͏͓̼̼ͅe̳̰͈r̟̯̦͇ ̱̖̹͟l̳̲͎̥̘̗ͅęa̸̯̙̭v̵͙͉͈͔e̺̺̗ ̢͍̬̱̭̞y̬̘̥̹̪o͍͍̲͈̲u̡͉̩̺̰̳.͘"͈͎ͅ

This mask somehow seemed to know about the four giants of Termina. They had been the only real friends that Skull Kid had besides Tael and Tatl. But it was also correct in the fact that although they had spent many years playing together the Giants up and left and nothing Skull Kid said could have swayed them otherwise. But how did it know all this when Skull Kid had just gotten his hands on it?

"Tell me how you know all this!! Or I'll-I'll throw you in a fire!"

"̞͚H̸̲͚̬̖͇̻͚A̛̲̫̖̮͇͉̖H̴͔̮A̸̳̻̖̬H̶͓A͙̭͙HA̖H͙̙̦̫A̩̝͚̝̗̠!͚̣̠ ̙̭̟͞D͎̺o̬̫͕̖̥̖͞ṋ̶̰͉̺̗̠'͔͎t̴̤͔ ̣͖̙s̳a̙̯̳̤͟y҉͈ ̘̺̫s̳͘u̡̖̙̻̥̰̠̼c̪͖͓̖͢ḩ ҉̲̙̳͎̹͉̱t̯̣͈͚͞ͅhi͉͚̼̥̼͕n̹͉͇̼̮ͅg̖͖̹s̭̞̻̬̫ ̥͖̥̤̘̪ͅi̭̤̙f̧͍͍̱̯̘ ̺̼͚ ͓y̫̻̲̗̝̹͟o͇̙u̪̜͍ ͙͓͇͟d̤̣̬͕͍̘́o͏̫ǹ͕̗̖̻̫̠̺'̩͔̰t̗̼̝͚͟ ͇̟̭͕̖̲m̲͇͠ea̖ͅn̻̥̬̼̗͝ ̧͕͕͔͎ț̼h͖̗̱e̯̝͇̹͎͠m̛̱̹!̨͙͉ ͚̘͔͇̻͟F̠͕͓̟̤̗͚or̖̱̤̯̦͚ ̛̱̞͚̗͖I̺̳̥̜̹̥̬ ̻̗̣̬̫̀ͅk͚̳̮n͞o͇̥͕͍w ̭͍̩͓̜̲t̪͓͖͎̀h̴͉̮̩͖̖̼͉a̡̠͙͖̰͈̜t͇̲ y͟o͍̦̱͟u̥̤̳̣̬̲ ̲̤̝w҉o̫̞̙̲̠̦̕n̠͙͉̝̬'̜t͕̗͕ ̖̲͠d̷is̹̬̝̮̞̺p̗̀o̯̖s͏̯̠͓͍̝ͅe̙̹̦͍̟̩̟ ̦̱̝̻̲̬͓of̨̱͕̻̱̲̝͙ ̩̖̬̪m̯e̴̠.̰̞̻͖̗̗͠ ͔̝̲̹̰̘B̙͔̳͇̟ḙca̮̫̭͍̩̣͜u̙̪̙s̳̞͈͕͓e̫͇̘̹̻͜ ̺̗̬̜͖y̙̭͚o̺͇̮̕ͅu̧̳̫̤'̖͙̪̰̳̖̥ll̻̤̲̻̗̝̘ ̢f͏̩͕̦̯̙͈a̻̹̺̪̪̰i̶ļ̜̻͔̘̤͕͓ ̧͇̬ț̺̗̰͔͢o̯̫̘ ̧̣̟̦͓̰̺f͏ͅì̮n̛̩̝̻̦d͓̘̝͉̫͇ ̦͈it͔̗̝͇ ̡̘̠͔̪̘i͚̤̣̖͎̗ṋ͈̣͙͟ ͚̝͓y͖͔̗͉̞͕ò͓̮̤̤͙̙͙u̘͈͖̳̘̣͔r̵̙̲͖͚̬̙ ̣̳̝͉͖͞h̵͎̞̰͚̝̘e̢a̢̖̝̦r͈̘͎ͅt̞͙̘̼͟ ̛̪͚̙̫͕t̜̦̤o͙̗̱͍͚ͅ ̤̰g͙e̱̫̩̜͠t̶̥͚̤̣̭̥ r̰͚̻͈ͅi̹̪͉̭̭̬d̡̻̲͈̺̗͈̪ ͓̣̻ơ͎̪̩̭͉f̛̭͎̤̹̯̹ ̖̖̮̝̯͍t̖͚̭͢h̨̹͎̟̻̜̘̜e̥͇̼ ̜̘o̹̜̬̝n͉͕͟e̥̩̺ ̙̯ͅͅb̷̩̠̣e̡̖̯̻i̝̜̟̦̪̗̞n̯̳̳̹͝g̯̰͖̲͕ ̖̺͠w͕̻̱͔h̞̖̠̝͍̠o ͙̲̕se̠̪̥̬͙̦e͉̥̟͔̫̫m̷͉̯̗̗͍̠s͖̖̞̀ ̣̥̖̥͝t͙̝̫͠o͇̟̮͓̻̭̕ ̸̤̝̩̬̮̼u͔n̫̖͔͚̭d̗̺͍e̮̯͢r͙̹s̶̮̤͉͚ț̶̜̟̘̳̘̦a͚n̻d̸̤̳̥̭̺ ̷̠͎y̯͚͖̖o̗̣͇ṷ̫͍̯r͔͇̫̠̭ ̡̼̳̦͓̗p̨̼̠̪̪̖͕l̡̥i̫͇̹͚̜̳̣g̠̯̘͕h̗̗ͅt̴̯̜ ̧̜̗b̜̳̭̭̯̬̜et͙̳t͕̩̼̰̣e̴r̸ ̴͎͓̰͎̭t̰̱̘̹h͚a̡̩̙̤͕̺͎n̳̭̝̪̦͕ͅ ͓͓̜a̠̪ͅn͕̪̫͈y̙o̢̬͙̖͎̱͇͔n͏̫e̠̱͕̩ ͚e͔͓̮̼̮ͅl̝̻̤͓͙̻s̸e͓̘̞.̸ ̱͇̠͞I ͖̮̖͈̠̹͍k͔n̟͔̯͉̟ͅo̧w̧͉̮̭̭̹̺͙ ̖̫͈̖͝y͍̲̹o̥͔̠͇͡u͕̻'͍̱͇̻̜̖̱͜r̬̯̰̗e̴̙͇ ̥̦a̮̣̥͡f͔̪̪͇̗͇r̵̟̯̣̱̰ḁ̛͚i̦̩̭̩̮͔͟d̸͈̤̘̭̜ o̪͖̪͚͍͉ͅf̠͎̻ ҉̹͙̣̱̹b̘ei͚̤͈̠n̯̯̯͎͢g̤̜͉̰̬̭̝͢ ͈̳͔̫̟̤͝l͇̞̬͎͞e̤͍̘̼f̧̻̩̰̗ṯ̥̮͓̩ ̕a̺̖̪l͏̩̙̞͔̣o̫͉ǹ̬͇e̝̘̻̲͇ ͎w͎͙̳̯̮i̧̳̣̝̣̞̥̭t̮h̡̤͈̹ ̦̣̥͉n̼̳̮̳̥͠ǫ̟̪̹̯̲͎̤ ̫͓̪̞̰̠̥on̻͉̣͕̣̫ͅe̘͉͙ ̵͕͙̩̱̭t͉̣͙̞̲ͅo̸̭͚͇ ̭̺̺̜̱̩̀p̗̟l̩̗̜̠̠̲̪a̯̰̦̳̱͙̬͢y̦ ̤̰̳̫̞ͅw̞̩̮͉̟̼͚i͖̪̝̻̪t̙͇͜h̪̪̳ ̜̭̬i͍͇̫̖̫n̢͉̳̞̪ ̘̝͎̖̻͈t̬̮h̥̯̠e҉͈͍ͅs̟̜̯̻̲̹̬e̬̜̰̫͖̲ ̙͎͕͓̯̘w̲o͘o͕̰̝d̨s̻̯̳͉͚̮.̰̫̥̠̠ ͙̞͙̤W̖̮͍̕h͏͓̞͇͕e͚͉͔r̠̪̫̖e̢ ̟̼̭i̹͞t̡'̻̬͖s̺͍̘̝͕ ̪͉͠a̠l̴̯͉̠̮l͖ ̧͙̙̭y̝̜̥̦̗̱o̖u͈͈̥̫̣͇͓͜ ̛͖̼̬c̢̹͖̫̭ͅạ̢͈̹͓n̸ ͖͖̗̹͞d҉̮̰̦͓̪̫ͅo̙ ̥͚̲̤̖̺͕t̛̠͓̥̮̭o̜͚͍̺̜ p̣̣͎͝a̵̻̬͓ͅs̲̞̫̯̣ͅs̢͉̰̟̗ ̺̬̠͚̰t̶̙͓̦͖͎he͇͢ t̷̳̮͉̜i͞me̜̦͙ ̮͔̳ ̫̣͎̰̀p̪͜l͕̱ͅa̫̤y͖̗͜i̳̥̺͕͓̜ǹ͈̼̭̩̹g̸̞̥̜͖͖ y̱̦̣̬͙͇o̬̰̖͔͞u͏̮̩͉̯̻r͈̥̦̦̦͉ ̤̘̪͙̝̤̕f̲͇̱̝̣l̲ú̱̻̙̖̝͙t̪̯̳̤͖e̸̥̦̝͇͙̬̬ ̰a̫̱̫̦̼͇n͇͘d͖͉̜͉̬͎̦ ͔͘b͎̼̰̪̖̘è͓̤̙ḭ̦̞̭͓̬n̸g ̱̫͍̙ͅa̵̙n̲̰̝͕̘̣͜ a͓l҉̲ḻ͎͢ ̰͍͕a̗̤̹̭̱͟r̳̬o͖̺̣u̶̫͕͈̞̙̺n͎͙͠d͡ ̟͚̀n̮͎͚u͙͜i̬̠͘s̴c̜̤a͖̩̞n̻̤c̶̹̬͇̭e̛̙̟ ͘t̮ͅo̴͈̖̖̥̱ ̤̱̣̟̠̼a̮̤̣͚̮͚ͅn̬͈̟y̩̺͈̦̖͈o̘͎n̘̕e̺̹͞ ͍̳̻̲unf̩͇͕̰̥̫ͅor̷͇t̙̱̺͇ͅu̟̻͍̻̥͠n̯̱̱ͅa̝͚t̻͜e͖͔̲͚͘ ̹̪̰͇͜e͓̖̤̘̠̠ṋ̻͚o̷̬̺u̸̙͚̩͓̲̜gh҉͕͍͇̳̦͕ ̡̙͍̟̗̙̻̞t̰o̴͉͖̝̥ ͔̮̥̯͝c͕̜̥̠r̟̠̬̙ó̲̟sş̱ ̩͈̠͎̜̙y̠̲̳̥̤̘̲o͕̰͖̗̼̞͝u̻̪͙r̖͉̹͇̰̯̣ ̻p̲a̶ț̡̘̱͔̪͙h.͈̪̯̙̞̫̹ ̵̲B̗̦ųͅt̨͔̟̘̩̤͖ ̴̹͙͓i͙̜̜f̺̯͉̤̯͓͕͝ ̧̖͓̖͖̰y̹̟͙o̳̩̤͈̯u͏͔͓̗ ͚͙̘̩j̞̥̹̖̮̝̘u͚̤͖s͏̜t̛͔̜̝̳͉͓ p͉̗͎͓u̸̲̖̖͍̯t̖̙̟̟̺ m͍͞e҉͚̦͍̥̩̟̘ ̬͚̼̠̹͚͟o͚̮̙̜̪̮͡ͅn̟̙̼͖͓̫̟,̼̭̹ ̰̭̝̤̻͈I͈̭͕'̦̖͓͎̘l̳l̻̬̰̭ͅ ̷͕̫͓a̢̭̫͔̲͈̮͖ļ͓̖̤̮̥̯w̷̫̠ḁ̡͈̺̬̳̺̤y̠s̶̰̘̥̱͚̺ ̧̠͔͓̜b̖̘͉e̲͓̺͕ ̬̖̺̦̪͍t͉̦̝͎̙h̛͎e̸͇͍r̭̬̦̜̜̖͘e͇̯̭̭͎̤ ̷̱f̜̭̘̭̗ǫ̪̘r̭̤̻̖ ͏̦̖̲ͅy̵̰̲͚̤̣̜o͖̦u͇̹͚̠̦͍͜. ̸̝̩̤T̯̯͓o̻͎̣̝ b̶̯͉ẹ̻̭͖͕͡ͅ ͝y̨̥̗͖͎̲̯o̻͔̩̤̪ṵ̧̠̱r̬̣̬̼͕͔̤ ̳͙͙͎f̜͙̣̯̥̳r̟̠̜̼̼̗̕i̬̝̱͜ȩ͙̭͖̘̠͉ņd̗̩.̙͙̮͓͔̣̕ ̮͇̝̱̜T͎̫͔̕h̡̲͎̺̠͍a̯̗t̰̝̲͍͎̯͕͜ ̧Í̙͔͕̬̣͈S̩̱̹̥͔ ̷͈͈w̗͉͍̲͔̘h̘̠̠̺͙a̹̳̠̱̣t̞̞ ̻̭y͉͔o͏̘͓̹̙̥ư̦̩ ͙̙͎w͞anţ̲̪̫̮͙,̷̤͎̣̜͙̝ ̜̺̩̣̜̖́y̯̟͔̘̥e̺̺͕̤̥s?̷̥"͍̠̣̩̲̟

That hadn't really answered Skull Kid's question of how the mask seemed to know all these things. But it did seem sincere enough in its attempt to assure him that it'd never leave him like his supposed friends did. Maybe this mask really did have his best interests at heart.

"..Okay. I'll put you on. But promise that you won't leave me?"

"̪͕̣͈̺I̹͉ ̫̗̻̳̥̘̳ṕ̻r̕o̰̗m͙͎i̳̯͟s͉͔̘̟ę̼̘͎͎̞̰̝,̦͇͇̻̘͎͖ ̹͟S̸͚̹̼̳k͎u̯̙̲̠̥̗ll̷ ̸̱̖̮͉͙̹K̦͖͕̝̦i̫͇͈d̙.͖͇̬̟̪̻̮͡ ̦̙̼̣̹̗T̻͕͚͜h̴̟e҉ͅ ̪̞̗t̫w̥̹̬͠ͅo̖̺͙̤̹̱ ̷͚̺͎͔̰o͇̺̳̪̥̻͚f҉͙̠ ̬̘̗u͔̖̙͔͔̼s͚͉̗͇ ̡͈͎̼wi̱̫͔͇ͅl͎̩̳l̖̖̜ ͕̻͕h̘̫͓̱͔̖̳á̜v̡e̢͍̬̼̙̹̰ ̵̯͇̟a͢n҉̰̺͚ ̜͓̬͉̭̪̀ͅu͠n͉̺͎͈̼͈̪b̖͔͉̫̝r̬̹̳̝̥̻e̜͚̻̪̜͟a̢͔̙k̼̫̦a̸̮̻͍͕̮̘b͈͓̜̘̘̗l̯͈̝͚͚ẹ̡͉̪̬̯͓̳ ̶̻̖̦̤̺b͔̜ͅo̱͍͇̦̪n͜d̞͢"͖̱̞̕

That was enough for Skull Kid and slipping the mask on, Skull Kid's body began to convulse as he felt a dark energy pulsate through his body. Floating up in the air, it seemed like his mask had taken control of the body. But as his body finally settled down, Skull Kid let out some ragged breaths. Tatl and Tael floated nearby and glanced down at Skull Kid. "..Skull Kid are you okay?"

"̧̲͇͈̣̺̝O҉f̺̘͙͙̠͍ ͔͓̕c͈͍̳̹̪̫̺o͔̭̬̥̳̞̕ͅu̦̙̗̲͜rs̭̲̦͚̬͚ͅe̝̼̦͍̠͇̬ ̝̯̺̲I̵͔̪̣̝̟̠'̫̮̺̺͉̙m̴̮̻̭̖̜̯ ̲ǫ̫k͍͇̤̟ͅa͖̬y͔,͏͇̹͍̫̙̫͕ ̝͙̗̬T̬̪̲̜̟ͅa̰̟̟̠tl͈̦͈̯̫!̶ ̜͉̤̠̝͢I̖̼̰̼̠̦͠'̖͚v̗͘e̗ ͉̼̙̘̺͚̲j̫̞u͓͔̠͉̰̺s̸̘̤t͍ ̴̼̰͎̺̭̻ͅm̗̗̻̜̩a͜d̨͈e͚͚̘͙̲͟ ͏͚̩̤͚ͅa̩͙̯̫͇̹͡ ̴̭͔̘̘̘n͈̬ḙ̕w̨ ҉̳̯̱fr̦i̹̟̲͔̱̯en͖̥͖̲ͅḏ̗̱͞ ͓͇̭ḭ̶ṣ̤̦͇͉̠̫ ̯͙͕͈̥̩̹a̺͖͓ll̲͚͚̘̱̼,҉̮̤ ̞̖̱̼h͙͘e͠e̠̠͇̰̰͡ ̧͕̼͙̮h͙̫̜͙e̬͓e̜͖..̥̩͈͙"̰͠

skull_kid_by_sixfrid-d8jv5wf.jpg

"Then the next thing that occurred was me making my way into the Clock Tower. For I just have this feeling that a chosen one would arrive and retrieve my precious mask for me. Then that's where the story ends. Did you see the creature I describe?" The Salesman asked the group as a whole upon finishing his retelling of how he lost his mask.​

Back