Chronicles of The Omniverse Archived Lutetia City: Merveilleux

as written by glmstr

"Don't threaten our staff!" Al had leapt to his feet, and Aurelie's eyes only grew wider. She didn't want to die just yet and, on a side note, she'd prefer the twins' bones arranged the way they are now. The fact they were quite attractive definitely helped their case. When Val pulled his brother back to the couch, Aurelie proceeded to yank him -albeit gently- to the other side of her, so she could turn towards him and whisper rather angrily into his ear.
"Listen, you aren't dealing with some random asshole in a suit. If it was, any one of us would already be feeding him his own teeth right now. As far as I know he isn't going to kill anyone, but please don't provoke him. I like how you two look now, so I'd prefer if your body parts stayed attached." Whilst speaking she unknowingly leaned closer and closer to Alvere, nearly on top of him by the time she finished.

as written by Emperor Jester

Nox had almost stood up to meet their challenge, but once again, someone intercepted his action, interrupting him before he could even start to respond. Not that he minded, really. It was just another one of tonight's usual change-of-pace moments for him. Instead of responding like he normally would, Nox would only smile and sit there, listening.

My, my~? Did this girl know who he was? Well of course she did. His kind could just tell, now couldn't they? Had she told Rei was the real question. And was Rei telling that charmingly awkward little boy? Arien obviously knew. In fact, everyone here probably did. Though that was just his suspicion, which for once, he chose to ignore.

"Perhaps we got off on the wrong foot, lads. I apologize if I've caused unintended distress." The sarcasm in his voice was subtle, barely there so it would scratch at a person's subconscious.

as written by Script

The glower that Valère seared into the back of Aurelie's head as she yanked Alveré across her could have launched a thousand ships for pure fear. Whether he took issue with her separating the pair of them unbidden or the fact she seemed to be trying to climb his brother like a tree was unclear. Perhaps it was a little of both.

Alveré, on the other hand, after recovering from his initial surprise at having been relocated, seemed entirely welcoming of the attention. But his brow furrowed somewhat at what Aurelie was saying. "What are you talking about?" he murmured back at her, "As far as you know..? What?"

His eyes flicked back across to 'Malcolm', taking in his words and (badly) suppressing a sneer. "That's alright," he called across dismissively...

Arien internally groaned. He could almost hear the insult already formed. He adored the twins, but Al was far too easy to provoke. If he kept interrupting, however, he risked making it too obvious what he was doing. But he could solve that if he wasn't the one to interrupt.

He turned his focus onto Valère, almost smirking at the jealousy seeping from him like a slow-burning flame. All he needed to do was nudge it, kindle the flames, and...

Alveré was interrupted by a disgruntled huff from his brother, as Valère rose to his feet and stepped across his line of sight. He blinked in surprise. "Valère? Where are you going?"

"Hm?" Valère glanced down at the tangle of his twin and Aurelie as though it were an afterthought. "Why, to dance, of course. You seem busy, after all. It's only fair." And with that, he turned to keep walking.

A light switched on in Alveré's head, and with an apologetic smile to Aurelie, he extracted himself and swept to his feet. He caught up with Valère in a second, catching his twin's hand with his own and twirling him around to pull him in close. He grinned devilishly at the surprise painted across Valère's face. "Why, Val. Are you jealous?" he teased.

"I- No, of course not." Valère retorted, blushing. "I just-"

"Ah ah," Alveré chided, "No excuses. You talk too much." And without warning, he leaned in and pressed his lips against Valère's. His brother went rigid for a half second with shock, before all-but melting into him.

In the meantime, Arien sat himself down on the couch beside Aurelie with a whistle, grinning broadly. Oh, but he enjoyed playing with those two. Their uncertain emotions were like putty in his grasp. And he had a feeling that even in their heart of hearts, they enjoyed it just as much as he did. "Looks like you caused quite the scene," he remarked lowly to Aurelie, winking. "I should thank you for the show."

____

Back at the bar, Élisabeth grimaced. "Uhg. Really? Come on. Everyone knows you do it in the privacy of your own home, but in public..?" she muttered, shaking her head at the twins. "That's just ... wrong."

Though that didn't seem to be stopping her staring.

She finally tore her eyes away, looking back at Jimmy. "Anyway. Hiding something. That's my thought exactly. I just don't know what. Oh well," she shrugged, "it's probably not important."

as written by Faithy

Jimmy’s attention shifted towards the twins and he couldn’t help but gasp and stare at their public display of affection. It was something he had never seen before aside from of course the display that Rei and Aurelie put on, but there was something more disturbing about this occurrence. Probably because they were twin brothers. Yeah, that probably had something to do it in. Nodding in agreeance with Élisabeth’s statement, the twenty-year-old returned his attention towards her and found himself shrugging a smidge not quite sure what Malcolm was hiding.

“Well, it probably is pretty important. I mean, did you even notice how the mood changed the moment he approached? Something’s seriously wrong with that and I am going to find out what his secret is!” Jimmy grasped a hold of a new bottle and all but tossed it down his throat, swallowing the majority of it before setting the bottle back down again.

“Unless you wanted to dance and grope each other?” His words were very brazen, but ninety percent of it was thanks to the alcohol he had ingested in such a short period.

“Or we could just grope each other up here or just talk or uhhh...” Jimmy trailed off, his gaze shifting back towards Malcolm.

as written by duramon

Rei turned to Inarin when he caught up and leaned in close. "Isn't it obvious? I like you." She said bluntly, leaning back to have a drink. "You're smart, dedicated, inventive." She listed, stretching her arms behind her back and rocking on her heels again. The young Prose tilted her head to the side and spoke again.

"I want you to join a Squad with me, and I want to be friends~" She chimed, smiling at Inarin.

She COULD tell him about Malcolm, but that would mean leaving and ruining her chance to observe, it would be safer, especially for the physically weak Prose. However a chance like this where they wouldn't be murdered the moment they stumbled across him was so rare to be worth it, besides, she had no proof other than Aurelie's word.

as written by Script

"Oh," Inarin replied somewhat lamely, reddening slightly. "I ... thank you," he went on after a moment, smiling. "But you're more impressive... I mean, I'm just book-smart. You're great at academic stuff, and at fighting, and at smithing and inventing ... And everything. I guess I'm kind of ... jealous, 'cause I'm not good at anything but nerd stuff..."

He ran a hand through his hair awkwardly, hastily going on. "But that doesn't ... of course... of course I'll be your friend, but what do you mean by a squad?"

as written by duramon

Rei was happy she thought of him like that, her efforts were noticed. "A Jack of many trades, master of few. I don't even follow those rules huh?~" She joked, swinging her arms along with her heels now behind her. She grinned happily and did a little hop towards Inarin when he said he'd be her friend, wrapping his hands in hers and cheering happily "Yay~"

"I want to build up a squad of Prose for the new generation~ If we pool our efforts, abilities and resources we can make up for a Paladin or Cleric or two and do some odd jobs outside of and for the Academy." She pointed back up to the V.I.P area at Aurelie "She's an agent for the church so we can use her as a lifeline and to persuade the church to allow us to form an active squad~" She whistled.

She turned back to Inarin with a proud grin and spoke again "And you're number one on my list Inarin. You're much stronger than you think you are." She said warmly with encouragement. The look in her eyes said she really was interested and impressed with Inarin, one of the only people who consistently beat her scores no matter how hard she tried.

as written by glmstr

"My apologies and uh, thanks.." Aurelie blushed slightly and scratched her head. "Arien, right?" She started to smile back and whispered as quietly as she could into his ear, "I had to briefly let Rei know about our friend 'Malcolm' here, I'm a friend of hers and I know how quickly it could go south if she didn't know what she was running in to." The vampire grew fond of Rei rather quickly, partially as a little sister of sorts and moreso (a much more recent development) as a companion and friend, with the occasional fleeting feelings of other sorts of attraction.

"Now, are you trying to say something with that whistling of yours?" She grinned and winked slightly. She was unusually promiscuous tonight, but she couldn't help herself with all of the alcohol and attractive people around. She reached for her drink and had another sip.

"Well would you look at those two. Seems like the only ones who have their minds on the right track." 'Malcolm' would offer, gesturing towards the twins as his drink arrived. It wasn't EXACTLY what he asked for, but he'd deal with that later. He'd be able to find anyone from this party at any time he wanted after it was over. Nox had a nose for smells, and a very keen memory. Overall, tonight was going great.

Only one thing was bothering him though. Since Rei had brought him over here, she'd abandoned him to play around with that female kin, which while pleasing to watch, had left him high and dry. And now she was talking to that...boy?! That twig, over himself? If Nox's pride was capable of being hurt, that would've done it, but instead, he filed away that discomfort for later as well.

"So." He said, speaking mostly to Elisabeth and Jimmy from across the way. "What is there we could all do for fun, hmmm?"

as written by Krysis

"How is Dad doing, by the way?" Celeste asked as she let Pierette steer her back towards the VIP section. The young proselyte folded her arms loosely, her hands tucked into her sleeves to caress the hilts of her daggers to help calm herself back down.

"He's doing pretty good, actually. He is singing pretty much every weekend. I guess the more pain he is in, the more people like his music, and he has to be a little charming in order to ask around about miracle cures. I don't know what he expects though, it isn't like there is a way to regrow an amputated foot." Pierette helped herself to Celeste's bottle of water while she talked.

Celeste nodded encouragingly, hoping that Pierette would just keep talking.

"Junior is still chasing that lady necromancer. The one that tried to seance Mom and couldn't reach her? He knows damn well she doesn't want a working class stiff, but he's still infatuated. Liz is doing well, Adam started 1st grade this year, Marie is in kindergarten, and little Anna is starting to use sentences instead of disconnected words. She didn't like me showing up to wash my clothes last week and told me so at the top of her little lungs. It was actually kinda cute." Pierette was hoping that if she kept talking to Celeste, the bouncer would just let her into the VIP section along with her sister.

It didn't occur to Celeste that there might be a problem, and she barely hesitated at the tall bald man, since she had already been invited in before.

Pierette gave the twins an accessing look as she half emptied the bottle of water. Deciding they were being too busy and distracting, she just walked at Celeste's side as if her belonging there was a foregone conclusion. She also slipped a small white pill into the bottle as she put the lid back on and handed it to Celeste.

"Remy is... well, he is Remy. He has that redhead girl on a string, but he doesn't want to be tied down. His ex is threatening him with little Jamie, but I think Charlene is too good a mother to dump a three-year-old on someone as horrible as our brother." The aging party girl grinned at the thought of what would happen when Celeste started to drink from the bottle. Even if she wasn't able to watch the results up close, it would be worth it, just to know the self-righteous paladin-in-training would have to do something... outrageous.

as written by Script

"Oh, well..." Inarin smiled bashfully, "I don't know. I suppose if we get permission it would be okay, but I don't know how useful I would be in the field. I still sometimes get my episodes."

It was relatively common knowledge that Inarin occasionally suffered from unpredictable panic attacks. Thankfully (or perhaps not) they weren't triggered by anything specific. They could come in the middle of a high-stress sparring match, or while he was reading in the library. Stress made them more likely, but it wasn't a bygone conclusion.

"But thank you, anyway. You're very kind, Rei." His eyes wandered back to the others as he was speaking, and widened notably when he spotted the twins' embrace.

"Do you think we should go back?" he added weakly, "Uhm... or something. I feel like the whole time I've been here I've just been standing around too much, and not doing anything, you know ..." he hesitated over the next word for a long moment, "... fun?"

____

Arien smiled, leaning in close to Aurelie in return. He raised a hand to light brush against her cheek as he whispered back to her. The words themselves were a barest whisper, practically drowned out entirely by the music even to a vampire's superior hearing, but despite that, they somehow rang clearly in Aurelie's head. "I'm afraid not. I'd keep what you know to yourself. Caer or otherwise, we're not to let people know that our kind live amongst them. If that cat gets out of the bag ... well, you'll have to hope I've got enough reason to keep my mouth shut." Crimson swirled warningly in his eyes, though to an onlooker his body language spoke only of idle affection.

"Knowledge is dangerous. You've gambled that Rei knowing what she's dealing with is safer than the alternative. It remains to be seen whether you're right. But keep in mind, there's only so much I can do to protect them all..."

With that, he leaned back away again, his face betraying nothing of his warning's severity.

It was as he did so that Celeste arrived back with Pierette. The bouncer seemed too wrapped up in trying to ignore the twins' affection to do anything more than wave the pair of them through after recognising Celeste - although his eyes seemed to linger on Pierette. Whether that was professional interest or something else entirely was difficult to say.

A few moments later, the twins finally pried themselves apart, red tinting both pairs of cheeks. Alveré wore a satisfied smile, trailing one hand around Valère's waist. "You'll always be my first concern, Val," he murmured softly, "Everything, everyone else, they're just a game. Don't forget that."

Valère nodded his head, "Sorry," he began, but was silenced by a finger pressed to his lips.

"No apologies," Alveré chided, "Now back to business, hm?"

Valère nodded once more, and hand in hand, the two turned to face the rest of the group as a whole. "Who wants to come dance with us?" they called out in unison, matching grins of mischief plastered across their faces.

____

At the bar, Élisabeth resisted rolling her eyes at the twins' antics. A smile found its way to her face as Malcolm switched his attention to her and Jimmy, though she wasn't sure entirely why. "Let's solve a mystery," she whispered to Jimmy, before she leaned forwards towards Malcolm. The position only exaggerated her top's low-cut neckline.

"Fun?" she repeated, smirking. "There's all kinds of fun I can picture myself having with two handsome boys like you."

She slipped from her chair, taking Jimmy's hand and leading him over towards where Malcolm was sat, her hips swaying invitingly. "I don't think either of us have properly been introduced... I'm Élisabeth, and this is Jimmy. And I must say, it's a pleasure."

as written by Faithy

Jimmy studied the stranger, trying to figure out what he was hiding, but he just couldn’t place his finger on what was so off about him. It took him a couple of seconds to realize that Malcolm was looking over at him and Élisabeth. Looking away, thankful that the twins had stopped kissing, Jim located each of the Proselytes, glad that for the time being, they were all safe and sound. He wasn’t sure who the all was in Malcolm’s statement, but figured it was everyone in the VIP area. Before he could respond though, the female he was attempting to flirt with leaned towards Malcom and Jimmy found himself shifting so that he could look down her neckline.

Hmm… I need to step up my game if I’m going to get any further than just idle chatter.

Trying to give himself self-confidence, Jimmy couldn’t help but shiver when Élisabeth whispered into his ear. He barely digested the words spoken before she was tugging him over to where Malcolm was sitting. Finding himself staring at her backend, he shook his thoughts free from the gutter where they had slipped and found himself wondering what she was up to with her words and insinuations. He could tell without looking that his cheeks were very red, but there was nothing he could do about it at that moment.

“Sure, there’s plenty the three of us could do for fun. How about it?” He still failed at flirting, but he wasn’t really trying to pick up Malcolm. He would leave that to Élisabeth. All the young adult wanted was to know why exactly the male was there and what he truly was.

as written by glmstr

"Oh trust me, I know Rei won't let the cat out of the bag here. She's a smart girl, and I already let her know that there would be consequences if she did tell someone, and they would be imposed whether or not I want to do it," Aurelie mimicked Arien's whisper and smiled. The huntress was quite confident in the young proselyte, she was clearly someone that would hold their word very well when they wanted to.
Then the twins came back, their mischievous grins returning with them. She was honestly glad that they didn't seem to be upset any more, but then again it could always just be a facade.

"Well, I'd be willing if you two aren't mad at me anymore~" The vampire took another sip of her drink and shrugged playfully.

Nox's eyes would widen slightly as the two youths approached, his cold blue eyes studying each of their physical forms. One the one had, the boy looked strong for his age, and wasn't displeasing on the eyes. He might be fun to break and then discard, though Nox hardly paid attention to him compared to Elisabeth. The way she moved, the look in her eyes, the gifts that good breeding had bestowed on her, it was all very pleasing. And as she drew closer, something triggered inside him. The church. She smelled like the church. Not like the proselytes did, no, this was far different. She had to be important to those holy bastards. It practically made him salivate.

"Indeed, it is a pleasure. I'm glad some one finally came over to chat, since the little vixen that led me here seems to have wondering eyes." Once more, his attention was momentarily drawn to Rei and Inarin. What could they be talking about? Normally, hearing them would be easy, but over the club noises, it was more than muffled. The same went for his fellow undead. It was a tad annoying, though right now, his eyes were on, in his opinion, the most delicious prey here.

"The twins seem to want to dance. I'm good with staying behind and getting some alone time with the two of you. If that's alright." He almost seemed to purr with excitement, his eyes shimmering with intoxication of all various kinds.

as written by Krysis

Celeste grimaced at the news of Remy's continued selfish ways. Lifting her water bottle and finally noticing that Pierette had drank half of it, the young woman gave her sister an annoyed glare before partaking of the water within. Unbeknownst to Celeste, the tainted water would soon have a rather dramatic effect.

Pierette grinned and headed over to the VIP bar to help herself to some bourbon, chattering along in a low tone about what little nephew Jamie had said last time she had seen the tot, which was cute but irrelevant. The point was to get Celeste over in a clear area so that when the drugs took effect, there would be no bias about where she ends up.

The sister stopped talking when Celeste started to sway to the music and the teen's eyes got a bit glazed. About that point, Pierette took her bottle and plopped down on the couch next to Arien, grinning at him, "You'll enjoy this. Keep an eye on Celeste. She's about to do something very embarrassing. I hope." She tells him, then offers her hand to the auburn haired 'boy', "By the way, I'm Pierette. Her sister."

Celeste stumbled a few steps when she realized that Pierette was no longer with her. Her empty water bottle fell out of her hand and rolled away. Confused and blinking, her gaze soon settled on Jimmy. With a determined, but unsteady, stride, she got up to the slightly older boy without caring that she was interrupting his lustful stare at Elisabeth's bottom, and grabbed for his arm.

"Hey! Umf!" She exclaimed, as she missed the grab and ended up on her knees between him and the couch, accidentally leaning against Malcolm's knees so she wasn't laying flat on her face. Undeterred, the teen shifted around without getting up to glare up towards Jimmy. Her eyes were focused somewhere beyond him though.

"I had such a crush on you, but you let me down. Why would you want to 'talk' to a werewolf?" Celeste tried to do the quotes with her fingers, but got confused about which fingers were supposed to be folded down and which were supposed to move, so it was a very odd gesture. When she put her hands back down, the one on the side closer to Malcolm started sliding up and down the leather of his boot, caressing the unusual texture.

"Isn't a normal girl enough for you? Or do you really need to risk your life in order to enjoy yourself? Because if that is what you need, I sure as hell don't mind trying to kill you. You big meanie." If she hadn't been shooed away from Malcolm's footwear, she'd probably turn towards him and start rubbing her cheeks on his knees and the couch, as if she didn't care what the texture was as long as she was touching Something.

as written by Ronin

"Oh shit," Aaro watched Celeste give it to Jimmy, still reeling from his first experience with alcohol, "guys ... dramabomb!"

as written by duramon

Rei grinned and span Inarin around back towards the V.I.P area "Well then let's go~ It seems like something is about to go off over there anyway." She teased, gesturing at Celeste who appeared to be stroking Malcolm's knees and...oh lord what was she doing to Jimmy?

This would require more than a little prayer later.

She let Inarin go and came up beside Malcolm, resting a gentle hand on his shoulder as she looked down at the handsy Celeste. Someone was obviously spiked, the chances of Celeste getting so instantly wasted were so slim to be laughable. That was the risk of clubs she supposed. "Sorry for leaving you alone so suddenly, never free from work." She explained with a smile, she glanced down at Celeste and saw that things were less Heretical than she expected.

"So~ Care to include me in the fun?" She mused, waving at Inarin to come over to the group if he hadn't already.

as written by Script

Élisabeth's eyes narrowed at Celeste, and before Jimmy could get a chance to reply, she cut in. "Oh, honey, what happened?"

She crouched down to offer the girl a hand, "Did you drink something weird? Come on, let me help you up." Letting the other girl support her weight Élisabeth helped her up and led her a few paces to one side.

Only once they were what she judged as out of Jimmy and Malcolm's earshot did her tone change to one of icy cold disdain. "Listen, hun. I don't know if you think dropping to your knees in front of a boy is 'flirting', or if you're just more of a tramp than I took you for. But let's get one thing clear. It's not because of some ridiculous excuse like a werewolf fetish that a guy's not interested in you. You just need to learn to take a hint. I mean..."

She glanced down at Celeste's outfit with obvious amusement. "Look at you. You don't have the figure for that outfit, and you look so uncomfortable in it it's actually making me sad for you. I'm not trying to be harsh, but you're embarrassing yourself. I just want to save you that misery later. You'll only regret it when you're sober."

Élisa smiled at Celeste in much the same way that one might smile at a pet or a small child when dismissing them. "It's probably for the best if you try to avoid the boys up here tonight, so you don't make any more of a fool out of yourself. You might have better luck out there, with everyone else."

The way she said 'everyone else' she might as well have phrased it as 'riff-raff'.

It was small and cruel of her to tear Celeste apart so viciously, but those were two words that Élisa was no stranger to. She was still wound up that Arien had paid this girl so much attention earlier.

____

Arien watched Celeste's fall and following rant with a bemused expression, glancing across at Pierette. "You spiked her drink?" he guessed, "Your sister?"

That was something that had even him raising an eyebrow. "Well, I suppose she did need to let loose a little. Nothing too strong, I hope."

He smiled, shaking her hand. "I'm Arien. It's a pleasure to meet you."

Though it wouldn't be obvious to Pierette, Arien was very much just going through the motions as far as being pleasant to her went. She didn't interest him, much as the dozens of other party-goers were little more than footnotes in his designs for the evening. He put no particular effort into being sensual or directing his magic onto her, beyond the aura infecting the entire rave.

He watched Celeste and Élisa's exchange with interest from his seat, though he couldn't hear what they were saying. He could guess, however, that despite her apparently smiley exterior, Élisa was being anything but kind. He'd told her to play nicely with the proselytes, but he supposed that she couldn't contain herself completely.

He sighed inwardly. Another hurdle to cross. He'd have to avoid getting the pair of girls' wires crossed again, if he wanted to keep them both strung along. It had probably been a mistake to invite Élisa along, but he'd needed someone to keep the attention of the more straight-edge males amongst the proselytes while he worked his subliminal charms.

Still, at least it was keeping the both of them away from Nox. For the time being.

____

The twins exchanged a subtle glance, as Alveré made certain that Valère wouldn't be uncomfortable with renewing interactions with Aurelie. Upon confirming from his brother's eyes that he had no issue with it, he smiled and stepped to offer her a hand.

"Mad? No," Alveré smiled, "It was just a misunderstanding, is all."

"But," Valère swept forwards to the other side of her, "we wouldn't want to outnumber you. We ought to pluck at least one other to join us." His eyes wandered to where Rei and Inarin stood, and he smirked. "Perhaps we should reclaim Inarin? The other girl can come along too, if she wants."

Alveré grinned in turn as he followed Valère's gaze, and made brief eye contact with the young proselyte as he and Rei were returning, causing Inarin to hurriedly look away. "I spied him watching us a moment ago, Val. I think he enjoyed it."

"Not that he'd ever admit it," Valère noted.

"Oh, I don't know," Alveré hummed quietly for a moment, "I think if we try hard enough, by the end of the night, we might be able to coax it out of him..."

As Rei and Inarin passed them on the way to reach the scene transpiring around Malcolm (that both twins were studiously ignoring on principle), Valère stepped over to intercept the latter as he trailed behind. "I hope you don't mind if I cut in," he murmured, smiling conspiratorially.

Inarin blinked in surprise, "Oh... no, it's okay, we were just going to..."

"I was wondering if you wanted to join me and my brother to dance?" Valère interjected, directing Inarin's attention to where Alveré was waiting with Aurelie.

"Uhm ..." Inarin hesitated. He'd never danced before, and he couldn't imagine himself being any good at it. It seemed like the exact sort of thing that he was doomed to be awful at. Like driving a motorcycle. Or finishing a sentence without stopping to 'uhm' anywhere. There was a significant part of him that definitely did want to go and dance with the twins, but another part that didn't want to look bad in front of them. Or any of the people here tonight. "I was talking to Rei... I mean, I shouldn't just ... I'd like to, but ..."

Valère shook his head with a tut, turning around to catch Rei's attention, "You don't mind if we steal him back, do you?" he queried playfully. "In wants to come dance with us, right?" He leaned in closer to murmur in the younger boy's ear. "Don't worry about being good or bad. It's not complicated. And you'll find me and Al are good at taking the lead..."

Though he hesitated again, his cheeks flushing bright red, eventually Inarin managed a meek nod.

as written by Faithy

“Mmm… staying behind to talk and maybe do other things… sounds good to me. I’m sure Rei will return to your arm soon, but maybe we can help you forget all about her.” Jimmy grinned shifting his attention immediately to Celeste when she moved towards him, sensing there was something off with her compared to how she was acting earlier.

Glancing over at Pierette, he narrowed his eyes, having a feeling that she did something to the Proselyte’s water since the female hadn’t touched any alcohol since they arrived and he doubted it was a contact high from being in the same vicinity as Aaro and him. Exhaling slightly when Celeste attempted to grab for him, he clenched his jaw when she fell directly beside Malcolm. Starting to reach down to help her up, the male froze and just stared when she started to verbally berate him for wanting to get to know a werewolf. He previously had a feeling that she had a crush on him, but now he was one-hundred percent sure that she did. It was odd that she was focusing on what he said earlier and not the fact that he was practically salivating and flirting with Élisabeth. He arched his brow when his fellow proselyte brought up trying to kill him and that seemed to be the point that ticked him off. However before he had a chance to say anything, she was removed from his vicinity by Élisabeth. Not to be deterred, he stood where he was at and gave his thoughts to Celeste, making sure to speak loud enough for her to hear him.

“You? You really think you can kill me, Celeste? Yes, I want to talk with a werewolf and maybe I do want to risk my life in order to have fun and enjoy myself. What’s so bad about that? Also, you forgot, I also want to speak with a vampire, so there’s that too. I’m sorry that my desires make you not have a crush on me anymore, but it’s my life. If I want to ruin it and die, then that’s my choice.” Jimmy scowled slightly, not meaning to come off so snippy with Celeste, but she touched a nerve. He kept his rather irritated expression even when Rei returned to the group, his gaze shifting briefly to her and Inarin before swearing inwardly, realizing that there was no speaking privately with Malcolm now to find out more about him, thanks to Celeste’s outburst.

Once again, Nox played the role of the observer. When the girl began to clamber all over him, he didn't so much mind, not at all. While she was the most plain here, this was the same girl who had startled him earlier. It was surprising what happened next. Such hostility and anger, from multiple people, all aimed at this poor girl.

He'd turn to Rei eventually, looking up at her from his spot on the couch, his smile warm and invite, though he stood up the moment that threats and real, venomous anger began to surface. They will killing his buzz. He'd gone from having fun, relaxing, spending an evening doing what he so rarely got to do, and they were ruining it. A growl began to slowly build behind his clenched teeth, and the shine of his beautiful eyes began to flicker, nearly as fast as strobe lights, his muscles tensing and releasing under his clothing. Throwing Rei's hand off, he'd stand, towering above all the nearby figures, his voice somehow booming over the rave's loud atmosphere.

"Will all of you SHUT UP BEFORE I LOSE MY GODS DAMNED MIND?!"

Back