Mr. Moonglade's Extraordinary Orphanage

Remi raised an eyebrow. He didn’t mind people checking him out, but few were brazen enough to do it quite like that. It was about time he dealt with a confident guy. He enjoyed his lovesick juniors and his stuttering centaur, but it was rare that someone had the balls to stand against him. He liked it. Maybe he wouldn't have to handle this one like he was made of glass. Oh, he didn't trust him. Not in the slightest. But that wasn't really the point, was it? Besides, he could hardly be more of a dick than Remi himself. So he let himself play. He smirked. "You ain't seen nothing yet, pretty boy," he shot back. He left his arm around Dusk, but shook Templon's hand. "I have a feeling we are." He declined to offer any information on his powers or where or even who the others were. "I take it you don't care much for anonymity?" he asked, gesturing at the horns.

"Hmm? Oh, nope..." the teen chuckles. "My parents own a business, so even if the baddies under government did catch me, my parents would bail me out, in fact..." Templton lifts his shirt sleeve revealing what appears to be a bar code tattooed onto him. "They quite literally bought my freedom for me. I've been registered off their hitlist of gifteds...and i'm not the only one, actually. But i've become quite the celebrity for it, heehee."
Dusk reaches up and gently grips Remi's hand.
Temp glances at this, before giving a small sigh and continuing to smile. "In all honesty, i'm kinda jealous of you guys...I bet you'd make the perfect couple."
"What?! No no no, i-it's not like that at all" Dusk quickly jumps in. "S-See, we're....erm...."

Remi absently laced his fingers into Dusk's. "Damn right we would," Remi said. "But I make anyone look cute. You want me off the market that badly?" He glanced at the barcode on Temp's arm, reaching out to run his fingers over it. A shiver of something dark rippled theough him. Remi didn’t often think about the plight of the gifted, hust like he rarely thought of own lack of parents. Much too dark. Too real. You couldn't sass your way out of that. "Sounds like fun," he said. "Still, knowing no-one can get you and acting on it are very different things. I applaud you."
He played with Dusk's fingers a little. The poor centaur was crimson and flustered. Remi may be a dick but he didn’t want to out anyone without their consent. Especially if they hadn’t figured it out for themselves yet.

Last edited:
"Hmm, well, as abruptly as i've come, I sorry to say I must disappear... But before I go, why not exchange phone numbers? It'd be nice for us to sit down and chat for real in the future. You guys seem like a fun bunch, the two of you. Not to mention, it'd give me more time to introduce myself to the rest of your group." Templ pulls out his phone with an ready number for them.
(Sorry for weird post)

"Sure thing," Remi said. He rattled off his number. "Text me. I'll have the wife cook up some dinner," he joked.
What had Dusk so rattled? How had they met in the first place? Remi had been around these parts for a long while now and he had never seen Temp before. Ah well. Any chance to add to the social circle.
When Temp had vanished off into the mall, Remi turned his head to look at Dusk, their hands still linked on the centaur's shoulder. "Now where did you dig him up?" he asked.

Duskly shook his head before standing up and stretching some. "I'll tell you once we get back to the orphanage...it's a bit of an story" he yawned. "Anyways, I appreciate you coming out here. I was kinda nervous at making a new friend, you helped me with that..."
The teen gently prods Remi once more with a crooked smile. "You payed for all the clothing already, right?"

Osiria bounced from store to store in her search for Kardia. This mall was bigger that ones she'd been in before, and she had no idea where Kardia liked to hang out. She'd even asked some people if they knew any places like that. Finally, she arrived at a deserted cafe. Osiria barely glanced at the sign before heading in. Of course Kardia was here. Plopping down at a table near them, Osiria, sighed and leaned back in her chair.

"Nice place," she muttered, before perking up at the scent of something sweet. "Do they sell doughnuts?" She grinned and twisted to look at the counter. "Hey, they're pretty cheap too!"

"Hm? Oh, yes, they do." What was her name again? Kardia didn't quite want to check. Still too many people for xem to risk it. "What are you doing here? I thought everyone was shopping somewhere."

(I was expecting someone to follow us out of the shop but Remi to the rescue haha)

"Of course I paid for the clothes," Remi said, following Dusk to standing. A new friend hm? Temp didn’t seem exactly friendly in the way you wanted friends to be. But whatever. "Ok well let's go home then. Where are the others?" Remi struck out, seeing the shop crew following them behind. He caught sight of the Osiria and Kardia with some doughnuts and made a beeline for them. "Alright we're going home. If you want a lift hurry up." He walked up to the cafe and ordered a coffee and a pack of doughnuts.

"Oh, that's... That's great?" The thought of the shadow travel and the way it tried to twist xir stomach wasn't all too great, but in exchange for freedom to use the Heart Realm again? Kardia bet xe'd do anything. It hurt just being here, feeling xir construct demand food and water and rest. "You're all done, then?"

Duskly shrugs. "I think he's pretty cool... I admire how he's open about his gift." I wish I could be more like him...Optimistic...Cheery...kinda cute too... Duskly seated himself next to Kardia and Osiria, deep in thought of their newfound friend.
(Iz extremely srry for short post. Can't think of much atm.)

While the others busied themselves for a short time, Xylia was glued to her phone, thinking carefully about her conversation with the guy she had ran into earlier until she heard Remi speaking about leaving, “Wait, I’m coming!” She called, tugging her bags with her. “I hope you can carry all of this as well. I don’t know what make me thing my arms were strong enough to support these bags for more than a few minutes at a time.”

Remi grabbed his coffee as they called out his name, leaving his phone number with the blushing cashier, and started walking outside. "Of course I can. But I am then lying comatose on Dusk's bed for two hours while we sort out how we're getting you some mallboy booty." He took a bite out of his doughnut and glanced back at Dusk. "And I'm still waiting to hear about that boy. I meant what I said about getting him over for dinner. We can share him."

Last edited:
Haji had followed the others quietly, afraid to get lost in the crowd again. She still didn't like the horn boy, they way he was so public made her uneasy, and newness was never good. She was mainly trying not to get separated, but she didn’t really listen to the conversations, mainly just thinking to herself. She didn’t even realize that she had defaulted to Kehgerkhan, not that it mattered much. But, when she overheard part of what Remi said, she couldn’t help but laugh a bit.

"Sh-share him?" Duskly repeated. What does he mean by share? Like, take turns talking to him maybe and entertaining him? We've only met today, it's not like...Remi is insinuating... No, he couldn't have meant that. But what if he did? How would Rem have already figured out his interest in the teen? Duskly sat there fuming in overcomplicated unnecessary thought, as usual.

"Mallboy booty?" Xylia smiled, not entirely understanding what he meant. "So far we're discussing school, I assume we will all be attending now that we have the mist right?" She asked the others, hoping that she wasn't going to be the only new person. Given that the school year was already underway, she was sure a new face would be noticed and though she was enjoying her newly kindled friendship with Remi, she couldn't follow him around the school all day. Since she was already thinking about school, she realized that she hadn't spoken to the Mr. Moonglade yet to discuss the paper work and whether or not she would be required to drive during her time here.

Remi snorted. "Oh, darling, believe me, if that boy has anything to say about it, you'll know exactly what mallboy booty is." He glanced back, checking everyone was there. Xylia's next words caught him somewhat off guard. For some reason, the idea that the others might come to school threw him. His stomach twisted uncomfortably against the idea. What would it be like if the others were at school? School, as much as Remi despised textbooks, was an enjoyable experience for him. Remi loved being in the back of the room, breaking hearts, remaining an enigma while he churned the gossip pool. It was an ordinary life he had there. And he wasn’t sure how much he wanted the others pushing in on that.
"Alright, shadow shuttle is now leaving," he announced. "Let's go get those pants off you," Remi said to Dusk with a wink. He slapped him on the butt, dragging everyone into the shadows at the same time. The journey was easier this time. The sun was setting and the shadows more longer, denser. The end location was also far easier to find, given that he was just aiming for home, and all the kind of shady recesses that he kept open.
Stepping out of the shadows and into their kitchen, Remi sipped at his coffee. Still drinkable, though the stretched time had leeched some of its warmth.
Mr Moon was waiting.

(That ok? Dunno if you wanted to put him in somewhere else but this seemed fun)

"Ah, so I see your all finally back from your little trip..." he says in an scarily non-chalant tone. To their left, a buffet of various types of food was displayed on the long dining table and directly ahead of them behind the counter of the island stood Mr. Moonglade; Seemingly flipping pancakes.
Duskly's heart sank immediately as he saw the centaur with his back turnt to them. Oh god...
"So, not too long after the rain stopped, I noticed things got particularly quite over here... At first, I just figured y'all were taking the time to greet welcome our new additions to the ranch. Then I sent Rebecca over just to make sure things were fine and that's when the huge red flag came up." Placing the finished fluffs of bread, he adds them onto what must be the largest jumble of pancakes to be ever crammed on a plate and turns revealing the very dissaproving look Dusk was afraid of only, there was an ting of worry as well. "But before I get to fussing, I want to know what happened. Are any of you hurt? Where did you go and how many people saw your gifts?" he half sighs.
(I'd actually planned for that'd to have happened)

Back