Mr. Moonglade's Extraordinary Orphanage

Osiria let out a high-pitched snort when she glanced over her shoulder and saw Catboy’s face. He looked rather disgruntled, although going by his previous actions, he was probably going for intimidating. She looked forward again, and began to wonder what she could buy in the mall. Ice cream? Drinks? Food? Clothes? Despite being a teenager, Osiria actually did still enjoy certain toys too. She had plenty of money, although she’d never worked a real job. Osiria had gotten a lot of it from when she was out on the streets. She had her ways...

Dusk looked around momentarily before quickly catching up with the rest of the group. Something...something feels wrong here, and I can't put my thumb on it. It seemed a little too easy, brushing everything off just like that. I wonder if anyone saw us just appear like that... The teens heartbeat quickened as he'd begun murmuring constant thoughts and possibilities of things going wrong. I've never felt this kind of anxiety before...something is definitely wrong....

"My turn next," Remi quipped when Madi got onto Catboy's back. They were travelling in an odd troupe. It wasn’t like it wasn't a regular occurrence to see a gang of teens invading the mall, even dragging someone's little sister along. It wasn’t like anyone was actually going to look at them and think they were a bunch of escaped orphans with superpowers. According to the world at large, they didn’t exist, after all. The walk was short before thy strode across asphalted carparks and concrete sidewalks into the automatic doors of the mall. "Food court first," Remi said, heading them towards it. He slipped his phone out of his pocket. There were two texts. Thumbing them open, he didn’t pay attention to whether or not the othes were following him, or who had noticed their entrance. It was a mall. No-one cared who came or went, least of all the bored shopowners who didn't want teens in their shops anyway.
Sure! I'm already there.
The second text came with an image Remi hadn't asked for, and raised an eyebrow at. Who had taught him that? Are you here yet?
Remi smirked. Is that supposed to impress me? I'm at the food court. He glanced up at Dusk, who looked very anxious about something, and Xylia, who had an excited gleam to her eye. Don't take too long. I've got shit to do.
"I need lunch and some kind of juice with coconut in it," Remi declared as they neared the food court.

"Coconut? Why do you specifically need coconut?" Kardia mused, half to xemself and half actually to Remi. "Is it important?" Or was it just the taste? Xe could never tell with others. They didn't explain their food choices a lot.

"And... lunch?" Xe had seen him eat an apple earlier on. Was that not enough for most people? Xe could survive on maybe one meal a day at most, although it made xir mind so foggy. Was Remi at the limit?

Maybe it was just xem. Xe had a tendency to just forget.

Haji followed along, trying to stay in the middle of the group to avoid stares. Girls in medieval looking Cloaks tended to get attention. She focused mainly on not looking at any mirrors so that she didn't drop her Bufli disguise.
"How much longer?" She asked to no one in particular.

“Hmmm well I’m not particularly hungry so I’m going to look around.” She announced, amazed by the amount of stores in the mall. This was definitely the biggest mall she’s been to in the states and she couldn’t wait to start. Looking at Madi on her familiars back, she smiled and stood a little closer to them. Just as she was about to suggest swaping numbers with everyone, she made eye contact with a very attractive, brown eyed guy exiting the shoe store next to them. He looked older than her by at least 3 years with long, shaggy hair and a nose piercing. Blushing, she looked away and focused back on the group. “Maybe we could exchange numbers and split off into some smaller groups for a bit and then meet up in one of the stores?” She said looking down before sneaking a glance at the spot where the boy once stood.

Madi was the only thing keeping her cat from speaking up by that point, the girl tugging on his shirt collar whenever he was close to cussing someone out. But at this point, she tugged on his collar for a different reason. Excitement. Small groups were what she worked best in, and she already knew which one she wanted to join.

She clambered down from Dageru's shoulders, and immediately tugged the reluctant cat towards Xylia. She was the one doing the actual shopping, that was the fun part! It was no use going to a place like a mall without actually shopping.

Haji searched the group for anyone she would be comfortable with. So many of them were new. Remi or Dusk would be the best choices, maybe Madi... But she already has a group. Remi or Dusk. She moved quietly closer to the two. Her eyes scanned the nearby crowds, and saw that Xylia was staring at someone. Strange. She tilted her head, wondering why she would be staring at anyone. They all look equally as bland to Haji.

Remi put a hand on Kardia's shoulder. "Because coconut is god's gift to this earth and it transforms any drink from mall bought junk to heavenly."
At Xylia's suggestion, Remi shrugged. He knew his way around the mall and he knew they wanted to explore. He did want to go and help Xylia with her decor choices but she did also want to get Dusk into a clothes shop. No reason they couldn’t meet up in either of those stores. He grabbed for Xylia's phone, swiping himself in and inputting his number. He took a smoldering selfie and set it as his picture. "Text me," he said, handing it back. Xylia, however, seemed somewhat distracted. He followed her gaze to an older boy coming out of a store across the way. He cocked his head to the side. Not bad. "You have good taste, darling," he told her. So that's why she wanted to split up for a while. He barely stifled a laugh when Madi instantly attached herself to Xylia. "Good luck to you in your endeavour, my love." While Madi was gnerally good company, maybe not what you wanted while you were on the prowl.
"Alright, I'm going to find food," he said. "Dusk and Haji, we can go clothes shopping after that. Text me your number Xylia! I need to see your decor choices."
It never fully occurred to him that Dusk and Haji might not do that. Stepping back into the thick shadows, he vanished. No-one would have seen him from within the gang of teenagers. He materialised around the dark bend on the way to the toilets, where people would assume he was just a bit strange coming from a dead end. The junior was waiting. Remi smirked.

Fifteen minutes later he walked back towards the group with a juice in one hand, a burrito in the other, and suspiciously red lips. He sipped his drink. Oh, good amount of coconut.

“Sounds good.” She said, winking at Remi for agreeing with the guy she had seen. Once Remi disappeared, she began to walk down the crowded aisle, playing with her hair absentmindedly as she scanned the stores for decor. She would do that first and then hit up the clothing stores. “Hey Madi, would you like to get some things while we’re here too? Don’t say no because I’m buying and who doesn’t need some new things every now and then?” Spotting a boho themed store called ‘Earthbound’ and headed in. Taking in the soft scent of sage and rose as they browsed through the store. Grabbing a basket, she headed to the corner where they had household items and ran a hand along the throws and comforter sets they had. After a few minutes, she decided on an emerald green bed set and matching pillows, 3 gold throw pillows, and some decorative lights bulbs on a burlap string and turned to Madi, “Find something here or are you waiting until we go to the clothing shops?” She asked snapping a picture and sending it to Remi for approval. She still needed to get a rug and some small figurines to go with her room, she can make some furniture out of vines when she gets back.

Madi was honestly overwhelmed at first. She just followed Xylia to the store she wanted to go into and dragged Dageru after her. Shopping was a big undertaking, especially with someone who clearly had a plan already. And Madi had never been to a store like this one. She was pretty sure there was a video game with the same name, though...

On top of all that, Xylia offered to buy her things. That was something Madi would insist on not bothering her for, a trait her companion shared, but the pretty teenager was clearly not going to take no for an answer. So Madi made sure Dageru didn't raise a fuss, and otherwise stuck to his side as they wandered the store. Madi tried not to stick to Xylia, figuring the older girl would want her space, so she led her cat through the store largely on her own.

By the time the duo met back up, Madi only had one item in her hands, but she considered that enough of a victory on its own. When Xylia asked what she had, she held the object out to show her. It was a beaded bracelet, that was apparently supposed to bring good luck according to the label. Madi liked good luck charms, especially because she was trying to figure out how to make them work for real.

Last edited:
Looking at what Madi showed her, she smiled sweetly at her. “That’s beautiful Madi.” She had noticed that Madi and her familiar kept their distance as she shopped and she didn’t get a chance to ask their opinions for the decor. “What do you guys think about this?” She asked, holding up the items in question. Xylia examines the bracelet in Madi’s hand and thought ‘How cute would it be if her familiar had one as well?’ Glancing at the section she found that bracelet in, she made a mental note to go back that way before she checked out.

Madi broke out into a smile when Xylia approved her choice in something to buy, but her eyes flat-out lit up when the older girl showed her the decor she'd picked out. The kid gasped lightly at all the super pretty greens and golds, and clapped her hands in lieu of words to show her approval. That stuff was perfect for Xylia! She had pretty red hair and plant magic, so this stuff worked great for her!

Dageru looked like he could care less what Xylia wanted to put in her room, but the guarded air he'd put on softened a bit when Madi got so excited over it. If it made her happy, then being in such a crowded place just to obtain material things... wasn't all bad. Still not good by any means, but not all bad.

Oh my god, im so upset. Im failing to be a host simply because my notifications for this thread won't pop up! Sorry once again guys. I have a plan though :3. From here on out, no one can find Dusk, that is until everyone is about to leave later on. n)

Last edited:
Osiria made a beeline for the ‘Homeless’ shop located at the other end of the floor. Strolling in, she began to browse. As she looked, Osiria chewed on her lip, unsure of what to choose.

A while later, she had settled on three sets. Controller pillows and matching gameboy sheets, a blue and purple ombre set, and a black and white set with a forest pattern. Hell, she’d have to change sheets eventually, right? Stopping by a few beanbags, Osiria began to wonder if she could get stuff delivered. Maybe she could even get it free... time to get to work.

Ten minutes later, Osiria marched out with a large plastic bag, and a beanbag, a closet, a desk, and shelves being delivered in a few days. Satisfied, she headed for the ice cream parlour.

"I'll just stay he-" Kardia's attention was caught quickly, oddly enough, by a store. A café, maybe. It seemed pretty empty, enough that xe might be able to stop blaring xir music and just sit down. Perfect. Plus, there were books, and there was food, and- why was it so empty? It looked, barring the odd decor on the walls, perfect.

Taking a closer look at the decor, xe realised why. It was covered in what she supposed most teenagers would call Illuminati images. People were steering their children away from it like it was a cliff's edge.

Well, that would be alright. Everything looked fairly cheap, too. Xe headed to the store, properly named The Three Brothers according to the sign, and pulled a book from one of the offered shelves. Something about the history of human weapons? Xe would happily go to the mall for more of this.

Pulling his phone out again, Remi ate half his burrito and swiped over the pictures from Xylia. Interesting choices. He liked them. He glanced once more around the area. No-one was around. He called Xylia. "Beautiful choices darling. You should pick up a mirror if you want one. Where are you?"
He wondered vaguely where the others were, but didn't particularly care. He was still in a good place after his midday rendezvous. It was going to take him a bit to get shaken out of it. He started heading to Sephora, knowing he would be heading in about the right direction for any of the homeware and personal care. He felt a little more centred now, after the break from the orphans. Less guilty. Less responsible for them. And just that extra connection, even a superficial one such as the junior rendezvous, gave him a little bit of something. Everything had settled now. He felt more in control of the situation.

Last edited:
Smiling, Xylia answered her phone, beaming at Remi’s complement. “A place called Earthbound.” She answered, looking around to double check it. Agreeing with his suggestion for the mirror, she spotted one right by where Madi had gotten her bracelet. Perfect, I can grab one without her seeing it and get the mirror. Just as she headed in that direction, she bumped into something solid and tall, dropping her phone and everything in her hands. “Oh, I’m so so sorry!” She gushed, her accent seeping through as she spoke. Bending down, she gathered everything up in her arms again and stood, only to realize that the person she bumped into was holding her phone. Looking up, she bit her lip. Somehow she had ran into the guy from earlier, his chocolate eyes staring into hers.
“No, no. It was my fault,” Brown eyes chuckled a lovely deep sound, revealing a deep dimple in his right cheek. “I wasn’t paying attention to where I was walking.” Blinking, Xylia just looked down, momentarily lost for words.
“Want your phone back?” He asked, swiping down on the conversation and programming his phone number in. “I guess since I bumped into you, I can at least make up for it with dinner.” Saving his number under ‘V’, he returned to the screen that showed Remi still on the line and handed it to her.
“Uh, um, yeah. I’m uh, Xylia.” She stumbled, grazing the back of his hand as she took her phone back. “This is Madi and Dageru.” Adjusting the clump of items in her arms, she nodded to the other members in her group.
“Dope name. Well I gotta go but text me about the dets. for dinner. I am a man of my word.” He said, walking backwards as he talked to her. She couldn’t muster a word while he walked out of the store and just smiled awkwardly until he was out of hearing range. Looking back at Madi and Dageru with wide, panicked eyes, she asked them, “What are dets.?” Shamelessly admitting her lack of knowledge of modern American slang. If they didn’t know, she was sure Remi would fill her in, given that he had heard the whole thing from the other line.

"Oh my god," Remi said around a mouthful of burrito, heading down another aisle towards Earthbound. "Who was that?" he demanded. "Wait, was that nose stud?"
Finishing his burrito, he dropped his rubbish into the bin as he walked past. "Details, woman, the boy wants details!"
He walked into the store, mussing Madi's hair as he arrived. He glanced around. He knew the place vaguely, and he was pretty sure the leather band on his right wrist had been from there. He'd never known. It had been a gift from some boy trying to impress him. He'd taken the band, dropped the boy.
He arrived in time to see the nose stud boy leave the shop. He nodded in appreciation.

Xylia saw Remi walk in, vaguely hearing him from the phone in her hand. She had never actually spoken to a guy that she liked. She’s never even been on a date before so how was she supposed to respond to this? She had had some small crushes in her child hood but she wasn’t usually pretty enough to get noticed and the children always teased her about her feckless and red hair. Maybe it was just because she was getting older and started dressing herself. What ever it was, she was greatful. “Details for the dinner?” She asked, raising her eyebrows at them. Hmm would that mean she had to drive to the dinner? Maybe she could cook it at the house and invite him over. She was a fair cook and she’s never had dinner with just one person out side of her friends. Could she invite people to join them or was that some sort of no-no? Before she got too distracted, she looked at Madi and they turned, heading towards they mirror, successfully picking up another bracelet without them seeing and grabbing the black over the door mirror and then returning to them.

Back