"Because her charm is gonna be the death of me" Tyrian chuckled as he joined Kestral, stepping back to let her fold her wings and get comfortable. She was definitely a woman he would keep his eye on, more to her than it seemed at first. Besides, if he's going to spend weeks on the sea, better to send it with someone interesting. "I think they serve food this way" As he said this, he gingerly took hold of her hand to lead the way, casually looking to the Dwemer to see if he would follow as Tyrian walked. "And if I remember correctly, it's a big room" Tyrian gave her a courteous wink and gestured to her wings.

She turned back to Glacir, saying in a hushed tone "When you're used to wide open spaces, just about anything less than airy begins to feel like a cage. You would understand this if you had limbs like extra arms that stretched out on either side of you as far as you are tall." She felt self-conscious talking about her wings like this, the feathery appendages shuffling as if they had a life of their own and were now reacting to being put in the spotlight. Tyrian proposed that he knew where to go, taking the female's smaller hand in his larger one and leading the way. Any of the previous bravado she had felt before at beating him at his own game faded away, the surprising action making her eyes widen. The green hues almost glowed in this low light, her bird-like vision trying to compensate for the lack of lamps to see by.

His wink made her feel even more self-conscious, the female not realizing that he had noticed how she needed to compensate for the ship's design. Her feather's ruffled more, the wings folding together without moving too much out of their compacted position. His contact with her, the feeling of his rough palm covering her fingers, was something unusual for her. As a soldier, she hadn't been involved in much physical contact unless it was sparring of sorts. This was....different. Pleasantly different, she realized. "Well then, if the room is large on top of it then I can't wait to get there." Kestral's stomach rumbled at that exact moment, making her place her free hand on top of it as if that might quieten it.

As they walked, Tyrian's tail moved back and forth, grazing her leg as well as the wall with how active it was. In a way, Tyrian's tail was sort of like a body part specifically for him to channel his impatience and other uncontrollable feelings into, materialising as energy to make his fuffy obstruction the most destructive force to ever grace household items. "You okay? You're making some pretty strange faces" His tone was teasing, as he slowly looked at her, letting on that he was noticing her facial reactions to him, and he was enjoying it. "Something ruffling your feathers?" To push forward with her squirming, he slowly ran his thumb up and down her knuckle, offering her another wink. Who was he to not make sure he lived up to any interested gazes?

The girl was caught up in her own thoughts, his tail brushing past her ankles as she walked. It distracted her, the swishing back and forth and the sound of the fur brushing against the floor was somewhat entrancing. He spoke though, making her look back up to him. Tyrian teased at her facial expressions, the female scowling and trying to think up some smart-ass retort to respond with. It was then then his thumb grazed the knuckles, the female realizing he was doing what he could to antagonize her. Perhaps he's getting me back for how I shot down his sale's pitch for the coat? She wondered, grinding her teeth together as the scowl deepened. Kestral wrenched her hand away, still walking behind him though as she spoke. "You don't need to lead me like a child. I could probably find the place on my own, it would only take a little longer than if you just show me."

As soon as the words left her, she realized she may have been a bit harsh. It was a bit late to take them back though and she also didn't know how else she could have halted him in his tracks with the way he was making her feel foolish. The female cast her eyes down, holding her hand in the other as if she could convince herself that he hadn't been touching it at all.

Last edited:
Her outburst was noted but did not deter Tyrian's attitude or dampen his smile, he turned to her, nodded patted her on the shoulder. "Apologies if I assumed that you required guidance when you revealed you didn't know the way this place" His hand slinked into his pockets and he offered her a light shrug, keeping the mood polite, casual and pleasent. "Just thought you'd feel better knowing you have company and a helping hand" He leaned closer, eyes upturned and head tilted. "But if you think that's treating you like a child, I'll understand. You can go and prove to me what a big adult you are if you wish" He was suddenly reminded of when he was five and kept getting angry when people treated the five-year-old like a five-year-old.

"You're sounding very condescending right now and I don't know how to feel about that," Glacir said. He had kept quiet while Tyrian was talking to Kestral up to this point, twirling his hammer in his hand.

She regretted her words. However, there was no chance that Kestral was going to admit this. She stuck out her bottom lip in irritation, crossing her arms over her chest. What frustrated her more was just how easily he had taken what she had said into his stride, apparently not at all perturbed by what she had said. He even responded back with a few slick words, not even vaguely letting his smooth charm and character slip even a little bit. "Guidance doesn't require hand holding last time I checked. You only have to lead the way...as much as it might shock you, I would have been able to follow even if you were five meters in front of me, my hearing is good enough for me to hear your tail grazing along these floor boards."

The female frowned, not sure she was more annoyed with the fact that she had been rude or because she had let his shenanigans get to her. The girl just let her thoughts continue to brew like a rising storm, the Dwemer suddenly speaking up. He had been so quiet, she had almost thought he was not here at all. "I'm inclined to agree with Glacir." She mumbled quietly, almost too inaudible for him to hear. Truth be told, she had been so used to being independent that needing help on this awfully cramped ship was making her antsy and uncomfortable. Whether it was that or rather the discomfort he had made her feel at running his thumb over her knuckles which had made her mood change so drastically she wasn't sure.

"If handholding was the problem, is it awfully strange that you didn't bring it up until now" He slung his arms behind his neck as he moved on, sending her another wink as he continued with "It almost sounds more like an excuse" He knew stubbornness when he saw it, hell, he could be one stubborn bastard when he was victorious in a game of wits, so he kept tot he basics. Always lead with confidence, don't let it seem like anything has registered badly. Smile, speak and watch their pretty little face come undone at the semes. "Condescending? I do not speak to belittle her, just to give her free reign to prove what she seems very adamant to prove" He was mostly telling the truth, none of his comments were ever intended to belittle or insult, just making light of a possible interest.

She knew he was a master at manipulating words. For this reason, Kestral understood it would be in her best interest not to provide any ammo for him to fill his pistol with. The girl tried her best the remain quiet, going as far as to bite her tongue to keep back her response. If he winked at her one more time though, she was going to have to do more than just bite her tongue to keep herself from commenting back on what he was saying. A sign caught her eye, the girl pointing to it in with some hope that it might relieve them of the awkwardness that had settled. "We're near the kitchen. It says so over there on that board." The thought of food led her to quicken her steps as well as the hope that some food might help lighten the mood.

The girl hurried along, entering into what appeared to be a dining hall of sorts with the tables set out in front of a kitchen. A sigh of relief, long and steady, left her as she was able to release the stiff way she held up her wings. Exhaustion was beginning to weigh on her, although the thought that she might go to sleep and not wake up a second time was bugging her immensely. One problem at a time Kez, worry about food first and rest later.

He let Kestral keep to silence as she realized he wouldn't budge and turned away from her, following the sign to where they could get some grub. He admired her spirit, though on reflection he felt that she was misunderstanding the intent behind his action adn words. Ah well, more fun in the grey area. "So... Forgot to ask. You were down with the Rot as well, right?" Soon, the trio had entered the room and was in the process of getting their food, Tyrian took this chance to ask Glacir about the moment prior to their meeting. "And you survived as well?" Tyrian looked back to Kestral for a moment with a raised brow, sharing a suspicion. Strange that so many would be as lucky to survive such an ordeal and recovering from it at almost the exact same time. Something smelled fishy and it wasn't just the ship.

Upon being addressed, Naiel's head swiveled around to meet the source of the noise. It was a Trayan girl, but that wasn't what held her attention. The woman seemed to gaze beyond her, at something behind the younger child. She shuffled in her furs and cloaks and took several steps closer to Teresa. Her eyes remained fixed at something beyond, and only the shifting of clothing, clinking of jewelry and creaking of the boat gave a response to the girl. Naiel's eyes did eventually drift to make contact with the visitor's, but only for a moment, then eyeing the girl's form, then returning to looking past her.

"Do you feel a burden on your shoulders? The spirits of the dead cling to you, like newborns to a mother. They call out your name. Are they lost loved ones, or victims?"

She stepped closer.

"Or perhaps, both?"

Kestral didn't like this awkward silence, finding that her thoughts were not very good company. She tended to over-think and over-analysis things and so being left alone to simply let her mind run wild was not the best thing. Tyrian spoke to Glacir while she tried to scrounge up some food, managing to find some leftover scraps from the previous meal that the kitchen had yet to throw out as well as a rarity on ships: fresh fruit. The feeling of the smooth apple skin beneath her fingers was somewhat riveting, the girl plonking down at a nearby table. She tried to find something to say, words that would cast aside some of this fragility she had created with her earlier actions.

Kez listened in to what they were saying, figuring that adding her own opinions on the matter was as good a way to start as any. "It's odd how we all just rose from the grave. We all must have looked very much like those other dead corpses if they were considering throwing us overboard." She revealed the apples to the pair, brandishing the fruit like it was some sort of jewel. "Anyone care for something other than gruel to eat? I brought one for each of us."

Ever since the dream, ever since all that irritation in his hand, there was something at the back f his mind showing him that he was being told something. "This isn't just odd, it's fucking convenient. Think about it! Multiple people come down with the same deadly disease at different times, a disease that kills most of the passengers it infects. not only do we all happen to survive, we survive it at the same time, we get up at the same time. It's weird" Tyrian began eating what he assumed was gruel, passing on his apple to Kez after seeing how much she wanted some fruit. "I mean, next thing you know, it'll turn out we all had the same dream about a faceless man feeding us stars"

"Thank you," Glacir said, taking an apple. "If they were going to throw me overboard, they could have at least had the decency to keep my sword on my body...what happened, anyway? All I remember were sickening dreams, and suddenly I'm treated like a corpse?"

She pushed and prodded the grey-coloured food around on her plate, making a face at the mud-like consistency of the meal which looked somewhat like vomit. Kestral found her appetite diminishing the longer she tried to convince herself to eat it and so eventually gave up altogether. Instead, she focused on the apple, rubbing it along the sleeve of her jersey until it shone. When Tyrian was kind enough to offer her his, she felt a little worse about what had happened earlier. Perhaps I did overreact....but why did I even react at all? She was baffled by her earlier feelings, but chose instead to focus on the mystery Tyrian was placing before them.

"It is rather odd I think. The amount of coincidental events that happened all at the same time are just too much." She brought the apple to her lips, biting into it with a satisfying *crunch* which sent a sweet, fruity taste immediately bursting in her mouth. The girl chewed slowly, although nearly choked while swallowing when he mentioned the dream. She spluttered a little, coughing to loosen the pieces of fruit that had almost lodged in her throat. "A faceless man with a pot of stars? Was he also in this cloudy room and fed you some of the starlight which was in the pot?" The girl was freaking out a little, her interest in the apple suddenly lost.

Back