Nightly Wonders.

She arches a brow at him. "No, I don't hate them. Am I a bit annoyed at the one that attacked me yes but I don' hate them just because of what one did or others have done to me. They are all not the same."

He let out a small sigh of relief and relaxed more. "I like you miss, you're so kind. If you don't mind me asking, just what species are you? Are you human?"

She tenses at his question and looks away from him. She focused on the fire for a moment as she made sure it was still going and warm for him.

Finally she said. "I'm not a human. " she says.

"You're not?" He turned to her, sitting on his knees and holding out his hand. "I'm not either so it's okay." He smiled. "We can be non-human buddies! I won't tell!"

She smiles a little and nods a bit. "We can do that." She smiles again then nods as she looks around. "We should be safe here...we should get some sleep.."

He put his hand down on his lap and nodded. "Okay!" Slowly, he curled up next to the fire and closed his eyes. "I guess I'll see you in the morning?" One eye opened. "You won't leave me here, will you?"

She smiles softly to him. "I won't leave you here." She says as she lays down as well. She closes her eyes as she starts to drift off to sleep.

She slept very soundly for a while. Her body had settled a bit.

As morning peaked though, a hand closed around her neck and slammed her against the tree.

Another figure stood over the boy with a blade at his neck.

"Well well well look what we found here. The rouge angel who refused to follow orders."

He frowned, squirming a moment and then allowing his eyes to flutter open. His eyes widened in fear as he looked up to the figure and then the other. Hearing his words his eyes grew even more. "Y. . .You're. . . .a-an. . . ." He began to tear up. "You ARE with them, aren't you?" he asked, starting to shake. Who were these people? He didn't know, but he was terrified of every angel. He never wanted to be near one again. Were these figures angels too?

The two males had their wings tucked against their backs for the moment. The male by him kept the blade to his neck. The male's name was Marzic and the other's name was Taric.

Taric smirks coldly as he kept his grip on her throat. Then he turns suddenly and throwing her into the trunk of the tree hard enough for it to crack.

Marzic smirks as well. "Our baby sister is no angel. She can't even kill a demon." He snorts.

She grimaced and moves to sit up a little.

Taric growls. "Weak. We finish with the demon in town and find you out here bedded down with this thing." He shakes his head.

"Please don't kill me. . . ." His shaking hands moved up to grip Marzics wrist. "I won't hurt anyone I promise. . .Please. . . please I'm not like my parents. . . ." Tears filled up his orange and red eyes, sparkling. "Please. . .I'll be good. . ."

Marzic jerked out of his grip and growled at him. "Pathetic."

Taric shakes his head. "Lets be done with this. Little sis you have crossed the line this time."

She didn't move as he held the blade to her neck and prepared to slice her with it. She didn' have to move as the fire suddenly exploded and flames slammed full force into her brothers knocking them back several feet.

Moving then suddenly she grabbed the boy's hand and as the wind rushed through the forest, they disappeared from sight. They reappeared several long miles away. She staggered and fell to her knees.

Upon her back were her wings. They were a soft mix of greens at the edges with some brown and soft whites.

He flinched and whimpered, crying softly. He yelped in surprise at the sudden explosion and screamed when he was grabbed. He trembled and bawled as she fell down and truly didn't know what to do. Should he help her? But. . . .she's an angel. But. . . He stood there, frozen and terrified for at least a few minutes.

Once calmed down a little, he took one step forward but paused again. Then, slowly, he made his way forward. If she was bad, she probably would have killed him, right? So. . .He reached down, shakily touching one of her wings. "Mm. . . .M-Miss. . . ."

She flinched slightly when he touched her wing. Her breathing was heavy , her head resting on her forearms as she tries to calm herself down.

It took her a few more minutes before she could respond to him. " Im sorry...usually they can't find me when I hide from them..." She sits up a little and grimaced slightly. There was a small knick in her neck where her brother's blade had cut her.

He flinched when she finally sits up and then quickly fell back on his but, scooting away, tears still heavy. ". . . . .Why didn't you kill me?" he asked, shaking. "Y-You're an angel. . . . .y-you could easily but. . . .I don't understand. . . .Angels hate demons. . . . .don't they? So why. . ."

Sadness was in her eyes as she looks at him. "I am not like my brothers. What I told you earlier is the truth. I don't hate all demons. I don't kill all demons just because I'm told to."

She glances to her wings. "I believe in life. All life."

He frowned, sniffling and then looked down rubbing his eyes. "I was so scared. . . . ." He started to walk forth, one hand reaching out to her. "Thank you. . . . thank you. . ."

Back