Jeremi

The Convergence Series GM
As they said their goodbyes, and surprisingly with Kronya with them, they'd go outside and see that Sodom was done packing up and even with the mask on they could tell he seemed mighty pleased with himself. "There you are!" He motioned to them. "For the first day we did surprisingly well!" He held up a bag with whatever was considered currency here. "Here's to tomorrow being as fortuitous! So? What did you guys get into in there?"

@Yun Lee

Yun Lee

Soaring White Dragon
Administrator
"A business deal," Alex replied, nodding at approval at their earnings. "We got a choice location for tomorrow inside the arena for 90% of our sales, plus Kronya an' I are gonna try to bring in more in the arena."

@Jeremi

Jeremi

Tifa looked at Sodom's eyes widen when she cut in. "I think was Felix said that he'd take 10%, leaving us with 90%."

"Oh...that sounds way better!" Sodom sighed in relief. "Better get our stuff back to the truck and call it a day! Maybe there's a hotel or something because..." Sodom looked at the road as a crocodile lazily walked over the road. "I don't think it's safe to sleep outside."

@Yun Lee

Yun Lee

Soaring White Dragon
Administrator
"Want me to take a look around? Thst way we don't leave the truck out by itself in a new place." People were still people, even back in the old days, and if there was one thing people liked above all else it was free stuff. No matter how they got their hands on it...

@Jeremi

Jeremi

"I can tag along," Tifa replied smiling. "You and Kronya can take care of this can't you?" She looked over to Sodom and then to Kronya.

"Oh! I uh...I suppose..." Sodom looked over to Kronya who just shrugged.

"Fine, whatever you maggots. I'll help him."

"Great! See you both later!" With that Tifa took Alex along to check out the neighborhood. There was a lot of building on the waterside but it was hard to tell what was resident housing and what could potentially be a place of business. Soon enough though they found a house that seemed to have a lot of people inside. It looked like a tavern of some sort but perhaps they sold rooms as well?

@Yun Lee

Yun Lee

Soaring White Dragon
Administrator
Pretty nice spot, if not lacking in stuff to do. No wonder that arena seemed so popular... "Let's check that place out, yeah?" Alex nodded over towards the crowded building. "All that dough we made today may get us somethin' at least."

@Jeremi

Jeremi

"If they rent rooms they can't have that high prices, right?" Tifa asked as they entered the tavern. As it looked from the outside the place was rather lively with patrons sitting at tables and drinking or having a friendly chat.

The bartender was a burly sort with a mustache who was wiping down the bar desk acting like he was busy.

@Yun Lee

Yun Lee

Soaring White Dragon
Administrator
Alex patted his pockets, looking for some spare cash. A few of those red gem things he'd gotten from when he helped some folks fight off a weird lion-horse thing he put on the bar. Hopefully gems were valuable enough to get this guy's attention.

@Jeremi

Jeremi

The man's hand stopped cleaning as his eyes noticed the gems placed on the bar His eyes widened when he realized what they were and looked up to who had placed them. He'd be met by Alex and Tifa giving him a friendly smile. "Hi! We're travelers and we were wondering if you'd have four beds for us for the night?"

The barkeep looked at them, down at the gems and back up to them. "If that is your payment I would offer you the entire upper floor!" He exclaimed jovially looking to Alex if he could take the gems. "Travelers, huh? We don't have many of those here...not since the Gods punished us."

@Yun Lee

Yun Lee

Soaring White Dragon
Administrator
Cool! Alex would have to remember to find more of those things when he had the chance. But then the bartender mentioned a punishment. Oh boy...this had better not be something he'd regret furthering. "Yeah, the Melding seemed to screw all of us up. But business looks like it's boomin' here, even without travelers."

@Jeremi

Jeremi

"Life always goes on, praise Sobek!" The tavern owner replied in a more jovial tone. "We have adapted, but there are still fields to plow, gods to worship, spectacles in the arena! The people of Egypt are strong and we will persevere!"

@Yun Lee

Yun Lee

Soaring White Dragon
Administrator
Egypt? Holy crap. He was in ancient Egypt! "Amen to that, brother!" Alex said, glad to see things were perking up. "Now uh, about those rooms...we got four folks with us."

@Jeremi

Jeremi

"That will be no trouble!" He exclaimed. "We have two rooms with two beds for you! For your payment, It will pay for three nights of room and board."

"Sounds perfect," Tifa remarked. "I and Kronya can take one while you and Sodom take the other."

"So," The barkeep asked with a smile. "Do we have a deal?"

@Yun Lee