Olympian's Blood 1x1

The short girl turned on her first and Maroe did her best to look calm, meeting the firey gaze back, with her own solid stubborness. This was th sneaky one. "I was a attacked and I dealt with it. Now, I don't think you were quite paying attention, but I was looking for you three. I think I saw your guy. He was headed for Queens."

"Where is your injury...? Show us now." Chloe demanded. She wasn't born yesterday, and was calling her bluff. Simon and Ben looked between the two girls. They seemed rather on edge, like something was about to happen, both standing completely still in the lightly falling snow... Maybe if Maroe would never respond, they would be there forever, staring until something happened...

Theo was silently cursing himself for getting charmed by Lamia... for Maroe is now taking the fall.

"Ppffft, you've got a real annoying sense of entitlement," Maroe replied rolling her eyes, "Not to mention, you're busy interrogating me when I came looking for you, when you should be headed to Queens. But if you insist."

She pulled off her pink knitted tobbagan to show off the cut on her head, angry red and purple bruised. "Satisfied, short stack?"

Chloe's eye seemed to twitch as Maroe insulted her...

"Don't insult me again, unless you have a death wish. This is your first and last warning. She hissed, glaring daggers at Maroe, her clutch on her dagger made her knuckles grow white.

"Alright..." Simon interjected before anymore words could be said. He looked at Maroe, asking:

"Did he say where in Queens? We could be searching for months and not find the criminal." Simon asked, more or less indifferent towards Maroe.

"Then don't think you can intimidate me or interrogate me and we won't have a problem," Maroe replied, with a cold tone. Her eyes flicked to Simon as he asked in a strange, almost deadpan voice. "I didn't walk up and say hello, I just saw a guy...matter of fact...he looks a bit like you now that I think about it...he was walking across the bridge. What exactly did this guy do? Should I be trapping my door? "

"Quite possibly. He... He slain a camp full of demigods... and... destroyed the entire camp... His name is Theo... and he has offended the gods by slaying dozens of their children. He must be brought forth." Simon said, gritting his teeth.

"If not for him, we'd have a safe place to take refuge from the monsters." Ben said, gritting his teeth. Chloe nodded gravely, and they all looked at each other, commiserating, for they could not fathom the task of slaying an entire camp... of fellow demigods.

"Look... There's no point of staying here. We have to go looking for Theo." Chloe growled, waving the two others over as she began walking south to Queens with her two friends."

Theo was shocked. Maroe would never trust him again, the three of them tarnishing his name like that. He was shivering due to the cold, and his sweater was ripped to shreds... Theo never did anything to any camp, or at least he didn't remember... his memory was terrible, and it may have been a suppressed memory of his... but that detail wouldn't be mentioned to Maroe. He watched the three leave, and his eyes drifted to Maroe...

There had been a camp of them? How many demi gods were there in the world? This was news and it made her feel a bit small and idiotic depsite her more amazonian frame. If the camp had been full of demi-gods like the last 4 she met it must have taken something incredibly powerful to wipe them out. Though, why the gods would care she didn't know. The gods didn't seem to care about much of anybody when they did something, least of all their children.

Maroe watched the three as they walked away without giving her a chance to ask anymore questions which was both annoying and frustrating all at once. Let them look in Queens all they wanted. There was a spot of guilt for sending them on a wild goose chase, because they were not gods but people who had lost everything looking for the suspect. With a long breath, she unclenched her shaking fists and shoved the toboggan back over her ears, before marching off to her apartment.

It didn't take long for Maroe to grab her go-bag and head off toward the train station where Theo was supposed to meet her. She had some questions to ask of her own.

Theo was worried, for he didn't want her trust to be nullified by the sudden slander the three demigods said about him... How in the gods' names could he do such a thing? The worry was spread all over his face, and his pace was quickened, walking to the crowded streets of Manhattan. He pushed past crowds of people, somehow unable to notice the sword on his side, and made it to the train station, shivering as he waited on a metal bench for Maroe... What would he do? What would he say? He can't just say 'I don't remember'. People don't just forget the mass murders they've committed... He put his head in his hands, trying to get his thoughts together, scowling at the snow...

Maroe walked through the cold, hitching her bag a little higher on her shoulders as she made her way to the train station. Her mind kept going over the words she'd heard, trying to reason them out as the dirty know crunched under her boots. Finally, she bought her ticket and was allowed to enter the almost empty platform where she spied Theo with his head in his hands. Steeling her nerves, Maroe strode over, and in one smooth snatched up the collar of his tattered hoodie, forcing him to look her in the eye. "Did you do it?" she demanded fiercely.

Theo was taken by surprise as he was suddenly grabbed by the collar, pulled up to Maroe's face.

"Do... what?" He asked with feigned ignorance, looking anywhere but Maroe's eyes. He had been there behind a hedge near the Red Dragon, but he didn't want to tell her he'd been snooping around when he was supposed to be at the station...

He wouldn't look her in the eye and that told her more than one thing. "You're a really bad liar," Maroe growled, "Don't lie to me. I've saved that shifty-eyed face of yours at least 3 times by now and just lied for you." She dropped him back toward the bench and gave him a hard stare. "They told me you killed a whole camp full of demi-gods. Is. it. true."

"I don't know, okay!" Theo exclaimed... a small part of him thought it was a possibility since he couldn't remember much, especially before a few months ago.
"I can't remember. I know it sounds like a cop-out, but I can't explain it! I know it sounds like I'm lying, which is why I never wanted to tell you in the first place!" He cried, looking at Maroe for once, although with terror in his eyes... He was sure her response wouldn't benefit him, if she didn't just kill him on the spot. He shivered, scowling as he looked up at her one last time...

It wouldn't have been the first time she'd made a boy cry, a slightly shameful fact, but true nonetheless. "Okay," she replied simply, as she pulled her bag off one of her shoulders and unzipped it. Fumbling around she pulled out a green hoodie and flopped it into his lap. " I believe you, now put that on. It's cold and your old one looks kind of gross."

As she was zipping her bag up, the train lights appeared down the track, then the horn blew, declaring their ride had arrived.

Theo wiped his tears away, surprised by the sudden gift she gave him, and watched her with furrowing brows.

"That's it? No more questions or-or-or threats?" He asked, remembering her tangle with Chloe... However he wasn't aggressive or pushy like Chloe either... He almost grinned, feeling like he got off lucky. He watched the train pull in, and the horn still rang in his ear from a few moments ago. He felt very relieved that she wasn't growling at him or grabbing his collar/running from him/pointing a sword at his neck.

"And... Um... I was watching when you told the three of them to Queens... Thanks." He muttered, his voice level, you could hardly tell he was crying a minute ago.

"That's it," she said, firmly, "If the entire camp was full of people like us, I really don't think you'd be capable of doing something like that even if you wanted to."

When he mentioned having been watching her talk to the three hunters, she almost snapped at him. It was incredibly dumb to have followed her in the first place, and he'd also just admitted to have lied to her, though she had already pretty much figured that out. Rather than tell him, Maroe sighed and put her bag back on her shoulder as the train pulled into the station. "Lets go."

Hopping up the stairs and into the warm sleeper cabin was a relief. At least it was a nice spot and they would be on the move from both the hunters and the monsters for a little while. Maybe. She tossed her bag on to one bed and took a glance at Theo's side of the room. "Now that you know what your supposed crime is, what's your next move?"

"Well... if the three of them wanted me, because they are on a quest for my capture... Wouldn't we want to know who gave them the quest...?" Theo asked, following Maroe. He set his bag at the foot of his bed, taking his hoodie off, and cramming it into the bag, putting on the clean one that Maroe had given him. He took his sheath off, sword and all, and slid it under the bed. He stretched, sitting on the bed...

Maroe tugged off her scarf and hat, folding into her bag and then pulled off her brown peacoat along with the gloves. "It sounded like they wanted to do a lot more than capture....and I don't know anything about quests and who gives them. How does that work...and what was this camp? You seemed to at least remember it exists." She put her bag at the end of her bed, and laid back, folding her hands behind her head, only to realize her feet nearly hung off the end. Of course. With a little huff, she stole a glance a Theo. All of this screamed the work of a god, rather than a demi-god. Hell, her entire apartment had been put back together as if nothing happened and the spartoi actually managed to get inside. That alone was proof enough, but the guys memory seemed spotty at best. The train lurched as it began to roll out of the station, making the cars rattle as the tension tugged the along until they were chugging along at a decent speed.

"I don't understand. I've never been to any camp. Ever." Theo explained, frowning as he watched her relax. He looked at his own bed, recoiling at the lightly colored stain in the sheets.
He settled in, laying on the bed, smirking as his feet didn't hang off the edge of the bed, and kicked his shoes off.

"Hey Maroe. Don't you wish you were two feet shorter?" He asked, smiling at his own pun.

How could he not remember? A camp full of demi-gods seemed like it would memorable. Especially if he was accused of killing them all. Her thoughts were broken when he made a joke about her height.

Her face turned pink and she tossed her spare pillow at him, aiming for his face with a light chuckle. "Nah, not if I get to be taller than you, water boy."

"What?" He smiled, throwing the pillow in retaliation. "I'm just the right height for my age!" He complained, bouncing and hitting his head against the wall as the train lurched.

Back