Olympian's Blood 1x1

"I can't help it you look short to me," she snickered, both at what he said and the fact he bumped his head. Then she realized she didn't actually know how old Theo was, or much else about him. "I mean, I am 17 so its good bet you'll catch up.... Maybe."

She picked up the wayward pillow and tucked it under her head in victory.

"I'm... a teenager. Dunno how old, Can't even remember my own birthday." He muttered. "I don't even remember when I stumbled into New York..." He muttered, staring at the floor sadly, bringing the blanket over his shoulder... He sighed softly, wondering if he'd ever uncover his lost past... He'd also know why the Olympians wanted him dead...

"Hmmm..." Maroe sighed, noting how glum he had turned again. Then a little smile spread over her lips. "Could always give you a birthday, what about April 1st? You won't forget it that way." Her stomach it gave a growl and her head dropped back to the pillow in irritation before she sat up. "I'm going to the dining car for a snack. Hungry?"

Theo looked up at her gratefully.
"Alright. but I never liked April. She was too hot." He smiled at his own pun, and stood after she offered food.

"Oh my gosh, foo-" He was saying, before the train lurched a third time, causing him to fall onto her bed next to her. Something had landed on the roof of the car. Then in a piercing screech, black talons sprouted out of the roof of the car, swiftly cutting through the metal train car, screeching as there was a huge gash in the roof. Two more sets of talons sprouted out of the ceiling, slicing gashes along the perimeter of the car. then a pair of clawed hands ripped off the roof of the car. It was three ancient goddesses.

They were three beautiful goddesses, perched on the train looking down at the two of them with beady eyes. They wore cloth himations over simple chintons. they were slender and tall, with dark bat wings tucked behind them. On the end of their fingers, their nails were elongated into black talons, ready for killing. Their eyes were black, blood running down their cheeks from their eyes like tears down their pale faces. They had fangs in their snarling mouths, dripping with blood, their disheveled hair was long and unkempt, like dark strands of tangled silk.

Maroe grinned, not so much for his joke, but for his agreement to make his birthday April First. That was going to be fun. Suddenly, she stumbled back onto her bed as the train car gave a violent shudder followed by the ear splitting screech of twist metal. A hole sheared away at the roof letting in a sudden rush of frigid wind with snow swirling.

Maroe pushed her hair out of her face and scrambled to her feet once she saw the bat-women looking down on them. Her cold fingers fumbled with her whip as she glared upward. "Damned monsters," she hissed under her breath before calling out, "Who are you?!"

Last edited:
"We are the Erinyes, the infernal goddesses, servants of Hades." One of the goddesses turned to Theo, and snarled: "It's time you've come to the underworld. Hades isn't very happy with you at all." She snarled, Flicking her wrist. A black leather whip materialized in her hand, extending out at least six feet. The whip immediately caught flames, and the other two goddesses did the same, snarling, and baring their fangs at the two demigods from outside of the moving car. Theo stepped forward.

"I won't be going to the Underworld anytime soon, Alecto. Stand down, and you and your sisters will not be hurt..." He said boldly, drawing his bronze sword. The three goddesses looked at each other, before wailing into the night with laughter.

"You and your half-blood freak are going to kill three goddesses? That, I'd like to see. My sisters Megaera is Tisiphone will tear your friend apart, and I will make you watch." She cried, before lashing her flaming whip at Theo. Luckily, he dodged, and the whip hit a bedside lamp, exploding the bulb and scattering glass shards below their feet.

The moment Theo stood up was the moment two thoughts ran through Maroe's head. 1. You know these weirdos? 2. Where the heck was all this pluck earlier? The guy was like a totally different person, drawing his sword with confidence to challenge the batwomen...oh...messengers of Hades....She grit her teeth a the comment about 'freak' and then further bristled when they talked about ripping her to shreds. "No way in hell," she growled.

The one holding the flaming whip snapped out the bulb on the lamp, pitching them into moonlight only from the ripped open train car. Theo would never reach them with a sword, but she could. Glaring up at the first to attack, she uncoiled her metal whip and flicked it out snapping it around the demon's ankles. "You're not the only one with a whip lady!" With a hard jerk, she pulled the woman's foot from under, and started dragging her into the hole. "Get her Theo!"

Last edited:
As Alecto came crashing down, Theo plunged his sword into her back, sprouting out of her chest, covered in the golden blood of the gods... Alecto clutched her wound, before glaring at Maroe, cursing at her... Then, a moment later, her body went limp and she melted into the shadows, disappearing to reform in the underworld. The other two goddesses whipped their whips at Maroe, wrapping around her wrists. As soon as the whips made contact, the whips burned her skin, feeling as if they were made of molten lead. They pulled Maroe forward, lashing out with their fangs and talons, their hair transformed into snakes, spitting and biting at Maroe. Theo grit his teeth, leaping and tackling Megaera, knocking the goddess to the ground.

Tisiphone was right on top of Maroe, baring her yellow fangs, her tears of red blood dripping onto Maroe. Her head morphed into the head of a black hound with eyes like red coals, snapping at Maroe's face. Meanwhile, Megaera grabbed Theo by the shoulders with her talons, digging into his flesh, making him roar as the bite from Lamia was reopened, and she began flying out of the hole in the roof.

Maroe screamed when the whips lashed around her pale wrists. They did worse than leave welts, but burned like fire, right to the bone. The two remaining monsters dragged her forward, but she dug in her heels until Theo leapt for one. His tackle made one of the whips drop, but she was still captured by the third. It forced her down, then pounced on top, dripping blood over her as it face morphed into a grotesque beast with yellow fangs. For a moment, she was paralyzed. She had no feel for the ground, nor any plants here. No abilities to connect with. Then she heard Theo yelling, which spurred her into action. Her free hand fumbled around until she found a piece of the broken light bulb and she smashed it into the monsters eyes. "Get off!"

Theo was wrestling the Furie in the air, trying to get out of her iron grip, digging into his shoulders. He quickly brought his fist upon her leg, causing her to drop him back into the car, making him fall hard on his back onto the shattered bulb. He groaned in pain, his arm flailing out for his bronze sword. He eventually made his finger tips wrap around the leather wrapped hilt of his bronze sword, and got back to his feet.

Megaera lunged at Theo with all of her might, brandishing her talons with an ugly snarl on her ancient looking face. She flew down into the dimly light car, but in a lightning fast flash of bronze, his sword sliced into her neck and exiting her side, her lifeless body tumbling to the floor, melting into the shadows, leaving nothing but a glistening spot of golden ichor.

Tisiphone was snarling and snapping at Maroe, but recoiled, and leaped back, off of Maroe when she saw the flash of bronze from the sword that killed her sisters, clawing Maroe's face with her talons. She bit her lip, before leaping into the air and roosting on what remained of the shredded roof of the train car, snarling at them both.

"We may have underestimated you, but mark my words you dirty blooded scum, I will not rest until you two are suffering in the depths of Tartarus..." She growled. Theo grit his teeth, and jumped onto the bed, slashing at Tisiphone, but in vain; for the goddess had already melted into the shadows, most likely to care for her injured sisters in Tartarus. He exhaled sharply, sheathing his sword, and hopping down from the bed, his eyes falling upon Maroe. He had a panicked look on his face as he knelt next to Maroe.
"Are you okay?" He asked, kneeling by Maroe with a pained expression, gazing at her bloodied cheek. her cheek had three lacerations all parallel with each other. He grabbed Maroe's bag, dragging it over. It was an invasion of privacy to look through her bag, but he wanted to help his friend. He opened the bag and began looking for any first aid supplies.

"Augh!"

The scratches down her left cheek burned more than anything but she could finally breath when the monster was off her. The burns from the whips were still on fire, though the weapons had long since disentigrated, and the glass in her hand was the mildest of the pain. Wincing, she managed to sit up against the bed as Theo was rummaging through her bag. He tossed some of her clothes out, including some of her undergarments. "I've had better days...Bandages in the bottom," she panted, as blood trickle down her face, "Are you okay?"

Theo leaned against the bed as he threw out more clothes (Including her lacy stuffs), reaching the medical supplies, some of which were unknown to him

"Yeah. I'm alright." He said, but his pale face and his pained expression told Maroe otherwise. He grabbed the alcohol, screwing the lid off, and soaking a cloth with it, and cleaning the running blood, and any debris he could pick up. If she'd flinch, he'd flinch back, as if it would hurt him, or expected to be hit. He had cleaned the wound thoroughly, and put a medical pad on her cheek, smiling encouragingly.

Maroe let Theo clean up her cheek. Nobody had done that before unless it was serious, and her grandmother practically had to hold her down. The alcohol burned almost worse than the whips, and he didn't exactly have a nurse's touch, but she was appreciative even when he hit a tender spot, making her hiss or jump. When he was done, he put a medical pad on her cheek and she looked at him with a sincere gaze. "Thank you."

The sincerity was met by an encouraging smile, and then she went back to her usual self. "Don't tell me they went and ruined my good looks," she joked mildly, before her eyes shifted to his shoulder. "Your shoulder is bleeding again, and you won't be able to fix that up on your own. If you take off the hoodie I'll look at it. Then...I think we need to pack up and make a jump for it...unless we can come up with a great story as to how the train car looks like someone took a can opener to it."

Easing out of the floor, she picked the glass out of her hand and wrapped a bit of gauze around it before looking at Theo expectantly.

"Kill him,"
"The we will reward you,"
"He is evil, that man," Quiet voices in her head began whispering. Maroe had no way of telling who they were, or where they are, but they began whispering in her head, barely noticeable...

Theo bit his lip, tears forming in his eyes as he began lifting his already torn hoodie. At this rate, he'd break the banks with the amount of sweater he goes through. The hoodie must've been punctured by the Erinys' talons when she'd tried to carry him away... He shed the shirt Maroe had also given him, and his chest wasn't a pretty sight. Both of his shoulders had been punctured by razor sharp talons, as well as the soft of his flesh under his shoulder blades had been torn and was bleeding. However, his left shoulder was purple, almost radiating a demonic glow. The infection from Lamia's bite seemed to have spread, causing a sizeable region of his shoulder to be an angry purple, comparable to the size of a tennis ball, the way it was spreading almost seemed like sepsis.

Theo looked at the wound, and the blood drained out of his face. He leaned against her bed, looking at his wound, nearly speechless. He felt his shoulder, the skin feeling very feverish, and his hand fell back to his side...
"I was a fool for letting her charm me..." He muttered, sitting motionless, his back to the bed as his gaze fell to the floor...

Maroe's eyes flickered some at the voices whispering and frowned. It wasn't the first time she'd heard whispers like that, but she was usually asleep....and the dreams usually ended with her killing that person. Maybe the scratches were poison like the lamia's teeth and she was hallucinating in the day time now. Rubbing at her temples, she gave her head a good shake and set her jaw. "Fat chance."

She hadn't meant to, but the words escaped her lips and Theo gave her and almost hurt look. "Uh, sorry. Not you...um.." Her eyes wandered over the puncture wounds and the terrible looking lamia bite. It looked worse than it had before somehow. Hadn't the medicine made it better? Perhaps he just needed more? She wasn't a nurse, not like Gramma, but she couldn't let him run around like that either. "That's not 'okay'" she informed him, "I don't think I have enough stitches to close those either."

Maroe motioned for him to sit on the bed, then went to work. She poured alcohol onto a medical pad and started dabbing at the wounds, rather than wiping. She could see his knuckles going white from his hard grip on the mattress, but he didn't complain. With a pair of tweezers, she plucked out the broken glass from his back, tossing the bloody bits into the cup holders on the beside table, then cleaned those too. "We've got to do something about that monster bite."

She stuck medical pads over each of the puncture wounds and then wrapped gauze around his chest and shoulders, both back and front. There were older wounds, pink scratches under the fresh ones, and the sight only made her frown deepen. Tightening the bandages, she notices a purplish spot on the side of his neck which had been covered by his hoodie. At first, she thought it was a bruise from one of the fights, but it didn't look quite right. A cheeky half smile came to her lips as she stood up and looked at him. "Hmmm...looks like that girl friend of yours got ahold of you not too long ago. " She absolutely knew that it had been the cloaked lamia nibbling all over him, but she couldn't resist messing with him about it. Especially when he had such a serious face.

After, Maroe gave Theo some of the ambrosia, she told him to lay down. "I'm going to take care of this ride issue...I think." Putting on her jacket, she stuck her hands in her pockets to hide the angry red burns and then went running into the main car with a wide eyed expression. The first steward she found was a young faced man wearing a prim vest. "Sir. Sir!" The man looked bewildered for a moment, but finally turned to her, "Something happened to our train car! A tree fell on it and tore it to shreds. It got me and my friend pretty bad!"

She gave her best terrified face and dragged him to their car where it was obvious something major happened, judging by the gaping holes and gouges. "See. We can't stay in a spot like this. Look at all the wind and snow coming in."

The man looked panicked on what to do, and looked like he might 'go call somebody.' That just wouldn't do. "Look, I get you're just doing your job, but that tree injured me and my friend here...do you really want to be the guy who denied help to two kids on their way home for Christmas? I doubt that the railroad would want to hear that we werent taken care of."

The poor guy nodded quickly, before ushering them to a nice, and warm first class cabin with a couch and two full sized beds without delay, then offered them dinner in the car until they reached their next stop a few hours from then.

Theo froze when he heard her say 'Fat chance' gazing up at her with worried eyes. He was calmed when she corrected herself, and relaxed, listening for her other comments, which he only responded to them with reddened cheeks, as if he was being scolded by his mother. He followed her directions, and sat on her less-than-comfortable bed. No wonder she'd stood up to get snacks. He sat on the bed, thinking to himself...

If she hadn't been talking to me, then who'd she say "Fat chance to...?" Maybe- WHAT THE HELL?

His train of thought was interrupted by the horrid stinging of alcohol seeping into his wound, making him nearly jump out of his skin, writhing and squirming as the burning sensation slowly faded... His breathing slowly but surely calmed down during the rest of the procedure, flinching as she dabbed his shoulders, and nearly punching her lights out when she was plucking the glass out, shivering from the unbearable pain, every snowflake that landed on his chest burned, every gust of wind made him ache...

"Be more gentle!" He whimpered, clutching the sheets with the grip of one thousand suns, flinching with each piece removed, making some of the cuts deeper. No way he could've done this on his own. He let her bandage his arm and back, relieved it was finally over... Until she brought up the Lamia incident.

"You have a half-naked boy alone with you in your bedroom..." He muttered in retaliation, rolling his eyes, shuddering as he was reminded of the most terrible incident...

Theo's eyes widened as he watched the boy run off after they'd gotten a first-class cabin, his gaze falling on Maroe.

"What'd you tell him???" Theo asked bewildered, a smile creeping onto his face as his eyes perused over the room...

Maroe snorted because it was true and then pulled on her jacket. "Yes, I do. Guess I just like a good scandal." Going over to the door, she shot him another smile. " Don't go too wild while I'm gone." With that, she slipped out of the door.

Maroe smiled back at him as she flopped onto the fluffy bed. He seemed so surprised that she managed to get them a new cabin. It really hadn't been so hard, but she couldn't resist the urge to mess with him.

"I might have batted my eyes a bit and seemed a bit helpless," she said innocently...then a devilish grin crept to her lips, "Or I might have told him I have a very cold, half naked guy in my room and we wanted less of a breeze."

Theo waved, rolling his eyes, and flopping down on the rock hard bed. When he got worried for Maore, he stood, and saw her talking to a young steward, and decided to approach them...

Theo walked in, still shocked, almost feeling weightless. He was brought back to earth when he heard Maroe's voice again.
Woah... I must've bled more than I thought... I need some rest...

"Should've told him I was cleaning sticky stuff off of your cheek. You didn't need to get a snack since you already had sausage." He smirked, collapsing onto his bed, muttering in pain...

"You need to be gentler... My whole body is aching..." He said, laughing, which turned into whimpering. He stole a glance at Maroe who was in the bed across the room. They haven't had dinner, but he didn't think he could hold anything down, feeling his injured arm... It was very feverish, swollen and purple under his bandage. Ironically, it was the only part of his body that wasn't aching...

Maroe's brow furrowed and she looked to Theo, as she tightened up her jacket zipper. "Is that how you usually talk to a lady?" She said in a serious tone, "Especially, a taken one."

They were waiting on their dinner to arrive and she found that she was tired and very hungry for any thing...bit sausage.

"No." He replied.
Theo found her gaze harder to meet, and he rubbed his temples, a frown crossing his face. He sat in silence, musing over what she'd said. He dropped his arm, covering himself in a blanket...

Taken? Was she dating a mortal? No way she was dating a demigod, with how many monsters we've encountered. Who was he? What was his name? Why hadn't he seen him, or at least a picture of him? How could she be so eager to leave him? He should be here, protecting Maroe, not sitting at his home, probably cheating on her with another mortal. Why did he even care about Maroe's life? It's not like she'd be dead within the month like all the others... Why should I care she is taken? Why should I care? I'd probably forget her name within the month, like all the others... Why... Why should I?

Theo, lost in thought and warm under the plush blanket fell asleep, a million questions flooding into his mind.

Back