Olympian's Blood 1x1

She raised her brow at him. "Look, I don't care about that. You can go around kissing..er..hitting...whoever you want," she replied, turning slightly pink, "Just try not to hurt anyone who's not going to be a pain in the ass later on, will you? Now sit down, we need to talk."

Maroe turned on her heels and locked the door to their cabin before plopping down on her bed across from Theo. She was going to get straight to what she wanted to know. Gazing into Theo's eyes, Maroe gave him a long look. Was she really going to ask about a dumb dream?

"Does the word Camp Kennedy sound familiar? A pretty girl named Jackie? Jaina?"

Theo scratched his stubbly cheek, chewing on his lower lip as he thought for a moment, his eyes wandering around the room...

"It... It's faint... Jackie is the girl who lived with me... Jackie wanted us to leave this place... 'This place' is probably Camp Kennedy" He said slowly, sitting back on his bed...

"It's so fuzzy... Maybe the gods are messing with me somehow..." He muttered, gazing down at his feet, at the glinting aglets of his shoes... Theo began thinking for a moment, before his cheeks became flushed...

"Kissing...? What do you mean kissing? Who?" He asked, looking back up at Maroe's solid gaze.

Maroe sighed, hoping Theo might have been a bit more help, but it didn't seem like he was going to be. He stuttered through trying to recall anything at all and his eyes dodged around the room like he really didn't want to. The more disturbing part was the fact that she had dreamed about him. Not just about him...but accurate things in part. Of course the gods were messing with them. They were pretty heartless, and bored with eternity.

When he mentioned her small slip of the tongue, Maroe stared hard back at him though her face was pink. She almost wanted to say "forget it" but another more stubborn part was determined. "You and this Jaina...Jackie..whatever her name is. You were kissing her and getting ready for a lot more than that in my dream. Did not occur to you to ask how I suddenly knew all these names that sounded vaguely familiar?"

Theo once again found her gaze hard to meet again, his shoes seemingly more interesting than the conversation at hand...

Who is this girl? I get used to her, and she surprises me with demon killing rocks, or dream voyeur powers... I wish the gods would lay off, then I could maybe form a stable relationship, like I had with this Jackie girl... Hopefully she wasn't my sister... Come to think of it, most of my meaningful relationships have dissolved over the years... Maroe is getting sick of me, The three stooges want me dead, and Mrs. Creep was spying on me while I was sleeping. She'd called my name as if she wanted my attention... wait... what?

Theo was brought back to earth, upon the realization:

"Did we ever tell the stewardess our names...?"

Again, he was silent and Maroe wanted to scream, or at least grab his shoulders and shake some sense into him. He needed to focus! Her jaw clenched tight and she nearly snapped at him with he asked if they had told the stewardess their names. "No, I'm not dumb enough to do that. We're both wanted by demi-gods," she grumbled, "Maybe you said it your sleep again? Why?" Maroe had paid only enough attention to the woman to get rid of her.

"She is either a very curious mortal, or she's not a mortal at all. She wanted my attention, so much as she had to wake me in the wee hours of the morning just to say 'hi'." Theo said sternly, grabbing his sword in its sheath, and attaching it to his belt.

"If she's a monster, we can question her, ask what Hades wants. If she's a demigod... We can ask: Who are you working for... Besides, why would a stewardess need to inspect a cabin while passengers are using it?" He asked, standing up and going to the door. "Look, I'm not remembering anything anytime soon, this is the best I got..." He muttered flatly, turning to take a glance at Maroe...

Now he's Mr. Large and in Charge? Maroe could hardly keep up with which Theo was talking to her. The meandering boy or the sure hero. He had a point about the stewardess, though simply because she might be a monster didn't mean she worked for Hades, if everyone thought he destroyed this camp, which she was assuming was this Camp Kennedy, any god could be coming after him couldn't they? Plus, Hades had between pretty clear with what he wanted by sending his crazy gal-pals for them. Still, he sounded more like he cared than the entire time she'd known him, so she wasn't about to argue with him.

Picking up her whip, she clipped it to her belt and then attached her sword to her opposite hip, before meeting his gaze with her green eyes. "After you, water boy."

"Alright, Miss... Rock... face...?" Theo stuttered, a pink hue rising to his cheeks. "Whatever, I'm not good at name-calling..." Theo said, rolling his eyes and scoffing, walking out of the cabin. The thin hall leading to the adjacent cars was empty, a light trail of drops of a dark liquid across the carpeted floor lead to a single door at the end of the carraige. Theo's eyes fell upon the trail, before he looked at Maroe.

"Should we confront her...?" Asked Theo, slowly approaching the door...

Maroe rolled her eyes and followed Theo out of the door, trying to ignore his seeming split personalities. Of all the demi-gods to bump into for the first time, he had to be a bit on the crazy side. Then again, was she any less insane? Strolling down the hall they found the blood trail on the floor leading to the end of the carriage. The woman could have used the bathroom far before that to clean up, which meant something was definitely up.

"Well, we didn't walk out here for nothing did we?" she sighed, grabbing the door handle and prying it open.

It was a small storage closet. There were shelves lining the walls adjacent to the door, lined with cleaners and other cleaning supplies. There the stewardess was, sitting on the floor, leaning against the wall opposite to the door, behind a mop and bucket, and a broom. The room was dimly lit, the only light was the light coming from the fluorescent bulbs in the hallway, and a small, soft light emanating from the stewardess's hand, which she had brought up to her ear as if she was calling someone. Her blonde hair was down from her bun she wore in the two demigods' cabin, and her vest was off, leaving her in a thin, white dress shirt, and her long red skirt.

Theo stepped behind Maroe, peeking over her shoulder at the stewardess, who was still holding the tissue to her bleeding nostril, frowning as here gaze fell upon them. She dropped her hand held near her ear, which happened to be holding a phone, and turned it off, looking at Maroe.

"Can I help you?" She asked.

Maroe looked the woman over, trying to see if anything was strange, but found nothing amiss. When the stewards prompted them, asking they needed help, she nodded. "Oh yes, we just wanted to check on you...see if you were okay...oh and ask how it was you knew his name?" Marow jabbed her thumb behind her and pointed to Theo who was peeking over her shoulder.

The stewardess laughed for a moment, as if the question was laughable. She her gaze hardly met Maroe's. She chewed her bottom lip for a moment, hesitating to answer.

"Didn't you say?" She laughed slowly, her hand slipping her phone into a purse on a one of the shelves as she rose, standing to her full height. She looked at the two of them with feigned confidence, and Theo stared back with a hard look, trying to collect his scattered thoughts.

"No, no she didn't. Like, at all...Ever." Theo said redundantly, raising an eyebrow... "Um... Since I didn't say my name... how did you actually know...?" Theo asked slowly, his voice wavering as if his mind was elsewhere, as if distracted. However, the woman became irritated, her brows furrowing as she pursed her lips.

"I'm not sure, I think you said it in your name in your sleep, I thought you were introducing yourself..." She replied, crossing her arms, and pressing her back against the wall. She sighed, and turned her head away from the two, wandering back to the shelve.

Maroe crossed her arms unconvinced. She was too slow in her reply and not the nervous sort of hesitant but the lying kind, then flopped out with the lame reply. "We might both be blondes but you're not dumb enough to think someone lying on their back mumbling is introducing themselves and I'm not stupid enough to swallow a story like that. So, try again."

She moistened her lips, glaring daggers at Maroe.

"Look, your boyfriend is a very dangerous individual. I don't know much, and quite frankly, I don't care. I'm just a pawn for the gods, I know that much. I'm just in it for the money." She said curtly, grabbing her purse, and a bundle of clothes from a nearby shelf. Her eyes flicked between the two demigods, before raising her bundle of clothes presenting them to the two demigods.

"Can I get dressed now?" She asked, slowly unbuttoning her top, her gaze staying on the two demigods, her eyes flicking down to their weapons.

"What? No! You need to-" Theo cut himself off quickly, hearing a soft murmur behind him, of two stewards walking by. He nearly jumped out of his skin, and pulled Maroe into the closet, quickly closing the door behind the two of them, getting a few raised eyebrows. Theo went silent, as did the woman, and the murmurs slowly became more muffled, and faded. The closet became nearly pitch black, the only light coming in from under the door, which wasn't proficient enough to light the room

"Maroe, we can't just stand around in a broom closet. We-" He said, his speech hurried. However, he cut himself off after a small whimper came from the dark corner of the closet...

Maroe was getting annoyed. Beyond annoyed. They were being played with by the gods and she was no play toy, neither was Theo, but he wasn't exactly handling that well. "Don't touch me!" she hissed, pulling her arm away from him inside the closet. She was already feeling man-handled enough without someone actually dragging her around. "We can't just stand around in a brook closet? You dragged us in here!"

The whimper saved Theo from a decent verbal lashing and she turned to investigate where it had come from. There wasn't enough space to draw her sword, or make any practical use of the whip, but at that point she was ready to give someone the beat down with her bare knuckles if she had to. "Who's there?"

Theo had nearly jumped when Mare had hissed at him, and he must've known further arguing would lead to further aggression, so he fell silent, andstared at the floor as he locked the thin wooden door behind him.

"Ugh... cretins..." The woman muttered under her breath, turning around and rolling her eyes, and began changing her clothes, shedding the stewardess uniform. However, before she tore her shirt from her body, she tensed, hearing the whimper from the corner, which caught Theo's rather scattered attention. He threw a glance over his shoulder, and saw a... another woman. She was stripped down to her bare essentials, wearing some beige undergarments, her terrified eyes peeking out of the dark corner. Her wrists and ankles were bound tightly with rope, and her mouth was gagged firmly.

"It's just a mortal! I took her uniform so I wouldn't raise your suspicion. You two woke her up." She explained quickly. "I'll give her the uniform back, no need to be alarmed." She said hastily, dropping the shirt and the vest at the feet of the bound woman, who was quivering in the corner, her eyes wide.

"Um, guys..." Theo croaked, his fear of speaking up riddled in his voice. The false stewardess fell silent, allowing them to hear the voices outside of the door, and a light rapping of a fist, making the woman jump even more...

"Hey, uh... only one person needs to get supplies at a time..." A low voice said into the closet, presumably a steward. The bound female on the ground began wriggling, thrashing about to get the attention of someone outside. However, her erratic movements caused her to kick a shelf, causing it to lose balance, and crash down upon the three troublemakers, bottles and rags falling down, buckets clattering to the floor, and a stumbling Theo tripped over a mop bucket in an effort to escape, and knocked it over, and emptying wet and dirty contents all over the room. The bound woman nearly shrieked, and the half naked one used her arms to shield herself from the shelf, meanwhile Theo lands on the floor with a thud, and is soaked from the dirty water...

Last edited:
Dirty water full of suds lapped a Maroe's shoes as she tried to push the heavy shelf off her shoulder. It took a good shove between herself and the other woman to put the thing to right, as Theo rolled around on the ground and the woman squealed. The scene was absolutely ridiculous and Maroe was done with games. Whether or not she had room, she drew her sword and pointed it at the stewardess tied up on the floor. "Not another word," she hissed, "Get up Theo...and you..." She looked to the other blonde, "Who are you and who sent you?"

If she was going to get tossed off a train, she was going to make it worth her while.

Theo held his head, getting a sizable knot on his forehead from the fallen shelf, thankful that Maroe had lifted it off of him. He was dazed, slowly getting back to his feet, his feet soaked from the wet landing he had taken. He rose to his feet, his eyes trained on the door knob, which had been shaking more furiously than before.

"Hello? Sir, only employees are allowed in there..." A voice said, coming from outside of the room, which the drew the attention of the two women in the closet with Maroe. As for the woman bound in rope, she flinched when the sword was pointed to her, nodding in the affirmative as acknowledgement. However, nerves of steel kept the half dressed woman from flinching as the sword was drawn to her chest.

" I'm Theresa, just a scout to find Theo. I was sent by S. He's the one who sends demigods on quests, he even houses a few. " Theresa said hurriedly, throwing on an off colored t-shirt under a dark hooded sweater, and swapping her stewardess skirt for some old jeans, dropping it at the feet of the mortal bound in rope.

Maroe gave the woman a hard once over, uncertain whether to trust her or not. She hadn't attacked them, so that was a bonus, but those other demi-gods had also been sent on a quest to find them.

"We know!" she called to the man on the other side of the door, "The door is jammed and we're stuck inside. Want to find us some help instead of yelling at us?!"

It was a quick lie, which seemed to work for a moment because the man was heard grumbling before walking away. Turning, to Theresa, Maroe held the tip of her sword to the woman instead. "You say you've been sent to find Theo by someone who send demi-gods out on quests. That's really interesting, because we just shook off a few demi-gods who had also been sent out on a quest. A quest to kill him. How do I know you're not here to do the same thing?"

Theresa rolled her eyes, scoffing as if the possibility was unimaginable.

"A single unarmed demigod, against a serial killer?" She questioned, challenging the girl who was at the other end of the sword, her expression hard to read. " I can't take Theo on, that'd be suicide, but something doesn't make sense... Why do you protect Theo? He's nothing but a fugitive, outrunning the gods for his past crimes. Come with us, where we can feed you and shelter you..." She said in a hushed voice.

"I'm sure you've had nothing but monsters attacking since he's joined you, he's just a target painted on your back. If you turn him in, you'd have less headaches, and you may even get a reward..." She said nodding her head in Theo's direction, and slinging her purse over her shoulder. Theo was clenching his fists hard enough to turn his knuckles white, his right eye twitching. He stepped out from behind Maroe, and approached the woman

"Look, miss, I don't even remember doing any crimes. I wouldn't even challenge the gods, they've been in power for thousands of years, and all I've done is gotten sepsis and half a dozen demigod encounters, which most of them were hostile, including you. Challenging them would be insane!" He whispered harshly, his voice becoming increasingly sharp. Theresa gave Theo a hard stare, raising her eyebrows. He exhaled loudly a moment later, before taking a small step back into his shadowy corner. After he withdrew himself, Theresa's lazy gaze fell upon Maroe again.

"At any rate, your boyfriend isn't worth all the trouble... We welcome any demigods with open arms..." Theresa said, leaning against the wall, her eyes on the two figures, despite the dim light of the room.

Back