Olympian's Blood 1x1

"So, this Mr. S is a demi-god then," Maroe said, fighting down her energy on the the flowers. Sometimes when they started...they were so hard to stop, even once she saw that the object behind her back was strangely a sugar packet.

Raising her brow, Maroe gazed at Theresa, though the girl wouldn't meet her back. "What's so bad about taking you in? You admitted you didn't have any overt powers. Wouldn't that make taking in a demi-god easier? Not like you could suddenly lose control or something, right? And you said Mr. S wants to hand Theo over to the gods. From what I hear, that's as good as killing him. So you can kind of see my point."

The waiter came by carrying two pristine plates, each with a large hunk of cheesecake, drizzled in chocolate and covered in cherry sauce. He put those down in front of them, then added two sets of silverware to each before offering up two cans of rootbeer. "Thanks," Maroe giggled, with a wink to their waiter. The guy made a goofy sort of grin and leaned against the table some. "If there's anything else I can get you...feel free to ask..I'll uh...be right over there."

"He... None of your," She muttered, as if there was something to be ashamed of... "I'm not the... easiest person to work with..." She muttered, grabbing a packet of Splenda... She smirked at Maroe as she charmed the man. She smiled as the man came back...

"Oh, we'll definitely want you back..." She cooed to the man,giving her best smirk, looking at him deviously. She shifted her legs, and glanced at Maroe from the corner of her eye, and gazed back up at the man.

Maroe took the hint. Scooping a bite of her cheesecake and hummed in delight, sliding her fork from her lips slowly. "Oh yes. Just give us a few minutes more." She added a little giggle to the end of that statement and the waiter turned bright red before chuckling. "Sure." When he walked away the guy had a spring in his step, no doubt filled with anticipation.

"10 bucks says he comes back with a cheesy pick up line," Maroe whispered, wiggling her eye brows at Theresa.

The fun being over, she sat up a little straighter and dug into her cheesecake with more fervor. "No offense, but I could see you being hard to work with. Especially because you ignored my question about what the gods would do to Theo." She delivered the statement without accusation and as simple fact. "It wouldn't bother you, if that's what they did? Even if he was innocent?"

"I think we both know the answer to the first question..." She muttered, rolling the packet between her fingers, staring at her cheesecake. "But I don't even like..." She began, but cut herself off, biting her lip, slowly and deliberately picking up her fork...

"Why do you think he's innocent? You've known him, for what, a day? Everyone else knows he is a criminal, and it's basically common knowledge..." She said, glancing at Maroe, looking up periodically for the waiter...

"So, you know what they'll do, you just dont think you have a choice?" Maroe summed up as she tapped the top of her rootbeer can and cracked it open.

Theresa's second question was a valid one, and something she herself had wondered. Why was she helping the hapless Theo?

Taking a sip of rootbeer helped her gather her thoughts for a moment before her green eyes met the girl's silver ones. "Because he was being attacked and got hurt. At least thats how it started, I guess. Then I realized he has some serious problems...and no..not the murdery kind...he doesn't remember anyone or anything. He's totally lost and he's definitely not faking it. He had a life before this...I-I had a dream...Doesn't that sound weird to you? How can someone be guilty of a crime, even if they did it, with no intent? He's been chased and nearly killed over and over for some thing I don't think he is guilty of. Maybe he was framed. I dont know. At least that's my opinion on it and why I'm trying to help him."

Last edited:
"Okay, So then what? After you figure it out one way or another? I think..." She cut herself off again, sighing slowly, closing her eyes, before forcing hers to meet Maroe's.

"Whatever, it's not really any of my business... I still think you have a strange taste in boyfriends..." She said, turning her head, and gazing out of the window, watching the snow layer and layer, the crinkling of the sweetener packet getting louder as she fiddled with more vigor...

"Then we figure out who really did it. Since the gods are so eager for someone to fry, they'll have their man...or woman I guess," Maroe replied, finishing off her cheesecake.

At the mention of Theo being her boy friend, her mind shot the dream about the cabin and his possible half sister...Her face turned red and her eyes dropped. "Well, he's got strange taste in women too, I suppose."

The waiter came by again, gazing at Theresa in concern. "Was your cheesecake not any good? I can get you something else?"

"You're not strange... you're pretty normal... well, demigod standards of course..." She said, her voice softening... "But I suppose he can't be all bad, considering the fact that you two are together..." She said, expression returning to her voice, like a solemn songbird singing the song of loss...

"I haven't tried the cheesecake... It looks pretty good." She said, flashing a brave smile, and grabbing the fork, cutting a piece off before putting it into her mouth...

Maroe nearly cringed when Theresa mentioned them being 'together.' It wasn't because she thought Theo was all that terrible, but because it was a lie. She'd only said it so the woman would leave him alone. Now, she was stuck with it since it seemed to make headway on at least showing Theo wasn't a villain. How that logic worked she wasn't entirely sure.

Her eyes flicked up to the table across from them where then lilies in the vase and grown four times their size. I'm not all that normal either.

The waiter hung around after asking about the cheesecake. "Well, I've had the cheesecake and its great, but I tend to like my sugar rush to come with a set of gorgeous eyes," he grinned at Theresa.

Maroe watched on in amusment as the waiter laid it on thick, wondering how long he had been working on the line.

After cheesecake a tiredness settled in, but Maroe refused to let herself sleep. Not only did she not trust Theresa quite yet, but she didn't want to chance any dreams. Instead, she stayed up drinking root beer in the dining car, occasionally checking in Theo until their train arrived in Queens.

"You know, I'm not quite done with you~" Theresa teased, writing something on a napkin with a black marker. It was a series of numbers:

1 646 854 1432.

"Call me." She winked, and she slipped the piece of paper over to the poor waiter, her silver eyes glancing up at him, and turned to Maroe with a more serious attitude.

"Maroe... What if you could speak to S right now?" She asked, gripping the packet tightly...

The waiter grinned as if he had just won the lotto and took the napkin, trying to look casual. "Yeah, I'll definitely hit you up," he replied. As he walked away, only Maroe could see his wiggling dance of victory as he held up the napkin in triumph. Shaking her head, she flicked her eyes back to Theresa. "Well, we're already on our way back to Queens, but if I can get an idea of what I'm going to be dealing with, I'd talk with him. I take it he doesn't come up on Yellowpages.com though."

"Haha, I don't even know what Yellowpages is... but I do have his cell." She said, her hand slipping into her purse, and pulling out a hot pink smart phone, the same one she'd been talking into when they walked in on her in the closet... She opened her contacts, finding S before she could see any names, she clicked on a contact named "S", and called him... In two rings, he picked up...

"... Yes, it's Theresa. I have someone I want you to meet... No, not Theo, someone who knew him..." She responded, and held the phone to Maroe, and smiled encouragingly, her eyes a bit widened as if she was nervous.

Maroe took the hot pink cell phone, glancing at the ID on the screen. MR. S. This was going to the be the infamous, and in her opinion, pretty slimy demi-god who was using others. Clearing her throat, she tucked her thick hair behind her ear and held the device up. "Hello? Is this Mr. S?" She tried to make herself sound confident, though how well it worked, she didn't know.

"Yes. What's up, doll?" He replied quickly, his voice gravelly and harsh,almost as if he had something lodged in his throat, but somewhat friendly too, with a slight accent, as if he was from New Jersey...

Her brow raised at the sound of Mr. S's voice over the phone. He sounded like he'd smoked a pack a day for 20 years and to add to it called her doll. He wouldn't be saying that if he could see her for sure. "I was told you were looking for a demi-god named Theo. I want to know why."

"And I'm not giving my name to a stranger. Let's just say I'm a doll of a demi-god and a friend of Theo's," Maroe replied curtly.

"Hey, I get it, I was young like you once, too. We need to turn Theo in for his past crimes. No killing or maiming involved." He replied with a higher tone, as if talking to a close friend...

"See here's the thing," Maroe said with a small sigh, "I don't think he's oh so guilty as everyone would like me, or even him, to believe. And if you turn him in for a crime he didn't commit to the gods, do you think that no 'killing and maiming' rule is really going to apply?"

There was a short pause... Theresa was shaking her head in the negative fervently.

"How long have you known Theo?" He asked sharply, Theresa rubbing her temples...

Back