Olympian's Blood 1x1

"I hardly think that's relevant," she replied, catching the look from Theresa. "You seem a lot more interested in asking questions, and that's not what I called for. I called for answers."

"You've got a hot head for some doll calling me on Christmas morning. I'm more than willing to humor you with answers, but you've gotta cooperate with me." He said, chuckling behind the screen of the phone.

Last edited:
Maroe rolled her eyes at being called doll again. This guy was annoyingly condescending and she was getting impatient. "I've known him long enough."

"And who's to say in the four decades he's been alive, he hasn't done anything devious? That man is dangerous, and has committed repeated crimes against the gods, including, but not limited to adultery, murder, and treason." He said, his voice became more gravelly, a bit of irritation had come off in his voice...

"Why are you defending him? Does he just 'not seem like the criminal type' to you?" He asked.

Biting her lip, she listened to Mr. S give his little spiel. "I suppose it's because I don't believe everything someone tells me. It doesn't seem to me anyone is actually interested in the truth, but would rather see the gods appeased. It's not right. What do you get out of condemning a guy who might be innocent? Are they going to give him a chance to prove his innocence or condemn him because they can?"

"Alright, look. I see you think he is innocent... How are we going to prove his innocence? Ask the ghosts at Camp Kennedy? And we can't exactly summon the gods, you know... " He said, his voice hardening.

Last edited:
"That works both ways. How are you proving he's guilty? Asking the ghosts at Camp Kennedy and communing with the Gods?" Maroe replied smartly.

"The gods claimed he was a criminal. However, most demigods do not challenge the words of a god." He said, clearing his throat.

"I suppose not, but I don't think he's most demi-gods...and it's not a challenge if there's proof. All I wanted is a fair chance for him, not a slaughter to make someone happy while the real killer might go free. Tell the gods wont kill him, bind it as a word, and then I'll believe it," Maroe said firmly.

"Gods rarely intervene in mortal affairs. Why do you think there are so many heroes? Anyways I have... important matters to get to. We can discuss this further when you arrive here in person." He said firmly, and the dial tone rung in her ear. Theresa bit her lip, her face a bit paler than usual.

"That was... something..." She muttered, holding her hand out for her phone...

"What an ass," Maroe said, hanging up the phone and passing it back to Theresa, "and if he calls me doll again, I'll punch him."

"Yeah, he's an... ass..." She said slowly, averting her eyes from Maroe. She grabbed it with her gloved hand, a thin blue silken glove seemed to be on her left hand, now that Maroe was able to see her in adequate lighting, rather than the dim closet they had met in.

"He gets more tolerable the longer you know him..." She muttered, a forlorn look on her face danced across her eyes in a silver ripple, and she gazed into her purse... She paused a moment, before pushing her loose hairs behind her ear.

"How did Theo get you fired from your job?" She asked, however little curiosity was shown in her low voice.

Last edited:
"He came in charmed by some monster who wanted to eat him... I ran at first. I thought he was part of some sort of trick....but then turned back and we fought in an alley with it. You kind of get fired for running out on a shift," she replied, her eyes narrowing, "What's with the glove?"

"It was a gift. It's from S..." She said nonchalantly, pulling the sleeve of her sweater down as her cheeks flushed.

"It's nothing." She said quickly. "Who was it? A siren? Lamia? Medusa?" She asked, listing off any ideas she had for who it was, her hand searching for more packets to squeeze.

Maroe's brow arched as she noticed Theresa's blush over a gift. "Huh. And does Mr. S give gifts? Thought he was more of an equal exchange sort of guy?"

Taking her sip of her root beer, she sat back and stole a glance at the train car door. "And I think he called it a lamia."

Last edited:
"He used to... but there's simply not enough money to go around nowadays..." She sighed. "It used to be just a couple demigods he housed... then all of the sudden, demigods seemed to crawl out of the wood works, and I've been working a lot more since then... 'work it harder, make it better, do it faster' he says. It 'makes us stronger' he says. I was starting to think this whole search was a lost cause... that is until we found you." She said, squeezing the two mangled packets she'd been holding earlier...

Hearing that sort of talk made her shudder. It sounded more like an army than a sanctuary. And the sudden influx of demi-gods had to be from the destroyed Camp Kennedy. At the mention of 'finding' her, Maroe put down her empty can of root beer. "Found me? Don't you mean found Theo? I figured there must be kind of reward for one of you turning him in."

"Technically, we found you first. Simon and his friends, remember? Us, individually would get first privilege for showers for a week so we have showers. But S will turn in Theo to the gods, and he'll get a wish from the gods. Hopefully it will benefit the group..." She said, muttering the last part to herself... She stared at her own unopened root beer, and popped the tab, taking a slow drink from it.

She said, her hands clutching the sugar packets ever harder her fingers tapping the palm of her hand.

"So, Theo is nothing more than a bargaining Chip for the chance to shower first...and a wish for a guy who you think might help you. Innocent or not," Maroe said in a flat tone as she slipped out of the booth, "I hope the shower is worth it, Theresa."

With that she dusted off her jacket and walked back toward the cabin.

Theresa froze, her grip tightening on the packets... Her clutched fist dropped to the table, and she rested her head on the table near her hand. She blinked her tears out of her eyes, and released the packets, grains of sugar and sweetener tumbled to the table from the torn packets...

Theo was asleep in his seat, exactly as she left him, drooling a little as he snored softly, the blissful ignorance of the corruption of the whole S crowd must've been nice...

"Stop right there." He said suddenly, his head turning...

Back