[OOC] Endurn: Heart of the Alauum

@Pumpkin I'm happy to cede illusionist if it makes things easier. I don't think my character's powers are too important since I'll likely not rely on magic because mana seems like something annoying to refill

@Pumpkin I'm happy to cede illusionist if it makes things easier. I don't think my character's powers are too important since I'll likely not rely on magic because mana seems like something annoying to refill
Well, you can't escape the rituals! All races need to do them eventually since they live with mana in all they do. And the rituals are a very helpful tool for me to redirect the plot :p

Well, you can't escape the rituals! All races need to do them eventually since they live with mana in all they do. And the rituals are a very helpful tool for me to redirect the plot :p

Have you thought of a mana-depletion bar or something? You've already got stats so... it might help with the whole ritual thing.

Have you thought of a mana-depletion bar or something? You've already got stats so... it might help with the whole ritual thing.
As far as you all need to know: you'll occasionally receive a pm from me stating that you will soon need to perform the ritual. ^_^ although I could make it into a system if you want. Maybe, however many stat points you have is however many ic posts you can go without a ritual? Haha who knows. I planned on just letting players know when their mana is getting low based on what I see in the ic

Perhaps. Her father came from Vatar and remains part of the smuggling/criminal type, so Valya's parents/Valya herself might know him/recognize Eruanna's similarities in him. Or maybe they are secret half siblings.

I can add a more detailed description/timeline of the whole thing if you'd like. But Eruanna probably more closely resembles her father than her mother.. Hmm. I hadn't thought about it much. But I do like the idea of a connection being there.

Alright! Lemme know what you decide on it!
And I would not oppose the secret half siblings. Plot Twist afterall!

Alright! Lemme know what you decide on it!
And I would not oppose the secret half siblings. Plot Twist afterall!

Well, Eruanna never knew her father and her mother assumed he died when they got to Brenn, so it's very plausible he could have had another child. Her parent's didn't love eachother or anything, so there's that. Their pictures look close enough for half sisters, no?

Here is my first draft let me know what I need to change:

dwarf.jpg

Name: Thomas Stonewall

Race: Dhomharan

Culture: Western Clan

Hometown: Helm’s Core

Personality in 5 Words:
Loyal, adventures, brave, hardworking, and selfless

Descriptive Personality:

“What does love look like? It has the hands to help others. It has the feet to hasten to the poor and needy. It has eyes to see misery and want. It has the ears to hear the sighs and sorrows of men. That is what love looks like,” Saint Augustine. Thomas believes that helping others is the measure to one's success in life. No matter what is going on in his life Thomas will always find a way to help those in need, even if it is just a small act to show that he cares and is there.

“Loyalty and devotion lead to bravery. Bravery leads to the spirit of self-sacrifice. The spirit of self-sacrifice creates trust in the power of love,” Morihei Ueshiba. No matter what happens Thomas can always be found standing side by side with those he trusts, even if that means charging head first into the darkest hell. Not only is Thomas loyal until the end he is also not afraid to work day and night to get the job done.

Mage Spirit: Mage of Defense​

History:
Thomas grew up in Helm’s Core to loving parents that strove to provide Thomas with a fulfilling and successful life. Thomas’s father and mother both worked in the Kingstone mines and as such Thomas spent much of his childhood learning the family trade. By the time he turned 38 Thomas had become a very skilled miner, but that was not enough to keep Thomas in Helm’s Core. Hungry for adventure Thomas left Helm’s core with a small group of friends. Thomas quickly became obsessed with the new cultures he found on his journeys and learning how other people lived out their lives.

Thomas felt alive traveling from town to town learning new things everyday, but all good things must end and so they did for Thomas. Unlike Thomas his friends felt homesick and wanted to return to Helm’s Core. His friends were also jealous of how well Thomas got along with the other people and how easy it was for him to make new acquaintances, which led to him getting better jobs, so they did the unthinkable and abandoned Thomas. Thomas had been a caring and loving friend always sharing what he made with the others, even when they had nothing to give him, and in return they didn’t even ask him to return with them. The bitral destroyed Thomas.

For a while Thomas lost his drive, he thought about going home, he thought about many things, but he did nothing. Thomas continued to drag his way through life until one night in a crowded inn he meet a priest. To this day Thomas can’t remember who exactly the priest was or who he worshiped all he can remember is the priest taking a seat next to him and striking up a conversation. At first they only exchanged small talk, but the more they talked the more the priest realized something was haunting Thomas and so he explained, “There is nothing you can do to change the past you can only press forward and hope that the light shines on you and if that doesn’t work sometimes you have to make your own light.” Thomas didn’t understand what the priest ment and the priest didn’t stick around to explain it to him. The priest only told Thomas to travel to a small village in the middle of nowhere. So with nothing holding him back Thomas took off to find the village the priest had spoken of.

The village Thomas found was broken and poor, on top of that much of it had been destroyed by a fire. Thomas saw the people in need and he knew he had to help, so rolling up his sleeves he dove right into the thick of it. Asking nothing in return Thomas helped rebuild families homes and till the land for planting. Even though Thomas knew nothing about planting fields or building houses his willingness to help those in need and his desire to make a difference helped rebuild the small village. Though he never accepted anything from the people he helped he did take with him valuable skills and lasting relations. With a new found passion Thomas set off to find other people in need.

Relationships:
Timothy Stonewall - Father
Betsy Stonewall - Mother​

Strengths:
Loving: Thomas has a heart built to care for and help others and he is not afraid to listen to it.

Brave: Thomas is not afraid to step outside his comfort zone and do dangerous and sometimes scary things.

Loyalty: Thomas will never leave a man behind he will always strive to be there for his friends and comrades, even when they may not care for him.

Relentlessness: No matter how many times Thomas gets knocked down or stabbed in the back he will always bounce back stronger.

Cultured: During his travels Thomas has learned to accept others differences and learn from them.

Confidence and drive: Even when he may not know how to do something Thomas has the confidence and drive to find a way.

Hardworking: Thomas was given a strong body and he strives to push it to it’s limits every day.

Willingness to learn: Thomas is always ready to learn a new skill.

Skills:
Crossbow: Thomas picked up the crossbow as a way to hunt for food during his travels.

Mining: Thomas’s childhood in the Helm’s Core mines have made him skilled with a pick.

Stamina and physical prowess: Traveling across the land has made Thomas adept at walking for long periods of time and the work he does along the way has made him physically stronger.

People skills: Thomas is good around people and can almost always find a way to connect with them.

Jack of all trades: Thomas has picked up many different trades from wandering and working wherever he can.

Weaknesses:
Blind trust: Thomas’s trusting and caring nature can leave him vulnerable to trusting the wrong people.

Basic laborer: Thomas knows many trades and as such he is not extremely skilled or a master at anything.

Fear of letting others down: Thomas’s goal in life is to lift others up, so when he fails to do that he can become depressed.

Homeless: Thomas might call Helm’s Core his home, but in truth he is a wanderer searching for his home.

Smoking: Thomas loves a good smoke.

Soul Abilities:
1st Soul Ability:
Broken Shield: When Thomas’s shield breaks he sends forth a concussive wave that knocks enemies down. At the beginning this ability only knocks back the person that broke the shield, but as he gains power and becomes more skilled the knock back effect increases in force and number of enemies it displaces.

2nd Soul Ability:
Helping hand: Thomas can grant one of his allies a personal shield, that as well as shielding its recipient it applies a special side effect that strengthens its recipient. At first this ability will only deflect minor attacks, but as Thomas grows stronger with this ability it gains special side effects that boosts his allies performance such as strength, stamina, or focus.

3rd Soul Ability:
Gain the ability to forge a shield out of spirit mana which defends against all attack forms. Initially, the shield is weak and can only fend off mana based attacks at a short range but with practice and skill development, the shield can be sent hundreds of feet away to fend off even the most powerful attacks of mana and physical natures.

4th Soul Ability:
Gain the ability to forge a protective barrier for the entire party that can fend off physical attacks. Based on one's perception, relationships, and skill level, the user can protect others from assault. At first, the user will struggle to protect another person without immense concentration and the protection will be weak, susceptible to mana dispels and strong attacks. But with time, as the user grows more connected to his or her allies, he or she will be able to protect them with a powerful shield without so much as a glance.

5th Soul Ability:
5th Soul Ability: Voice in Need: Thomas gains the ability to sense the location and nature of problems. The suffering of those in Endurn come to him in his dreams, sometimes a whisper in his waking hours, and tells his tales of the lost, the broken, and the afraid. Initially, it will be a frightening experience for him, as he will be able to sense the fear but have no control over it. He will struggle to pick just one single woe and hone in on it, but with time, he will learn to listen to the dreams and whispers and gain the ability to choose one, pinpoint it, and determine the nature of the suffering even before arrival. If he is helping one of those in Need that have come to him through his dreams, they gain a veil of compassion that prevents physical harm from befalling them until Thomas can create a more permanent solution. The veil only works when he is nearby the sufferer.

Perks:
Culture Specific Perk:
Doriil Culture: If male, you are welcomed and treated with great honor. If female, you are largely ignored

Race Specific Perk 1:
Fabrication: The ability to create a technology-based Golem sidekick.

Race specific Perk 2:
Thick Skin: You don't need shoes or gloves and you've never heard of "it's just a scratch." An enemy has to dig deep to make you bleed and as such, if you're bleeding, it's bad.

Race Specific Perk 3:
Night Vision: You can see perfectly in almost pitch black surroundings.

Distastes:
Cruel people, stormy days, the ocean, loneliness, and no work.

Preferences:
Smoking, hard work, learning about other cultures, helping those in need, a good pub, and friends that care.​

Aspirations:
To help build a better world and make lasting and meaningful relationships with as many people as possible.​

Last edited:
Here is my first draft let me know what I need to change:

dwarf.jpg

Name: Thomas Stonewall

Race: Dhomharan
Culture: Western Clan
Hometown: Helm’s Core

Personality in 5 Words:
Loyal, adventures, brave, hardworking, and selfless

Descriptive Personality:

“What does love look like? It has the hands to help others. It has the feet to hasten to the poor and needy. It has eyes to see misery and want. It has the ears to hear the sighs and sorrows of men. That is what love looks like,” Saint Augustine. Thomas believes that helping others is the measure to one's success in life. No matter what is going on in his life Thomas will always find a way to help those in need, even if it is just a small act to show that he cares and is there.

“Loyalty and devotion lead to bravery. Bravery leads to the spirit of self-sacrifice. The spirit of self-sacrifice creates trust in the power of love,” Morihei Ueshiba. No matter what happens Thomas can always be found standing side by side with those he trusts, even if it they stand on the wrong side.

Mage Spirit: Mage of Defense​

History:
Thomas grew up in Helm’s Core to loving parents that strove to provide Thomas with a fulfilling and successful life. Thomas’s father and mother both worked in the Kingstone mines and as such Thomas spent much of his childhood learning the family trade. By the time he turned 38 Thomas had become a very skilled miner, but that was not enough to keep Thomas in Helm’s Core. Hungry for adventure Thomas left Helm’s core with a small group of friends. Thomas quickly became obsessed with the new cultures he found on his journeys and learning how other people lived out their lives.

Thomas felt alive traveling from town to town learning new things everyday, but all good things must end and so they did for Thomas. Unlike Thomas his friends felt homesick and wanted to return to Helm’s Core. His friends were also jealous of how well Thomas got along with the other people and how easy it was for him to make new acquaintances, which led to him getting better jobs, so they did the unthinkable and abandoned Thomas. Thomas had been a caring and loving friend always sharing what he made with the others, even when they had nothing to give him, and in return they didn’t even ask him to return with them. The bitral destroyed Thomas.

For a while Thomas lost his drive, he thought about going home, he thought about many things, but he did nothing. Thomas continued to drag his way through life until one night in a crowded inn he meet a priest. To this day Thomas can’t remember who exactly the priest was or who he worshiped all he can remember is the priest taking a seat next to him and striking up a conversation. At first they only exchanged small talk, but the more they talked the more the priest realized something was haunting Thomas and so he explained, “There is nothing you can do to change the past you can only press forward and hope that the light shines on you and if that doesn’t work sometimes you have to make your own light.” Thomas didn’t understand what the priest ment and the priest didn’t stick around to explain it to him. The priest only told Thomas to travel to a small village in the middle of nowhere. So with nothing holding him back Thomas took off to find the village the priest had spoken of.

The village Thomas found was broken and poor, on top of that much of it had been destroyed by a fire. Thomas saw the people in need and he knew he had to help, so rolling up his sleeves he dove right into the thick of it. Asking nothing in return Thomas helped rebuild families homes and till the land for planting. Even though Thomas knew nothing about planting fields or building houses his willingness to help those in need and his desire to make a difference helped rebuild the small village. Though he never accepted anything from the people he helped he did take with him valuable skills and lasting relations. With a new found passion Thomas set off to find other people in need.

Relationships:
Timothy Stonewall - Father
Betsy Stonewall - Mother​

Strengths:
Loving: Thomas has a heart built to care for and help others and he is not afraid to listen to it.

Brave: Thomas is not afraid to step outside his comfort zone and do dangerous and sometimes scary things.

Loyalty: Thomas will never leave a man behind he will always strive to be there for his friends and comrades, even when they may not care for him.

Relentlessness: No matter how many times Thomas gets knocked down or stabbed in the back he will always bounce back stronger.

Cultured: During his travels Thomas has learned to accept others differences and learn from them.

Confidence and drive: Even when he may not know how to do something Thomas has the confidence and drive to find a way.

Hardworking: Thomas was given a strong body and he strives to push it to it’s limits every day.

Willingness to learn: Thomas is always ready to learn a new skill.

Skills:
Crossbow: Thomas picked up the crossbow as a way to hunt for food during his travels.

Mining: Thomas’s childhood in the Helm’s Core mines have made him skilled with a pick.

Stamina and physical prowess: Traveling across the land has made Thomas adept at walking for long periods of time and the work he does along the way has made him physically stronger.

People skills: Thomas is good around people and can almost always find a way to connect with them.

Jack of all trades: Thomas has picked up many different trades from wandering and working wherever he can.

Weaknesses:
Blind trust: Thomas’s trusting and caring nature can leave him vulnerable to trusting the wrong people.

Basic laborer: Thomas knows many trades and as such he is not extremely skilled or a master at anything.

Fear of letting others down: Thomas’s goal in life is to lift others up, so when he fails to do that he can become depressed.

Homeless: Thomas might call Helm’s Core his home, but in truth he is a wanderer searching for his home.

Smoking: Thomas loves a good smoke.

Soul Abilities:
1st Soul Ability:
Broken Shield: When Thomas’s shield breaks he sends forth a concussive wave that knocks enemies down.

2nd Soul Ability:
Stand Fast: Thomas can hold his ground against the strength of enemies twice his size.

3rd Soul Ability:
Spirit Shield: Gain the ability to forge a shield out of spirit mana which defends against all attack forms.

4th Soul Ability:
Guardian Wall: Gain the ability to forge a protective barrier for the entire party that can fend off physical attacks.

5th Soul Ability: [Given upon CS completion]

Perks:
Culture Specific Perk:
Doriil Culture: If male, you are welcomed and treated with great honor. If female, you are largely ignored

Race Specific Perk 1:
Fabrication: The ability to create a technology-based Golem sidekick.

Race specific Perk 2:
Thick Skin: You don't need shoes or gloves and you've never heard of "it's just a scratch." An enemy has to dig deep to make you bleed and as such, if you're bleeding, it's bad.

Race Specific Perk 3:
Night Vision: You can see perfectly in almost pitch black surroundings.

Distastes:
Cruel people, stormy days, the ocean, loneliness, and no work.

Preferences:
Smoking, hard work, learning about other cultures, helping those in need, a good pub, and friends that care.​

Aspirations:
To help build a better world and make lasting and meaningful relationships with as many people as possible.​
LOVE the concept :) I'll go over it formally later today. That reference pic is amazing :)

A note: I'm going to be adding an additional description to all of the given soul abilities for each class. These will describe the way the ability develops and how it is limited initially at low skill level. You don't have to add the extra info into your cs but you should all be aware that all the soul abilities will be developed over time and will start out with limitations so that we have a development chance in the rp with them :)

So overall, the CS is a really, really great start. I love where you're going with the character and I think he'll fun to RP. My tips:
1. Flesh everything out more. Explain things, clarify, and justify.
2. Maintain a focus on the character as being a part of an adventure RP, stay away from a slice of life RP style sheet
3. Try to have at least 4 strengths, 4 skills, and 4 weaknesses. If it's a challenge, it'll help you get to know the char.
4. Finish it! :p It's looking great so far, keep going!

XD I've got a lot of work to do. Sorry, I'm more used to making characters for more slice-of-life rps, though I'm intrigued by more adventurey ones, I've really only had the chance to do two tabletops in my lifetime, so I'm going to need a bit of guidance as far as that goes. I'll start editing his CS shortly.

Well, Eruanna never knew her father and her mother assumed he died when they got to Brenn, so it's very plausible he could have had another child. Her parent's didn't love eachother or anything, so there's that. Their pictures look close enough for half sisters, no?

Yes! Then let's go for it :)

XD I've got a lot of work to do. Sorry, I'm more used to making characters for more slice-of-life rps, though I'm intrigued by more adventurey ones, I've really only had the chance to do two tabletops in my lifetime, so I'm going to need a bit of guidance as far as that goes. I'll start editing his CS shortly.

Well, you are certainly in the right place for guidance. The experience of myself, Soul, as well as White and Rainy from the Illos RP will help you along, for sure. I only really ever play fantasy, so if you feel like you need help, you can ask. XD

Yes and I will also be reading the sheets to see if connections can be created.
Then see if it was probable in circumstance.

Mowkie is right. We're all here to help!

“Loyalty and devotion lead to bravery. Bravery leads to the spirit of self-sacrifice. The spirit of self-sacrifice creates trust in the power of love,” Morihei Ueshiba. No matter what happens Thomas can always be found standing side by side with those he trusts, even if it they stand on the wrong side.
This is just me fawning a little bit but I liked the use of quotes here lol

((Better? I feel like I missed some things in his history but I can't put my finger on what.))
Maybe include why his parents taught him to fend for himself. Like, a typical middle class merchant parent wouldn't be likely to bring their young into the forest to study, but perhaps a hunter, or perhaps if his parents were nomadic, or had a rough history (lost their home and had were on the streets for awhile, for example) they would have a reason to encourage their son to learn how to survive, too.

Hey @Brucifer just make sure you don't repost your CS, it bogs up the OOC with unneccessary images. Just edit your originally posted CS and post the link to that post each time you want me to refer to it after an update :) I'll go over the CS again once the entire thing has been finished, k? Feel free to ask any questions to either myself, mowkie, white, or rain.

Ill go over @Yoda and @Brucifer 's CS"s this evening :)

We almost have the maximum number of players! Only 3 open mages left O_O

Alavara1.png

Alavara Nalani Zanda'kkai
Female | 73 | Odakkai Guardian

B A S I C S
Culture
Unarakkai (Moonborn)
Hometown
Sa'kyrae City​
Eyes
Blue
Hair
White w/ violet feathers
Height
5' (approx 152 cm)
Weight
105 lb (approx 48 kg)

Appearance
asdf​

M E N T A L I T Y
Personality
Cold || Calculating || Formal
Lacking true social skills, Alavara can come across as giving the cold shoulder. Her mind is that of a Guardian, always eyeing escape routes, points of contact, and the best way to get as many people to safety as possible. She holds herself back from making connections with others for fear of letting her mind stray too far. After all, her devotion is strictly to her people and always has been. While this does not make her close minded, it does make her seem somewhat unfriendly in nature.​

Courageous || Gallant || Bold
The nature of the Guardian is to show no fear. At a very young age, Alavara learned the hard way that having fear and showing it were two different things. She keeps a stern look about her and rarely seems to lose her cool, even in less than favorable situations. This keeps her breath even and her arrows straight. She is not afraid to put her own life on the line for others, even if it meant certain death. This, of course, does not mean that she doesn't have fear, as she does. It simply means that she chooses not to show it.​

Strategic || Tactical || Prudent
The Guardian must be wary of all dangers, even if they are not present at the moment. Her mind has been conditioned over the years to see all possible escapes, all possible dangers, and be ready for them. She is quick to act and thinks on her feet in a more daring situation. As such, she has often gotten her caravan out of rather sticky situations. She is a good adviser, thinking things through completely if given the time, and can grant all possible scenarios in almost any given situation. However, she is by no means a master tactician, as she is still young and growing. But she seems to have been born for this kind of work.​

Literal || Objective || Straightforward
Having never really been the type to understand humor, Alavara has a very literal way of seeing things. She rarely understands metaphors until they are properly explained to her (though analogies seem to be okay for her), and sarcasm flies right over her head - even if she uses it inadvertently. She can't quite catch on to tone of voice and takes words at their face value. In all her years growing up in the ways of her people, she has never grown to understand that words can have various meanings. Language is simply not her strong suit.​

Adaptable || Versatile || Cooperative
Having been a Guardian for just about forty years, now, Alavara has since learned how to adapt to various situations. She is a survivor by her very nature and never gives up without a fight. She is willing and even eager to help those in need and will quickly cooperate with any other race if it means she can learn new ways of helping those around her. Just like when she guards her caravan, she has a quick way of thinking that allows her to physically and mentally change her stance to fit the situation at hand.​

Distastes
  • Sunlight/Daytime - It burns her skin, leaves her sleepy, and does not do well for her in any way, shape, or form. While she is willing to stay awake during the day, she absolutely despises the pain that sunlight brings and thus may just complain the whole time. At least internally.​
  • Drums - They are noisy, obnoxious, and drown out the sweet melodies of finer instruments, such as the flute and lyre. Drums are the giver of headaches.​
  • Laziness - When born into a culture that is constantly moving, always working hard to bring the best they can to the table for others to see, one would never like the thought of any form of lazy or lackadaisical behavior.​
  • Cloudy/Rainy Weather - Clouds block out the beauty of the night sky and make her feel claustrophobic. She is sad and lost when she cannot see the stars.​
  • Sorrow and Anger - Though she inevitably feels these emotions, herself, she has a great dislike for them. Why must people, particularly herself, feel so negative?​
  • Superstition - While belief in a higher being can be seen throughout, Alavara never understood taking one's faith beyond understanding that a god has things they like and dislike. Why would Dhakkarnus force one to sleep forever if they slept beneath a full moon? He is the lord of the skies, not the light of the night.​
Preferences
  • Clear Skies - When she can see the stars, she is filled with joy and hope for what the night may bring.​
  • Nighttime - Restful and rejuvenated, Alavara does best when walking freely beneath the moon and stars.​
  • Music - Designed at her very core to enjoy the music of the world, she has a particular love for wind instruments such as the piccolo, and because stringed instruments often add a beautiful melody to the flow of the wind, she also enjoys those. They are soothing.​
  • Effort - While she understands that not all efforts equate to success, she greatly approves of seeing one put forth the effort, even if it ends in failure. After all, even a lesson is to be learned as long as one tries.​
  • Animals - Like many of her people, she has a particular love for all animals. She prefers those who wander into the shadows of the night with her, but even daytime creatures are a welcomed sight.​
  • Liveliness - She does not like to see the life drained from the faces of others. She prefers to see happiness, playfulness, and peace.​
  • Culture & Food - Having traveled her entire life, she loves to see new things within the cultures she visits. And she never holds back when trying the food. She has a particular love of deep sea fish.​
Aspirations
  • To meet an Aurora Dragon and be blessed by its speech. To ask forgiveness for any deaths dealt by the hands of her people.
  • To understand every race at its core and, one day, teach others about them so that not only her people can live and prosper as great travelers and traders, but all races can learn to coexist and bring peace to one another. Perhaps then, she wouldn't have to guard her caravan, and the Guardians would no longer have to exist.

Occupation
Caravan Guardian
Mage Spirit
Mage of Unity​

B A C K S T O R Y
History - HUGE WIP
-Born beneath full moon when her tribe's caravan was staying in Sa'Kyrae for the yearly coming of age ceremony to two other Moonborn. As was custom, they remained with the entire tribe as the baby was born, so that the mother was granted full support. As such, some missed the ceremony, though the ones that were to gain a new egg that year still got one.
-Grew up to be rambunctious, fun loving, and hard to control. She never could understand a joke, though. Confused her parents.
-Upon being gifted with the egg of her Aurora Wyvern, she grew to be protective, determined, and fierce. Her own power came to be in its truest sense, as she had fulfilled her rights of passage and become an adult.
-As the years passed, she became a hunter in the shadows, working well to combine her mana with the art of archery, using the bow that was made from the essence of her wyvern. She loved her people and did everything she could to help them, never taking any form of credit for herself. But she was not much of a diplomat and could not always understand the art of politics. Still, in every village, town, or city that they would enter at night (and sometimes even during the day), she was always beside her tibe Speaker to protect him and has learned over the years ways of wording things that make getting your way a little easier.
-During a particularly long stay in the deciduous forests of the Southern Clan of Sylvian elves, she learned of a murder of crows nearby and decided to build a small feeding trough that she would fill with seeds and crisped foods every night. Upon her departure, she found herself being followed by a particularly familiar bird, who she continued to feed as her caravan wandered. Each night, the bird would return to her, bearing a gift every now and then in thanks. After a while, it seemed to have decided to stay with her permanently. Her wyvern seemed jealous for a bit, but soon grew to enjoy the company.
-Though she grew restless as the winds began to change, she remained diligent to protect her tribe. But upon the announcement of the Sa'Kyrae City crisis, which was only passed to others of the Odakkai, she and her tribe quickly returned to their beloved home to help figure out why their city had begun to corrupt. It was here that she met her Talohm and became the woman she is now.

Relationships WIP

C H A R A C T E R
Strengths
  • Intelligent - A good head on one's shoulders can go a long way, especially in the position that Alavara holds in her tribe. She is perceptive and can be quick to assess the situation and come up with a solution to most problems. By no means is she a scholar, but she is oftentimes level-headed and has a natural way of intelligence when it comes to her tribe, knowlege of her people and other cultures, and her occupation within.
  • Brave - Being a Guardian requires a certain amount of bravery. Knowing that dangers are lurking around every corner, it is very easy to be afraid. But it is because of the bravery of a caravan's Guardians that the people of the sky have learned to be completely at ease. Alavara takes her job seriously, and she knows that courage is not the absence of fear, but the willingness to face it head on.
  • Compassionate - Not necessarily when it comes to other humanoids, but rather more attuned to animals, Alavara has a certain compassion that she expresses through her willingness to lead wild creatures away instead of harming them, give food that she and her people do not absolutely need, and even grow so bold as to stop others from causing unnecessary harm. She finds animals to be her equals, particularly those who share the night with her. This compassion, when given the chance, could very easily bleed into a willingness to help others, no matter their race.
  • Tenacious - Hard-headed and stubborn, Alavara will do everything in her power to get things done. This might sometimes mean that she steers away from orders given to her, but it can also mean the difference between saving a life and watching that life get ripped away.
  • Protective - In all manners of the word, Alavara has a natural gift in the willingness to protect those around her. She is a Guardian to her very core and loves to be able to give others the certainty of their safety while she is awake. She takes her job as Guardian very seriously and always gives it her all.
  • Night Owl - When the stars are bright and the moon shines silver on the world, Alavara is awake and alert. She makes the perfect watchman during the wee hours of the night and can even see at lower light levels than most. Where she lacks advantage during the day, she gains again when under the cover of darkness.
  • Merlakou - A beautiful raven has long since befriended Alavara, being driven by rewards in the way of food and companionship. Despite the naturally solitary nature of the blackbird that follows her around, it has seemingly grown attached to her. The elf has since named the bird Merlakou, which means blackbird. Over the few years she has known this bird, she has trained it to alert her to movement. Whether or not this is friendly movement must be determined by Alavara, herself. Merlakou is nocturnal and follows the schedule of a Moonborn. As such, she is rarely seen during the day. She typically nested within the wagons of the caravans, but has since moved to taking naps upon her master's shoulder.
Skills
  • Acrobatic - Like most Odakkai, Alavara has a lithe and flighty build. She has gone through most of her life training in the ways of muscle control. She is quick on her feet, and her muscles are strong enough to hold many poses. She spends at least an hour a day in meditation, taking up the most unusual and difficult poses to remain in so that she can keep her body strong.
  • Archery - A hunter in the cover of night, Alavara has learned many tricks with the longbow over the years. Her wyvern friend can swiftly become her trusted weapon, and as she has learned to wield him, she has gained the knowledge of where to aim, how to keep steady and strong during the most anxious of times, and how to make her arrow strike true. She can fire from the trees, ground, or sky if given the chance, and while she has a long way to go before becoming a true master like her teachers, she is already well on her way.
  • Tactician - When in the sight of battle, whether against a pack of wolves, bandits, or even a mob of angry strangers chasing her caravan out, Alavara is quick to come up with what she believes is the best strategy out of many situations. She does her best to do this with minimal harm or death, but she also understands that these things are sometimes necessary.
  • Shadow Guide - A keeper of the shadows, Alavara tends to linger in the cover of darkness. She guides her troupe through dangerous territories, keeping herself and her people hidden well so as to not cause any harm. She is a leader in many ways, despite not wishing to take any of the credit. She prefers that others learn to lead through her guidance instead of outright teaching.
Weaknesses
  • Stubborn - Though her tenacity can oftentimes be a strength, it is also a terrible weakness. Alavara has a bad habit of not following orders when she truly believes there is a better solution. This has gone both ways, in her favor and not so much. She can be a danger when she hits her hard-headed streaks, both to herself and to others.
  • Irrational - When it comes to criticism towards her ideas, Alavara has a tendency to jump to wild conclusions. She is not very good when it comes to socializing, despite being in a very social race, and her mind often takes the most extreme route it can come to. This can cause extreme anger, irritability, and a deep feeling of helplessness that drives her away from those around her.
  • Rash - As quick as she is to come up with ideas, Alavara is quick to act on them. She doesn't know quite yet how to listen to the thoughts and ideas of others and instead will charge headfirst into what she thinks is the right thing, even if it's not.
  • Like a Feather - Like most within her race, Alavara is small and flighty. While she is naturally quite hard to hit, as she has trained her entire life in the ways of moving out of combat situations, when she does take a hit, it is detrimental to her physical health. Her bones can break easily, her muscles can sprain, and she can easily be taken out of the fight with a single blow, so long as it's hard enough. Thus, she does not go into close combat if she can help it.
  • Close Combat - Alavara is an archer and nothing more. She does not know how to fight hand to hand or with any sort of close weaponry. Perhaps, if she were to put the effort into it, she could learn how to wield a halberd or spear, but she has no desire to do so. She prefers to stay away from combat and fire from afar.
  • Sunlight - Like all Unarakkai, Alavara cannot take direct sunlight for more than five minutes at the absolute max. Her skin is very sensitive to the harsh rays of the sun and will burn quickly and with ease. By ten minutes, she will turn red wherever the sun has kissed her skin. By twenty, the redness begins to bubble. By an hour, she will begin to melt from her very bones.
  • Daytime - Even if she were to remain completely covered from the sun, Alavara is not built to stay awake during the day. Her mana stores drain twice as fast, her eyes burn from the brightness, and her mind grows a horrible, consuming fog that makes her forgetful, edgy, and less than functional.
  • Irritable - Alavara is by no means a people person. While she is often chosen by her tribe Speaker to be his personal Guardian when making trades, she does not talk at all, preferring to remain in the background. When she is spoken to, she finds herself growing annoyed at the silliest of things. Questions about herself, the way she looks or acts, or even a comment on her beauty or lack thereof (depending on the race) will send her into spitting fire.
  • Loner - Alavara prefers the quiet of being alone. Despite being around others her entire life, she is not one for crowds. She loves her people very much and would risk death for them, but she does not like to talk to them too much. She doesn't understand why she is so withdrawn from social interactions, but she has accepted that this is simply a part of who she is.
  • Mana Block - At a young age, when Alavara was inexperienced and lacked any form of control over her own anger and irritability, she begged a mage she had met during one of her caravan travels to place a form of mana sickness on her that would rise up and block her use over her mana whenever she had these emotions. At first, it worked well, and she had begun to control herself. However, as she got older, she found that this sickness had begun to grow, blocking her mana at the strangest - and sometimes the most dangerous - of times. The mage that had given it to her has long since passed, and now she finds that she must learn to rid herself of it without the help of another mage. Upon her meeting with her Talohm, she feels that sickness grow once more, wrapping itself around the very fabric of her soul and its connection to the hero within her. This begins to block her Soul Abilities and most uses for mana. She must learn how to rid herself of it before it consumes her, completely.
A T T R I B U T E S
Soul Abilities - WIP
  • 1st Soul Ability: Heart of the Arrow: Alavara's deep connection with the winds and the wilds has often shown in her sheer skill with the longbow and arrow. She has always stated that one must look deep into the heart of each arrow and see one's self within before they can master the art of firing. Upon making the connection with her Talohm, this connection pushes farther, into her need to always have an arrow on hand. At first, this ability happens purely by accident. Her need for an arrow calls one forth before she can reach to her quiver. It glows an eerie violet that she can't seem to control, which lights the sky around it, making it obvious that it has been fired. As she continues to grow into this power, she comes to realize that the arrow does not always come. Other times, it comes, but disappears shortly after being fired. However, when she has completed her training with this ability, she will find that not only can she control the glow of these arrows, but she also comes to learn that she will never again - so long as she is connected with her Talohm - need her quiver on her back.
  • 2nd Soul Ability: Shadow Caller: Her need to be in the cover of darkness calls that darkness to her. Alavara is connected with the night deep within her core. When she first discovers this ability, instead of shadows, she will find herself surrounded by a strange cloud of mist. As though the night is trying to cover her, but it knows not yet how to do so. As she grows, she will find that the mist slowly dissipates into simple shadow. Sometimes, this comes at a cost of noise - for whatever reason, her footsteps grow louder, and she becomes easy to hear. Other times, instead of darkness, she shines the light of the moon on herself, lighting up like a beacon in the night. Most of the time, however, her eyes are a dead giveaway. The stronger she gets, the more control she gains, until finally, she can be covered completely, becoming the perfect scout.
  • 3rd Soul Ability: Guiding Force: You command respect from any and all populations with relative ease. The more developed this ability, the more influence you gain.
  • 4th Soul Ability: Empowerment: Connect with a teammate, upon consent, and offer them your powers for a short time. During this connection, you can enter into their thoughts, intentions, and emotions. This must be developed through the development of a close relationship.
  • 5th Soul Ability: Shadow Guardian: Alavara has the ability to cloak a companion in shadows, giving them a path through the darkness to safety. While they're in the shadows, they can move freely to a place of safety without any risk of harm. Initially, Alavara struggles to cloak her comrades fully and when they are pulled into shadows, it is immensely difficult to pull them back into the visible world. As she gets to know her target better and is more aware of their being in its entirety, it becomes easier and easier for her to welcome them into the realm of shadows and bring them back. With time, and with a close relationship with the target, she can effectively protect them with ease, never losing track of where in the shadow planes they are.
Perks
  • Culture Specific Perk: You can navigate stars, possess low-light vision, and cannot function well in the day. You are sensitive to the sunlight as it damages your skin.
  • Race Specific Perk 1: Float-footed: Your communion with the skies have given your kind a unique ability to be able to jump in a way that makes gravity appear half as powerful.
  • Race specific Perk 2: Dragaern Mount: A gift from the gods, you carry with you an odd, scaly weapon. However, when you wish it, the weapon turns into a helpful wyvern mount the size of a horse. It is passive and dies if it does any harm in this form.
    • See below last image for information on wyvern companion.
  • Race Specific Perk 3: Follow the Wind: You can always find the way out of caves, buildings, and labyrinths based on the beckon of the wind.

Last edited:
OKAY. The mount section is done, I added the Alaban and the Isindre wolves to the Sylvuin section. Thank god that's done!

Oh and I should say that the mounts are for later in the game. It's entirely possible that your char had a family mount they used for work, but in any case, you wont have a mount when you start. They'll come later :)

Back