And my Civilization will be called Half-Glass, and they elect their presidents over a half glass of water. Is it half empty, or half full?

Does your setting support Steampunk? I'm wanting to make Halfglass a Steampunk Gilded Age America, only powered by oil.

@Pawnige made me a flag. I think it looks great.

The United States of Halfglass.
full

Last edited:
Aye thanks guys, the second text is done.
full

(Seems I messed up some parts, but oh well.)

But we're still gonna set up some threads and then the IC before we'll start.

@CookiesMcSalsa

Nice, (Does it come with beer? :3)
Steampunk should be accessible at the current time setting of the coming roleplay, so yeah they might do.

Steampunk will not also be limited to oil, magic energies can be applied, (though it might be called magitech instead)

Btw, I'm rather interested in this Gilded Americas of yours. Cynicz vs Idealists was it? Would this actually have in common with the American Civil War?

Yeah, the Cynics would've been Confederates, and the Idealists would be Unioners. Cool deal about the magic infused gadgets, but my main concern was there being Oilpunk. Wanted to keep to a theme of Old American Fantasy. They're probably gonna be giants, too. Twice the size of a human.

Does your setting support Steampunk? I'm wanting to make Halfglass a Steampunk Gilded Age America, only powered by oil.

Ehh, yes, maybe.
But I think the general technology level is closer to the time when we see swords and muskets in action side-by-side, backed by old-fashioned cannons (from about 14th century to 19th century). Thoughts and Opinions?

@Pawnige made me a flag. I think it looks great.

The United States of Halfglass.
full

Nice :)

About Square One's specific rules and guidelines proposed by @Edge45:

It's great overall, especially with the addition of guidelines that help clarify things up as well as some rules that make roleplaying easier, funner and more balanced.
However, I need to comment on some aspects of the rules he proposed,

The time setting of the Roleplay is in the mid-1700s to the early-1800s. Specifically 1740 CE - 1806 CE Earth equivalent time. The level of technology should be restricted to the time setting. Anything too high and advance on the time setting will be considered null and should be avoided.

An arriving faction is only allowed if its level of technology matches the time setting.

Time Setting does not equal to Technology Level, keep that in mind.
In my opinion we should change the wording a little bit, let's change "Time Setting" into "Technology Level".

Initially I intend for Terra to be technologically hundreds of year ahead of Vestroya in the beginning. But we'll see what can we do to solve the time gap and technology gap between Terra and Vestroya,

(Otherwise it has a good chance to ruin my character Deroc and other things in my mind)

There are chances that the main roleplay world, Vestroya, may reach other worlds and the roleplay area expanded. One example here is Terra/Earth. Though it's too early to connect Terra with Vestroya. Wait until Vestroya hits Diesel Age (equivalent history of Real Life Earth : 1933 CE - 1945 CE).

Good rule, which allows for more open possibilities and fun.
Well, again in my humble opinion, "equivalent history" should be changed into "equivalent technology level".

Conflicting and Confusing Rules

The roleplay allows the control of only one character, taking into point its advantages, weaknesses, and affiliations.
You can have any amount of characters. Considering you can control them simultaneously and capably along with your faction.

What...
I'm totally confused, Piemaster.

These two rules contradict and conflict with each other...
Also pardon me but what were you saying in the first rule regarding characters ("taking into point its advantages, weaknesses, and affiliations")? If we are to enforce the first rule, then the second rule I quotes will be void and we'll be restricted unnecessarily.

You know, for an army in this kind of RP, we also need to have other supporting and minor characters in our disposal.

Time Setting does not equal to Technology Level, keep that in mind.
In my opinion we should change the wording a little bit, let's change "Time Setting" into "Technology Level".

Initially I intend for Terra to be technologically hundreds of year ahead of Vestroya in the beginning. But we'll see what can we do to solve the time gap and technology gap between Terra and Vestroya

I see, very well. I was actually describing the time setting equivalent to Earth/Terra. Though in otherwords, let's leave Terra out of this for now.

What...
I'm totally confused, Piemaster.

These two rules contradict and conflict with each other...
Also pardon me but what were you saying in the first rule regarding characters ("taking into point its advantages, weaknesses, and affiliations")? If we are to enforce the first rule, then the second rule I quotes will be void and we'll be restricted unnecessarily.

You know, for an army in this kind of RP, we also need to have other supporting and minor characters in our disposal.

Whoops, got lost from words there.
The first quoted rule I actually meant;
  1. You don't necessarily need to make a faction to join in the roleplay. You can settle for one character, and can become fairly stronger, as well as you can let it join a particular faction of another if they allow you to.
And for the second quoted rule, it also includes supporting and minor characters, hence "any amount of characters," though I should have clarified it a bit more. Well, any more to suggest or some other words or alternates to explain my mistaken rules clearly?

I see, very well. I was actually describing the time setting equivalent to Earth/Terra. Though in otherwords, let's leave Terra out of this for now.

Very well.
We'll talk about this sometimes later, but eventually we have to face this problem sooner or later.

Whoops, got lost from words there.
The first quoted rule I actually meant;
  1. You don't necessarily need to make a faction to join in the roleplay. You can settle for one character, and can become fairly stronger, as well as you can let it join a particular faction of another if they allow you to.
And for the second quoted rule, it also includes supporting and minor characters, hence "any amount of characters," though I should have clarified it a bit more.

I see.
Good enough.

Well, any more to suggest or some other words or alternates to explain my mistaken rules clearly?

No more I think, should be enough for now. Will ask later when problems emerge

Ehh, yes, maybe.
But I think the general technology level is closer to the time when we see swords and muskets in action side-by-side, backed by old-fashioned cannons (from about 14th century to 19th century). Thoughts and Opinions?

Nice :)
Alrighty then. I'll just turn my Civilization's clock back to the 1780-90s. Colonial America, post revolution.

How would Science Fantasy fit in your RP? The tech being from the Renaissance to Early Industrial really doesn't fit a genre that's generally Futuristic Fantasy. It's slightly misleading.

Oh, sorry for misunderstanding. Remember this is a Roleplaying Group which we plan to house a variety of RPs, it may houses sequels, prequels and spinoffs too. Well, Science Fantasy is only in the later RPs. We wish to start fresh from the 18th Century era technology.

@Daffa the Mage:

Hey, welcome back to the Campfire! :)

Really? Pardon but I didn't knew where is Nullmagic...
Anyways, will be updating the map later.

For notes regarding this map, see the [OOC] Mappings and Locations thread by @Edge45

Do you mean Strazura? Okay, no problem

What colors would you like to fill the island and the surrounding waters?

P.S. finally updated the Character Sheet Template. Now everyone can post their Character Sheets! (Yay~~)

Make Strazura a Rose Red.

c02e4c-320x320-old-rose-color.png

I'm gonna assume the world is round, too. So most of my international travels will happen across the West Coast.

Back