[OOC] Nomadium - General OOC Thread & Discussion

Southpaw

*pulls the wrong lever*
CgW2rXb.png

~a roleplay by Southpaw~
⦖~~~~~~~~----------------------♛----------------------~~~~~~~~⦕

Perhaps once, gods trod across the badlands and plains of Majrya. Perhaps they carved great cities out of mountains, and great caverns out of stone. And perhaps, they used magic freely, without care. But these days are long gone. No gods are left, if there ever even were any. And Magic?

Magic is a cancer.

You may have met a mage before. They are rare, but found easily enough: An absentmided slip into contact with one of the many magical artifacts scattered across Majrya could grant one magical powers beyond their wildest beliefs. Or, perhaps, no abilities are given to a vessel wholly, but stored in an object of great power soul-bound to them. Do you wonder why no knights dare go near a flaming sword, or an energy bow of great devastation? It's because they wouldn't dare become a mage.

Magic, you see, was not made for men. It corrupts us; tears our bodies in two with it's well of energy. Mages will fade and gray in a matter or decades. While a healthy man could live well into ninety, a mage would be lucky to get to fifty. The degradation is painful, from what I've heard. A harsh life, one I wouldn't wish on anyone.

Is magic contagious? Perhaps. Who's to say, for sure. Rumors have spread far and wide of death and sickness from interaction with mages. It's all speculation, of course, but it hasn't stopped some from barring their quarters and doors from magic folk.

But not all is lost for these poor souls. Lords and Ladies still possess high demand for magical artifacts, of course. As do some religions, who believe mages are sent from above to deliver the gods' artifacts from their resting places. Soon, the mages organized, and created the Guild of Arcane Nomads, or just the Nomads for short. These mages not only delve deep into dungeons and wilds to locate magical artifacts, but also employ their skills to combat beasts and anomalies of an arcane nature. They may not be welcome outside of their local chapters and hideaways, but they certainly make a fair bit of coin in their field.

In fact, the chapter here in Calary is quite active. They were supposed to get quite a few recruits today. Let's hope they find work....for their sake.

Hey there, lads and lasses! Welcome to NOMADIUM, a new fantasy roleplay! In this world, magic essentially acts as a superpowered cancer; granting incredible abilities through spells or weapons/armor/etc., but slowly wasting the body away to nothing. In the face of social paranoia and discrimination, you, a mage, have turned to becoming a Nomad: A treasure-hunting member of a society of magical mercenaries, used by collectors, royalties, and churches alike. It's a hard life, but those who do well are paid generously for their efforts.

You are as a member of the Calary Chapter of the Guild of Arcane Nomads. Your character begins in the headquarters of the guild, a tavern known simply as The Nomad's Respite. Contracts will be posted from time to time, which offer jobs to treasure hunters far and wide. At any time, you may take these jobs, and embark upon a quest to complete them, taking to to cities and wilds alike. You'll be paid well for your efforts....if you survive.

XzRMCfC.png

• Mages do NOT simply mean spellcasters. A Mage can possess a magical helmet, or a icy sword, or magic shoes. Get creative!
  • If you do choose to use spellsets, be diverse! The standard fire-and-ice mages are fun, but frequent.
  • While not every member of society frowns upon mages, there is a healthy dose of segregation and paranoia. Don't expect to be rich, or well-kept.
  • We will be treasure hunting/monster killing, but feel free to make a passive character! Not everyone needs to be a tough mercenary.
  • Create relationships! The other characters are your good friends, feel free to form romances, hatreds, and friendships with the other RP'ers
  • Have fun!!! :)

76fIQWB.png

First, you'll need to make a character! Head over to the Sign-Up Thread to receive and post the application. Once your application is posted, the GM will approve it, and then you can begin to post in IC Threads. In the meantime, all are welcome for general discussion here!

The sign-up thread could be found Here!

Last edited:
I just wanted to say that everything looks great so far! I should have a character written up tonight as I am currently going to work! Are we allowed to write work in progress characters? Or would you rather us wait on posting until the character is completely done?

If the important things are done (such as name, personality, and appearance) you can begin posting! :)

And thank you~

This looks great! As I may be quite the perfectionist sometimes (and the fact that my vacation in this internet-deprived province hasn't ended yet, sadly), I'm not yet sure when I'll be able to post my finished character. He has already been brewing up in my head though, so he should be finished tonight or tomorrow at the latest.

If the important things are done (such as name, personality, and appearance) you can begin posting! :)

And thank you~
I mean posting the character not posting in the rp xD! I just meant if I could post what I wrote and finish it when I have time!

Also while at work I was thinking of idea's and I was wondering if we are allowed to mention being in the guild in the history. Are all characters expected to be new to the guild or could some have been in the guild already?

Last edited:
I'm still not 100% on my character's exact abilities yet, but I just really enjoy him so he's getting posted tonight haha.

Note for all! I want someone for my character to basically hero worship if anyone wants to jump into that role? Don't need to be super heroic-just have done anything impressive ever at all, and you can hate him or love him or not even notice him, because all of those options are hilarious.

Last edited:
I want to join, but first I have a question: can we play a character who isn't a Mage or afflicted with magic in anyway but still lives with the Mages?

I am going to go ahead and continue working on my character and update the my character sheet. I still had the question about being in the guild beforehand but if need be I can change it if it is not okay ^^!

@GoddessLuna : Yes, they can be in the guild for a while! It's actually recommended.

@WiZ : Sure, they will be less powerful than their cohorts, though.

@_BB_ : Tyner is the leader, and has been in the guild since its inception, so that's a pretty likely candidate. But I understand if you want to do someone other than the Elvis Guildmaster :p

@GoddessLuna : Yes, they can be in the guild for a while! It's actually recommended.

@WiZ : Sure, they will be less powerful than their cohorts, though.

@_BB_ : Tyner is the leader, and has been in the guild since its inception, so that's a pretty likely candidate. But I understand if you want to do someone other than the Elvis Guildmaster :p

Neat! I am not done with my character yet sadly! I been working on her though =)! I was just deciding on some idea's etc. I am however almost done!

No problem! Take your time, she's looking good so far!

I think your character would know mine just because your character is in charge of keeping things from going out of control and my character has a hard time staying out of trouble xD!

But on the side note I am almost done just working on personality and backstory! But I am going to take a 30 min break to eat and refresh the brain powers :3!

I think your character would know mine just because your character is in charge of keeping things from going out of control and my character has a hard time staying out of trouble xD!

But on the side note I am almost done just working on personality and backstory! But I am going to take a 30 min break to eat and refresh the brain powers :3!
Makes sense! They're all his little munchkins, so the troublesome ones would have a close eye kept on them :p

Yo, GoddessLuna referred me here! ♥
I'd like to make a placeholder for my form, which I will post at a later time. So count me in. (':
Awesome! Welcome aboard~

Should have a CS up hopefully very soon! It's getting a bit long so I apologize.... I ended up really liking the character I've made, got a lot to say about him.

It is fine! Mine is getting pretty long as well! I have her posted but still working on her bio =)!

Sorry for the double post but I finally finished my character sheet! It has been updated and I am sorry if it does not sound as good! I kind of ran into writers block T_T! And lost track of things! But I hope that is alright!

Back