[OOC] Side Story and 1x1 Plotting and Coordination

Well, well. I'm not surprised to see my Ragnarok still in full swing. But for my Avalon over Columbia to be used?

My reaction.

d6880494498cc75470e4636ab8c3a39bd10f43f4_hq.gif

I look forward to seeing what else has been changed or used off-hand.

Also, will place something here for potential interest later.​

Um, excuse me? Lol

Yes, mine. As in my original creations, brought up, expanded on in a group and happily shared. It's no Arch-Demon admittedly , but it's good to see my creations in use and improved. Avalon for example from a perusal has been expanded upon. Didn't expect my throwaway realm to be a free play area. Unless it's a spiritual successor of course, which in any regard is flattering.

As to Ragnarok , you were part of that PM in Iwaku when I presented it. Did you forget?

I didn't know who you were at first but I see what you mean now. I don't know why you bring up the Arch Demon, lol, but these areas are there for recycling purposes. It would be wasteful to make new areas that function the same for lore reasons. If you would like, the name could be changed and it would have no association with past stuff.

If you would like, the name could be changed and it would have no association with past stuff.

hvvo8mF_d.jpg

Why? Is it less fun for you and all involved if you kept the name? It's a world-setting for everybody to have fun, that was always the ultimate purpose. I'm just pleased my little 2016 concepts are still getting mileage.

Why? Is it less fun for you and all involved if you kept the name? It's a world-setting for everybody to have fun, that was always the ultimate purpose. I'm just pleased my little 2016 concepts are still getting mileage.

Why? Because you said it was your original creation and I was offering to change the name if you wanted. People will have fun regardless the name used. It was never a secret it was an area reused from a side story.

Why? Because you said it was your original creation and I was offering to change the name if you wanted. People will have fun regardless the name used. It was never a secret it was an area reused from a side story.

Not sure why you think I would, lol. Besides, you know how close Ragnarok originally came to being named Diablo? I'd have been mobbed by Blizzard reps like a quest on an MMO. :/

Avalon was a surprise though, what happened to the idea of Columbia?

Not sure why you think I would, lol. Besides, you know how close Ragnarok originally came to being named Diablo? I'd have been mobbed by Blizzard reps like a quest on an MMO. :/

Avalon was a surprise though, what happened to the idea of Columbia?
It just seemed a natural thing to ask someone. Diablo probably would not have been a good name considering Genesis...

Columbia was only supposed to be temporary and is a vacation spot, which is different than Avalon being a refugee city. May have Columbia be a visitable area at some point.

Last edited:
Naw, Ragnarok sounds a lot cooler anyway.

And good, good. I'd imagine vacation spots would be low priority anyway in light of current lore.

Yes, mine. As in my original creations, brought up, expanded on in a group and happily shared. It's no Arch-Demon admittedly , but it's good to see my creations in use and improved. Avalon for example from a perusal has been expanded upon. Didn't expect my throwaway realm to be a free play area. Unless it's a spiritual successor of course, which in any regard is flattering.

As to Ragnarok , you were part of that PM in Iwaku when I presented it. Did you forget?

As in my original creations

Perhaps it would do you some justice to remind you that the majority of what was originally conceived in Ragnarok did not contribute from you. Last time I recall, it was my short story that pitched the whole planet, events and history last time I recalled. You contributed. A great contribution, greater than mine original pitch, but still a contribution. Likewise I contributed, and many other talented writers and roleplayers contributed. Of course, there is a certain irony talking about my and my nots in a multiverse roleplay where over 95% of the established cast, events and items are originate from preexisting environments. I recognize that, but I believe there is a small but important point here that needs to be made.

What I am trying to say is simple. It is not meant to be aggressive or directed entirely at you, but I do not care if it sounds that way. This is not your or mine or anyone's hub of flattery or prized possession. This is a basis and platform of storytelling and interaction. I entrusted the staff when they first contacted me about the idea, and to this day, I trust the staff and everyone who has participated in Ragnarok now. The moment its narrative is seized by anyone fully and undoubtedly is the moment I lose that trust. It becomes the potential of a collaborative, democratic effort into another roleplay.

Perhaps that is what people want. But I cannot answer that question.

Perhaps it would do you some justice to remind you that the majority of what was originally conceived in Ragnarok did not contribute from you.

You mean like the word-for-word introduction I pitched for the whole thing, still in the PM that I started when I sent the idea out and used for Ragnarok now? As well as the locales listed, down from the Cog-and-sword on out? Aside from some of the points here, you seem to have forgotten how it came about. Originally, I had planned for a new world. It was due to collaboration when I was spitballing ideas that we used your short story world. This in no way degrades your contributions, nor any of the fine work the other writers have included playing in it. But to say that the majority of what came about was not from me, when held up starkly between that PM and the current incarnation now is a joke at best.

. Of course, there is a certain irony talking about my and my nots in a multiverse roleplay where over 95% of the established cast, events and items are originate from preexisting environments.

Aren't we glad that we need not worry about that then, about lore and who controls what? As stated in my former posts before this, my mood seeing them used- And Avalon in particular, expanded from its oneshot existence into an entirely new world, with new locales and made the site of the Hotel? That pleased me greatly that folks were using them and having fun. Once you start policing how it goes 'because muh lore', I feel it takes away from the efforts of everyone who made it how it is. Don't you?

What I am trying to say is simple. It is not meant to be aggressive or directed entirely at you, but I do not care if it sounds that way.

And yet, people seem so determined to confuse the issue. You could imagine my surprise well, when Atomyk said they could change the name- As though it was offending that anyone enjoying something I helped work on, would be such a problem. Let me make this clear once more, since it seems certain folk seem determined to see the worse. Likewise, not meant to be aggressive but I feel better that then more misunderstanding.

When I first brought up this idea, when we first discussed a 'graduation point' from the Torch, I never expected it to earn what it did. From Iwaku's brief moment of glory to the knowledge it played out well here. My happiness comes from seeing folks use it, expand on it.

If people find themselves feeling harried over this feeling of mine, I truly pity them. And ask myself where their disquiet really seems to stem from, at my honest happiness that old things are thriving in new RP site environments.

I don't know what your problem is right now. Krieg probably doesn't want your pity. A lot of work went into Ragnarok and Avalon by a number of people.

I'm really baffled at you guys. When I say I'm happy how people are enjoying and playing in them still, you get defensive and ornery. Is it really such a stretch for me to be happy that something I had a large hand in creating, seeing grow with everyone's help on Iwaku and then still used here so improbable? And its not pity for Krieg, nor is it meant to be condescending. Nevertheless, I don't care if sounds that way.

I do not think that is what Krieg was commenting on. You can be happy for your work living on without pushing aside other contributions to the work.

It's probably an avenue of discussion that has gone on too long at this point anyway.

Several Years after the Cell Games
HFIL - "Home for Infinite Losers"
Perfect Cell

It has been several years since his defeat at the hands of Gohan at the Cell Games, and he now currently resides in HFIL, also known as the Home for Infinite Losers. Keeping himself separate from the rest of the Dragon Ball Villains, he trained constantly, gaining new strengths beyond his perfection but while he was trapped down there, he couldn't exactly put them to use. As he trained, he constantly muttered to himself about past events.

"How... How was I defeated... by a mere brat? It's impossible. How did he get that much power? And the death of his father somehow gave him the strength he needed to win? Hmph... There must be a way I can get my revenge. But how... How can I exact my revenge while I'm stuck in here with these losers. Even with my new found strengths through training, I'm still unable to return..." He muttered to himself, constantly contemplating numerous methods of how he could exact vengeance against the heroes for beating him. Was anyone even listening to him?

So I'm looking for anyone to help progress this idea I had involving Perfect Cell's return and to enact his revenge. Perhaps someone from the Multiverse is listening in on his inner monologue and proposed a plan for Cell to get what he wants, while the other having some benefit from this as well?

I'd love for this to be a side-story / 1x1, I personally feel this could turn out very well, I just need a partner or few to pull this off :D

Several Years after the Cell Games
HFIL - "Home for Infinite Losers"
Perfect Cell

It has been several years since his defeat at the hands of Gohan at the Cell Games, and he now currently resides in HFIL, also known as the Home for Infinite Losers. Keeping himself separate from the rest of the Dragon Ball Villains, he trained constantly, gaining new strengths beyond his perfection but while he was trapped down there, he couldn't exactly put them to use. As he trained, he constantly muttered to himself about past events.

"How... How was I defeated... by a mere brat? It's impossible. How did he get that much power? And the death of his father somehow gave him the strength he needed to win? Hmph... There must be a way I can get my revenge. But how... How can I exact my revenge while I'm stuck in here with these losers. Even with my new found strengths through training, I'm still unable to return..." He muttered to himself, constantly contemplating numerous methods of how he could exact vengeance against the heroes for beating him. Was anyone even listening to him?

So I'm looking for anyone to help progress this idea I had involving Perfect Cell's return and to enact his revenge. Perhaps someone from the Multiverse is listening in on his inner monologue and proposed a plan for Cell to get what he wants, while the other having some benefit from this as well?

I'd love for this to be a side-story / 1x1, I personally feel this could turn out very well, I just need a partner or few to pull this off :D

Got someone performing this with me now ^_^
https://www.storytellerscircle.com/threads/1x1-a-deal-with-the-devil.6100/

Back