Status
Not open for further replies.
Everything seemed to have returned to normal when Kit looked around the bookstore. Looking down at the book again he realized that the text had vanished.

@Neko Shogun @Takumi

"200 points from Gryffindor."
The man had ears like a hawk. "Be glad that I wont inform Professor McGongall about this."

One of the servers gave Ian a glass of water. When he pressed it to his lips and took a sip though the neutral freshness of water wasn't what hit his lips. Rather the taste of salt and metallic bitterness filled his mouth. Looking down at his cup Ian realized that it wasn't water, but blood.

@Lucky

Kit's brows furrowed. Muttering an excuse me to Sam, he walked over to the man at thr desk and gently placed the open book there, wiping his face quickly before speaking.

"E-excuse me, but this book...there's something strange about it." he hesitated for a second on what to say. He couldn't exactly say it was empty, when a second ago there were words in it.

@Jeremi @Neko Shogun

As Rolien walks out, she looks towards Juno with a confused expression at her reaction.

Blinks for a moment after everything that happened. She was confused, was the card she had bad? "Ehh..." She was about to ask something before Juno went away. "Is there... eh... something... wrong...?" she asked confused to Fantasma. "Did I... do... eh... something... wrong?"

Professor Fantasma corrected the glasses on his head as he watched Juno leave. "I...um, I don't believe it w-was anything y-you said?" He then looked at Rolien. "P-Probably just s-stress, yes."

@Donder172

Kit's brows furrowed. Muttering an excuse me to Sam, he walked over to the man at thr desk and gently placed the open book there, wiping his face quickly before speaking.

"E-excuse me, but this book...there's something strange about it." he hesitated for a second on what to say. He couldn't exactly say it was empty, when a second ago there were words in it.

@Jeremi @Neko Shogun

The man at the counter looked at Kit and then at the book and chuckled. "I sure hope so, son! That's the Trickster book you're holding there. That thing pulls any trick on you just to get a good laugh. Not for you mind you, for itself. Book got a mind of its own it does."

@Takumi @Neko Shogun

Professor Fantasma corrected the glasses on his head as he watched Juno leave. "I...um, I don't believe it w-was anything y-you said?" He then looked at Rolien. "P-Probably just s-stress, yes."

@Donder172

The man at the counter looked at Kit and then at the book and chuckled. "I sure hope so, son! That's the Trickster book you're holding there. That thing pulls any trick on you just to get a good laugh. Not for you mind you, for itself. Book got a mind of its own it does."

@Takumi @Neko Shogun

"So it's like a bully? How mean of it." he muttered, giving the book an almost unimpressed look, before glancing to the man at the counter.

"How did you end up getting it?"

@Jeremi @Neko Shogun @TomesandScrolls

Ian Miles IV

If Ian wasn't so close to Swagglebone and worried about his house losing more point, he would have spit out the blood, but he knew he couldn't. Fighting the natural instinct to throw up, he swallowed it with a groan. He wouldn't complain though, not at the risk. He stared at the waitress, wondering if it was a good idea to swallow the blood.

@Jeremi

"So it's like a bully? How mean of it." he muttered, giving the book an almost unimpressed look, before glancing to the man at the counter.

"How did you end up getting it?"

"Been in this store for as long as I can remember," The man chuckled. "No surprise why that is, who wants a book like that?"

@Takumi @Neko Shogun

Ian Miles IV

If Ian wasn't so close to Swagglebone and worried about his house losing more point, he would have spit out the blood, but he knew he couldn't. Fighting the natural instinct to throw up, he swallowed it with a groan. He wouldn't complain though, not at the risk. He stared at the waitress, wondering if it was a good idea to swallow the blood.

@Jeremi

The waitress looked back at him with a quizzed look. "Was the water okay?" She finally asked being slightly creeped out by the boy staring at her like that.

@Lucky

Melody came out of the cubicle quite a while later, with her ruined hair and her face looking wet and luckily looking a bit more sober. She looked around for Swagglebone and Ian and gasped when she saw them with the waiter, although it wasn’t THAT long, she felt like she was barfing stuff out in the toilet for a long time, and she still felt horrible, possibly even more so with her splitting head and stomachache. She opened the door and quietly went to get her mittens and scarf before opening the exit door, hoping neither of those Slytherins saw her.
“Last time I’m ever having alcohol, at least for the next year or soo...When did it get so cold? I can barely move myself, some lollies would be good for my blood circulation, I hope, if I can walk myself there in this cold weather..”
Alcohol may make someone warm at first, but that warm rush turns into freezing blood after a while, coupled with a still-kinda-drunk and unused-to-the-British-winter Melody and you’ve either got a problem or a melodramatic scene.
@Jeremi

Last edited:
Ian Miles IV

Ian looked over at her and took a deep breath. " The water is just fine," he said, drinking it more, hoping that it would taste like water. He turned to see Melody leave.... but he wasn't going to stop her. Hopefully, she paid.

@Jeremi @MelodyMeister

"W-What?" Juno blinked when Rio suddenly posed a strange question to her. Upon first hearing it, it seemed like such a strange question that came out of nowhere, but once Juno figured out who he was referring to, it didn't seem so random anymore. After a brief pause, Juno shook her head, nervously looking around to make sure there weren't any eavesdroppers on this lovely conversation. Juno already thought she was going crazy, so there was no need to let others in on that.

"N-No, that's not... I just... thought I saw myself in a wizard card for a moment, my own moving picture, and then I just... aged and withered away into a skeleton..." Juno mumbled, just barely audible enough for Rio to hear, before clearing her throat, "Never mind, actually. I think I've just been... tired lately. Making me see things. Perhaps that goes for both of us," the Prefect said in faux levity, scratching the back of her head uncomfortably as even she wasn't convinced by her own words.

This year was quickly spiraling into the ground.

@Yun Lee @Glostechk

"Y-Yeah. Tired. Me too." Rio forced a laugh, then bit his lower lip, taking a second. Should he tell her? She already looked so freaked out...damn it. As crazy as it was, Juno was probably one of the few people here he could trust. They'd seen the corpse and monster together, and knowing she saw things like he did...she could be trusted.

He took a deep breath, moving away from the wall to face Juno. "Okay. I saw...okay, so, I got this bouquet for Isolde today." Oh fuck, here came the nervous ramblings again. "We had a date today and I was gonna do something special so yeah a bouquet, right? Professor Maximus helped me make it and it looked cool and Wisteria was there and it withered in my hands for like one second. I didn't know what to think. Maybe I was just seeing things. You know? I mean, this has all been crazy! And then...later...I saw...uh..." He had to pause again. Much more quietly than before, he continued, "...I saw Sandra in the tea shop. Her heart was beating, and she she sat in my lap, and I kicked her heart-gently-and then blood was everywhere... And she...she told me..." He paused, rambling stopping as he got to the worst part. He didn't know if he could say this, as the memories came flooding back all too vividly.

"...she told me we...we are all gonna die here."

@Ver @Glostechk

"Been in this store for as long as I can remember," The man chuckled. "No surprise why that is, who wants a book like that?"

@Takumi @Neko Shogun

The waitress looked back at him with a quizzed look. "Was the water okay?" She finally asked being slightly creeped out by the boy staring at her like that.

@Lucky

That was a good question. Who would want a book like that? If the book played tricks like the one it just pulled all the time whoever owns it may just end up going insane.

But then, why was it the only one that stuck out to him in the first place? Maybe it was the books way of being noticed so it could trick unsuspecting people.

Juno was already pale before, and Rio's subsequent words did little to bring color back to her features. She took a step back, almost as though frightened by the Gryffindor's experiences, hand clutching her own shirt as she heard him out. A hallucination of a horrifying vision... Just like she had just encountered a few moments ago.

Turning around, looking away from Rio as though the very sight of him gave him discomfort, Juno tried her best to keep herself from shaking visibly. "N-Nonsense... What a load of balderdash... We're not going to die. I know it," Juno stammered, still unsure of her own words as her legs quivered, not just because of the cold that they stood out in, but also because of the chills that vibrated throughout her entire body, "Professor McGonagall said so... There will be no more of tragedy..."

Juno shut her eyes for a moment, attempting to collect herself with a few deep breaths, before coming to a realization, opening them again just as quickly and turning around to face Rio, trying her best to maintain a strong, straight face. "This... This all has to be some sort of elaborate ploy. If the both of us are seeing such strange things, this has to be the work of some sort of dark magic. Someone has to be playing some sort of trick on us, it's the only explanation! Maybe... Maybe someone knows how close we've been to all the strange happenings throughout, and wants us to step away. So far, they're doing a good job of giving me a fright, but..." Her grip on her shirt tightened, "... Whoever is doing this to us, I won't let them get the better of me."

Juno's eyes became firmer and more solid as color slowly returned to her skin. "I was raised to succeed, after all. And whoever's behind this, I've just about had enough of their games. None of this is real... These visions can't be real... Even if they're threats or promises, I have to be able to break through such things..."

@Yun Lee @Glostechk

Now it was Rio's turn to listen. And listen he did, desperate to find some sort of logic or reason for what was happening. Thank God the Ravenclaw could think of something, because at this point Rio had totally lost any logical thought (not that he had very much of that to begin with) out of fright. And honestly? It made sense. The monster that was here, all these tricks...the fact that they targeted the two of them was a little too obvious.

"Y-yeah..." Rio nodded, finally gaining some of his confidence back. "You're right. This has to be some kind of sick joke to keep us quiet. I mean, jeez, after that monster, I would've backed off, but this is going too far!" Slowly but surely, fear was turning into determination. "No way am I letting this stop me. We owe it to everyone in this damn school to stop...whatever is going on here. And..." He smiled. "I know we can do it."

@Ver

Chapter 4 – Boy in the well

Despite the craziness in Hogsmeade once evening arrived everything seemed to have returned to normal with no more weirdness coming towards any of the students. That’s how it was going to be for a few months to follow. Some normalcy brought back to the halls of Hogwarts.

December 24, 2002

This was the harshest Winter weather in over fifty years, or that’s what the rumors were saying. Looking out the window there was only white as the snow and winds whirled around. It was outright impossible for anyone to get home due to the weather forcing everyone in Hogwarts to stay there over the holiday.

Nothing wrong with that either, a lot of friends, free food and most importantly, no actual school for well over a week! The school had been suitably decorated to fit the season with a huge Christmas tree in the Great Hall as well as the halls decked with bells and everything else that fit the season. Despite it being around noon it was still dark outside thanks to the blizzard outside, no one dared to go outside even to walk in the courtyard. The snow was relentless in its assault. Everything was covered in white and anyone who had tried to go outside didn't get far in 15 inches of snow.

The mysteries that had surrounded the school had subsided during the months. No deaths or disappearances, at least as far as the students were concerned, nor any monsters roaming the halls. Whatever had happened in Hogsmeade seemed to have just been a fluke, no doubt caused by all the stress that the students had accumulated during their time here. Now they could sit back and relax inside the cozy castle as the harsh winter raged outside. Perhaps today was going to be yet another good day.

Cast list:

@Glostechk as Adele Dumont (Gryffindor)
@dark as Alcander Montanari (Slytherin)
@Blacksmith as Caleb Cato (Gryffindor)
@York as Gavin Bently (Ravenclaw)
@Lucky as Ian Miles the fourth (Slytherin)
@Pretentious Pineapple as Isolde Adalynn Draupnir (Hufflepuff)
@Gummi Bunnies as Julius Kerrigan (Ravenclaw)
@Ver as Juno Post (Ravenclaw)
@Otto as Keith Carter (Gryffindor)
@Takumi as Kit Myre (Hufflepuff)
@CrunchyCHEEZIT as Lloyd Whitaker (Ravenclaw)
@Khan of the Mardu as Martha Pleiades (Slytherin)
@MelodyMeister as Melody Cristala (Gryffindor)
@Archmage Jeremiah as Nikki T. Hilton-Lynn (Ravenclaw)
@Yun Lee as Rio Myre (Gryffindor)
@Donder172 as Rolien Langenberg (Ravenclaw)
@Josh as Ross Rhodes (Hufflepuff)
@Neko Shogun as Samael Rossi (Slytherin)
@Raptor Jesus as Stanley George Edwards (Hufflepuff)
@Kaykay as Wisteria King (Hufflepuff)
@Cromartous as Yaser Branblesnap (Hufflepuff)​

Despite the craziness in Hogsmeade once evening arrived everything seemed to have returned to normal with no more weirdness coming towards any of the students. That’s how it was going to be for a few months to follow. Some normalcy brought back to the halls of Hogwarts.

December 24, 2002

This was the harshest Winter weather in over fifty years, or that’s what the rumors were saying. Looking out the window there was only white as the snow and winds whirled around. It was outright impossible for anyone to get home due to the weather forcing everyone in Hogwarts to stay there over the holiday.

Nothing wrong with that either, a lot of friends, free food and most importantly, no actual school for well over a week! The school had been suitably decorated to fit the season with a huge Christmas tree in the Great Hall as well as the halls decked with bells and everything else that fit the season. Despite it being around noon it was still dark outside thanks to the blizzard outside, no one dared to go outside even to walk in the courtyard. The snow was relentless in its assault. Everything was covered in white and anyone who had tried to go outside didn't get far in 15 inches of snow.

The mysteries that had surrounded the school had subsided during the months. No deaths or disappearances, at least as far as the students were concerned, nor any monsters roaming the halls. Whatever had happened in Hogsmeade seemed to have just been a fluke, no doubt caused by all the stress that the students had accumulated during their time here. Now they could sit back and relax inside the cozy castle as the harsh winter raged outside. Perhaps today was going to be yet another good day.

Cast list:

@Glostechk as Adele Dumont (Gryffindor)
@dark as Alcander Montanari (Slytherin)
@Blacksmith as Caleb Cato (Gryffindor)
@York as Gavin Bently (Ravenclaw)
@Lucky as Ian Miles the fourth (Slytherin)
@Pretentious Pineapple as Isolde Adalynn Draupnir (Hufflepuff)
@Gummi Bunnies as Julius Kerrigan (Ravenclaw)
@Ver as Juno Post (Ravenclaw)
@Otto as Keith Carter (Gryffindor)
@Takumi as Kit Myre (Hufflepuff)
@CrunchyCHEEZIT as Lloyd Whitaker (Ravenclaw)
@Khan of the Mardu as Martha Pleiades (Slytherin)
@MelodyMeister as Melody Cristala (Gryffindor)
@Archmage Jeremiah as Nikki T. Hilton-Lynn (Ravenclaw)
@Yun Lee as Rio Myre (Gryffindor)
@Donder172 as Rolien Langenberg (Ravenclaw)
@Josh as Ross Rhodes (Hufflepuff)
@Neko Shogun as Samael Rossi (Slytherin)
@Raptor Jesus as Stanley George Edwards (Hufflepuff)
@Kaykay as Wisteria King (Hufflepuff)
@Cromartous as Yaser Branblesnap (Hufflepuff)​

Kit woke up cold that morning. Luckily he had a nice warm turtleneck to wear to help keep him relatively warm. Although, he was a bit homesick, and wondered if his dad was home for the holidays, he at least had Rio and their friends and classmates there to help keep his mind away from the feeling in his gut.

Sitting in the Great Hall, he blew into his glanced up at the rather large Christmas Tree in silent awe, trying to get feeling back into his cold fingers before he even touched any food he had sitting in front of him.

@Jeremi @Neko Shogun @Yun Lee @Josh @Pretentious Pineapple @Everyone

December 24, 2002

The mysteries that had surrounded the school had subsided during the months. No deaths or disappearances, at least as far as the students were concerned, nor any monsters roaming the halls. Whatever had happened in Hogsmeade seemed to have just been a fluke, no doubt caused by all the stress that the students had accumulated during their time here. Now they could sit back and relax inside the cozy castle as the harsh winter raged outside. Perhaps today was going to be yet another good day.​

Melody walked along with layers and layers of clothing and a miserable expression on her face, she isn’t used to extremely cold winters, and especially the coldest winter in a while. Besides, she already had quite a few cases of either frostbite or hypothermia in the last few months and THAT wasn’t pleasant. She made her way over to a dark unused room, deciding to skip eating excluding an cup of eggnog and the crowds of people in the Grand Hall. It was just bad luck she was so shy and bored today, usually she would be in a better mood for Christmas but that’s just how her moods are.
As she walked into the unused classroom, Melody walked passed anybody without a glance at them and settled down into a small corner, before taking out her Magick Moste Evile and reading it quietly. Once you start exploring the castle, it’s quite possible to find a few classrooms abandoned after a incident or simply becuase it was outdated, Melody’s one was just that, and hopefully no one finds her doing what she wants in there. Today, Melody was simply using it to read her forbidden books and practice spells, for reading is the best way to clear melancholic minds.
“Huh, thought this place was pretty secretive, who’s knocking on the door? Some dumb first year likely..”
@Jeremi @Open For Intraction, somewhat.

Last edited:

What a surprise. A snowstorm when they should've been going home. Who would've guessed it? Rio tried not to mind it, but after what happened on the Hogsmeade trip, he just didn't feel safe at this school anymore. The calm didn't help him, either-I mean, there had been some calm between Sandra's death and Halloween, and look what happened then!

Whatever. Rio needed to at least act happy. It was all for Kit's sake at this point. If it weren't for his little brother, Rio didn't know what he'd do. Ross and Isolde were barely around anymore, and it was hard to focus on studies with all that was happening. All he really had was Kit...and, uh, Juno, really. Man, the fact that the two of them somehow became allies through this whole thing was something Rio would probably never understand. But Juno wasn't all that bad, just kinda...high-strung. So it was okay.

Rio made his way to the Grand Hall, taking his place by his brother. Seeing the tree, he whistled in admiration. "Man, they really went all-out with the decorations, huh?"

@Takumi

What a surprise. A snowstorm when they should've been going home. Who would've guessed it? Rio tried not to mind it, but after what happened on the Hogsmeade trip, he just didn't feel safe at this school anymore. The calm didn't help him, either-I mean, there had been some calm between Sandra's death and Halloween, and look what happened then!

Whatever. Rio needed to at least act happy. It was all for Kit's sake at this point. If it weren't for his little brother, Rio didn't know what he'd do. Ross and Isolde were barely around anymore, and it was hard to focus on studies with all that was happening. All he really had was Kit...and, uh, Juno, really. Man, the fact that the two of them somehow became allies through this whole thing was something Rio would probably never understand. But Juno wasn't all that bad, just kinda...high-strung. So it was okay.

Rio made his way to the Grand Hall, taking his place by his brother. Seeing the tree, he whistled in admiration. "Man, they really went all-out with the decorations, huh?"

@Takumi

"Mhm, too bad we can't be home with mom and dad, but I guess being here is okay." Kit murmered, before looking up at Rio and giving a smile. "Cause we have each other and friends and stuff. Though I hope the food is better this holiday." he said the last part with a small laugh, doing his best not to bring down the mood too much.

It was a season for merriment and all, the least he could do was not dampen the mood and make it depressing.

@Yun Lee

Melody walked along with layers and layers of clothing and a miserable expression on her face, she isn’t used to extremely cold winters, and especially the coldest winter in a while. Besides, she already had quite a few cases of either frostbite or hypothermia in the last few months and THAT wasn’t pleasant. She made her way over to a dark unused room, deciding to skip eating excluding an cup of eggnog and the crowds of people in the Grand Hall. It was just bad luck she was so shy and bored today, usually she would be in a better mood for Christmas but that’s just how her moods are.
As she walked into the unused classroom, Melody walked passed anybody without a glance at them and settled down into a small corner, before taking out her Magick Moste Evile and reading it quietly. Once you start exploring the castle, it’s quite possible to find a few classrooms abandoned after a incident or simply becuase it was outdated, Melody’s one was just that, and hopefully no one finds her doing what she wants in there. Today, Melody was simply using it to read her forbidden books and practice spells, for reading is the best way to clear melancholic minds.
“Huh, thought this place was pretty secretive, who’s knocking on the door? Some dumb first year likely..”
@Jeremi @Open For Intraction, somewhat.

"Some dumb first year indeed."
Professor Swagglebone stepped into the classroom without much fanfare to stare down Melody trying to recollect if he knew who she was. By the smirk on his face it seemed that he did. "I remember you, that lout at the inn. How could I forget someone like that?" It was another thing entirely to actually remember his name though.

@MelodyMeister

"Mhm, too bad we can't be home with mom and dad, but I guess being here is okay." Kit murmered, before looking up at Rio and giving a smile. "Cause we have each other and friends and stuff. Though I hope the food is better this holiday." he said the last part with a small laugh, doing his best not to bring down the mood too much.

It was a season for merriment and all, the least he could do was not dampen the mood and make it depressing.

@Yun Lee

Kit would be assaulted by a scrawny high pitched voice. "Why wouldn't it be good? Huh? HUH?" Grammy was looking him dead in the eye. "Food is always good because I make it. Isn't that???"

@Yun Lee @Takumi

"Some dumb first year indeed." Professor Swagglebone stepped into the classroom without much fanfare to stare down Melody trying to recollect if he knew who she was. By the smirk on his face it seemed that he did. "I remember you, that lout at the inn. How could I forget someone like that?" It was another thing entirely to actually remember his name though.

@MelodyMeister

Kit would be assaulted by a scrawny high pitched voice. "Why wouldn't it be good? Huh? HUH?" Grammy was looking him dead in the eye. "Food is always good because I make it. Isn't that???"

@Yun Lee @Takumi

He dun goofed.

"S-sorry Granny. I wasn't trying to offend! Of course your food is good, always. I was just referring to the fact that there hasn't been much this year because Headmistress Umbridge seemed to have made some b-budget cuts is all." Kit hurriedly explained, hands flailing about in front of him a bit. He instantly felt bad for saying such a thing earlier about her cooking now.

"I-I just worded it wrong is all." he added as reassurance and hoped Rio, or anybody, would back him up. The last thing he wanted was to be mean to little Grammy.

@Jeremi @Yun Lee

Last edited:
"Yeah, Granny, you make the best food!" Rio put his hands on Kit's shoulders, hoping to reassure his little brother. Of all the times for Granny to pop up... "Especially compared to my cooking. I managed to burn milk once-true story!"

@Takumi @Jeremi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back