Status
Not open for further replies.
Alcander blinked as Professor Maximus looked at him just staring out the window.

"Just taking the time to relax, nobody really to spend Christmas with."

@Jeremi

"Really?" She asked surprised. "But you got an entire schools worth of people! You can't be alone even if you wanted to!"

@dark

"We got a lead," he said, kind of proud that he sounded like a detective from one of those cool Muggle cop shows. "Umbridge went outside in the blizzard. Think we should check it out?"

@Ver @Josh

"Absolutely not. Going out in the cold like this? That sounds like a terrible idea, even if you think you have a lead to follow," Juno said without a beat of hesitation, placing her hands on her hips as she spoke sternly to Rio and shaking her head, "With all the inches of snow piling up, I doubt you could get very far, and that's assuming you don't come down with some case of hypothermia before long! I really don't see any upsides to that course of action, even if there is something to be found out there."

Beat.

"You're going to go anyway, aren't you?"

Juno wondered if the Sorting Hat ever considered placing her in Gryffindor, or if Rio was just that impressionable. Adventure was fun and all, but it hardly compared to the thrill of learning, and yet, here she was, doing more of the former, even if it was gonna kill her...

@Yun Lee

Melody looked at Swagglebone surprisingly, that he didn’t notice the stolen books.
“That was rather rude of me, I suppose. But if you take a look, There isn’t overly illegal things here, A few books I forgot to return and some Christmas presents. I never get any presents, so I don’t want to put my classmates through the same things.”
As she turned her head away, Melody commented back with that false sarcastic tone again, her grip on her wand being even tighter, as if she was about to cast a spell any moment.
“Soo...This is worth detention, isn’t it? No matter!~ Sticks and Stones may break my bones, But I don’t care anyways~”
Melody barely cared about punishment, at least in this state. She got a bunch of detentions if acted especially out of order.
@Jeremi

Chapter 4 – Boy in the well

Despite the craziness in Hogsmeade once evening arrived everything seemed to have returned to normal with no more weirdness coming towards any of the students. That’s how it was going to be for a few months to follow. Some normalcy brought back to the halls of Hogwarts.

December 24, 2002

This was the harshest Winter weather in over fifty years, or that’s what the rumors were saying. Looking out the window there was only white as the snow and winds whirled around. It was outright impossible for anyone to get home due to the weather forcing everyone in Hogwarts to stay there over the holiday.

Nothing wrong with that either, a lot of friends, free food and most importantly, no actual school for well over a week! The school had been suitably decorated to fit the season with a huge Christmas tree in the Great Hall as well as the halls decked with bells and everything else that fit the season. Despite it being around noon it was still dark outside thanks to the blizzard outside, no one dared to go outside even to walk in the courtyard. The snow was relentless in its assault. Everything was covered in white and anyone who had tried to go outside didn't get far in 15 inches of snow.

The mysteries that had surrounded the school had subsided during the months. No deaths or disappearances, at least as far as the students were concerned, nor any monsters roaming the halls. Whatever had happened in Hogsmeade seemed to have just been a fluke, no doubt caused by all the stress that the students had accumulated during their time here. Now they could sit back and relax inside the cozy castle as the harsh winter raged outside. Perhaps today was going to be yet another good day.

Cast list:

@Glostechk as Adele Dumont (Gryffindor)
@dark as Alcander Montanari (Slytherin)
@Blacksmith as Caleb Cato (Gryffindor)
@York as Gavin Bently (Ravenclaw)
@Lucky as Ian Miles the fourth (Slytherin)
@Pretentious Pineapple as Isolde Adalynn Draupnir (Hufflepuff)
@Gummi Bunnies as Julius Kerrigan (Ravenclaw)
@Ver as Juno Post (Ravenclaw)
@Otto as Keith Carter (Gryffindor)
@Takumi as Kit Myre (Hufflepuff)
@CrunchyCHEEZIT as Lloyd Whitaker (Ravenclaw)
@Khan of the Mardu as Martha Pleiades (Slytherin)
@MelodyMeister as Melody Cristala (Gryffindor)
@Archmage Jeremiah as Nikki T. Hilton-Lynn (Ravenclaw)
@Yun Lee as Rio Myre (Gryffindor)
@Donder172 as Rolien Langenberg (Ravenclaw)
@Josh as Ross Rhodes (Hufflepuff)
@Neko Shogun as Samael Rossi (Slytherin)
@Raptor Jesus as Stanley George Edwards (Hufflepuff)
@Kaykay as Wisteria King (Hufflepuff)
@Cromartous as Yaser Branblesnap (Hufflepuff)​
Unlike some students, Rolien was very excited by the cold. Wearing not inly winterclothes, but also clothing under it. Wanting to outside and get on the ice. Having tried to get out more than once. Not even the snow was dettering the young, Dutch student from trying to get out. Going so far as trying to dig her way out. Even asking teachers to help. And today was not different from several other, having little to no sicces in getting out. Yet, she had everything with her that she wanted to use on the ice. Steels, gloves and anything else she needed. Though the steels do seem quite old and could use a bit more maintenance, they do seem to be usable. She was still busy trying to get her way through the snow, but it was obvious she wasn't getting anywhwere.

Melody looked at Swagglebone surprisingly, that he didn’t notice the stolen books.
“That was rather rude of me, I suppose. But if you take a look, There isn’t overly illegal things here, A few books I forgot to return and some Christmas presents. I never get any presents, so I don’t want to put my classmates through the same things.”
As she turned her head away, Melody commented back with that false sarcastic tone again, her grip on her wand being even tighter, as if she was about to cast a spell any moment.
“Soo...This is worth detention, isn’t it? No matter!~ Sticks and Stones may break my bones, But I don’t care anyways~”
Melody barely cared about punishment, at least in this state. She got a bunch of detentions if acted especially out of order.
@Jeremi

Melody got a firm bop on the head courtesy of Swagglebone's staff. "If you don't believe I know what some of these books are, I'm going to inform you right now that I know every single book in this school. Do not take me for a fool again, girl."

@MelodyMeister

The man looked up at the Professor and frowned "That's true. It's just I have some things on my mind."

@Jeremi

"Anything I can help with?"
Gloriosa asked helpfully. "Teachers are here to help the students after all. And if there's something wrong then I have to help you, right?"

@dark

Unlike some students, Rolien was very excited by the cold. Wearing not inly winterclothes, but also clothing under it. Wanting to outside and get on the ice. Having tried to get out more than once. Not even the snow was dettering the young, Dutch student from trying to get out. Going so far as trying to dig her way out. Even asking teachers to help. And today was not different from several other, having little to no sicces in getting out. Yet, she had everything with her that she wanted to use on the ice. Steels, gloves and anything else she needed. Though the steels do seem quite old and could use a bit more maintenance, they do seem to be usable. She was still busy trying to get her way through the snow, but it was obvious she wasn't getting anywhwere.

"E-Excusme me!"
From behind her Rolien could hear professor Fantasma shouting after her. He looked like a round snow man with all the clothes he had wrapped around himself. Even with all that cover it was clear that he was not having a good time.

@Donder172

"E-Excusme me!" From behind her Rolien could hear professor Fantasma shouting after her. He looked like a round snow man with all the clothes he had wrapped around himself. Even with all that cover it was clear that he was not having a good time.

@Donder172
Rolien turned around as she heard Fantasma shouting after her. "Eh... Yes?" she asked towards the teacher. Noticing he was wearing a lot of clothes to probably an unrealistic amount. "Eh... Is there... something?"

Swagglebone eyed Melody and then looked at the books before looking up at her again. "Why would I waste any of my time to take your books? Second of all, you can't put any demands to me. If I decided to confiscate everything right now I could do it even if it would inconvenience you."

@MelodyMeister

"Penny for your thoughts?"
Professor Maximus had walked by and spotted Alcander sitting by his lonesome and decided on hearing what was going on. "Why are you sitting all alone here? Just looking at the blizzard going on?"

@dark

"Heard that she had a big smile on her face." One of the male students continued. "In fact I heard that she goes rather frequently outside. Probably on a stroll or something, but to continue it on even in this weather? That's determination right there."

@Takumi @Gummi Bunnies

Kit frowned at this information. So..Umbridge went outside frequently? Going outside at a time like this was just odd.

"She does outside frequently?" he muttered rhetorically, trying to make sense of why she wouldn't break routine for her own safety.

@Jeremi @Gummi Bunnies

Rolien turned around as she heard Fantasma shouting after her. "Eh... Yes?" she asked towards the teacher. Noticing he was wearing a lot of clothes to probably an unrealistic amount. "Eh... Is there... something?"

He had finally managed to get close enough, he was wheezing heavily as he tried to catch his breath. "I-Is there something?! It's a b-b-blizzard! W-What are you doing out here?!"

@Donder172

Kit frowned at this information. So..Umbridge went outside frequently? Going outside at a time like this was just odd.

"She does outside frequently?" he muttered rhetorically, trying to make sense of why she wouldn't break routine for her own safety.

@Jeremi @Gummi Bunnies

"Yeah, I mean she's the headmistress and everything so it's not like it's weird but...makes you thing don't it?" One of he students replied.

@Takumi @Gummi Bunnies

He had finally managed to get close enough, he was wheezing heavily as he tried to catch his breath. "I-Is there something?! It's a b-b-blizzard! W-What are you doing out here?!"

@Donder172
"Ohhh... I want to... ehh... schaatsen. But... the snow is in... the way... and the... blizzard is too..." Rolien answered at Fantasma's question. "I am... digging my... way out to the ice. I want to... try now that... there is ice."

Schaatsen: Ice skating

“Gah! By all means, sir! Wait, you remembered all the books? Wow, that’s a lot of dedication, and memory skill...You look about something one hundred and you have better memory than me...I mean, Is this detention? Just to stay here for eternity? I do want to do my homework..”
Melody rubbed her head and looked at Swagglebone with either something that looks like a mix between annoyance and puppy eyes. Besides thinking about concussions and brain injury, Melody was completely saying what ever comes out, not thinking a whole lot about anything. So while she had that aggressive puppy eyes look, she also had a derpy, dissociation at it’s finest.
@Jeremi

"Ohhh... I want to... ehh... schaatsen. But... the snow is in... the way... and the... blizzard is too..." Rolien answered at Fantasma's question. "I am... digging my... way out to the ice. I want to... try now that... there is ice."

Schaatsen: Ice skating

"But, but...t-there's snow everywhere!"
Professor Fantasma protested, the urgency in his voiced tipped off rather easily that he wasn't someone that usually tried to speak with a but more authority. "How c-can you e-e-expect to skate if-" He was cut off by a chilling roar coming from somewhere in the blizzard. Neither Rolien or Fantasma had ever heard anything like it before. "...I t-think we need to go."

@Donder172

“Gah! By all means, sir! Wait, you remembered all the books? Wow, that’s a lot of dedication, and memory skill...You look about something one hundred and you have better memory than me...I mean, Is this detention? Just to stay here for eternity? I do want to do my homework..”
Melody rubbed her head and looked at Swagglebone with either something that looks like a mix between annoyance and puppy eyes. Besides thinking about concussions and brain injury, Melody was completely saying what ever comes out, not thinking a whole lot about anything. So while she had that aggressive puppy eyes look, she also had a derpy, dissociation at it’s finest.
@Jeremi

Professor Swagglebone leaned over Melody as he continued speaking with a very annoyed tinge in his voice. "If it hasn't become clear to you already, girl. I do not care what you are up to. The only thing I care about is idiocy right in front of me, which you have showcased quite a bit since I entered this room. You are seeking knowledge, how can I decline that?"

@MelodyMeister

"But, but...t-there's snow everywhere!" Professor Fantasma protested, the urgency in his voiced tipped off rather easily that he wasn't someone that usually tried to speak with a but more authority. "How c-can you e-e-expect to skate if-" He was cut off by a chilling roar coming from somewhere in the blizzard. Neither Rolien or Fantasma had ever heard anything like it before. "...I t-think we need to go."

@Donder172
"That is why I... ehh... why I am digging." Rolien answered. As she heard the chilling roar, she looked intk the direction of the sound for a moment. "You think it's a bad thing?" Rolien asked Fantasma about the sound. While partly agreeing with her, she was a bit curious what it was coming from. "Maybe it is... ehh... someone... in need of help...? A very... strange person... or it... might just be the... ehh... wind."

@Donder172

"Yeah, I mean she's the headmistress and everything so it's not like it's weird but...makes you thing don't it?" One of he students replied.

@Takumi @Gummi Bunnies

"I guess so." Kit shrugged. He just...couldn't help but think of Halloween night and how awful it had been. His stomach twisted in knots just thinking about it.

After a moment of thought he stood. "Excuse me." he said, before heading for the doors of the Great Hall to leave. If Rio hadn't gotten his money back, Kit was sure he was off doing something that could get him hurt, and that concerned him greatly.

@Jeremi @Gummi Bunnies

“Ah, yes. I’m a idiot at most things, I suppose, and I do suppose I should be seeking knowledge, I don’t know...But I think that’s it.”
Melody gave a one eyed wink and gave a nervous “ahahaha...”, while still crossing her arms and idly moving about. The haughty mask she had tried to put on began to fall off. Melody is a emotional but simple girl after all, she can’t keep up with something for long unless she needed to.
“But..S-say? Wh-what do you...mean by...kno-know-knowledge?”
@Jeremi

"That is why I... ehh... why I am digging." Rolien answered. As she heard the chilling roar, she looked intk the direction of the sound for a moment. "You think it's a bad thing?" Rolien asked Fantasma about the sound. While partly agreeing with her, she was a bit curious what it was coming from. "Maybe it is... ehh... someone... in need of help...? A very... strange person... or it... might just be the... ehh... wind."

"I-I don't think it's the wind."
Fantasma replied motioning Rolien along in the blizzard. The roar echoed inside of the snowstorm another time this time sounding much closer than last time. If this picked up whatever was coming after them would descend upon them any minute now. "...G-Go." Professor Fantasma had stopped in the snow and pulled his wand and urged Rolien to go on with out him. "D-Don't worry I-I will be right behind you. P-Promise."

@Donder172

“Ah, yes. I’m a idiot at most things, I suppose, and I do suppose I should be seeking knowledge, I don’t know...But I think that’s it.”
Melody gave a one eyed wink and gave a nervous “ahahaha...”, while still crossing her arms and idly moving about. The haughty mask she had tried to put on began to fall off. Melody is a emotional but simple girl after all, she can’t keep up with something for long unless she needed to.
“But..S-say? Wh-what do you...mean by...kno-know-knowledge?”
@Jeremi

"What does one usually mean when they say knowledge?"
Swagglebone asked with a cocked eyebrow. "How have you managed to survive life?"

@MelodyMeister

"Of course I'm going! Listen, Juno, isn't it a little, you know, convenient that the first blizzard of fifty years happens the same year all of these incidents have?" Rio had become something of a conspiracy theorist these past few weeks, trying to piece together what was going on. "I mean, no one can get home or contact their parents and tell them what's going on...isn't that at least a little bit weird to you?"

Oh no. Kit was coming. Putting on his best big brother smile, Rio waved at him. "Oh hey, Kit! What's up?"

@Ver @Takumi

“Eh? Surviving life? We-well...I mean, I’m not really sure! I-I..My memories are really bad, so I’m not sure about primary school, but in Hog-Hogwarts, I’m usually not this idiotic, at-at...least in pub..lic...Ahahaha..Well, it doesn’t matter wh-why anyways, I’m..I’m still al-alive after all! Yes?”
Melody seemed to be shaking now, and her speech seemed to be kind of slurred or stuttered, as well as her moving nervously. She gripped her wand tightly and seemed to be doing a non verbal spell.
@Jeremi

"I-I don't think it's the wind." Fantasma replied motioning Rolien along in the blizzard. The roar echoed inside of the snowstorm another time this time sounding much closer than last time. If this picked up whatever was coming after them would descend upon them any minute now. "...G-Go." Professor Fantasma had stopped in the snow and pulled his wand and urged Rolien to go on with out him. "D-Don't worry I-I will be right behind you. P-Promise."

@Donder172
"Then... what is it?" Rolien asked Fantasma as she heard the roar again, but this time closer. She looks towards Fantasma's wand as he pulled it. "Are you sure...? Maybe... we should... both go back. Or... maybe call... the... ehh... police? If it is... eh... dangerous?" Rolien asked Fantasma. She didn't seem to want to go back alone or perhaps not aware of the possible danger. She slowly pulls out her own wand, even though she would most likely have nothing to use aside using it as the weakest club ever if whatever outside and possibly approaching is hostile. But perhaps whatever possible hostile out there might not know that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back