Status
Not open for further replies.
Remy had remained quiet throughout the whole bottom investigation, finding himself rather useless in this portion of the mission. He was honestly starting to wonder why he even came along; clearly, with everyone else having some sort of magical abilities or scientific prowess, he was about as useful as...wait.

"You." He looked at Maple, eyes narrowed as he tried to put a name to her face. "I know you. Did you go to Hogwarts?"

@MelodyMeister

@Atomic Knight @Ver @Jeremi @Takumi @Lucky @Gummi Bunnies @York @Lucky @Hahli Nuva

Good, as long as she got the visual bit of her power correct, she’ll be able to see where she’ll be before teleporting into oblivion. Maple sighed, with the coordinates, items, visual aids and everything else she has to plan, she always thought that her ‘convenient’ power was more complex then just taking a spaceship. And that wasn’t getting into the external stuff...
“Thanks for the advice.”

The lady muttered underneath her breath before standing back up and closing her eyes, trying to think of where to teleport. If she teleported too high, then it’ll be the end of her, she really
had to close her eyes and concentrate, see where they were.

“A small stone platform. Ah, I should make this quick. I don’t want to appear on top of someone. Let’s see..Planet Ash, of this universe, umm...somewhere in this mine and three feet north and ten metres bel-”

Someone was talking to her, and Maple lost focus. Well, she doing with all those subjective numbers that she’ll go to the correct location anyways. Although she’ll get a massive migraine if she made the location anymore concrete, there wasn’t much of a choice.

What was this guy talking about anyways to interrupt her? Couldn’t they have been taken down already? No, she couldn’t think like that, that was impolite.

It took her a little time to reply.
“...Hogwarts? You don’t mean...May I ask why you are asking this? Well, yes.”
That Hogwarts experience was the MAIN reason she didn’t want to travel to this multiverse anyways. It’s been a few years, sure, but that situation was full of despair and darkness, even by her standards.

She had determined that this multiverse was in very large conflict, and didn’t want to return here. Still, she tried her best to reply, although she acted like it was an old memory of when she was younger.

“It’s a long story. I and others were under the thought we were students, when we really were under the control of a monster. It may not be as unpleasant as me burning that village down, but it’s not a good experience. I was this girl who was...Oh, Did you know me back then, perhaps?”

That was the only option right? On why he asked her? She recognised his face very slightly...but it may have been just someone else, right?

@MelodyMeister @Atomic Knight @Ver @Jeremi @Takumi @Lucky @Gummi Bunnies @York @Lucky @Hahli Nuva

Artorius gave Remy and Maple a sidelong glance as Liara and the others worked together to start descending down the hole. "This doesn't sound particularly relevant to our mission," he said dryly. It was not exactly a reprimand, in a way.

Soon enough, everyone had descended down in whatever manner they had so chosen. The platform was small, but not enough so that everyone could not fit on it. Sorey had spent the time trying to see anything around them but was out of luck until Artorius and Seres had arrived.

"There is a platform across from us," Seres announced, tossing what seemed to be a piece of paper into the abyss. It soon ignited where it landed, revealing a platform across a large gap.

"Perhaps the bridge across broke, or maybe there is a trick we're missing," Mikleo mused. "... Though, unfortunately, it would be a lot harder to float the group across horizontally than it was to slow our descent. Unless the one who can fly wants to ferry us--"

"There's no need!"

Sorey laughed and pointed upward. "You can see it, right? There are vines we can use to swing across!"

"Vines?" Artorius questioned. "An odd thing. Perhaps this room contained water at some point. No doubt the surge of malevolence made these ruins dry as well."

Sorey would normally have found such a discussion fascinating, but he was becoming rather excited about the process of swinging on vines. He stood on the edge of the platform and reached for the closest one, forcing Mikleo to step forward and grab the hand of his friend before he topped over into the abyss. "Come on, Mikleo!" Sorey exclaimed, pulling the vine into his hand and grabbing Mikleo's waist with the other.

B6KYxwT.gif

"Ready?"

"I'm not sure--"

"Let's go!"

Sorey grinned as he leaped from the edge, pulling Mikleo himself into a wide swing, much to Artorius' disappointment.

@Lucky @Hahli Nuva @Ver @Jeremi @Takumi @Yun Lee @Gummi Bunnies @York @MelodyMeister

Nathan Drake

Nathan had been silently following along and making sketches of the objects that seemed to be of some importance. He also drew the platform and now the vines while he was here. He had learned that every little detail mattered in adventuring and life. It was weird that it took retrograde amnesia to realize that, but such was life. " We should be careful of not putting two much weight on the vines, they might snap if we aren't careful," he replied, grabbing the nearest vine to swing from.

@Atomic Knight 2@Hahli Nuva @Ver @Jeremi @Takumi @Yun Lee @Gummi Bunnies @York @MelodyMeister

a_HQ1ntl.png

"Wow, it never ends. The descent just goes on and on," Alisha said with a soft voice, almost impressed with the make-up of the place if not for how unnerving it could be for someone, especially if one were afraid of heights.

Even so, the girl let out a soft giggle as she saw Sorey wrap his arm around Mikleo and swing across in such a playful manner; it seemed that even in such a dreary place like this, the younger Shepherd managed to keep his spirits up. Or maybe it was precisely because they were in such old ruins that he was in a better mood.

"Dear me, those boys really are like brothers. Perhaps even closer than that," she idly commented. After Nate swung across himself, Alisha opted to go next, expertly swinging across despite the heavy-looking armor and weaponry she had on her.

@Atomic Knight @Hahli Nuva @Lucky @Gummi Bunnies @Takumi @Yun Lee @Jeremi @York @MelodyMeister

"Hmph." That was all Remy had to say to their leader. Really, who could stand being around someone so serious and no-nonsense all the time? How obnoxious...

...hm. Maybe there was a lesson to be learned here.

As Alisha made her comment about brothers, Remy raised an eyebrow. Really? Brothers? Even he could see that all that affection wasn't exactly brotherly-and he had spent a good while as a very affectionate older brother. Still, Remy had a job to do, and it wasn't to question the relationship of two teenagers. Grabbing for a vine, he would take a swing, himself.

@Atomic Knight @Ver @MelodyMeister @Takumi @Jeremu @Lucky @Gummi Bunnies @York @Hahli Nuva

“Sorry about the late reply...I was called Melody..Cristela, I think...”
She quietly replied to Remy. Maple was leaning on the wall, trying to not seem dizzy and faint. This was why she never teleported when she was tired, espically so quickly. She rubbed her temples and took a deep breath. It was only a headache, sure, it hurt, but she couldn’t be so weak.

Hearing something about vines, she stumbled over to where the vines were, and stared at them coldly. Sighing, the woman grabbed on to a vine nearby and tried her best to get enough momentum to get to the other side.

Maple knew what it was like to get stuck in the middle, and she wasn’t a fan of screaming for help while the vine was breaking. That’s why she pushed hard enough to likely swing over to the other platform.

@Atomic Knight @Ver @MelodyMeister @Takumi @Jeremi @Lucky @Gummi Bunnies @York @Hahli Nuva

Last edited:
Artorius gave Remy and Maple a sidelong glance as Liara and the others worked together to start descending down the hole. "This doesn't sound particularly relevant to our mission," he said dryly. It was not exactly a reprimand, in a way.

Soon enough, everyone had descended down in whatever manner they had so chosen. The platform was small, but not enough so that everyone could not fit on it. Sorey had spent the time trying to see anything around them but was out of luck until Artorius and Seres had arrived.

"There is a platform across from us," Seres announced, tossing what seemed to be a piece of paper into the abyss. It soon ignited where it landed, revealing a platform across a large gap.

"Perhaps the bridge across broke, or maybe there is a trick we're missing," Mikleo mused. "... Though, unfortunately, it would be a lot harder to float the group across horizontally than it was to slow our descent. Unless the one who can fly wants to ferry us--"

"There's no need!"

Sorey laughed and pointed upward. "You can see it, right? There are vines we can use to swing across!"

"Vines?" Artorius questioned. "An odd thing. Perhaps this room contained water at some point. No doubt the surge of malevolence made these ruins dry as well."

Sorey would normally have found such a discussion fascinating, but he was becoming rather excited about the process of swinging on vines. He stood on the edge of the platform and reached for the closest one, forcing Mikleo to step forward and grab the hand of his friend before he topped over into the abyss. "Come on, Mikleo!" Sorey exclaimed, pulling the vine into his hand and grabbing Mikleo's waist with the other.

B6KYxwT.gif

"Ready?"

"I'm not sure--"

"Let's go!"

Sorey grinned as he leaped from the edge, pulling Mikleo himself into a wide swing, much to Artorius' disappointment.

@Lucky @Hahli Nuva @Ver @Jeremi @Takumi @Yun Lee @Gummi Bunnies @York @MelodyMeister

Well this was exciting. Liara thought to himself. This was like a real archeological investigation. Liara recalls back to that one holovid Shepard had showed her during date night. Well, when in Rome and all that.

Liara took a few steps back and with the help of her biotics leaped to the nearest vine to swing across.

Without much word, Dlanor grabbed a hold of the vine to swing to the other side with ease. It was almost like she knew the exact procedure of this to ensure a relatively pleasant landing. Obvious to say that these ruins have been in a deteriorating state for god knows how long. With that mind, it was right to assume that anything that was handled without the slightest amount of care in these premises would be suggested to be avoided at all costs.

She knew that much, but she chose to stay silent. It was a small and minor detail that she thought on, and nothing more. It held no bearing to the true meaning of this exploration, so she waited for the rest of the group to proceed to the next point of interest.

@Lucky @Hahli Nuva @Ver @Jeremi @Takumi @Yun Lee @York @MelodyMeister @Atomic Knight

Will wandered into the room with the others, noticing the old equipment and barren walls. Someone was looking for something
here, but what?

Will could feel the dark energy left in the atmosphere. The Order had definetly been here, but to what extent she did not know.

"Keep your eyes peeled. I've felt dark energy the moment we stepped foot inside."

@Atomic Knight @Ver @Jeremi @Takumi @Lucky @Gummi Bunnies @MelodyMeister
@York
image.png

"I don't think she's lying, Sir Artorius. If she meant us any harm, I imagine she would have already made a move against us, so I don't think there's much cause for alarm, at least anymore," Alisha suggested to the taller man, echoing Schala's sentiment. Indeed, as the girl who called herself "Maple" attempted to explain herself to them, the former princess could only bite her lip mildly. She may have just said earlier that Ash was rife with lost souls who were capable of popping up at any moment or place, but they've already drawn two outsiders here! So much for a covert operation... If only they'd shown up at the outpost instead.

... But then again, that Fukawa girl wasn't exactly the friendliest, especially for a supposed representative. Neither was Mr. Trevor either for that matter.

Guess it couldn't be helped, either way.

Turning toward Maple, a somewhat concerned expression on her face, Alisha spoke again. "A universe traveler... Like some sort of aimless world hopper? Seems like the organization bumps into so many of those kinds of people... Like that strange man always bothering the M.E.U. or so..." She murmured idly, before clearing her throat, "As for letting you stick with us... Um, what do you think, Mister Artorius? I'm not quite sure about it, really..."

@Atomic Knight @Hahli Nuva @MelodyMeister @York @Lucky @Yun Lee @Takumi @Jeremi @Gummi Bunnies

"A drop could likely prove fatal," Artorius said, hoping to quell any less-than-careful ideas amidst the group.

Sorey seemed to be thinking deeply for the last few moments, but now he had an idea. "We'll send a scouting party!" he said, standing to his feet. "No need to go all at once. Those who can fly can go down, while Mikleo carries me down and Liara helps someone else! That sounds like a good amount."

"The steps are not eroded all the way down," Seres said, "but I can not determine what exactly awaits at the bottom."

After a deep breath, Artorius nodded. "Seres will drop another fireball to light the way during your descent."

Sorey nodded excitedly and hunched over the hole, ready to go. Mikleo sighed, having not really approved of this, but figured that Sorey was as good as anyone to head down. As Seres dropped fire into the hole, a sphere of water enveloped Sorey that raised him into the air before slowly lowering him into the abyss.

Will slowly used her wings to descend, keeping the team's aura and hearbeats synced with her own. If any of them were diving into an ambush, she would sense it before the trap went off. So far so good, it seemed.

"Let's tread lightly. We don't know what's down here. That being said, if we're walking into a trap I'll be the first to let you know."

@Lucky @Ver @Jeremi @Takumi @Yun Lee @Gummi Bunnies @York @MelodyMeister @Atomic Knight
Sorey scanned the wall of the hole closely as he descended, realizing he could see more markings in the dim light. In them was a scene of the same pilgrims as before stepping into a pillar of light. "The light could be a metaphor..." he said absently, not even realizing as he and Will were about to reach the other end of the hole. He let out a bit of a gasp when they entered another large open area, but too little light to see much of anything beyond what Seres' flame offered.

"You can see remnants of the steps going even further down into this wide room," he said. "I think there's a platform below, circular and--" Suddenly, the bubble of water containing him burst and Sorey yelped. He started to fall, but was not quite above the platform and missed landing on it. He grabbed the edge and dangled over the abyss as he laughed in disbelief. "Wow...!"

Sorey grunted as he held on. "Just a single stone platform... Just big enough for us all to stand on."

Up above with the others, Mikleo winced. "I think something went wrong," he said.

Will quickly flew down and landed on the platform, using The Heart to provide light for everyone to see. She bent down and extended a hand to help Sorey up, looking around to see just where they landed.

"It's okay, I've got you!"

The Keeper looked around at her surroundings. Just where were they, and what or who used this platform?

"The deeper we go, the more questions I have..."

@Atomic Knight @Lucky @Ver @Jeremi @Takumi @Yun Lee @Gummi Bunnies @York @MelodyMeister
...Still nothing. Maple had concentrated as hard as she could, and the most she could achieve without side effects was teleporting, or more so flickering to, a few metres. Had she really exhausted that much in teleporting to this multiverse? How pitiful, she led herself into this situation, the blame for getting here was all on her.
“If only I could fly..”

Of course something went wrong, Maple could just feel it, a bad feeling, that she, as a vigilante, should fix. A drop could prove fatal, that was what someone said. But if she could teleport hard enough...Well, maybe a head-hammering headache might be a good enough side effect.

She tried to raise her voice, and said to the people in the hole, although she had a feeling they won’t hear it.
“Excuse me, is there anyone there? If so, tell me where you are, I think I can come down through...my own methods.”

@Atomic Knight @Lucky @Ver @Jeremi @Takumi @Yun Lee @Gummi Bunnies @York @MelodyMeister
Sorey gave Will a small thanks as she helped him up. He then put his hands on his hips and turned around to examine the edges of the platform. Thankfully, Seres' flames had stopped to float just above them, though its light not reaching beyond the platform itself. "I bet the way forward has also fallen," Sorey said, before looking up. He raised his hands to his mouth and yelled, "It's safe to come down, just do it slowly!"

Above, Sorey's voice could just barely be heard, but the gist of what he said was clear.

"I'm not sure how reliable my magic will be, considering the situation," Mikleo said.

Artorius shook his head. "With Dr. T'Soni's assistance, it will just take some time."

Lwai glanced down into the hole. He tried to use the camera like pupils of his eyes to scan it from where he stood, and to see if he could find Will and Sorey.

"There's no need to rush, since there's no telling how deep this hole is. I just hope I'm not too heavy." he commented. The Prince doubted he would be awfully heavy, but being an android, although able to pull anazing feats, it wasn't clear if he was heavy or light in some cases.

@Atomic Knight @Yun Lee @Hahli Nuva @Ver @Jeremi @Gummi Bunnies @York @Lucky @MelodyMeister
Liara nodded to Artorius. "Yes, I should be able to ferry everyone who doesn't have the ability to do so. Now, who will be the first to travel down on the Liara T'Soni express?"

Remy had remained quiet throughout the whole bottom investigation, finding himself rather useless in this portion of the mission. He was honestly starting to wonder why he even came along; clearly, with everyone else having some sort of magical abilities or scientific prowess, he was about as useful as...wait.

"You." He looked at Maple, eyes narrowed as he tried to put a name to her face. "I know you. Did you go to Hogwarts?"

@MelodyMeister

@Atomic Knight @Ver @Jeremi @Takumi @Lucky @Gummi Bunnies @York @Lucky @Hahli Nuva
Good, as long as she got the visual bit of her power correct, she’ll be able to see where she’ll be before teleporting into oblivion. Maple sighed, with the coordinates, items, visual aids and everything else she has to plan, she always thought that her ‘convenient’ power was more complex then just taking a spaceship. And that wasn’t getting into the external stuff...
“Thanks for the advice.”

The lady muttered underneath her breath before standing back up and closing her eyes, trying to think of where to teleport. If she teleported too high, then it’ll be the end of her, she really
had to close her eyes and concentrate, see where they were.

“A small stone platform. Ah, I should make this quick. I don’t want to appear on top of someone. Let’s see..Planet Ash, of this universe, umm...somewhere in this mine and three feet north and ten metres bel-”

Someone was talking to her, and Maple lost focus. Well, she doing with all those subjective numbers that she’ll go to the correct location anyways. Although she’ll get a massive migraine if she made the location anymore concrete, there wasn’t much of a choice.

What was this guy talking about anyways to interrupt her? Couldn’t they have been taken down already? No, she couldn’t think like that, that was impolite.

It took her a little time to reply.
“...Hogwarts? You don’t mean...May I ask why you are asking this? Well, yes.”
That Hogwarts experience was the MAIN reason she didn’t want to travel to this multiverse anyways. It’s been a few years, sure, but that situation was full of despair and darkness, even by her standards.

She had determined that this multiverse was in very large conflict, and didn’t want to return here. Still, she tried her best to reply, although she acted like it was an old memory of when she was younger.

“It’s a long story. I and others were under the thought we were students, when we really were under the control of a monster. It may not be as unpleasant as me burning that village down, but it’s not a good experience. I was this girl who was...Oh, Did you know me back then, perhaps?”

That was the only option right? On why he asked her? She recognised his face very slightly...but it may have been just someone else, right?

@MelodyMeister @Atomic Knight @Ver @Jeremi @Takumi @Lucky @Gummi Bunnies @York @Lucky @Hahli Nuva
"I'm fully aware of what happened there," Remy said, looking irritated. Jeez, what a pain. Why would he ask about it if he didn't know what it was? Cool down Remy...she's just a kid. He paused, taking a moment to force himself to soften. "...Yeah. I was there. I went by the name Rio Myre. Who were you again?"

@MelodyMeister

@Atomic Knight @Ver @Jeremi @Takumi @Gummi Bunnies @York @Lucky @Hahli Nuva

"There's no need!"

B6KYxwT.gif

"Ready?"

"I'm not sure--"

"Let's go!"

Nathan Drake

Nathan had been silently following along and making sketches of the objects that seemed to be of some importance. He also drew the platform and now the vines while he was here. He had learned that every little detail mattered in adventuring and life. It was weird that it took retrograde amnesia to realize that, but such was life. " We should be careful of not putting two much weight on the vines, they might snap if we aren't careful," he replied, grabbing the nearest vine to swing from.

@Atomic Knight 2@Hahli Nuva @Ver @Jeremi @Takumi @Yun Lee @Gummi Bunnies @York @MelodyMeister
a_HQ1ntl.png

"Wow, it never ends. The descent just goes on and on," Alisha said with a soft voice, almost impressed with the make-up of the place if not for how unnerving it could be for someone, especially if one were afraid of heights.

Even so, the girl let out a soft giggle as she saw Sorey wrap his arm around Mikleo and swing across in such a playful manner; it seemed that even in such a dreary place like this, the younger Shepherd managed to keep his spirits up. Or maybe it was precisely because they were in such old ruins that he was in a better mood.

"Dear me, those boys really are like brothers. Perhaps even closer than that," she idly commented. After Nate swung across himself, Alisha opted to go next, expertly swinging across despite the heavy-looking armor and weaponry she had on her.

@Atomic Knight @Hahli Nuva @Lucky @Gummi Bunnies @Takumi @Yun Lee @Jeremi @York @MelodyMeister
"Hmph." That was all Remy had to say to their leader. Really, who could stand being around someone so serious and no-nonsense all the time? How obnoxious...

...hm. Maybe there was a lesson to be learned here.

As Alisha made her comment about brothers, Remy raised an eyebrow. Really? Brothers? Even he could see that all that affection wasn't exactly brotherly-and he had spent a good while as a very affectionate older brother. Still, Remy had a job to do, and it wasn't to question the relationship of two teenagers. Grabbing for a vine, he would take a swing, himself.

@Atomic Knight @Ver @MelodyMeister @Takumi @Jeremu @Lucky @Gummi Bunnies @York @Hahli Nuva

She quietly replied to Remy. Maple was leaning on the wall, trying to not seem dizzy and faint. This was why she never teleported when she was tired, espically so quickly. She rubbed her temples and took a deep breath. It was only a headache, sure, it hurt, but she couldn’t be so weak.

Hearing something about vines, she stumbled over to where the vines were, and stared at them coldly. Sighing, the woman grabbed on to a vine nearby and tried her best to get enough momentum to get to the other side.

Maple knew what it was like to get stuck in the middle, and she wasn’t a fan of screaming for help while the vine was breaking. That’s why she pushed hard enough to likely swing over to the other platform.

@Atomic Knight @Ver @MelodyMeister @Takumi @Jeremi @Lucky @Gummi Bunnies @York @Hahli Nuva

Well this was exciting. Liara thought to himself. This was like a real archeological investigation. Liara recalls back to that one holovid Shepard had showed her during date night. Well, when in Rome and all that.

Liara took a few steps back and with the help of her biotics leaped to the nearest vine to swing across.

Without much word, Dlanor grabbed a hold of the vine to swing to the other side with ease. It was almost like she knew the exact procedure of this to ensure a relatively pleasant landing. Obvious to say that these ruins have been in a deteriorating state for god knows how long. With that mind, it was right to assume that anything that was handled without the slightest amount of care in these premises would be suggested to be avoided at all costs.

She knew that much, but she chose to stay silent. It was a small and minor detail that she thought on, and nothing more. It held no bearing to the true meaning of this exploration, so she waited for the rest of the group to proceed to the next point of interest.

@Lucky @Hahli Nuva @Ver @Jeremi @Takumi @Yun Lee @York @MelodyMeister @Atomic Knight
Schala Zeal
@Lucky @Hahli Nuva @Ver @Jeremi @Takumi @Yun Lee @Gummi Bunnies @MelodyMeister @Atomic Knight

Schala eagerly accepted Sorey's proposal to send a scouting party, choosing to be one of the many to explore ahead. Musing over the markings on the wall; a dim scene of pilgrims stepping into a "light", something of a metaphor, possible. As they ventured deeper and deeper down, their way was becoming more and more dangerous.

While she was eager to find out what was at the bottom, the increased risk to their safety their path downwards posed weighed constantly on her mind. Sorey's near fatal incident due to a collapse in the path didn't help; it seemed like these ruins were not fully intact anymore. Was it a mere result of age that caused this? Or was there something more...

Memories of what had happened to her Kingdom flashed through her mind, but eventually... She let out a small sigh, deciding to shake off her worries for now for the better or worse. Clinging onto a vine as she attempted to swing her way across the gap.

"What do you expect to find... Down here?" She asked, not necessarily to anyone in particular.

Once again, the young magus was thinking out loud; although she had many years of experience in her field, working with arcane magics that sometimes even defied her comprehension... There were still many things she had yet to explore, especially when she stumbled across the fact that there is a multiverse to begin with. Perhaps she hoped to better understand what may have caused malevolence on such a scale as it did on this place... And maybe, she hoped she could find some answers in these ruins.

If the cause of the planet's malevolence levels was not the inhabitants themselves, or the conditions in which was created, then perhaps the answer would be found closer to its core... As there may very well be something deeply rooted within this place... Not unlike Lavos, to Earth, but then again... Perhaps this was Schala reliving her old fears once again.​

Last edited:
It seemed everyone would make it across just fine, but unexpectedly, the last person to leap, Schala, had her vine break on her. With incredible reaction time, Artorius leaned over the gap and grabbed her just in time. He was leaning out far enough that he had to be exerting a large amount of strength to keep himself upright.

Sorey let out an impressed cheer for his fellow Shepherd while Mikleo stepped forward to help Artorius pull Schala to safety.

548Kr04.png

"What we seek to find is anything that would help us combat malevolence," Artorius said to her. "The multiverse has its share of secrets. We do not know what could help us in our endeavors. What better place to look than a world so utterly ravaged by this dark energy?"

The man then turned around and led the group forward with Seres continuing to light the path. To the group's sides were what appeared to be square stone shrines with archways and pedestals in the middle of them.

"Maybe there were speakers here?" Sorey asked. "Or... maybe individuals worthy of display?"

"These could have been places for offerings," Mikleo responded. "Either way, if there was once water running through this place, it would have looked awe-inspiring."

"It's a shame there's no light! Debris must be covering the natural light they would have had..."

Eventually, the group came to a dead end. A large stone door stood before them, but it could not be pushed or pulled open. However, three peculiar stone platforms were in front of the door. "This looks kind of familiar..." Mikleo said, cupping his chin.

NFjxhy_I.png

"In a way, it brings to mind the old ruins we explored back home, doesn't it, Mikleo?" Alisha said, curiously eyeing the expertly crafted door along with the others. Despite her words, even though the ruins here did indeed hold a similar air to the ones back home, the air here felt more... eerie to a degree in comparison. Colder. Darker.

More evil.

A legacy thousands of years left behind, still alive today in some form. It was unnerving, Alisha had to admit to herself, but she resolved to keep moving forward as long as she was with her trusted allies.

As she took sight of the platforms along with Mikleo, she followed her first instinct, walking over to one and stepping onto it with both her feet, wondering what the effect might be.

"To that end, maybe there's some sort of complex mechanism in place to open this door. Hopefully it still works, if that's even the case."

@Atomic Knight @Hahli Nuva @Lucky @Gummi Bunnies @MelodyMeister @Takumi @Jeremi @York

Will had simply chosen to continue flying, her wings fluttering behind her.

She had been to many planets in different dimensions in her life and many of them contained ruins of old and ancient civilizations. As she followed the group, she couldn't help but imagine that Taranee would love to be here, exploring her favorite subject.

" I've been to many different worlds in my lifetime, but this is something else. I feel something here. I'm not sure who or what it is, but we are not alone..."

@York @Atomic Knight @Jeremi @MelodyMeister @Takumi @Lucky @Gummi Bunnies @Ver

It seemed everyone would make it across just fine, but unexpectedly, the last person to leap, Schala, had her vine break on her. With incredible reaction time, Artorius leaned over the gap and grabbed her just in time. He was leaning out far enough that he had to be exerting a large amount of strength to keep himself upright.

Sorey let out an impressed cheer for his fellow Shepherd while Mikleo stepped forward to help Artorius pull Schala to safety.

548Kr04.png

"What we seek to find is anything that would help us combat malevolence," Artorius said to her. "The multiverse has its share of secrets. We do not know what could help us in our endeavors. What better place to look than a world so utterly ravaged by this dark energy?"

The man then turned around and led the group forward with Seres continuing to light the path. To the group's sides were what appeared to be square stone shrines with archways and pedestals in the middle of them.

"Maybe there were speakers here?" Sorey asked. "Or... maybe individuals worthy of display?"

"These could have been places for offerings," Mikleo responded. "Either way, if there was once water running through this place, it would have looked awe-inspiring."

"It's a shame there's no light! Debris must be covering the natural light they would have had..."

Eventually, the group came to a dead end. A large stone door stood before them, but it could not be pushed or pulled open. However, three peculiar stone platforms were in front of the door. "This looks kind of familiar..." Mikleo said, cupping his chin.

"Perhaps I'm stating the obvious," Liara replied. "But I imagine the stone platforms could be the key." She'd go up closer to the platforms to give them a closer look.

@Lucky @Hahli Nuva @Ver @Jeremi @Takumi @Yun Lee @Gummi Bunnies @York @MelodyMeister @Atomic Knight

548Kr04.png

NFjxhy_I.png

"In a way, it brings to mind the old ruins we explored back home, doesn't it, Mikleo?" Alisha said, curiously eyeing the expertly crafted door along with the others. Despite her words, even though the ruins here did indeed hold a similar air to the ones back home, the air here felt more... eerie to a degree in comparison. Colder. Darker.

More evil.

A legacy thousands of years left behind, still alive today in some form. It was unnerving, Alisha had to admit to herself, but she resolved to keep moving forward as long as she was with her trusted allies.

As she took sight of the platforms along with Mikleo, she followed her first instinct, walking over to one and stepping onto it with both her feet, wondering what the effect might be.

"To that end, maybe there's some sort of complex mechanism in place to open this door. Hopefully it still works, if that's even the case."

@Atomic Knight @Hahli Nuva @Lucky @Gummi Bunnies @MelodyMeister @Takumi @Jeremi @York
Nathan Drake

" As easy it would be to just stand on them and assume they are pressure sensitive, I feel we need to find something from the shrines we passed to put on them. If I remember correctly, the gimmick is to look at what we saw. We also might need to clear the debris to get some light in here."

@Atomic Knight @Hahli Nuva @Ver @Gummi Bunnies @MelodyMeister @Takumi @Jeremi @York
Will had simply chosen to continue flying, her wings fluttering behind her.

She had been to many planets in different dimensions in her life and many of them contained ruins of old and ancient civilizations. As she followed the group, she couldn't help but imagine that Taranee would love to be here, exploring her favorite subject.

" I've been to many different worlds in my lifetime, but this is something else. I feel something here. I'm not sure who or what it is, but we are not alone..."

@York @Atomic Knight @Jeremi @MelodyMeister @Takumi @Lucky @Gummi Bunnies @Ver
"Perhaps I'm stating the obvious," Liara replied. "But I imagine the stone platforms could be the key." She'd go up closer to the platforms to give them a closer look.

@Lucky @Hahli Nuva @Ver @Jeremi @Takumi @Yun Lee @Gummi Bunnies @York @MelodyMeister @Atomic Knight
Schala Zeal
@Lucky @Hahli Nuva @Ver @Jeremi @Takumi @Yun Lee @Gummi Bunnies @Atomic Knight @MelodyMeister

There was barely time to gasp in surprise as Schala's vine snapped under her weight. While she had quite a fair amount of arcane power to boot, she did not have the time to concentrate to save herself by using it. So instead, her hands grasped the air, trying to find something... Anything to hold onto. Fortunately, she eventually found Mikleo... Who with some quick reaction time had grabbed her before she fell, even giving him a grateful hug if she were allowed to before she listened to his answer to her question.

"I see... It is only logical... I suppose." She said quietly, nodding a little as she thought about their goal here.

Of course, she too was searching for things that may help her combat malevolence, but... She also knew the great risk it posed to search places like this, although they did tend to yield more results, they were scarce and often dangerous. On the other hand, it was nothing the young (ex) princess felt like she couldn't handle.

Gazing in awe at her surroundings as they explored deeper and deeper into the ruins they were in, the discussion of the nature of the shrines began to make Schala herself wonder about what kind of lives were once lead in this place. Was it anything like the late Kingdom of Zeal? Likely not, but there was most certainly some out of the ordinary activities occurring here.

Eventually, when they reached a room with 3 stone platforms in front of a large door... She stopped, assessing the area, and listening once more to ideas others had about how to open them.

Carefully, she made a motion to step onto one of the platforms, wondering if her weight on the surface would trigger anything. The mechanism she was thinking these platforms functioned under was rather primitive, but quite easy to understand and work with. Outside of the Kingdom of Zeal, there had been a few select instances where she had experienced such technology... To some degree.​

"It does remind me of back home, but also something else..." Mikleo tilted his head, trying to think of what exactly he was thinking of, but Sorey already figured it out.

"Ah, you're right!" he exclaimed. "It is just like those other Ash ruins we explored!" He stepped on a stone platform like Schala and both sunk into the ground. Shrugging, Mikleo stepped on the third, causing the stone door before them to open.

"I wonder if..." Mikleo stepped off the platform, expecting it to close the door, but it stood open for half a minute before it reset. "I wouldn't call that much of a puzzle, would you?"

pA0tpBo.png

"Maybe it's not meant to be," Sorey said thoughtfully. "These ruins seemed built with the purpose of being inviting. Perhaps it was a place of worship? In any case, I think this was just implemented to ensure only groups of people could enter the inner sanctum."

"That sounds like a logical theory," Artorius said, "and would be supported by the idea that the walk to this door was originally not as treacherous as it is today. However, the earlier markings tell me there is something more to these ruins than that." Artorius then looked upward as he considered what Nathan suggested. "... We are far down enough that it may be too difficult to reveal the natural light. Besides, attacking the ceiling would only spell doom for all of us. For now, Seres' flames are all we'll be able to rely on."

The group could enter the next room from there, where after a small walk through a large hallway, they came to a large room. Across from the group were steps that led up to a large pedestal or stage where finely sculpted stone chairs had been erected.

"There doesn't seem to be any way to proceed," Mikleo said. "Fitting, for this was likely where individuals met with their religious leaders."

"Perhaps that is so," Artorius replied, "but there is no doubt in my mind that there is more beneath the surface. For the average man or woman, this was where their journey ended, but I am sure a select few were honored with something much more."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back