Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorey thought about this but ultimately wasn't sure what to make of Remy's suggestion. "Sure, there's the purifying flame that Shepherds of my generation use," he said, "but it's not really something I can conjure at will to light torches."

Mikleo crossed his arms and turned to Remy. "Sorey has nothing to do with this planet or even this universe. Though, perhaps it is possible the concept of a 'Shepherd' is possible among multiple universes..."

As for Schala, while she would not be able to invoke any kind of response with the item she had taken, she would feel some kind of connection with the artifact Sorey had touched. Whatever that meant did not seem entirely clear.

There was nothing notable about the sun carvings, though Lwai ended up stepping on a panel in the floor, lighting one of the torches above.

"I think this may be the puzzle we were expecting," Artorius said, looking up.

@Lucky @Hahli Nuva @Ver @Jeremi @Takumi @Yun Lee @Gummi Bunnies @York @MelodyMeister

Nathan did not feel power from the trinket he grabbed, but it did feel expensive. The drawings did not seem to resemble this situation beyond that the latest batch depicted torches being lit. There was no order being shown that would indicate that the torches on the ceiling had to be lit in any specific order.

As for how the torches were lit at all, the way seemed to rely on the easy-to-miss stone indents in the ground.

@Lucky @Hahli Nuva @Ver @Jeremi @Takumi @Yun Lee @Gummi Bunnies @York @MelodyMeister

Hmph. Well, whatever. Remy was certain there was more to Sorey, but if he wasn't the key to this particular puzzle, then so be it.

He would take the opportunity to step on the stone indent closest to him.

@Atomic Knight @Gummi Bunnies @Hahli Nuva @Jeremi @Lucky @Takumi @Ver @York

Liara followed suit stepping on another indent to see what was going to happen. "Hopefully we didn't just trigger a death trap or something..."

@Atomic Knight @Gummi Bunnies @Hahli Nuva @Jeremi @Lucky @Takumi @Ver @York @Yun Lee

Not out of greed, instead out of fascination, Maple took a small trinket from the shrine as well. After all, she’s kept souvenirs for a while now, and seeing the others take one, she couldn’t resist a new shiny keepsake for this uh, trip. Taking a quick look at it before putting it away, she looked around for any dangers before heading down the hallway with the others.

“If this Sor-ey activated it even without being a part of this world, I wouldn’t be surprised. Some people I know have impacted other worlds for better or worse.”

Of course, she wasn’t about to say that she was among the intervening people that travelled and caused incidents herself. She had enough to think of right now, there was no need to think of the past. Scanning the drawings along with Nathen, she was intrigued by them, but ultimately, they had no utility currently.

Hmm...indents?

This reminded her of something she encountered years ago. She backed away, hesitating to go anywhere near the indents. She may be paranoid, but that was a cheap price of avoiding death.
“So they are lit by these indents? Strange, I thought these mostly activated...Ah! Don’t step on them so recklessly! They might activate more then just torches!”

Right, Maple, act like a concerned mother protecting children, that was one way to show her paranoia and age.
@Yun Lee @Jeremi @Atomic Knight @Lucky @Ver @York @Gummi Bunnies @Hahlia Nuva​

When the next two indents were stepped upon, the first torch went out while some of the torches around it lit up. The current pattern of lit and unlit torches was:

O X O X O O X X

Mikleo observed the indents intently. "There's eight in total, and you just stepped on the middle ones. As they seem to activate separate torches, let's try marking the indents so we can keep track."

Of the eight indents, numbers three, four, and five had each been pressed once to produce the current pattern.

Remy looked at the paintings closely. People with the aura, huh? "Have him do it," he said, pointing to Sorey. "If he could activate that artifact, he could probably light the torches." He looked at the drawings, then back to Sorey. "Are you sure you have nothing to do with this planet, ancestry-wise?"

@Atomic Knight @Gummi Bunnies @Hahli Nuva @Jeremi @Lucky @MelodyMeister @Takumi @Ver @York
Lwai took a look at the twin Suns and stone door across from the painting. The Android turned his head to glance to the others after a moment, adding onto what Remy said with, "I agree with him. It's worth a try to see what happens, if you ask me."

@Atomic Knight @Ver @Yun Lee @York @Lucky @MelodyMeister @Gummi Bunnies @Hahli Nuva @Jeremi
Nathan did not feel power from the trinket he grabbed, but it did feel expensive. The drawings did not seem to resemble this situation beyond that the latest batch depicted torches being lit. There was no order being shown that would indicate that the torches on the ceiling had to be lit in any specific order.

As for how the torches were lit at all, the way seemed to rely on the easy-to-miss stone indents in the ground.

Hmph. Well, whatever. Remy was certain there was more to Sorey, but if he wasn't the key to this particular puzzle, then so be it.

He would take the opportunity to step on the stone indent closest to him.

@Atomic Knight @Gummi Bunnies @Hahli Nuva @Jeremi @Lucky @Takumi @Ver @York
Given the possible outcomes of stepping onto one of these indents, Dlanor was ready to react if the outcome came out to be some sort of trap. Because of that, she stood close to those that went to possibly activate something with these indents, mainly Remy and Liara.

@Yun Lee @Jeremi @Atomic Knight @Lucky @Ver @York @MelodyMeister @Hahli Nuva
Liara followed suit stepping on another indent to see what was going to happen. "Hopefully we didn't just trigger a death trap or something..."

@Atomic Knight @Gummi Bunnies @Hahli Nuva @Jeremi @Lucky @Takumi @Ver @York @Yun Lee
Not out of greed, instead out of fascination, Maple took a small trinket from the shrine as well. After all, she’s kept souvenirs for a while now, and seeing the others take one, she couldn’t resist a new shiny keepsake for this uh, trip. Taking a quick look at it before putting it away, she looked around for any dangers before heading down the hallway with the others.

“If this Sor-ey activated it even without being a part of this world, I wouldn’t be surprised. Some people I know have impacted other worlds for better or worse.”

Of course, she wasn’t about to say that she was among the intervening people that travelled and caused incidents herself. She had enough to think of right now, there was no need to think of the past. Scanning the drawings along with Nathen, she was intrigued by them, but ultimately, they had no utility currently.

Hmm...indents?

This reminded her of something she encountered years ago. She backed away, hesitating to go anywhere near the indents. She may be paranoid, but that was a cheap price of avoiding death.
“So they are lit by these indents? Strange, I thought these mostly activated...Ah! Don’t step on them so recklessly! They might activate more then just torches!”

Right, Maple, act like a concerned mother protecting children, that was one way to show her paranoia and age.
@Yun Lee @Jeremi @Atomic Knight @Lucky @Ver @York @Gummi Bunnies @Hahlia Nuva​
Given the possible outcomes of stepping onto one of these indents, Dlanor was ready to react if the outcome came out to be some sort of trap. Because of that, she stood close to those that went to possibly activate something with these indents, mainly Remy and Liara.

@Yun Lee @Jeremi @Atomic Knight @Lucky @Ver @York @MelodyMeister @Hahli Nuva
When the next two indents were stepped upon, the first torch went out while some of the torches around it lit up. The current pattern of lit and unlit torches was:

O X O X O O X X

Mikleo observed the indents intently. "There's eight in total, and you just stepped on the middle ones. As they seem to activate separate torches, let's try marking the indents so we can keep track."

Of the eight indents, numbers three, four, and five had each been pressed once to produce the current pattern.

Schala Zeal
@Lucky @Hahli Nuva @Ver @Jeremi @Takumi @Yun Lee @Gummi Bunnies @Atomic Knight @MelodyMeister

Schala frowned, observing the indents, then the markings on the wall, attempting to see if there was anything notable about the way the lights were lit on the markings. It was possible they just needed to light all of the torches by stepping on these indents in a certain order, but perhaps some of them needed to stay unlit...​

The torches in the drawings did not correlate to the torches in the room, as far as anyone could tell.

Mikleo continued to document the puzzle, making his own markings on the wall with ice. "I've labeled the torches," he said, "as well as the indents, or should I say the switches."

"Make sure to put that the first switch activated just one torch!" Sorey added.

Mikleo nodded. "However, as the next two switches were pressed at about the same time, it's not entirely clear which torches they interacted with."

Mikleo's markings displayed the following:

A B C D E F G H
O X O X O O X X

Switch 1 --
Switch 2 --
Switch 3 --
Switch 4 > Torch D
Switch 5 --
Switch 6 --
Switch 7 --
Switch8 --

Oh joy. Puzzles.

Remy sighed, removing himself from the tile he stood on. "We need to see what each tile turns on individually," he said. "And then we go on from there."

@Atomic Knight @Gummi Bunnies @Hahli Nuva @Jeremi @Lucky @MelodyMeister @Takumi @Ver @York

"Considering we don't have much else to go on,"
Liara replied. "I imagine it's the most straight forward way to figure this contraption out."

Maple shook her head and smiled, if she was correct, then this will be one of the most easiest puzzles she’s ever done. Riddles? Soup Cans? “Logical” puzzles? As long as she wasn’t looking for needles in a haystack it was as good as done. This was just too easy.

“This is a simple puzzle, if my theory is correct. We test out all the indents individually to see what torch they activate, and then we activate them in order. In uh, A to H, one to eight I mean.”

Of course, it was very possible that it needed to activate in a specific order, but why not go in the simplest way first?

The torches in the drawings did not correlate to the torches in the room, as far as anyone could tell.

Mikleo continued to document the puzzle, making his own markings on the wall with ice. "I've labeled the torches," he said, "as well as the indents, or should I say the switches."

"Make sure to put that the first switch activated just one torch!" Sorey added.

Mikleo nodded. "However, as the next two switches were pressed at about the same time, it's not entirely clear which torches they interacted with."

Mikleo's markings displayed the following:

A B C D E F G H
O X O X O O X X

Switch 1 --
Switch 2 --
Switch 3 --
Switch 4 > Torch D
Switch 5 --
Switch 6 --
Switch 7 --
Switch8 --

Nathan Drake

Nathan paused and decided to step on the first switch to test a theory he head.

@Atomic Knight @Hahli Nuva @Ver @Jeremi @Takumi @Yun Lee @Gummi Bunnies @York @MelodyMeister
Oh joy. Puzzles.

Remy sighed, removing himself from the tile he stood on. "We need to see what each tile turns on individually," he said. "And then we go on from there."

"Considering we don't have much else to go on," Liara replied. "I imagine it's the most straight forward way to figure this contraption out."

Maple shook her head and smiled, if she was correct, then this will be one of the most easiest puzzles she’s ever done. Riddles? Soup Cans? “Logical” puzzles? As long as she wasn’t looking for needles in a haystack it was as good as done. This was just too easy.

“This is a simple puzzle, if my theory is correct. We test out all the indents individually to see what torch they activate, and then we activate them in order. In uh, A to H, one to eight I mean.”

Of course, it was very possible that it needed to activate in a specific order, but why not go in the simplest way first?
Schala Zeal
@Lucky @Hahli Nuva @Ver @Jeremi @Takumi @Yun Lee @Gummi Bunnies @Atomic Knight @MelodyMeister

Schala tilted her head at Maple's observations, and what the others were doing, then nodded. So they did have to light all the torches after all; though, it seemed that so far, the puzzle was simple. Though, if it turns out the indentation Nathan stepped on activated a torch other than A, or if this might affect the torches already lit... They would have to do some additional experimenting to figure out how to get all of the torches lit.

"Yes, but we should also watch to see if more than one torch is affected this time..." She said, her gaze seeming to shift between each of the torches that were lit currently.

It was evident that she was a little accustomed to puzzles like this; where she came from... She was no stranger to locking mechanisms and the like being activated by puzzles, assuming her pendant didn't do the trick.​

latest

❝ Then I shall observe to see what the solution could BE. ❞ Dlanor plainly stated. It was the easiest way to go about this puzzle. If they can understand what each indented switch can do, the solution should be clear to see from that point onwards.

@Lucky @Hahli Nuva @Ver @Jeremi @Takumi @Yun Lee @York @Atomic Knight @MelodyMeister

As the torches were affected, Mikleo updated his markings.

A B C D E F G H
O O X X O O O X

Switch 1 > Torches C, B and G
Switch 2 --
Switch 3 --
Switch 4 > Torch D
Switch 5 --
Switch 6 --
Switch 7 --
Switch8 --

Schala Zeal

Schala tapped her chin, seeming to take note of the fact that multiple torches lit up when Switch 4 was activated. With that in mind, she decided to step on switch 8. If her guess was right, it would cause torches B, E, and F to switch off, but... Even if it didn't, at least that was one switch down, right?​

Switch 8 did not do as Schala predicted and instead activated torches F, G, and H.

"I've got an idea," Sorey said, stepping on switch 4 and lighting torch D. "They don't change what torches they affect it seems, so let's just hit one after another at least to figure out what we're working with."

Sorey stepped on each unknown switch, allowing Mikleo to mark down what each one affected. In the end, the pattern of the torches was:

A B C D E F G H
O X O O O X O X

While what the switches were all known to the group now:

Switch 2 > Torches F and H
Switch 3 > Torches A and B
Switch 4 > Torch D
Switch 5 > Torches D, E and F
Switch 6 > Torches C, D, and G
Switch 7 > Torches A and E
Switch8 > Torches F, G, and H

All that was left was to press them in the correct manner.

Switch 8 did not do as Schala predicted and instead activated torches F, G, and H.

"I've got an idea," Sorey said, stepping on switch 4 and lighting torch D. "They don't change what torches they affect it seems, so let's just hit one after another at least to figure out what we're working with."

Sorey stepped on each unknown switch, allowing Mikleo to mark down what each one affected. In the end, the pattern of the torches was:

A B C D E F G H
O X O O O X O X

While what the switches were all known to the group now:

Switch 2 > Torches F and H
Switch 3 > Torches A and B
Switch 4 > Torch D
Switch 5 > Torches D, E and F
Switch 6 > Torches C, D, and G
Switch 7 > Torches A and E
Switch8 > Torches F, G, and H

All that was left was to press them in the correct manner.

Schala Zeal

Though her initial guess was wrong, Schala flashed Sorey a thumbs up, smiling gratefully; if he hadn't done so, she would have gotten around to it herself. Now that she had a good idea what all of the switches did, she began to map out the correct sequence in her mind, before she began stepping on switches in the following order:

Switch 2, switch 3, switch 6, and finally, switch 4.

She made sure to wait and see what the torches did each time... Just incase anything weird happened, but it seemed she had a good idea on how to solve this puzzle.​

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back