Status
Not open for further replies.
❝ FOOLISH. ❞ Dlanor didn't waste a breath to turn her attention to Jiren. Originally she was going to try and cut Pucci down, but a potential defect in their ranks? She couldn't afford to allow him to stick around if that were the case.

❝ You are only falling for the illusion crafted by the ENEMY. Stand down now or face the CONSEQUENCES. Let it be known that I will not allow you to proceed with this decision any FURTHER. ❞ Her last statement gleamed in Red, the glow of the Red Truth empowering her blade. Despite what she implied if he were to cease this nonsense, the inquisitor sped towards Jiren, the magical blade swung with the clear intent to maim!

Willard only watched as the other witch hunter went to work, prepared to give Dlanor any assistance if need be.

@Ver @Cromartous @Atomic Knight @Kaykay @Yun Lee @York @Crow @Lucky @dark @Alex Azure
@Downstairs
"You will not 'allow me'..." Jiren reitterated "You speak as if I need you permission"

Jiren swung his arms out of the path of the attack, vaulting over his attacker and dancing in the air behind her. Channeling his ki into his feet, Jiren planted a two foot drop kick between Dlanor's shoulder blades, spiraling away from her body and back in front of the priest.

"Continue to fight, and I will be forced to fight back. Continue to hold back, and you will regret it. Do not make me fight back..."
Schala Zeal
@Ver @Cromartous @Kaykay @Atomic Knight @Cromartous @Crow @dark @Yun Lee @Alex Azure @Lucky @Gummi Bunnies
@Downstairs

Schala wavered, but stood her ground against Jiren. It wasn't so much of a personal grudge as it was a clash of responsibilities; they simply could not see eye to eye, as they were just too different.

"Maybe it is... But... It is not a solution I wish for. A price I cannot dare pay."

Her words did not waver this time as she continued.

"My dream... My purpose... Is to protect the eternal dream of life; the foundation of the future to those that still live on in this Multiverse. So long as I draw breath... I will not allow it to fade. No matter the cost... I have to stand in your way Jiren... I'm sorry..." Her hands shook as she raised them slowly, carefully... Her eyes not just on Pucci and his stand now, but Jiren as well, making sure not to let her guard down, no matter what.

In the end... They were both fighting for what they believed was right. Each of them were fully convinced of their goals. But in the end... It seemed that words alone wouldn't put an end to this dilemma... No... It was up to their actions now...
"Every day, humans kill humans. They strike them down in hatred, or fear, or even out of 'love'. Your 'Future', your 'Dream'... is a dream of death. It will fade. It will die. That cycle cannot last. It will decay. I don't want to hurt you"

Jiren lowered himself into his own battle stance, parting his legs and spreading his weight.

"But you've forced my hand... you've forced my fists"

Pumping his firsts backward and forwards at startling speeds, Jiren formed a wall of strikes, ready to meet Schala's coming attack

f7e7b89e8e4ba35c34d2c88881d2aee2.gif

"You have honor, but you lack foresight. Surrender. Now. Before you lose the chance"

Will scoffed as she charged a bolt of Quintessence to throw at Othinus. The Keeper heard the witch's words, but betrayal? Who would come all the way out here just to betray the entire group? Wil used The Heart to scan the entire complex, and when she was finished, the realization hit her like a frieght train.

Jiren's heartrate had skyrocketed and his aura was flaring.

Either he was in the fight of his life, or he was the one Othinus spoke of. Either way, the witch was right. The team had a choice to make, and while she had not been appointed field leader, Will didn't need rank to formulate a plan. The Keeper flew in front of the group, speaking up so that everyone could hear her.

"Clearly, we need to split up. Not everyone is familiar with that woman, but for those of you that are, maybe you can go after her. The rest of us that don't should follow me downstairs. I think I know what she was talking about, and it's not going to be pretty."

@Ver @Atomic Knight @Space_Candy @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Josh @dark @Alex Azure @Crow @Yun Lee @Hood Rat @Lucky @Cromartous @UPSTAIRS
"Stay back" Jiren snapped, throwing a palm in the direction of the Keeper. The last thing he needed was the arrival of the rest of the agents. That could prove... problematic. Maybe he could hold his own. Maybe he couldn't. It would to an inconvenience to find out. Blood would be spilled. If possible, he would seek to avoid it. "You have a choice. Fight with me. Stand with paradise. With true freedom. Or retreat. These are your best options... your only options"

@Ver @Cromartous @Kaykay @Atomic Knight @Cromartous @Crow @dark @Yun Lee @Alex Azure @Lucky @Gummi Bunnies

"You will not 'allow me'..." Jiren reitterated "You speak as if I need you permission"

Jiren swung his arms out of the path of the attack, vaulting over his attacker and dancing in the air behind her. Channeling his ki into his feet, Jiren planted a two foot drop kick between Dlanor's shoulder blades, spiraling away from her body and back in front of the priest.

"Continue to fight, and I will be forced to fight back. Continue to hold back, and you will regret it. Do not make me fight back..."

"Every day, humans kill humans. They strike them down in hatred, or fear, or even out of 'love'. Your 'Future', your 'Dream'... is a dream of death. It will fade. It will die. That cycle cannot last. It will decay. I don't want to hurt you"

Jiren lowered himself into his own battle stance, parting his legs and spreading his weight.

Pumping his firsts backward and forwards at startling speeds, Jiren formed a wall of strikes, ready to meet Schala's coming attack

"You have honor, but you lack foresight. Surrender. Now. Before you lose the chance"

"Stay back" Jiren snapped, throwing a palm in the direction of the Keeper. The last thing he needed was the arrival of the rest of the agents. That could prove... problematic. Maybe he could hold his own. Maybe he couldn't. It would to an inconvenience to find out. Blood would be spilled. If possible, he would seek to avoid it. "You have a choice. Fight with me. Stand with paradise. With true freedom. Or retreat. These are your best options... your only options"

"Are you by chance a child, and your alien race simply grows large at a young age?"

Leivinia could hardly believe what she was hearing. The multiverse must have been quite the colorful place, yes, but that someone this foolish actually existed was rather noteworthy. She sighed as she was forced to halt her assault for a moment to deal with the strange creature.

ONzq8W8.png

"I don't intend to crank up the emotional appeal. But think about it logically. Without 'color.' This man just admitted he intends to betray someone he's working with. His motivations are entirely selfish, once again by his own admission. Yet somehow in whatever rests between your ears you determined that he's someone you want to be on the side of? Are you really so dense that you haven't even considered he could just be sweet talking you? He's outnumbered, and he knew it from the start. An appeal to split us up is his only path to victory. Don't be a fool."

@Ver @Cromartous @Atomic Knight @Kaykay @Yun Lee @York @Crow @Lucky @dark @Alex Azure @Gummi Bunnies @Downstairs

BOOM!

tumblr_or9abt_D6kb1twg72io4_400.png

"O-Oi, don't go killing him, Leivinia! I just mean to shatter that messed-up illusion of his, not his bones!" Touma exclaimed to the girl, still helpless to do anything useful, all things considered.

Despite how the priest had left himself completely open to everyone as though intending to lay a trap, the explosion wounded him further, burning away at his robes a bit as he was knocked into the wall yet again, more visibly bleeding and bruised. However, it seemed that whatever he was waiting for -- a bizarre miracle -- had come to fruition, as Jiren accepted his offer to join him. As the alien in red confirmed this with his former allies, Pucci contended with Severa, the man still against the wall. As the girl went for an attack, something curious happened.

SHRRRK!

44_AFm_Ft.png

"...!"

In a highly grotesque manner, Pucci's upper body contorted, half of his face turning inside out along with his throat that would have been hit by Severa's blade had he not done what he had just did, as though he had used C-Moon's power to invert on himself instead of the stone ground this time. As a counter, the priest lifted his own leg and delivered a kick to the girl's stomach -- a move that one might have considered to be highly strange since his Stand was still out in the open -- letting the girl stumble back until Jiren was able to stand resolutely in front of Pucci.

As Pucci's face and throat contorted back into normal parameters, the man reacting jarringly casually as though he had lightly popped his own neck, he began to speak again. "You've made the right choice, my child. Do not fret. I am not so cruel as to force you to kill your former comrades if you cannot bring yourself to. They are simply misguided; they don't know any better," he spoke calmly, before the fight broke out between them, escalated by the untimely appearance of Will.

Clutching his own shoulder painfully, Pucci glowered at his enemies. Even with his own impressive power still out in the open, Jiren's raw power seemed to be one that could be highly useful to the cause, the alien's showcasing of his strength impressing even Pucci as he watched the spectacle unfold in front of him.

@Kaykay @Atomic Knight @York @Crow @dark @Yun Lee @Alex Azure @Lucky @Gummi Bunnies @Cromartous @Downstairs

Will's eyes flashed white as she entered the room. A healing wave was dispersed from her body, revitalizing any grevious wounds the party may have had.

The Keeper cracked her knuckles and stood face to face with Jiren after batting his palm strike aside, the blow crashing into the wall and almost taking it apart. Her glaze had turned to a stone hard glare, and anybody could cut the tension in the room with a knife.

"ENOUGH! This ends here. I wil not allow the balance to be tipped in evil's favor! I am The Keeper, and my word is law! This is true justice!"

Will's voice echoed throughout the entire room, overpowering anyone else's. It was clear to her that she'd have to expend more of her power if she was to face Jiren and his new master. She hadn't met him before, but Jiren had looked heroic enough at first glance. Of course, she had learned the hard way not to judge others based on outside aperances.

But as far as Jiren was concerned, all gloves were off. The time for playing games was over.

@Ver @Kaykay @Atomic Knight @York @Crow @dark @Yun Lee @Gummi Bunnies @Alex Azure @Lucky @Cromartous

Rita Hanson

Rita wasn't quite ready to admit that she had been surprised by Othinus, but once she caught her breath after having the wind knocked out of her. " I'm going with you two, I'm sure a lot of the people are going to help the other downstairs and I feel now is going to be one of the few things, we can see what this Othinus really wants," she said, following Libra and Ben.

@Ver @Crow @Yun Lee @Following Othinus

Phil Connors

Phil looked over at the woman who had just came downstairs and he had to admit she was impressive, though would she be enough to defeat Jiren? He paused, thinking about his words. Maybe if he truly believed that defecting was good, he was a lost cause, but perhaps this Toppo person could help. Phil looked at anyone else coming to see if any of them looked like a Toppo.
and continued to see if there was anything out of place.

@Ver @Kaykay @Atomic Knight @York @Crow @dark @Yun Lee @Gummi Bunnies @Alex Azure @Hahli Nuva @Cromartous

Last edited:
BOOM!

"O-Oi, don't go killing him, Leivinia! I just mean to shatter that messed-up illusion of his, not his bones!" Touma exclaimed to the girl, still helpless to do anything useful, all things considered.

Despite how the priest had left himself completely open to everyone as though intending to lay a trap, the explosion wounded him further, burning away at his robes a bit as he was knocked into the wall yet again, more visibly bleeding and bruised. However, it seemed that whatever he was waiting for -- a bizarre miracle -- had come to fruition, as Jiren accepted his offer to join him. As the alien in red confirmed this with his former allies, Pucci contended with Severa, the man still against the wall. As the girl went for an attack, something curious happened.

SHRRRK!

44_AFm_Ft.png

"...!"

In a highly grotesque manner, Pucci's upper body contorted, half of his face turning inside out along with his throat that would have been hit by Severa's blade had he not done what he had just did, as though he had used C-Moon's power to invert on himself instead of the stone ground this time. As a counter, the priest lifted his own leg and delivered a kick to the girl's stomach -- a move that one might have considered to be highly strange since his Stand was still out in the open -- letting the girl stumble back until Jiren was able to stand resolutely in front of Pucci.

As Pucci's face and throat contorted back into normal parameters, the man reacting jarringly casually as though he had lightly popped his own neck, he began to speak again. "You've made the right choice, my child. Do not fret. I am not so cruel as to force you to kill your former comrades if you cannot bring yourself to. They are simply misguided; they don't know any better," he spoke calmly, before the fight broke out between them, escalated by the untimely appearance of Will.

Clutching his own shoulder painfully, Pucci glowered at his enemies. Even with his own impressive power still out in the open, Jiren's raw power seemed to be one that could be highly useful to the cause, the alien's showcasing of his strength impressing even Pucci as he watched the spectacle unfold in front of him.

@Kaykay @Atomic Knight @York @Crow @dark @Yun Lee @Alex Azure @Lucky @Gummi Bunnies @Cromartous @Downstairs

"Sorry, Jiren, I don't want to do this, that's why I'm using the least violent means neccessary," Grandpa Max, saddened, unleashes a weapon.

uru8G9v.png

"You've earned yourself a trip to the Null Void, Jiren!"

He fired his Null Void Projector, creating a red-hued portal that was prepared to suck Jiren into an endless pocket dimension!

oQPYs5y.png

@Ver @Kaykay @Atomic Knight @York @Crow @dark @Yun Lee @Alex Azure @Lucky @Gummi Bunnies @Cromartous @Downstairs

Fortunately for Pucci, the contortion of his face freaked out Severa enough to make her susceptible to his kick. "Oof!" The young mercenary fell back about a foot, landing on the ground. "Ugh...why you...you lapdog!!!"

Severa got to her feet, shaking with anger, indignation, and above all else, humiliation. Nobody treated her like that! Nobody! Especially not some dumb priest like him! He needed to be taken down an entire ladder full of pegs, and she would use everything at her disposal to do so.

View attachment 3237

"You think you're so tough, Poochie? Just because you found a new dog to play with? That just makes one more suboordinate to take DIO's attention away from you! I bet DIO doesn't even like you anyway! Some selfless oaf like you isn't worth the time of someone as vain and self-absorbed as your stupid master!"

View attachment 3236

"You know what? I changed my mind! Sign me up to join you! Because with the ugly mugs of Poochie and Chicken, I'll be DIO's absolute favorite! I bet he LOVES pretty girls like me, hm? And I bet that drives YOU crazy!"

@Ver @Kaykay @Atomic Knight @York @Crow@dark @Yun Lee @Alex Azure @Lucky@Gummi Bunnies @Cromartous@Downstairs

---

Libra smiled at Ben. "Yes...fortunately it was just my head, and nothing else that got injured." Using his staff for balance, Libra stood. "If no one needs medical care, we should hurry. We're losing time."

@Ver @Crow @Lucky @Othinus​

Rita Hanson

Rita looked over at Libra. " Still, it was almost like she was waiting for one of us to leave just so that she could do that. Yeah, it seems we should hurry up, she was just trying to distract us and even if someone did betray us, I feel the group will work well enough to defeat or convince them of their wrongdoings."

@Ver @Crow @Yun Lee @Othinus

"Are you by chance a child, and your alien race simply grows large at a young age?"

Leivinia could hardly believe what she was hearing. The multiverse must have been quite the colorful place, yes, but that someone this foolish actually existed was rather noteworthy. She sighed as she was forced to halt her assault for a moment to deal with the strange creature.

ONzq8W8.png

"I don't intend to crank up the emotional appeal. But think about it logically. Without 'color.' This man just admitted he intends to betray someone he's working with. His motivations are entirely selfish, once again by his own admission. Yet somehow in whatever rests between your ears you determined that he's someone you want to be on the side of? Are you really so dense that you haven't even considered he could just be sweet talking you? He's outnumbered, and he knew it from the start. An appeal to split us up is his only path to victory. Don't be a fool."

@Ver @Cromartous @Atomic Knight @Kaykay @Yun Lee @York @Crow @Lucky @dark @Alex Azure @Gummi Bunnies @Downstairs
BOOM!

SHRRRK!

44_AFm_Ft.png

"...!"

Will's eyes flashed white as she entered the room. A healing wave was dispersed from her body, revitalizing any grevious wounds the party may have had.

The Keeper cracked her knuckles and stood face to face with Jiren after batting his palm strike aside, the blow crashing into the wall and almost taking it apart. Her glaze had turned to a stone hard glare, and anybody could cut the tension in the room with a knife.

"ENOUGH! This ends here. I wil not allow the balance to be tipped in evil's favor! I am The Keeper, and my word is law! This is true justice!"

Will's voice echoed throughout the entire room, overpowering anyone else's. It was clear to her that she'd have to expend more of her power if she was to face Jiren and his new master. She hadn't met him before, but Jiren had looked heroic enough at first glance. Of course, she had learned the hard way not to judge others based on outside aperances.

But as far as Jiren was concerned, all gloves were off. The time for playing games was over.

@Ver @Kaykay @Atomic Knight @York @Crow @dark @Yun Lee @Gummi Bunnies @Alex Azure @Lucky @Cromartous
Rita Hanson

Rita wasn't quite ready to admit that she had been surprised by Othinus, but once she caught her breath after having the wind knocked out of her. " I'm going with you two, I'm sure a lot of the people are going to help the other downstairs and I feel now is going to be one of the few things, we can see what this Othinus really wants," she said, following Libra and Ben.

@Ver @Crow @Yun Lee @Following Othinus

Phil Connors

Phil looked over at the woman who had just came downstairs and he had to admit she was impressive, though would she be enough to defeat Jiren? He paused, thinking about his words. Maybe if he truly believed that defecting was good, he was a lost cause, but perhaps this Toppo person could help. Phil looked at anyone else coming to see if any of them looked like a Toppo.
and continued to see if there was anything out of place.

@Ver @Kaykay @Atomic Knight @York @Crow @dark @Yun Lee @Gummi Bunnies @Alex Azure @Hahli Nuva @Cromartous
"Sorry, Jiren, I don't want to do this, that's why I'm using the least violent means neccessary," Grandpa Max, saddened, unleashes a weapon.

uru8G9v.png

He fired his Null Void Projector, creating a red-hued portal that was prepared to suck Jiren into an endless pocket dimension!

oQPYs5y.png

@Ver @Kaykay @Atomic Knight @York @Crow @dark @Yun Lee @Alex Azure @Lucky @Gummi Bunnies @Cromartous @Downstairs
Fortunately for Pucci, the contortion of his face freaked out Severa enough to make her susceptible to his kick. "Oof!" The young mercenary fell back about a foot, landing on the ground. "Ugh...why you...you lapdog!!!"

Severa got to her feet, shaking with anger, indignation, and above all else, humiliation. Nobody treated her like that! Nobody! Especially not some dumb priest like him! He needed to be taken down an entire ladder full of pegs, and she would use everything at her disposal to do so.

View attachment 3237

"You think you're so tough, Poochie? Just because you found a new dog to play with? That just makes one more suboordinate to take DIO's attention away from you! I bet DIO doesn't even like you anyway! Some selfless oaf like you isn't worth the time of someone as vain and self-absorbed as your stupid master!"

View attachment 3236

"You know what? I changed my mind! Sign me up to join you! Because with the ugly mugs of Poochie and Chicken, I'll be DIO's absolute favorite! I bet he LOVES pretty girls like me, hm? And I bet that drives YOU crazy!"

@Ver @Kaykay @Atomic Knight @York @Crow@dark @Yun Lee @Alex Azure @Lucky@Gummi Bunnies @Cromartous@Downstairs

---

Libra smiled at Ben. "Yes...fortunately it was just my head, and nothing else that got injured." Using his staff for balance, Libra stood. "If no one needs medical care, we should hurry. We're losing time."

Schala Zeal
@Kaykay @Atomic Knight @Ver @Crow @dark @Yun Lee @Alex Azure @Lucky @Gummi Bunnies @Cromartous
@Downstairs

In that moment, Schala had cast a haste spell on herself... Moving almost in unison with Jiren until she had to back away, realizing this approach was going to be a stalemate. However, before she had time to re-assess the situation, Touma said something that made her freeze up for the moment, a look of realization crossing her face.

"An Illusion?" She asked, a cocerned tone in her voice... She suddenly raised her hands, both towards Jiren, and Max.

Hoping the former would stop and listen, and the latter would temporarily not use his device, for whatever it was worth. With Touma's words, something else suddenly occurred to her.

"Wait... Look at how Pucci reacted when he was hit like that... Look at his... ... Shadow..." She said, motioning towards Pucci's 'stand' briefly, who seemed to be just idling where he was now...

She swallowed, starting to feel a little embarassment creep through her as she realized what may very well be happening to them.

"Our eyes may have been deceived..."

Her gaze flitted from Touma, to Leivina, to Pucci, to which she narrowed her eyes at, almost as if beckoning him to give an answer. If they were under some kind of illusion, perhaps Pucci himself, was an illusion... And his intentions a lie, but it was difficult to say for sure... Just a hunch of hers.​

"If it's his bones you're worried about, your concerns are as meaningless as usual," Leivinia replied to Touma as she observed Pucci's strange defense mechanism. "Besides, I'm not going to kill him. He's just going to want to ask for it!"

As she raised her wand once again, seemingly not wanting to bother with Jiren any further if he were to try to rebut her, a sadistic smirk crossed her face. Like clockwork, Leivinia repeated the same motion and created the same white, dome shaped explosion at Pucci's location. Until she had a reason to unveil some other attack, the young magician seemed intent on simply continuing the powerful but repetitive spell.

"If it's an illusion, then simply blow it and everything away. No matter how he warps his body or our perceptions, it's meaningless against the sheer scale of larger attacks. You too can summon an explosion of sorts, no? I'd recommend doing it."

She gave Schala her take on the situation as she attacked.

@Kaykay @Atomic Knight @York @Crow @dark @Yun Lee @Alex Azure @Lucky @Gummi Bunnies @Cromartous @Ver @Downstairs

"Gnngh?!" DIO audibly grunted in a mixture of confusion and pain as Diego, still in the shadows, sprung his own strategy, laid out with the help of Giorno and Ermes. As Scary Monsters began to overtake his vampiric body, cracks forming on his face, as per Diego's demand to end his own life, DIO found that his body began moving on its own, directly toward the exposed sunlight created by Jolyne!

Meanwhile...

6584bbdf4d4dc982ea0c6991ece71277.png

"Leaving so soon? To think you came for me yourself, but the fun's only just getting started," a shadowy, feminine figure said to Libra and Rita as they left the room, suddenly appearing in front of them, adorned with long, flowing hair and a hat that looked like something you'd see on a witch. Suddenly, a small burst of what looked like explosions rang out right on the two of them with enough force to send them flying back into the room from whence they came. The "explosions" weren't fatal, holding only just enough force to make Libra and Rita have the wind be knocked out of them with little lasting damage, as even their clothes were otherwise unscathed.

And so, the figure stepped into the room as well, standing over the two and watching everything go down. What a pain.

"Wha--?!" Fiamma of the Right exclaimed, turning around to see the form of the Magic God that he had managed to track down, and yet, to finally find himself in the presence of the source of the raw power, his legs froze, having never been up against someone this powerful face-to-face before. "Othinus...! So you really are here!" He exclaimed, pointing his right open palm at her as it began to glow, as though he began preparing a spell for her.

WHOOSH!

Suddenly, everyone in the room felt a powerful wave of air wash over them. A strange, bizarre air that overcame everyone for the briefest of moments. Fiamma's prepared spell was negated before it was cast, as did Jordshan's flash bang. Clockwork would have ceased to exist, as Ben would suddenly find himself in his normal human form again. Any remaining dinosaurs disappeared into thin air. And to that end, the "virus" that was Scary Monsters disappeared from DIO, restoring him.

f235ce7024c134dfceb51d063fb34d67.png

"My, my. Was a diversion simply too daunting a task for you, DIO?" She asked, her imposing voice, booming yet soft-spoken, almost seeming to echo throughout the room.

With a scornful look, his eyes filled with vitriol, DIO gritted his teeth and growled at the mysterious female. "Don't... interfere, Othinus! This does not concern you!"

"Oh? Was I not the one who orchestrated this little plot for our dear friends? You are losing yourself to the heat of such a small fight. And to think I had to waste a usage of my 50/50 magic on you... But now that everyone is gathered here -- at least, everyone that I need -- then..." She trailed off.

DIO clicked his tongue. "... So I see. Then I no longer need to be here. Go then. Do what you like then," he hissed, before eyeing Giorno in particular, his grimace twisting into a grin for the briefest of moments, "You will lose everything, dear son. Just as in war, you are on the wrong side of history, but no matter. Everything will be made clear soon," he said. Suddenly, with that, he disappeared into thin air, leaving only a brief flash of light, one that he did not make when he had been using his ability to stop time, as if to suggest...

"He had a transportation pad on him this whole time?!"

"You would not believe how irritating it was to convince him to act as the diversion, but it was necessary all the same," Othinus, the Magic God that finally showed herself, simply said, brushing aside some stray hair, "So you did come for me, Fiamma of the Right. Along with the faker and the Imagine Breaker, but... I imagine they won't be for long of this world. Not with the betrayal by one of your own..." She laughed softly.

"Betrayal...?! What are you getting at?!"

"See for yourself, if you'd like. Or go after me. Choose wisely," she only said, stepping back and disappearing into the shadows in the doorway behind her.

With the fight against DIO having come to an abrupt end, it seemed that the situation was still urgent thanks to her dire implications. You now had the option of trying to follow Othinus or head downstairs using the stairs from the other side of the room to investigate what she had meant.

@Space_Candy @CrunchyCHEEZIT @dark @Alex Azure @Atomic Knight @Jeremi @Crow @Yun Lee @Josh @Hood Rat @Hahli Nuva @Lucky @Cromartous @Upstairs
Giorno Giovanna could only watch in stunned silence.

How else would one react to seeing two versions of his own father clashing in their ideals and abilities? Nothing much could surprise the seasoned boss of Passione these days, but watching Scary Monsters seamlessly override DIO's own internal strength in the span of the second had the blonde-haired boy's eyes widened in awe of Diego Brando's resolve. It was a callback to his first encounter with the mysterious man. . .or rather, the man's encounter with Giorno.

One half of his blood screamed in protest of his begrudging admiration of this man that he's beginning to call his true father, for everything he does to ascend is questionable. But it is truth. That is what DIO and Diego always were; they were true about their ambitions, which made it difficult for Giorno Giovanna to hate so easily. but the other side - the side that glorifies ambition and ascension above all else - commanded the boy to watch the will of the true Brando blood displayed first hand.

However, the will of neither Joestar or Brando could hope to surpass what came next.

Gold Experience and Star Platinum emerged on instinct, holding up their fists and blocking the force of the oncoming winds from knocking over their respective users. Then the golden light of his Stand vanished, Giorno Giovanna saw his other enemy standing before him, emanating an aura of sheer power that made both DIO and Diego feel like pawns in a game of chess, toppling over at the sudden arrival of the Queen.

Or, in this case, a Goddess.

"Othinus. . .!"

upload_2018-3-4_10-30-46-png.2351

He didn't know what to expect from Othinus when he first heard Ollerus describe her to him. She seemed as if she could be a character that carried a presence indescribable to anyone else. A familiar sensation to when Giorno had first encountered the old boss, Diavolo, in his original base many years ago - a feeling of oppressive power that threatens to force you on your knees before the fight even began. The presence of a man who thought he was the true Emperor, and admittedly, one who held the power to achieve that goal.

Now he's dealing with God. It's like Diego said in his ramblings - a God descended from Her own Kingdom of Heaven, to enforce Her will upon whom she deems unworthy. And yet, that will to topple the highest contender coursed through Giorno's veins. Not for misdeeds cast upon him, or for his own pride - no, it was a dream that only his resolve could achieve.

He's wrong. . .I am on the true golden path, and that is path that I have chosen for myself, beyond the influence of any God or any Fate.

I, Giorno Giovanna, have a dream that I know is just.

As soon as Othinus vanished from the area, her oppressive aura left with her. Giorno wasted no time in following her, moving through his Stand and treading towards the dark doorway with seething purpose in his steps. That is, until he came to an abrupt stop in front of the doorway, suddenly remembering someone. He turned to look back at that said someone.

". . .Jotaro, what are you going to do now?"

Jotaro Kujo sighed, as he always did in situations like this. If he was just a bit faster, DIO would've been incinerated by that sunlight before Othinus swooped in and saved his sorry ass. There was no point in getting worked up about it now, though it's strange to think that if he was a decade younger he would've handled the battle much more poorly. . .despite how highly of himself he thought back then. Giorno's question didn't take long for him to answer.

tumblr_static_6o386m14rv4soc84ggcsco0sg.png

"You and. . .him work well together,"
Jotaro gestured to Diego, deliberately making sure not to look at him. "I trust you enough to handle yourself against her. Not that you need to ask me for anything, anyway."

"I suppose so. And, what about my father? The. . .vampire father, I mean--"

"He won't be able to stall for long. You can count on that. However, Othinus is your main target now. Get going -- I'll stay here."

Giorno nodded. The two men looked over at Jolyne and Ermes - though Jotaro's look to Jolyne was as stoic and expressionless as always. Without another word from the towering man himself, he dusted off his coat and rushed downstairs, already feeling the manor shake beneath the force of the traitor's attacks. Giorno looked to Diego, exchanging with him a silent look.

The Resolved ventured into the darkness.

@Space_Candy @Ver @dark @Alex Azure @Atomic Knight @Jeremi @Crow @Yun Lee @Josh @Hood Rat @Hahli Nuva @Lucky @Cromartous @Upstairs​

ONzq8W8.png

@Ver @Cromartous @Atomic Knight @Kaykay @Yun Lee @York @Crow @Lucky @dark @Alex Azure @GummBunnies @Downstairs
Jiren's eyes thined until they were simply two black slits stroking the sides of his face. A nerve had been pressed.

"Don't presume to know my age, child. I have lived far longer than you could possibly know. I have seen things- hellish things- things beyond imagination. You have seen the Priests power. You have seen mine. The strength we possess is more than enough to cease the arrow. Overthrow the others. Complete the mission. He'd be a fool to betray me. And you'd be fools to turn your back on this opportunity. A chance to remake the world justly is a chance I cannot turn down. To that end, I am more than willing to make a few sacrifices. Let my 'evil' be the last 'evil' to grace this world. Soon, things will be pure. You'll see my light. And you will be sorry"

"You're right-- this does end here"

Drawing back a flying fist, Jiren summoned a burning ball of ki. Within moments, his hand was alive with flame and light, his own life energy coursing from his body like magma through stone.

"Your word means nothing! What do you know of Justice?!"
images

"Power... Impact"​

uru8G9v.png

oQPYs5y.png

Jiren felt himself moving against his will, every molecule in his body being dragged through space towards Max. It felt... strange. The last thing he expected was for the old man to catch him off guard with some unearthly technology. Perhaps he was more powerful than he hadn't previously given him credit for.

Anchoring his heels into the ground, Jiren sought to slow his absorption long enough for him to gather his thoughts.

"Interesting" Jiren muttered, raising a palm into the vortex and squinting under the strain of the razor winds. Even then air around him seemed intent on leaping into the gaping mouth of a portal. He did not intend on making its mistake. "Max, you are an honourable man. It pains me to do this..." Fire erupted from his fingertips "But shut down the machine. I doubt it can suck in light. Cease your futile assault, or I shall be forced to kill you. I doubt a man of your age will be able to endure a direct hit. It's what's best for us all"

Jiren's eyes thined until they were simply two black slits stroking the sides of his face. A nerve had been pressed.

"Don't presume to know my age, child. I have lived far longer than you could possibly know. I have seen things- hellish things- things beyond imagination. You have seen the Priests power. You have seen mine. The strength we possess is more than enough to cease the arrow. Overthrow the others. Complete the mission. He'd be a fool to betray me. And you'd be fools to turn your back on this opportunity. A chance to remake the world justly is a chance I cannot turn down. To that end, I am more than willing to make a few sacrifices. Let my 'evil' be the last 'evil' to grace this world. Soon, things will be pure. You'll see my light. And you will be sorry"

Drawing back a flying fist, Jiren summoned a burning ball of ki. Within moments, his hand was alive with flame and light, his own life energy coursing from his body like magma through stone.

images

"Power... Impact"​

Jiren felt himself moving against his will, every molecule in his body being dragged through space towards Max. It felt... strange. The last thing he expected was for the old man to catch him off guard with some unearthly technology. Perhaps he was more powerful than he hadn't previously given him credit for.

Anchoring his heels into the ground, Jiren sought to slow his absorption long enough for him to gather his thoughts.

"Interesting" Jiren muttered, raising a palm into the vortex and squinting under the strain of the razor winds. Even then air around him seemed intent on leaping into the gaping mouth of a portal. He did not intend on making its mistake. "Max, you are an honourable man. It pains me to do this..." Fire erupted from his fingertips "But shut down the machine. I doubt it can suck in light. Cease your futile assault, or I shall be forced to kill you. I doubt a man of your age will be able to endure a direct hit. It's what's best for us all"

Jiren's blasts entered the portal.

"Jiren, if you are unwilling to go to the Null Void, it seems that I'll just have to bring it to you. You're correct, I'm helpless against a direct hit from you, but Vulpinmancers on the other hand are pretty tenacious guys."

The portal stopped sucking Jiren in, but this time, feral dog-like creatures popped out of it the very same portal instead, before it closed.

HKlwvwW.jpg

They came in different colours - red, blue, orange, even green. There were about a dozen of them, in fact.

"I know you don't want to do this, Jiren, and neither do I," Max says as the Vulpinmancer pack collectively attacks Jiren.

"But I guess this is ultimately how war between allies works."

Max, keeping the Null Void Projector, takes his extendable pole out. Another creature that accompanied the Vulpinmancers out of the portal appeared, flying behind Max.

6AveQMw.jpg

Max simply jumps upon the flying beast, controlling it like some kind of steed with one hand as he wields his pole in the other. Taking flight, he was ready for battle. Jiren heavily overpowered him, but he needed to give the others a slight advantage.

@Ver @Kaykay @Atomic Knight @York @Crow @dark @Yun Lee @Alex Azure @Hahli Nuva @Lucky @Gummi Bunnies @Cromartous @Downstairs

View attachment 3237

View attachment 3236

---

tumblr_inline_p7gbj30YNG1sjp02i_100.jpg

"Libra! Wait, we're coming with you.." Chise exclaimed, running over to the Priest, Ruth following along to follow Othinus..

Placing a hand on Libra's arm, with some concentration her hand woulf glow softly along with her staff as she would attempt to heal Libra, and Rita (if she so wished).

tumblr_inline_p7gbj7uy1e1sjp02i_100.jpg

Ugh...

"H-how do you feel now?" She asked.

@Ver @Yun Lee @Lucky

Russia subtly glared at that woman, and heard about her crap about diversions and all. He hated her power, and general self. She was the bad guy here, she had to be finished off, that was his decision at first. But Russia was a smart, if not insane man, and he was not stupid. While yes, she could be just bluffing, the fact he considered this man, a man who he had refused to attack since he was simply too powerful, just a distraction, was concerning.

So with that, Russia calmed himself down...and directed his wrath to the commotion down stairs.
———————
Russia had seen the situation, and as for as he knew, this creature was a traitor, just as that woman said. He even looked and acted like it!
He stepped forward and took out his sub machine gun.
“Pucci was izt? You know, by telling everyone about your intentions, you just gave yourself a death sentence. Don’t worry, I’ll give you a reward, a body full of bullet holes...kolkolkol...”
Russia aimed it at the creature, and fired.
@Cromartous @Eveyrone Downstairs​

images

"Power... Impact"​

Will brought forth her hand, glowing with Quintessence, and closed her eyes as jiren's Ki washed over her.

The Keeper simply absorbed it as it passed and stood forth none the worse for wear. Jiren's stregnth was directed through his spirit, his energy a testament to his inner power. His ki attack may have vaporized the others, but Will knew life energy when she saw it and Jiren had done nothing short of giving her a reprive by basically throwing her own powers back at her.

Will turned her head to see another man being fought by a red haired girl and other members of their group. While Jiren was occupied by Max and some guy with a machine gun, The Keeper decided to slide back, giving herself space between Jiren and the others. Fighting them all at once didn't seem to be working as it should. They needed a plan.

And she needed time to think. Wait...

If she could isolate Jiren from this battle, and challenge him herself, then the others could fight the real villain and overpower him easily. This man was using Jiren as a brick wall, an insurmountable mountian to wear everyone out before he finished them off all in one or two blows and went on his way.

Okay. Now she got it. Time to let loose a bit.

Looking to the others, she used telepathy to speak to her allies in her leadership tone without Jiren or Pucci hearing her.

"Everyone, listen up. I can handle Jiren on my own. If I can isolate him from this battle, you can all concentrate on taking the other man down and maybe we can snap him out of this. Once you all get your attacks in, I'll charge Jiren and fight him alone."

@Ver @Kaykay @Atomic Knight @Cromartous @Yun Lee @York @Crow @dark @Alex Azure @Lucky @Gummi Bunnies @DOWNSTAIRS

Last edited:
Jiren's blasts entered the portal.

"Jiren, if you are unwilling to go to the Null Void, it seems that I'll just have to bring it to you. You're correct, I'm helpless against a direct hit from you, but Vulpinmancers on the other hand are pretty tenacious guys."

The portal stopped sucking Jiren in, but this time, feral dog-like creatures popped out of it the very same portal instead, before it closed.

HKlwvwW.jpg

They came in different colours - red, blue, orange, even green. There were about a dozen of them, in fact.

"I know you don't want to do this, Jiren, and neither do I," Max says as the Vulpinmancer pack collectively attacks Jiren.

"But I guess this is ultimately how war between allies works."

Max, keeping the Null Void Projector, takes his extendable pole out. Another creature that accompanied the Vulpinmancers out of the portal appeared, flying behind Max.

6AveQMw.jpg

Max simply jumps upon the flying beast, controlling it like some kind of steed with one hand as he wields his pole in the other. Taking flight, he was ready for battle. Jiren heavily overpowered him, but he needed to give the others a slight advantage.

@Ver @Kaykay @Atomic Knight @York @Crow @dark @Yun Lee @Alex Azure @Hahli Nuva @Lucky @Gummi Bunnies @Cromartous @Downstairs
"That's right... fly away old man" Jiren muttered, watching the strange grey creature circle to the roof of the lower floor. Perhaps there was no end to Max's tricks. No matter. They were simply tricks. With a swing of his mighty fist, Jiren swatted the fastest of the dogs, sending it into a tailspin across the floorboards. The creatures were strong and fast, but by no means smart. They were more animal than alien. The next would be met with a cloud of small ki blasts, flung from his palm like a fist full of dirt, burning into its face and sending it kidding helplessly between his open legs. Leaping into a forward flip, Jiren let himself ride over the stampede, before firing a decisive power impact into his former location, letting the momentum of the mess of arms and legs carry the majority of the pack into the ready and open jaws of another explosion.

KK5vfAI.gif

12 had become 5.

A spinning sweep kick would disperse the remaining dogs, breaking the legs of one and sending the others into the four corners of the room. One got lucky and managed to sink its teeth into his left arm. The pain was enough to sharpen his senses, but the damage was not great enough to break the skin, not with his Ki being charged to the extent that it was. Another surge of heat would bless the creature with perhaps its first sentient thought; a thought of regret.

"3 against one? Hardly fail?"

Catching another flanking beast, Jiren threw the creature like a football pass, turning the creature into a grey hurricane aimed at Max. Time to test if he had the nerve to strike down one of his own creatures in cold blood. The final two would meet their end, not by his own hand, but their own, their hapless bodies coming crashing into each other, helped in their journey by a firm grip of the collar. But the Octopus was another story altogether. That might pose a legitimate threat...

Flanking his projectile dog with a disc of burning Ki, Jiren sought to divide Max's staff and bring a fraction of the roof down above his current position. Maybe that ought to lessen his control over the beast...

"Leave while you still have pets. Save the fodder. Fight like a man"

Russia subtly glared at that woman, and heard about her crap about diversions and all. He hated her power, and general self. She was the bad guy here, she had to be finished off, that was his decision at first. But Russia was a smart, if not insane man, and he was not stupid. While yes, she could be just bluffing, the fact he considered this man, a man who he had refused to attack since he was simply too powerful, just a distraction, was concerning.

So with that, Russia calmed himself down...and directed his wrath to the commotion down stairs.
———————
Russia had seen the situation, and as for as he knew, this creature was a traitor, just as that woman said. He even looked and acted like it!
“Pucci was izt? You know, by telling everyone about your intentions, you just gave yourself a death sentence. Don’t worry, I’ll give you a reward, a body full of bullet holes...kolkolkol...”
Jiren abandoned his plan to follow up his Ki disk and flank Max; the stream of bullets striking his back had more than grasped his attention. A bullet on its own was barely a threat to Jiren; it was the sheer number of strikes that was wearing him down. Even his shield of ki was slowly being worn down, strike after strike hammering away at his door. He could afford for it to crack.

Performing a complete 180, Jiren stared Russia dead in the eye, the only thing breaking his stare being the white blur of a palm forcing led to either side of his person.

"Nice try, warrior. You attack was enough to steal my eye. Perhaps if you were a little quieter, you could have worn me down without me knowing. Sometimes silence is more valuable than a battle-cry... Pity... you're not worthy of my attention"

Jiren continued to deflect the shots, waiting for Russia to reload. That would be his opening to rush his foe and disarm him. There was no use in using excessive force. As long as he had his attention, Russia was not as strong as Will, nor did he had the tricks as Max. He wasn't as much of a threat... still... the repeated deflections had taken one of his arms out of action. Should he wish to avoid the repeated sting of thousands of bullets, Jiren would have to hope he could hold off his former allies with only one hand... or that the Priest would cover his defense. At least until Russia reloaded, Jiren's attention would have to be split.​
Will brought forth her hand, glowing with Quintessence, and closed her eyes as jiren's Ki washed over her.

The Keeper simply absorbed it as it passed and stood forth none the worse for wear. Jiren's stregnth was directed through his spirit, his energy a testament to his inner power. His ki attack may have vaporized the others, but Will knew life energy when she saw it and Jiren had done nothing short of giving her a reprive by basically throwing her own powers back at her.

Will turned her head to see another man being fought by a red haired girl and other members of their group. While Jiren was occupied by Max and some guy with a machine gun, The Keeper decided to slide back, giving herself space between Jiren and the others. Fighting them all at once didn't seem to be working as it should. They needed a plan.

If she could isolate Jiren from this battle, and challenge him herself, then the others could fight the real villain and overpower him easily. This man was using Jiren as a brick wall, an insurmountable mountian to wear everyone out before he finished them off all in one or two blows and went on his way.

Looking to the others, she used telepathy to speak to her allies in her leadership tone without Jiren or Pucci hearing her.

"Everyone, listen up. I can handle Jiren on my own. If I can isolate him from this battle, you can all concentrate on taking the other man down and maybe we can snap him out of this. Once you all get your attacks in, I'll charge Jiren and fight him alone."

@Ver @Kaykay @Atomic Knight @Cromartous @Yun Lee @York @Crow @dark @Alex Azure @Lucky @Gummi Bunnies @DOWNSTAIRS
"Hmph" Jiren forced air from deep within his lungs. Perhaps, from under the weight of his betrayal, he was trying to smite. Pity the image of The Gray was always that of stoicism. He was starting to enjoy himself. He didn't need to hear Will's thoughts to know that she was coming his way; expression was the true weakness of the human. He could read her face like a book; she wasn't only itching to fight him; she was excited to fight him, on some levels. Perhaps part of her wanted to rise to the challenge and defeat him, to punish him for his betrayal and be certain he couldn't act against them in the future. Perhaps part of her wanted to savor it. Another must have wanted to end it quickly. Her success would depend on which side won out.

"If you want to defeat me, I welcome the challenge... if you think you're strong enough. I won't hold back any longer. You survived a fraction of my heat... let us see if you can endure some more!"

Jiren's ki danced again, lighting the darkest corners and providing a glow to even the underbelly of Max's beast. The light of his coming blast was enough to bring a squint even to Will's eye, yet as soon as she could blink he would be upon her, Jiren drew the heat back into his core and focusing it into a single mighty strike, aimed at her torso. A stream of steam seemed to follow his Power Rush, severing Russia's line of sight. Previously he had only used his heat in bursts of Ki balls. It was about time to see how Will fared in direct combat with him, something all but the dogs had avoided thus far. Time to show Pucci the extent of his worth...

"Strike back!! Hurt me!! Show me your Justice!"

@Ver @Kaykay @Atomic Knight @Cromartous @Yun Lee @York @Crow @dark @Alex Azure @Lucky @Gummi Bunnies

Last edited:
"That's right... fly away old man" Jiren muttered, watching the strange grey creature circle to the roof of the lower floor. Perhaps there was no end to Max's tricks. No matter. They were simply tricks. With a swing of his mighty fist, Jiren swatted the fastest of the dogs, sending it into a tailspin across the floorboards. The creatures were strong and fast, but by no means smart. They were more animal than alien. The next would be met with a cloud of small ki blasts, flung from his palm like a fist full of dirt, burning into its face and sending it kidding helplessly between his open legs. Leaping into a forward flip, Jiren let himself ride over the stampede, before firing a decisive power impact into his former location, letting the momentum of the mess of arms and legs carry the majority of the pack into the ready and open jaws of another explosion.

KK5vfAI.gif

12 had become 5.

A spinning sweep kick would disperse the remaining dogs, breaking the legs of one and sending the others into the four corners of the room. One got lucky and managed to sink its teeth into his left arm. The pain was enough to sharpen his senses, but the damage was not great enough to break the skin, not with his Ki being charged to the extent that it was. Another surge of heat would bless the creature with perhaps its first sentient thought; a thought of regret.

Catching another flanking beast, Jiren threw the creature like a football pass, turning the creature into a grey hurricane aimed at Max. Time to test if he had the nerve to strike down one of his own creatures in cold blood. The final two would meet their end, not by his own hand, but their own, their hapless bodies coming crashing into each other, helped in their journey by a firm grip of the collar. But the Octopus was another story altogether. That might pose a legitimate threat...

Flanking his projectile dog with a disc of burning Ki, Jiren sought to divide Max's staff and bring a fraction of the roof down above his current position. Maybe that ought to lessen his control over the beast...

Jiren abandoned his plan to follow up his Ki disk and flank Max; the stream of bullets striking his back had more than grasped his attention. A bullet on its own was barely a threat to Jiren; it was the sheer number of strikes that was wearing him down. Even his shield of ki was slowly being worn down, strike after strike hammering away at his door. He could afford for it to crack.

Performing a complete 180, Jiren stared Russia dead in the eye, the only thing breaking his stare being the white blur of a palm forcing led to either side of his person.

"Nice try, warrior. You attack was enough to steal my eye. Perhaps if you were a little quieter, you could have worn me down without me knowing. Sometimes silence is more valuable than a battle-cry... Pity... you're not worthy of my attention"

Jiren continued to deflect the shots, waiting for Russia to reload. That would be his opening to rush his foe and disarm him. There was no use in using excessive force. As long as he had his attention, Russia was not as strong as Will, nor did he had the tricks as Max. He wasn't as much of a threat... still... the repeated deflections had taken one of his arms out of action. Should he wish to avoid the repeated sting of thousands of bullets, Jiren would have to hope he could hold off his former allies with only one hand... or that the Priest would cover his defense. At least until Russia reloaded, Jiren's attention would have to be split.​

"Hmph" Jiren forced air from deep within his lungs. Perhaps, from under the weight of his betrayal, he was trying to smite. Pity the image of The Gray was always that of stoicism. He was starting to enjoy himself. He didn't need to hear Will's thoughts to know that she was coming his way; expression was the true weakness of the human. He could read her face like a book; she wasn't only itching to fight him; she was excited to fight him, on some levels. Perhaps part of her wanted to rise to the challenge and defeat him, to punish him for his betrayal and be certain he couldn't act against them in the future. Perhaps part of her wanted to savor it. Another must have wanted to end it quickly. Her success would depend on which side won out.

"If you want to defeat me, I welcome the challenge... if you think you're strong enough. I won't hold back any longer. You survived a fraction of my heat... let us see if you can endure some more!"

Jiren's ki danced again, lighting the darkest corners and providing a glow to even the underbelly of Max's beast. The light of his coming blast was enough to bring a squint even to Will's eye, yet as soon as she could blink he would be upon her, Jiren drew the heat back into his core and focusing it into a single mighty strike, aimed at her torso. A stream of steam seemed to follow his Power Rush, severing Russia's line of sight. Previously he had only used his heat in bursts of Ki balls. It was about time to see how Will fared in direct combat with him, something all but the dogs had avoided thus far. Time to show Pucci the extent of his worth...

@Ver @Kaykay @Atomic Knight @Cromartous @Yun Lee @York @Crow @dark @Alex Azure @Lucky @Gummi Bunnies

Jiren's fist would slam against an invisible shield of Quintessence, the power of both warriors becomeing crystal clear. Will's blue contrasted against Jiren's red, her body unmoving, not even an inch.

When she had told the others she would fight him alone, she meant it. It really was time to stop fooling around.

Will grabbed Jiren's wrist as soon as his attack hit home. She wouldn't deny that he had power, but her sheer adrenaline rush and unwavering faith had blocke dout any pain she might have felt. The Keeper promptly blasted off from the ground like a cannonball shot, barreling through the roof of the complex and taking Jiren with her by his fist, dragging him skyward before anybody else could move or stop her.

Jiren's betrayal hadn't personally affected Will herself, due to them not knowing each other, but she had heard enough of his thoughts and words to put two and two together. He honestly believed in what he was doing but sadly, that was not the right path for him to take. If she needed to, Will would stop Jiren by any means.

She prayed she never had that chance.

As soon as they reached a high enough altitude, Will threw Jiren away from her, using him as a launch pad to kick off from and remove his fist from her grip.

"That's ENOUGH. No more. You won't hurt any innocents anymore!"

Quintessence crackled through her fists and her eyes became white with lightning.

"Now you face a True Goddess, Jiren."

Billy had felt very distinctly that most of what he could muster would not have worked on DIO. He ended up spending most of the fight chanting out protection spells and minor healing. The fight ended up being ceased before it had even really begun, which left Billy wondering what it all meant.

H landed next to Libra, ready to heal him, though stopped when others were handling it. Instead, he decided they needed a bit of an update. "Kyoko?" he asked, trying to speak into his communication device. "We spotted Othinus. Some of us are going to go after her, but she mentioned something about a betrayal. Do you know anything about that?"

@Ver @Lucky @Yun Lee @Takumi @Space_Candy

Sorey didn't really understand everything the holy man was saying, but it all seemed to come down to an argument Sorey felt like he had heard before. He was right in that no one was without sin; no one was without darkness, just as no one was without malevolence. Artorius had said before that those considered free of malevolence were just temporary, that they were no more free of corruption than anyone else. This man, Pucci, spoke a truth, but it was still only his truth, one that was definitely not Sorey's.

"I think I like the worlds they way they are now," Sorey said, mostly to himself as an act of self-affirmation. "My friends and all that I love exist here... so I'll fight to keep it the way it is."

Sorey's sword flashed white with the power of the sacred flame. He didn't have his seraphim friends physically here with him, but they were with him in spirit, providing the power and determination to move forward.

LBSaQ1Z.png

"It's his choice, everyone," Sorey said on the matter of Jiren's betrayal. "Just as it's our choice to move forward."

The fight seemed divided and chaotic now, but Sorey figured there was one thing he could focus on at the very least. Perhaps Phil had a point about attacking perhaps not being the best course of action, but Sorey didn't feel as if they had the luxury of time.

"Phantasm... Flash!"

Sorey burst forward at an incredible speed, lightning trailing behind him. He leaped into the air, flying at C-Moon to deliver a slash attack charged with lightning magic.

@Ver @Kaykay @Hahli Nuva @MelodyMeister @York @Crow @dark @Yun Lee @Alex Azure @Lucky @Gummi Bunnies @Cromartous @Downstairs

———————

KK5vfAI.gif

12 had become 5.

Jiren's fist would slam against an invisible shield of Quintessence, the power of both warriors becomeing crystal clear. Will's blue contrasted against Jiren's red, her body unmoving, not even an inch.

When she had told the others she would fight him alone, she meant it. It really was time to stop fooling around.

Will grabbed Jiren's wrist as soon as his attack hit home. She wouldn't deny that he had power, but her sheer adrenaline rush and unwavering faith had blocke dout any pain she might have felt. The Keeper promptly blasted off from the ground like a cannonball shot, barreling through the roof of the complex and taking Jiren with her by his fist, dragging him skyward before anybody else could move or stop her.

Jiren's betrayal hadn't personally affected Will herself, due to them not knowing each other, but she had heard enough of his thoughts and words to put two and two together. He honestly believed in what he was doing but sadly, that was not the right path for him to take. If she needed to, Will would stop Jiren by any means.

She prayed she never had that chance.

As soon as they reached a high enough altitude, Will threw Jiren away from her, using him as a launch pad to kick off from and remove his fist from her grip.

"That's ENOUGH. No more. You won't hurt any innocents anymore!"

Quintessence crackled through her fists and her eyes became white with lightning.

"Now you face a True Goddess, Jiren."

xCTx8kD.png

"I will fall - but not today, Jiren."

Max fires the Null Void Projector at the Vulpinmancer thrown at him, causing it to return to the Null Void. Next thing he new, a ki blast bent his staff out of shape, turning it into an L. This very ki blast would smack into the ceiling, and would've crushed Max underneath some rubble if his steed wasn't fast enough.

"Perhaps I will respect your decision to fight one-on-one Jiren," Max adds, then turns to Pucci. He starts off by firing the Null Void Projector, opening a ceiling-facing portal near ground level that summoned a humanoid of sorts.

IQimHvz.jpg

"HSSSSSS!!!!"

This wild, grotesque being was so big that only its belly and above emerged from the portal, yet its upper fin barely touched the ceiling. When Max whistled in a specific tune, it crossed its arms in a T-shape, then began to fire a devastating energy ray at Pucci & his stand!

After this assault, Max would follow up with a few energy blasts from a single-handed blaster at Pucci.

@Ver @Kaykay @Atomic Knight @Cromartous @Yun Lee @York @Crow @dark @Alex Azure @Lucky @Gummi Bunnies @Downstairs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back