Status
Not open for further replies.
Jiren's fist would slam against an invisible shield of Quintessence, the power of both warriors becomeing crystal clear. Will's blue contrasted against Jiren's red, her body unmoving, not even an inch.

When she had told the others she would fight him alone, she meant it. It really was time to stop fooling around.

Will grabbed Jiren's wrist as soon as his attack hit home. She wouldn't deny that he had power, but her sheer adrenaline rush and unwavering faith had blocke dout any pain she might have felt. The Keeper promptly blasted off from the ground like a cannonball shot, barreling through the roof of the complex and taking Jiren with her by his fist, dragging him skyward before anybody else could move or stop her.

Jiren's betrayal hadn't personally affected Will herself, due to them not knowing each other, but she had heard enough of his thoughts and words to put two and two together. He honestly believed in what he was doing but sadly, that was not the right path for him to take. If she needed to, Will would stop Jiren by any means.

She prayed she never had that chance.

As soon as they reached a high enough altitude, Will threw Jiren away from her, using him as a launch pad to kick off from and remove his fist from her grip.

"That's ENOUGH. No more. You won't hurt any innocents anymore!"

Quintessence crackled through her fists and her eyes became white with lightning.

"Now you face a True Goddess, Jiren."
Jiren let his body fall, spiraling downwards as a rigid statue, unshaken by Will's previous attack. He simply folded his arms and let the winds engulf him, letting the downstair's floor come closer and closer by the second. After falling for several seconds with his eyes closed slightly, Jiren commanded the air to cushion his fall, his ki forcing the wind to slow his body to a halt with a small sonic boom.

"I can fly, Goddess. I don't fear heights"

His body returning to its vertical norm, Jiren rose back to Will's altitude, staring her dead in the eyes, her black reflection looking back at her. He commanded focused ki from the back of his sockets, sending an invisible wall over energy to me the arching thunder, forcing it away from his being. He tipped his head in respect.

"Such a trick would have worked on one of the others. Maybe it could have even threatened a lesser Pride Warrior. But not me. Not now"

Jiren sped towards his foe with startling speed, before retreating equally quickly, becoming nothing more than a red-white blur. He didn't need to attack. He didn't even have to unfold his arms, let alone touch Will. Instead, he advanced and retreated, again and again, circling his Will in a sharp star formation. With each feint, he forced more and more wind to follow in his wake, rapidly forming a hurricane prison entrapping will within the jaws if the trap. He let his Ki rise and fall and cycle, the dancing lights add to her disorientation. The perfect after image. To the unfocused eye, it was as if a dozen Gray Aliens were rushing Will, only to fade before making any physical contact, then succeeded by another.

The dozens of Jirens sung in distorted unison

"Strike in Pride and you shall always miss. I learned that the hard way a long time ago... I wonder how long it will take for you to come to your senses"
xCTx8kD.png

"I will fall - but not today, Jiren."

Max fires the Null Void Projector at the Vulpinmancer thrown at him, causing it to return to the Null Void. Next thing he new, a ki blast bent his staff out of shape, turning it into an L. This very ki blast would smack into the ceiling, and would've crushed Max underneath some rubble if his steed wasn't fast enough.

"Perhaps I will respect your decision to fight one-on-one Jiren," Max adds, then turns to Pucci. He starts off by firing the Null Void Projector, opening a ceiling-facing portal near ground level that summoned a humanoid of sorts.

IQimHvz.jpg

"HSSSSSS!!!!"

This wild, grotesque being was so big that only its belly and above emerged from the portal, yet its upper fin barely touched the ceiling. When Max whistled in a specific tune, it crossed its arms in a T-shape, then began to fire a devastating energy ray at Pucci & his stand!

After this assault, Max would follow up with a few energy blasts from a single-handed blaster at Pucci.

@Ver @Kaykay @Atomic Knight @Cromartous @Yun Lee @York @Crow @dark @Alex Azure @Lucky @Gummi Bunnies @Downstairs
"Luck can only carry so so far, old man. The battlefield is no place for you. Let you beasts fight in your stead. Go. Home"

@Ver @Kaykay @Atomic Knight @Cromartous @Yun Lee @York @Crow @dark @Alex Azure @Lucky @Gummi Bunnies

Jiren let his body fall, spiraling downwards as a rigid statue, unshaken by Will's previous attack. He simply folded his arms and let the winds engulf him, letting the downstair's floor come closer and closer by the second. After falling for several seconds with his eyes closed slightly, Jiren commanded the air to cushion his fall, his ki forcing the wind to slow his body to a halt with a small sonic boom.

His body returning to its vertical norm, Jiren rose back to Will's altitude, staring her dead in the eyes, her black reflection looking back at her. He commanded focused ki from the back of his sockets, sending an invisible wall over energy to me the arching thunder, forcing it away from his being. He tipped his head in respect.

"Such a trick would have worked on one of the others. Maybe it could have even threatened a lesser Pride Warrior. But not me. Not now"

Jiren sped towards his foe with startling speed, before retreating equally quickly, becoming nothing more than a red-white blur. He didn't need to attack. He didn't even have to unfold his arms, let alone touch Will. Instead, he advanced and retreated, again and again, circling his Will in a sharp star formation. With each feint, he forced more and more wind to follow in his wake, rapidly forming a hurricane prison entrapping will within the jaws if the trap. He let his Ki rise and fall and cycle, the dancing lights add to her disorientation. The perfect after image. To the unfocused eye, it was as if a dozen Gray Aliens were rushing Will, only to fade before making any physical contact, then succeeded by another.

"Strike in Pride and you shall always miss. I learned that the hard way a long time ago... I wonder how long it will take for you to come to your senses"

"Luck can only carry so so far, old man. The battlefield is no place for you. Let you beasts fight in your stead. Go. Home"

@Ver @Kaykay @Atomic Knight @Cromartous @Yun Lee @York @Crow @dark @Alex Azure @Lucky @Gummi Bunnies

"I'm making sure there's a home to return to first, Jiren," Max responds, "for me, and for everyone else. And don't think I have any intention of leaving here while Toppo's putting his faith in you, while Toppo's waiting to regroup with you!"

@Cromartous

Markus had a bittersweet feeling sitting in his stomach, a mix of relief that DIO was gone, but disappointed he didn't do more. He and Simon were tossed easily like paper.
Simon had a firm grip on his wrist, Markus could feel him shake.

"Please Markus listen to me, we should head downstairs and get more prepared. It should be calmer down there."

Boy were they wrong

@Ver @Cromartous @Atomic Knight @Kaykay @Yun Lee @York @Crow @Lucky @dark @Alex Azure @Gummi Bunnies @Downstairs

Will didn't need to actually SEE Jiren to know which was the right one.

His little magic trick may have worked before, but all she needed was his spiritual vital signs to know who was the true Jiren. She had to admit, he was creative if not stubborn. In fact, he reminded Will of herself a bit.

No doubt he had his own crazy repitore of fancy blasts and attacks. Will just had to fight him off long enough to knock some sense into him. She doubted talking would do the trick, but she did feel a little burst of pride at finally having a worthy opponent to fight.

Will waited until Jiren had stopped making his clones to gather a large ball of pink ki energy and used her hands to blast it forth in a dome style burst attack, obliterating the wind trap and blowing all of Jiren's clones backwards and every which way.

"You underestimate us, Jiren. Humans are flawed, yes. We kill each other for the most trivial of reasons, we poison our own planet. We even kill our young before they are born. But above all else, we know how to love. We value life and the preservation of freedom!"

Giorno Giovanna could only watch in stunned silence.

How else would one react to seeing two versions of his own father clashing in their ideals and abilities? Nothing much could surprise the seasoned boss of Passione these days, but watching Scary Monsters seamlessly override DIO's own internal strength in the span of the second had the blonde-haired boy's eyes widened in awe of Diego Brando's resolve. It was a callback to his first encounter with the mysterious man. . .or rather, the man's encounter with Giorno.

One half of his blood screamed in protest of his begrudging admiration of this man that he's beginning to call his true father, for everything he does to ascend is questionable. But it is truth. That is what DIO and Diego always were; they were true about their ambitions, which made it difficult for Giorno Giovanna to hate so easily. but the other side - the side that glorifies ambition and ascension above all else - commanded the boy to watch the will of the true Brando blood displayed first hand.

However, the will of neither Joestar or Brando could hope to surpass what came next.

Gold Experience and Star Platinum emerged on instinct, holding up their fists and blocking the force of the oncoming winds from knocking over their respective users. Then the golden light of his Stand vanished, Giorno Giovanna saw his other enemy standing before him, emanating an aura of sheer power that made both DIO and Diego feel like pawns in a game of chess, toppling over at the sudden arrival of the Queen.

Or, in this case, a Goddess.

"Othinus. . .!"

upload_2018-3-4_10-30-46-png.2351

He didn't know what to expect from Othinus when he first heard Ollerus describe her to him. She seemed as if she could be a character that carried a presence indescribable to anyone else. A familiar sensation to when Giorno had first encountered the old boss, Diavolo, in his original base many years ago - a feeling of oppressive power that threatens to force you on your knees before the fight even began. The presence of a man who thought he was the true Emperor, and admittedly, one who held the power to achieve that goal.

Now he's dealing with God. It's like Diego said in his ramblings - a God descended from Her own Kingdom of Heaven, to enforce Her will upon whom she deems unworthy. And yet, that will to topple the highest contender coursed through Giorno's veins. Not for misdeeds cast upon him, or for his own pride - no, it was a dream that only his resolve could achieve.

He's wrong. . .I am on the true golden path, and that is path that I have chosen for myself, beyond the influence of any God or any Fate.

I, Giorno Giovanna, have a dream that I know is just.

As soon as Othinus vanished from the area, her oppressive aura left with her. Giorno wasted no time in following her, moving through his Stand and treading towards the dark doorway with seething purpose in his steps. That is, until he came to an abrupt stop in front of the doorway, suddenly remembering someone. He turned to look back at that said someone.

". . .Jotaro, what are you going to do now?"

Jotaro Kujo sighed, as he always did in situations like this. If he was just a bit faster, DIO would've been incinerated by that sunlight before Othinus swooped in and saved his sorry ass. There was no point in getting worked up about it now, though it's strange to think that if he was a decade younger he would've handled the battle much more poorly. . .despite how highly of himself he thought back then. Giorno's question didn't take long for him to answer.

tumblr_static_6o386m14rv4soc84ggcsco0sg.png

"You and. . .him work well together,"
Jotaro gestured to Diego, deliberately making sure not to look at him. "I trust you enough to handle yourself against her. Not that you need to ask me for anything, anyway."

"I suppose so. And, what about my father? The. . .vampire father, I mean--"

"He won't be able to stall for long. You can count on that. However, Othinus is your main target now. Get going -- I'll stay here."

Giorno nodded. The two men looked over at Jolyne and Ermes - though Jotaro's look to Jolyne was as stoic and expressionless as always. Without another word from the towering man himself, he dusted off his coat and rushed downstairs, already feeling the manor shake beneath the force of the traitor's attacks. Giorno looked to Diego, exchanging with him a silent look.

The Resolved ventured into the darkness.

@Space_Candy @Ver @dark @Alex Azure @Atomic Knight @Jeremi @Crow @Yun Lee @Josh @Hood Rat @Hahli Nuva @Lucky @Cromartous @Upstairs​

Jolyne's stared back at her father and just rolled her eyes. "Give me a break..." Though with Jotaro heading downstairs made Jolyne's path far more obvious. "Gonna head after that witch huh?" Jolyne asked Giorno. "Count us in."

Ermes nodded."Whatever bs is going on downstairs I'm sure they can take care of it. Someone's gotta catch that girl after all."

@CrunchyCHEEZIT @Ver

"What?! You've spotted Othinus?" Kyoko exclaimed in response to Billy and the rest of the group over the communications relay, as though genuinely surprised, "Our sensors on your position haven't been able to pick up any reading aside from two anomalies; DIO and Pucci, it seemed. How is that possible?"

"Stupid machines," Fiamma of the Right spat, "An illusion or a trickery of the eyes or so-called sensors would be no problem for a Magic God who does not wish to be found. But for her to present herself to openly to us...!"

"As for a traitor... I'm getting a massive energy reading from downstairs. It seems like the group there was fighting Pucci and..." Kyoko paused briefly, soft beeps being heard from her end as though she were fiddling with some monitoring equipment, "... and Jiren?! He's fighting with the group!" She exclaimed, spelling out the gray's betrayal.

"A few of the others went down to encounter him. I hope you've got a backup plan for something like this," Fiamma shot back as he led the group on the march to follow Othinus, still on comms.

@Crow @Yun Lee @Takumi @Atomic Knight @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Space_Candy @Jeremi @Lucky @ChasingOthinus

As Chise healed him, Libra smiled at the girl, head now clear. "Thank you, Chise. Let's be off!"

As they started off for Othinus, Libra attempted to use his ear piece. "Hello? Do I just talk into this, and they'll hear me?" Having been active within the Coalition, he had gotten better with technology...somewhat. This device was a new one for him. May as well give it a try.... "Ahem. Hello, Miss Kirigiri. This is Libra. I'm afraid Othinus had a trap ready for us and was using DIO and Pucci as a distraction for...something. I am unsure of what, however. I've no idea what's been happening downstairs, but Jiren turning on us is deeply troubling. I do hope they can lead him back to the right path..."

@Ver @Crow @Yun Lee @Takumi @Atomic Knight @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Space_Candy @Jeremi @Lucky @ChasingOthinus

Jotaro Kujo arrived at the downstairs area, coolly striding in with his hat tilted down. He glanced up at the commotion going on with Jiren, sneering and moving his hand his hat, tilting it upwards. "Good grief. . .this is going to be annoying."

Without breaking stride, the man's finger left his pocket and was now pointed to the man who he was looking for - a priest adorned in a purple coat. No words shared between the two, though Pucci would get a good look at the towering man in white, possibly realizing who he was. That realization wouldn't do him any good, however. It would do nothing to halt Jotaro Kujo's arrival.

"Star Platinum: The World."

As Jotaro calmly uttered the true name of his Stand, it emerged from his body, wreathed in a golden light before crossing its arms across its chest in an 'X' pattern. The jewel adorning Star Platinum's 'crown' suddenly shimmered for a half-second before the world surrounding Jotaro suddenly lost all color. The shrieking noise emanating from the jewel signaled every moving thing surrounding the man to completely halt all at once. Projectiles froze in the air, the clenched-teeth expression of battle frozen on the face of Jiren and his former allies. Jotaro saw the world before him slow down to a complete stop, and with Aoko Aozaki not here. . .it was clear only to him what had just occurred.

"Time has stopped." Jotaro's voice echoed through his little world, though only he could hear it.

The man shot forward, knowing he only had a few seconds to spare before time would resume again. Sliding past the frozen statues that were the other allies of his on this mission, Jotaro planted his feet in front of Enrico Pucci, allowing Star Platinum to phase through his body and face the priest, who was still frozen in place and unaware of Jotaro's presence.

ORA!

CRRACK

There goes one hand, his fingers bending backwards with a sickening crack.

ORA!

SNAAAP

There goes the other.

"Hoo. . ."

326415DF487D92DF600C61247AC1A95E54CE5C59

ORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORA!

Star Platinum roared with fury as it unleashed a vicious pummeling onto the frozen Pucci, shattering bones across his body as the Stand's rapid-fire fists smashed into his body like cannonballs, threatening to completely impale him if Jotaro wasn't controlling the distribution of Star Platinum's power. Pucci couldn't react to the brief onslaught, his face completely frozen in his glowering expression as craters were spread across his wracked body. This happened in the span of two seconds, and once it was done, Star Platinum swiftly vanished into nothingness, allowing Jotaro to hold his hat and sigh.

"Time has begun to move again."

Suddenly, for everyone else in the room, the sound of Pucci suddenly being blown away by a single, destructive force could be heard, and those who look would find Jotaro Kujo standing where Pucci stood, clutching his coat and watching silently as he sent the priest flying to the opposite side of the room, or possibly flying directly into Max's projectiles.

upload_2018-5-21_20-24-11-png.2758

"I heard something about an Enrico Pucci from my daughter. You can consider this a light warning."

@Ver @Kaykay @Atomic Knight @Cromartous @Yun Lee @York @Crow @dark @Alex Azure @Lucky @Gummi Bunnies @Downstairs​

"What?! You've spotted Othinus?" Kyoko exclaimed in response to Billy and the rest of the group over the communications relay, as though genuinely surprised, "Our sensors on your position haven't been able to pick up any reading aside from two anomalies; DIO and Pucci, it seemed. How is that possible?"

"Stupid machines," Fiamma of the Right spat, "An illusion or a trickery of the eyes or so-called sensors would be no problem for a Magic God who does not wish to be found. But for her to present herself to openly to us...!"

"As for a traitor... I'm getting a massive energy reading from downstairs. It seems like the group there was fighting Pucci and..." Kyoko paused briefly, soft beeps being heard from her end as though she were fiddling with some monitoring equipment, "... and Jiren?! He's fighting with the group!" She exclaimed, spelling out the gray's betrayal.

"A few of the others went down to encounter him. I hope you've got a backup plan for something like this," Fiamma shot back as he led the group on the march to follow Othinus, still on comms.

@Crow @Yun Lee @Takumi @Atomic Knight @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Space_Candy @Jeremi @Lucky @ChasingOthinus
As Chise healed him, Libra smiled at the girl, head now clear. "Thank you, Chise. Let's be off!"

As they started off for Othinus, Libra attempted to use his ear piece. "Hello? Do I just talk into this, and they'll hear me?" Having been active within the Coalition, he had gotten better with technology...somewhat. This device was a new one for him. May as well give it a try.... "Ahem. Hello, Miss Kirigiri. This is Libra. I'm afraid Othinus had a trap ready for us and was using DIO and Pucci as a distraction for...something. I am unsure of what, however. I've no idea what's been happening downstairs, but Jiren turning on us is deeply troubling. I do hope they can lead him back to the right path..."

@Ver @Crow @Yun Lee @Takumi @Atomic Knight @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Space_Candy @Jeremi @Lucky @ChasingOthinus

"Jiren?" Ben was in disbelief. "Well, there's no one else among us who looks like him, maybe except me... so much for justice. Don't worry Libra, I'll give him a good butt-kicking - after we deal with Othinus."

Ben continued forward.

FPm7SRS.jpg

"Toppo must be feeling pretty broken right now, but I'll make sure that the only other things that break after this are our foes."

Ngp1i_ST.png

"Bite your tongue! You know nothing! Do not speak of DIO in that manner; you would provide little more to him than a sacrifice to sustain him," Pucci growled at Severa, having had enough of the girl's attitude. "... Perhaps not even by that much with that lacking body."

When Max unleashed another strange monster that he seemed to have at his beck and call, Pucci commanded C-Moon to punch out the energy blasts from the old man's blaster, but opted to dodge the monster's bigger energy ray. Perhaps it was a bit of a silly image, for a man in a priest's robe to take such physical action like that, but in the heat of the moment, he seemed more than capable of moving like any other man.

From there, C-Moon dashed straight toward the monster, delivering a hard punch right at its chest! As it connected, in a grotesque fashion befitting the monster's appearance, its chest contorted violently and swirled in of itself, as though it had turned inside out.

Because that was precisely what had happened. C-Moon used its power to turn the monster's innards inside out to squash the inside of its body and kill it.

However, if nothing else, it seemed that the monster provided an apt distraction for Sorey to move in and perform his own attack, if only barely, as C-Moon was just barely able to dash back and evade the brunt of the lightning attack, a small graze becoming visible on the Stand's body, and in turn, Pucci's robe being cut once more. In retaliation, C-Moon raised its hand and began moving, as if to strike Sorey, perhaps with the same ability it had used to instantly kill the monster Max had unleashed, and then...

Time had stopped.

With the intervention of Jotaro, suddenly Pucci's body was propelled back once again, forced against the wall where he was practically trapped. He was battered and could hardly move, bruised and beaten to a pulp. Still, he amazingly remained conscious, his body seeming to be rather hardy for a "normal" man, if one could even call him that. Of course, if he was with the Revanchist, who knew what they could have shot him up with?

With a sickly sound that sounded like an uncomfortable cross between a laugh and a cough, Pucci glared at Jotaro, grunting laboredly as he struggled to get back on his feet. "So... You are the one who defied DIO all that time ago... It truly is the same kind of Stand as The World, but not quite!" He grunted, maintaining his gaze at the taller man while C-Moon floated back next to Pucci, "You won't interfere with the dawn of destiny! No matter what you do, your actions will be for naught."

@Kaykay @Atomic Knight @York @Crow @dark @Yun Lee @Alex Azure @Lucky @Gummi Bunnies @Cromartous @Hahli Nuva @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Downstairs

"A distraction? Sounds like they planned for this," Kyoko replied to Libra, clicking her tongue lightly, "Be careful! We don't know what Othinus could possibly be planning if this is what she expected of us. Over and out."

"What a fiasco! But it can still be salvaged!" Fiamma of the Right exclaimed, continuing to move until the group finally managed to backtrack all the way where they had originally started, the magician stopping there and looking around for any trace of the Magic God, but there was nothing, save for the strikingly powerful presence in the air that pierced through space. "Where is she...? Where are you, Othinus?!"

"Oh, fufu... Are you looking for me? I'm right here," the sinister voice of Othinus rang out from right behind him, the man turning around to face the powerful individual that stood before them, the magical air let out by her practically infecting the air. "So the Arrow really is right in front of me... just as those men said it would be. Why don't you make things easier for all of us and hand it over to me?" She asked, eyeing Giorno in particular, the holder of the Arrow.

@Atomic Knight @Lucky @Takumi @Yun Lee @Crow @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Space_Candy @Jeremi @OthinusGroup

Last edited:

"You won't be taking anything from anyone here,"
Libra replied. "Not if I or the rest of us can help it." He readied his staff yet again, getting the sneaking suspicion that his axe would do nothing against such a powerful being. As everyone else would most likely go in the offensive, he would keep any injuries at bay to help their fight last as long as it needed to to end this threat.

@Ver @Atomic Knight @Lucky @Takumi @Yun Lee @Crow @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Space_Candy @Jeremi @OthinusGroup

The guardian of the Arrow planted his feet firmly on the ground, standing center-stage. That dreadful, oppressive air of pure power rushed to his face like a powerful wind, but it could not make a crack on the boy's calm expression, glowering with resolve from every pore.

upload_2018-2-16_15-38-42-png.2268

"You aren't even the first person to seek the power of the Arrow, Othinus. The last man who tried to take this from me. . .well, I'm certain your ally - my father - may know of his whereabouts now, after he tried to kill me for the second time." Giorno sighed, sounding only mildly inconvenienced by Diavolo's sudden re-emergence in his office awhile ago. "But even someone like you can never hope to take this Arrow with intimidation alone. This Arrow is like me - it seeks only 'truth'."

"Does your resolve to eradicate the multiverse make you worthy of this Arrow?" Giorno prompted the Magic God, taking a few bold steps forward and conjuring Gold Experience to emerge from his body, raising its fists in anticipation.

latest

"We're about to find out."

@Ver @Atomic Knight @Lucky @Takumi @Yun Lee @Crow @Space_Candy @Jeremi @OthinusGroup​

"If it's his bones you're worried about, your concerns are as meaningless as usual," Leivinia replied to Touma as she observed Pucci's strange defense mechanism. "Besides, I'm not going to kill him. He's just going to want to ask for it!"

As she raised her wand once again, seemingly not wanting to bother with Jiren any further if he were to try to rebut her, a sadistic smirk crossed her face. Like clockwork, Leivinia repeated the same motion and created the same white, dome shaped explosion at Pucci's location. Until she had a reason to unveil some other attack, the young magician seemed intent on simply continuing the powerful but repetitive spell.

"If it's an illusion, then simply blow it and everything away. No matter how he warps his body or our perceptions, it's meaningless against the sheer scale of larger attacks. You too can summon an explosion of sorts, no? I'd recommend doing it."

She gave Schala her take on the situation as she attacked.

@Kaykay @Atomic Knight @York @Crow @dark @Yun Lee @Alex Azure @Lucky @Gummi Bunnies @Cromartous @Ver @Downstairs
Jiren's eyes thined until they were simply two black slits stroking the sides of his face. A nerve had been pressed.

"Don't presume to know my age, child. I have lived far longer than you could possibly know. I have seen things- hellish things- things beyond imagination. You have seen the Priests power. You have seen mine. The strength we possess is more than enough to cease the arrow. Overthrow the others. Complete the mission. He'd be a fool to betray me. And you'd be fools to turn your back on this opportunity. A chance to remake the world justly is a chance I cannot turn down. To that end, I am more than willing to make a few sacrifices. Let my 'evil' be the last 'evil' to grace this world. Soon, things will be pure. You'll see my light. And you will be sorry"

"You're right-- this does end here"

Drawing back a flying fist, Jiren summoned a burning ball of ki. Within moments, his hand was alive with flame and light, his own life energy coursing from his body like magma through stone.

"Your word means nothing! What do you know of Justice?!"
images

"Power... Impact"​

Jiren felt himself moving against his will, every molecule in his body being dragged through space towards Max. It felt... strange. The last thing he expected was for the old man to catch him off guard with some unearthly technology. Perhaps he was more powerful than he hadn't previously given him credit for.

Anchoring his heels into the ground, Jiren sought to slow his absorption long enough for him to gather his thoughts.

"Interesting" Jiren muttered, raising a palm into the vortex and squinting under the strain of the razor winds. Even then air around him seemed intent on leaping into the gaping mouth of a portal. He did not intend on making its mistake. "Max, you are an honourable man. It pains me to do this..." Fire erupted from his fingertips "But shut down the machine. I doubt it can suck in light. Cease your futile assault, or I shall be forced to kill you. I doubt a man of your age will be able to endure a direct hit. It's what's best for us all"

Jiren's blasts entered the portal.

"Jiren, if you are unwilling to go to the Null Void, it seems that I'll just have to bring it to you. You're correct, I'm helpless against a direct hit from you, but Vulpinmancers on the other hand are pretty tenacious guys."

The portal stopped sucking Jiren in, but this time, feral dog-like creatures popped out of it the very same portal instead, before it closed.

HKlwvwW.jpg

They came in different colours - red, blue, orange, even green. There were about a dozen of them, in fact.

"I know you don't want to do this, Jiren, and neither do I," Max says as the Vulpinmancer pack collectively attacks Jiren.

"But I guess this is ultimately how war between allies works."

Max, keeping the Null Void Projector, takes his extendable pole out. Another creature that accompanied the Vulpinmancers out of the portal appeared, flying behind Max.

6AveQMw.jpg

Max simply jumps upon the flying beast, controlling it like some kind of steed with one hand as he wields his pole in the other. Taking flight, he was ready for battle. Jiren heavily overpowered him, but he needed to give the others a slight advantage.

@Ver @Kaykay @Atomic Knight @York @Crow @dark @Yun Lee @Alex Azure @Hahli Nuva @Lucky @Gummi Bunnies @Cromartous @Downstairs
Russia subtly glared at that woman, and heard about her crap about diversions and all. He hated her power, and general self. She was the bad guy here, she had to be finished off, that was his decision at first. But Russia was a smart, if not insane man, and he was not stupid. While yes, she could be just bluffing, the fact he considered this man, a man who he had refused to attack since he was simply too powerful, just a distraction, was concerning.

So with that, Russia calmed himself down...and directed his wrath to the commotion down stairs.
———————
Russia had seen the situation, and as for as he knew, this creature was a traitor, just as that woman said. He even looked and acted like it!
He stepped forward and took out his sub machine gun.
“Pucci was izt? You know, by telling everyone about your intentions, you just gave yourself a death sentence. Don’t worry, I’ll give you a reward, a body full of bullet holes...kolkolkol...”
Russia aimed it at the creature, and fired.
@Cromartous @Eveyrone Downstairs​
Will brought forth her hand, glowing with Quintessence, and closed her eyes as jiren's Ki washed over her.

The Keeper simply absorbed it as it passed and stood forth none the worse for wear. Jiren's stregnth was directed through his spirit, his energy a testament to his inner power. His ki attack may have vaporized the others, but Will knew life energy when she saw it and Jiren had done nothing short of giving her a reprive by basically throwing her own powers back at her.

Will turned her head to see another man being fought by a red haired girl and other members of their group. While Jiren was occupied by Max and some guy with a machine gun, The Keeper decided to slide back, giving herself space between Jiren and the others. Fighting them all at once didn't seem to be working as it should. They needed a plan.

And she needed time to think. Wait...

If she could isolate Jiren from this battle, and challenge him herself, then the others could fight the real villain and overpower him easily. This man was using Jiren as a brick wall, an insurmountable mountian to wear everyone out before he finished them off all in one or two blows and went on his way.

Okay. Now she got it. Time to let loose a bit.

Looking to the others, she used telepathy to speak to her allies in her leadership tone without Jiren or Pucci hearing her.

"Everyone, listen up. I can handle Jiren on my own. If I can isolate him from this battle, you can all concentrate on taking the other man down and maybe we can snap him out of this. Once you all get your attacks in, I'll charge Jiren and fight him alone."

@Ver @Kaykay @Atomic Knight @Cromartous @Yun Lee @York @Crow @dark @Alex Azure @Lucky @Gummi Bunnies @DOWNSTAIRS
"That's right... fly away old man" Jiren muttered, watching the strange grey creature circle to the roof of the lower floor. Perhaps there was no end to Max's tricks. No matter. They were simply tricks. With a swing of his mighty fist, Jiren swatted the fastest of the dogs, sending it into a tailspin across the floorboards. The creatures were strong and fast, but by no means smart. They were more animal than alien. The next would be met with a cloud of small ki blasts, flung from his palm like a fist full of dirt, burning into its face and sending it kidding helplessly between his open legs. Leaping into a forward flip, Jiren let himself ride over the stampede, before firing a decisive power impact into his former location, letting the momentum of the mess of arms and legs carry the majority of the pack into the ready and open jaws of another explosion.

KK5vfAI.gif

12 had become 5.

A spinning sweep kick would disperse the remaining dogs, breaking the legs of one and sending the others into the four corners of the room. One got lucky and managed to sink its teeth into his left arm. The pain was enough to sharpen his senses, but the damage was not great enough to break the skin, not with his Ki being charged to the extent that it was. Another surge of heat would bless the creature with perhaps its first sentient thought; a thought of regret.

"3 against one? Hardly fail?"

Catching another flanking beast, Jiren threw the creature like a football pass, turning the creature into a grey hurricane aimed at Max. Time to test if he had the nerve to strike down one of his own creatures in cold blood. The final two would meet their end, not by his own hand, but their own, their hapless bodies coming crashing into each other, helped in their journey by a firm grip of the collar. But the Octopus was another story altogether. That might pose a legitimate threat...

Flanking his projectile dog with a disc of burning Ki, Jiren sought to divide Max's staff and bring a fraction of the roof down above his current position. Maybe that ought to lessen his control over the beast...

"Leave while you still have pets. Save the fodder. Fight like a man"

Jiren abandoned his plan to follow up his Ki disk and flank Max; the stream of bullets striking his back had more than grasped his attention. A bullet on its own was barely a threat to Jiren; it was the sheer number of strikes that was wearing him down. Even his shield of ki was slowly being worn down, strike after strike hammering away at his door. He could afford for it to crack.

Performing a complete 180, Jiren stared Russia dead in the eye, the only thing breaking his stare being the white blur of a palm forcing led to either side of his person.

"Nice try, warrior. You attack was enough to steal my eye. Perhaps if you were a little quieter, you could have worn me down without me knowing. Sometimes silence is more valuable than a battle-cry... Pity... you're not worthy of my attention"

Jiren continued to deflect the shots, waiting for Russia to reload. That would be his opening to rush his foe and disarm him. There was no use in using excessive force. As long as he had his attention, Russia was not as strong as Will, nor did he had the tricks as Max. He wasn't as much of a threat... still... the repeated deflections had taken one of his arms out of action. Should he wish to avoid the repeated sting of thousands of bullets, Jiren would have to hope he could hold off his former allies with only one hand... or that the Priest would cover his defense. At least until Russia reloaded, Jiren's attention would have to be split.​

"Hmph" Jiren forced air from deep within his lungs. Perhaps, from under the weight of his betrayal, he was trying to smite. Pity the image of The Gray was always that of stoicism. He was starting to enjoy himself. He didn't need to hear Will's thoughts to know that she was coming his way; expression was the true weakness of the human. He could read her face like a book; she wasn't only itching to fight him; she was excited to fight him, on some levels. Perhaps part of her wanted to rise to the challenge and defeat him, to punish him for his betrayal and be certain he couldn't act against them in the future. Perhaps part of her wanted to savor it. Another must have wanted to end it quickly. Her success would depend on which side won out.

"If you want to defeat me, I welcome the challenge... if you think you're strong enough. I won't hold back any longer. You survived a fraction of my heat... let us see if you can endure some more!"

Jiren's ki danced again, lighting the darkest corners and providing a glow to even the underbelly of Max's beast. The light of his coming blast was enough to bring a squint even to Will's eye, yet as soon as she could blink he would be upon her, Jiren drew the heat back into his core and focusing it into a single mighty strike, aimed at her torso. A stream of steam seemed to follow his Power Rush, severing Russia's line of sight. Previously he had only used his heat in bursts of Ki balls. It was about time to see how Will fared in direct combat with him, something all but the dogs had avoided thus far. Time to show Pucci the extent of his worth...

"Strike back!! Hurt me!! Show me your Justice!"

Jiren's fist would slam against an invisible shield of Quintessence, the power of both warriors becomeing crystal clear. Will's blue contrasted against Jiren's red, her body unmoving, not even an inch.

When she had told the others she would fight him alone, she meant it. It really was time to stop fooling around.

Will grabbed Jiren's wrist as soon as his attack hit home. She wouldn't deny that he had power, but her sheer adrenaline rush and unwavering faith had blocke dout any pain she might have felt. The Keeper promptly blasted off from the ground like a cannonball shot, barreling through the roof of the complex and taking Jiren with her by his fist, dragging him skyward before anybody else could move or stop her.

Jiren's betrayal hadn't personally affected Will herself, due to them not knowing each other, but she had heard enough of his thoughts and words to put two and two together. He honestly believed in what he was doing but sadly, that was not the right path for him to take. If she needed to, Will would stop Jiren by any means.

She prayed she never had that chance.

As soon as they reached a high enough altitude, Will threw Jiren away from her, using him as a launch pad to kick off from and remove his fist from her grip.

"That's ENOUGH. No more. You won't hurt any innocents anymore!"

Quintessence crackled through her fists and her eyes became white with lightning.

"Now you face a True Goddess, Jiren."
Billy had felt very distinctly that most of what he could muster would not have worked on DIO. He ended up spending most of the fight chanting out protection spells and minor healing. The fight ended up being ceased before it had even really begun, which left Billy wondering what it all meant.

H landed next to Libra, ready to heal him, though stopped when others were handling it. Instead, he decided they needed a bit of an update. "Kyoko?" he asked, trying to speak into his communication device. "We spotted Othinus. Some of us are going to go after her, but she mentioned something about a betrayal. Do you know anything about that?"

@Ver @Lucky @Yun Lee @Takumi @Space_Candy

Sorey didn't really understand everything the holy man was saying, but it all seemed to come down to an argument Sorey felt like he had heard before. He was right in that no one was without sin; no one was without darkness, just as no one was without malevolence. Artorius had said before that those considered free of malevolence were just temporary, that they were no more free of corruption than anyone else. This man, Pucci, spoke a truth, but it was still only his truth, one that was definitely not Sorey's.

"I think I like the worlds they way they are now," Sorey said, mostly to himself as an act of self-affirmation. "My friends and all that I love exist here... so I'll fight to keep it the way it is."

Sorey's sword flashed white with the power of the sacred flame. He didn't have his seraphim friends physically here with him, but they were with him in spirit, providing the power and determination to move forward.

LBSaQ1Z.png

"It's his choice, everyone," Sorey said on the matter of Jiren's betrayal. "Just as it's our choice to move forward."

The fight seemed divided and chaotic now, but Sorey figured there was one thing he could focus on at the very least. Perhaps Phil had a point about attacking perhaps not being the best course of action, but Sorey didn't feel as if they had the luxury of time.

"Phantasm... Flash!"

Sorey burst forward at an incredible speed, lightning trailing behind him. He leaped into the air, flying at C-Moon to deliver a slash attack charged with lightning magic.

@Ver @Kaykay @Hahli Nuva @MelodyMeister @York @Crow @dark @Yun Lee @Alex Azure @Lucky @Gummi Bunnies @Cromartous @Downstairs
xCTx8kD.png

"I will fall - but not today, Jiren."

Max fires the Null Void Projector at the Vulpinmancer thrown at him, causing it to return to the Null Void. Next thing he new, a ki blast bent his staff out of shape, turning it into an L. This very ki blast would smack into the ceiling, and would've crushed Max underneath some rubble if his steed wasn't fast enough.

"Perhaps I will respect your decision to fight one-on-one Jiren," Max adds, then turns to Pucci. He starts off by firing the Null Void Projector, opening a ceiling-facing portal near ground level that summoned a humanoid of sorts.

IQimHvz.jpg

"HSSSSSS!!!!"

This wild, grotesque being was so big that only its belly and above emerged from the portal, yet its upper fin barely touched the ceiling. When Max whistled in a specific tune, it crossed its arms in a T-shape, then began to fire a devastating energy ray at Pucci & his stand!

After this assault, Max would follow up with a few energy blasts from a single-handed blaster at Pucci.

@Ver @Kaykay @Atomic Knight @Cromartous @Yun Lee @York @Crow @dark @Alex Azure @Lucky @Gummi Bunnies @Downstairs

"I'm making sure there's a home to return to first, Jiren," Max responds, "for me, and for everyone else. And don't think I have any intention of leaving here while Toppo's putting his faith in you, while Toppo's waiting to regroup with you!"

@Cromartous
Markus had a bittersweet feeling sitting in his stomach, a mix of relief that DIO was gone, but disappointed he didn't do more. He and Simon were tossed easily like paper.
Simon had a firm grip on his wrist, Markus could feel him shake.

"Please Markus listen to me, we should head downstairs and get more prepared. It should be calmer down there."

Boy were they wrong

@Ver @Cromartous @Atomic Knight @Kaykay @Yun Lee @York @Crow @Lucky @dark @Alex Azure @Gummi Bunnies @Downstairs
Will didn't need to actually SEE Jiren to know which was the right one.

His little magic trick may have worked before, but all she needed was his spiritual vital signs to know who was the true Jiren. She had to admit, he was creative if not stubborn. In fact, he reminded Will of herself a bit.

No doubt he had his own crazy repitore of fancy blasts and attacks. Will just had to fight him off long enough to knock some sense into him. She doubted talking would do the trick, but she did feel a little burst of pride at finally having a worthy opponent to fight.

Will waited until Jiren had stopped making his clones to gather a large ball of pink ki energy and used her hands to blast it forth in a dome style burst attack, obliterating the wind trap and blowing all of Jiren's clones backwards and every which way.

"You underestimate us, Jiren. Humans are flawed, yes. We kill each other for the most trivial of reasons, we poison our own planet. We even kill our young before they are born. But above all else, we know how to love. We value life and the preservation of freedom!"
Jotaro Kujo arrived at the downstairs area, coolly striding in with his hat tilted down. He glanced up at the commotion going on with Jiren, sneering and moving his hand his hat, tilting it upwards. "Good grief. . .this is going to be annoying."

Without breaking stride, the man's finger left his pocket and was now pointed to the man who he was looking for - a priest adorned in a purple coat. No words shared between the two, though Pucci would get a good look at the towering man in white, possibly realizing who he was. That realization wouldn't do him any good, however. It would do nothing to halt Jotaro Kujo's arrival.

"Star Platinum: The World."

As Jotaro calmly uttered the true name of his Stand, it emerged from his body, wreathed in a golden light before crossing its arms across its chest in an 'X' pattern. The jewel adorning Star Platinum's 'crown' suddenly shimmered for a half-second before the world surrounding Jotaro suddenly lost all color. The shrieking noise emanating from the jewel signaled every moving thing surrounding the man to completely halt all at once. Projectiles froze in the air, the clenched-teeth expression of battle frozen on the face of Jiren and his former allies. Jotaro saw the world before him slow down to a complete stop, and with Aoko Aozaki not here. . .it was clear only to him what had just occurred.

"Time has stopped." Jotaro's voice echoed through his little world, though only he could hear it.

The man shot forward, knowing he only had a few seconds to spare before time would resume again. Sliding past the frozen statues that were the other allies of his on this mission, Jotaro planted his feet in front of Enrico Pucci, allowing Star Platinum to phase through his body and face the priest, who was still frozen in place and unaware of Jotaro's presence.

ORA!

CRRACK

There goes one hand, his fingers bending backwards with a sickening crack.

ORA!

SNAAAP

There goes the other.

"Hoo. . ."

326415DF487D92DF600C61247AC1A95E54CE5C59

ORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORA!

Star Platinum roared with fury as it unleashed a vicious pummeling onto the frozen Pucci, shattering bones across his body as the Stand's rapid-fire fists smashed into his body like cannonballs, threatening to completely impale him if Jotaro wasn't controlling the distribution of Star Platinum's power. Pucci couldn't react to the brief onslaught, his face completely frozen in his glowering expression as craters were spread across his wracked body. This happened in the span of two seconds, and once it was done, Star Platinum swiftly vanished into nothingness, allowing Jotaro to hold his hat and sigh.

"Time has begun to move again."

Suddenly, for everyone else in the room, the sound of Pucci suddenly being blown away by a single, destructive force could be heard, and those who look would find Jotaro Kujo standing where Pucci stood, clutching his coat and watching silently as he sent the priest flying to the opposite side of the room, or possibly flying directly into Max's projectiles.

upload_2018-5-21_20-24-11-png.2758

"I heard something about an Enrico Pucci from my daughter. You can consider this a light warning."

@Ver @Kaykay @Atomic Knight @Cromartous @Yun Lee @York @Crow @dark @Alex Azure @Lucky @Gummi Bunnies @Downstairs​
Ngp1i_ST.png

"Bite your tongue! You know nothing! Do not speak of DIO in that manner; you would provide little more to him than a sacrifice to sustain him," Pucci growled at Severa, having had enough of the girl's attitude. "... Perhaps not even by that much with that lacking body."

When Max unleashed another strange monster that he seemed to have at his beck and call, Pucci commanded C-Moon to punch out the energy blasts from the old man's blaster, but opted to dodge the monster's bigger energy ray. Perhaps it was a bit of a silly image, for a man in a priest's robe to take such physical action like that, but in the heat of the moment, he seemed more than capable of moving like any other man.

From there, C-Moon dashed straight toward the monster, delivering a hard punch right at its chest! As it connected, in a grotesque fashion befitting the monster's appearance, its chest contorted violently and swirled in of itself, as though it had turned inside out.

Because that was precisely what had happened. C-Moon used its power to turn the monster's innards inside out to squash the inside of its body and kill it.

However, if nothing else, it seemed that the monster provided an apt distraction for Sorey to move in and perform his own attack, if only barely, as C-Moon was just barely able to dash back and evade the brunt of the lightning attack, a small graze becoming visible on the Stand's body, and in turn, Pucci's robe being cut once more. In retaliation, C-Moon raised its hand and began moving, as if to strike Sorey, perhaps with the same ability it had used to instantly kill the monster Max had unleashed, and then...

Time had stopped.

With the intervention of Jotaro, suddenly Pucci's body was propelled back once again, forced against the wall where he was practically trapped. He was battered and could hardly move, bruised and beaten to a pulp. Still, he amazingly remained conscious, his body seeming to be rather hardy for a "normal" man, if one could even call him that. Of course, if he was with the Revanchist, who knew what they could have shot him up with?

With a sickly sound that sounded like an uncomfortable cross between a laugh and a cough, Pucci glared at Jotaro, grunting laboredly as he struggled to get back on his feet. "So... You are the one who defied DIO all that time ago... It truly is the same kind of Stand as The World, but not quite!" He grunted, maintaining his gaze at the taller man while C-Moon floated back next to Pucci, "You won't interfere with the dawn of destiny! No matter what you do, your actions will be for naught."

@Kaykay @Atomic Knight @York @Crow @dark @Yun Lee @Alex Azure @Lucky @Gummi Bunnies @Cromartous @Hahli Nuva @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Downstairs
"Hey! I'm still growing! Besides, I bet DIO's one of those creeps that likes them REAL young!" She would have daid more, but suddenly Pucci was all beat up and that Jotaro guy was here?

Severa blinked. "Wait...WHAT just happened?!"

@Ver @Kaykay @Atomic Knight @York @Crow @dark @Yun Lee @Alex Azure @Lucky @Gummi Bunnies @Cromartous @Hahli Nuva @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Downstairs
Schala Zeal
@Kaykay @Atomic Knight @Ver @Crow @dark @Yun Lee @Alex Azure @Lucky @Gummi Bunnies @Cromartous @Hahli Nuva @CrunchyCHEEZIT
@Downstairs

Schala nodded towards Sorey, she too having realized that they couldn't talk Jiren out of the choice he made. In his eyes, his decision was the "right" one, just like in their eyes, their decision to oppose Pucci was. In addition, she shook off her initial notions about this being an illusion; she wasn't quite thinking straight in the heat of the moment... And instead, focused her attention on her main goal here.

"Jiren... I've experienced the tranquility the 'grey' can offer... I understand your cause... But... I cannot back down... Not for you... Not for Pucci. My home now, after all... Is with the Coalition. I have no place left in my home world... Not anymore..." She said, a wistfull smile on her face.

Then, seeing as Jiren, and Pucci were both wrapped up in their own battles, she decided to try and strike at both...

First... She concentrated, closing her eyes as she mouthed ancient... Arcane words under her breath, causing a sudden, detonation of dark magic underneath Pucci's feet, hopefully. She wasn't sure if it would have the same effect as her luminaire spell, as this one was a bit weaker (she needed to cast two spells, in a short amount of time, after all)... But with any luck, it would at least serve as ample distraction against Pucci, so Jotaro might gain some kind of advantage. She did take what Leivinia said to heart, and decided to try something explosive on Pucci again, hoping to at least score a hard enough hit to draw his attention for now.

Whispering something along the lines of 'Good luck' towards the latter... She then turned her attention to Jiren.

Taking a great risk, she bolted somewhere into the middle of the chaos created by Will's attempts to scatter the various copies of Jiren now. Trying to get to the very center of the storm, closing her eyes as she concentrated again, and though she was muttering a series of arcane words under her breath, nothing could be heard within the windstorm still going.

The results of her spell though were quite noticeable when her body seemed to become a conduit for some kind of holy lightning... And (somewhat unexpectedly), blending together with the windstorm Will created... Causing something akin to a lightning storm, with arcs of lightning shooting back and forth, aiming for each of the Jiren copies.

In the end though... Schala could only maintain this for so long... And would need to think of a good escape plan before disaster struck... But, ontop of that, she kept an eye on Sorey, as he had jumped into the fray just before all of this chaos occurred from Will and Jiren (and Max) fighting each other. Having more control over her magic this time, she was at least able to avoid friendly fire with her arcs of holy lightning... For as long as she could sustain her spell anyways...​

Last edited:
Othinus looked less powerful than Billy had imagined, he realized, though knew looks could always be deceiving. The fact that they were standing before her meant she clearly had no fear of them, which made Billy wonder if she should feel so fearless. Not everyone was here, but still, this encounter had the possibility of marking the beginning of the end. If they couldn't beat her here, what hope did they have at all?

8QXm8J9.png

In any case, Billy had no time to think much on the matter. "I want to encase her, trap her, hold her down, inhibit..." he chanted, attempting to evoke a specific spell to incapacitate Othinus. After a moment, thick, blue magic walls formed around Othinus that got smaller and smaller with each passing moment. It was not going to be so easy, but it was a start.

@Ver @Lucky @Takumi @Yun Lee @Crow @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Jeremi @OthinusGroup

344232.jpg

"Fufu, so sure of yourself, even in the face of Armageddon. But that's the thing, isn't it? You can't help it. Your fates have already been sealed. Nothing you do from here on will matter, just as DIO said," she said to Libra, a smirk curling on her lips, most of her face obscured by her hat and the shadows that Othinus took solace within. To Giorno, she tutted softly, shaking her head.

"Worth? Resolve? Such meaningless words created by humans to justify themselves or deny each other of whatever they wish. I am beyond such concepts that serve to cement humanity that which limits you, a living proof that you fundamentally exist below my boot," she said, as though tearing apart Giorno's ideals. "And yet..."

Billy's magical walls formed around Othinus, trapping her, but she hardly reacted, as though it was hardly an inconvenience for her.

"... Perhaps I am the one at a disadvantage, even as you all hone in on myself," Othinus sighed, waving her arm horizontally, bizarre "explosions" ringing within the walled space Billy created, the very same ones that had knocked Rita and Libra back when the two of them had first encountered the incomplete Magic God. These "explosions" threatened to tear apart space, distorting the air like a swirling soup before the walls themselves eventually exploded, ultimately negated by the goddess's strange powers.

"After all, the power of 50/50 can only bring me so far before it might eventually betray me. The omnipotence paradox that asks, could an all-powerful being deny itself? Create an object it cannot lift? A force it cannot defeat? There's the rub; the 50/50 paradox that decrees I might lose to a weak opponent if I tempt probability. But if I were to unify my powers into a 100% success or failure with Gungnir... Bah. These small fights are such a pain anyway," Othinus said, running a hand through her long, flowing hair, "My ambition may be unmatched by humans, but I am not so foolish as to further tempt fate. No... The time is not yet. You will see soon," she went on, seeming to refuse to put up any true fight against everyone.

"After all, just as you seek the handle of Gungnir from myself, I seek the Arrow and Gungnir's tip from you. And it would be a pain to kill you without being able to find out... where the latter is, wouldn't it?" She said with a knowing tone, a piercing gaze toward everyone, furrowed as though mildly annoyed.

@Atomic Knight @Lucky @Takumi @Yun Lee @Crow @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Jeremi @OthinusGroup

Last edited:
344232.jpg

"Fufu, so sure of yourself, even in the face of Armageddon. But that's the thing, isn't it? You can't help it. Your fates have already been sealed. Nothing you do from here on will matter, just as DIO said," she said to Libra, a smirk curling on her lips, most of her face obscured by her hat and the shadows that Othinus took solace within. To Giorno, she tutted softly, shaking her head.

"Worth? Resolve? Such meaningless words created by humans to justify themselves or deny each other of whatever they wish. I am beyond such concepts that serve to cement humanity that which limits you, a living proof that you fundamentally exist below my boot," she said, as though tearing apart Giorno's ideals. "And yet..."

Billy's magical walls formed around Othinus, trapping her, but she hardly reacted, as though it was hardly an inconvenience for her.

"... Perhaps I am the one at a disadvantage, even as you all hone in on myself," Othinus sighed, waving her arm horizontally, bizarre "explosions" ringing within the walled space Billy created, the very same ones that had knocked Rita and Libra back when the two of them had first encountered the incomplete Magic God. These "explosions" threatened to tear apart space, distorting the air like a swirling soup before the walls themselves eventually exploded, ultimately negated by the goddess's strange powers.

"After all, the power of 50/50 can only bring me so far before it might eventually betray me. The omnipotence paradox that asks, could an all-powerful being deny itself? Create an object it cannot lift? A force it cannot defeat? There's the rub; the 50/50 paradox that decrees I might lose to a weak opponent if I tempt probability. But if I were to unify my powers into a 100% success or failure with Gungnir... Bah. These small fights are such a pain anyway," Othinus said, running a hand through her long, flowing hair, "My ambition may be unmatched by humans, but I am not so foolish as to further tempt fate. No... The time is not yet. You will see soon," she went on, seeming to refuse to put up any true fight against everyone.

"After all, just as you seek the handle of Gungnir from myself, I seek the Arrow and Gungnir's tip from you. And it would be a pain to kill you without being able to find out... where the latter is, wouldn't it?" She said with a knowing tone, a piercing gaze toward everyone, furrowed as though mildly annoyed.

@Atomic Knight @Lucky @Takumi @Yun Lee @Crow @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Jeremi @OthinusGroup

YkhVSz6.jpg

"I don't believe in those words of yours, Othinus!"

Ben smacks his watch down, initiating a transformation.

BOZxRQO.jpg

"Refrigerator! Ohohohohohoho~"

A being before Othinus appears, dubbing itself 'Refrigerator'.

"That's rather hypocritical, you know, Othinus. You claim to put yourself above humanity, yet you perform the same errors and mistakes that a regular human does - arrogance, and of course, the denial of wishes that many might have, sacrificing their hope for the future with your own selfish ideals, ohohohohoho~" Refrigerator laughs, "I suppose, Magic God, Magic Fraud or whatever, we are all a little human on the inside, whether it be the humanity that aids, or the humanity that steps above and of top of all in a hierarchy, for better or for worse.

Take it from the guy who can turn into at least a hundred aliens - you can't escape the grasp of humanity, Othinus! You have merely embraced a cannibalistic aspect of it! Ohohohoho~"

Refrigerator began to launch purplish-blue energy discs at Othinus - ten of them to be exact.

"Arctic Circle - times ten!"

Any cut that was created by this attack would be immediately frozen, followed by a decent-sized explosion from the frozen crevice of said cut*! These discs were being controlled, evidenced by Refrigerator moving his fingers about to maneuveur them.

@Ver @Atomic Knight @Lucky @Takumi @Yun Lee @Crow @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Jeremi @OthinusGroup
*Arctic Circle is basically Death Saucer. When the freezing part occurs, heat is actually being compressed inbetween the frozen areas. Unable to contain itself for too long, the explosion occurs.

Last edited:
She truly was evil. Even if she didn't exude a wicked aura like DIO, Othinus was an incredibly selfish person. Acting as if she was above human emotions in order to get what she wanted...someone like that should never be allowed to be so powerful. And she needed to be stopped, above all else.

"...tip of Gungnir?" Libra gave Othinus an apologetic smile. "I do hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I am afraid I have no idea what that is." He hoped everyone else would follow his lead...even if being dishonest was sinful. But the less Othinus knew, the better.

@Ver @Atomic Knight @Lucky @Takumi @Yun Lee @Crow @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Jeremi @OthinusGroup

Leivinia was temporarily stunned silent as Pucci suddenly flew across the room. She had no idea what had caused that. She'd had absolutely no way of sensing it. All she understood was that the huge guy with the coat had done something. Whatever he'd done, it was fortunate that Jotaro Kujo was on their side.

Things were looking good relatively speaking. Jiren had defected, but he was being held off and Pucci was still being pressured. The way things were going, it even seemed as though Jotaro alone could take the priest down. However, Leivinia wasn't the type to stand around doing nothing.

"You can tell us it's for naught all you want, but it's pretty pointless when you're just getting in worse and worse condition."

Spinning her wand around once like a baton, a torrent of flames began to spew forth from it. They began to grow into a scorching flame that advanced upon the cornered Pucci.

"So let's see just how for naught it all is, shall we?"

@Ver @Atomic Knight @York @Crow @dark @Yun Lee @Alex Azure @Lucky @Gummi Bunnies @Cromartous @Hahli Nuva @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Downstairs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back