Status
Not open for further replies.
Thor clicked his tongue as Severa managed to block his Arc Fusion Blades, but attempted to push forward with the intent of knocking her back so she could get out of the way of his attack, before the other two Stand users intervened, forcing him to divert his attention elsewhere. Just like with Giorno, Thor initially managed to hold off Jolyne's barrage of punches -- as well as Mason's own energy blades when he jumped into the fray as well -- before evading them easily with the power of the world before them, swiping out of Ermes's range as well.

As it stood, as seen with Giorno, it seemed that the whole gimmick was that he could only be hurt by those he did not recognize to be active targets. A troublesome foe to contend with, but if one really wished to employ people who could dominate the multiverse, may as well employ the best of the best.

As Leivinia sprung her roundabout trap, covering all her bases in a maneuver to circumvent the power of the Almighty Thor, the blonde-haired magician took the bait, the girl's final explosion sending Thor flying into the air and landing on his side a ways away from the group. He let out a pained groan upon impact, the clever gambit using Touma's Imagine Breaker paying off. Still, he got back up again, shaking his head as it seemed every hit he took only made him more eager to fight.

When was the last time he had such a fight anyway, even with the powers of Almighty Thor?

"Not bad, Leivinia Birdway... but perhaps I should have expected as much after hearing about what you did at Hawaii. Poor Cendrillon," Thor tutted softly, perhaps leaving the others mystified to an extent.

He faced everyone, his options limited a bit because of Leivinia's magic, but before he could make another move, something bizarre -- once again -- happened.

All of Leivinia's explosions suddenly dissipated involuntarily, and behind them, the witch herself suddenly was visible. Othinus had appeared before them.

234483.jpg

"And just what do you think you are doing, Thor?"

Thor only silently pursed his lips uneasily, like a child being called out by his mother, before he eventually did speak. "Err... Trying to keep the Arrow away from everyone, of course."

"I'll be taking it now," Othinus spoke demandingly, eliciting a tired sigh from Thor as he relinquished the Arrow to Othinus, looking over at everyone with a regretful look. Not that he was sorry to give up the Arrow that they were trying so hard to take back, but because this meant their fight had to be interrupted.

Looking toward everyone in turn, not having a single care about the small fight she interrupted, Othinus sneered, as though looking at ants.

"As I've been saying from the beginning, your actions have ceased to have any meaning. You are already too late. Why don't you... stand down and accept the fate that awaits you and the multiverse?"

@Hood Rat @Kaykay @Jeremi @Yun Lee @Lucky @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Alex Azure @Crow @Gummi Bunnies @City

"Because I want to beat the crap out of you that's why."
Jolyne responded back to the witch. "Cause that's what going to happen one way or another."

@Ver @Hood Rat @Kaykay @Jeremi @Yun Lee @Lucky @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Alex Azure @Crow @Gummi Bunnies @City

Thor clicked his tongue as Severa managed to block his Arc Fusion Blades, but attempted to push forward with the intent of knocking her back so she could get out of the way of his attack, before the other two Stand users intervened, forcing him to divert his attention elsewhere. Just like with Giorno, Thor initially managed to hold off Jolyne's barrage of punches -- as well as Mason's own energy blades when he jumped into the fray as well -- before evading them easily with the power of the world before them, swiping out of Ermes's range as well.

As it stood, as seen with Giorno, it seemed that the whole gimmick was that he could only be hurt by those he did not recognize to be active targets. A troublesome foe to contend with, but if one really wished to employ people who could dominate the multiverse, may as well employ the best of the best.

As Leivinia sprung her roundabout trap, covering all her bases in a maneuver to circumvent the power of the Almighty Thor, the blonde-haired magician took the bait, the girl's final explosion sending Thor flying into the air and landing on his side a ways away from the group. He let out a pained groan upon impact, the clever gambit using Touma's Imagine Breaker paying off. Still, he got back up again, shaking his head as it seemed every hit he took only made him more eager to fight.

When was the last time he had such a fight anyway, even with the powers of Almighty Thor?

"Not bad, Leivinia Birdway... but perhaps I should have expected as much after hearing about what you did at Hawaii. Poor Cendrillon," Thor tutted softly, perhaps leaving the others mystified to an extent.

He faced everyone, his options limited a bit because of Leivinia's magic, but before he could make another move, something bizarre -- once again -- happened.

All of Leivinia's explosions suddenly dissipated involuntarily, and behind them, the witch herself suddenly was visible. Othinus had appeared before them.

234483.jpg

Thor only silently pursed his lips uneasily, like a child being called out by his mother, before he eventually did speak. "Err... Trying to keep the Arrow away from everyone, of course."

"I'll be taking it now," Othinus spoke demandingly, eliciting a tired sigh from Thor as he relinquished the Arrow to Othinus, looking over at everyone with a regretful look. Not that he was sorry to give up the Arrow that they were trying so hard to take back, but because this meant their fight had to be interrupted.

Looking toward everyone in turn, not having a single care about the small fight she interrupted, Othinus sneered, as though looking at ants.

"As I've been saying from the beginning, your actions have ceased to have any meaning. You are already too late. Why don't you... stand down and accept the fate that awaits you and the multiverse?"

@Hood Rat @Kaykay @Jeremi @Yun Lee @Lucky @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Alex Azure @Crow @Gummi Bunnies @City
"..."

upload_2018-2-16_15-38-42-png.2268

Giorno snarled beneath his breath as he watched the battle rage on, not because of the intensity or the gratuitous displays of power Thor enjoyed putting on, but because he could sense an overwhelmingly wretched presence lurking about the sidelines like a spectator throughout the skirmish. As Leivinia's explosions faded without her command, Giorno Giovanna's eyes met with Othinus. His fingers nearly snapped under the force of his fist clench as the Arrow left Thor's hand and fell to Othinus'.

The don didn't make any movements or taunts toward the witch, instead stepping back and keeping his eyes locked on the Arrow clenched in her grasp. Gold Experience lingered behind its master, keeping its hands hidden behind his back and glowering at the witch alongside Giorno.

There was no point in rushing in with confidence and resolve alone, as much as Giorno wished he could do that. In the face of a Magic God... all he can do his bide his time and wait for an opening.

@Ver @Hood Rat @Kaykay @Jeremi @Yun Lee @Lucky @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Alex Azure @Crow @Gummi Bunnies@City​

Phil Connors

" In all honesty, I don't care. Home has already been fucked by me leaving, if the multiverse falls, so be it. As my grandma used to say, it is just something else that happens and I'm sure as a god you believe that it's fate or destiny or some grand master plan based on some philosphical meaning or maybe some twist of fortune, but I don't. Everything Happens. Just that and the reason is whatever you supply. The only sane thing to do is adjust as the real thing that matters is what happens after."

@Ver @City

"You bark too loud," Othinus said to Severa and Jolyne, paying little more heed to what they said, as though viewing them as empty threats, though Phil's words seemed to elicit an amused reaction out of the goddess. "Such a depressingly nihilist point of view. Refreshing for a human, even if because of or in spite of this greater multiverse you live within. It seems as though you've already resigned to your fate. Why don't you simply come with me instead? That Jiren accepted the truth that this multiverse as it is... should no longer exist. Not when there exists a power to create it anew. Just the way it should be."

She levitated through the air, stopping behind where the group and Thor were standing, eyeing them intently. "As I've said before, I've no desire to engage in such small fights with you. Especially not when the conditions to achieving the power I need are so close to me. I've simply come to claim what I want."

"And once I've done what I need to, it will all be over."

"N-Nghh... Wait... No! Stop!" Touma weakly called out, gathering his bearings once again as he struggled to get back to his feet.

FWOOSH!

And with that, she suddenly disappeared with the Arrow in her grasp. With a bored sigh, as though suddenly deflated compared to how he was when fighting, Thor shrugged his shoulders. "A shame. It appears that I've no longer the ability to fight with you anymore. Not when you're likely pre-occupied with something else in your mind now," he said, dropping his arms as a show of faith, "Now that the jig is up, I guess you'd much rather chase after her, wouldn't you?"

"I do not... understand what your motivations are, says MISAKA," 10032 said.

"I'm just looking for a good fight, and Othinus promised I'd get many of those. But I can't fight an enemy who's heart isn't in it. That's just no fun," Thor said, shrugging his shoulders, though it seemed like he was taking pity on everyone else strangely enough.

❝ Easy for you to say. ❞ Willard made an offhand comment at Thor, not exactly liking the fact that the latter had only banked in with Othinus for a selfish desire of fighting. Though, it was obvious that they shouldn't just stick around here when Othinus disappeared in front of them with the Arrow.

❝ We should get moving. ❞ Even though he didn't seem to know where to go from here.

@Hood Rat @Kaykay @Jeremi @Yun Lee @Lucky @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Alex Azure @Crow @Ver
@City

Phil Connors

Phil looked over at her. " It's actually a surprising realistic view if you know what I have done. Oh, it's entirely in spite of. I have always resigned myself to my fate. The very first thing I did before I got into this greater multiverse was kill myself. Still don't entirely see the point to life either, no matter how much people tell me it's worth living," he said, following her, not because he wanted to stop her, but because at this point, her offer seemed tempting. What exactly did he live for after all? Nothing when it came down to it, so in a way, accepting her offer was the ultimate suicide pact. If she succeeded, he lived in a world free of his past. If she failed, he was sure someone would want to execute himself. Either way he choose, he wouldn't win and he was fine with that.

Once he would finally catch up with her, he would utter four simple words. " I accept your offer."

@Hood Rat @Kaykay @Jeremi @Yun Lee @Ver @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Alex Azure @Crow @Gummi Bunnies @City

Phil Connors

Phil looked over at her. " It's actually a surprising realistic view if you know what I have done. Oh, it's entirely in spite of. I have always resigned myself to my fate. The very first thing I did before I got into this greater multiverse was kill myself. Still don't entirely see the point to life either, no matter how much people tell me it's worth living," he said, following her, not because he wanted to stop her, but because at this point, her offer seemed tempting. What exactly did he live for after all? Nothing when it came down to it, so in a way, accepting her offer was the ultimate suicide pact. If she succeeded, he lived in a world free of his past. If she failed, he was sure someone would want to execute himself. Either way he choose, he wouldn't win and he was fine with that.

Once he would finally catch up with her, he would utter four simple words. " I accept your offer."

@Hood Rat @Kaykay @Jeremi @Yun Lee @Ver @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Alex Azure @Crow @Gummi Bunnies @City

bZRJppN.png

"Phil! No!"

Grandpa Max exclaims as Phil prepares to join Othinus & Thor.

"You don't know what you're doing, Phil. Phil? Phil? PHIIIIIIIIIIL!"

Phil Connors

Phil simply turned to Max and looked at with him cold and distant hazel eyes. " You're right about one thing, I don't know what I'm doing, but I honestly don't care. It's the dark I know well, ask Mason about it. A good person wouldn't take nearly eight lives for his selfish gain. You don't know me," he replied, before turning away and heading back towards following Othinus.

"I don't care for rainbows! I don't care for your powers or techniques! I've grown tired of your childish arguments! Tired of excuses! It's time we wiped the slate clean... Becuase if not we'll fight our fists... we'll fight with our tongues... the weapons won't matter. At the end of the day... we'll only be fighting over words. Truths and lies. All it comes down to are truths-" Jiren charged towards Ben in a heartbeat, a flaming fist striking the center of the strange sweater-beast, sparks seeming deep into its fibers "And lies. You fight for yours. I'll fight for mine. We're both beyond epiphanies now. I'll die for my faith. Kill me. Strike me down in passion. Prove me right. Set me free. Or dye as another martyr of a doomed world"

"Show me the balance!" A wall of ki blades shot towards Chise and her partners, propelled by the command of Jiren's furious heart "Because if it exists, I must be blind to it. Evil outweighs the good. It overshadows it. Overwhelms it. It swallows it whole and spits out its bones to be pecked by birds. Its time someone evened the odds... and its clear that all of you lack the will for it!"

Jiren became a statue in frozen space, each muscle forced to endure the weight of a dozen worlds. His assault was blocked by a wall of force. His retreat was blocked the same invisible shield. No matter where he turned, some unseen strength sought to wear him down, chipping away at his resolve. As his energy supply switched from fuel to fumes, his fury filled up his tank. Even under the bombardment of gravity, Jiren began to edge forward. He had endured vacuums. He had fought to protect worlds that dwarfed the Earth ten times over. A little extra gravity could be overcome with enough power and focus- or in Jiren's case, with pure drive. He willed his lips to move again.

"You... are... correct" He muttered, his jaw barely shifting "There is good... In man... but goodness... is frowned upon in survival... the good are the first to be exploited. The first to be hardened... first to die. This broken world is... built to destroy... all that is... good" He made his first step in the face of the growing pressure. Then another. And another. Slowly, Jiren was gaining speed again, overcoming the limits Libra had set for him. "You speak... with kindness... with honour... and for that..." Another Bolt of ki erupted from his system, his strength growing beyond the limits of her gravity "For that I'll kill you last. I hope that you shall return to life in my new world and that you will come to see its splendour... until then... stay out of my way. I may lose the clarity to spare to should you find it in you to interfere..."

"Don't you understand? We fight to break that cycle! We fight to sever the chains of kings and revolts, of evolution and extinction. We fight to preserve the world that should be; an immortal world. I saw this... Pucci opened my eyes... And now he lies with..." He closed his eyes and tensed his neck. He didn't want to say their names. He did not want to disturb the dead... not while the fires of hope and salvation still burned. He willed himself to go on "Now he lies with Marian, both stripped from me by the likes of the passionate. You understand my plight. You understand my goals... But your loyalty blinds you. It had infected you like a cancer... one in intend to extract. We have the chance to write our own answers. Build our own truths"

His power rose again, sending rippling shockwaves across the battlefield towards Schala's person

"But if you cannot see that... then strike me... prove to me the dangers of passion. Prove me right!!!!!"

"You are right" Toppo rising to his feet again, his body finally coming to terms with his new strengths. The sudden splicing of Kryptonian DNA with his own had sent his body into a temporary state of repair, preparing itself for the coming of great power. By the time the coronation had arrived, Toppo was a new man, leaner, paler and almost human in appearance. The height and pure muscle mass of his God of Destruction state remained, however, everything seemed to be proportioned far more naturally. To the eye, he appeared to have lost all resemblance to some ancient titan or ungodly alien. Those who knew him less might confuse him with a strong, old man, had the crest of Belmond not remained aglow on his chest.

Perhaps the crest itself had changed somewhat too. It seemed smoother around the edges, stretching and curling across his chest, almost like a constrictor, or a spiralling, glowing S divided by yellow sun.

"Jiren had come to terms with death long before I met him... But remember that he has renounced surrender. He had renounced mercy. He has no intention of stopping until his plan is complete... If we had the chance to debate it I would" His eyes began to glow with a smoking red light "But that time has passed. Jiren and I can talk it out the next life..."

View attachment 3339

"Enough stalling!"

Jiren's power surged forth again, shaking the earth with its might.

"I had a job to do. I failed it. The least I can do is secure their VENGENCE! FOR PUCCI! FOR MARIAN! FOR ALL THE LIVES YOUR PASSION DESTROYS! FOR MY NEW WORLD, AND FOR WHAT THE OLD ONE FAILED TO BE, I WILL NOT STAND DOWN! SO RISE AND FACE ME! FACE MAXIMUM WILLPOWER! ENDURE THE WRATH OF A HERO OF JUSTICE! FEEL TO UNLIMITED WRATH OF THE GRAY!!!"

Charging forward with a burning fist extended before him, Jiren sought to begin his final charge. From here on out, it was death or glory. Either way, he would see his tribe again, either in the New World, or the Next World​
"Guh-!" Severa's head flew back as Thor's kick landed square in her jaw. "Ugh! You... you brute!!" She staggered back, holding her sore jaw and glaring daggers at their opponent. It was clear she had far more to say to him, but the kick had successfully shut her up...and that just made her even angrier. As he went for the portals and Jolyne and Ermes went on the offensive, she went on the defensive, attempting to block his assault on Mason's portals!

@Ver @Hood Rat @Kaykay @Jeremi @Yun Lee @Lucky @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Alex Azure @Crow @Gummi Bunnies @City

---

"Jiren..." Libra dropped his hands, the gravity for their foe returning to normal. So, in the end, he couldn't be saved after all... Libra merely took a step back, his staff now ready. He didn't want to take part in the fight-it didn't seem right, after his attempt to aid Jiren. Instead, he planned to heal any allies...and hopefully not create Malevolence through his remorse.

@Cromartous @York @Crow @Ver @Cromartous @Takumi @Lucky @Yun Lee @Gummi Bunnies @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Donder172 @Hahli Nuva @JirenFight
"Well, Libra, I'm keeping to my promise not to kill him..."

When Jiren struck the team, he would feel something from Schala & Ben that halted his actions. Schala was being veiled in a cloak of light during this as Ben's fabric-like form was reduced to a compressed, durable metal-jade-like neckpiece that carried her pendant.

3SLUkPK.png

"HAAAAAAAAAA!!!"

Schala would find her outfit altered, transforming into a brand new one, as white cloths, emerging from the neckpiece, crossed over her chest in an X-like manner, before descending and decorating themselves into a long skirt base. This skirt base had two drapes hanging on the sides, flowing in the wind gracefully - one seeming to burn at the tip, yet no amount of time could actually char it, and the other one seeming to dissipate into plasma electricity, yet it would never truly vanish.

The finishing touches - blackish-green metallic-jade anklets and cuffs to go with the outfit, a small frost tiara, and this odd transformation turning her earrings into gems resembling the sun & moon.

What, were you expecting something more delinquent-like for an outfit?

The very energy of the transformation process seemed to slow Jiren down, and should Jiren continue, Ben would control Schala's hand for a bit to block the punch, seemingly effortlessly as the combined duo was blown back only a mere few metres. Whatever the upgrades did, it caused Schala to become greater in power, in both offense & defense. To say it doubled, quadrapled, that would be an understatement. She would begin to levitate above the ground and waters.

"... but I made absolutely no promises about not kicking his butt really, really badly!"

Ben's supposed 'eyes' in this form looked to a corner at what appeared to be toy bricks, some of Pesky Bloxx's leftover... uh... body parts. During this period, the burning drape would be temporarily transformed into a plug-shaped appendage as it zapped at the bricks, converting them to a plasma-like state and draining them, before turning back to their usual silky white form, with the burning tip. Just what was that for?

"Alright, if we're still on the 'make peace' thing, I might have an idea where step one is going very near to Jiren. That on its own might be a problem, but I think that's obvious...

... basically, I'm going to show him his own life story, and mine too! That will be my plan before we resort to the last resort! You guys just talked me into this, that means I'm not backing out so soon!"

@York @Crow @Ver @Cromartous @Takumi @Lucky @Yun Lee @Gummi Bunnies @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Donder172 @Hahli Nuva @JirenFight
Schala Zeal
@Crow @Ver @Cromartous @Takumi @Lucky @Yun Lee @Gummi Bunnies @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Donder172 @Hahli Nuva
@JirenFight

Even at what Jiren said... Schala suddenly sheathed her blades, intending to face him with her bade hands... Instead of dark magic coated blades, shaking her head.

"I too, fight to break the cycle... I believe we don't need a heaven... We don't need immortality, but... What we do need... Is to change how we fight... And in the end... How we win." She said.

Seeing Jiren charge towards her, she prepared to counter with a spell, but... Ben had other ideas, the living outfit warping and changing on her body. Though she did not dare to look, in favor of concentrating on Jiren, she could feel these changes physically.

It was then, that she felt her hand moving on its own accord... No wait... On Ben's accord, blocking a punch from Jiren, something that she normally wouldn't have been able to do without first casting a haste spell on herself.

Hearing what Ben was saying, Schala seemed... Happy, but at the same time, a little cautious.

"I understand we'll have to fight Jiren... Maybe knock some sense into him... But, as I said... We must... Break this cycle of death and violence. We must change... Our way of fighting... If we ever to achieve what we desire." She said.

It looked like she wasn't intending to move until Jiren did... Seeming to be trying to anticipate his actions rather than fight dirty... Or use her magic. On the surface, it was a little tough to follow what Schala intended to achieve from this, but it was evident that she had her mind set... For the better or worse.​

Phil Connors

Phil looked at her for a brief moment. " Off the top of my head, I'd say low self- esteem, PTSD, panic disorder, lack of a paternal figure and a genetic predisposition for anxiety and depression. Also apathy," he replied. He also drew out one of his guns and shot at Severa in a non-fathal area. " Oh and nearly forgot, horrible human being." And that he turned and went back to running after Othinus.

Severa went down the second the gunshot rang out. Not because she dodged, oh no. She wasn't lucky enough for that. It was hard to see exactly where Phil's gunshot had landed, at first, since the mercenary was on the ground, but a puddle of blood forming right at her left knee made it pretty clear within the next few moments. Oh, that and the bullet was lodged into the floor a few inches behind her.

As for Severa herself, she seemed to be more in shock than anything else at the moment, the sensations and emotions fron being shot at by a man who just minutes ago had taught her to use a gun taking precedence in her mind above the pain. The comm link would definitely pick up the gunshot, though, and eerie silence on Severa's end.

@Hood Rat @Kaykay @Jeremi @Yun Lee @Ver @Lucky @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Alex Azure @Crow @Gummi Bunnies @City

SfIBumS.png

Suddenly, an intense, blinding light shone down from the sky above, bathing Jiren and those fighting him in an aura that could only be described as "holy." It was now almost impossible to see anything but the light and a sweet aroma seemed to permeate the air. Feelings of anger, anxiousness, fear, and the like were ebbed away, though did not disappear completely. The light began to dissipate after a few moments, though it left a transparent and shining veil around everyone.

What was perhaps most surprising once the light dissipated, was the reveal of a giant, glowing bird in everyone's presence.

lpFV6ON.jpg

A booming male voice could be heard by all present.

"Malevolence holds no power in my presence, for I am the light that nullifies the darkness. Stand down now, all of you, or risk divine retribution."

Immediately following this, a blue light appeared next to Aska, that quickly expanded to about the size of a human. Out of this light came a figure who was plainly Billy Kaplan.

JKmM4pH.png

"Everyone," he said, speaking loudly so all could hear, "this is one of the Great Spirits, Aska! He provides the Utopian Parallel with its light... and is the reason I'm still alive!"

"Truly ironic," said Aska. "It is only due to the loss of Verius that I must intervene, though I must protect the sorts of beings that caused his demise. Tell me, where is the being known as Shepherd Sorey, the one who wields the silver flame?"

@Cromartous @York @Crow @Takumi @Lucky @Yun Lee @Gummi Bunnies @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Donder172 @Hahli Nuva @Ver @JirenFight

"Oh COME ON!" Severa put her fists on her hips, not believing this. "What is WRONG with you?! Ugh, Kyoko!" She turned on her comm link. "That weird Phil guy just betrayed us for Othinus. Can I go ahead and stab him?"

@Hood Rat @Kaykay @Jeremi @Yun Lee @Ver @Lucky @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Alex Azure @Crow @Gummi Bunnies @City
Phil Connors

Phil looked at her for a brief moment. " Off the top of my head, I'd say low self- esteem, PTSD, panic disorder, lack of a paternal figure and a genetic predisposition for anxiety and depression. Also apathy," he replied. He also drew out one of his guns and shot at Severa in a non-fathal area. " Oh and nearly forgot, horrible human being." And that he turned and went back to running after Othinus.

"And you're just going to add to it? Let it accumulate?" Grandpa Max continues, especially towards that last part. "You see a negative side of humanity you view as widespread and second nature, and you're just allowing it to grow, with you as another seed? Joining the enemy is one thing, but your way of thinking..."

Max unleashes an extendable pole, ready for combat.

"... I can't help it if you want to join the enemy, but I want to make sure you learn a thing or two about how Tennysons think."

@Hood Rat @Kaykay @Jeremi @Yun Lee @Ver @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Alex Azure @Lucky @Crow @Gummi Bunnies @City

234483.jpg

View attachment 3341
"Hello, Othinus. I don't think we've formally met, outside of a couple of seconds before you warped out of DIO's mansion. Mason Moretti is my name, and saying 'screw you' to fate is my game. I've already changed my own destiny once, and I could do it again. What I've learned, Miss Magic God, is that fate isn't decided by gods or goddesses. It's not decided by three old witches that share one eye and spin thread. It's decided by those who try to change it. Within the multiverse, anything is possible. Each world may have its own story, but every universe has ita copies. They write their own stories. You may thing you've won. But there's still time! And there's still hope! We'll take you down, one way or..."

"You bark too loud," Othinus said to Severa and Jolyne, paying little more heed to what they said, as though viewing them as empty threats, though Phil's words seemed to elicit an amused reaction out of the goddess. "Such a depressingly nihilist point of view. Refreshing for a human, even if because of or in spite of this greater multiverse you live within. It seems as though you've already resigned to your fate. Why don't you simply come with me instead? That Jiren accepted the truth that this multiverse as it is... should no longer exist. Not when there exists a power to create it anew. Just the way it should be."

She levitated through the air, stopping behind where the group and Thor were standing, eyeing them intently. "As I've said before, I've no desire to engage in such small fights with you. Especially not when the conditions to achieving the power I need are so close to me. I've simply come to claim what I want."

"And once I've done what I need to, it will all be over."

"N-Nghh... Wait... No! Stop!" Touma weakly called out, gathering his bearings once again as he struggled to get back to his feet.

FWOOSH!

And with that, she suddenly disappeared with the Arrow in her grasp. With a bored sigh, as though suddenly deflated compared to how he was when fighting, Thor shrugged his shoulders. "A shame. It appears that I've no longer the ability to fight with you anymore. Not when you're likely pre-occupied with something else in your mind now," he said, dropping his arms as a show of faith, "Now that the jig is up, I guess you'd much rather chase after her, wouldn't you?"

"I do not... understand what your motivations are, says MISAKA," 10032 said.

"I'm just looking for a good fight, and Othinus promised I'd get many of those. But I can't fight an enemy who's heart isn't in it. That's just no fun," Thor said, shrugging his shoulders, though it seemed like he was taking pity on everyone else strangely enough.

View attachment 3342
"Mason, she left while you were monologuing," Macy said, casually interrupting as she healed her own wounds and of those around her.

"I... I knew that. I just wanted to finish my speech. Anyway, Thor, if you want a good fight, then why not fight Othinus? She seems like a pretty strong final boss, and definitely a tryhard.

"Or... if the universe isn't ended and all this is over, I'd take you up on the offer of a good fight. I know a couple of worlds that could handle a fight with a god of thunder. I probably won't win, but I could try my best."

Macy grabbed her brother by the collar and started dragging him along. His Arc Blades, still burning at his fingertips, made tracks as they dragged along the ground.

"We don't really have time right now. We gotta go track down the Magic God again before she destroys everything."

"Oh, but when you want chocolate, we have more than enough time," Mason snapped back.
"Oh COME ON!" Severa put her fists on her hips, not believing this. "What is WRONG with you?! Ugh, Kyoko!" She turned on her comm link. "That weird Phil guy just betrayed us for Othinus. Can I go ahead and stab him?"

Phil Connors

"You forgot pervert. Redhead, don't worry about stabbing him. He's more likely to shoot himself first. Plus, I'd want first shot."

Macy's grip tightened and her pace quickened. "Mason, no. Don't make me be the big sister. Kill the Magic God before killing Phil, alright?"

"You alright? Where's sweet and kind Macy?"

View attachment 3342
"She left when all this nihilism came around," Macy said. She used her other hand to grab her Thunder Rod and send a harmless shock towards Phil.
Severa went down the second the gunshot rang out. Not because she dodged, oh no. She wasn't lucky enough for that. It was hard to see exactly where Phil's gunshot had landed, at first, since the mercenary was on the ground, but a puddle of blood forming right at her left knee made it pretty clear within the next few moments. Oh, that and the bullet was lodged into the floor a few inches behind her.

As for Severa herself, she seemed to be more in shock than anything else at the moment, the sensations and emotions fron being shot at by a man who just minutes ago had taught her to use a gun taking precedence in her mind above the pain. The comm link would definitely pick up the gunshot, though, and eerie silence on Severa's end.

Macy dragged herself and her brother over to Severa's side and began healing the gunshot wound. It would hurt like hell at first, especially if the bullet needed to be removed, then quickly fade once the wound was sealed.

SfIBumS.png

Suddenly, an intense, blinding light shone down from the sky above, bathing Jiren and those fighting him in an aura that could only be described as "holy." It was now almost impossible to see anything but the light and a sweet aroma seemed to permeate the air. Feelings of anger, anxiousness, fear, and the like were ebbed away, though did not disappear completely. The light began to dissipate after a few moments, though it left a transparent and shining veil around everyone.

What was perhaps most surprising once the light dissipated, was the reveal of a giant, glowing bird in everyone's presence.

lpFV6ON.jpg

A booming male voice could be heard by all present.

"Malevolence holds no power in my presence, for I am the light that nullifies the darkness. Stand down now, all of you, or risk divine retribution."

Immediately following this, a blue light appeared next to Aska, that quickly expanded to about the size of a human. Out of this light came a figure who was plainly Billy Kaplan.

JKmM4pH.png

"Everyone," he said, speaking loudly so all could hear, "this is one of the Great Spirits, Aska! He provides the Utopian Parallel with its light... and is the reason I'm still alive!"

"Truly ironic," said Aska. "It is only due to the loss of Verius that I must intervene, though I must protect the sorts of beings that caused his demise. Tell me, where is the being known as Shepherd Sorey, the one who wields the silver flame?"

@Cromartous @York @Crow @Takumi @Lucky @Yun Lee @Gummi Bunnies @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Donder172 @Hahli Nuva @Ver @JirenFight

The aura soothed all as the bird descended.

"Over there, your great eagleness," Ben's form, controlling Schala's arm, points to Sorey's position as he spoke.

"You're a Great Spirit, right?" Ben asks, followed by a tint of nervousness in his tone. "I think you might want to leave soon. Someone's after you, and you appearing before us is part of their plan!"

@Atomic Knight @Cromartous @York @Crow @Takumi @Lucky @Yun Lee @Gummi Bunnies @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Donder172 @Hahli Nuva @Ver @JirenFight

Phil Connors

Phil had already know what he was going to do before he even did it. While everybody had been busy monologuing, he had did a backwards flip into the water and started to swim towards the direction that Othinus had headed in. He hadn't even thought when he was swimming, acting on instinct he had learned from his college days.

He didn't care if they followed him. He didn't care if he died. It was funny, but death was welcome to him. In the loop, he couldn't die, no matter how he tried. In the Dark place, he couldn't die, but knowing that he had done something horrible and couldn't take it back was something he didn't care.

Rita Hanson

" He's telling the truth. I believe that Sorey is by... uhh Fiamma now," she said, trying to remember if she was right.

@Atomic Knight @Cromartous @York @Takumi @Lucky @Yun Lee @Gummi Bunnies @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Donder172 @Hahli Nuva @Ver @JirenFight

Last edited:
Libra immediately felt humble in the presence of Aska, and relieved to see Billy alive. "He is safe, sir," he dared to say, indicating where Ollerus and Fiamma had relocated the poor boy. "And it is as Ben says...you are in grave danger by being here."

@Atomic Knight @Cromartous @York @Crow @Takumi @Lucky @Yun Lee @Gummi Bunnies @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Donder172 @Hahli Nuva @Ver @JirenFight

---

"OW!!" Severa finally snapped back to reality, the jolt of pain from the healing waking her up, in a sense. She craned her head as she noticed Macy healing her.

View attachment 3343

"...thanks." The fiery redhead was a bit more subdued than usual, primarily due to the pain. She had plans to downplay it, of course, but this was like nothing Severa had ever felt before. Sure, she'd suffered all sorts of injuries in her young life, but none of them compared to a bullet gling through her knee. Especially from someone who had been on their side up until now, and justified it by saying she was a "horrible human being," or whatever. Sure, she was snarky, and maybe she didn't ALWAYS do things right, but...was she really that bad? Enough to get shot like this? She had to wonder.

Phil Connors

Phil had already know what he was going to do before he even did it. While everybody had been busy monologuing, he had did a backwards flip into the water and started to swim towards the direction that Othinus had headed in. He hadn't even thought when he was swimming, acting on instinct he had learned from his college days.

He didn't care if they followed him. He didn't care if he died. It was funny, but death was welcome to him. In the loop, he couldn't die, no matter how he tried. In the Dark place, he couldn't die, but knowing that he had done something horrible and couldn't take it back was something he didn't care.

"If you want to accept your destiny as just another horrible human, Phil..."

Phil had excellent swimming skill, but the Magister-ranked Plumber had jetpacks! He soon appeared, hovering before to partially submerged Phil.

5qSnvhK.png

"... you're going to have to get through me first."

@Hood Rat @Kaykay @Jeremi @Yun Lee @Ver @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Alex Azure @Crow @Lucky @Gummi Bunnies @City

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back