Status
Not open for further replies.
"In the face of your own futility, the illusion of progress is what drives you, isn't it? What do you call that? Hope? Ego? Spite? Whatever it is, I will crush it all. In fact, it seems that I've already sunk some of you into despair, even if those in question don't already realize it. Someone who calls themselves a hero is far more interesting to break than the less moral of your group, to that end," Othinus said, easily dispelling Macy's barrier without missing a beat, before suddenly appearing before her and lifting her up by the neck, threatening to choke out Macy, staring her dead in the eye. "Even your dear brother has already abandoned you. Poor you..."

With a brutal display, the Magic God threw Macy into the ground, before walking past, toward Libra now, still brandishing Gungnir in one of her arms, looking directly at him before she stopped in front of him. "Even humans derive pleasure from squishing ants beneath their feet. To witness the ants trying to adapt to their impending doom... But if you are right, if the behavior of humans are based in their environment... Perhaps I should change it up. How about it? You are already living a life in which you failed to save anyone, but I was so adamant on thrusting you into a reality in which you didn't have to save anyone at all, to free yourself of that responsibility."

Suddenly, Othinus's hand shot forward, cupping Libra's face in her hand with enough raw strength to crush his jaw in her hand if she felt inclined to. "A good person's worst enemy is the guilt that they cannot become a better person. I wonder, hero, will you crumple under the weight of your failures before long?" She asked, before pushing him back, twirling Gungnir lightly, as though preparing to use it again.

"Will any of you?"

Meanwhile, as those who followed Ollerus through the Knowhere corridors kept moving in order to find the vaults, the blonde man kept a grim expression as he ran, looking back at those who accompanied him. "Let's hope Fiamma of the Right's gambit was right. That Fairy spell he and I concocted together was made specifically to counter Othinus, but who can tell how effective it really was?" He cursed lightly, "That said, I wonder how effective anything that Knowhere could have might be. Any clue? Some of you all did venture there when Jiren and Marian invaded, after all, didn't you?!"

@Jeremi @Takumi @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Alex Azure @Yun Lee @Crow @Hahli Nuva @York @Minerva @Lucky @Everybody

"Macy!!" Severa rushed to her friend, helping her up. "Jeez, what did I tell you?! You could have gotten yourself killed!!"

"Guh-!" Libra stumbled back as Othinus pushed him away. Rubbing his jaw, he observed the Magic God before him curiously. Maybe, just maybe... He began thinking to himself, wondering if that was the key to all this. But all he said in reply was:

"I suppose we will just have to see."

@Ver @Alex Azure @Lucky @Everyone​

"In the face of your own futility, the illusion of progress is what drives you, isn't it? What do you call that? Hope? Ego? Spite? Whatever it is, I will crush it all. In fact, it seems that I've already sunk some of you into despair, even if those in question don't already realize it. Someone who calls themselves a hero is far more interesting to break than the less moral of your group, to that end," Othinus said, easily dispelling Macy's barrier without missing a beat, before suddenly appearing before her and lifting her up by the neck, threatening to choke out Macy, staring her dead in the eye. "Even your dear brother has already abandoned you. Poor you..."

With a brutal display, the Magic God threw Macy into the ground, before walking past, toward Libra now, still brandishing Gungnir in one of her arms, looking directly at him before she stopped in front of him. "Even humans derive pleasure from squishing ants beneath their feet. To witness the ants trying to adapt to their impending doom... But if you are right, if the behavior of humans are based in their environment... Perhaps I should change it up. How about it? You are already living a life in which you failed to save anyone, but I was so adamant on thrusting you into a reality in which you didn't have to save anyone at all, to free yourself of that responsibility."

Suddenly, Othinus's hand shot forward, cupping Libra's face in her hand with enough raw strength to crush his jaw in her hand if she felt inclined to. "A good person's worst enemy is the guilt that they cannot become a better person. I wonder, hero, will you crumple under the weight of your failures before long?" She asked, before pushing him back, twirling Gungnir lightly, as though preparing to use it again.

"Will any of you?"

Meanwhile, as those who followed Ollerus through the Knowhere corridors kept moving in order to find the vaults, the blonde man kept a grim expression as he ran, looking back at those who accompanied him. "Let's hope Fiamma of the Right's gambit was right. That Fairy spell he and I concocted together was made specifically to counter Othinus, but who can tell how effective it really was?" He cursed lightly, "That said, I wonder how effective anything that Knowhere could have might be. Any clue? Some of you all did venture there when Jiren and Marian invaded, after all, didn't you?!"

@Jeremi @Takumi @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Alex Azure @Yun Lee @Crow @Hahli Nuva @York @Minerva @Lucky @Everybody

"Fiamma! No!"

Ultimate Big Chill continued to fly forward.

BeMcHMp.jpg

"Macy, you need repairs? Libra, you alright there?"

U. Big Chill knew exactly what was going on as his hand was near his Omnitrix emblem.

"If we're gonna use the thing on her, it's gonna need an upgrade, don't you all agree?"

The chilly alien face managed to form a grin.

@Ver @Jeremi @Takumi @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Alex Azure @Yun Lee @Crow @Hahli Nuva @York @Minerva @Everybody

"Will any of you?"

View attachment 3358
"I was at the vault. There was something there. I think it's called the Ultimate Nullifier or something? Point is that it was used to take down some big bad demon and might be able to take down Othinus. It's a laser device that basically evaporates what it fires at."

Mason dismissed the blades at his fingertips. In return, he summoned a minigun to his side.

"The front door to the vault is pretty thick, but that Ultimate Nullifier made easy work of it. If I can get past that front door, opening the smaller vaults inside is a piece of cake. Then we take the laser and blast down a Fairy-fied Othinus."

Probably should have left a portal there to get us back to the fight quicker,
Mason thought to himself. Hindsight is 20/20.
"Fiamma! No!"

BeMcHMp.jpg

U. Big Chill knew exactly what was going on as his hand was near his Omnitrix emblem.

"If we're gonna use the thing on her, it's gonna need an upgrade, don't you all agree?"

@Ver @Jeremi @Takumi @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Alex Azure @Yun Lee @Crow @Hahli Nuva @York @Minerva @Everybody

View attachment 3358
"I couldn't agree more. I guess we're jury rigging our way to victory, don't you think?"
"Macy!!" Severa rushed to her friend, helping her up. "Jeez, what did I tell you?! You could have gotten yourself killed!!"

"Guh-!" Libra stumbled back as Othinus pushed him away. Rubbing his jaw, he observed the Magic God before him curiously. Maybe, just maybe... He began thinking to himself, wondering if that was the key to all this. But all he said in reply was:

View attachment 3359
"Thanks, Severa," Macy said, back on her feet, "I'm glad you're worried about me. I guess just because I dodged death once doesn't mean I should try it again. It looks like barriers are useless, though. I didn't want to have to fight, but it looks like we're out of options."

She turned to glare at Othinus and removed the mace from her purse. "My brother hasn't abandoned me. I trust him to do what's right. Even if he has left, I still have a friend beside me to help! Let's go, Severa!"

Macy charged towards Othinus and swung with her mace!

In the end the only response Othinus would of gotten from Ruth was a scoff as he regarded her with narrowed eyes.

Libra would feel someone grip onto his sleeve. Chise looked at him worriedly, brows knit together as she finally came out of her sort of slump seeing the Priest threatened by Othinus.

He was a friend of Lindel's, which made him a friend of her's. "Are you alright?" She asked, other hand gripping her wand tight enough that her knuckles had turned white.

In a way, Libra was the last connection to someone from her world other than Ruth. Everyone here was all she had left, and after seeing Fiamma of the Right's sudden death it was almost like a wake up call that she could still try to protect what's left somehow.

In the end, there was a spark of hope, like a candles flame.

@Ver @Yun Lee @Everyone

"ARE YOU CRAZY?!?!"

Looks like Severa may not actually be that much help, Macy.

@Alex Azure @Ver

---

Noting Ben and Chise's concern (Chise's demeanor was very concerning, itself), Libra smiled at them. "Yes, I am all right...considering all that's happened. Though...I don't look forward to what Othinus has planned. But whatever it is, we must stay strong. There is a way to stop this. I know there is..." He sounded as if he was still trying to convince himself of that.

@Takumi @Crow

Will jumped through the portal first chance she got, feeling a bolt of nostalgia rush through her at a portal being opened. She rmembered when she first started her training, and how just opening a simple portal was awe inspiriing.

Ollerus had asked the group a question, and at this point Will felt the best option was to be completely honest.

She had only been a member of The Coalition for a few months at most. She didn't know who this Makoto was, or why Libra, Mason, and Schala were being targeted.

"I don't mean to sound callous, but I don't have a problem disposing of The Coalition if it means we survive. This clearly isn't our universe anymore. Othinus is trying to turn the tables on us and I am not going to be so blind as to believe that simply talking to them will change their minds."

As everyone managed to use Fiamma's portal to escape the cell and show up again on the other side, the struggle raced on.

tumblr_ovmk9av_Qv01ws4tyeo5_400.gif

BANG!

Doppo attempted to fire upon everyone, managing to even graze Ollerus slightly, but the short-haired man did not react notably, providing cover for everyone as they attempted their escape, snapping his fingers and creating small explosions in the air, mostly for the sake of creating a smokescreen to obscure everyone's sights.

Kyoko held the gun toward Jolyne, her arms visibly shaking. Whether for her inexperience with the prospect of even shooting anyone or the seeds planted in her mind by Schala's earnest words, it was difficult to tell. Before Jolyne could get her answer of if the leader of the Coalition was about to shoot her in cold blood, Ben seemed to put a stop to her and Doppo quickly with his power to freeze them in place. Of course, it had little effect on Othinus, who recovered just enough from Fiamma's strange attack to burst from the ice with ease, waving her arm horizontally and dispelling Ollerus's smokescreen, just in time for Leivinia's explosions to shatter Kyoko's and Doppo's frozen forms, not that it might have mattered either way with the Magic God.

"Truly, I'm getting mixed messages here," Othinus casually said through the chaos, walking toward the group like the slow-moving killer in a horror film, brandishing Gungnir intently, "Some of you want to preserve those ideals that you perceive as your own, righteous morals. Some of you have already managed to discard such ideals to adapt. And others... seem to have never had any to begin with. What corrupt, immoral creatures! Imagine that. Fancying yourself some sort of hero of justice, but having no hesitation to even kill anyone who opposes you."

"Leivinia and Jolyne are not heroes of justice!" Touma exclaimed under his breath as he backed away. They weren't quite who Othinus was talking about either way though.

Turning his back on Othinus to face the group, Fiamma of the Right continued speaking in a hurried tone. "That spell I made won't keep her back for very long! This base has some sort of vault, doesn't it?! Something where it keeps its most powerful weapons?! Surely, perhaps you can find--!"

BOOM!

Suddenly, Fiamma of the Right exploded, his entire body disappearing violently, by the will of Othinus, instantly killing him. Continuing to walk toward the group, she kept speaking. "How annoying. Perhaps if it meant so little to you anyway, I should go on with another little game, don't you think?"

"Ugh, do whatever you want," Severa snapped. "It's not like we can stop you."

"You may see us as immoral, but really, it is more complex," Libra responded. "People respond differently to the same situation, depending on what they've experienced, who they are close to, and even traits they were born with. You cannot define everyone merely by what you observe."

View attachment 3357

"But really, does it matter? We are all insects in your eyes, after all."

@Ver @Everyone​

Mason dashed through the portal, and Macy shortly thereafter. At his fingertips appeared the mimicry Arc Fusion Blades once more. Mason pointed one at Kyoko's neck, taking advantage of Jolyne drawing her attention. However, the blade did not cut her, held back by hesitation. He drew his hand back and attempted to slice with a handful of blades, but again his arm stopped before he could harm his former superior.

"Othinus, why don't you just shut the hell up already?! We have enough chatterboxes as it is!"

Mason slashed at Othinus, but his blades harmlessly bounced off of a barrier made by Macy. Although it might protect her from outside threats, she attempted to trap Othinus inside, just as Scarlet Witch had done with the group earlier.

"Don't try to fight her here! Get something from the vault! I'll try to hold her off!"

In response, Mason turned tail and ran sprinting towards the vault.

@Ver @Jeremi @Takumi @CrunchyCHEEZIT@Alex Azure @Yun Lee @Crow @Hahli Nuva @York @Minerva @Lucky@Everybody
"Do you guys have a death wish?! She literally just BLEW UP Fiamma for fighting her!!" Severa called out to the three resisting Othinus, but she was primarily talking to Macy. Why? Her brother already died, was Macy going to die, too?!

@Ver @Alex Azure @Lucky

"Will any of you?"

Rita Hanson

" I wasn't here during the first fight, so your guess is as good as mine. I'm sure we are bound to find something and maybe not. I don't know anymore in all honesty."

@Jeremi @Takumi @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Alex Azure @Yun Lee @Crow @Hahli Nuva @York @Minerva @Everybody

"Fiamma! No!"

BeMcHMp.jpg

View attachment 3358
"I was at the vault. There was something there. I think it's called the Ultimate Nullifier or something? Point is that it was used to take down some big bad demon and might be able to take down Othinus. It's a laser device that basically evaporates what it fires at."

Mason dismissed the blades at his fingertips. In return, he summoned a minigun to his side.

"The front door to the vault is pretty thick, but that Ultimate Nullifier made easy work of it. If I can get past that front door, opening the smaller vaults inside is a piece of cake. Then we take the laser and blast down a Fairy-fied Othinus."

View attachment 3358
"I couldn't agree more. I guess we're jury rigging our way to victory, don't you think?"

View attachment 3359
"Thanks, Severa," Macy said, back on her feet, "I'm glad you're worried about me. I guess just because I dodged death once doesn't mean I should try it again. It looks like barriers are useless, though. I didn't want to have to fight, but it looks like we're out of options."

She turned to glare at Othinus and removed the mace from her purse. "My brother hasn't abandoned me. I trust him to do what's right. Even if he has left, I still have a friend beside me to help! Let's go, Severa!"

In the end the only response Othinus would of gotten from Ruth was a scoff as he regarded her with narrowed eyes.

Libra would feel someone grip onto his sleeve. Chise looked at him worriedly, brows knit together as she finally came out of her sort of slump seeing the Priest threatened by Othinus.

He was a friend of Lindel's, which made him a friend of her's. "Are you alright?" She asked, other hand gripping her wand tight enough that her knuckles had turned white.

In a way, Libra was the last connection to someone from her world other than Ruth. Everyone here was all she had left, and after seeing Fiamma of the Right's sudden death it was almost like a wake up call that she could still try to protect what's left somehow.

In the end, there was a spark of hope, like a candles flame.

@Ver @Yun Lee @Everyone

"ARE YOU CRAZY?!?!"

Looks like Severa may not actually be that much help, Macy.

@Alex Azure @Ver

---

Noting Ben and Chise's concern (Chise's demeanor was very concerning, itself), Libra smiled at them. "Yes, I am all right...considering all that's happened. Though...I don't look forward to what Othinus has planned. But whatever it is, we must stay strong. There is a way to stop this. I know there is..." He sounded as if he was still trying to convince himself of that.

@Takumi @Crow
Schala Zeal
@Jeremi @Takumi @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Alex Azure @Yun Lee @Crow @Hahli Nuva @Ver @Minerva @Lucky
@Everybody

As Doppo and Kyoko were shattered, a pained look sprung across Schala's face... But... Remembering the promise she had made to Kyoko and Doppo before Othinus put an end to them... That expression turned into a more determined one. Though Fiamma was destroyed, ending the effects of his 'fairy' spell, Schala refused to back away, catching Ollerus and some others rushing towards the Vaults on Fiamma's suggestion.

The weapons in there... The ultimate nullifier, amongst other artifacts... Perhaps they held the key to their salvation, but in order for anything to be done, she had to buy them precious time.

As Othinus effortlesssly tore through the attacks the few that remained tried to hold her off with, hinting at a new 'game'... A reality where they failed everything they ever strived for.

Even as the magic god spoke, Schala had begun building up magical energy... Intent on buying the group in the vaults as much time as she possibly could.

It was then that she unleashed a field of dark magic... Hoping to temporarily restrain Othinus as she blasted her with a wave of ice... Followed by fire... Causing a detonation. Perhaps not as strong as the one daybreak produced, but one that was a little less taxing on her body.

"I bore the weight of my failures on my shoulders my whole life... My failure to stop my mother... My failure to protect my multiverse... Or even this one... ... There are countless... But... Yet... I fight on... In hopes of one day making them right..." She said, gritting her teeth under the strain of her casting.

It was likely Othinus would just break through whatever she was throwing at her... But... It didn't matter. As long as she bought those at the vaults enough time to do what they needed to... She was content with her life ending, right here... Right now...

It was the most she could do, to attone for her failures...​

View attachment 3358

View attachment 3358

View attachment 3359

Schala Zeal
@Jeremi @Takumi @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Alex Azure @Yun Lee @Crow @Hahli Nuva @Ver @Minerva @Lucky
@Everybody

As Doppo and Kyoko were shattered, a pained look sprung across Schala's face... But... Remembering the promise she had made to Kyoko and Doppo before Othinus put an end to them... That expression turned into a more determined one. Though Fiamma was destroyed, ending the effects of his 'fairy' spell, Schala refused to back away, catching Ollerus and some others rushing towards the Vaults on Fiamma's suggestion.

The weapons in there... The ultimate nullifier, amongst other artifacts... Perhaps they held the key to their salvation, but in order for anything to be done, she had to buy them precious time.

As Othinus effortlesssly tore through the attacks the few that remained tried to hold her off with, hinting at a new 'game'... A reality where they failed everything they ever strived for.

Even as the magic god spoke, Schala had begun building up magical energy... Intent on buying the group in the vaults as much time as she possibly could.

It was then that she unleashed a field of dark magic... Hoping to temporarily restrain Othinus as she blasted her with a wave of ice... Followed by fire... Causing a detonation. Perhaps not as strong as the one daybreak produced, but one that was a little less taxing on her body.

"I bore the weight of my failures on my shoulders my whole life... My failure to stop my mother... My failure to protect my multiverse... Or even this one... ... There are countless... But... Yet... I fight on... In hopes of one day making them right..." She said, gritting her teeth under the strain of her casting.

It was likely Othinus would just break through whatever she was throwing at her... But... It didn't matter. As long as she bought those at the vaults enough time to do what they needed to... She was content with her life ending, right here... Right now...

It was the most she could do, to attone for her failures...​

"More of XLR8'ing our way to- wait, why are we doing this?"

U. Big Chill shrugs, before turning around and seeing Schala perform her move. He could see her feelings, and he figured that...

IquD7zX.jpg

"Schala! Don't die for the friends and allies that still stand, live for them! Now come with us! I don't intend to leave anyone behind!"

He fires his cold flames to merge with the latter two attacks Schala had aimed at Othinus, The created cold flames absorbed the heat from the frosty blast, causing it to go below Absolute Zero - the supposed limit of cold - before merging with the flames that followed, turning those blue, edging on white.

He then creates a wall of ice to block Othinus from Schala, buying her, and everyone else in general, the slightest seconds of time.

"Now I'm ready to roll!"

He then further proceeds deeper towards the vaults, phasing into the ground and following the group...

@Ver @York @Alex Azure @Yun Lee @Everybody

Last edited:
"I don't really like hearing that from you for some reason," Leivinia muttered as Touma basically just said exactly what she'd intended to say about herself. The fact being a hero of justice was never her mindset to begin with aside, Othinus didn't really seem any weaker. Their own abilities were effortlessly blown aside, and even someone as powerful as Fiamma was crushed in an instant. Fairy spell or not, their opponent truly was a Magic God.

So she decided to move. Joining Ollerus and the others as they ran for the vault, she planned to help find this "Ultimate Nullifier" which would hopefully put Othinus down.

@Ver @Jeremi @Takumi @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Alex Azure @Yun Lee @Crow @Hahli Nuva @York @Minerva @Lucky @Everybody

"A railgun? Don't be so crude," Ollerus commented as Mason conjured his mini-gun. As they eventually reached the vaults, unguarded and desolate, he stared down at the imposing vault door, narrowing his eyes.

"Hliðskjálf."

Suddenly, the vault doors easily shot open, as though it were no significant struggle for him to break through. Without missing a beat, he ran in and began looking around for the Ultimate Nullifier, scanning through each exhibit. "I can't say if Fiamma of the Right's Fairy spell was quite effective. At best, it would have destroyed her internal organs instantly, with her forcefully transforming into a fairy being the second best case scenario, but right now, it doesn't seem like any scenario is in our favor at the moment," he continued speaking to Mason as he searched through the vaults hurriedly, as he was sure he alerted the rest of the Coalition to their activities.

"At this point, all things considered, I'm not sure whether the immorality of this party -- the supposed best of the best for the multiverse -- is a gift or a curse right now. You people are quite unruly, but I guess that's why we had two betrayals, but to put down the Coalition leaders at the drop of a hat... Even if the circumstances are tilted now, I've got a bad taste in my mouth now, I really must say" he said through his irritation, not that one could blame him in their predicament.

Meanwhile, as those who stayed back to slow down the advancing Magic God, biding her time on purpose on a whim, she only reacted in a lackadaisical manner, echoing her previous sentiment that she'd said before. "These fights are such a pain. But I suppose at least now, I can see some appeal in it."

KRASH!

As Macy's weapon hit Othinus in the face, the weapon easily shattered like it had been hit against the hardest material possible, with no negative consequence to the Magic God herself, who only scoffed lightly. "A mace. How cute."

Despite Schala's and Ben's efforts, Othinus was indeed hardly perturbed by the attacks, unaffected by the dark magic or the cold flames. Whatever the intended effects of Fiamma's spell was, it seemed that they weren't presently slowing her down at all. At least, at this moment. She only kept going, the tip of Gungnir beginning to glow as though charging up.

"Tell me, what would you find more painful? The thought of everyone you've ever cared for hating you, cursing you for everything you've done to them? Or the thought that you couldn't save any of them, unable to protect them from their untimely fates that await them?" She asked, as though making a threat. Or rather, a promise.

@Kaykay @Jeremi @Takumi @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Alex Azure @Yun Lee @Crow @Hahli Nuva @York @Minerva @Lucky @Everybody

"Both of them are pretty great if they mean I never have to deal with YOU again." Despite her quip, though, the question did give Severa pause. Mother, Macy, Touma...those were probably the three people who she was closest to here. What would be worse? Both options were...actually really terrifying, when she thought about it.

Libra, meanwhile, refused to answer her. If they had already been turned on by those they cared about, then...he knew what was coming next. What Othinus' next game was going to be. And as hard as the first was...this was going to be infinately worse. All he could really do at this point was wait and see how worse.

@Ver @Lucky @Takumi @Alex Azure @Crow @York

"A railgun? Don't be so crude," Ollerus commented as Mason conjured his mini-gun. As they eventually reached the vaults, unguarded and desolate, he stared down at the imposing vault door, narrowing his eyes.

"Hliðskjálf."

Suddenly, the vault doors easily shot open, as though it were no significant struggle for him to break through. Without missing a beat, he ran in and began looking around for the Ultimate Nullifier, scanning through each exhibit. "I can't say if Fiamma of the Right's Fairy spell was quite effective. At best, it would have destroyed her internal organs instantly, with her forcefully transforming into a fairy being the second best case scenario, but right now, it doesn't seem like any scenario is in our favor at the moment," he continued speaking to Mason as he searched through the vaults hurriedly, as he was sure he alerted the rest of the Coalition to their activities.

"At this point, all things considered, I'm not sure whether the immorality of this party -- the supposed best of the best for the multiverse -- is a gift or a curse right now. You people are quite unruly, but I guess that's why we had two betrayals, but to put down the Coalition leaders at the drop of a hat... Even if the circumstances are tilted now, I've got a bad taste in my mouth now, I really must say" he said through his irritation, not that one could blame him in their predicament.

Meanwhile, as those who stayed back to slow down the advancing Magic God, biding her time on purpose on a whim, she only reacted in a lackadaisical manner, echoing her previous sentiment that she'd said before. "These fights are such a pain. But I suppose at least now, I can see some appeal in it."

KRASH!

As Macy's weapon hit Othinus in the face, the weapon easily shattered like it had been hit against the hardest material possible, with no negative consequence to the Magic God herself, who only scoffed lightly. "A mace. How cute."

Despite Schala's and Ben's efforts, Othinus was indeed hardly perturbed by the attacks, unaffected by the dark magic or the cold flames. Whatever the intended effects of Fiamma's spell was, it seemed that they weren't presently slowing her down at all. At least, at this moment. She only kept going, the tip of Gungnir beginning to glow as though charging up.

"Tell me, what would you find more painful? The thought of everyone you've ever cared for hating you, cursing you for everything you've done to them? Or the thought that you couldn't save any of them, unable to protect them from their untimely fates that await them?" She asked, as though making a threat. Or rather, a promise.

@Kaykay @Jeremi @Takumi @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Alex Azure @Yun Lee @Crow @Hahli Nuva @York @Minerva @Lucky @Everybody

Ultimate Big Chill phased back onto ground level, in the vault.

"Please don't tell me they're still with with- no, I have to focus, I have to hurry back to them, too. I'm worried, but this is a team effort..."

He had great worries, but he knew it was neccessary now - neccessary to buy some time, but time was limited.

If Ultimate Big Chill, after a quick sweep and flying around, found the Ultimate Nullifier, he would use his intangibility to phase it out of its enclosure. He knew where its prior enclosure in the original universe was, so he would look there first.

"Hmmm... there seems to be all kinds of other tech here. Maybe they'll do a good part after Othinus gets hit by this Nullifier you speak of," Grandpa Max suggests.

@Ver @Kaykay @Jeremi @Takumi @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Alex Azure @Yun Lee @Crow @Hahli Nuva @York @Minerva @Lucky@Everybody

Rita Hanson

" And the fact that of those two betrayals, one of them is still out there and that's been bothering me. Phil hasn't appeared, even after Max came back. I don't know- I feel like we are being played in some way and I don't know why. Why is she letting us get this dangerous weapon? Something isn't adding up.. and I'm not sure it's going to be good."

@Ver @Kaykay @Jeremi @Takumi @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Alex Azure @Yun Lee @Crow @Hahli Nuva @York @Minerva @Everybody

Rita Hanson

" And the fact that of those two betrayals, one of them is still out there and that's been bothering me. Phil hasn't appeared, even after Max came back. I don't know- I feel like we are being played in some way and I don't know why. Why is she letting us get this dangerous weapon? Something isn't adding up.. and I'm not sure it's going to be good."

@Ver @Kaykay @Jeremi @Takumi @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Alex Azure @Yun Lee @Crow @Hahli Nuva @York @Minerva @Everybody

Grandpa Max ponders as he speaks to Rita.

"If what you're saying is correct, do you think he has it, and that this search is futile?"

Max decides to raid the vaults of its other technologies that weren't the Nullifier.

"These are pretty dangerous items, but so is the Nullifier. We're gonna need these to par with it. Let's see what poisons there are to pick..."

@Ver @Kaykay @Jeremi @Takumi @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Alex Azure @Yun Lee @Crow @Hahli Nuva @York @Minerva @Lucky @Everybody

Rita Hanson

Rita tapped her chin and thought about it for a moment.

" I don't know if she would trust him with it, but more importantly, even if we find it, how do we know she can't just snap her fingers and then it's gone? It just seems like she want- you know, we have been on what she has been telling us and what we have been told, that I didn't consider something. What is the Magic God real reason for destroying the multiverse? If she wanted peace, she would have just made everything how she wanted it. Why try to break us if she can simply wipe us from existance? Maybe I'm just overthinking this too much."

Rita Hanson

Rita tapped her chin and thought about it for a moment.

" I don't know if she would trust him with it, but more importantly, even if we find it, how do we know she can't just snap her fingers and then it's gone? It just seems like she want- you know, we have been on what she has been telling us and what we have been told, that I didn't consider something. What is the Magic God real reason for destroying the multiverse? If she wanted peace, she would have just made everything how she wanted it. Why try to break us if she can simply wipe us from existance? Maybe I'm just overthinking this too much."

"I have doubts that she would destroy the weapon on whim. When she took the bird and replaced him, she acquired his weaknesses too - specifically, his hubris," Grandpa Max suggests, "we could all use that to our advantage."

@Ver @Kaykay @Jeremi @Takumi @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Alex Azure @Yun Lee @Crow @Hahli Nuva @York @Minerva @Lucky @Everybody

"Hliðskjálf."

KRASH!

"Don't go putting labels on someone you don't know. Nobody here knows me. I'd kill the entire Multiverse, because I know this is the hell Othinus created for us. So for now, as far as mercy and 'heroisim' are concerned, I don't have time for any of that."

Will tried to find items or weapons that could assist them in fighitng Othinus, but so far she found nothing. She didn't know what they were looking for, or if any of this crap would work against a Goddess that recreated the multiverse in her own image.

"Whatever it is, we need to find SOMETHING. Ben and the others could be in danger..."

@Kaykay @Jeremi @Takumi @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Alex Azure @Yun Lee @Crow @Ver @York @Minerva @Lucky

Ben would be able to successfully find the Ultimate Nullifier, locked in a glass case, until he'd taken it out without a hitch. As he did so, Ollerus went ahead and took it for himself, looking over it as though he intended to use it himself. After all, after his small monologue, it didn't seem like he particularly trusted anyone else with it.

"I guess Othinus was right after all. In a world gone crazy, those dragged into it are bound to fall into the same madness as well," Ollerus only grunted in response to Will, not even looking at her as he continued examining the device. "If this was supposed to be the Coalition's greatest weapon in case of emergency, let's just hope that--" He began, before it happened again, his sentence -- as well as Max's search for other items of interest within the vault -- was abruptly cut short.

The end of everything.

"Take care of what you say, child. Take heed of your friend here, how his silence speaks volumes," Othinus said to Severa, and with that, finally stabbed Gungnir into the ground, its tip glowing brightly before the air as far as everyone could see shattered.

Once again, everything went white. And then everything went black.

When everyone came to, the world as they knew it had shifted once again.

It was still Knowhere, but like before, it was different. Battered and torn, destroyed utterly, as though a catastrophe had happened here. Broken machinery, debris littered all over the corridors, and open for everyone to see as they were once again forced together into the same space, though among the group, Ollerus was missing, and with him, so was the Ultimate Nullifier. Where he was, no one could say.

To the side, anyone could see that the place was littered with corpses. Some were buried under debris, others were impaled into the wall, and others were simply sprawled across the ground, their faces permanently contorted into that of anguish.

Within the destroyed Knowhere, Othinus continued to gloat, leaning against Gungnir, still planted in the ground.

"This is the reality that you might associate most with the end of the multiverse. Catastrophe. Disaster. Devastation. All brought on because you failed," she said, beginning to walk around the entire group in a circle as she pulled the spear out.

"Can you hear it? The cries of those you've forsaken? These are the fruits of your labors as you can perceive them. The inevitable end for those who would walk against fate. This is the natural price to pay to stand against a god."

to-aru-majutsu-no-index-964711.jpg

"What...? E-Everyone's...?"

"Everyone. Think of your loved ones, and know that this is the fate I gave them."

Ben would be able to successfully find the Ultimate Nullifier, locked in a glass case, until he'd taken it out without a hitch. As he did so, Ollerus went ahead and took it for himself, looking over it as though he intended to use it himself. After all, after his small monologue, it didn't seem like he particularly trusted anyone else with it.

"I guess Othinus was right after all. In a world gone crazy, those dragged into it are bound to fall into the same madness as well," Ollerus only grunted in response to Will, not even looking at her as he continued examining the device. "If this was supposed to be the Coalition's greatest weapon in case of emergency, let's just hope that--" He began, before it happened again, his sentence -- as well as Max's search for other items of interest within the vault -- was abruptly cut short.

The end of everything.

"Take care of what you say, child. Take heed of your friend here, how his silence speaks volumes," Othinus said to Severa, and with that, finally stabbed Gungnir into the ground, its tip glowing brightly before the air as far as everyone could see shattered.

Once again, everything went white. And then everything went black.

When everyone came to, the world as they knew it had shifted once again.

It was still Knowhere, but like before, it was different. Battered and torn, destroyed utterly, as though a catastrophe had happened here. Broken machinery, debris littered all over the corridors, and open for everyone to see as they were once again forced together into the same space, though among the group, Ollerus was missing, and with him, so was the Ultimate Nullifier. Where he was, no one could say.

To the side, anyone could see that the place was littered with corpses. Some were buried under debris, others were impaled into the wall, and others were simply sprawled across the ground, their faces permanently contorted into that of anguish.

Within the destroyed Knowhere, Othinus continued to gloat, leaning against Gungnir, still planted in the ground.

"This is the reality that you might associate most with the end of the multiverse. Catastrophe. Disaster. Devastation. All brought on because you failed," she said, beginning to walk around the entire group in a circle as she pulled the spear out.

"Can you hear it? The cries of those you've forsaken? These are the fruits of your labors as you can perceive them. The inevitable end for those who would walk against fate. This is the natural price to pay to stand against a god."

to-aru-majutsu-no-index-964711.jpg

"What...? E-Everyone's...?"

"Everyone. Think of your loved ones, and know that this is the fate I gave them."

"Tch...that's pretty sad,"
Jolyne said in a matter of fact tone as she looked around at the destruction. "So what did we do? Turn left when we should've turned right? Left the oven on? You can't leave a girl in suspense like this."

"You really need someone that you can confide in you know?" Ermes replied not mad or anything at Othinus, but the sadness in her voice was evident. "You got all this power and every time you just do it alone."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back