Status
Not open for further replies.
"Because then they would help us instead," Leivinia spoke her thoughts on the matter. "If they had their memories, it's obvious they'd side with us instead of Othinus. At least some of them. Even if Othinus promised this kind of happiness and showed it to them, they'd be too skeptical to just go with it. Most of us already proved that when we got here with our own reactions. This time, it's not like that first world where everyone was against us. It's no 'paradise' if they have to fight with us for some reason. Within this world, even Othinus can't just make them all turn against us. It would change the nature of this world into just something like the first world. 'This paradise' and 'everyone being against us' can't coexist. She'd just be changing the world again. In a way, she's afraid of our numbers."

She shifted her gaze directly at The Will, crossing her arms with a frown on her face.

"But you just rejected that answer, so that's not it. And I already understand we wouldn't beat her in a fight through sheer numbers to begin with. I doubt changing us is outside her capability either, so she couldn't be scared of that. I don't get it."

With a defeated sounding answer, a tired expression overtook the girl, though the look was probably more appropriate for a twelve year old girl than her usual haughtiness.

@Ver @Lucky @Yun Lee @Kaykay @Hahli Nuva @Jeremi @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Gummi Bunnies @York @Alex Azure @Crow @Takumi @Alex Azure @Sark @Everybody

"... No, I meant heading inside the hotel /return. After all /backspace, you'd all appreciate some privacy after however long you had to endure talking to those other people, right /escape?" The Will of the Whole Misaka Network said to Ben with a flat face, crossing her arms into an X to verbally indicate how off the mark the hero was, briefly gesturing toward Severa with a nod of confirmation as she walked backward and began leading everyone inside the hotel through the front.

The Will chuckled lightly at Chise's question as though it were a simple matter. "Let's look at it one way /return. That Othinus goddess has free dominion over life and death for humans /return. Like a heavenly world and a human world /escape? Like heaven and hell /escape? It might be based in a religious concept I don’t really understand /return. But I’m a single organic system created from 20,000 units, y’know /escape? This network contains information from Misaka Units who are dead and those who are still alive /return."

"To that end, as a unit who is neither necessarily alive or dead, perhaps this existence managed to slip in between the cracks of her thoughts; am I resurrected or preserved /escape? Of course, it isn't to last if she were to realize her error /return. After all, perhaps the same could be said about robots or androids, who can't be necessarily said to be alive or dead in the conventional sense, but /backspace surely a god has the power to rectify that /return. It's only a matter of time /return."

"Oops, I let myself wander on like that /return. Sorry /return!" The Will playfully said, clapping her hands together like an exaggerated apology and a wink, before going on anyway, leading the group down an open hall inside the hotel, which in of itself seemed mostly empty at this moment, "So I suppose before you can find your answer, the question needs to be reiterated /return. Do you all know what you want to do here /escape?"

"... What?"

Now that you know this is a perfect world of nothing but happiness, what will you do /escape?

"It seems some of you are still conflicted /return. It's good to have resolve in your intentions, but /backspace that resolve shouldn't come so carelessly. Whether you like it or not, no matter what decision you make, you have to accept that it is a massive responsibility, and you are the only ones in the entire multiverse who can make it. No one will ever know either way what you did for them, except me, and even then, I don't believe we'll meet again /return. Can you accept that /escape?"

The Will waved toward Toppo and Ben. "That won't work, I think, if Othinus really has the rest of the multiverse under her thumb /return. Sorry /return."

@Lucky @Yun Lee @Kaykay @Hahli Nuva @Jeremi @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Gummi Bunnies @York @Alex Azure @Crow @Takumi @Alex Azure @Sark @Everybody
"Because then they would help us instead," Leivinia spoke her thoughts on the matter. "If they had their memories, it's obvious they'd side with us instead of Othinus. At least some of them. Even if Othinus promised this kind of happiness and showed it to them, they'd be too skeptical to just go with it. Most of us already proved that when we got here with our own reactions. This time, it's not like that first world where everyone was against us. It's no 'paradise' if they have to fight with us for some reason. Within this world, even Othinus can't just make them all turn against us. It would change the nature of this world into just something like the first world. 'This paradise' and 'everyone being against us' can't coexist. She'd just be changing the world again. In a way, she's afraid of our numbers."

She shifted her gaze directly at The Will, crossing her arms with a frown on her face.

"But you just rejected that answer, so that's not it. And I already understand we wouldn't beat her in a fight through sheer numbers to begin with. I doubt changing us is outside her capability either, so she couldn't be scared of that. I don't get it."

With a defeated sounding answer, a tired expression overtook the girl, though the look was probably more appropriate for a twelve year old girl than her usual haughtiness.

@Ver @Lucky @Yun Lee @Kaykay @Hahli Nuva @Jeremi @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Gummi Bunnies @York @Alex Azure @Crow @Takumi @Alex Azure @Sark @Everybody

"Awww man... and here I thought we were going to have an Allstar rebellion...

... and for Jiren and the others to fight alongside us again, more importantly."

Ben crosses his arms in response.

"Is she afraid... of being forgotten? Afraid of someone not remembering her? Maybe that's the reason for the loop. We're people with a finite lifespan. Eventually, her tale will be completely off the face of Avalon and she'll be back to being forgotten like Ancient Egyptian."

He then hears Leivinia's addition to the discussion.

"Leivinia's got a point. Unlike the phases where we were written as villains - these guys, they're our full-fledged friends. That's a core difference! They trust us!

But yeah, if we have no intention of kicking her butt with our friends, old and new, what is the course of action to take, MISAKA number prettymucheveryone?"

@Ver @Lucky @Yun Lee @Kaykay @Hahli Nuva @Jeremi @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Gummi Bunnies @York @Alex Azure @Crow @Takumi @Sark @Everybody

"..."

"Hoo... I'm honestly quite tired of these long discussions. Is this really what I sound like?"

A duo of footsteps, one heavy-footed and the other soft, cut a clear divide in the discussion. A tall, confident blonde teenager stood by the entrance, his hands stuck to his hips and his wide gaze sweeping across the room's individuals like a machine. He sighed, slowly walking forward and cutting a path through the center of the horde.

latest

"I apologize for being late... I had to indulge myself in Othinus' games a bit more before I could come to a decision. It seems like we're all at an impasse," Giorno spoke loudly and clearly, stopping in front of the Will and next to Touma, turning around to look upon the rest of the party. "Othinus, being a goddess, has created something fitting to her design; a reality in which all of its inhabitants are happy and free. The very existence of concepts like resolve, dreams, and struggle have been wiped out in favor of a universal euphoria that may as well be the law in this place."

"It's beautiful, yet completely disgusting. I love it, yet I hate it."

"It's bullshit, really, but I believe it."

"Somehow, despite all of that, the decision to wipe out this perfect, imperfect reality has become another test of our own resolve. "

Do we have the will to overthrow the designs of a god?"

"Well, I already know all of you have been discussing how Othinus is impossible to destroy. She can erase everything with a single snap, and start it all from scratch sending us into an infinite loop of these custom-tooled realities. Facing another grotesque example of her delusions, sitting here and talking about how indestructible she is, going after her regardless like a pack of lemmings, and then snap -- back to normal."

Giorno... snickered? A quite laugh escaped the young don's lips. "I'm sorry, but I can't help but laugh. It's ironic. I guess this is my punishment for what I did to the boss several years ago."

Giorno's smile instantly shifted into a determined glowing.

"But I, Giorno Giovanna, refuse to accept this!"

Giorno rose a hand from his hip, looking back to Touma with an open palm, gesturing for his Arrow. "Whether or not we should use this Arrow... comes down to whether or not we can decide on the one thing that Othinus is not immune to. What is one thing she cannot - or rather, will not - change? The one thing that has remained consistent across her many games..."

"That is the key to kicking off the final round."

@Ver @Lucky @Yun Lee @Kaykay @Hahli Nuva @Jeremi @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Gummi Bunnies @York @Alex Azure @Crow @Takumi @Sark @Everybody

To Severa, Touma only gave a noncommital shrug, idly returning the Arrow to Giorno as he began to speak again with a shaky voice. "N-No... I don't think Wanda did. The only reason I could imagine Othinus willfully keeping me here is my Imagine Breaker power being the reference point of the original world, like Leivinia said, but who knows if that still even applies when it's on such a grand scale like the multiverse? Or maybe it's precisely because of that that she kept the rest of everyone as well; reference points from across the multiverse, just in case..."

"Ding dong /return! Little girl-chan got it /return!"
The Will exclaimed, gesturing toward Leivinia positively, giving a thumbs up enthusiastically, "If everyone remembered the original multiverse, everyone who was saved here would be unable to accept losing the rest of you in exchange /return. That is what Othinus feared /return. It isn’t just a positive /return. Once they knew about this obvious negative side, some of them might reject this perfect world /return. It was that thought that led Othinus to cheat in such a boring way /return. I’m pretty confident that’s what happened... with a margin of error /return."

"... And to that end, Othinus wasn't sure if that was a gambit she was willing to let play out without interfering /return. If the multiverse was willing to be saved without its consent, and without select people that was special to some of them as well /return. If people like that would have been willing to save you, even if it meant sacrificing their own happiness, so she put you in that position instead /return. Who can say in the end, after all /escape? Have you tried to understand her, to reach out /escape? If so, and you still don't get it, then isn't that a peculiarly human fault of her to reject the understanding you offer /escape? Even if you die a hundred deaths over and over again, you have to reach for her /return."

Regardless of the response her questions would get, the Will couldn't help but smile at Giorno's resolve. But almost like a pitying smile, in a way. "But /backspace even so, this path won't be so easy to cross /return. Before you go on, you have to accept what it is that you want to do, and what will happen should you achieve it /return. Or does it really not bother you that Othinus just appeared out of nowhere and stole everything you had built up over your entire lives /escape? Your relationships, your efforts /escape?"

"Doesn't it bother you that she put you in this position where you have to accept the weight that comes with the decision of rejecting the multiverse's happiness to save it /escape?"

It was simple.

A request to accept what you had to do -- what to sacrifice and leave behind -- as you moved forward, and to let her hear it from you.

And yet, that kind of question was something Touma couldn't give a response to. He remained silent for a while, having froze up. The sun had completely set and stars twinkled in the sky.

And then Touma Kamijou cried, leaning to the wall for support as he gritted his teeth and shut his eyes closed, gripping the front of his hair tightly as tears flowed from his eyes, unable to accept the answers deep within to the Will's questions.

@Lucky @Yun Lee @Kaykay @Hahli Nuva @Jeremi @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Gummi Bunnies @York @Alex Azure @Crow @Takumi @Alex Azure @Sark @Everybody

To Severa, Touma only gave a noncommital shrug, idly returning the Arrow to Giorno as he began to speak again with a shaky voice. "N-No... I don't think Wanda did. The only reason I could imagine Othinus willfully keeping me here is my Imagine Breaker power being the reference point of the original world, like Leivinia said, but who knows if that still even applies when it's on such a grand scale like the multiverse? Or maybe it's precisely because of that that she kept the rest of everyone as well; reference points from across the multiverse, just in case..."

The Will exclaimed, gesturing toward Leivinia positively, giving a thumbs up enthusiastically, "If everyone remembered the original multiverse, everyone who was saved here would be unable to accept losing the rest of you in exchange /return. That is what Othinus feared /return. It isn’t just a positive /return. Once they knew about this obvious negative side, some of them might reject this perfect world /return. It was that thought that led Othinus to cheat in such a boring way /return. I’m pretty confident that’s what happened... with a margin of error /return."

"... And to that end, Othinus wasn't sure if that was a gambit she was willing to let play out without interfering /return. If the multiverse was willing to be saved without its consent, and without select people that was special to some of them as well /return. If people like that would have been willing to save you, even if it meant sacrificing their own happiness, so she put you in that position instead /return. Who can say in the end, after all /escape? Have you tried to understand her, to reach out /escape? If so, and you still don't get it, then isn't that a peculiarly human fault of her to reject the understanding you offer /escape? Even if you die a hundred deaths over and over again, you have to reach for her /return."

Regardless of the response her questions would get, the Will couldn't help but smile at Giorno's resolve. But almost like a pitying smile, in a way. "But /backspace even so, this path won't be so easy to cross /return. Before you go on, you have to accept what it is that you want to do, and what will happen should you achieve it /return. Or does it really not bother you that Othinus just appeared out of nowhere and stole everything you had built up over your entire lives /escape? Your relationships, your efforts /escape?"

"Doesn't it bother you that she put you in this position where you have to accept the weight that comes with the decision of rejecting the multiverse's happiness to save it /escape?"

It was simple.

A request to accept what you had to do -- what to sacrifice and leave behind -- as you moved forward, and to let her hear it from you.

And yet, that kind of question was something Touma couldn't give a response to. He remained silent for a while, having froze up. The sun had completely set and stars twinkled in the sky.

And then Touma Kamijou cried, leaning to the wall for support as he gritted his teeth and shut his eyes closed, gripping the front of his hair tightly as tears flowed from his eyes, unable to accept the answers deep within to the Will's questions.

4cMK2IG.jpg

"It bothers me. It actually kinda does bother me. And right now, I don't see myself as rejecting the multiverse's happiness - I'm just reordering and reorganising its happiness in a more desirable, orderly manner."

Ben turns to Giorno, then back to The Will, "as Giorno says, resolve, dreams, struggle... they've gone ka-put. Those very things drive the world - drive the constant change that makes our worlds... our worlds. Without them, we would be living in stagnation, like we are now. That... that isn't happiness at all.

Happiness, like most concepts, can only exist in a world where its various opposites exist. When you wipe clean one side of the coin to the point that it becomes a shiny, flat mirror, the other side loses all value - it's deemed as a fake, it's deemed as unacceptable."

Ben walks up to the crying Touma and places a palm on his shoulder with a light smile.

fcYYCWm.jpg

"Come on, big T, let it all out of your system, just make sure there's enough of you left by the end. Everything's going to be alright by the end of this...

... because I'm going to make sure of it.
"

Phil Connors and Rita Hanson

Phil shivered, realizing now why he felt so wrong in this universe. Why his mind couldn't accept it and why no matter how hard he tried to be happy, he couldn't. It was like the loop all over again, expect on a larger scale, one that impacted the multiverse. It wasn't just a single town's happiness that he was affecting with his actions. It wasn't just a small population that he was impacting. It was the happiness of the whole multiverse. Was that why he was picked of all the people out of ODMA? Because he knew loss like this before. Because he knew what it felt to be unhappy in a world of happiness, he knew the price of what happened if you remove one or two factors from a world in constant loop. When you remove the constants, then you just have a world stagnant of change. Stagnant of things like hope and tomorrow. All the things left unchecked. " You aren't wrong. Without hopes or dreams or tomorrow, this is from a perfect world. It's not so much destroying their happiness, it's reorganizing it and making it even. Without struggles, it makes life so meaningless. We need death just as much as life. We need tomorrows just as much as today and after this....well, I got a home I need to find and fix and a loop of my own that I need to break," he replied, looking over at Rita with a smile.

"
I have a feeling that it should be easy to do compared to this." If only Rita Hanson could know how wrong that statement would become. " But I'm with the others, we have to make the multiverse balanced, as we are the only ones who can."

@Ver @Yun Lee @Kaykay @Hahli Nuva @Jeremi @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Gummi Bunnies @York @Alex Azure @Crow @Takumi @Sark @Everybody

"Then this is the trick, isn't it? She's playing a game with us. The game is that we can entertain her by constantly retaliating. She's testing us by seeing just how long we will retaliate. It's her game. It doesn't matter how many times we fight her, she's only going to keep remaking the multiverse until she finds on that breaks us."

"Even then, she might still reset things if we don't fight her. She'll find every way to break us she can. Or maybe she'll start a loop, and keep breaking us in the multiverse she found breaks us until she gets bored."

"And how exactly do we break the cycle? I'll agree, loops kinda suck, but what do we do? Stab everyone with the hopes of everyone getting a punchy brain ghost? Or just stab the already Stand Users and hope their stands all level up to Othinus-beating levels? That Arrow has seen some shit, too."

"Anybody who uses that Arrow should be ready to face a lot of dark emotions and malevolence. I don't think it's healthy for anyone, Jojo's included."

@Ver @York @Yun Lee @Kaykay @Hahli Nuva @Jeremi @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Gummi Bunnies @Alex Azure @Crow @Takumi @Sark @Lucky @Everybody
to-aru-majutsu-no-index-964407.jpg

"Not heroes or villains... I guess that just makes us human at the end of the day," Touma sighed to Rita, looking toward the ground with a furrowed brow, though these sentiments either way did little to assuage him. He never cared for such titles himself, always instead opting for what he simply believed was right, but... Now he didn't know what was right.

To Ben, he shook his head. "How can we say how strong or weak she is? Even with Fiamma of the Right's spell and Ollerus's sacrifice, she didn't show much sign that she was getting any weaker, beside that one coughing fit she had. It could have been a one-off effect for all we know. But... either way... he's right," Touma went on, gesturing toward Mason, "It's a gambit for us, but it's just a game to her. This situation is impossible from every front."

As they stood in front of the hotel, the boy clenched his fists tightly again. "And no matter what, the fact remains that those people out there -- our friends, our family -- they were saved in ways we never could do for them. Even if we can't accept this reality, they don't remember any of it! This isn't a matter of tricks or illusion. Real as day, those people are happy, and even if such a multiverse becomes stagnant even for them, Othinus could just wave that spear around and make it go away! I... I can't take that away from them!"

"Sounds like a real quandary that you're all stuck in /return. Maybe I can pitch in my two cents /escape?"

From above, the voice of a teenage girl with a peculiar speech pattern was heard from everyone, prompting Touma to look up and gawk at the sight above.

"W-What the...?!"

View attachment 3402

"Yaho, greetings /return! How do you all do /escape?"

Some of the group (ideally all, considering how they'd met her during the fight in the flooded city) might have been able to identify her as a "Misaka Sister," specifically 10032 that had accompanied them back then, but... Something was certainly different. Even though she wore the exact same outfit, from the school uniform to the goggles atop her head, she spoke like a typewriter or an old computer, unlike how 10032 had before Othinus had become the true Magic God of the multiverse.

lCyTblI.jpg

"I'm going to break your illusion!"

Ben prepares to punch Touma in the face, but his fist, arms fully outstretched, ended up but a mere few centimetres away from his nose.

Ben laughs.

"Ahahaha... ahahahaha... AHAHAHAHA... Gotcha, didn't I? I don't think I can get mad at you. We're alike, you and I - hero types who want everyone to be happy, even if such a concept is impossible, maybe until now, that is. If I am to find you a bother, I'm probably just as bothersome, just as painful to hang around. Kamijou Touma, I feel a bit of doubt from you, maybe it's also the doubt of myself. You question what we are about to take from them, but do you question if Othinus took anything from them already - something that can only be given back to them by fixing all this?"

All looked up and saw-

"Good timing!" Grandpa Max smiles as he looks up to see the very specific MISAKA. "Come join us down here."

"Hi Misaka!" Macy said, with a more chipper voice than she'd been able to summon previously in this conversation.

"Hey, 10032. I'm open to suggestions. What do you have for us?"

Phil looked up at Misaka. " We're all doing okay, I guess relatively. What would your suggestion be?" He asked, piling about a dozen doughnuts from his jacket pocket and starting to eat them while he waited.

" ….Phil, why do you have a dozen doughnuts in your pockets?" She asked.

As he finished swallowing his seventh one. " One, I'm hungry. Two, they remind of home and three, I don't know why. Kind of developed of having a dozen doughnuts and haven't been able to break it," he replied.

@Ver @Yun Lee @Kaykay @Hahli Nuva @Jeremi @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Gummi Bunnies @York @Alex Azure @Crow @Takumi @Alex Azure @Sark @Everybody
"Don't mind if I do /return," the girl spoke as she slipped down from her ledge, safely landing in front of everyone at Max's invitation.

With an aghast look at the mere notion that what they were talking about had caught the attention of someone else here, Touma could barely say anything comprehensible. "U-Uh... It can't be... You're...?"

"Hmm, I suppose technically you could say that this body is of Misaka 10032, since it's the one most familiar to you, but /backspace the entity that stands before you isn't quite as single-minded /return," the girl said, performing a bit of an exaggerated curtsy with her short skirt.

"You're... not 10032? Then who are you?"

"That's a bit complicated to say, but /backspace in a nutshell, you can say that I'm the single Will of the entire Misaka Network /return. Nice to meetcha ☆ /return."

The Will of the Whole Misaka Network. That was what she was known as, to put it shortly, and here she was, making a peace sign with her hand as she held it over her right eye.

Without waiting for anyone to inquire further about what exactly that even meant, the "girl" went on. "Why don't you come on inside /escape? We'll have just a bit more privacy that way, and from there, we can discuss how to deal with the pickle you all are in /return."

"You don't mean...?"

"The mere idea of fighting a god defies all logical explanation, but /backspace surely there will be a solution we can unearth, even if it's not the answer we all exactly want /return."

" It never is the answer we want to find." [/COLOR] Phil shrugged and entered the place.

" So what is the solution?" Rita asked as she walked in.

@Ver @Yun Lee @Kaykay @Hahli Nuva @Jeremi @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Gummi Bunnies @York @Alex Azure @Crow @Takumi @Alex Azure @Sark @Everybody
"And where exactly are we going to unearth it?" Ben adds. "I'm not sure if this new world would just have the key lying around."

Ben seemed a bit shocked.

"Wait, wait, inside, like inside your fancy network?"

"That's Chise, Ruth is the dog, dear." Lindel spoke, pointing to each respectively.

"Oh um...hello..." Chise greeted Geneva a bit awkwardly, before noticing the rest of the group prepared to move out. "Um, excuse us!" She said before rushing off to catch up with the rest, Ruth taking notice ans following after her.

"Ever the one to rush into things, I tell you." Lindel sighed.

"How exactly are you not effected by Othinus?" Chise asked, following the rest inside with Ruth right on her heels. She happened to notice that, while doing so, Elias seemed to move in her shadow, as if leaving it.

Maybe there was something about the hotel he was avoiding? Or-

"I'll wait for you out here, Chise."

"Oh, um, okay Elias..." She blinked, watching from the corner of her eye as he took form and waved.

As nice as it is to seem him happy...it doesn't really feel right, like this... she thought, before she pushed on to figure out what was with this whole MISAKA Network or the like.

@Ver @Yun Lee @Crow @Alex Azure @Everyonr
"I... I at least think I'm alive. I supposed being totally obliterated tends to mess with the memory" The Old Man laughed, the edges of his moustache dancing across his neck. "What I mean is, I'm glad to be back, even if the world I'm returning to is so... different"

"More looping? I should have anticipated Othinus to attempt to dominate time itself, especially after what happened in the village... But the fact that time progresses on Avalon normally would imply that Othinus is not truly omnipotent. Her looping must be a conscious response, and not an instinctive one. If her powers were always active, Avalon would remain frozen in time... so if we can take Othinus by surprise and apply enough pressure, we might be able to prevent her from resetting time... or at least, hypothetically. Still... we must find a way to overcome her reality manipulation abilities..."

"You're right, Rita. This is a world of stagnation. The cost of conflict it... progress. Perhaps there is paradise even greater than this. Maybe there is a world of complete spiritual harmony just beyond our reach... but without conflict to announce the call to action, nothing will ever change. A Multiverse stuck in today... denied its tomorrow..."

"I..." His heart froze, his spirits tumbling inwards. He felt a fraction of his being shift as if cracks had started to dance across its icy plane. A shiver crept down his spine, and a flicker of a twitch danced in the corner of his eye. "What... happened to me?"

"The vault...Knowhere..." Jiren felt the walls of his own illusion closing inwards, constricting every breath he took. Faded images flickered through his mind, stretching and fading like a shaken polaroid. With every word that met his ears, they seemed to grow clearer, the boundaries of his trace forcing the streams of colour back into paintings they had once been. He saw waves of light leaping across a beautiful skyline, dancing in the wake of 9 proud warriors. He saw mountains crack and crumble, the most amazing towers of light reaching out from every crevis. He saw the finest red uniform, stitched with a lifetime of care, and how countless worlds praised its coming! And countless more... feared it...

Stories of the dreaded grey filled his head. Stories of the Cold Bastard who turned his back upon the OMDA to ensure its destruction. He was a traitor, a soulless titan fighting for the sake of fighting, desperate for something to believe in. A man, lusting for something to die for, having lost all faith in the value of life. He saw worlds burn and people cry- the sights that had once driven him to defend the Grey- but in a moment of clarity, he saw the force that had created them. He saw worlds burn before his hand. He saw people cry at the sight of that once proud uniform.

But these sensations... they weren't real... they weren't right... But knowing that didn't make them go away. With each passing moment, the dream became more and more real, and the truths he had lived his whole life under became dreams themselves.

His family... his tribe and his child- The most sacred moments of his 'life'- were soon in the haze. He reached for them- he clawed at them with all the strength he had- but they too grew harder and harder to envision. The memories disappeared behind the iron doors of the Vault of Knowhere, overwritten by foul thoughts- the darkest thoughts that succeeded all dreams- death. He felt loss consume him all over again.

"This... was me? This fear you all feel... Schala... it was born of my sacrifice..." His breaths shortened. A hand trembled, reaching for hers "I can see... I can see flickers of your mind and I... I am not myself, am I? I did something... something evil... and I've convinced myself it was only a dream... Please... Schala... my... friend" Something sparkled. A tear? A tear for what? Himself? The man he was? Was it for the world he had left behind, or for the one he had created? That night before the spirit... its negative burned into his eyes. "What did I do? Who... what was I?"

"Maybe it will only give us 1 percent of 1 percent... but it will be point one-zero-one percent better off than we were, to begin with. We must explore every avenue and take every advantage we can...We come from a world that made its own God... but maybe it also made a band of heroes to undo its mistake. As long as we live and breathe, there is hope. We can win. It will be hard, and it will come at a great price... But we. Can. Win"

"Health won't be a problem- unless we take risks like this, we won't live long enough to reap to fruits of old-" His eyes flickered to Max for a moment, causing his cheeks to rise

"Or older age. We must be willing to die to defeat Othinus"

An idea burned behind Toppo's eyes.

"That being said... Othinus might have sowed the seeds of her own... its no coincidence that Kyle, Falcon and myself were resurrected... and that we've all run into so many lost loved ones... In an attempt to appeal to our hearts, Othinus has summoned an army to overcome her... Look around us: there are enough proud warriors here to overcome any foe. We won't need stands if we all stand up and stand strong! If we call in every favour we have and unite Avalon, then Othinus won't know what's hit her... we don't need to raise up a handful of heavy hitters! Absolutes are always outnumbered. Its the curse of the Gods!"
"Guess I'll do what I can to deal with her," Grandpa Max adds, "maybe I'm way out of my league on the direct battlefield, so I'll have to think of something less direct, be it a Stand, or even some backup. Wait... if we're supposed to live here, maybe the old Rustbucket's lying around somewhere. That thing's like family to me, so it has to be here."

"That's not actually that bad an idea, Toppo. Lots of the pals I have back in Bellwood and met throughout the multiverse - I could gather their help, and so could everyone here! And those guys could gather their pals, and so on... Lindel, Noembelu, Birdie, just to name a few on my side...

3bVYxYC.jpg

Plus, if our time spent with our happy friends and family will be inevitably cut short, then we'll just have to make the best of it, now wouldn't we?

Toppo, if you need a good place to start, Schala & I saw Jiren earlier."

@Ver @Sark @Alex Azure @York @Lucky @Yun Lee @Takumi @Crow @etcetcetc​
"I...I am unsure of that working," Libra admitted. "Everyone uniting...Othinus could just as easily turn our loved ones against us, or destroy them before our eyes..." And the people he had seen here in Avalon were the last he wanted that to happen to.

"How about we talk it over inside like Misaka said to, yeah?" Severa hastily suggested, rushing up to the Hotel. She was getting IN, damn it!

@Ver @Lucky @Yun Lee @Kaykay @Hahli Nuva@Jeremi @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Gummi Bunnies @York @Alex Azure @Crow @Takumi @Alex Azure @Sark @Everybody
"... No, I meant heading inside the hotel /return. After all /backspace, you'd all appreciate some privacy after however long you had to endure talking to those other people, right /escape?" The Will of the Whole Misaka Network said to Ben with a flat face, crossing her arms into an X to verbally indicate how off the mark the hero was, briefly gesturing toward Severa with a nod of confirmation as she walked backward and began leading everyone inside the hotel through the front.

The Will chuckled lightly at Chise's question as though it were a simple matter. "Let's look at it one way /return. That Othinus goddess has free dominion over life and death for humans /return. Like a heavenly world and a human world /escape? Like heaven and hell /escape? It might be based in a religious concept I don’t really understand /return. But I’m a single organic system created from 20,000 units, y’know /escape? This network contains information from Misaka Units who are dead and those who are still alive /return."

"To that end, as a unit who is neither necessarily alive or dead, perhaps this existence managed to slip in between the cracks of her thoughts; am I resurrected or preserved /escape? Of course, it isn't to last if she were to realize her error /return. After all, perhaps the same could be said about robots or androids, who can't be necessarily said to be alive or dead in the conventional sense, but /backspace surely a god has the power to rectify that /return. It's only a matter of time /return."

"Oops, I let myself wander on like that /return. Sorry /return!" The Will playfully said, clapping her hands together like an exaggerated apology and a wink, before going on anyway, leading the group down an open hall inside the hotel, which in of itself seemed mostly empty at this moment, "So I suppose before you can find your answer, the question needs to be reiterated /return. Do you all know what you want to do here /escape?"

"... What?"

Now that you know this is a perfect world of nothing but happiness, what will you do /escape?

"It seems some of you are still conflicted /return. It's good to have resolve in your intentions, but /backspace that resolve shouldn't come so carelessly. Whether you like it or not, no matter what decision you make, you have to accept that it is a massive responsibility, and you are the only ones in the entire multiverse who can make it. No one will ever know either way what you did for them, except me, and even then, I don't believe we'll meet again /return. Can you accept that /escape?"

The Will waved toward Toppo and Ben. "That won't work, I think, if Othinus really has the rest of the multiverse under her thumb /return. Sorry /return."

"Or, you know, we just wait until she gets bored." A voice rang up from behind. It was Jolyne who seemed to have a rather defeated look on her face as she continued. "Look either we just drop dead here and hold hands, or we show her the finger. I don't even think choosing this world is going to like be the end. What's she going to do then? Being all knowing and all powerful has to be some of the most boring shit. You can do everything and you know everything, what's left?"

"I totally think we need to figure out what she actually wants."
Ermes added her two cents. "Not what she thinks we wants but what she actually wants."

"I...I am unsure of that working," Libra admitted. "Everyone uniting...Othinus could just as easily turn our loved ones against us, or destroy them before our eyes..." And the people he had seen here in Avalon were the last he wanted that to happen to.

"How about we talk it over inside like Misaka said to, yeah?" Severa hastily suggested, rushing up to the Hotel. She was getting IN, damn it!

@Ver @Lucky @Yun Lee @Kaykay @Hahli Nuva@Jeremi @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Gummi Bunnies @York @Alex Azure @Crow @Takumi @Alex Azure @Sark @Everybody
"Maybe you're right /return. Maybe it doesn't matter either way /return. Whatever you decide, it wouldn't matter if you don't have the power to make it so in reality, right /escape?" The Will asked, something of a reversal to what she was talking about as she responded to Jolyne and Libra, as she nonchalantly led everyone into an empty room in the hotel. White walls, a wooden floor. It was a pristine, sterile environment, like a room that had been created but not quite completed. A room under construction, a place yet to be realized. A rectangular room, large enough to fit the small crowd, blank like a canvas.

Holding her hands behind her back, the Will went on as everyone settled. "Let's put stuff like the gap in your powers against hers aside /return. It's undeniable what she's done /return. It's not an illusion or a slight of hand /return. Those people out there -- everyone you've ever known -- were saved /return. They have no memory of the original multiverse, and they believe you to be a part of this place as well /return. To that end, you just might be missing something simple, hidden in plain sight, under your noses /return."

With a strangely sweet, if not even sad, smile, The Will spoke simply.

"Othinus is afraid /return."

"Think about it /return. You all aside, why would she refuse to let everyone remember their original lives /escape? Why would she refuse to let them know that you were the only ones still suffering in this world without suffering /escape?"

"Y'know, Wanda and Kyoko were saying the same thing...kinda," Severa said. "Back in the 'everyone died' multiverse, they mentioned that there was something Othinus wanted, some sort of...ideology? Or something?"

"What if..." Libra hesitated, unsure of the answer. "What if she was lying to us? Her goal was not to break or punish us...but to show us something. But no matter what...why us? We were not the only ones to oppose her..."

"Maybe because we were actually there with her?" Severa suggested, before looking at Touma. "Didn't Wanda mention you specifically? For some illusion or something?"

... and for Jiren and the others to fight alongside us again, more importantly."

"Is she afraid... of being forgotten? Afraid of someone not remembering her? Maybe that's the reason for the loop. We're people with a finite lifespan. Eventually, her tale will be completely off the face of Avalon and she'll be back to being forgotten like Ancient Egyptian."

"Leivinia's got a point. Unlike the phases where we were written as villains - these guys, they're our full-fledged friends. That's a core difference! They trust us!

But yeah, if we have no intention of kicking her butt with our friends, old and new, what is the course of action to take, MISAKA number prettymucheveryone?"

"..."

"Hoo... I'm honestly quite tired of these long discussions. Is this really what I sound like?"

A duo of footsteps, one heavy-footed and the other soft, cut a clear divide in the discussion. A tall, confident blonde teenager stood by the entrance, his hands stuck to his hips and his wide gaze sweeping across the room's individuals like a machine. He sighed, slowly walking forward and cutting a path through the center of the horde.

latest

"I apologize for being late... I had to indulge myself in Othinus' games a bit more before I could come to a decision. It seems like we're all at an impasse," Giorno spoke loudly and clearly, stopping in front of the Will and next to Touma, turning around to look upon the rest of the party. "Othinus, being a goddess, has created something fitting to her design; a reality in which all of its inhabitants are happy and free. The very existence of concepts like resolve, dreams, and struggle have been wiped out in favor of a universal euphoria that may as well be the law in this place."

"Somehow, despite all of that, the decision to wipe out this perfect, imperfect reality has become another test of our own resolve. "

"Well, I already know all of you have been discussing how Othinus is impossible to destroy. She can erase everything with a single snap, and start it all from scratch sending us into an infinite loop of these custom-tooled realities. Facing another grotesque example of her delusions, sitting here and talking about how indestructible she is, going after her regardless like a pack of lemmings, and then snap -- back to normal."

Giorno... snickered? A quite laugh escaped the young don's lips. "I'm sorry, but I can't help but laugh. It's ironic. I guess this is my punishment for what I did to the boss several years ago."

Giorno rose a hand from his hip, looking back to Touma with an open palm, gesturing for his Arrow. "Whether or not we should use this Arrow... comes down to whether or not we can decide on the one thing that Othinus is not immune to. What is one thing she cannot - or rather, will not - change? The one thing that has remained consistent across her many games..."

It was simple.

4cMK2IG.jpg

"It bothers me. It actually kinda does bother me. And right now, I don't see myself as rejecting the multiverse's happiness - I'm just reordering and reorganising its happiness in a more desirable, orderly manner."

Ben turns to Giorno, then back to The Will, "as Giorno says, resolve, dreams, struggle... they've gone ka-put. Those very things drive the world - drive the constant change that makes our worlds... our worlds. Without them, we would be living in stagnation, like we are now. That... that isn't happiness at all.

Happiness, like most concepts, can only exist in a world where its various opposites exist. When you wipe clean one side of the coin to the point that it becomes a shiny, flat mirror, the other side loses all value - it's deemed as a fake, it's deemed as unacceptable."

Ben walks up to the crying Touma and places a palm on his shoulder with a light smile.

fcYYCWm.jpg

"Come on, big T, let it all out of your system, just make sure there's enough of you left by the end. Everything's going to be alright by the end of this...

"

Schala Zeal
@Ver @Lucky @Yun Lee @Kaykay @Hahli Nuva@Jeremi @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Gummi Bunnies @Alex Azure @Crow @Takumi @Alex Azure @Sark
@Everybody

Schala shook her head in regards to Mason's question.

"No... Even with these... Stands, I don't believe we can beat Othinus in a simple measure of power. If we wish to break this cycle... We have to find some... Other way..." She said.

Turning to answer Jiren, she was temporarily stopped by the appearance of a girl familiar to some... The embodiment of multiple versions of herself, interesting... And quite confusing someone who has not dealt with something like this before. She decided to wait until they were lead into the hotel before she began answering Jiren's questions... And considering where the conversation they were having was leading them.

Deciding to speak to Jiren first, she tried to manage a smile... Feeling a little guilty if anything that she had neglected to realize sooner that his memories were also erased, or at least... Suppressed. To be honest, she wasn't sure if him remembering everything was going to end well, but... In the end... She couldn't lie to him.

"You wanted to help end the multiverse... To create a world without pain or suffering... But in the end... Without feelings or... Color." She said, shaking her head.

"In the end... Just like we were willing to sacrifice ourselves for our own cause... You were prepared to sacrifice yourself for yours... And... You and Toppo... ... You never lived to see the multiverse end... For the better or worse..."

There was a small sigh, as Schala closed her eyes, a lone tear trickling down her cheek as she found herself in a dilemma still, as the decision they were now faced with left her torn between the two things she had sworn herself to protect above all; the happiness of all those in the multiverse... And the multiverse itself.

"But now... Now that I've seen the world Othinus wants to maintain... It's... Strange. I don't want to leave... I want this to last... Forever and ever, but yet... The way this happiness has been achieved, feels wrong... Somehow... Flawed. Like it violates a rule of nature I was supposed to protect..." She said, and then... A thought crossed her mind, looking towards The Will as she spoke.

The thought was envigorated by "The Will", Touma... And in fact, what almost everyone here was saying, in regards to the nature of this world... And why Othinus wiped everyone's memories, but theirs remained.

"But... If our memories are still intact... Despite our capacity to destroy this paradise... That means... Othinus is purposely providing us a choice... Something she had taken away from the rest of the multiverse... ... And if Touma is correct... If we are all reference points for the multiverse that was no more... ... Maybe she wanted the option to undo all that she had done, maybe that's why she offers us a choice... To face her, and put an end to this world..."

Her gaze turned back to Jiren, wiping her face as a conflicted look crossed her face once more. Almost like she was looking to him for guidance, or at least... An answer to determine his view on the situation.

"... Jiren... You once were willing to sacrifice everyone's happiness to bring eternal peace throughout the multiverse... But... I... I couldn't live without it. I wanted to be happy, I wanted everyone to be happy... But... In order for that to have any meaning at all... There must be something to contrast that feeling to... Like Ben, and the others have said. There must be a balance..."

She shook her head, clenching her teeth as she fought off what was likely another wave of tears about to overwhelm her.

"I know what we must do... I know this paradise will not last... But even then... Why can't I bring myself to end it... Why do I wish I could stay here forever... In this world neither full of color... Nor absent of it?" She asked, thinking out loud more than anything right now.

Even after all this time... Perhaps some aspects of her never changed... ... And it was only when introduced to a dilemma like the one Othinus had presented her, that these aspects re-emerged.

It was almost like her inaction against her mother until it was too late... Except this time... The decision wasn't nearly as straight forward in her mind as it might be to the others... ... Thus in that regard, it bothered her more than anything... To be forced to make such a decision. The Will was spot on in that regard.​

"Maybe you're right /return. Maybe it doesn't matter either way /return. Whatever you decide, it wouldn't matter if you don't have the power to make it so in reality, right /escape?" The Will asked, something of a reversal to what she was talking about as she responded to Jolyne and Libra, as she nonchalantly led everyone into an empty room in the hotel. White walls, a wooden floor. It was a pristine, sterile environment, like a room that had been created but not quite completed. A room under construction, a place yet to be realized. A rectangular room, large enough to fit the small crowd, blank like a canvas.

Holding her hands behind her back, the Will went on as everyone settled. "Let's put stuff like the gap in your powers against hers aside /return. It's undeniable what she's done /return. It's not an illusion or a slight of hand /return. Those people out there -- everyone you've ever known -- were saved /return. They have no memory of the original multiverse, and they believe you to be a part of this place as well /return. To that end, you just might be missing something simple, hidden in plain sight, under your noses /return."

With a strangely sweet, if not even sad, smile, The Will spoke simply.

"Othinus is afraid /return."

"Think about it /return. You all aside, why would she refuse to let everyone remember their original lives /escape? Why would she refuse to let them know that you were the only ones still suffering in this world without suffering /escape?"

"Y'know, Wanda and Kyoko were saying the same thing...kinda," Severa said. "Back in the 'everyone died' multiverse, they mentioned that there was something Othinus wanted, some sort of...ideology? Or something?"

"What if..." Libra hesitated, unsure of the answer. "What if she was lying to us? Her goal was not to break or punish us...but to show us something. But no matter what...why us? We were not the only ones to oppose her..."

"Maybe because we were actually there with her?" Severa suggested, before looking at Touma. "Didn't Wanda mention you specifically? For some illusion or something?"

"..."

latest

It was simple.

4cMK2IG.jpg

fcYYCWm.jpg

"

Phil shivered, realizing now why he felt so wrong in this universe. Why his mind couldn't accept it and why no matter how hard he tried to be happy, he couldn't. It was like the loop all over again, expect on a larger scale, one that impacted the multiverse. It wasn't just a single town's happiness that he was affecting with his actions. It wasn't just a small population that he was impacting. It was the happiness of the whole multiverse. Was that why he was picked of all the people out of ODMA? Because he knew loss like this before. Because he knew what it felt to be unhappy in a world of happiness, he knew the price of what happened if you remove one or two factors from a world in constant loop. When you remove the constants, then you just have a world stagnant of change. Stagnant of things like hope and tomorrow. All the things left unchecked. " You aren't wrong. Without hopes or dreams or tomorrow, this is from a perfect world. It's not so much destroying their happiness, it's reorganizing it and making it even. Without struggles, it makes life so meaningless. We need death just as much as life. We need tomorrows just as much as today and after this....well, I got a home I need to find and fix and a loop of my own that I need to break," he replied, looking over at Rita with a smile.

"
I have a feeling that it should be easy to do compared to this." If only Rita Hanson could know how wrong that statement would become. " But I'm with the others, we have to make the multiverse balanced, as we are the only ones who can."

@Ver @Yun Lee @Kaykay @Hahli Nuva @Jeremi @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Gummi Bunnies @York @Alex Azure @Crow @Takumi @Sark @Everybody

Schala Zeal
@Ver @Lucky @Yun Lee @Kaykay @Hahli Nuva@Jeremi @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Gummi Bunnies @Alex Azure @Crow @Takumi @Alex Azure @Sark
@Everybody

"No... Even with these... Stands, I don't believe we can beat Othinus in a simple measure of power. If we wish to break this cycle... We have to find some... Other way..." She said.

Turning to answer Jiren, she was temporarily stopped by the appearance of a girl familiar to some... The embodiment of multiple versions of herself, interesting... And quite confusing someone who has not dealt with something like this before. She decided to wait until they were lead into the hotel before she began answering Jiren's questions... And considering where the conversation they were having was leading them.

Deciding to speak to Jiren first, she tried to manage a smile... Feeling a little guilty if anything that she had neglected to realize sooner that his memories were also erased, or at least... Suppressed. To be honest, she wasn't sure if him remembering everything was going to end well, but... In the end... She couldn't lie to him.

"You wanted to help end the multiverse... To create a world without pain or suffering... But in the end... Without feelings or... Color." She said, shaking her head.

"In the end... Just like we were willing to sacrifice ourselves for our own cause... You were prepared to sacrifice yourself for yours... And... You and Toppo... ... You never lived to see the multiverse end... For the better or worse..."

There was a small sigh, as Schala closed her eyes, a lone tear trickling down her cheek as she found herself in a dilemma still, as the decision they were now faced with left her torn between the two things she had sworn herself to protect above all; the happiness of all those in the multiverse... And the multiverse itself.

"But now... Now that I've seen the world Othinus wants to maintain... It's... Strange. I don't want to leave... I want this to last... Forever and ever, but yet... The way this happiness has been achieved, feels wrong... Somehow... Flawed. Like it violates a rule of nature I was supposed to protect..." She said, and then... A thought crossed her mind, looking towards The Will as she spoke.

The thought was envigorated by "The Will", Touma... And in fact, what almost everyone here was saying, in regards to the nature of this world... And why Othinus wiped everyone's memories, but theirs remained.

"But... If our memories are still intact... Despite our capacity to destroy this paradise... That means... Othinus is purposely providing us a choice... Something she had taken away from the rest of the multiverse... ... And if Touma is correct... If we are all reference points for the multiverse that was no more... ... Maybe she wanted the option to undo all that she had done, maybe that's why she offers us a choice... To face her, and put an end to this world..."

Her gaze turned back to Jiren, wiping her face as a conflicted look crossed her face once more. Almost like she was looking to him for guidance, or at least... An answer to determine his view on the situation.

"... Jiren... You once were willing to sacrifice everyone's happiness to bring eternal peace throughout the multiverse... But... I... I couldn't live without it. I wanted to be happy, I wanted everyone to be happy... But... In order for that to have any meaning at all... There must be something to contrast that feeling to... Like Ben, and the others have said. There must be a balance..."

She shook her head, clenching her teeth as she fought off what was likely another wave of tears about to overwhelm her.

"I know what we must do... I know this paradise will not last... But even then... Why can't I bring myself to end it... Why do I wish I could stay here forever... In this world neither full of color... Nor absent of it?" She asked, thinking out loud more than anything right now.

Even after all this time... Perhaps some aspects of her never changed... ... And it was only when introduced to a dilemma like the one Othinus had presented her, that these aspects re-emerged.

It was almost like her inaction against her mother until it was too late... Except this time... The decision wasn't nearly as straight forward in her mind as it might be to the others... ... Thus in that regard, it bothered her more than anything... To be forced to make such a decision. The Will was spot on in that regard.​

Mason's head drooped down, hiding his face behind a mop of orange hair. He placed his thumb and and forefinger on his temples. He listened to the conversation quietly, only providing hums and massaging his temples. With the Will of Misaka posing her questions, Mason found a response.

View attachment 3403
"You know what? You're right. I don't really care for Othinus treating the multiverse like she owns it! She's just another goddess who considers herself above everyone. It's no different than any god up on Olympus or Asgard. And I'm not gonna let her do this. When have I ever let fate pull me around?"

"Never!" Macy cheered.

"Does she have the right to play with our lives? Is the world she created right or just?"

"No and no!" Macy fed his enthusiasm. He raised his head and pounded a fist into an open palm. He brought back his signature bright smile and heroic spirit. Inside his heart was turmoil, still catching up in the process of understanding what their next move was. However, optimism struck down worry and planning.

"Let's go! No more moping, not for us at least! There's still a human heart and human fallacies somewhere inside the Magic God. If we can play to her fears, that the multiverse is still against her and unwilling to change, maybe we can wear down her resolve instead of her strength. We gotta keep fighting, no matter the power she shows. These worlds didn't ask to be changed, and it's our responsibility to fix it back, even if it does mean we break this false utopia and leave behind our hopes. Am I right?"

Macy stood beside Touma as well and offerred a shoulder to cry on instead of a wall. She looked almost ready to cry herself. "Touma, it's okay to mope a little longer. Misaka has brought up some tough stuff. We all have somebody we don't want to leave behind. Penny for your thoughts?"

@Ver @Lucky @Yun Lee @Kaykay @Hahli Nuva @Jeremi @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Gummi Bunnies @York @Alex Azure @Crow @Takumi @Sark @Everybody​

The Will of the Misaka Network listened quietly. She silently accepted the many words that gushed from Kamijou Touma’s heart. They were not beautiful sentiments in her eyes; in fact, even if they believed they were right, logic might have dictated they were "wrong" instead. Being correct does not make one right, one might say. And yet, if such freedom to decide what was right and wrong was something they wanted to restore in the first place, then...

"I see /return. So you've made your decision, even if it might be hopeless, even if it might be determining this for other people without their knowledge /return. To accept the difference between what was correct and what was the right thing to do /return. I was almost afraid that I was wrong about humans for a moment /return."

To Schala, the Will of the Network shrugged her arms, pursing her lips slightly. "What Othinus wants to maintain, create, or destroy, that's something you have to drag out of her yourself /return. Only she can say what she ultimately wants /return. As I said, even if it takes you forever, even if it costs you a hundred lives as you go after her over and over again, you have to keep trying to reach her no matter what if you want to change anything /return. That's your new objective now; you understand, don't you /escape?"

"You have to show a god what it means to be human, to your heart /return. Do you understand /escape?"

Touma meanwhile looked out the window, pressing his arm against it as he looked outside, observing the happiness of the people strolling across, tears still drifting down his cheeks. "Of course it bothers me. Of course it bothers me...! What the hell was I doing all this time? I never wanted any of this -- for us or them. Othinus saved every last one of those people in the multiverse to make suffer suffer. There’s something seriously wrong with her sense of scale," he cursed, clenching his fist tightly, "Why the hell do we have to go through all this? What was I calling misfortune all this time?" Touma went on, letting out a self-deprecating laugh through soft sniffles, "Of course it bothers me. She stole all their lives and reshaped them, and she did it so easily like it was a game that I feel stupid for even complaining! I could never create anything better than this, and to have to destroy it, to return home and look at everyone in the face... I don't know if I can bear that weight...!" The boy sank to his knees, pressing his forehead against the glass tightly.

"If my path doesn't end here, that means that I have to cut through everyone else's for something we alone decide here. Could we all really bear that sin as we are?"

Last edited:

"

Schala Zeal
@Everybody

Mason's head drooped down, hiding his face behind a mop of orange hair. He placed his thumb and and forefinger on his temples. He listened to the conversation quietly, only providing hums and massaging his temples. With the Will of Misaka posing her questions, Mason found a response.

View attachment 3403
"You know what? You're right. I don't really care for Othinus treating the multiverse like she owns it! She's just another goddess who considers herself above everyone. It's no different than any god up on Olympus or Asgard. And I'm not gonna let her do this. When have I ever let fate pull me around?"

"Never!" Macy cheered.

"Does she have the right to play with our lives? Is the world she created right or just?"

"No and no!" Macy fed his enthusiasm. He raised his head and pounded a fist into an open palm. He brought back his signature bright smile and heroic spirit. Inside his heart was turmoil, still catching up in the process of understanding what their next move was. However, optimism struck down worry and planning.

"Let's go! No more moping, not for us at least! There's still a human heart and human fallacies somewhere inside the Magic God. If we can play to her fears, that the multiverse is still against her and unwilling to change, maybe we can wear down her resolve instead of her strength. We gotta keep fighting, no matter the power she shows. These worlds didn't ask to be changed, and it's our responsibility to fix it back, even if it does mean we break this false utopia and leave behind our hopes. Am I right?"

Macy stood beside Touma as well and offerred a shoulder to cry on instead of a wall. She looked almost ready to cry herself. "Touma, it's okay to mope a little longer. Misaka has brought up some tough stuff. We all have somebody we don't want to leave behind. Penny for your thoughts?"

@Ver @Lucky @Yun Lee @Kaykay @Hahli Nuva @Jeremi @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Gummi Bunnies @York @Alex Azure @Crow @Takumi @Sark @Everybody​
The Will of the Misaka Network listened quietly. She silently accepted the many words that gushed from Kamijou Touma’s heart. They were not beautiful sentiments in her eyes; in fact, even if they believed they were right, logic might have dictated they were "wrong" instead. Being correct does not make one right, one might say. And yet, if such freedom to decide what was right and wrong was something they wanted to restore in the first place, then...

"I see /return. So you've made your decision, even if it might be hopeless, even if it might be determining this for other people without their knowledge /return. To accept the difference between what was correct and what was the right thing to do /return. I was almost afraid that I was wrong about humans for a moment /return."

To Schala, the Will of the Network shrugged her arms, pursing her lips slightly. "What Othinus wants to maintain, create, or destroy, that's something you have to drag out of her yourself /return. Only she can say what she ultimately wants /return. As I said, even if it takes you forever, even if it costs you a hundred lives as you go after her over and over again, you have to keep trying to reach her no matter what if you want to change anything /return. That's your new objective now; you understand, don't you /escape?"

"You have to show a god what it means to be human, to your heart /return. Do you understand?"

Touma meanwhile looked out the window, pressing his arm against it as he looked outside, observing the happiness of the people strolling across, tears still drifting down his cheeks. "Of course it bothers me. Of course it bothers me...! What the hell was I doing all this time? I never wanted any of this -- for us or them. Othinus saved every last one of those people in the multiverse to make suffer suffer. There’s something seriously wrong with her sense of scale," he cursed, clenching his fist tightly, "Why the hell do we have to go through all this? What was I calling misfortune all this time?" Touma went on, letting out a self-deprecating laugh through soft sniffles, "Of course it bothers me. She stole all their lives and reshaped them, and she did it so easily like it was a game that I feel stupid for even complaining! I could never create anything better than this, and to have to destroy it, to return home and look at everyone in the face... I don't know if I can bear that weight...!" The boy sank to his knees, pressing his forehead against the glass tightly.

"If my path doesn't end here, that means that I have to cut through everyone else's for something we alone decide here. Could we all really bear that sin as we are?"

"... I feel the same way too, Schala - parting with our happy, harmonious friends and family that have had differences with us and each other in the past world... to just up and leave them... it's always hard, no matter what colour the world is painted in. The fact that we possess feelings that retaliate in response to loss and seperation, it's evidence that we're instinctively following a full set of emotions - a concept that belongs to and defines a world of colour - the old world we left behind."

Ben, having appeared beside Schala, turns to Jiren with a wave.

IvYU1Y1.jpg

"Oh hey Jiren. Good to see you again. Remember me? Slimy, creepy, fast, strong, every shape and size?"

Ben ponders.

"Hold your horses, Mason. I'm as eager to take this mission on as you are, but maybe we should all do a teeny bit of dillydallying before we go off for the destination. We have to leave this world behind, whether we want to or not, so I think the least we can do is greet and say goodbye to every one of our friends first.

I know where Marian is, Jiren. But, for the record, in this world, she's... uh..."

Ben moves his head forward to Jiren's ears and whispers.

"... married, so you might wanna be a bit more careful with the interaction..."

He turns to Touma, looking at him directly.

"..."

He looks away and, taking the initiative, he walks for the exit, exchanging a few vague words in response to the enquiry that some might recognise as his signature catchphrase, albeit said in a manner with less joy and more seriousness.

aSm4Ov2.jpg

"... it's hero time."

@Ver @York @Lucky @Sark @Alex Azure @Takumi @Kaykay @Yun Lee @etcetcetc​

Deciding to speak to Jiren first, she tried to manage a smile... Feeling a little guilty if anything that she had neglected to realize sooner that his memories were also erased, or at least... Suppressed. To be honest, she wasn't sure if him remembering everything was going to end well, but... In the end... She couldn't lie to him.​
"No...Don't look at me like that" His words were weak and tired, with flashes of fear clinging to everything he said "No... I don't derve that look... I don't deserve your... pity"​
"You wanted to help end the multiverse... To create a world without pain or suffering... But in the end... Without feelings or... Color."

"Then I was right. I did this. It was all me." He scrambled to futilely repair his facade of strength, but his image had already fallen apart at the seams. The Powerful Jiren, the warrior how had conquered all foes, even those within his own spirit, had died with his old world. All that remained was the fragile husk of a hero, held up by false memories alone and doomed to perform in a play of lies. He said his lines as if reading from a script, his soul completely detached from his lips "For heaven... this place feels a lot like Hell. The man I was... I like to think he'd be stronger than this... and I think he'd like to think that too. But I lack his power... his will. All I see... All I feel around me... is death. Death in a world that will never die, doomed to suffer a false truth. It's not grey... its black..."

"But now... Now that I've seen the world Othinus wants to maintain... It's... Strange. I don't want to leave... I want this to last... Forever and ever, but yet... The way this happiness has been achieved, feels wrong... Somehow... Flawed. Like it violates a rule of nature I was supposed to protect..."
"Even after... Even after doing all I have... All you have told me I have done... All I Remember... I can't leave this behind" The world around him, void of perfection, still danced upon the borders of greatness. There was no war. No hate. No fury. For the first time in Multiversal history- for the first time in any timeline in any world- perpetual peace had finally been found. And in its absence, the people could live. They thrived. They found things worth loving, and they lived. He had done so with his tribe. His Teacher had done so with his students. Belmond remained asleep. Khai continued to create in his absence. The natural order had been re-penned, and it had been re-penned to what he could only describe as a world of sense and spirit: perfection.

Was the Grey. The Grey he had fought for. The Grey he had died for, albeit born with Othinus' own unique spin. Even if it wasn't real, it was more than enough for him. It would have been so easy for him to slip back off into his dream. He could return to his fake life, live out the rest of his days with his fake family, then die a meaningless but content death. Yet something held him back: nagging ache deep with his heart held him in place. Now that he had woken up- now that those razor blades of sunlight had parted his eyes- he could not go back to sleep. He couldn't force the sun back behind the horizon.

"Stay here with me, Schala. Stay with my tribe and my people... this world does not make sense to me... then again, none ever has. But it could be the foundation for something more. Gods or no Gods, every prayer has been answered. We don't have to carry our burdens anymore... we can live our lives- we can all live our lives- free from the evils we have all created. Isn't that what you have always wanted? To protect your Kindom today to let it fall tomorrow? Or to find a way to protect it so that it will never need protecting again?"

"I... The Burden of Truth kills me. Everday. Every day of my life I wake up. I live. I sleep. I wake up to live again. But my cycle is... disturbed. My very being is plagued by the foulest nightmares. Guilt. Regret. Hate. Sin. I believed them to have been evils left behind by that world gone mad. But Schala, you have shown me that they were simply traits that lived within me. Guilt drove me to strength. Strength drove me to regret. Regret drove me to loathe myself, and in my attempts to undo that loathing I sinned. And how I sinned! I killed. I ravaged. I destroyed all that was good in an infected world in the name of a cure"

The dam broke

"I once believed myself to be the last angel in that Hell of a World. I believed that evil had overcome it completely. I saw the sins of man eat away its own saints and heroes. But I had to be sure. I had to be sure that somewhere, out in the mess of stars and spirits, that there was a tide. I had to find that turning point. That moment when the good would reclaim what they were owed. I prayed the underdogs would rise to the challenge, no matter how outnumbered they were. But they couldn't defeat the Old Grey Dog. They couldn't change the ocean's flow. Evil won. The board was reset for a new game.

But even once the pieces were put to the side, I learned the truth I had fought so hard to deny. The evils I had fought to conquer- all the maniacs, madmen and villains- they didn't hide in the heavens or in Knowhere. They lived in me. I was the very thing I needed to destroy. I was passion unrestrained. I was evil. I am evil. I am a villain. It's a fact I cannot ignore. A truth I cannot deny. It is who I am.

Who I was.

Othinus helped to change me. She gave me life anew. She gave me a purpose. A family. Everything I had lacked. And for my service, she took away my pain. All those sins were washed away. Everything I could ever want. Everything I could ever need. She placed it within my fingers... and now... after 60 long years they have been ripped away from me again. 40 years with her. Just 3 with my child. Mere seconds to a god, but a lifetime to me. 60 glorious years... turned to dust with a single epiphany.

I've raised a phantom. I've fallen in love with a phantom. I woke up beside a phantom every day for 40 years and felt her smile warm this old fool's heart. But that's all they are, right? Phantoms. Shadows behind the candle of the old world... Perhaps now that I've woken up for properly, they'll fade away too. My price ripped away from me by my own selfish curiosity.

Know this, Old Friends. I destroyed your world. I may not have pulled the trigger. But I loaded the gun. I aimed it. I cocked it. I helped set up the dominoes and I watched them fall from deep within Hell. And now that the veil has been lifted, I will have to live with that guilt with every moment of my miserable exitance, in this world or yours. Your world is dead and gone now. It's been replaced. Even if this Heaven isn't real, even if it is a world of lies or phantoms, you will have to carry the burden of its destruction too. Every life the world has created. Every moment of happiness born from this rewrite will be stripped away by you, and you will do so in the name of familiarity. You don't consult the people of this world before you destroy her, just as I didn't ask for your permission before I helped to destroy yours. Nobody wants to die. Greed- yours and mine- will cost an almost infinite number of lives before our lives flicker out again. When that moment comes, I won't stop it. I won't fight you again. But know that the stolen decision you have made is not without confidence. It's not about love. It's not about heroes. It's about survival. It's about choosing your poison.

I've chosen mine, and I'll stay here, with my ghosts and my phantoms. I pray some of you will join me"

"Oh hey Jiren. Good to see you again. Remember me? Slimy, creepy, fast, strong, every shape and size?"

Ben ponders.

"Hold your horses, Mason. I'm as eager to take this mission on as you are, but maybe we should all do a teeny bit of dillydallying before we go off for the destination. We have to leave this world behind, whether we want to or not, so I think the least we can do is greet and say goodbye to every one of our friends first.

I know where Marian is, Jiren. But, for the record, in this world, she's... uh..."

"Ben... I'm... glad you are alive" Jiren nodded with a heavy heart, sharing the only compliment he knew. "I had hoped we would have a chance to finish our fight here. I had hoped we could settle things with honour, man to man. But the situation has robbed us of time. Know that no matter your choice, I do not and have never hated you. You stood with your faith. I stood with mine. You're convictions were and are admirable. Yet as I said- I am separate myself from your coming campaign. There won't be an all-star revolution" He bowed his head, speaking without malice of intent. Even in the heart of his speech, he tone had never wavered from peaceful. He no longer had a goal or motive. He no longer sought recruitment or surrender from the Survivors. He only sought for them to listen. He smiled the smile of a dying man "I stand by my faith in the grey. This world isn't what I fought for... and I have been fooled into living a lie. But I have no intention of surrendering what Othinus has given me. The joys the people of Avalon feel are real to them, and I do not wish for you to have to endure all I had to. I won't dabble in the manipulation of worlds any longer... I'll work with what I have left. But I wish to leave you with one last request: If, when the time comes, you gain enough power to overcome Othinus, be kind to her. Show her mercy. She has made the world she promised, even if doesn't last forever. Fight with the honour of your Grandfather. Do not sacrifice your spirit in the pursuit of strength. Do not make the mistakes I have"

"Marian... now that is a name I haven't heard in a long time. I am... pleased that Othinus has returned her to this world. She was always a friend... the greatest friend I have ever had... besides that Old Orange Fool. I won't complicate her paradise by invading it. She has given her ending, and I have been given mine... What I am trying to say is that I am glad she is happy. Perhaps all the chaos we caused paid off after all..."
@Ver @York @Lucky @Sark @Alex Azure @Takumi @Kaykay @Yun Lee

"You have to show a god what it means to be human, to your heart /return. Do you understand?"

View attachment 3404
"You're not bearing those sins alone, Touma. We're all here, and we're all making the choice. The thing is, this world isn't something we would create because it lacks that human touch. When a human crafts something, ot has theze tiny imperfections that make it uniquely theirs. You can't make the same painting twice. This Avalon isn't craftsmanship. It isn't art. It's dull and emotionless. The 'happiness' around us drowns out any real emotion."

"I think Othinus can't replicate us. She can't remake our lives and our hearts. Everyone we've seen has been off when Othinus has recreated them, and we've only seen true emotions from those who have slipped through the cracks. Those cracks show that there's some humanity left, and it's unfortunate that we have to make more cracks."

"We're what's left of being human, what Othinus is scared of erasing in case she forgets. I don't think it's a sin to make this decision if that's what we're here to do. Whether it's Othinus, or the Great Spirits, or simply fate, we're here. We were handed the tools to forge our own path."

View attachment 3405
"This may be wishful thinking, but I think the wills of everyone who was erased and rewritten would be for us to challenge Othinus. Nobody wants to be erased. Nobody wants to abandon free will. It just isn't human. Even those who want to die wouldn't want this utopia at the price of their freedom. So, we're making a refund. Return the utopia, restore freedom."

"All the people you're worried sbout harming, wouldn't they feel the same way if our lives were at stake?"

"... I feel the same way too, Schala - parting with our happy, harmonious friends and family that have had differences with us and each other in the past world... to just up and leave them... it's always hard, no matter what colour the world is painted in. The fact that we possess feelings that retaliate in response to loss and seperation, it's evidence that we're instinctively following a full set of emotions - a concept that belongs to and defines a world of colour - the old world we left behind."

Ben, having appeared beside Schala, turns to Jiren with a wave.

IvYU1Y1.jpg

Ben ponders.

He turns to Touma, looking at him directly.

"..."

He looks away and, taking the initiative, he walks for the exit, exchanging a few vague words in response to the enquiry that some might recognise as his signature catchphrase, albeit said in a manner with less joy and more seriousness.

aSm4Ov2.jpg

"... it's hero time."

View attachment 3406
"Sorry Ben. Guess I'm getting a bit carried away. I had everything taken from me once before without me getting a chance to say goodbye. Even when I recieved goodbyes, I never sent any back. Guess I never really learned. I left the Coalition without goodbye. I left the dark place without goodbye. I entered and left the Cell Games without goodbyes on either end."

"Maybe if I don't say it, then I don't have to believe that I'm leaving. I don't want to give my loved ones up again. So I don't think I'll be saying ciao to a world that might just get erased again."

"No...Don't look at me like that" His words were weak and tired, with flashes of fear clinging to everything he said "No... I don't derve that look... I don't deserve your... pity"

"Then I was right. I did this. It was all me." He scrambled to futilely repair his facade of strength, but his image had already fallen apart at the seams. The Powerful Jiren, the warrior how had conquered all foes, even those within his own spirit, had died with his old world. All that remained was the fragile husk of a hero, held up by false memories alone and doomed to perform in a play of lies. He said his lines as if reading from a script, his soul completely detached from his lips "For heaven... this place feels a lot like Hell. The man I was... I like to think he'd be stronger than this... and I think he'd like to think that too. But I lack his power... his will. All I see... All I feel around me... is death. Death in a world that will never die, doomed to suffer a false truth. It's not grey... its black..."

"Even after... Even after doing all I have... All you have told me I have done... All I Remember... I can't leave this behind" The world around him, void of perfection, still danced upon the borders of greatness. There was no war. No hate. No fury. For the first time in Multiversal history- for the first time in any timeline in any world- perpetual peace had finally been found. And in its absence, the people could live. They thrived. They found things worth loving, and they lived. He had done so with his tribe. His Teacher had done so with his students. Belmond remained asleep. Khai continued to create in his absence. The natural order had been re-penned, and it had been re-penned to what he could only describe as a world of sense and spirit: perfection.

Was the Grey. The Grey he had fought for. The Grey he had died for, albeit born with Othinus' own unique spin. Even if it wasn't real, it was more than enough for him. It would have been so easy for him to slip back off into his dream. He could return to his fake life, live out the rest of his days with his fake family, then die a meaningless but content death. Yet something held him back: nagging ache deep with his heart held him in place. Now that he had woken up- now that those razor blades of sunlight had parted his eyes- he could not go back to sleep. He couldn't force the sun back behind the horizon.

"Stay here with me, Schala. Stay with my tribe and my people... this world does not make sense to me... then again, none ever has. But it could be the foundation for something more. Gods or no Gods, every prayer has been answered. We don't have to carry our burdens anymore... we can live our lives- we can all live our lives- free from the evils we have all created. Isn't that what you have always wanted? To protect your Kindom today to let it fall tomorrow? Or to find a way to protect it so that it will never need protecting again?"

"I... The Burden of Truth kills me. Everday. Every day of my life I wake up. I live. I sleep. I wake up to live again. But my cycle is... disturbed. My very being is plagued by the foulest nightmares. Guilt. Regret. Hate. Sin. I believed them to have been evils left behind by that world gone mad. But Schala, you have shown me that they were simply traits that lived within me. Guilt drove me to strength. Strength drove me to regret. Regret drove me to loathe myself, and in my attempts to undo that loathing I sinned. And how I sinned! I killed. I ravaged. I destroyed all that was good in an infected world in the name of a cure"

The dam broke

"I once believed myself to be the last angel in that Hell of a World. I believed that evil had overcome it completely. I saw the sins of man eat away its own saints and heroes. But I had to be sure. I had to be sure that somewhere, out in the mess of stars and spirits, that there was a tide. I had to find that turning point. That moment when the good would reclaim what they were owed. I prayed the underdogs would rise to the challenge, no matter how outnumbered they were. But they couldn't defeat the Old Grey Dog. They couldn't change the ocean's flow. Evil won. The board was reset for a new game.

But even once the pieces were put to the side, I learned the truth I had fought so hard to deny. The evils I had fought to conquer- all the maniacs, madmen and villains- they didn't hide in the heavens or in Knowhere. They lived in me. I was the very thing I needed to destroy. I was passion unrestrained. I was evil. I am evil. I am a villain. It's a fact I cannot ignore. A truth I cannot deny. It is who I am.

Who I was.

Othinus helped to change me. She gave me life anew. She gave me a purpose. A family. Everything I had lacked. And for my service, she took away my pain. All those sins were washed away. Everything I could ever want. Everything I could ever need. She placed it within my fingers... and now... after 60 long years they have been ripped away from me again. 40 years with her. Just 3 with my child. Mere seconds to a god, but a lifetime to me. 60 glorious years... turned to dust with a single epiphany.

I've raised a phantom. I've fallen in love with a phantom. I woke up beside a phantom every day for 40 years and felt her smile warm this old fool's heart. But that's all they are, right? Phantoms. Shadows behind the candle of the old world... Perhaps now that I've woken up for properly, they'll fade away too. My price ripped away from me by my own selfish curiosity.

Know this, Old Friends. I destroyed your world. I may not have pulled the trigger. But I loaded the gun. I aimed it. I cocked it. I helped set up the dominoes and I watched them fall from deep within Hell. And now that the veil has been lifted, I will have to live with that guilt with every moment of my miserable exitance, in this world or yours. Your world is dead and gone now. It's been replaced. Even if this Heaven isn't real, even if it is a world of lies or phantoms, you will have to carry the burden of its destruction too. Every life the world has created. Every moment of happiness born from this rewrite will be stripped away by you, and you will do so in the name of familiarity. You don't consult the people of this world before you destroy her, just as I didn't ask for your permission before I helped to destroy yours. Nobody wants to die. Greed- yours and mine- will cost an almost infinite number of lives before our lives flicker out again. When that moment comes, I won't stop it. I won't fight you again. But know that the stolen decision you have made is not without confidence. It's not about love. It's not about heroes. It's about survival. It's about choosing your poison.

I've chosen mine, and I'll stay here, with my ghosts and my phantoms. I pray some of you will join me"

"Ben... I'm... glad you are alive" Jiren nodded with a heavy heart, sharing the only compliment he knew. "I had hoped we would have a chance to finish our fight here. I had hoped we could settle things with honour, man to man. But the situation has robbed us of time. Know that no matter your choice, I do not and have never hated you. You stood with your faith. I stood with mine. You're convictions were and are admirable. Yet as I said- I am separate myself from your coming campaign. There won't be an all-star revolution" He bowed his head, speaking without malice of intent. Even in the heart of his speech, he tone had never wavered from peaceful. He no longer had a goal or motive. He no longer sought recruitment or surrender from the Survivors. He only sought for them to listen. He smiled the smile of a dying man "I stand by my faith in the grey. This world isn't what I fought for... and I have been fooled into living a lie. But I have no intention of surrendering what Othinus has given me. The joys the people of Avalon feel are real to them, and I do not wish for you to have to endure all I had to. I won't dabble in the manipulation of worlds any longer... I'll work with what I have left. But I wish to leave you with one last request: If, when the time comes, you gain enough power to overcome Othinus, be kind to her. Show her mercy. She has made the world she promised, even if doesn't last forever. Fight with the honour of your Grandfather. Do not sacrifice your spirit in the pursuit of strength. Do not make the mistakes I have"

"Marian... now that is a name I haven't heard in a long time. I am... pleased that Othinus has returned her to this world. She was always a friend... the greatest friend I have ever had... besides that Old Orange Fool. I won't complicate her paradise by invading it. She has given her ending, and I have been given mine... What I am trying to say is that I am glad she is happy. Perhaps all the chaos we caused paid off after all..."
@Ver @York @Lucky @Sark @Alex Azure @Takumi @Kaykay @Yun Lee
View attachment 3404
"You're not bearing those sins alone, Touma. We're all here, and we're all making the choice. The thing is, this world isn't something we would create because it lacks that human touch. When a human crafts something, ot has theze tiny imperfections that make it uniquely theirs. You can't make the same painting twice. This Avalon isn't craftsmanship. It isn't art. It's dull and emotionless. The 'happiness' around us drowns out any real emotion."

"I think Othinus can't replicate us. She can't remake our lives and our hearts. Everyone we've seen has been off when Othinus has recreated them, and we've only seen true emotions from those who have slipped through the cracks. Those cracks show that there's some humanity left, and it's unfortunate that we have to make more cracks."

"We're what's left of being human, what Othinus is scared of erasing in case she forgets. I don't think it's a sin to make this decision if that's what we're here to do. Whether it's Othinus, or the Great Spirits, or simply fate, we're here. We were handed the tools to forge our own path."

View attachment 3405
"This may be wishful thinking, but I think the wills of everyone who was erased and rewritten would be for us to challenge Othinus. Nobody wants to be erased. Nobody wants to abandon free will. It just isn't human. Even those who want to die wouldn't want this utopia at the price of their freedom. So, we're making a refund. Return the utopia, restore freedom."

"All the people you're worried sbout harming, wouldn't they feel the same way if our lives were at stake?"

View attachment 3406
"Sorry Ben. Guess I'm getting a bit carried away. I had everything taken from me once before without me getting a chance to say goodbye. Even when I recieved goodbyes, I never sent any back. Guess I never really learned. I left the Coalition without goodbye. I left the dark place without goodbye. I entered and left the Cell Games without goodbyes on either end."

"Maybe if I don't say it, then I don't have to believe that I'm leaving. I don't want to give my loved ones up again. So I don't think I'll be saying ciao to a world that might just get erased again."

"Jiren..."

Ben grasps upon one of Jiren's hands.

3wsyApk.jpg

"If this is your true, ultimate decision, if you have selected this path with no conflict in your heart, if there is absolutely no way to sway you from it, then I do not wish to rob you of this world you wish to live in. If you truly wish to sit this out, then all I request from you is to live your life out here - live it well and live it healthily. You will be remembered. You will not be forgotten. I will tell of your tale to those who succeed me.

In return, I will heed every one of your mentioned requests. If Othinus is to be labelled as a hero, then I will indeed pick the path of mercy towards her. Unfortunately, there may be one part I cannot comply with. I do need to pursue strength to meet Othinus face-to-face..."

He points to his watch and the light muscle he has on one of his arms.

"... not the strength here..."

He then points to his heart.

"... but the strength right over here."

He briefly turns to Mason.

"I, for one, have to say my goodbyes to Gwen & Kevin. And my Necrofriggian babies. And Noembelu. And Lindel- a lot of people. I will have to tell them that I'll be off an a bit of a trip...

MqiuNlK.jpg

... and that I will see them all very, very soon."

to-aru-majutsu-no-index-964306.jpg

"Aha... What a cruel thing for us to do. But... If this is how we're supposed to save the multiverse, better than Othinus ever could with Gungnir by her side, then I guess we really don't have a choice," Touma said with another self-deprecating laugh, though at least it seemed Macy's words managed to help him accept what had to be done. The boy rose to his feet again and wiped away the tears with his sleeve, lifting up his head to face the window in front of him, and the reality he was going to have to reject. The illusion he had to break.

"It'll be difficult, you know /return. But /backspace then, every important decision always is, isn't it /escape? But if that's what you resolved, then take care not to stray from it /return. Clench your fists, hold your heads up high, and restore the multiverse then /return."

Leaning forward, her hands still crossed behind her back, The Will maintained her smile, ever-present, now like a reassuring older sister. "Regardless of your success or failure, I don't think we'll meet again /return. If you succeed, order will be restored, and I'll no longer be in Avalon /return. If you fail, Othinus will realize her mistake and rewrite people like me -- who exist between life and death -- to be unable to help you anymore /return. You're on your own now, and all someone like I can do is support you from afar /return. Off you go then /return. Bye bye /return."

The Will gave a wave to everyone, and in response, Touma simply nodded, taking a composing breath.

to-aru-majutsu-no-index-964417.jpg

"Let's go, then. If this is the only way our paths will lead down... then we don't have a choice. There's still more to it all yet..." Touma resolved, clenching his fist tightly as he marched to leave the room, and the hotel by extension, not looking back as he accepted to himself what they'd all have to sacrifice, to leave behind.

As Touma led the group back out of the hotel and toward the courtyard again, where the peaceful populace spent their idle time with each other, smiling, laughing blissfully, the boy sighed shakily.

"Okay... I guess if this is the last chance you all get, then you should all say your goodbyes. To the people who aren't supposed to be alive anymore, the people who can't bring themselves to smile back home..." Touma said sorrowfully.

This was your chance now to say goodbye to this world.

Turning to Giorno, the young man with whom Fiamma of the Right and Ollerus had recruited and proven to be one of their most important allies. "Giorno... Whatever that Arrow does to you, I guess it's time to use it now before we go off to fight Othinus. Are you ready?"

Will had broken off from the rest of the group, choosing to grapple with her own thoughts rather than join the team in figuring this world out, even if she was pretty damn sure she knew the answer.

The Keeper sat on the edge of a bell tower, overlooking the city as a whole. The sun was setting behind the horizon, and Will could feel her heart doing the same, falling deeper and deeper into darkness.

"Will... Please listen to me very carefully."

Unlike before, where Will would consult with Xing Jin internally, here she spoke openly. The two were basically sisters at this point in Will's life, filling the void that The Keeper had since she accepted her new role as Guardian. A lot of her new friends had been awestruck by this new world, reuniting with loved ones or romantic prospects. But Will had niether of that here, which only fueled her inner rage even moreso.

"It'd be so easy, wouldn't it?" Will said wistfully.

"It would. For you. This place is nothing short of a paradise."

"You can stop patronizing me, Xing Jin."

"Please, Will! You know me better than that."

"Do I? Look at this place! This is pretty much Heaven for people like me, right? It doesn't matter if none of my friends or loved ones are actually here, right? Do you know why? Because Othinus doesn't know SHIT about me!"

"...Forgive me, Keeper. I misspoke."

Will stood up from her perch and sighed, shaking her head.

"No. I'm sorry. Things have gotten way too complicated now. I've let my anger get the better of me again. Maybe Jiren was right."

"Jiren was wrong. You are the first Keeper to actually go beyond The Veil and into the greater Multiverse. To be honest, I'm just as scared and angry as you sometimes."

Will chuckled a bit and then simply walked off the edge of the tower, feeling the air beneath her wings begin to grow as her magic gave her the power of flight. Unlike when she was younger, her wings were now coated in a layer of Quintessence instead of fluttering like a hummingbird's, alowing Will to be more dynamic in her flight and ariel combat.

"I doubt that. You're a Goddess of Aether. I'm just a squishy, breakable human."

"You are on your own, but you are no longer bound by mortal restraints, as I'm sure recent events have shown."

The Keeper flew above the city, past the hotel and into the markets. Landing nearby, Will saw all sorts of vendors and merchants trying to sell their wares. She walked throughout the crowds, feeling each and every one of their life force, their very souls.

"It's crazy. My powers clearly work. But Othinus is still unstoppable."

"Othinus created this universe. She's going to be as powerful as she needs to be. We cannot face her alone, because then she could just erase us in the blink of an eye."

"...But... I thought we were stronger than her."

"Actually, without the spear or arrow, she is no different than me. Our divine energy is very similar. If I didn't know any better I'd think we were sisters."

"Can't help but think if we went after her the first time, none of this would have happened."

"It's hard to say, Will. We can only deal with what she has left us. If you still wish to oppose her, know that this is likely a road you may be taking alone."

Will purchased a sandwich and soda from a food stand and had flown off to the fountian in the center of the city. There, she began to eat, and returned to her usual way of talking with Xing Jin.

"The others are too soft. They are so preoccupied with the new changes to this place that they're even considering forgiving her. Can you believe that?"

"Othinus has done some heinous crimes against The Multiverse, but perhaps she was right. Maybe all she did want was to eliminate all hate and fear, and give everybody a happy ending. Or, maybe she is still consumed by darkness and created this place as a way to mentally break us until we're nothing more than subserviant zombies."

"I vote for the mindless zombies."

"Nerissa was not so different. I remember when she first turned, her heart was completely consumed. She killed Cassidy so easily, without a second thought after The Heart was taken from her. I fear that in time, Othinus would be the same.She's hapy now, but one day, somehow, she would snap and become exactly what she fought against."

"It's so sad. How could they not see what's right in front of them?"

"If the other Guardians were present, would you be so open to dethroning the very person that brought your sisters to you?"

"Yes. I'm not stupid."

"...."

"Othinus thinks that just giving us what we want is going to silence us, She's wrong. She could bring back everyone in Heatherfield and it would make little difference. I am not some child easily entertained by smoke and mirrors. I know my sisters. I know my boyfriend, I know my parents and my teachers and my friends. Othinus can never hope to recreate that, no matter how many universes she destroyes or creates."

"Your resolve is unwavering, it seems. But can you hope to stand against her alone?"

"I will if I have to. I'm not the hero this city deserves, but I'm the hero this city needs."

"if we face Othinus alone, there is a high chance that we might fail."

"Why the hell not? It's not like we have anything else left to lose."

Will finished her meal and disposed of her trash, then looked to the sky and shot forth, boosting up like a bullet. There was work to be done.

@Lucky @Yun Lee @Kaykay @Hahli Nuva @Jeremi @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Gummi Bunnies @York @Alex Azure @Crow@Takumi @Alex Azure @Sark @Everybody

Last edited:

"Aha... What a cruel thing for us to do. But... If this is how we're supposed to save the multiverse, better than Othinus ever could with Gungnir by her side, then I guess we really don't have a choice," Touma said with another self-deprecating laugh, though at least it seemed Macy's words managed to help him accept what had to be done. The boy rose to his feet again and wiped away the tears with his sleeve, lifting up his head to face the window in front of him, and the reality he was going to have to reject. The illusion he had to break.

"It'll be difficult, you know /return. But /backspace then, every important decision always is, isn't it /escape? But if that's what you resolved, then take care not to stray from it /return. Clench your fists, hold your heads up high, and restore the multiverse then /return."

Leaning forward, her hands still crossed behind her back, The Will maintained her smile, ever-present, now like a reassuring older sister. "Regardless of your success or failure, I don't think we'll meet again /return. If you succeed, order will be restored, and I'll no longer be in Avalon /return. If you fail, Othinus will realize her mistake and rewrite people like me -- who exist between life and death -- to be unable to help you anymore /return. You're on your own now, and all someone like I can do is support you from afar /return. Off you go then /return. Bye bye /return."

The Will gave a wave to everyone, and in response, Touma simply nodded, taking a composing breath.

"Let's go, then. If this is the only way our paths will lead down... then we don't have a choice. There's still more to it all yet..." Touma resolved, clenching his fist tightly as he marched to leave the room, and the hotel by extension, not looking back as he accepted to himself what they'd all have to sacrifice, to leave behind.

As Touma led the group back out of the hotel and toward the courtyard again, where the peaceful populace spent their idle time with each other, smiling, laughing blissfully, the boy sighed shakily.

"Okay... I guess if this is the last chance you all get, then you should all say your goodbyes. To the people who aren't supposed to be alive anymore, the people who can't bring themselves to smile back home..." Touma said sorrowfully.

Turning to Giorno, the young man with whom Fiamma of the Right and Ollerus had recruited and proven to be one of their most important allies. "Giorno... Whatever that Arrow does to you, I guess it's time to use it now before we go off to fight Othinus. Are you ready?"

"Jiren," Grandpa Max smiles at the Grey, "you go live your joys to your fullest."

Meanwhile, it was time for all to say their goodbyes.

"Ben! There you are! We were looking all over for you!"

"Gwen! Kevin!" Ben exclaims. "Good to see you again! Just in time to send me off."

"What for, Tennyson?"

"A trip, a looong trip. Mission, something. You know, the usual."

"Any reason we can't go along?"

"A reason I can't tell you guys - but just know that it won't be a long one. I'll be back before you know it. Grandpa's coming with me, so don't worry too much, OK?"

"The old man, huh? Take care, alright, Tennyson?"

Ben turns to all his other friends.

"Noembelu, Birdie, Lindel, Mrs Libra, Ms Aozaki, SeeU... everyone. I'll be heading off into the horizon for a quest. I'll see you all very soon. Take care, OK?"

He turns to Jiren, a bit teary-eyed.

"Once again, you will be remembered, no matter what."

Soon, he was smothered by the little moth creatures once more.

"Mama! Mama! Mama!"

"Ahahaha! Easy there, little guys!"

Soon, it was time to go.

"Come on Ben," Grandpa Max arrives with an RV by his side, "we're taking the Rustbucket there!"

So...this was it, then. Libra took a deep breath, apprehensive still about all this. Deciding this for the entire multiverse...for everyone given a happy ending, to be the one taking it from them...the guilt he felt was indescribable. But...it had to be done. If they were to make right what Othinus had wronged, if they were to free the Multiverse from her whims and control...it had to be done.

Still, as he left the Hotel, he couldn't shake this feeling inside. And he probably never would, until the day he died. To take away Sumia's family...to leave Gaius' fate up to whatever happened next...to send Luca back into the dismal world she called home...there was nothing he wanted to do less. But it had to be done. It had to.

"Libra! Hey!" Sumia waved to the priest, a happy smile on her face. Blissfully unaware of this all, as everyone else was. "That meeting finally over? What are you all up to?"

"Oh...you'll see soon," Libra replied, smiling weakly.

Sumia giggled. "Ohhh...right. Such a coincidence that your anniversary is coming up! Hee hee!"

"Er...indeed." Oh Gods, give me strength... "I fear I need to leave for a bit longer, but I will be back soon." I won't. I'm so sorry.

"Oh, sure! I'll see you around, okay?"

Libra nodded, smiling at Sumia and Lindel. "You are both admirable people. Please...remember that."

"Wow, Gaius is right. You DO talk weird!" Sumia giggled, putting her hand on Libra's arm. "But of course I'll remember that! You remember it too, okay?"

He nodded. "I will." Even though he was anything but admirable, for all he had done. Turning to Luca, Libra took a deep breath. "I...I think about you every day, and I doubt that will never stop until the end of time. Take care..." He added, "...until I get back."

He didn't kiss her. Even if she was his wife here, she wasn't his to kiss. Instead, he gently placed his hand on her cheek, smiling sadly at her. When they had bid farewell to each other, during the Faust Incident, she had done the same, and it had meant the world to him. He could only hope that she could feel what he had.

"I...I must get going," he said, excusing himself. As he turned, he found himself face to face with someone familiar. Gaius. A friend who had died for no reason, who had fueled wrath in Libra he had never allowed before. But seeing Gaius here, remembering his defeat, Libra felt himself filled with another emotion, one that had come up constantly for many, if not all of their group.

Resolve.

"Gaius, I..." He paused, mouth going dry. "I..." What does he say? That he's sorry? That he hopes he will still survive? "...I hope to see you soon." There. That was...all he could bear to say.

Libra hastily returned to the Hotel, unable to bear another moment in that courtyard. But he did take one last moment before entering the building. Falling to his knees, Libra bowed his head, closed his eyes, and began to pray.

"Oh Gods...forgive me for not seeking your council throughout this ordeal. Thank you, for protecting us thus far, and providing us this chance to make things right. Please guide us to make the right decisions, and to save everyone...and forgive us for denying them this paradise. Amen."

That done, he rejoined the group. "I...now...I think I am ready."

Giorno listened silently as the group eventually came to an agreement on what they must do. Despite the heavy air that followed the scarred heroes as they exited the hotel, Giorno had a soft smile firmly fixated on his face. The feeling of the Arrow returning to his grasp again, after what felt like forever... it was nice. The overwhelming sense of hope he felt coincidide with the group's reinvigorated purpose.

Some people were prepared, or hyping themselves up for a final confrontation.

Others were doubtful, even tearful, at this outcome.

Giorno Giovanna couldn't relate to either. He'd be lying if he said he was excited or even that invigorated to confront Othinus again, but it'd be an even bigger lie to say that he had even the tiniest trace of doubt in his mind about this. Giorno stood at the center of the courtyard, his neck craned upward as he took another breath of fresh air from this imperfect world.

It is at it should be. This is the logical conclusion, he thought. It was like reading a book or watching a movie for the second time, knowing the ending despite how exciting or dramatic it may be. Some characters may die, and things might change, but you already know that this is the true ending - it came as written. How could someone get excited, or regretful about an ending that they already knew was coming?

The don shook his head. He's thinking like he has all of the cards and knew that his journey would lead him to this point, but he really didn't.

He just took it in stride. That is another thing he learned from Jotaro Kujo.

"Hey."

tumblr_nqo3b6xrPr1tc1kmmo8_250.png

Giorno snapped back to reality as a voice interrupted his trance. Jotaro stood over him, his hand landing upon his shoulder. "Did they figure it out?"

Giorno nodded. "Yes... we're approaching the end game, now," he said as he gestured in the direction of a winding path through the city of Avalon, where Othinus would be waiting for them at the edge of the city. "We'll have to destroy this world. Guess I'll have to do what was planned."

"..."

"...Jotaro."

"Hm?"

"Why weren't you at the meeting?"

The question froze the man for a second, but he raised a head to his cap and, as he always did, tilted it downward to hide his expression. A small smile peeked from the shade. "I had to catch up with some friends of mine. I knew we'd come to this point one way or another, so I already said my goodbyes."

Giorno peered over Jotaro's shoulder, looking to where the man was standing a few minutes prior. The silhouettes of several tall men, and what looked like a small dog, were walking off, vanishing into the heart of the city. They were too far away for Giorno to recognize their faces. Jotaro didn't bother looking back at them either. Instead, he opted to stare up at the sunset and release a heavy sigh.

"Giorno... Whatever that Arrow does to you, I guess it's time to use it now before we go off to fight Othinus. Are you ready?"

"Let's get this over with."

Jotaro didn't look at Giorno as he said that, but the don knew what he meant. Along with Touma's request, the blonde-haired boy wielding the Arrow nodded to both of them. Jotaro dug his hands into his pockets, wordlessly taking a few cautionary steps away from Giorno and motioning for Touma to do the same.

There was no soul among the group that could predict what the Arrow could do. Even now, after so many years of it being chased and wielded by men of varying ambitions and goals... it still falls into the hands of Giorno Giovanna. The decision to use this artifact was his and his only, for it was his artifact.

Or rather, it was an artifact that represented Giorno Giovanna in its purest form.

It represented the people whom Giorno Giovanna met - enemy and ally alike.

It represented the places Giorno Giovanna walked through - from the breezy nostalgic air of Naples, through the twisting realms and dimensions of a certain crisis, to the warm and melancholic sunset of Avalon.

It represented the ideals that Giorno Giovanna embodied - to have a dream and pursue that dream despite any and all adversity. To push on against the barrier of lies, evil, and deceit with only RESOLVE and TRUTH as your weapons.

And now it will stand as a testament to Giorno Giovanna's willpower. The power to make such a difficult decision is rewarded to those with the strongest wills.

Gold Experience emerged from Giorno, floating behind him and staring ahead with the boy as he raised the Arrow upward to look upon it one last time.

4d6b19b75477b413caa9412f3fad4456.png

"I..."

"...Giorno Giovanna..."

"...have a dream!"

c022bec857cdf18c7a7b3dcd06f322d2.png

"A dream to bring 'truth' back to the multiverse!"

SHNK!

923de52b4002a2317bf62c8b4e02761e.png

Giorno thrust the Arrow downward, in the same manner as when he attempted to awaken Requiem during the battle with Pucci (the one that nearly resulted in his death). However, with no priest to stop the boy's advance this time, the golden-tipped Arrow sailed through the air like a knife through butter. Gold Experience phased through Giorno's body and the Arrow found itself within the grasp of his Stand instead, piercing its torso with a loud, distinct noise.

As soon as the arrowhead impacted with Gold Experience's shell, a blinding light and brilliant light shone from the Stand's chest. It expands outward like an explosion, drenching the entire courtyard and its inhabitants in a blinding golden light that threatened to burn everyone's eyes out if they didn't shield themselves from Gold Experience. Those who were close enough could see Giorno himself frozen in the center of the supernova. His eyes were glazed over and empty, almost as if he was dead.

The sound of Giorno yelling and the light humming was suddenly overridden by a percussive beat that resonated from Gold Experience's chest. It was slow at first but began to pick up speed as the Stand convulsed violently to the tune of its rapid heartbeat.

Ba-dum.

Ba-dum.

Ba-dum.

Ba-dum. Ba-dum.

Ba-DUM, Ba-DUM, BA-DUM.

BA-DUM BA-DUM BA-DUM BA-DUM

BADUMBADUMBADUMBADUMBADUMBADUMBADUM--

WHOOOSH!

A shockwave suddenly blew outwards from where Giorno and his Stand stood, throwing everyone who wasn't prepared for it onto the ground of the courtyard. The blinding light slowly subsided, as did the intense ringing in one's ears as the loud and jarring heartbeat abruptly halted after the shockwave. When those nearby got up...

Giorno Giovanna, wreathed in a crackling aura of golden energy, stood upright, calmly staring at the sunset while something else floated alongside him.

Something new.

Something powerful.

"This... is Gold Experience Requiem."

18b.jpg

Gold Experience Requiem posed alongside its new master, sporting an appearance that could accurately be described as 'alien', compared to what its previous form looked like. Its 'carapace' was sleek, yet adorned with different pieces, bumps and textures that made it look like a creature from another dimension. The Arrow seemed to find itself fixated to the Stand's forehead, still humming with an otherworldly energy.

As it floated with Giorno, the two figures seemed to be permanently shrouded by a visible aura of golden energy that radiated with power. Small pieces of rocks, debris and grass from the ground floated upwards as Giorno walked across it, his Stand energy trailing behind him like fire.

"Finish your goodbyes, everyone."

"Then, we shall begin."

Giorno's voice now carried a bizarre echo that rang through both the ears and minds of the courtyard's inhabitants. The boy took a stance towards the exit of the courtyard, leading to where Othinus said she'd wait for the group.

Jotaro Kujo did the same.

"Let's go then."

Leivinia spoke simply, but solemnly. There wasn't much to be said. She didn't have words to comfort people. Nor did she have words to inspire the rest of them. Farewells too were unnecessary as she'd deliberately avoided the familiar sights of this new world. Honestly, she didn't know if she could bear taking away Patricia's happiness if she saw it with her own eyes.

So she saved her words. Rather than speaking, she'd simply let her actions do the work. There'd be plenty of talking to do later when they showed Othinus what it meant to be human after all.

She drew her wand and walked to the courtyard.

Giorno listened silently as the group eventually came to an agreement on what they must do. Despite the heavy air that followed the scarred heroes as they exited the hotel, Giorno had a soft smile firmly fixated on his face. The feeling of the Arrow returning to his grasp again, after what felt like forever... it was nice. The overwhelming sense of hope he felt coincidide with the group's reinvigorated purpose.

Some people were prepared, or hyping themselves up for a final confrontation.

Others were doubtful, even tearful, at this outcome.

Giorno Giovanna couldn't relate to either. He'd be lying if he said he was excited or even that invigorated to confront Othinus again, but it'd be an even bigger lie to say that he had even the tiniest trace of doubt in his mind about this. Giorno stood at the center of the courtyard, his neck craned upward as he took another breath of fresh air from this imperfect world.

It is at it should be. This is the logical conclusion, he thought. It was like reading a book or watching a movie for the second time, knowing the ending despite how exciting or dramatic it may be. Some characters may die, and things might change, but you already know that this is the true ending - it came as written. How could someone get excited, or regretful about an ending that they already knew was coming?

The don shook his head. He's thinking like he has all of the cards and knew that his journey would lead him to this point, but he really didn't.

He just took it in stride. That is another thing he learned from Jotaro Kujo.

"Hey."

tumblr_nqo3b6xrPr1tc1kmmo8_250.png

Giorno snapped back to reality as a voice interrupted his trance. Jotaro stood over him, his hand landing upon his shoulder. "Did they figure it out?"

Giorno nodded. "Yes... we're approaching the end game, now," he said as he gestured in the direction of a winding path through the city of Avalon, where Othinus would be waiting for them at the edge of the city. "We'll have to destroy this world. Guess I'll have to do what was planned."

"..."

"...Jotaro."

"Hm?"

"Why weren't you at the meeting?"

The question froze the man for a second, but he raised a head to his cap and, as he always did, tilted it downward to hide his expression. A small smile peeked from the shade. "I had to catch up with some friends of mine. I knew we'd come to this point one way or another, so I already said my goodbyes."

Giorno peered over Jotaro's shoulder, looking to where the man was standing a few minutes prior. The silhouettes of several tall men, and what looked like a small dog, were walking off, vanishing into the heart of the city. They were too far away for Giorno to recognize their faces. Jotaro didn't bother looking back at them either. Instead, he opted to stare up at the sunset and release a heavy sigh.

"Let's get this over with."

Jotaro didn't look at Giorno as he said that, but the don knew what he meant. Along with Touma's request, the blonde-haired boy wielding the Arrow nodded to both of them. Jotaro dug his hands into his pockets, wordlessly taking a few cautionary steps away from Giorno and motioning for Touma to do the same.

There was no soul among the group that could predict what the Arrow could do. Even now, after so many years of it being chased and wielded by men of varying ambitions and goals... it still falls into the hands of Giorno Giovanna. The decision to use this artifact was his and his only, for it was his artifact.

Or rather, it was an artifact that represented Giorno Giovanna in its purest form.

It represented the people whom Giorno Giovanna met - enemy and ally alike.

It represented the places Giorno Giovanna walked through - from the breezy nostalgic air of Naples, through the twisting realms and dimensions of a certain crisis, to the warm and melancholic sunset of Avalon.

It represented the ideals that Giorno Giovanna embodied - to have a dream and pursue that dream despite any and all adversity. To push on against the barrier of lies, evil, and deceit with only RESOLVE and TRUTH as your weapons.

And now it will stand as a testament to Giorno Giovanna's willpower. The power to make such a difficult decision is rewarded to those with the strongest wills.

Gold Experience emerged from Giorno, floating behind him and staring ahead with the boy as he raised the Arrow upward to look upon it one last time.

4d6b19b75477b413caa9412f3fad4456.png

"I..."

"...Giorno Giovanna..."

"...have a dream!"

c022bec857cdf18c7a7b3dcd06f322d2.png

"A dream to bring 'truth' back to the multiverse!"

SHNK!

923de52b4002a2317bf62c8b4e02761e.png

Giorno thrust the Arrow downward, in the same manner as when he attempted to awaken Requiem during the battle with Pucci (the one that nearly resulted in his death). However, with no priest to stop the boy's advance this time, the golden-tipped Arrow sailed through the air like a knife through butter. Gold Experience phased through Giorno's body and the Arrow found itself within the grasp of his Stand instead, piercing its torso with a loud, distinct noise.

As soon as the arrowhead impacted with Gold Experience's shell, a blinding light and brilliant light shone from the Stand's chest. It expands outward like an explosion, drenching the entire courtyard and its inhabitants in a blinding golden light that threatened to burn everyone's eyes out if they didn't shield themselves from Gold Experience. Those who were close enough could see Giorno himself frozen in the center of the supernova. His eyes were glazed over and empty, almost as if he was dead.

The sound of Giorno yelling and the light humming was suddenly overridden by a percussive beat that resonated from Gold Experience's chest. It was slow at first but began to pick up speed as the Stand convulsed violently to the tune of its rapid heartbeat.

Ba-dum.

Ba-dum.

Ba-dum.

Ba-dum. Ba-dum.

Ba-DUM, Ba-DUM, BA-DUM.

BA-DUM BA-DUM BA-DUM BA-DUM

BADUMBADUMBADUMBADUMBADUMBADUMBADUM--

WHOOOSH!

A shockwave suddenly blew outwards from where Giorno and his Stand stood, throwing everyone who wasn't prepared for it onto the ground of the courtyard. The blinding light slowly subsided, as did the intense ringing in one's ears as the loud and jarring heartbeat abruptly halted after the shockwave. When those nearby got up...

Giorno Giovanna, wreathed in a crackling aura of golden energy, stood upright, calmly staring at the sunset while something else floated alongside him.

Something new.

Something powerful.

"This... is Gold Experience Requiem."

18b.jpg

Gold Experience Requiem posed alongside its new master, sporting an appearance that could accurately be described as 'alien', compared to what its previous form looked like. Its 'carapace' was sleek, yet adorned with different pieces, bumps and textures that made it look like a creature from another dimension. The Arrow seemed to find itself fixated to the Stand's forehead, still humming with an otherworldly energy.

As it floated with Giorno, the two figures seemed to be permanently shrouded by a visible aura of golden energy that radiated with power. Small pieces of rocks, debris and grass from the ground floated upwards as Giorno walked across it, his Stand energy trailing behind him like fire.

"Finish your goodbyes, everyone."

"Then, we shall begin."

Giorno's voice now carried a bizarre echo that rang through both the ears and minds of the courtyard's inhabitants. The boy took a stance towards the exit of the courtyard, leading to where Othinus said she'd wait for the group.

Jotaro Kujo did the same.

Friends huh? Just like her dad, ignoring all the important stuff to do literally everything else. Jolyne peeked over to where Giorno was looking but they were already gone. She looked over to her father, from his lips escaped the heaviest of sighs. One of loss and anguish. Jolyne realized that despite his stone faced exterior, emotions were welling up like a powerful torrent.

Was this what Jotaro had tried to keep away from her? While finally Jolyne understood what her father had gone through, she didn't understand why. As they started walking towards the courtyard Jotaro once again felt Jolyne's hand in his. This time however it felt somehow...gentler. "When this is over." In Jolyne's mind there was no failure or bad endings. They would crawl through this sick obstacle course Othinus had created and back to where they had started. "I think we're going to have to talk about stuff..." She looked up into her dads face with a hint of sadness in her eyes. "You think we can do that?"

@CrunchyCHEEZIT @Ver @Lucky @Yun Lee @Kaykay @Hahli Nuva @Jeremi @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Gummi Bunnies @York @Alex Azure @Crow @Takumi @Sark @Everybody

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back