Status
Not open for further replies.
Rita Hanson

Rita tilted her head.

During their conversation, one of these strange beings landed on Leivinia's head. The trio was probably too deep in thought with their conversation to notice for now.

"That does make sense, not a lot but a little. Also, it looks like one of those flying bugs that Ben called his children landed on you...." she said, gesturing since she didn't know her name.

@Ver @Kaykay @Yun Lee @Crow

Phil Connors

Phil gestured over to Rita and then back at the kid. If Max looked, he could see hints of Rita in PJ too. " Yup, spitting image," he replied.

@Crow

"Maybe so, but... Is it really our place to decide that? Do we get to say that their happiness is wrong? It's not like it's any illusion or trick. They're all... real. Happy. Saved..." Touma said, his expression still visibly troubled, though he at least took the trouble to try to wave away the little creature on Leivinia's head. "Hope it doesn't think you're its mom..."

"So then... How might that reflect what you intend to do from here?" The voice of Othinus suddenly rang through the air, addressing Rita directly as the Magic God suddenly appeared again.

As the woman suddenly appeared at the courtyard, hoping to garner everyone's attention, some might notice that those who resided within the new world drew little attention to Othinus herself, not seeming to notice her, but also not questioning anyone as they would turn toward her. Fiddling idly with Gungnir in her hand while Giorno's Arrow hung from her hip, she continued speaking, as she oft did.

"Has your choice changed? Has your path diverged? Has your decision become clearer?" She asked everyone, practically daring them to answer. To affirm the nature of this world, or to reject the happiness of the multiverse.

@Lucky @Yun Lee @Kaykay @Hahli Nuva @Jeremi @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Gummi Bunnies @York @Alex Azure @Crow @Takumi @Alex Azure @Everybody

Phil Connors and Rita Hanson

" I was about to ask you the same question. You never answered us earlier. Why do you want this happy and perfect world? What did you get out of it? You literally killed people at the snap of your fingers, what makes you different? Why the change of heart?"

Surprising even Othinus herself possibly, " I'm not a big fan of the happiest place on earth, so not exactly working for you. That's something that's changed. As I said before, but perhaps you weren't listening, everything happens, but I've always been more interested in what happens after. And this after just feels devoid of something and I realize what it is. It's conflict, it's emotions, it's the fact that without sadness, the true happiness feels unearned, unwarranted. True happiness isn't just feeling for or empathizing. It's relating to their pain, their struggles, their grief. All the things that make us human, that make life boundless yet infinite."

@Ver @Yun Lee @Kaykay @Hahli Nuva @Jeremi @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Gummi Bunnies @York @Alex Azure @Crow @Takumi @Alex Azure @Everybody

"Maybe so, but... Is it really our place to decide that? Do we get to say that their happiness is wrong? It's not like it's any illusion or trick. They're all... real. Happy. Saved..." Touma said, his expression still visibly troubled, though he at least took the trouble to try to wave away the little creature on Leivinia's head. "Hope it doesn't think you're its mom..."

"So then... How might that reflect what you intend to do from here?" The voice of Othinus suddenly rang through the air, addressing Rita directly as the Magic God suddenly appeared again.

As the woman suddenly appeared at the courtyard, hoping to garner everyone's attention, some might notice that those who resided within the new world drew little attention to Othinus herself, not seeming to notice her, but also not questioning anyone as they would turn toward her. Fiddling idly with Gungnir in her hand while Giorno's Arrow hung from her hip, she continued speaking, as she oft did.

"Has your choice changed? Has your path diverged? Has your decision become clearer?" She asked everyone, practically daring them to answer. To affirm the nature of this world, or to reject the happiness of the multiverse.

@Lucky @Yun Lee @Kaykay @Hahli Nuva @Jeremi @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Gummi Bunnies @York @Alex Azure @Crow @Takumi @Alex Azure @Everybody

"To that I have to ask - what choice? What path? What decision?"

Ben, still near Schala, turns to Othinus.

"Everything's handed to us on a nice gold platter. If this world is the ideal according to your eyes- eye, why do you question the need to choose? The need to take a path to diverge, if we're already at the ideal destination? The need to make decisions to avoid risk and disadvantage, concepts in an unideal world?

qVSiSmx.jpg

I know you're looking for an answer soon, Othinus, but sometimes, god, mortal, or whatever, some things aren't definite, some things just... aren't easy or straightforward, and just can't come on the whim.

Look, I actually kinda appreciate what you did for us, and I'm glad you let me see my friends & family, but I don't know how it'll be in the long run until it actually happens...

... wait."

Ben slaps his Omnitrix down.

lpsnYuJ.jpg

"Clockverk! Zoo not verry, I am not using my powers to harm, but to help. Usually, zis particular power allows me to gaze upon ze past to find evidence, but I vill see if it can let me see ze future."

Clockwork spins its key about as it begins to channel sped-up green-hued holograms depicting Avalon from now. Only those Othinus were speaking to, and Othinus herself, could envision these holograms. However, these very holograms began to split apart into seperate 3-dimensional zones, reflecting splitting timelines.

This ability allowed them all to see many possible futures of Othinus' utopia through hologram, but to what point?

"Ugh..." Clockwork holds his head as more splits were being shown. "I zoo not know how much longer... I can zoo zis... I want us all to know ze truth of ze future, both you and us, Othinus."

@Ver @York @Kaykay @Takumi @etcetcetc​

UTkta4T.jpg

"Prrrr hmmmrrr~"

During their conversation, one of these strange beings landed on Leivinia's head. The trio was probably too deep in thought with their conversation to notice for now.

@Ver @Yun Lee @Kaykay @Lucky

"Mama? Not Mama?"

Another would land on Ruth's head. Despite it being so far away from any form of Universal Translator, he could comprehend its basic baby-level language. This one must've been drawn to the very specific Omnitrix energies he had in him.

@Takumi

"Never saw you as the fatherly type, Phil," Grandpa Max comments, "wonder where his mom went. All I can say is - he definitely has your look."

@Lucky

Ruth tilted his head a bit.

"No, not Mama." He replied, though didn't make a move to remove the little moth like creature. He wasn't bothered by it sitting on his head however.

"Oh, definitely." Libra smiled at Luca, even more panicked internally than before, now that babies had come into the picture. "Er...Perhaps we should avoid a name that starts with L. I can only imagine how much Lindel would get on my case for that..."

Sumia clapped excitedly. "Oooh, you two will have the cutest babies! And we can schedule playdates, vacations...you're practically siblings of mine as it is!"

@Ver

---

"What's even the point of understanding one another, anyways?" Severa huffed. "Wouldn't peace and love lose their meaning if they never left? There's no fun in life if you're happy all the time! Or...maybe there is. I don't know. I bet if we'd been rewritten, we'd all be chipper and happy. Heck, even that Marian chick was all nice and kind!" Severa sighed, crossing her arms in thought. "...it makes me wonder...if this was Othinus' goal in the first place...why side with bad guys? I mean, I know nothing about those Revanchist mooks, but aren't they, like...evil? What did they have to gain from all this? Like that DIO guy Pucci couldn't stop worshipping. He doesn't sound like the kind that'd enjoy this kind of world." Ugh, there were so many things wrong! Could thry really just wrap it all up neatly with a bow and call this happily ever after?

"...thanks, Touma. You're fine this way, too."

@Ver @Kaykay @Lucky

"That I would." Lindel said with a click of his tongue. "A little Libra with a name starting with L would be amusing, but also like a joke that won't end." He commented.

"Ah, Geneva might find it amusing...or mortifying." He added offhandedly.

tumblr_inline_p7gbj45cdt1sjp02i_100.jpg

"Geneva...?"

Literally who?

Chise was confused.

@Ver @Yun Lee @Crow

258607.jpg

"You misunderstand, human,"
Othinus shook her head to Rita, "It is not I who desires this world. This world -- this multiverse -- was created from the hopes and wishes that your kind harbors deep down. A wish to be saved, for everyone to be saved. A way where people can co-exist without conflict, and I have granted it to you."

"So that when I return to the beginning, there will be something left, just in case. A world you would never want to leave, those who were left over from the last phase to ever exist. A reference point to that which the phases were left behind last. This gesture to save everyone in the multiverse was just as easy to do as killing everyone. If you build something so easily, you wouldn't have such an issue destroying it just as easily either, after all."

To Phil, she shrugged one arm toward him. "And yet, you were willing to betray those you worked with to achieve that dream. Do not tell me... Erasing your trauma has given you a certain clarity and moral code suddenly? How fickle of you," she went on, "You may decide that this world is not worth living in, but are you bold enough to decide that for the rest of the multiverse? By rejecting it, are you deciding for the rest of the entire multiverse that their happiness here is a sham? After all, it is as real as you and I, because the power of a god wills it so."

"But I still don't get it!" Touma exclaimed, balling his palms into fists tightly as he echoed Rita's sentiment, "Why do you want to go back to the previous phases? What is all--?!"

WHOOSH!

Othinus suddenly swung her arm horizontally through the air, an invisible gust of energy reverberating through the air before afflicting Ben, suddenly causing him to revert back to his normal state. However, if nothing else, he was able to retain something from the futures he attempted to read.

In every future, the utopia Othinus had created remained static for the rest of its existence, for its people. However, there were many things that different in every possible future, but they were fleeting memories, vague and unknown, whether or not due to the influence of the Magic God's powers.

In some futures, there was the possibility that the group would remain within this utopia and remain with their loved ones. In others, they rejected such a world and continued to oppose Othinus. In both umbrella scenarios, there was not much to look toward later on, as everything went black shortly. As though time itself ceased to exist from then on.

In one future, the timeline looped indefinitely, the group unknowingly repeatedly going through the same events over and over again.

In only one future was a conceivable outcome in which they triumphed.

But what that outcome was, Othinus wiped away the hologram before anyone could see.

"Let me ask you more clearly then, Ben Tennyson. Would you all intend to remain within this world where everyone was saved? To let yourself rest and appreciate the happiness that you could never give your loved ones? Or will you reject them all for a chance to oppose me? Will you throw away the smiles of everyone you've ever known to oppose me, the gaps in our power aside? And for what purpose would you oppose me? You label me as a villain because I killed everyone in this multiverse, but what of when I save everyone in the multiverse? Without any organization to command you, what do you intend to do now?"

"..."

Touma couldn't answer Othinus's question. In all good conscience, the boy couldn't make that decision on his own. He couldn't determine that the happiness of other people here were "fake." He couldn't know if it was the right thing to sacrifice everyone's only chance, even if it could just as easily be taken away again on a whim.

And he couldn't know if everyone else was ready for that kind of responsibility, so much so that they might have denied how "real" the power of a Magic God was.

"It appears you are all still conflicted on that. Perhaps more time is needed..."

She turned her back again against everyone again.

"Geneva is me!" A redheaded woman arrived, hugging Lindel's arm. "You must be...uhhhh..." She glanced at Lindel. "Psst! Is that one Chise or Ruth?"

Libra chose not to speak up as he listened to Othinus say her peace. Could they truly decide this for everyone? They were all so happy now...not just his own desires were fulfilled. Luca was happy, able to live a life free of cruelty. Sumia had the man of her dreams, and was starting a family she'd always wanted. Lindel, Geneva, Miki...they were all happy now. Even if it was suddenly granted by Othinus...it was real, wasn't it? A true peace. Heaven on Earth.

Who was he to take that away?

The priest sighed, then gently squeezed Luca's hand. Perhaps...

".........."

---

"What is she talking about, 'going back to the beginning?'" Severa asked Touma and Leivinia. What was Othinus trying to accomplish, anyway? There had to be more to this!

@Ver @Lucky @Yun Lee @Kaykay @Hahli Nuva @Jeremi @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Gummi Bunnies @York @Alex Azure @Crow @Takumi @Alex Azure @Everybody

"I wasn't exactly within any of the organizations to begin with, Othinus, so I can say that what I would've done with or without them are one and the same..."

... but what was that which he would've done?

As Othinus turns her back away to give all more time, Ben decides to ask a question to those he had previously been in events with. In a time when he had no answer of his own, what better way to draw one than from a friend?
"Jotaro...
... Ms Aozaki...
... SeeU...
... Buddy...
... Giorno...
... Noembelu...
... Birdie...
... Schala...
... Lindel...
... Sumia...
... Libra...
... Mrs Libra...
... Little Bug Guy whose name I never really got...
... Will...
... Mason..."

Ben Tennyson smiles lightly at his friends(or acquaintances for that matter) as he addresses them. It wasn't the adventurous kind, or the mischievious kind, it was the kind that came from the deepest depths of the heart.

fcYYCWm.jpg

"... you know, I'm sure some of you guys might've heard a very particular catchphrase from me when we spent time together in fancy places and weird places and fun places and all that, be it Gotham or some weird netherworld place or whatever, but a thought just rushed into my head, a thought that just made me realise that my catchphrase kind of sounds stupid if I don't really know what on Earth I'm saying... ahahaha...

So... I don't know if this is the best time, but I thought I'd ask you all...

... what is a hero, and when is it hero time?"

@Ver @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Yun Lee @York @Takumi @Hahli Nuva @Alex Azure

"I wasn't exactly within any of the organizations to begin with, Othinus, so I can say that what I would've done with or without them are one and the same..."

As Othinus turns her back away to give all more time, Ben decides to ask a question to those he had previously been in events with. In a time when he had no answer of his own, what better way to draw one than from a friend?
"Jotaro...
... Ms Aozaki...
... SeeU...
... Buddy...
... Giorno...
... Noembelu...
... Birdie...
... Schala...
... Lindel...
... Sumia...
... Libra...
... Mrs Libra...
... Will...
... Mason..."

Ben Tennyson smiles lightly at his friends(or acquaintances for that matter) as he addresses them. It wasn't the adventurous kind, or the mischievious kind, it was the kind that came from the deepest depths of the heart.

fcYYCWm.jpg

"... you know, I'm sure some of you guys might've heard a very particular catchphrase from me when we spent time together in fancy places and weird places and fun places and all that, be it Gotham or some weird netherworld place or whatever, but a thought just rushed into my head, a thought that just made me realise that my catchphrase kind of sounds stupid if I don't really know what on Earth I'm saying... ahahaha...

Will fixed Ben with a serious look, finally deciding to break her vow of silence. This anger, the sheer fury she had bottled up since arriving here had finally met its apex and would come bursting forth like a massive flood no matter if Ben and the others were ready to hear it.

"Heroes are the chosen few. The ones who need to stand up for others when they can't stand up for themselves. Heroes fight for the rights of the innocent and have a spiritual duty to cleanse the universe of evil no matter what form it takes. We failed that duty, Ben. "

Will procceeded to look at the rest of the group that had accompanied Ben, making damn sure they heard her too.

"All of us failed not only the universe and the people we cared about, but ourselves as well. You can all enjoy this piece of shit illusion game that Othinus has created and try to justify her methods by saying she just needs to be reasoned with or understood somehow. But I never will. I'm just as much a fialure as the rest of you and until Othinus answers for her crimes in blood I will NEVER rest."

The Keeper huffed and averted her gaze to the sky, letting her words sink in. It felt good to let all of her feelings out. Maybe Mr. Collins was right.

She needed a hobby.

@Ver @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Yun Lee @York @Takumi @Crow @Alex Azure

"I myself have been studying the concept. Haven't stepped out of my universe too much since then, though, maybe once or twice," the girl, recognised by Schala as Cagliostro, responds, "I'm more of an indoors type of girl, you know that~ teehee~. My new pupil, less so. Maybe she'll start worldhopping in her Master's footsteps."

Cagliostro notices Schala's attention turned to someone else and pouts.

Ben turns to Chise.

MYWrv46.jpg

"Two words - Vampire Hunters. You didn't tell anyone, Lindel?"

In response to Noembelu's question, he responds, "let's see... Gotham hijinks, our first time together... spooky dark fantasy zone... the Neo Cell games... don't remember an Amir in any of them. That means it's our first time officially meeting."

HkwgBHm.jpg

"But Naegi does..." Nono adds, "Naegi remembers Amir."

Nono smiles as the jovial Sumo E. Honda rolls in.

"H- Honda-san! You almost scared Naegi. Thank you Honda-san... Naegi is doing good today, having a spent a good hour or two with her friends to find her parents," Nono points towords a group near Mason. "Time with friends is always good."

Nono has one of the 'Little Chills' surrounding Ben perch on a finger like a bird.

"What are these called?"

Just then, Ben hears Schala exclaim towards something - or rather, someone.

"... Jiren! You're... You're here!"

"... excuse me for a moment, everyone," Ben adds, "I'll be back in a very short while."

Ben runs towards Schala's position to have a better sight of Jiren. Did she really see him? Was Jiren really there? A gray alien couldn't be hard to miss in the slightest...

"Who's this guy, your boyfriend?" Cagliostro asks as Ben barges into the fray near her & Schala. "He reeks of moon people - and he's a moth magnet apparently - moths out of this world."

Ben was too busy looming his eyes for Jiren's presence to even hear what Cagliostro had said. One of the Little Chills smacks itself onto Cagliostro's face like a facehugger.

"Hrm..."

"Foolish offworlder, you think I can't just make a new body after you overtake this one? I am honoured that you recognise my power to choose me as a host, but you are biting off more than you can chew! Feel the might of Cagliostro! Ahahaha!"

Despite such dialogue, Cagliostro was trying to pull the persistent little fella away from her own face.

"... you're feeling it, you're feeling it."

@Ver @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Yun Lee @Takumi @Alex Azure @York @Sark @etcetcetc​

"To that I have to ask - what choice? What path? What decision?"

Ben, still near Schala, turns to Othinus.

"Everything's handed to us on a nice gold platter. If this world is the ideal according to your eyes- eye, why do you question the need to choose? The need to take a path to diverge? The need to make decisions to avoid risk and disadvantage, concepts in an unideal world?

qVSiSmx.jpg

I know you're looking for an answer soon, Othinus, but sometimes, god, mortal, or whatever, some things aren't definite, some things just... aren't easy or straightforward, and just can't come on the whim.

Look, I actually kinda appreciate what you did for us, and I'm glad you let me see the hatchlings I laid a year and a half back, but I don't know how it'll be in the long run until it actually happens...

... wait."

Ben slaps his Omnitrix down.

lpsnYuJ.jpg

"Clockverk! Zoo not verry, I am not using my powers to harm, but to help. Usually, zis particular power allows me to gaze upon ze past to find evidence, but I vill see if it can let me see ze future."

Clockwork spins its key about as it begins to channel sped-up green-hued holograms depicting Avalon from now. Only those Othinus were speaking to, and Othinus herself, could envision these holograms. However, these very holograms began to split apart into seperate 3-dimensional zones, reflecting splitting timelines.

This ability allowed them all to see many possible futures of Othinus' utopia through hologram.

"Ugh..." Clockwork holds his head as more splits were being shown. "I zoo not know how much longer... I can zoo zis..."

@Ver @York @Kaykay @Takumi @etcetcetc​
258607.jpg

"You misunderstand, human,"
Othinus shook her head to Rita, "It is not I who desires this world. This world -- this multiverse -- was created from the hopes and wishes that your kind harbors deep down. A wish to be saved, for everyone to be saved. A way where people can co-exist without conflict, and I have granted it to you."

"So that when I return to the beginning, there will be something left, just in case. A world you would never want to leave, those who were left over from the last phase to ever exist. A reference point to that which the phases were left behind last. This gesture to save everyone in the multiverse was just as easy to do as killing everyone. If you build something so easily, you wouldn't have such an issue destroying it just as easily either, after all."

To Phil, she shrugged one arm toward him. "And yet, you were willing to betray those you worked with to achieve that dream. Do not tell me... Erasing your trauma has given you a certain clarity and moral code suddenly? How fickle of you," she went on, "You may decide that this world is not worth living in, but are you bold enough to decide that for the rest of the multiverse? By rejecting it, are you deciding for the rest of the entire multiverse that their happiness here is a sham? After all, it is as real as you and I, because the power of a god wills it so."

"But I still don't get it!" Touma exclaimed, balling his palms into fists tightly as he echoed Rita's sentiment, "Why do you want to go back to the previous phases? What is all--?!"

WHOOSH!

Othinus suddenly swung her arm horizontally through the air, an invisible gust of energy reverberating through the air before afflicting Ben, suddenly causing him to revert back to his normal state. However, if nothing else, he was able to retain something from the futures he attempted to read.

In every future, the utopia Othinus had created remained static for the rest of its existence, for its people. However, there were many things that different in every possible future, but they were fleeting memories, vague and unknown, whether or not due to the influence of the Magic God's powers.

In some futures, there was the possibility that the group would remain within this utopia and remain with their loved ones. In others, they rejected such a world and continued to oppose Othinus. In both umbrella scenarios, there was not much to look toward later on, as everything went black shortly. As though time itself ceased to exist from then on.

In one future, the timeline looped indefinitely, the group unknowingly repeatedly going through the same events over and over again.

In only one future was a conceivable outcome in which they triumphed.

But what that outcome was, Othinus wiped away the hologram before anyone could see.

"Let me ask you more clearly then, Ben Tennyson. Would you all intend to remain within this world where everyone was saved? To let yourself rest and appreciate the happiness that you could never give your loved ones? Or will you reject them all for a chance to oppose me? Will you throw away the smiles of everyone you've ever known to oppose me, the gaps in our power aside? And for what purpose would you oppose me? You label me as a villain because I killed everyone in this multiverse, but what of when I save everyone in the multiverse? Without any organization to command you, what do you intend to do now?"

"..."

Touma couldn't answer Othinus's question. In all good conscience, the boy couldn't make that decision on his own. He couldn't determine that the happiness of other people here were "fake." He couldn't know if it was the right thing to sacrifice everyone's only chance, even if it could just as easily be taken away again on a whim.

And he couldn't know if everyone else was ready for that kind of responsibility, so much so that they might have denied how "real" the power of a Magic God was.

"It appears you are all still conflicted on that. Perhaps more time is needed..."

She turned her back again against everyone again.

"Geneva is me!" A redheaded woman arrived, hugging Lindel's arm. "You must be...uhhhh..." She glanced at Lindel. "Psst! Is that one Chise or Ruth?"

Libra chose not to speak up as he listened to Othinus say her peace. Could they truly decide this for everyone? They were all so happy now...not just his own desires were fulfilled. Luca was happy, able to live a life free of cruelty. Sumia had the man of her dreams, and was starting a family she'd always wanted. Lindel, Geneva, Miki...they were all happy now. Even if it was suddenly granted by Othinus...it was real, wasn't it? A true peace. Heaven on Earth.

Who was he to take that away?

The priest sighed, then gently squeezed Luca's hand. Perhaps...

".........."

---

"What is she talking about, 'going back to the beginning?'" Severa asked Touma and Leivinia. What was Othinus trying to accomplish, anyway? There had to be more to this!

@Ver @Lucky @Yun Lee @Kaykay @Hahli Nuva @Jeremi @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Gummi Bunnies @York @Alex Azure @Crow @Takumi @Alex Azure @Everybody

"Jotaro...
... Ms Aozaki...
... SeeU...
... Buddy...
... Giorno...
... Noembelu...
... Birdie...
... Schala...
... Lindel...
... Sumia...
... Libra...
... Mrs Libra...
... Will...
... Mason..."

fcYYCWm.jpg

Will fixed Ben with a serious look, finally deciding to break her vow of silence. This anger, the sheer fury she had bottled up since arriving here had finally met its apex and would come bursting forth like a massive flood no matter if Ben and the others were ready to hear it.

"Heroes are the chosen few. The ones who need to stand up for others when they can't stand up for themselves. Heroes fight for the rights of the innocent and have a spiritual duty to cleanse the universe of evil no matter what form it takes. We failed that duty, Ben. "

Will procceeded to look at the rest of the group that had accompanied Ben, making damn sure they heard her too.

"All of us failed not only the universe and the people we cared about, but ourselves as well. You can all enjoy this piece of shit illusion game that Othinus has created and try to justify her methods by saying she just needs to be reasoned with or understood somehow. But I never will. I'm just as much a fialure as the rest of you and until Othinus answers for her crimes in blood I will NEVER rest."

The Keeper huffed and averted her gaze to the sky, letting her words sink in. It felt good to let all of her feelings out. Maybe Mr. Collins was right.

She needed a hobby.

@Ver @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Yun Lee @York @Takumi @Crow @Alex Azure
Schala Zeal
@Lucky @Yun Lee @Kaykay @Hahli Nuva @Jeremi @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Gummi Bunnies @Ver @Alex Azure @Crow @Takumi @Alex Azure @Everybody

Schala felt her cheeks flush red again when Cagliostro mentioned something about Ben being her boyfriend, having looked in his direction as she had said so.

"No!... I-... You-... I mean..." She trailed off, completely flustered about the question in itself.

In all honesty, she had been so focused on fighting for the multiverse... Seeking answers... Honing her own powers, that romance was something that had more or less completely slipped her mind.

Her feelings on these kinds of matters largely went unnoticed, at least to her... And often times, she wasn't sure what kind of 'love' she felt towards some of her comrades.

Finally, she shook her head, clearing her thoughts before she spoke.

"I... Don't know. I've never had one before..." She said finally, seeming to suddenly shy away from approaching Ben, at least for now.

Though, before she could properly snap out of her embarassed state, as Othinus appeared once more. There was a much longer pause as she pondered her answer, even after she caught a brief glimpse of the potential futures they might have depending on the choices that they made... Thanks to Ben, before Othinus cut it off abruptly... Then she spoke, having suddenly reached a conclusive answer to Othinus' question... Closing her eyes, as if she were meditating before she opened them again, speaking clearly... Confidently.

"This world is... In a way... All I wished for... Fought for; a place where there is peace... A place where everyone is happy, but yet... Something feels... Wrong." She said, a frown crossing her face.

"Perhaps I don't wish to change the way things are, perhaps I can live here forever. Though... I know... More than anyone, that no paradise, left on its own can truly last forever. Not without depriving some, or all of their freedoms... Their ability to choose how to act and feel, ti sine extent... And that is something I wish to sacrifice."

Then, she suddenly looked up at Othinus, a wistfull look on her face as a sudden realization occurred to her.

"But... Perhaps that alone not the reason this 'paradise' is flawed... Is it?... Perhaps... Your plan is to recreate this day... This week... This month... This year... Or maybe more... Over and over... ... Whenever this paradise crumbles, in some shape or form... You'll rebuild it to restore it in its former glory... Right?"

She asked, her question not out of any sense of maliciousness, but maybe... Curiousity.

It was difficult to decide for sure, whether she wanted to live in this paradise... Even if her time here was finite. Though, if not... Her answer would likely change overtime, perhaps when the meaning of happiness or sorrow, or... Anything at all began to fade away. After all, if one got everything they wanted, without any struggle, or pain... Was it really worth it? Could it really still result in happiness?

If not... The only way to resolve that kind of decay in response would be to start from the beginning, and perhaps that was what Othinus intended to do... And aside from what Billy had said about the worlds she created being unstable, giving her the idea that they might have to be 'renewed' constantly, perhaps the reason why in the future Ben showed them, where they did choose to stay in this place... It was almost like a time loop, the same events happening over and over.

In the end, she was somewhat thankful to be snapped out of that train of thought by Ben's question, not just to Othinus, but everyone in general. However, it still was quite a difficult one to answer properly, but she did nonetheless give it her best effort.

"A person who is admired or idealized for courage, outstanding achievements, or noble qualities. That is the 'official' definition... The one I found first when searching for the meaning of the word." She said, but then shook her head, seeming a bit dismissive of it.

"But since then... I've discovered the meaning is... Flexible... Dependant purely on your perspective, or perhaps the perspective of your peers." She added, then paused for a moment, before she finished her train of thought.

"In my eyes... A hero... Is someone who stands up for what they believe is right... Fights for it... And protects it... Even at the cost of their own life, but by that definition... This means even those seen as villains, those who we oppose... Can also be seen as heroes in their own right... To their own cause. So in a way... We're... All heroes... But what makes us a hero... Is not always the same for everyone..." She said.

Then, her mind went to the next portion of Ben's question, taking a moment longer to ponder upon when this 'hero time' was supposed to be.

"Perhaps 'hero time'... Like being a 'hero'... Is also up to your perspective... Your view. When you feel as if your beliefs have been wronged... Your moral code broken... Perhaps it is when you feel it is your duty... To fight for what you feel is right... For the better or worse."

In the end... As Schala finished talking, she soon realized the reason why she found it so difficult to decide on her actions to begin with... At least whether or not they would result in anything 'good' in the end.

To some, like the Coalition perhaps, she was considered a hero, but yet... To others... Like Jiren, or Marian perhaps... She was considered a villain, as what they felt was 'right', or 'just' differed from her own outlook on such things, and being able to understand this... Made it all the more difficult for her to fight to uphold her ideals, but in the end... It was the pain she had once felt, and seen, inflicted upon her, and upon others, that gave her the strength to push through her doubts and stand her ground.

Here, with the dilemma Othinus was presenting them came the greatest inner conflict yet when it came to whether or not she should fight to preserve her own ideals. If it weren't for the foreseen future of this reality, if this reality truly could stay like this forever, with no strings attached... It was unlikely that she would have many qualms with staying here. However, given the few methods she could think of to sustain this paradise, and keep people 'happy', she found part of her opposing the idea of Othinus sustaining an existence like this... For the better or worse.​

Last edited:
"... Jiren! You're... You're here!" She shouted, waving towards him.

His presense seemed to lift her spirits, and made her momentarily forget that nagging pang at the bottom of her chest.
"I'm sorry" Jiren murmured, his mind elsewhere "You must have me confused with someon--" A dagger cut through his distant mind, drawing his focus from the abyss. That voice... it seemed all too familiar. Something about it sturred the sharpness if regret within his heart without alerting his mind as to why. Every syllable became a covert attack on his being, chilling him to his core.

A memory rolled free from its shell: A face, a name.

"Scha...Schala? Are you... Schala?"

"Jotaro...
... Ms Aozaki...
... SeeU...
... Buddy...
... Giorno...
... Noembelu...
... Birdie...
... Schala...
... Lindel...
... Sumia...
... Libra...
... Mrs Libra...
... Will...
... Mason..."

fcYYCWm.jpg

"The time for a hero... Never passes" Toppo cried, making his way across the courtyard, a tired smile on his lips. It had all happened so quickly.

A fight for his life.

A fight with a friend.

A flash of Dark Light.

A fitting end.

The next thing he knew he was passing the grassy plains of an endless garden, the wind in his moustache. For a moment of bliss, everything made sense. He had completed the heroic sacrifice he and Max had spoken of at the mansion. His journey had finally come to a close...

Yet the dirt beneath his feet was not that of the afterlife... or at least, not the afterlife he had expected.

Avalon... a City Reborn.

It hadn't taken him too long to find his way back to his old friends.

"If death has taught me anything, its that there will always lives that need protecting. No matter how safe we are. No matter how safe we think we are, danger will always come to the surface... even in this paradise. The heroes are those who acknowledge this truth but refuse to accept it. In the name of liberty and all things holy, they fight to redefine that truth. Being a hero isn't about catchphrases. It's not about capes or cowls or power or poses... it's about conviction. Othinus has rewritten all the natural truths of our world... and in that regard, I would call her a hero. Yet the power she possesses... I fear that it shall corrupt her sense of justice, just as Jiren's corrupted his own. As long as her ego remains... I fear that the burden of strength will eat into her very being... and she shall not remain a hero for long... we must call for her to surrender her power! It is the only way this New Multiverse can be free! Tenneson... the path of the hero"

@Ver @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Yun Lee @York @Takumi @Hahli Nuva @Alex Azurea​

"Well, I'm sorry, Othinus, but Mason isn't going to give in to your world!"

"Macy, you can't speak for me."

"Huh? Wait, are you not gonna be the plucky hero all of a sudden?"

"You like this version too, don't you? You're happy to have everyone here. You don't need to feel the pain in people's hearts because there isn't any."

"Is that it? Mason, I don't mind the pain of others. I'm happy to heal others. How can I heal in a world without pain? How can you be a hero in a world without villains?"

"A hero is an idiot, Mace. A hero is somebody who will run headfirst into danger to help somebody else out of danger. That's not to say a hero is pointless. I love playing the hero. Every now and then I actually succeed. Heroes have their place, just not in this world."

"No, I disagree. Now is hero time. If there is a world of peace, it has to be protected! Somebody had to create this utopia, and I don't mean in the way Othinus did. In this phase, people fought to create paradise. We need to fight for this paradise's future! Toppo is right. If we don't stop Othinus, then she'll either loop today or change the phases again. If we want to keep this world, then we need to fight back!"

"And then Othinus will wave her magic stick and I'll lose the love of my life again. I finally have something I can really lose. Othinus wouldn't take you away, but I can lose Carrie. I'm not fighting her again if it means I lose Caroline."

"Mason... Guys, I'm doing my best! Can somebody knock some sense into him?"

@Ver @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Yun Lee@York @Takumi @Hahli Nuva @Alex Azure @Crow

"It's as Leivinia said before," Touma answered Severa, "She wants to return to the previous "phases" of the world... or maybe in this case, multiverse. A time closer to the beginning, maybe the time she had been born into. But she won't say why she wants to do that..."

As the group talked over what to do from there, conflicted and clashing against one another's, Othinus let out a soft chuckle, as though this whole exchange -- or lack thereof exactly -- amused her. "It appears that some of you are torn. To continue to fight, regardless of everything. To stay here and accept this as the end. I will not persuade you one way or the other. Humans seem to enjoy their concept of free will, after all, and I shan't take even that away from you."

"But when you are truly ready to make your decision -- all of you -- I can only assume that you will be ready for the consequences of them, good or bad."

She said nothing as Toppo suddenly appeared, suggesting that the best course of plan would be to goad her into surrendering her power, nor did she directly respond to Will's angry monologue. It mattered little to her so long as the group was divided like this, fallen out of grace. As she was now, the multiverse's strongest humans meant as much to her as the multiverse's strongest ants.

"And when the time comes for you to finalize that decision, I will be waiting at the edge of the city."

Suddenly, Othinus did something perhaps unexpected. She unhooked the Arrow off her hip and tossed it forward, toward the group -- Giorno specifically, as it had once belonged to him, the object clanking as it bounced across the ground.

"If you must, I even dare you to make use of this if you resolve to oppose me and reject this very multiverse. I've no use for it anymore, after all. Now then..."

Touma bent down to pick up the Arrow with his left hand, eyeing it, almost doubting that it was real for a moment considering the strange turn of events there, but it was real without a doubt. The Arrow that had been used in conjunction with Gungnir once it had been completed.

And then when he looked up again, Othinus was gone once more.

"..."

And he didn't know what to say from there. Except...

"Maybe we should... think over this at the hotel Severa was talking about..." He mumbled weakly. Truthfully, he was just tired. This day had been gruelingly hectic, and he just wanted to close his eyes...

@Lucky @Yun Lee @Kaykay @Hahli Nuva @Jeremi @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Gummi Bunnies @York @Alex Azure @Crow @Takumi @Alex Azure @Sark @Everybody

ZqYCmvX.jpg

"Toppo! You're alive!" Ben exclaims excitedly as he sees old Toppo return, "I should've known you'd return when Jiren over there did."

He hears the resolves of Will, Schala, Toppo, Mason & Macy, and doesn't seem to have very specific responses to each of them.

"Every one of you seems to see the concept so differently," he says to the group, then looks to Schala for a bit, agreeing with her latter statements in particular, "I can't exactly say any of them are entirely wrong, that's why I want to hear 'em all."

He then looks at Othinus actually leaving this time.

"Oh- uh, sorry ma'am, didn't realise you were still there. Well, we'll be doing things now... but since you heard us, you know what I'll ask later, now don't you?"

Ben then looks at the Arrow left behind by Othinus.

"Hey, isn't this the thing that gives Stands? It gave Othinus a Stand, wonder if it'll give some of us a Stand too..."

He then looks towards the Stand Users in the group.

"... or maybe even make already-existing Stands even stronger?"

@Ver @Lucky @Yun Lee @Kaykay @Hahli Nuva @Jeremi @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Gummi Bunnies @York @Alex Azure @Crow @Takumi @Sark @Everybody

"It's as Leivinia said before," Touma answered Severa, "She wants to return to the previous "phases" of the world... or maybe in this case, multiverse. A time closer to the beginning, maybe the time she had been born into. But she won't say why she wants to do that..."

As the group talked over what to do from there, conflicted and clashing against one another's, Othinus let out a soft chuckle, as though this whole exchange -- or lack thereof exactly -- amused her. "It appears that some of you are torn. To continue to fight, regardless of everything. To stay here and accept this as the end. I will not persuade you one way or the other. Humans seem to enjoy their concept of free will, after all, and I shan't take even that away from you."

"But when you are truly ready to make your decision -- all of you -- I can only assume that you will be ready for the consequences of them, good or bad."

She said nothing as Toppo suddenly appeared, suggesting that the best course of plan would be to goad her into surrendering her power, nor did she directly respond to Will's angry monologue. It mattered little to her so long as the group was divided like this, fallen out of grace. As she was now, the multiverse's strongest humans meant as much to her as the multiverse's strongest ants.

"And when the time comes for you to finalize that decision, I will be waiting at the edge of the city."

Suddenly, Othinus did something perhaps unexpected. She unhooked the Arrow off her hip and tossed it forward, toward the group -- Giorno specifically, as it had once belonged to him, the object clanking as it bounced across the ground.

"If you must, I even dare you to make use of this if you resolve to oppose me and reject this very multiverse. I've no use for it anymore, after all. Now then..."

Touma bent down to pick up the Arrow with his left hand, eyeing it, almost doubting that it was real for a moment considering the strange turn of events there, but it was real without a doubt. The Arrow that had been used in conjunction with Gungnir once it had been completed.

And then when he looked up again, Othinus was gone once more.

"..."

And he didn't know what to say from there. Except...

"Maybe we should... think over this at the hotel Severa was talking about..." He mumbled weakly. Truthfully, he was just tired. This day had been gruelingly hectic, and he just wanted to close his eyes...

@Lucky @Yun Lee @Kaykay @Hahli Nuva @Jeremi @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Gummi Bunnies @York @Alex Azure @Crow @Takumi @Alex Azure @Sark @Everybody

"Yeah... Let's talk this over. At least we have the Arrow back! So we have a chance!"

"Great. A pointless argument we get to have that has to do with the fate of the multiverse. Are we back in the civil war? Because this feels like the civil war, except it's all of our ideologies against one unyielding brick wall known as Othinus."

"So, do you want the brick wall to win?"

"Hell no! I just... I don't want to lose Carrie again."

"What are we talking about, Mace?" Caroline asked, only keying into the conversation after Othinus as left. The conversations with, concerning, and around the Magic God were completely filtered out of her perception. Just as any of the other residence of the new Avalon, she didn't evn acknowledge the almost naked flying witch.

"We're just going to go check out the hotel nearby. Don't worry, we shouldn't be long."

"Aww, don't want me to come? Is your girlfriend embarrassing you?"

"N-N-No, of course not! It's just..."

She giggled and gave Mason another kiss on the forehead. "Relax. I'm only teasing. Go have fun with 'the boys' or whoever. I'll see you at home later. Don't eat too much, I'll have dinner ready!" She then walked off, disappearing from sight around a nearby corner.

"..."

"..."

"..."

"Alright, let's get to that hotel. We might have to fight her and have her reset the multiverse again before I have to eat her cooking again. I don't know if 'paradise' lets her gain cooking skill."
ZqYCmvX.jpg

"Toppo! You're alive!" Ben exclaims excitedly as he sees old Toppo return, "I should've known you'd return when Jiren over there did."

He hears the resolves of Will, Schala, Toppo, Mason & Macy, and doesn't seem to have very specific responses to each of them.

"Every one of you seems to see the concept so differently," he says to the group, then looks to Schala for a bit, agreeing with her latter statements in particular, "I can't exactly say any of them are entirely wrong, that's why I want to hear 'em all."

He then looks at Othinus actually leaving this time.

"Oh- uh, sorry ma'am, didn't realise you were still there. Well, we'll be doing things now... but since you heard us, you know what I'll ask later, now don't you?"

Ben then looks at the Arrow left behind by Othinus.

"Hey, isn't this the thing that gives Stands? It gave Othinus a Stand, wonder if it'll give some of us a Stand too..."

He then looks towards the Stand Users in the group.

"... or maybe even make already-existing Stands even stronger?"

@Ver @Lucky @Yun Lee @Kaykay @Hahli Nuva @Jeremi @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Gummi Bunnies @York @Alex Azure @Crow @Takumi @Sark @Everybody

"Uh, Ben? In my experience, gaining powers not native to your home universe can have very, very mixed results. It might not be a safe idea to try to give Stands to those who don't need them."

Mason, however, did have his attention drawn to the Arrow. His eyes became glued to it as Ben brought it up.

"Yeah... Right... We don't need them at all..."

"Mason. No."

"We can go to the Hotel? Oh my Gawds, YES!!!!" Debate or not, this was something like a dream come true! "Follow me, everyone, it's this way!" She started off on her merry way, her sudden shift in demeanor making her seem as if the entire discussion they'd had about Othinus had never happened.

"Forgive me, but I need to go meet with the others." Libra apologized to Luca and Sumia, still heavily unsure of what to do. Could they really take the happiness of the Multiverse away like that?

@Ver @Lucky @Yun Lee @Kaykay @Hahli Nuva@Jeremi @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Gummi Bunnies @York @Alex Azure @Crow@Takumi @Alex Azure @Sark @Everybody

38_zps6f5f9421.png

"Maybe so, but... The question is, should we use this? Would it even matter either way?" Touma said to Ben, gazing at the Arrow in his hand and even holding it up a little for the others to look at. It technically belonged to Giorno, so maybe he should be the one to decide, but... Perhaps one could say, the young don was too shell-shocked to make his own decision on what to do with his own Arrow in this moment. Not that the spiky-haired boy could particularly blame him, considering the gravity of this situation.

As the group bid farewell to the people of the utopia, who thought little of Othinus's appearance and sudden departure, like it was the most natural thing in the world, the group began navigating their way to the hotel, if only at the insistence of Touma and Severa, it seemed. As they moved, Touma, dispirited now more than ever, pursed his lips.

"... And if it did matter, are you all really willing to make a choice for the sake of the entire multiverse? I mean... How? How do we proceed from here? We can't just blindly keep going forward if it means that in the end like this... Can we?"

"I dunno...I mean, why have us oppose her when she can just force us into submission with a flick of her wrist?" Severa's mood dimmed a bit as Othinus cane back up in conversation. "First she tells us we're gonna be punished and broken until we rot, then she gives us a chance to live happily ever after? Why not just shove us into some new world of hers and be done with it?"

"She did say she found amusement in torturing us for opposing her," Libra said, still conflicted, though being away from the others helped him focus more. "But...is that truly it? Why punish us, only to turn and give us and everyone we love peace and prosperity?"

@Ver @Lucky @Yun Lee @Kaykay @Hahli Nuva@Jeremi @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Gummi Bunnies @York @Alex Azure @Crow @Takumi @Alex Azure @Sark @Everybody

"Because it's a reminder... of everything we could never give the people most important to us..." Touma sighed, looking sadly at the disturbingly happy people they passed by as they walked, "In a sense, I'll bet... to say that everything we've ever done in our entire lives was worthless, if everything was meant to end this way no matter what."

"And she knows that... if we do decide to oppose her, we'd be throwing away everything -- their happiness, their only chance to live a normal life without suffering -- that we could never give them. My mom, my dad, our friends, even our enemies...! It doesn't matter to her, does it? On a whim, she could just as easily tear it all down without a single thought. What do you say about someone like that? You can't call someone who saved the entire multiverse a villain, but you can't call someone who murdered the entire multiverse a hero. What are we supposed to do here?!"

Phil Connors and Rita Hanson

" The word you are struggling to find is anti-villain. They are people who do dark things to reach good ends, the good end being a world full of happiness here, but whatever her end is, she hasn't used the best methods to do it. In a weird way, she is daring to not quite be villains, but I wouldn't call us anti-heroes, heroes or even anti-villains. We don't exactly fit into any of those tropes. I'm pretty sure we were all picked because our organizations had a vague idea of what she wanted to do," he dryly replied.

" We have to do what is wrong, even though this world is happy. I noticed that whatever happened if we opposed her couldn't be seen, but we saw the future of this place if we do nothing. It stays the same. I'm not saying what we're doing is right, but someone has to make that decision and we are the only ones with the free will to do it."

@Ver @Yun Lee @Kaykay @Hahli Nuva @Jeremi @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Gummi Bunnies @York @Alex Azure @Crow @Takumi @Alex Azure @Sark @Everybody

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back