Status
Not open for further replies.
John could see what appeared to be a baseball bat with nails and barbed wire. He had to get it before Harper got her hands on it. Life or Death meant survival instincts kicked in big time.

He bit his tongue as he felt blood run down his face.

He had to think back to the terminator wars, here and now.

This crowd was egging both of them on.

This woman had done nothing, he hadn't done nothing.

One of them had to fall unconscious soon.

The old man held his nose, blood was dripping off onto his fatigues, but Harper had the bat in her hands.

She did what she had to. Her quickness hit his legs and with a bit of a struggle, he fell to his knees and then to the side, coughing "Harper... don't let my timeline die."

He fell unconscious.

Harper stood silently with the bat in her hand as she defeated John. Breathing heavily, Harper was about to be on her way when Roulette told her to do the unthinkable...

She wanted her to kill this man. This innocent man.

At first, the answer was obvious. I mean, Harper was no killer! She was a hero, goddammit! She admired Bruce, no, she idolized him. And what would he think if he knee Harper killed an innocent man?

But... the more she thought about it... the more she had second thoughts. They knew her identity as Harper Row, they had to by now. And although she wasn't as recognizable as Bruce Wayne, how long would it take for Bane to figure out about Cullen? What if she let this guy live, and in return Roulette put a bullet in both Harper's back, then her brother's? The person, the only person in her life that she swore no one would ever even touch. She couldn't let that happen. No, she wouldn't let that happen!

Gripping the bat so tight that her knuckles turned white, Harper looked down at John's body as she muttered a soft "I'm sorry." Then, as tears began to sting her eyes, Harper did the unthinkable.

"RAAAAAH!!!"

Harper screamed as she forcefully swung the bat down on John's head, the sound of breaking bone and the site of blood instantly making Harper gag. But she kept going.

"RAAAAAH!"

Another hit.

"GAAAAAH!!"

Another one.

After a few more hits, Harper finally stepped back as the sight that was once John's head was now nothing but an incomprehensible mess of blood and brain. Taking a few steps back and breathing even heavier than before, Harper tossed the bat to the side and turned to look at Roulette, tears having streamed all the way down her face at this point.

"There... you got your fucking show, you sick, depraved fuck!"

@Jeremi @dark

Bruce nodded as he rolled up the map again. "We will have it easier to hide in smaller groups if that monster shows up again too. Then the question remains...who goes where?"
"Draw straws."

She was joking. Sort of.

"If you're a stickler for wanting to keep the groups equally divided, maybe split us up by functions? Long-range support, heavy hitters, brains..." Aoko began, before stopping herself. She looked over at the group at large, pursed her lips, nodded, cleared her throat, and then continued, "Or... Well, just let everyone pick where to go on a whim. Doesn't really look like there's too much difference where we go anyway, at least from where we're standing, so if you'd rather not go through the trouble, we could also leave it up to chance. Thoughts? Concerns?"

@Jeremi @Everybody

Last edited:
Ben was silent at Aquawoman's words, his head drooping low.​

"Time for a little Heatblast actio-"

Before Ben could proceed, everyone seemed to agree on avoiding the rock-liondog.

Simultaneously, they heard a conversation.

"Say, uh... who's the Riddler?"

When they suggested splitting up, Ben comments and prepares to transform, "time to test this guy out."

After slamming the dialed Omnitrix down, Ben's body became more reptillian and quadrapedal. Spines grew out of his back, and his eyes multiplied. Soon, a new lifeform appeared.

It might remind some of the late SCP-682.

2fhQYs7.jpg

"Huh, I could've sworn it would've looked more humanoid," Ben's new form comments, before using its enhanced smell, and if possible, enhanced sight, to get a good feel of what might've been in each route.

@Widowmaker @thatguyinthestore @Yun Lee @Archmage Jeremiah @Jeremi @etcetcetc​

Ben's enhanced smell allowed him to take in the grand potpourri that was the Gotham City sewers. The stench was so strong that it was hard to pin point what exactly was down each route. His enhanced sight showed him that the left path twisted to the left, the center one continued forwards for a good while and the right path went right.

Aoko04.png

"Draw straws."

She was joking. Sort of.

"If you're a stickler for wanting to keep the groups equally divided, maybe split us up by functions? Long-range support, heavy hitters, brains..." Aoko began, before stopping herself. She looked over at the group at large, pursed her lips, nodded, cleared her throat, and then continued, "Or... Well, just let everyone pick where to go on a whim. Doesn't really look like there's too much difference where we go anyway, at least from where we're standing, so if you'd rather not go through the trouble, we could also leave it up to chance. Thoughts? Concerns?"

@Jeremi @Everybody

"Since we are meeting up, perhaps equal numbers aren't as important this time around," Bruce responded. "I will at least go down the center path."

"And I the left one, people will be free to follow."
Aquawoman seemed to not want to stand around more than she had to.

@Josh @Yun Lee @thatguyinthestore @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Neko Shogun @Kaykay @Takumi @Zireael @Kentucky @Widowmaker @Crow @Otto @Archmage Jeremiah @Yun Lee @ThatAverageGuy @AtomicKnight @Lucky @belVita

Harper stood silently with the bat in her hand as she defeated John. Breathing heavily, Harper was about to be on her way when Roulette told her to do the unthinkable...

She wanted her to kill this man. This innocent man.

At first, the answer was obvious. I mean, Harper was no killer! She was a hero, goddammit! She admired Bruce, no, she idolized him. And what would he think if he knee Harper killed an innocent man?

But... the more she thought about it... the more she had second thoughts. They knew her identity as Harper Row, they had to by now. And although she wasn't as recognizable as Bruce Wayne, how long would it take for Bane to figure out about Cullen? What if she let this guy live, and in return Roulette put a bullet in both Harper's back, then her brother's? The person, the only person in her life that she swore no one would ever even touch. She couldn't let that happen. No, she wouldn't let that happen!

Gripping the bat so tight that her knuckles turned white, Harper looked down at John's body as she muttered a soft "I'm sorry." Then, as tears began to sting her eyes, Harper did the unthinkable.

"RAAAAAH!!!"

Harper screamed as she forcefully swung the bat down on John's head, the sound of breaking bone and the site of blood instantly making Harper gag. But she kept going.

"RAAAAAH!"

Another hit.

"GAAAAAH!!"

Another one.

After a few more hits, Harper finally stepped back as the sight that was once John's head was now nothing but an incomprehensible mess of blood and brain. Taking a few steps back and breathing even heavier than before, Harper tossed the bat to the side and turned to look at Roulette, tears having streamed all the way down her face at this point.

"There... you got your fucking show, you sick, depraved fuck!"

@Jeremi @dark

As Harper's gruesome spectacle finished Roulette could only help but laugh. "Baby has claws I see! Very well, I guess that means Bluebird's the winner! Your reward." Harper felt herself getting shocked and falling limp to the ground as guards came in to drag her back to her cell. As for Connor. "Take him to processing, would be a shame to waste on good fighters."

tumblr_inline_p045d4POor1vp7dy3_100.jpg

❝ Eugh... ❞ His memory was fuzzy and his head ached when he tried to piece together what occurred before the lights went out for him. As much as he didn't want to think that was the case, Majima figured that he didn't exactly make it out of the tunnel safely. That blows. He'd figured that a tunnel caving in like that would kill him outright, but he was still around. Except he recognized that he was in some sort of prison cell, and with a concerning factor of a collar around his neck. This simply yelled out signs that this Mad Dog didn't want to stick around these parts for too long.

❝ Psst! H... Hey! Ya hear me 'ere! ❞ Majima immediately realized that he wasn't exactly alone in this dingy prison, trying to catch the man's attention with a hushed voice.

@Jeremi

"I hear you," The man responded back to Goro. "But don't you think it's rude to be interrupting my meditation?" As he spoke the door to the cellblock opened and Harper was tossed back into her cell. "Huh, considering I only heard one cell door slam shut. I guess we have a killer in our midst."

@thatguyinthestore @Gummi Bunnies @dark

Last edited:
Well, they needed to go to the center, right? So, that was where SeeU slipped into, not speaking a single word as she did so.

@Jeremi @Center​

Aoko04.png

"Draw straws."

She was joking. Sort of.

@Jeremi @Everybody
Ben's enhanced smell allowed him to take in the grand potpourri that was the Gotham City sewers. The stench was so strong that it was hard to pin point what exactly was down each route. His enhanced sight showed him that the left path twisted to the left, the center one continued forwards

"I can fit 'em all," Ben's new form responds to Aoko. "Ugh, apparently being an alien alligator does nothing to adapt you to earth sewers," he responds to the smell.

After eyeing the three routes, Ben comments, "Eenie meenie minie... uh... I got nothin'."

Ben uses his lizard-like physiology to scale the ceiling of the central path, following behind SeeU.

"Alright, who's comin' with me?"

@Yun Lee @CentralPath

@Widowmaker @Ver @Jeremi

Luckily for Felix (or unluckily in Terry's case), Felix saw the batarang coming towards his pistol and rose his shield before it could connect with the weapon.

latest

"Kid, you're not gonna get between my bullet and sack head over there. You don't want me killing him? Well tough shit." Felix replied dryly before raising his pistol yet again and attempting to shoot Scarecrow.

@York @Jeremi @Crow @Widowmaker @Gummi Bunnies @Yun Lee @Ver @CrunchyCHEEZIT

Staring down the scarecrow, Manchester frowned as his eyes glowed.

"I'm getting' real sick and tired of this bloody mess! I'm done been with this?you twat!"

Using his powers Manchester wanst' playing round as he tired to give the Scarecrow A seizure.

@Atomic Knight @Jeremi @Ver @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Crow @Yun Lee @Neko Shogun @thatguyinthestore
The attacks caused the gigantic Scarecrow to topple over and melt into the ground leaving nothing behind. "Fear guides your hand continuously. Lashing out like dogs on leashes." But his voice still persisted. "What is it that you actually seek? To hurt me or hurt yourselves through ignorance?"

@Josh @Yun Lee @thatguyinthestore @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Neko Shogun @Kaykay @Takumi @Zireael @Kentucky @Widowmaker @Crow @Gummi Bunnies @Otto @Archmage Jeremiah @ThatAverageGuy @Atomic Knight @Lucky @belVita @dark
"We seek to kill Bane!" SeeU's voice rang out as she tried to look around. Was that scarecrow just an illusion? "We're going to kill him and get rid of those giants! That way Gotham will be safer and innocent people won't die anymore!"

Ugh, all this hallucinating was ruining everything! "Ben! I would like a gas mask, please!" Maybe cutting off the gas could help, and gas masks did that, right?

@Jeremi @Josh @Yun Lee @thatguyinthestore@CrunchyCHEEZIT @Neko Shogun@Kaykay @Takumi @Zireael @Kentucky@Widowmaker @Crow @GummiBunnies @Otto @Archmage Jeremiah@ThatAverageGuy @Atomic Knight@Lucky @belVita @dark
"No one has agreed on the fact that Bane is going to be killed," Bruce responded into the air, which garnered a laugh from Scarecrow.

"So that is what this is? It always come back to fear. In this case, fear of the unknown! Why is Bane important? What makes him special? Or do you have a phobia of muscular men?"

Bruce beckoned them to follow. "We can talk and walk, unless Mister Cran would leave us alone?" The only response Bruce got to that was another laugh.

@Josh @Yun Lee @thatguyinthestore @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Neko Shogun @Kaykay @Takumi @Zireael @Kentucky @Widowmaker @Crow @Gummi Bunnies @Otto @Archmage Jeremiah @ThatAverageGuy @Atomic Knight @Lucky @belVita @dark

Before Harper had any time to respond the doors to the cells opened as similar looking men from earlier came in to drag them away. "Good luck." The two managed to hear from the unknown man from the cell next to Harper before the double doors to the cellblock closed behind them.

After having been dragged through a few corridors they'd be met by a deafening sound.

Walking through the opening they saw a huge fighting arena surrounded by screaming and hollering people thirsting for blood. A door in the dome like structure opened and both John and Harper were pushed in on either side. As the noise started to die down a spotlight shone down on a balcony where Roulette was standing. "Ladies and gentlemen welcome to yet another exciting fight for your viewing pleasure! On the left we have Gotham's own Bluebird! And on the left we have...some old soldier type! Who will win this exciting battle I wonder? Will old age and brawn beat fast and young? I guess we just have to see to find out. Place your bets everyone! Who is going to leave that cage a winner!"

It appeared that the two were forced to fight, and with those collars one it was not hard to guess what happens if they don't.​
"Well, if we don't kill him, he'll just keep doing bad things! And Bane doesn't scare me, because I can't stop him if I'm afraid of him!" SeeU continued to talk as she tried to get Ben and herself moving along. Even to an evil scarecrow, talking was the polite thing to do.

@Jeremi @Crow
"Well, if we don't kill him, he'll just keep doing bad things! And Bane doesn't scare me, because I can't stop him if I'm afraid of him!" SeeU continued to talk as she tried to get Ben and herself moving along. Even to an evil scarecrow, talking was the polite thing to do.

@Jeremi @Crow
"We will put the pin on that for the time being," Came Bruce's response to the two.

Trixie in turn got a laugh from Scarecrow. "Do you believe in everything your ears and eyes tell you? There is always something deeper inside the dark abyss."

"Wait, this doesn't feel like cranberry sauce..." Upgrade comments as the chilly blood rain touched his liquid metal body.

"You heard the lady, Scarecrow, knock it off!" Upgrade shouts, before taunting, "You should really do something about those creepy crawlies on your face, 'cause I think they're preventing you from thinking. I've saved the Earth a bunch of times from creeps that are more of a menace than you'll ever be, saved the universe just as many times, kicked the butts of big players like Vilgax the Conquerer & Ghostfreak, and... uh... a lot more! I've done a whole bunch of hero work over the summer, so you'll need a lot more than funny red rain we clearly know is fake to scare me- or us, for that matter!"

@Jeremi @Josh @Yun Lee @thatguyinthestore @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Neko Shogun @Kaykay @Takumi @Zireael @Kentucky @Widowmaker @Crow @Gummi Bunnies @Otto @Archmage Jeremiah @Yun Lee @ThatAverageGuy @AtomicKnight @Lucky @belVita @dark
"Yet here you are, wandering aimlessly a lost child with out his safety blanket. The ones who fear the most usually put up the bravest faces after all." Scarecrow, or his voice at least, seemed to be constant companion at least for the time being.

As they wandered in the hellscape the blood pouring down they stumbled upon what to them looked like a giant skull maw built into a mountain. It seemed to be an entrance of some sort. "Is that..."

Aquawoman finished what Bruce was going to say. "Considering how this gas has changed our surroundings, I assume that is supposed to be a tunnel."

This news seemed to lift Bruce's spirits. "Then we are not too far from where we need to." The entrance looked like it was mocking them the eyes on the skull shone a bright red and Bruce could swear that they were following his every move.

As they conversed the group heard something from up ahead in the darkness. It sounded like...roaring. As the noise came closer they saw flames coming from the front of it and big round eyes. Whatever it was it ran through them with uncanny speed. The group was lucky that no one had been stomped by whatever it was.

As it ran past it turned around allowing the group a clearer shot.

jabberwocky-poem_1.png.png

Was this yet another of the giants, or was it something else?​

@Crow @Josh @Yun Lee @thatguyinthestore @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Neko Shogun @Kaykay @Takumi @Zireael @Kentucky @Widowmaker @Crow @Gummi Bunnies @Otto @Archmage Jeremiah @Yun Lee @ThatAverageGuy @AtomicKnight @Lucky @belVita @dark
"Hmm..." SeeU payed close attention to what transpired in the fight, then got an idea. With the added combat boost, SeeU began punching and kicking at the walls of the cave to get more debris to fall on the creature. "Mister Jotaro! Miss Blue! Mister Soujirou! Anyone else, please help! I think we van stop the monster this way!"

@Jeremi @Crow @Widowmaker @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Ver @Kaykay
"Careful, SeeU!" Aquawoman shouted. "If we do that then the entire tunnel might collapse on top of us and end our quest here and now! Perhaps instead we shall aim our efforts towards the not so raging beast? It is obvious that it has lost quite a lot of its steam! Does that are capable follow after me!" She gripped her trident and charged.

Aquawoman's words seemed to true at least the monster had drastically slowed down after the ceiling had caved down. It was as if the monster was dragging itself forward across the road.

@Josh @Yun Lee @thatguyinthestore @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Neko Shogun @Kaykay @Takumi @Zireael @Kentucky @Widowmaker @Crow @Gummi Bunnies @Otto @Archmage Jeremiah @Yun Lee @ThatAverageGuy @AtomicKnight @Lucky @belVita @dark
The attack connected and the sound of creaking steel as the monster buckled together as a man crashed out of its stomach and landed unconsciously on the ground. On closer inspection he seemed like just a run of the mill henchman wearing black body armor. Getting anything from him was pointless. The "Jabberwocky" on the other hand was now just a wrecked mini van. Aquawoman wrinkled her nose. "This is why I do not help Batwoman in dealing with Gotham problems on my world. It is just a pointless mess."

@Josh @Yun Lee @thatguyinthestore @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Neko Shogun @Kaykay @Takumi @Zireael @Kentucky @Widowmaker @Crow @Gummi Bunnies @Otto @Archmage Jeremiah @Yun Lee @ThatAverageGuy @AtomicKnight @Lucky @belVita @dark
If anyone looked over the unconscious body then they found nothing worth notifying. No keys or IDs. Only a pistol tucked into his vest. "I don't believe this "monster" is the same as the Giants we've seen before," Bruce stated. "If anything I think this was due to Scarecrows gas...at least we got rid of it. We're not far from our destination now."

@Josh @Yun Lee @thatguyinthestore @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Neko Shogun @Kaykay @Takumi @Zireael @Kentucky @Widowmaker @Crow@Gummi Bunnies @Otto @Archmage Jeremiah @Yun Lee @ThatAverageGuy @AtomicKnight @Lucky @belVita @dark
Chapter 4 - Going underground

The trek continued on in silence, whatever the gas had done it seemed to now be lifting as the city of Gotham changed back in front of the groups eyes. Scarecrow, or at least his voice had gone silent. Despite that there was still a sinking feeling coming from Bruce that Bane knew exactly what was going on. There was nothing to be done however except push. However just as they were seeing the end of the tunnel the group heard Aquawoman shouting. "The tunnel is collapsing!"

Sure enough the fight against the "Jabberwocky" had no doubt done enough structural damage to make it unstable. Bits and pieces where falling all over and as Aquawoman leaped out into the moonlight she saw Goro Majima and Kroq-Gar be buried in the rubble as the entire tunnel collapsed on top of them. "No!" Bruce shouted in frustration, but realized that there was nothing that he could do. "We...we have to go on." Looking utterly defeated Bruce continued on until finally they were at their destination.

A manhole cover, and not just any manhole cover. "You could say that this is the central hub," Bruce said as Aquawoman used her trident to remove the cover. "Once we get down there we have a straight line to the system that leads to Blackgate. We don't know what if anything we'll be facing down there so keep your wits about you." With that he descended down the ladder into the sewer.

latest

Once down the group saw that while there was enough space for them to travel, if a fight broke out then they'd have a hard time to protect themselves. "According to the map we need to go down the north path, everyone, follow me."

Cast list:

@Minerva as Ann Takamaki
@Ver as Aoko Aozaki
@Neko Shogun as Aqua
@Crow as Ben Tennyson
@Takumi as Bishamon
@Lucky as Corey Bryant and Mason Hewitt
@Widowmaker as Dante
@Zireael as Geralt of Rivia
@Gummi Bunnies as Goro Majima - dead
@thatguyinthestore as Harper Row - dead
@ThatAverageGuy as Jimmy
@dark as John Connor - dead
@CrunchyCHEEZIT as Jotaro Kujo
@BarrenThin as Kroq-Gar - dead
@Atomic Knight as Makoto Naegi
@Josh as Manchester Black
@Otto as Malzahar
@Kentucky as Officer K
@Yun Lee as SeeU
@Kaykay as Soujirou Mibu
@belVita as Stanley Burrell
@York as Terry McGinnis
@Archmage Jeremiah as Trixie
@Sen as Vel'Koz​
"I did not know you had healing powers," Aquawoman responded to Ben. "It could have been interesting to see you try healing what little smear there was left of either of them. Or perhaps you felt keen to join them? I think we all have to realize that all of us are not going to survive this ordeal."

Bruce said nothing and continued to lead them on down the path through the murky waters. One thing that got Bruce's attention as they walked on was how well kept the sewers seemed to be. Lights overhead and proper walk ways on either side... "If I didn't know better I'd say I'd be traversing a dank castle over a sewer...Is this where the tax payers money goes?" A joke, but he started to actually wonder why this particular path looked as it did.

@Josh @Yun Lee @thatguyinthestore @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Neko Shogun @Kaykay @Takumi @Zireael @Kentucky @Widowmaker @Crow @Otto @Archmage Jeremiah @Yun Lee @ThatAverageGuy @AtomicKnight @Lucky @belVita

Goro's eyes opened up revealing that he was in some sort of prison cell. He'd feel a collar around his neck that was probably best to leave alone for the time being. On the other side of the path between cells he could see a man sitting in lotus position inside a cell of his own. The only thing that he was wearing seemed to be a pair of white underware.

Meanwhile in the fighting arena, John and Harper heard something falling to the ground in the center of the ring. "I think it's time to heat this fight up, don't you?" She shouted to the crowd he responded with a deafening roar. If the two turned around they'd see a baseball bat with nails and barbed wire wrapped around it.

@dark @thatguyinthestore @Gummi Bunnies
"It's not like this tunnel is a secret or anything," Bruce started. "The records are there if you want to find them. I just never expected them so...clean." Stumbling Bruce's left leg dropped into the sewer sludge flowing in the center. "Relatively speaking, of course." As they moved on they ended up with a fork in the road with three tunnels each going a separate way. The map indicated that they were supposed to go through the one in the center when they heard footsteps coming towards them from the center tunnel.

Heavy footsteps.

Bruce stopped everyone dead in their tracks and motioned them towards the right tunnel that according to the map only lead to a dead end, which might explain the lack of light or anything else. As everyone went into the shadows the footsteps came closer and louder.

There was no mistaking it, this was yet another one of those giants they had seen, but this one was far smaller than the other two they had seen. Despite that and how spacious the sewer tunnels were this creature barely fit inside the tunnels it was no doubt guarding from intruders. It was about to turn down to the tunnel where the group was hiding, but instead turned down the path they had come seemingly changing its mind. When it had finally disappeared down the tunnel Bruce turned to face the group. "I guess there are worse things than guard dogs wandering through these sewers." If nothing else this confirmed that Bane indeed had a presence in this tunnel.​

"Give it a wide berth," Bruce said stepping back out from the shadows. "Luckily it went down the path we started, so better hurry on." He ushered them down the center. It wasn't long though when they heard voices again. They seemed to have stumbled on a heated conversation.

"-Uck Riddler and his lame ass puzzles. Did we really need something for this damn door?" They heard another voice responding.

"It's such a fucking hassle if I need to go take a shit and the other guy's balls deep in one of the other tunnels to get our hands on their keycard. Can't we complain to someone?"

"Jerry complained..."

"Who's Jerry?"

"You're his replacement." The other guy went silent after that and soon enough they heard them walk away.

When Bruce assumed the coast was clear they moved on ending up at another fork in the road. One road continued forward, one turned to the left and the other went to the right. "So we are going to need keycards to get into Blackgate from here and we have no idea how we're going to get our hands on them..." He whipped out the map to inspect the sewer system further. It appeared that all three roads ended up at their destination, but which one should they choose.

"I suggest we split up into three groups,"
Aquawoman suggested. "That way we cover a far greater area and finding the keycards increases significantly. As the map says they all converge on our destination and we need them to move forward."

Bruce nodded as he rolled up the map again. "We will have it easier to hide in smaller groups if that monster shows up again too. Then the question remains...who goes where?"

With Connor falling to the ground the crowd erupted in cheers once again. "Well done Bluebird! Well done! But I believe my crowd are interested in a more...gruesome finale." Chants of the word kill filled the air like a mad mantra. John Connor's life was in Harper's hands. Was she going to fall to peer pressure or give all of them the proverbial middle finger?

@dark
Ben's enhanced smell allowed him to take in the grand potpourri that was the Gotham City sewers. The stench was so strong that it was hard to pin point what exactly was down each route. His enhanced sight showed him that the left path twisted to the left, the center one continued forwards for a good while and the right path went right.

"Since we are meeting up, perhaps equal numbers aren't as important this time around," Bruce responded. "I will at least go down the center path."

"And I the left one, people will be free to follow."
Aquawoman seemed to not want to stand around more than she had to.

As Harper's gruesome spectacle finished Roulette could only help but laugh. "Baby has claws I see! Very well, I guess that means Bluebird's the winner! Your reward." Harper felt herself getting shocked and falling limp to the ground as guards came in to drag her back to her cell. As for Connor. "Take him to processing, would be a shame to waste on good fighters."

"I hear you," The man responded back to Goro. "But don't you think it's rude to be interrupting my meditation?" As he spoke the door to the cellblock opened and Harper was tossed back into her cell. "Huh, considering I only heard one cell door slam shut. I guess we have a killer in our midst."

@thatguyinthestore @Gummi Bunnies @dark
Terry McGinnis
@Jeremi @Verite @Others?

If it weren't for the fear toxin's effects, Terry may have retorted with some witty comment towards Felix, but in the end... It looks like the Scarecrow was gone, for now at least. As they continued to treck throughout the area, Terry was still feeling a few effects from the fear toxin, most notably blurry vision, and general sensory disorientation.

His motions felt almost robotic as they fought the Jabberwocky like beast, eventually finishing it off, revealing a generic looking henchman within. No doubt a product of the lingering effects of the fear toxin, before they finally headed into a sewer system, narrowly avoiding another encounter with a smaller looking colossus, and even some goons.

Though said goons did tip them off (albeit unintentionally) about the fact that they needed key cards to access Blackgate, which would likely be spread out amongst the three paths they could traverse to get there. With Bruce going down the center and Aquawoman going left, Terry figured he would go a different direction, see where that would lead him...

Carefully activating his suit's camouflage feature, he decided to proceed with his intended plan.

FCbQNRy.png

"I'll go right..." He said.

And with that, Terry was off, sneaking down the right path.

"Hmm..." Felix hummed as he looked at each path. "Eeenie, meenie, minie... right path." Felix said as he began to stroll down said path, having chosen that one because he hated at least one person in each other path.

@Jeremi @York

The ones following Aquawoman found that the tunnel after it's first turn started going downwards. The water was steadily rising as well so that they were forced to take the walkways on either side.

Location-headers-Underground_sewers.jpg

Soon enough they found themselves in an open area with a walkway once again leading upwards. The murky sewage in the middle did not feel welcoming at all. Further into the tunnel you could hear someone talking but they echo made it hard to say how much further in it was coming from.

@Left group

The ones following Bruce continued along the path they found themselves at a junction.

bagnigge-feat.jpg

On the left there was some stairs leading upwards and further along the path they spotted a guy leaning against the wall. The heavy snoring certainly implied that he was sleeping on the job. There was not much else of note in the area. According to the map Bruce was carrying they should continue on the path forwards, but what could they do with the sleeping guard?

@Crow @Yun Lee @Ver @Center Group

The ones going right soon found themselves in a huge construction area.

1.jpg

One might question how they brought in the huge construction vehicles. Until they realized that they could see some night sky between the gaps in the ceiling. Seemed like the city of Gotham had been in the middle of some work as Bane hit the city. For the time being however they had to continue on. The group spotted too armed and masked men talking next to the vehicle, perhaps this were the two they had heard earlier. They hadn't spotted the group just yet so perhaps with some subterfuge they could get the drop on them?

@York @thatguyinthestore @Right group​

A sleeping guard? How anyone could sleep with that creepy monster around was beyond SeeU, but at least this could be a good chance to get in. "Hey...we're in need of a keycard, right? Maybe that guard has one."

@Crow @Jeremi @Ver @Center​

The ones following Bruce continued along the path they found themselves at a junction.

bagnigge-feat.jpg

On the left there was some stairs leading upwards and further along the path they spotted a guy leaning against the wall. The heavy snoring certainly implied that he was sleeping on the job. There was not much else of note in the area. According to the map Bruce was carrying they should continue on the path forwards, but what could they do with the sleeping guard?

A sleeping guard? How anyone could sleep with that creepy monster around was beyond SeeU, but at least this could be a good chance to get in. "Hey...we're in need of a keycard, right? Maybe that guard has one."

"Well, this new alien's not built for stealth, more of the violent type," Ben's new form whispers, "maybe I could wait for my watch to time out before I go Grey Matter, or better yet - one of you sneak towards his jingly keys, I knock him out cold if he even opens as eyelid."

@Crow @Jeremi @Ver @Jeremi @Center​

"Very possible," Bruce spoke a hushed tone as to not wake the guard. "Is there a way for us to control that with out waking him?"

"Well, this new alien's not built for stealth, more of the violent type," Ben's new form whispers, "maybe I could wait for my watch to time out before I go Grey Matter, or better yet - one of you sneak towards his jingly keys, I knock him out cold if he even opens as eyelid."

@Crow @Jeremi @Ver @Jeremi @Center​

"We can try, anyone feel up for it? I don't consider myself much of a ninja personally."

@Crow @Ver @Yun Lee @Center

The ones following Aquawoman found that the tunnel after it's first turn started going downwards. The water was steadily rising as well so that they were forced to take the walkways on either side.

Location-headers-Underground_sewers.jpg

Soon enough they found themselves in an open area with a walkway once again leading upwards. The murky sewage in the middle did not feel welcoming at all. Further into the tunnel you could hear someone talking but they echo made it hard to say how much further in it was coming from.

@Left group

bagnigge-feat.jpg

The ones going right soon found themselves in a huge construction area.

1.jpg

One might question how they brought in the huge construction vehicles. Until they realized that they could see some night sky between the gaps in the ceiling. Seemed like the city of Gotham had been in the middle of some work as Bane hit the city. For the time being however they had to continue on. The group spotted too armed and masked men talking next to the vehicle, perhaps this were the two they had heard earlier. They hadn't spotted the group just yet so perhaps with some subterfuge they could get the drop on them?

@York @thatguyinthestore @Right group​

Upon seeing the men, Felix smirked behind his helmet before turning to face Terry.

latest

"Word of advice kid, don't get in my way this time." He said before giving him a pat on the shoulder and tugging out a combat knife. After doing so, Felix threw one towards one of the unsuspecting men, aiming for between his eyes.

tumblr_n54jk3zMS51sk1w69o3_500.gif

@Jeremi @York

SeeU nodded. "I can do it. Luckily Vocaloid 3 models are made to be quiet. Vocaloid 1 always have a bit of a whirring sound." Finally, something she could do that was useful! She would attempt to sneak to the sneaking guard and look for a keycard on his person.

@Jeremi @Crow @Ver @Center​

SeeU nodded. "I can do it. Luckily Vocaloid 3 models are made to be quiet. Vocaloid 1 always have a bit of a whirring sound." Finally, something she could do that was useful! She would attempt to sneak to the sneaking guard and look for a keycard on his person.

"That's an unexpected feature from a Vocaloid, but I guess everything's good now," Ben whispers.

@Jeremi @Crow @Ver @Yun Lee @Center​

"Well, you don't want to make annoying robot sounds when at fan meetups and the like. We need to be as lifelike as possible, you know?"

@Crow @Jeremi @Ver

Upon seeing the men, Felix smirked behind his helmet before turning to face Terry.

latest

"Word of advice kid, don't get in my way this time." He said before giving him a pat on the shoulder and tugging out a combat knife. After doing so, Felix threw one towards one of the unsuspecting men, aiming for between his eyes.

tumblr_n54jk3zMS51sk1w69o3_500.gif

@Jeremi @York

It was a direct hit and one of the men fell down dead. That however left one standing. "Holy sh-!" He aimed his machine gun at the group and opened fire on them.

@thatguyinthestore @York @Right

As SeeU got closer the snoring got louder and gave her a better look on what he was carrying. Other than the assault rifle hanging over his head SeeU could see a keychain going into his pants pocket. Perhaps it was there he stored his keycard? The man seemed to be a heavy sleeper but it was best to not push her luck on the matter.

SeeU would not waste any time at all and would quickly retrieve the keychain, then rejoin the others. The sooner she was out of there, the better.

@Jeremi @Crow @vee

It was a direct hit and one of the men fell down dead. That however left one standing. "Holy sh-!" He aimed his machine gun at the group and opened fire on them.

@thatguyinthestore @York @Right

As SeeU got closer the snoring got louder and gave her a better look on what he was carrying. Other than the assault rifle hanging over his head SeeU could see a keychain going into his pants pocket. Perhaps it was there he stored his keycard? The man seemed to be a heavy sleeper but it was best to not push her luck on the matter.

As the knife hit the thug, Felix did what any rational person would do in a hostile situation:

tumblr_static_tumblr_static_bn2ct03ehvk08kogcookkogk8_640.gif

Gloat about how great he is.

When the other thug fired at him, Felix simply held up his shield, effectively blocking his bullets. Next, Felix attempted to ram the thug with his shield, though not hard enough to knock him out. Just enough to disarm him.

@Jeremi @York

SeeU would not waste any time at all and would quickly retrieve the keychain, then rejoin the others. The sooner she was out of there, the better.

@Jeremi @Crow @vee

SeeU managed to extract the keychain of the man and return to the group. There were a number of different keys on the chain but the blue keycard dangling from it caught Bruce's attention. "I think we only had half the job done though," He replied in hushed tones. "Didn't those two say that you needed more than one?" Even so one keycard in hand. They still needed to get past the sleeping guard or they could still investigate the stairs on the left of them.

As the knife hit the thug, Felix did what any rational person would do in a hostile situation:

tumblr_static_tumblr_static_bn2ct03ehvk08kogcookkogk8_640.gif

Gloat about how great he is.

When the other thug fired at him, Felix simply held up his shield, effectively blocking his bullets. Next, Felix attempted to ram the thug with his shield, though not hard enough to knock him out. Just enough to disarm him.

@Jeremi @York

The thug was knocked to the ground hard enough to drop his weapon but he was quick to try and get his hands on it to continue firing once again.

@York @thatguyinthestore @Right

SeeU managed to extract the keychain of the man and return to the group. There were a number of different keys on the chain but the blue keycard dangling from it caught Bruce's attention. "I think we only had half the job done though," He replied in hushed tones. "Didn't those two say that you needed more than one?" Even so one keycard in hand. They still needed to get past the sleeping guard or they could still investigate the stairs on the left of them.

The thug was knocked to the ground hard enough to drop his weapon but he was quick to try and get his hands on it to continue firing once again.

@York @thatguyinthestore @Right
Felix would only sigh and roll his eyes behind his helmet when the thug began to fire on him again, raising his shield as soon as he put his hands on the weapon.

"Y'know, as much as I'd love to play this dumbass game of badmidden with you..." Felix began as he tugged out his pistol, still casually holding up his shield and blocking the gun fire. Once he was locked and loaded Felix aimed for the thug's knee before shooting.

"I'm kinda in a rush here." Felix said after he shot at the thug.

@Jeremi @York

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back