Status
Not open for further replies.
"We got to do it!" SeeU couldn't let these poor people stay locked up! "Don't worry Mister Paul, you can go home to your family!" SeeU started for the control room Paul spoke of, more than ready to help.

@Jeremi @Lucky @thatguyinthestore

"I am not opposing it, but perhaps we should continue on? I do not wish to speak for everyone in the group though," Came Aquawoman's reply.

@Widowmaker

@Crow @Minerva @Lucky

"This place could use some air-conditioning. Good thing I'm here," Arctuguana adds, "I'll do the ceiling thing again."

Arctiguana scaled and climbed atop the ceiling, following the group as he did.

"Man, I love being upside-down."

@Widowmaker @Crow @Minerva @Lucky @Jeremi

"We got to do it!" SeeU couldn't let these poor people stay locked up! "Don't worry Mister Paul, you can go home to your family!" SeeU started for the control room Paul spoke of, more than ready to help.

@Jeremi @Lucky @thatguyinthestore
"Or..." Felix said, placing a firm hand on SeeU's shoulder and turning her around to face him. "We could ignore this fruitcake and find Bane, like we should be doing."

@Yun Lee @Jeremi @Lucky

SeeU merely smiled at Felix, politely taking his hamd off her shoulder. "I know being a good person is new to you, Mister Felix, but this is a good chance to learn! Besides, how can we stop Bane with so few people? Our numbers are so small now! Don't you want to better our chances?"

@thatguyinthestore @Jeremi @Lucky

SeeU merely smiled at Felix, politely taking his hamd off her shoulder. "I know being a good person is new to you, Mister Felix, but this is a good chance to learn! Besides, how can we stop Bane with so few people? Our numbers are so small now! Don't you want to better our chances?"

"I think we've got it handled, sweetheart. Even with short numbers. I mean, that Jotaro guy probably eats pure steel for breakfast a side of brick."

@Yun Lee

And there he was.

". . .Hmph. Give me a damn break."

Though, as SeeU took off running, she wouldn't get far before colliding with what felt like a stone wall. If Aoko was around, she could figure out what had just happened. Jotaro stood before SeeU, glaring down upon her from his monstrous height. Those watching couldn't figure out what had just happened, as Jotaro seemed to have appeared from quite literally nowhere. Everything distorted for a moment, and Jotaro was just. . .there. Out of thin air. Though, he seems to be apart of the Bruce's group now.

View attachment 1906

"SeeU."

His voice fell upon the android's audio sensors with authority and weight, like a pallet of bricks that was about to fall on top of her. His eyes weren't visible under the shadow cast by his black cap, but they darted to look upon Felix and the other's in the group. He didn't say anything for what felt like an eternity, until his weight diminished - he knelt down to match the android's height like he did before, and he'd grumble and shake his head.

"You really hate following the group, don't you? You're a real pain in the ass."

". . .but."

The stoic shell that masked the delinquent's face had cracked, however - the side of his mouth curled upward into a confident smirk.

View attachment 1905

"I guess it can't be helped. It's worth a shot. If we're going to the control room, let's go already."

Jotaro rose to his full height once more, offering SeeU the leading spot in the group's movement. He looked back to Bruce with a meaningful nod - it communicated the idea of 'trust me' without the need for words. If Bruce was game to follow along with the plan, Jotaro would expect the others to fall in line. Whether or not Paul was innocent or just looking to get scot free. . .a prisoner uprising is a damn good distraction, no? A high-profile telepath wouldn't want to leave his station to see what's going on. . .or, perhaps he feels like there's nothing more than a few rowdy prisoners.

He's getting a surprise either way.

@thatguyinthestore @Jeremi @Lucky @Yun Lee

Aoko06.png

"For a normally cold guy, you have a pretty warm heart, dontcha?"

Suddenly appearing within the Left group, whom she silently followed, lightly tapping Jotaro's (big) chest playfully with her index finger, Aoko initially let the others do the talking and internal affairs resolve themselves as SeeU and Felix debated the idea of freeing the newly discovered prisoners. They weren't matters that Aoko felt the need to weigh in on; she was beyond it, feeling like a person watching ants to a degree, and more importantly, she knew that the right decision would eventually be made. It was just a matter of whoever would force the matter, and insist the burden of saving someone's life.

Was this called, being a hero of justice?

"Don't worry, sir. We'll do everything in our power. And we've got lots of power to spare," she said to the man who introduced himself as Paul, before turning over to SeeU's and Bruce's direction if that was that. For a robot or whatever she exactly was, SeeU had a lot of heart. It was admirable, and it was evidently enough to even produce a smile on Jotaro's usually stoic expression.

Eagerly rubbing her hands together as a sign of zeal, the woman took a breath. "Now, then. Let's be on our way indeed!" She nodded in agreement with the university student.

@CrunchyCHEEZIT @Yun Lee @Jeremi @Lucky @thatguyinthestore

Last edited:
SeeU shook her head. "That's not good enough. I am going to save them! You don't have to join me, but I'll go!" Not sticking around, SeeU took off running.

And there he was.

". . .Hmph. Give me a damn break."

Though, as SeeU took off running, she wouldn't get far before colliding with what felt like a stone wall. If Aoko was around, she could figure out what had just happened. Jotaro stood before SeeU, glaring down upon her from his monstrous height. Those watching couldn't figure out what had just happened, as Jotaro seemed to have appeared from quite literally nowhere. Everything distorted for a moment, and Jotaro was just. . .there. Out of thin air. Though, he seems to be apart of the Bruce's group now.

View attachment 1906

"SeeU."

His voice fell upon the android's audio sensors with authority and weight, like a pallet of bricks that was about to fall on top of her. His eyes weren't visible under the shadow cast by his black cap, but they darted to look upon Felix and the other's in the group. He didn't say anything for what felt like an eternity, until his weight diminished - he knelt down to match the android's height like he did before, and he'd grumble and shake his head.

"You really hate following the group, don't you? You're a real pain in the ass."

". . .but."

The stoic shell that masked the delinquent's face had cracked, however - the side of his mouth curled upward into a confident smirk.

View attachment 1905

"I guess it can't be helped. It's worth a shot. If we're going to the control room, let's go already."

Jotaro rose to his full height once more, offering SeeU the leading spot in the group's movement. He looked back to Bruce with a meaningful nod - it communicated the idea of 'trust me' without the need for words. If Bruce was game to follow along with the plan, Jotaro would expect the others to fall in line. Whether or not Paul was innocent or just looking to get scot free. . .a prisoner uprising is a damn good distraction, no? A high-profile telepath wouldn't want to leave his station to see what's going on. . .or, perhaps he feels like there's nothing more than a few rowdy prisoners.

He's getting a surprise either way.

@thatguyinthestore @Jeremi @Lucky @Yun Lee
"Nice magic act." Felix commented dryly when Jotaro just.... teleported into the room. Not seeming too offput by his apparent teleporting abilities, Felix simply rolled his eyes behind his helmet and strolled onwards.

"You guys really are fuckin' gullible, y'know that?" Felix rhetorically asked the group as a whole, thinking that Paul guy was lying to them in some fashion. Though then again, if Paul or anyone else did try anything, Felix would simply put a bullet in his head and that would be the end of it.

@Ver @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Yun Lee @Jeremi @Lucky

HHE3TYQ.png

"Freeing these men is a good cause, but I am going to be direct, Miss SeeU. These men are more useful in their cells than out here," Soujirou said as he approached the group, casually keeping up with SeeU's run to the control room as he spoke calmly. "The only way we can really use them is as a distraction. If we cannot cut our enemies down, there is nothing people able to be entrapped by a few steel bars will be able to do either. They would simply be a hindrance. Pardon me if I am being too forward, but I do not believe simply using them as live bait was your intent, was it?"

It didn't really matter to him what they did, in his opinion they would just slash down the telepath regardless, but quite frankly it seemed impractical to release the prisoners. As Felix had likely thought given his rhetorical question, the man could simply be lying. Barring that, as Soujirou himself had said, such normal people were of no use in a fight. And the last option he could quickly think of, using them as a distraction or as meat shields, probably didn't sit with the group any better than him decapitating every enemy in sight.

Well, maybe just a distraction would be alright. But he sort of got the impression SeeU wanted the prisoners to fight at their side, in which case Soujirou couldn't help but see them as handicaps.

@Ver @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Yun Lee @Jeremi @Lucky @thatguyinthestore

The camera seemed to be moving back and forth to cover the entire path in front of it. "Perhaps with a boost one of us can unhook it?" Bruce responded.

An larger cable seemed to be hooked directly into the wall next with. A good tug could probably unhook it.

@thatguyinthestore @Yun Lee @Lucky @Left path

"Then I suggest you and Mason. I will look rather conspicuous with my trident."
As they where changing Aquawoman went into the elevator. It seemed like this particular elevator could reach up to the 5th floor. "It appears it is as we surmised and that we are in the basis. What floor would you all suggest we try our luck on?"

@Crow @Minerva @Widowmaker @Lucky
"Better then going from the top and working down. Plus the elevator could be used at any point while we're here so starting bottom to top seems to be the better approach."

@Jeremi @Lucky @Crow @Minerva
Corey

Corey saw that it was hooked to the wall and he gave it a good hard tug with his super strength. He hoped that didn't trip any wires.

@thatguyinthestore @Yun Lee @Jeremi

Mason

Mason nodded and stripped the other guard of his uniform and slide it on. Hopefully, this would fool the others for a long time and he looked over at them. " I say we should start with the second floor and work our way up." He wasn't sure why, but he felt that was a good idea to say the least bit. He smiled, hoping that the others would agree.

@Crow @Minerva @Widowmaker @Jeremi
"I'm Paul. I work for the GCPD, Bane's goons captured me and I've been stuck in this prison cell ever since. I just want to get home to my wife and kids. If there's anything you can do then please help me!" The man was practically grovelling at SeeU's feet.

Bruce decided to look around. "Well like Felix says...we don't have a key."

"On the other side of the door following the path there's a guard and a control panel to all the cells in the block. You can help all of us!"

@Lucky @Yun Lee @thatguyinthestore

"I am not opposing it, but perhaps we should continue on? I do not wish to speak for everyone in the group though,"
Came Aquawoman's reply.

@Widowmaker

@Crow @Minerva @Lucky

tumblr_inline_opmp6ceeWf1t6c6km_540.png

"It doesn't seem like there's anything important that we need on this floor." Ann said looking at the infirmary. "I say we leave it alone. I don't want to accidentally damage any expensive medical equipment if we have to fight."

They could hear Paul singing their praises the entire way as they walked to the door. Now the other prisoners also noticed them and starting shouting and screaming. If it continued someone was bound to notice. Sure enough the door at the end of the hallway opened and out came a guard confused about all the noise.

Spotting the group instead of going for his gun he reached for his radio ready to warn the rest of the prison that there was intruders inbound.

@Ver @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Yun Lee @Jeremi @Lucky @thatguyinthestore @Kaykay

"Very well, Ben get off that ceiling we are continuing on." Aquawoman pressed the 3rd flood button and the elevator went up. A ding indicated that they had reached their destination. Stepping outside they found some signs one of them saying C wing leading straight forward and the other saying solitary confinement and leading to the right.

They could hear Paul singing their praises the entire way as they walked to the door. Now the other prisoners also noticed them and starting shouting and screaming. If it continued someone was bound to notice. Sure enough the door at the end of the hallway opened and out came a guard confused about all the noise.

Spotting the group instead of going for his gun he reached for his radio ready to warn the rest of the prison that there was intruders inbound.
aoko5.png

"Oh no you don't!"

FZZT!

The instant Aoko registered the presence of the guard at the end of the corridor, she points her finger forward and fires a blue beam of pure, concentrated magical energy, firing like a sniper with precision accuracy. While it was by no means anywhere near as massive as the beams she'd fired when up against the colossus on the Penguin's lounge or the Jabberwocky from before, the redhead manually adjusted the magnitude of the beam herself, figuring that it would be enough to knock out one lousy guard.

She could only hope that it'd reach him before the others in the area would be alerted though. That'd just be troublesome.

"What a pain though... I know these guys are excited, but they're gonna backfire on us, phew," Aoko sighed, rubbing her temple briefly, "Guess it's too late to go back on our word anyway. If anything, I think that's our cue to go from a walk to a nice jog, before anything else happens."

@Jeremi @Kaykay @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Yun Lee @thatguyinthestore @Lucky

Last edited:
"Very well, Ben get off that ceiling we are continuing on." Aquawoman pressed the 3rd flood button and the elevator went up. A ding indicated that they had reached their destination. Stepping outside they found some signs one of them saying C wing leading straight forward and the other saying solitary confinement and leading to the right.

MiOwPxM.jpg

"If I'm not wrong, solitary confinement indicates a prisoner that needs a lot of monitoring, and a lot of monitoring means a lot of guards. If we're trying to avoid as many guards as possible, we should go straight," Arctiguana suggests.

"Solitary Confinement... Could be really useful or could get us caught...." Dante muttered to himself, considering going there while also considering not going there.

MiOwPxM.jpg

"If I'm not wrong, solitary confinement indicates a prisoner that needs a lot of monitoring, and a lot of monitoring means a lot of guards. If we're trying to avoid as many guards as possible, we should go straight," Arctiguana suggests.

"Ben makes a good point. If we went to the confinement, we'll most likely encounter a lot of guards. Specially when there could be a very nasty person locked up, making the guards stay on top form. I think going straight is the better call."

@Jeremi @Crow @Minerva @Lucky

image.png

"Oh no you don't!"

FZZT!

The instant Aoko registered the presence of the guard at the end of the corridor, she points her finger forward and fires a blue beam of pure, concentrated magical energy, firing like a sniper with precision accuracy. While it was by no means anywhere near as massive as the beams she'd fired when up against the colossus on the Penguin's lounge or the Jabberwocky from before, the redhead manually adjusted the magnitude of the beam herself, figuring that it would be enough to knock out one lousy guard.

She could only hope that it'd reach him before the others in the area would be alerted though. That'd just be troublesome.

"What a pain though... I know these guys are excited, but they're gonna backfire on us, phew," Aoko sighed, rubbing her temple briefly, "Guess it's too late to go back on our word anyway. If anything, I think that's our cue to go from a walk to a nice jog, before anything else happens."

The blast knocked the guard through the door he had entered just a few seconds ago knocking him out and the door off its hinges. As the group made their way to the control room they could see a number of monitors going through the entire prison. The could even see the other team on one of them before it switched. The dash itself looked rather complicated with a lot of buttons and switches sprawled over, but it was quite clear that the big red button with unlock written on top of it was what they were looking for. "Who wants to have the honors?"

"Very well, the C-wing it is." Aquawoman said her steps picking up as they got closer to the door as they were in front of it they spotted a small sloping walkway going down. "Probably another way to the infirmary," Aquawoman replied off hand as she reached for the door only to find it locked. A sigh of annoyance later she had ripped the door off its hinges and tossed it behind her and the group. "I have grown tired of stealth, if someone heard that then they are more than welcome to meet me in battle."

However as they stepped in they found no guards, but they spotted familiar faces. "Bluebird, Goro, Connor!" Aquawoman was utterly stunned as she spotted their supposedly dead comrades inside the prison cells. "How can this be? We saw all of you die!"

@Gummi Bunnies @dark @thatguyinthestore @Jeremi @Crow @Minerva @Lucky

SeeU needed a moment to process Jotaro suddenly being there, which was the amount of time it took for her to register she had fallen to the floor upon bumping into such a large guy. Confusion soon turned to misery, however, as he was upset with her...even calling her a pain in the ass. Oh no...he hated her. She had done so bad. They were all so upset with her she should have known-

Wait.

What?

Why was he smiling? Why was he letting her lead the charge? This...what? As she tried to process this, Soujirou's comments and Miss Blue's attack went totally over her pretty little head. But it was okay, as soon her attention was drawn to the big red button up on the panel. Well...since this was her idea, it was only right to push it, right? And who knows? Maybe that would make up for killing Mister Majima...

So, without further ado...SeeU smashed that mf button, yo.

@Jeremi @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Ver @Kaykay @thatguyinthestore @Lucky

"Very well, the C-wing it is." Aquawoman said her steps picking up as they got closer to the door as they were in front of it they spotted a small sloping walkway going down. "Probably another way to the infirmary," Aquawoman replied off hand as she reached for the door only to find it locked. A sigh of annoyance later she had ripped the door off its hinges and tossed it behind her and the group. "I have grown tired of stealth, if someone heard that then they are more than welcome to meet me in battle."

However as they stepped in they found no guards, but they spotted familiar faces. "Bluebird, Goro, Connor!" Aquawoman was utterly stunned as she spotted their supposedly dead comrades inside the prison cells. "How can this be? We saw all of you die!"

"What the hell... Something doesn't add up... How are you all alive?" Dante was quite surprised to see the former allies back in shape but it didn't add up. How were they alive?

"Wait a minute. I'm not suffering more from the gas right? This isn't some kind of illusion?"

The blast knocked the guard through the door he had entered just a few seconds ago knocking him out and the door off its hinges. As the group made their way to the control room they could see a number of monitors going through the entire prison. The could even see the other team on one of them before it switched. The dash itself looked rather complicated with a lot of buttons and switches sprawled over, but it was quite clear that the big red button with unlock written on top of it was what they were looking for. "Who wants to have the honors?"

"What the hell... Something doesn't add up... How are you all alive?" Dante was quite surprised to see the former allies back in shape but it didn't add up. How were they alive?

"Wait a minute. I'm not suffering more from the gas right? This isn't some kind of illusion?"

Ann was, well, startled to see the formerly dead members. Something didn't seem right.
"We should be careful. What if they're Cognitions?" she said. She prepared to turn into Panther.

SeeU needed a moment to process Jotaro suddenly being there, which was the amount of time it took for her to register she had fallen to the floor upon bumping into such a large guy. Confusion soon turned to misery, however, as he was upset with her...even calling her a pain in the ass. Oh no...he hated her. She had done so bad. They were all so upset with her she should have known-

Wait.

What?

Why was he smiling? Why was he letting her lead the charge? This...what? As she tried to process this, Soujirou's comments and Miss Blue's attack went totally over her pretty little head. But it was okay, as soon her attention was drawn to the big red button up on the panel. Well...since this was her idea, it was only right to push it, right? And who knows? Maybe that would make up for killing Mister Majima...

So, without further ado...SeeU smashed that mf button, yo.

@Jeremi @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Ver @Kaykay @thatguyinthestore @Lucky

Bishamon, who had took it upon herself to follow along with Bruce's group simple stood back and let SeeU do her thing, while also keeping an eye on the monitor, and the door, just in case.

@Jeremi @Yun Lee @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Ver @Kaykay @thatguyinthestore @Lucky

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back