Soul Eater AU

Shiko: What are you doing..?
She recoils a bit, as if she was expecting them to hurt her for whatever reason. She actually seems to be afraid of them.

(This is important, since they'll find out later that her parents and siblings had abused her both emotionally and physically for her whole life. She expects other people to do the same, since she's never known kindness or compassion from others.)

(Edit; fixed a typo lol)

Crona: I know what it's like to be scared or sad... it's nicer to have someone sitting with you when that happens They give a smile and sit themselves down on the floor opposite the bed

Shiko seems a bit confused, but also feels a little better having someone there with her since she's also afraid of being alone. She's also clutching, almost hugging a pillow for comfort

Shiko: Oh... Well, at least come sit over here, then... She even surprises herself with this, but for some reason she feels like she can trust them, even if they are a total stranger...

Shiko nods, half-hiding behind the pillow. She's acting incredibly shy and timid now, a huge difference from the confident attitude she had before. She also seems pretty tired but has clearly gotten no sleep

Shiko: I've never been away from home before.. And I'm so used to having people around, I really hate being alone...

Crona: Oh... well you're not alone now Crona awkwardly pats Shiko's leg trying to be comforting but realised soon after it was probably was weird so stops and looks away blushing

Much to their surprise, Shiko actually laughs. More of a quiet, half-suppressed chuckle but hey, it was still there.

Shiko: Oh wow, I just can't.. I can't handle you. You're so awkward and shy and it's just so adorable..
She somehow has no problem with saying things like this lol

By now, Shiko's stopped crying. She can't help but grin at the sight of Crona's smile, and just hopes they don't notice xD

Shiko: Jeez, I swear that shy little smile of yours is gonna be the death of me... I'm so glad you've changed.

(Strange thing to say since she's never met them, don't ya think? This is important btw it's not just her being weird)

Last edited:
Shiko: O-oh um.. never mind that! It's just that I've heard about the Demon Swordsman thing... from other students...
She's clearly hiding something

Shiko: Oh you know, just some basic stuff, not much.. Just that you used to be an enemy of the DWMA, and that somehow someone got you to change sides... Really, that's all! she seems a bit nervous now You should go to bed, don't worry about me. I- I'll try to sleep...

(OOC: Okay so first off, Shiko's a terrible liar xD and second, seeing as I've added a new part to her backstory, I'm going to start working that into the story now. It definitely will affect what happens, since Shiko's incapable of soul resonance, she can operate alone without a meister, and she's also trying to become a kishin. Think Crona during their first appearance, that's how Shiko is now. She's just a little bit better at hiding it.)

Shiko: Yeah, don't worry about it. I don't need some human looking after me...
She's suddenly very insistent that Crona leaves as soon as possible. Being around them reminded her of why she was here, and now she needed them to leave so she could go hunt. She'd been ignoring her hunger all day, but it was starting to grow unbearable; she needed souls and she needed them NOW. But of course, she couldn't let them know that...

Back