Stahlhiem: College of Magic (Rebooted!) IC

Simon - Year One Classroom

Simon rushes to be one of the first to get a permission slip. He briefly skims the paper "This paper entitles this student blah blah blah Ok" He puts the paper into his back pack , cleans his desk and rushes out to try to find the library and if possible stop at the mead hall to pack up some food and drink encase he gets hungry.

Tashunka - First Year Class

Tashunka enjoyed the rest of class and thanks to Simon he didn't really have any more questions. After Class had ended Tashunka walked up to the front of the class and grabbed one of the papers and thanked Master Wijk for the class. Tashunka didn't really want to go into town alone, so he decided to ask some of the other students if they wanted to join him, "hey any of you guys going into town?" Tashunka asked the other students that had been sitting next to him in class.

Parpar - First Year Class

Parpar stood, closing his mostly empty page of notes and taking his items in his hands and following to the front. He took a paper just after Tash, absent mindedly thinking of what sort of items would make a good conduit for him.

"I will be." Parpar said, just a little too fast. If he was human, he could have blushed at it. "Just for finding my conduit, you know."

Last edited:
Emi -class room-:
*Stands up from seat and goes up to professor Wijk* "Professor...I was only trying to learn tea (Thee) langugie (language) of you's people" *Cheeks heat up but my skin being dark as it is the blush doesn't show giving off my embarrassment as I try to do a more formal apology* "I have much affection for your ways of the person and I am endeavored to you and would like to give my condolences to the lesson I interrupted" *Grabs a paper and continues to wait for response*

Last edited:
Coro-first year classroom
coro quickly gets up and gets a paper looking at it and pouts. "I have no idea what this says... someone please help..."
'Hey aine what should i get as my conduit?' 'That is up to you to decide no me.' Coro looks down at the paper still unabl to comprehend what is written on it. "sigh this is impossible...."

Borghild - 1st Year Classroom

"That is a fine gesture." Started Master Wijk "But that doesn't excuse your tardiness to the class. It is considered rude to the teacher and it will eventually hurt your education. If you wish to learn more about the Border Empire, then I cannot help you. I'm not a citizen of the Empire, nor do I know much about it's history or culture. If you wish you might want to ask some of the citizens within the city or some of the teachers or your senor peers." She suggested

----------

Adam Fuchs - Library

The Beast Man watches over the library as per his job. The Beast Man wears white robes and while he has the face of a man, he has the spiral horns and ears of a goat and instead of feet he has goat hooves. His ears perk up when the hear the sound of a student rushing towards the library. He picks up his conduit, a feather quill and when the student runs through the doors, he casts a bolt of light to flash in the boy's eyes to stop him in his tracks. Without another word he writes in the air 'Please do not run the halls. It can disrupt others who are trying to study. Now can I help you in any way?'

Simon - Library

"Ah sorry Mr" He leans forward to read the plaque on the desk "Fu-Fush-Fusasss Mr Fusas. I just really wanted to do well on this assignment and I guess I got to excited again I'm truly sorry" Simon straightens up "Well since i'm new I just need to know how many books I can borrow" Simon then glances over the rows of shelves "And I see you have A wonderful collection" He compliments as best he can "But I need books on specific subjects namely the basics on creating and reinforcing a conduit and a book on alchemy specifically one that gives a formula for creating etching cream" He holds his smile a little too long then drops it "Your help is very much appreciated"

Mikida - First Year Classroom

Mikida seems more annoyed than anything else when she is forcibly moved by her teacher. It almost seems remarkable how little Mikida reacts to everything, with the majority of her feelings covered up by her lethargic behavior. Though, she does spend the rest of the class not even pretending to listen. However, this time she makes sure not to draw attention to herself by asking questions, rather, she takes the time to lay her head on the desk. She never falls completely asleep, but there are certainly a few moments where she might have appeared that way. By the time class ends, she seemed pretty lifeless, reacting slowly to the release of class as to allow the majority of the students to leave.

For a moment, Mikida walks towards the teacher, but rebounds mid-step, instead walking for the door. However, her eyes are on Audrey.

Audrey: City of Stahlhiem--Tea House

Audrey sips her dark tea. The blend master called it blossoms at dawn. Swirling the hot liquid around her pallet she could almost feel the sun on her cheeks, and smell the soft fragrance of dew topped flowers. It was a good blend she decides, and makes a note to send some to her father's blend master.

The other patrons spoke in hushed tones making the background noise like waves in the ocean.

Audrey smiles. She wished Mikida was her to enjoy the tea house, but when Audrey asked if she wanted to join her she wanted explore the school grounds and prepare for the next class.

A new server approaches. She is beautiful. Long brown hair, eyes the color of uncut emeralds, strong nose, and full lips. Shayla would call them kissable lips. The thought of Shayla made Audrey's heart ache. Her father refused to allow the miller's daughter to follow her to school. Which caused the last few days at home a warzone of silence and covert looks.

Audrey places her hand over the cup and smiles. Taking out two gold pieces she sets them on the table, and walks out.

She looks for the nearest jeweler. Audrey buys silver wire and askes to see the merchant's amethyst selection. She is unimpressed with the selection until she sees an uncutstone the size of a robin's egg. The glint of a gold vein catches her eyes. She purchases the stone and places it in a hidden pocket in her waistband.

She leaves with a smile on her face and walks towards the school. She doesn't notice being followed.

When she passes an opening arms reach out, grabbing her, and a hand is slams over her mouth. She tries to bite but only tears her mouth.

"Stupid, foreign bitch." The man hits Audrey in the head, fast and hard.

When Audrey awakes her purse, cloak, shopping bags, and jewelry were gone. She curses her stupidity and stumbles back to the school.

Citizens give her a wide birth. She can see the judgement in their eyes, probably assuming she got drunk on break.

She can hardly think through the pain. Audrey spots the School Gate as her world goes dark again.

Last edited:
Adam Fuchs - Library

The beastman wasn't amused at Simon's attempt at pronouncing his name, but it didn't matter in the long run. He clears the previous words in the air, as if cleaning a chalkboard, and promptly replaced them with some new words. 'You can borrow a maximum of 5 books at a time for week at a time. There are several books on glasswork in the Industry Section, aisle 10 and the there are several books and copies of the basics of enchantment, conduits and their usage in the Magic Section, Aisle 21. Please do not ruin them and please do not disrupt others.' The beastmen 'said'

----------

Void Born Guards - Stahlhiem Gate

The armored halberds stood vigilant at the gates, watching for any miscreants that might wish to do harm to the college and its students, or just any ruffians looking for trouble. The spotted a figure walking towards the gate, wearing the college's robes. The person seemed to be rather injured. They kept their halberds close and held them tightly in case this was a sort of trick, but then the figure collapsed. One of the Void Born guards rush to help, as the other waits and watches in case of an ambush or a trap.

The Void Born goes over to Audrey, and after checking to see if she was breathing, quickly took her to the infirmary.

----------

Eponia Haran - Infirmary

The balding Britannian man was busy brewing a mixture when the Void Born enters the infirmary with Audrey.

"Hmm? What is- Oh my. This might be rather serious. Lay her on one of the beds, hurry hurry." He said as the Void Born complied laying her on one of the medical beds. "He checks her for obvious injures and wounds. "Hmm....tell me Guard, where do you find her."

"Just outside the College Sir. She was walking but then collapsed. I assumed she was attacked while she was out in the city." The Void Born replied

"I see...take my request to start an investigation to Captain Felder if you would so kindly. I shall make sure she lives through the night." He said the Void Born nods before leaving the infirmary. The Life Master checks her head and finds a large wound, probably where her attack struck. He reaches in his pouch and pulls out his conduit, a towel, wrapping it around Audrey's head. The towel began to glow with a golden light as ever fiber of the towel began to accelerate the healing process.

Tashunka - road to town

"Okay then let's get going so we can be back in time for dinner. I need to stop by my room to grab some money and change before we leave the castle," Tashunka replied leaving the classroom and heading for his room. When Tashunka made it to his room he changed out of the robes into his normal beaded armor. Grabbing a leather saddle bag and his money Tashunka met back up with Parpar, who seemed to have also changed into a very nice martial arts robe that made the robes they had been wearing look like rags.

Tashunka left the castle with Parpar and started to head into town. "So, you have any idea what you're going to use as a conduit?" Tashunka asked trying to start up a conversion.

Last edited:
Parpar - Road to Town

"I have a few ideas, a staff and a bracelet... I might have to get two, actually, I like them both too much. You?" Parpar responded, half-following, half-leading Tash towards the emptying market squares of the town.

Simon - Library

Simon give the man a quite nod then makes his way to isle 21 peruses the books for a couple he could easily understand. He then makes his way over to the section of the library for magic and looks for a book on the fundamentals of magic. He takes the three books into his hands wordlessly places them on the desk of the goat-man, waits for Mr. Fuchs to log the his name then give another quite nod before leaving for his room and dropping the books off.

Simon - City

Simon was excited half jogging out of the college gates. He spends the first hour exploring the city and learning more about it careful to not stray far from the crowds. Once he had explored awhile and wasted a few coins on worthless baubles and street foods from random stall he starts to run his errands. First he finds Gilmore's glorious goods an alchemy shop he heard about where he buys bone ash, Two rat skeletons, more ink, a bundle of purple clematis flowers, some salt, A mortar and pestle, a metal pot, a spare brush and a bundle of blue morning glory flowers. He then finds a glass workshop run by passionate looking Alttanin man blowing glass in the curtained room behind the counter He asks for a tub of etching cream and a plastic or rubber palette. His final errand was to stop at a mason's workshop to commission heart shaped stone necklace that was big enough for him to draw on.

Simon starts walking lazily out of the workshop partly chiding himself for spending so much but ultimately just shrugs "If I really need the money I can just send a letter to mom and dad". Simon stops by a quite tea house for some lunch ordering a cinnamon role and some green tea. He was offered what was called "blossom of dawn" but turned the waiter down. As he approached the college gates he sees a void born guard carrying an unconscious woman he shrugged to himself, Looked at the still kinda light sky and thought "I got a good while before Dinner". He follows to void-born only half stealthy before stopping at the infirmary door. He decides to leave for now and practice his magic in the testing ground using the book he got from the library as a guide to raise a rat.

Mikida - Outer Walls

Mikida, after having spent plenty of time alone, starts to make her rounds around the castle. Although nobody could account for her going back to her room, and she didn't have any possessions to speak of since class started, she had somehow obtained a fresh set of clothes to go jogging in. Showing her worldliness, the clothes didn't resemble anything that Verdantkin would ever wear. The clothes were almost a poncho, but the material was much less durable, much like something a pauper would wear out of desperation. However, these clothes clearly weren't intended for the poor based on the intricate drawstring with little balls of cotton dangling from the end. Plus, there was a small flap on the back that moves about like a cape, depicting what looks to be some sort of crest, but it doesn't match up with any of the well known Verdantkin families. Her top only covered to about a quarter of the way down her thighs, the next quarter of real estate was taken up by a blue material that skirted down to just halfway down her thigh. She didn't have anything on for footgear, though it didn't seem like she felt bothered jogging across rough terrain, which was especially surprising considering her feet looked like that of a posh noble, completely free of any callouses.

Mikida had been jogging for quite some time when she noticed the guards go on alert. Reacting with an air of curiosity, Mikida does some snooping, only to find that Audrey was being rushed towards the building. Although the situation wasn't yet clear, Mikida couldn't help but chase after them. She lagged behind due to being nearly 17 seconds behind the guard, and even loses sight of the guards several times, but through intuition and a little bit of luck, Mikida manages to follow them all the way to the infirmary where she finds Audrey critically wounded.

Mikida doesn't react much however. A bit of shock comes across her face initially, but then the sleepiness overtakes the expression as per usual. Mikida sits down quietly, allowing the Britannian with the infamous towel to do his work. Mikida reaches out with her hand as if to touch Audrey momentarily, though she was much too distant to be successful in this, though ultimately rest it on her lap patiently. Mikida was so quiet in this, it is unlikely she would have been noticed without someone paying express attention to her.

Coro-school halls

Coro gives up on trying to read the slip and walks around the halls aimlessly eventually getting lost. 'Hopefully we dont run into that boy again he was mean.. honestly to react the way he did hes as bad as the people in the villages... well actually he is worse he did try to attack the teacher for no reason as well. 'Hopefully he died after being shot it would make the world a little nicer.' Coro continues to walk around the halls of the school in a futile attempt to find the dorms.

Tashunka - Town

"I am going to make a ceremonial pipe. I don't really need much to make one, just some feathers, beads, maybe some leather, and a good piece of wood." Tashunka replied to Parpar as they made their way into the market. Tashunka wondered around the market following Parpar and just picking up items that he thought would make a good pipe.

Audrey Infirmary

Audrey awakes in a strange room. The face of the waiter in the Tea House fades as she looks up at the white ceiling. She tries to remember how she arrived in a bed, but only a slight ache answers her. She starts to sit up when a wave of unease washes over her. She lays her head gently back on the pillow.

“Hello?” Her uneasy voice shakes. “Is there anyone here?”

"A pipe would fit you, I can see that." Parpar made his way through the array of stalls quickly, giving each stall a glance before moving on. Finally, a strong smell pulled him closer. A small Alttanin stall that was covered in very expensive foreign spices. He spoke in his native tounge, quickly exchanging a series of jokes that must have been about the food here, then handed over a sac heavy with coin for an array of small jars of brightly coloured spice.

"Finally, some real flavour. You're going to have to try these when we get back." Parpar carefully tucked the jars away inside of his Gi, continuing on to an armoury to look for a staff.

Eponia Haran - Infirmary

The Britainnian pours a cup of strong but bitter wine as Audrey wakes up. He makes his way over to Audrey with the cup in hand. "There, there don't get up. Here drink a bit of this. It will dull the pain just enough." He said, handing her the cup of bitter wine. "You're in the infirmary right now. I am Master Haran. You took a nasty blow to the head, but you'll do fine." He readjusts his towel conduit to make sure it doesn't fall off, wasting the magic.

Mikida- Infirmry

Mikida watches the dialogue between Master Haran and Audrey. Still quiet as a mouse, Mikida does little more than sit around out of the way, letting her feet dangle beneath her. It is still unclear if the Master even realized that Mikida had entered the room. Had she needed medical attention, she would likely have needed to voice herself. To the outside observer, the only hint Mikida provided as to the nature of her business here was her single-minded attention to Audrey. Yet, even as Audrey woke in her disoriented state, Mikida sat silently watching in plain sight.

Back