Stahlhiem College of Magic

Mikida is happy as ever to find support in her fast friend Rahvi. Although she honestly didn't think herself capable of taking a walk after reaching the dorms where she'd be able to go to sleep properly, she understood the level of empathy Rahvi had for her. Just the fact that she mentioned considering going for a walk earlier was enough for her to go out of her way to ask on her behalf. Now, this good feeling quickly vanished when a male expressed a particularly racist view. Having the appearance of a Verdantkin, she knew the possibility, but she thought for certain that they wouldn't say something so vile to a child. Turning to face him, the hurt feelings didn't show through however. Sighing, Mikida tries her best to deliver a coherent response, "I think that everyone belongs in a place of learning. Some may have more to learn than others, but really that can't be helped." Mikida wants to say something further, but she knows she is too tired to get confrontational. Instead she just never makes it clear that it is him whom she is referring to.

"Nice to meet you Steven. You're from the Empire too? You look like it. What's up with that Verdantkin up there being an asshole? Who's he?"
Ella nods towards the boy who she overheard make an off-color comment. She made sure she spoke loud enough for him to hear.

Jagton overheard this and started making his way away from the group, but not to far. He didn't want to be near if "IF" a fight broke out.

"You're allowed to have your beast with you, just make sure they don't disrupt the class. It is a rather noble and sacred partnership the Griffin Kingdoms have with your beasts after all." Said Borghild ignoring the Verdantkin's comment.

"Yeah but still. She's...like a Rotter right? Inbred Tribal savages living in the freezing cold? I assumed they would be at least made to live outside or something to make sure they don't infect us or something." Replied the Verdantkin. "And I personally would be happen to be Prince Thal the second son of the House of Rando. Who are you Borderman to address me in such a manner?" The Verdantkin pushes aside several students to address Ella.

"We are Bordermen who choose to address you in such a manner. For a prince, you are astonishingly clumsy in your speech; surely your tutors have told you that there is a time and place for things to be said?"

"Thank you for informing me mam," replied Jagton. He looked back to see Ella and the Verdantkin next to each other.

"Oh dear," he said to himself as he got closer. He didn't like it, but he couldn't say anything.

Three hours of classes and then five of free time? This certainly sounded like Rahvi's kind of place. She was a very eager learner, but the masses of time to explore and teach herself through any means possible sounded like a lot of fun. She tried to keep an eye out for the path as they were led to their dorms, but she far too easily distracted by her surroundings. She never had had much of a head for direction, but at least getting lost all the time kept everything fresh.
The girl who had stormed in in a temper was trailing behind the group with Steven. She seemed to have calmed down once she'd realised she was in friendly company, and Rahvi was glad for it. She didn't want anyone killing the vibe. Still, the new girl was older and harder than the friends she'd already made. Looked like a Borderlander. At least no-one ever had to ask where Rahvi was from. She only came up to most people's chests, if she was lucky.
She still hadn't made a decision about her, despite knowing she'd be hungry and having had Steven offer her food. She looked a little hostile-nothing Rahvi wasn't sure she could overcome, but probably enough to kill the good vibe of the evening. Turned out that some Verdantkin douche would be the first to try that particular task though. Although Miki couldn't be as young as she looked, she shouldn't have to be exposed to that kind of talk. She handled it just fine, but before Rahvi could add her piece, the new girl piped up.
Grinning, Rahvi mind up her mind about her. She dropped back to where she and Steven were walking and offered her some pie.
The Verdantkin didn't seem to take the hint.
Rahvi saw Jagten backing away from the crowd, a sure sign that something was about to go down. She stayed where she was, by Ella's side, eating eating an apple. They didn't know it yet, but an apple was a great projectile when you had telekinesis.
Prince Thal the prick pushed over to face off with Ella. Looking up at the oncoming fight, Rahvi took another bite of her apple.
Steven's formal clothes apparently extended to his speech as well. Rahvi found his eloquence highly entertaining. And Borghild didn't appear to be about to step in, so she spoke up as well. "You're a long way from your mansion, Thally old buddy. Don't think many folk are gonna agree with you round these parts."
She bounced on the balls of her feet and chewed her apple.

"And I assume you were are of noble birth as well? I heard that you Borderlings and Stunties got rid of your kings and queens thousands of years ago. If that's the case then how who are you to talk to me? I was born a Prince, raised a Prince, trained as a Prince, taught as a Prince and I've even taken lessons in each of your boorish language, as barbaric and confusing as they were. And what of you? You're a peasant. A common thug hoping that if you knock down the tallest tree you would be able to find some of the sun for yourself. What I do with my time and what I call people is my own business and unless you're going to apologize for your tone against me, I suggest you turn around with your tail tucked behind your legs you damnable women."

Ella took the pie with a gracious and genuinely warm smile. She basked in the heat that rose this time. Here we are again old friend. No shame, no hurt, just the beautiful tragedy of Ella Beaumont. That pie looked so good. She was hungry and her mouth whetted at the prospect of food, her stomach demanded it. She wouldn't give in though, her old friend would have her moment. Her gaze turned toward the Verdantkin, eyes sparkling with mischief. She smashed the pie right into his smug maw.

Rahvi started laughing so hard she had to hold onto Ella's leg to keep herself from falling to the floor.

"Clearly, common sense and diplomacy were not in any of those lessons. Angering your opponents when you are outnumbered and effectively at their mercy does not speak highly of your education."

The Verdantkin wipes the pie off his face and gritted his teeth. In the heat of rage, the Verdantkin takes out a thin knife and tackles Ella, attempting to stab her in the throat. The students involved in the situation back off, as Borghild realized the situation has gotten out of hand but without any bodies around, and with her child to think about, she turned towards the dark hallway and shouted "Guards!"

The Thal didn't hear Borghild shout as he continued his assault with his knife getting closer and closer to her throat by the second.

In an instant Jagton had gotten behind the insane prince and put him in a headlock. Then he spun the prince around trying to throw him at the wall.

Rahvi's eyes widened. The situation had quickly gone from hilarious to very serious. She pegged her apple at the prick's head and pulled on the knife and his hand with her mind, straining against his strength to keep it away from Ella's throat.

Ella focused intently on the knife in the Verdantkin's hand. Shit, she thought, I need this metal stuff to work now! She mentally tried to hurl the knife from his hand and stick it harmlessly into the wall.

"Beating up girls is what you're about then? Coward," she spat.

Stevan quickly backed off, sat against a wall, and closed his eyes. All of his mental abilities required an immense amount of focus, and he knew he couldn't risk a distraction. Stevan began feeling around for the mind of the Verdantkin, specifically by feeling for one filled with anger and humiliation.

Rahvi wished she had more than 3'10" of force behind her to help pull the knife away, but she felt an extra surge of strength moving the knife. She guessed that meant Ella had telekinesis as well. Or she could move metal. Together they held him in a gridlock. She sensed Steven back off. "Any time you feel like getting in here with your mind powers, Steven," she called.

With a combination of Ella's, Jagton's, and Rahiv's efforts, the Prince was forced to let go of his knife as it flew towards Rahvi, and cut her hand a bit before landing on the ground. Thal was thrown into a nearby wall and hits his head against the stone. Slightly concussed and still very much enraged, he looked at the three with red in his eyes and a green magic flowed from his hand and into the ground.

"I shall not be humiliated in such a manner as this!" He shouted and a number of vines and branches grow from the floor and they began thrashing away at the three, but in their berserker state, the plants swung wildly, almost hitting the other students and Borghild as well." He felt someone worming in his head and once he focused on the source of the magic he lashed out. "Do not try to coax away my anger Borderling!" A vine grabbed Steven by the leg and held him upside down, making sure he wasn't able to concentrate.

Jagton wasn't finished after throwing Thal into the wall. He ran up to the prince and put his hands around the prince's neck. He tried choking the prince. But in fear the prince might continue using the magic he started screaming at the top of his lungs...

"Karma! Karma!" he was hoping the female griffin might hear and come to help. Fat chance.

Back