Stahlhiem College of Magic

"Well if you look at it like that then sure," Jagton replied.

"Welp. Let's go," walking to the nearest room.

Rahvi was still buzzing, but the feeling of the group was depleting. She smiled at Rahvi, but glanced around for Mikida. "Sure thing. I think we'll have to give Miki a hand to a bed though."

"WAIT! They will and I mean WILL expell Thal from this school there is no way that they will share a room."

Rahvi's mouth pulled to the side at the idea of Mikida sleeping in a room with Thal. She'd rather it be her any day. He might try and kill her in her sleep, but Hammer Folk were very good at evading capture, particularly this Hammer Folk. "If it comes to that, she can bunk with us. I'll go tie all the prince's shoelaces together and hang his royal undergarments out of a window. Have a good night, gents!"
Turning and moving into their room, Rahvi looked over at Ella. She guessed she had suddenly found a fast friend. Quite a few, this evening. Other than the imminent threat of death, it had all been very fun. She hoped every day was like this, though she would prefer to come away from most of them without bleeding.
Glancing around the room, Rahvi threw her bags on the bed on the left of the window-the other identical bed was on the right-and started going through them with her good hand. "Well that was all very dramatic," she said cheerily, laying out whatever food she had taken from dinner on her bed. "How are you feeling? Eat something! Not the cheese, that's mine." Ella had been very shaken up before. Rahvi only hoped that she felt safe enough to calm back down. And she had to be damn hungry. Pulling some bandages out of her bag-always a handy thing to carry when you were Rahvi-she held them out to Ella. "Would you mind giving me a hand with these? I might have to get a bit athletic to do it one-handed, is all. Though it would be pretty entertaining, so if you'd prefer, I could do that, but I cannot assure you that you will not end up tied to the doorknob with bandages." Rahvi flashed her a grin.

"Really? They are going to kick him out of the school. Even if he has a lawyer," Jagton said irratated.

The night was coming, and after that even, the First years drifted into slumber. the night lasted long, as the students had a rather dreamless sleep. When they woke, some students felt rather groggy, as if someone had went digging into their minds, including Mikida, Ella, Steven, Jagton, and Rahvi. Still the day was beginning and the students had an hour to get ready for a hardy breakfast before class starts. One by one the doors to the quarters opens up and in each one comes a duo of Goblins carrying a very much locked suitcase. The goblins drop the suitcase on the ground with a thump and leaves a slightly chewed sealed note on the case. The students open up the note, and in it is a a schedule of the school and a key. The first years began to open up the cases to reveal a fresh set of robes, marked with the Province's colors, green and grey as well as well as an empty notebook around 100 pages thick, a quill and an ink bottle.

"Talk about convenient, right Steven?" asked Jagton. He took out one of the robes and put it on.

"Comfy too," he continued. He took out a notebook, a quill, and an ink bottle. He went to his chest and took his bag out. Instead of putting the items in his bag he put them in chest.

"I already have like 2 of these." Jagton said before grabbing the cloth with the drumstick and potato in it he checked the bag and they were both still good. Cold, but good. He closed the chest and waited for Steven to get done.

"Good morning, Jagton. I guess we take our specialized classes, and then spend the rest of the day practicing independently?" Steven quickly changed clothes and carried his possessions in his bag, remembering the warning about the Goblins' stealing habits.

"I guess," Jagton replied

"I'm going to wait in the Mess Hall. See you there," Jagton added as he left the room. The boy retraced the path they came from last night. When he got to the place where the fight happened his head started spinning and his vision became fuzzy again. He tried to get past that part as fast as he could. When he got to the Mess Hall he saw a few other students chatting. He sat where he sat last night. He was alone and he didn't like it. Jagton started remember ing the gore and blood from Thal's injuries. He couldn't stop thinking about it. He began feeling like he couldn't breath. Like he was being choked.

As you sat, your Griffin Karma, rushes in through the door and nuzzles you affectionetly right there at the dining table. A couple students at the table were at awe at what they saw and they all scooted over to get a batter look. The griffin looks at Jagton with a look of concern before nuzzling up against the poor boy yet again.

Jagton pops out of his "vision" and starts hugging Karma back. He takes out the drumstick and potato and gives them to the Griffin.

"Here you go, saved some dinner." He tells Karma as she eats it with delight. Jagton tells Karma about what happened the night before. She listens to the story in awe but also in pity.

Rahvi didn't wake up until a goblin loudly deposited her school supplies at the end of her bed-which was excessively large for someone only four feet high who slept like a log, but Rahvi wasn't about to complain. Blinking the sleep out of her eyes, Rahvi squinted at the goblin. It stopped trying to open her letter, gave a great sigh and glared at her as it slouched out of the room. She grjnted vaguely once it registered in her brain. As her brain every so slowly woke up, she crawled over to the end of the bed and opened the letter, glancing at the timetable before groaning and throwing it onto the covers. Too much reading for this early. Opening the chest was far more interesting and far less mentally demanding.

Pulling out a set of robes, Rahvi's brain started whirring slightly faster. She rubbed the sleep from her eyes and sat up. Glancing down at the chest, she saw some writing supplies and decided the robes were of far more interest. Standing up unsteadily, she changed into the robes with a grin, careful not to snag her bandaged hand on the inside.

It looked like Ella was still asleep, so Rahvi headed blearily down to breakfast on her own, barely taking in her surroundings as she went. She found the food after a few tries, mainly by following her nose, and easily spotted Jagton in their seat from last night.

Of far more interest to her however was the magnificent beast by his side. Jagton was speaking to it in a low voice and Rahvi's explosive energy wasn't quite fuelled up for the day yet so her approach was slow by her standards.

The griffin was obviously not fully grown, just like Jagton, but it was still pretty ig to Rahvi. It was focusing intently on Jagton's story, eating food from dinner last night. Ahh. That's why he was stealing food. Rahvi could eat all day every day, and tried her best to be doing so most of the time-she'd been surprised Jagton was the same. This made far more sense.

Rahvi smiled at Jagton, forsaking food for the chance to meet his griffin. "Morning," she said, eyeing the coffee she needed to shake off the dregs of sleep but waiting. "She's beautiful, Jagton. What's her name?"

She could feel its cold lying there against her neck. So cold, so still. She was frozen. Terrified. If she moved...

He drew breath. Her eyes were smashed shut, she didn't want to open them. But the sound of his breath drawing in was like a tornado sucking everything around it into an inevitable spiral of storm and ruin. She couldn't help herself. She had to look.

Thal smiled happily above her. He wasn't smug, or swollen with hate. He was...happy. Joyful. He laughed with a charm and ease that made her want to gag, to vomit. He smiled so hard that tears began to well in their ducts. Red tears. Rivers of blood ebbing down his face. Not Thal's anymore, but father's. He had the knife to her throat. And he began to pull it slowly across...

Ella jerked awake, sitting erect in her bed with a wet face. She quickly brushed away the tears rolling down her cheeks. She hastily looked around the strange, dark room. She wasn't entirely sure where she was at first, but then she remembered Thal from her dream. She'd smashed a pie in his face for being a bigot, and he'd tried to kill her for it. After what the Witch Hunter had done to him, Ella figured that it wouldn't be Thal's last attempt at violence toward her. She had friends, though, people who had her back. That was nice. She missed Rahvi's company, and was sad she wasn't here. Must be eating breakfast with the others, Ella thought. Gods, how long had it been since she'd eaten last? She was faint with hunger. To the dinner hall then.

After she'd stowed her possessions securely from wandering goblin fingers and dressed herself, she moseyed down to the dinner hall where her new friends were fussing around a griff! This place was going to take some getting used to. She smiled and walked toward the table, visions of Thal and knives fading from her thoughts.

"Hey guys! How long you think it'll be before we all get ourselves killed? My money is on sleepy girl making it all the way through. She can sleep through just about anything I think," she said with a grin.

Back