Stahlhiem College of Magic

Finding the mind he was searching for, Steven intentionally misused one of the abilities his teachers taught him. With enough carefulness, focus, and skill, a complex thought can be accurately transmitted. Steven instead lashed out, sending the worst thoughts he could imagine. The temple he grew up in had a VERY well stocked library to fuel his imagination, and, well... the teachers decided to give him some ammunition in case he needed to defend himself.

A mixture of the following feelings, emotions, and memories was forced into the Verdantkin's mind:
[PAIN/FEAR/BROKEN/BLIND/DEAF/WEAK/SICK/BURNING/TRAPPED/HELPLESS]

Ella found the knife with her abilities again, and imagined it hurling at the power glowing green from the prince's hand.

"GAH!! GET OUT OF MY HEAD!!!!" Thal drops backwards and lands down on Jagton, knocking the air out of the poor lad. The vine holding Steven lets him go, but he gets a rough landing as he lands in the cluster of students beneath him. Thal gets up only to get his hand imapled by the knife. In pain, the vines all receded around him and he falls over on his side, tired and groggy from the concussion.

Ella, in a blind rage, strides over to the subdued Verdantkin and begins to kick him incessantly in the ribs.

"YOU TRIED TO KILL ME YOU FUCK!" she screams as tears stream down her face.

Rahvi hissed through her teeth as the knife finally tore from Thal's hand, shooting straight at her instead. She wasn't quite expecting the speed it flew at her, but she moved so it barely nicked her hand. It clattered to the ground, and Rahvi felt a moment of panic as she searched for Miki. She had finally fallen asleep on the floor. The knife barely missed her, and Rahvi let out a breath of relief. How the girl was asleep in this commotion, she had no idea, but she was glad.

Holding her bleeding hand to her chest, she watched the knife shake and fly over to impale Thal's. One inch to the left and that would have been her hand.
Jagten's brave efforts and cries for his griffin stopped as Thal fell onto him and the air was forced from his lungs. Steven had obviously done something productive because the prince screamed in rage, the vines receded, and silence descended on the hallway. It didn't last very long. Ella ran over and started kicking the prick.

Rahvi was tempted to let her do it, but the violence had to be enough for one day. She let her get a couple of good kicks in and pushed her tired mind against hers, pulling her slightly away from the groggy prince as she rushed over. She rubbed as high on Ella's back as she could reach. "He's down, Ella, don't go to his level. Come on, I've got more pie. You can throw that at him instead." She kept rubbing her back and reached for her hand. She forgot for a moment it had blood on it, and wiped it on her pants before putting it back in Ella's and pulling her gently away.

Gasping for air Jagton watched as Ella mercilessly kicked around Thal limp body. When he was able to gain his breath he got up and put his hand on Ella's shoulder.

"It's over he's already getting been beat up, physically and mentally." Jagton said with a weak voice.

"You don't need to do anything else," he continued.

Borghild runs up to Ella and pulls her away from the Prince. "Enough! It's over...it's over. Once the guards arrive, we can get this all settled."

Thal wasn't done however as the feeling of Steven worming inside his head caused him to get back up. Blood started dripping from his nose, but he didn't care. He struggled to talk.

"I..am Prince Thal...of House...Rando...and I...will not be...defeated!" He raises his other hand and a single vine flew from the ground, straight towards Ella, but before the vine can make contact, a bullet cuts the tip. Thal turns around to see Vulmar walking towards the group with a furious look on his face, saber drawn and discarding a smoking flintlock pistol before pulling out another. "You...damned Witch Hunter!" Thal, frighted and panicing swung the vine towards Vulmar, but the Witch Hunter easily dodges and fires anotehr shot, this time at the Verdantkin's leg, causing him to kneel in pain and terror. Thal, as a last resort, summons forth a sharp branch, and tries to stab the Hunter, but with a single slash, he cuts off the Verdantkin's hand. Causing him to panic even more, but Vulmar didn't care. Instead he jumped on the prince and began repeatedly punching the Prince, knocking him out, and bloodying his once fair face. Once his aggression was stated Vulmar stands up and turns toward Borghild, two Void Born guard can running in.

"Guards. Take this one to the infirmary. Make sure he doesn't die." he said without even looking back and the Guards complied, taking the Verdankin and his severed hand away from the scene. The Wastelander ran up to Vulmar relived at his arrival and the two shared a loving embraced. The Witch Hunter took off his hat and shield the the students from what was surely a loving kiss as well.

Last edited:
After being worn out from what happened Jagton asked the Wastelander where the dorms were.

"I just want to lay down," he said after asking.

Ella's quiet sobbing died down as her remaining energy slipped out of her like sand in an hourglass. She embraced Rahvi quickly but warmly, touched Jagton's hand in thanks, and smiled with her eyes at Steven.

"Nice to meet you guys. It might have been fun hanging out with you here. Pretty sure they're going to kick me out for this. Hope you guys find what you're looking for here. I never wanted to come here anyway. Magic isn't for me after all."

Ella moved toward the opposite direction down the hallway the way they'd come.

Feeling Thal fall unconscious, Steven got up and looked around. Once making sure the danger was gone and that he was uninjured, he walked towards his companions, stepping over the occasional vine on the way.
"Are you all alright? Where are Ella and Mikida?"

Borghild and Vulmar release each other and the Wastelander cleared her throat before turning to her class. "Yes I...think this was enough excitement for today. We head to the dorms. I'm sure everyone could use a rest after this...commotion. I'm sure you should get back to your duties Witch Hunter." Said Borghild

"Of course. Stay safe Master Mage." Said the Witch Hunter, with a softer tone then what was known of him. The Hunter gives a small bow and the two part ways. Borghild motions for the class to follow and the group head to the dorms without any other incidents. In the first floor of the dorms are twelve small quarters, with two beds, two desks and two chests inside each one.

"These are your quarters for as long as your here at the College." Said Borghild. "I suggest you pick a partner you like and share a room. Right now its the free period but you're allowed to sleep early should you and if you need it. If you excuse me I have several duties to take of." Before she left she pulled Ella, and the rest aside for a bit and quietly told them "Do not worry. Thal had no right to do what he did. Even if he uses his influence to demonize you, Vulmar and I shall vouch for you all. If there's anything I can do for you, please ask now.

"I don't know, but is it normal to have fuzzy vision and a weird nauseous feeling throughout your body after a fight like this..." Jagton asked as his voice trailed off.

"No. What Thal had done was out of line. His comments, his actions, were all his doing. You were merely a victim." Said Borghild. "I'm sorry I wasn't able to help. My magic requires specific materials, and I...wasn't just looking out for myself. I hope you understand."

Ella nods confused, but happy. Maybe this won't be so bad. A few friends and a fresh start. She looked around at the other students that had shared this unexpected ordeal with her and smiled at each of them in turn. Jace, one of her mechanic friends who used to fight before he worked the machines at her father's factory, told her that warriors shared the closest bonds. Those who cheat death with you will always be closer than family. Huh. Family, something she had never really known anything about. Maybe, just maybe, she could find a family here.

"How about you and me, Rahvi?" she smiles.

Back