Status
Not open for further replies.
James Hunter

James waited for a response.

When the response seemed a little delayed, he wasn't sure what to say. He had expected her to respond immediately or give some indication that she didn't know how to respond to him. He was so confused.

" Thank you, Juvia. I'm James, by the way."

He wondered where the rain had come from, but he didn't dare ask, not wanting to upset her or anyone.

@Blacksmith

"I suppose we shall agree to disagree, then. If you don't mind, I need to find a way back home," Mason said as he walked towards the door. He avoided looking at Toffee.

@Raptor Jesus
Mason would find that the door was locked. However, it didn't seem to he locked by any conventional means. But rather, it was magically locked.​

"I'm afraid I can't allow that, Mason."

@Alex Azure

The doorknob rattled but the door refused to open. Mason took a deep breath in order to release an even deeper sigh. "I really wish that I had thought ahead and placed a portal outside this building, anywhere at all," he thought to himself. However, it wasn't the time for regrets. Now was the time for action. He gave the doorknob a couple more rattles for good measure, but the door remained shut. With a defeated expression, he began walking around the room at a slow pace.

Mason spoke as he circled around the room. "You know, Toffee, you didn't have to do this. Like I said, I don't really feel like being a hero right now. I wasn't going to do anything to stop you. You could be conquering your home universe right now and I wouldn't give a shit unless it became relevant to the U.N. The hero act is tiring and I wanted a little break. However, there's a difference between being a villain and being a dick. Right now, you're in the latter category.

"I don't know why you want to keep me here. Honestly, what am I going to accomplish? What did I even accomplish down in the Dark Place? Dying? Maybe solving a couple puzzles? That's about all I can remember. I'll let you know what I'm accomplishing now. I'm getting out of here."

Upon reaching the other side of the room, by the windows, Mason's necklace began to glow. With a snap of his fingers and a wave of his hand, Mason used his aura to create a simple makeshift sword. He held it in his left hand and pointed it towards Toffee.

"I have two questions, Toffee. First, why would you keep me here? Second, besides that door, how do you plan to stop me?"

@Raptor Jesus

The doorknob rattled but the door refused to open. Mason took a deep breath in order to release an even deeper sigh. "I really wish that I had thought ahead and placed a portal outside this building, anywhere at all," he thought to himself. However, it wasn't the time for regrets. Now was the time for action. He gave the doorknob a couple more rattles for good measure, but the door remained shut. With a defeated expression, he began walking around the room at a slow pace.

Mason spoke as he circled around the room. "You know, Toffee, you didn't have to do this. Like I said, I don't really feel like being a hero right now. I wasn't going to do anything to stop you. You could be conquering your home universe right now and I wouldn't give a shit unless it became relevant to the U.N. The hero act is tiring and I wanted a little break. However, there's a difference between being a villain and being a dick. Right now, you're in the latter category.

"I don't know why you want to keep me here. Honestly, what am I going to accomplish? What did I even accomplish down in the Dark Place? Dying? Maybe solving a couple puzzles? That's about all I can remember. I'll let you know what I'm accomplishing now. I'm getting out of here."

Upon reaching the other side of the room, by the windows, Mason's necklace began to glow. With a snap of his fingers and a wave of his hand, Mason used his aura to create a simple makeshift sword. He held it in his left hand and pointed it towards Toffee.

"I have two questions, Toffee. First, why would you keep me here? Second, besides that door, how do you plan to stop me?"

@Raptor Jesus
Toffee maintained his composure as he stared at Mason, only sighing when Mason was finished talking.

"You don't even know the beginning of my plans, Mason. You see, I wish to form a Murder Game. I'd love to chat more about the details of my little game, though in reality, I only invited you here to ask you one simple question.

How much do you know about a group called The Shareholders?"

Toffee maintained his composure as he stared at Mason, only sighing when Mason was finished talking.

"You don't even know the beginning of my plans, Mason. You see, I wish to form a Murder Game. I'd love to chat more about the details of my little game, though in reality, I only invited you here to ask you one simple question.

How much do you know about a group called The Shareholders?"
"The Shareholders? Not a thing. Never heard of them. Is that it? Can I go now?" Mason asked as he tightened his grip on his sword.

@Raptor Jesus

Mason would find that the windows wouldn't shatter either.

"That's not going to work. Simply tell me all that you know of The Shareholders, and you may leave."

@Alex Azure

Mason would find that the windows wouldn't shatter either.

"That's not going to work. Simply tell me all that you know of The Shareholders, and you may leave."

@Alex Azure

Similar to the doorknob, Mason slashed at the windows a few more times, just in case he could scratch through the magic.

"All I know is that the Shareholders are really bad guys who get their hands involved in Murder Games. It's not my job to know everything about them."

@Raptor Jesus

James Hunter

James waited for a response.

When the response seemed a little delayed, he wasn't sure what to say. He had expected her to respond immediately or give some indication that she didn't know how to respond to him. He was so confused.

" Thank you, Juvia. I'm James, by the way."

He wondered where the rain had come from, but he didn't dare ask, not wanting to upset her or anyone.

@Blacksmith

She nodded once, turning to look up at the sky. As the water fell, she constantly muttered something that was eventually discerned.

"Drip, drip, drip.... Juvia hates rain. It drives away everyone. Makes them flee."

@Lucky

James Hunter

He noticed her nod and look up at the sky with her to watch the water fall from the sky. He had a crazy thought, but he didn't want to say it aloud.

" Well, it didn't make me flee. It made me get closer to you. Though, rain doesn't ever make anyone happy."

@Blacksmith

It was raining. The place she ended up was somewhat crowded, but she didn't complain. No one knew her here, at least to her knowledge no one did. That was fine, she was a bit confused on how exactly things ended up the way they it did, but that didn't matter now.

latest

"..."

The rain didn't bother her. Though the number of people on this street in Electric Town was beginning to. Moving to an alleyway nearby she paused at the sight of Saeko and Blue. She wasn't expecting to see someone else in this alleyway in all honesty.

"Excuse me." the Nohrian awkwardly cleared her throat as she approached.

@Minerva @Anyone

James Hunter

He noticed her nod and look up at the sky with her to watch the water fall from the sky. He had a crazy thought, but he didn't want to say it aloud.

" Well, it didn't make me flee. It made me get closer to you. Though, rain doesn't ever make anyone happy."

@Blacksmith
It was raining. The place she ended up was somewhat crowded, but she didn't complain. No one knew her here, at least to her knowledge no one did. That was fine, she was a bit confused on how exactly things ended up the way they it did, but that didn't matter now.

latest

"..."

The rain didn't bother her. Though the number of people on this street in Electric Town was beginning to. Moving to an alleyway nearby she paused at the sight of Saeko and Blue. She wasn't expecting to see someone else in this alleyway in all honesty.

"Excuse me." the Nohrian awkwardly cleared her throat as she approached.

@Minerva @Anyone

No. Rain never did make anyone happy.

Juvia stared up into the skies, thoughtful as the water splattered to the cobblestones. Rain was associated with sorrow, stories of angels and gods weeping upon the earth filling her for lifetimes. She wondered sometimes why that was- Were they sad to see their state? Were they crying for those they lost?

Maybe someday, she could ask them. A girl could dream.

And then appeared another, and looking at Azura she blinked.

She looked so ornate, Juvia felt horrible about her abilities ruining her clothing. She threw James a look and then passed over the umbrella to him. For the first time, an imperious look crossed her face as she pointed to Azura.

"Take that to her. Juvia does not want to let someone like her be ruined by me." She realized her slip of the tongue too late, eyes widening before suddenly looking sad.

Without a word, she turned and began to walk down the street.

@Takumi @Lucky @Minerva

James Hunter

James looked over at Juvia, wondering what she was thinking.

As much as he didn't want to know her every thought, he also worried that she was sad. James was a thief, a man who wasn't above stealing, but he could never live with himself to see a woman appear, even if she was strange and different. He was a gentleman after all and sometimes it was something he wished he wasn't,

He wondered if he had done something to screw up already.

He turned over to the new stranger who had appeared in the area.

James arched an eyebrow at her. It wasn't that she wasn't goo looking, he was just confused. He was even more confused when Juvia threw her umbrella at him and he barely caught up, not expecting her to throw in the slightest.

Before she could finish her directions, he looked over as the woman slipped into the alley. He wasn't sure if he should chase after her before. He sighed and headed off to the other woman.

" I don't think it is your fault," he mumbled, not sure what else to say.

@Blacksmith @Takumi @Minerva @Others

Within Devil May Cry, Dante's little bar, a voice could be heard. It seemed to come from everywhere, yet nowhere.

"Motion carried! Transport to Dante's current Devil May Cry!"

Right next to one of the seats near the counter, an odd being with skin resembling the universe appeared. It was rather tall, rivalling Dante in height, and it lacked a visible mouth. It gave the aura of a being beyond the concept of gods and devils.

If anything truly stood out, it was the familiar-looking emblem on the odd, unfamiliar humanoid's chest.

6LgTBEP.png

@Raynar Saassin

Within Devil May Cry, Dante's little bar, a voice could be heard. It seemed to come from everywhere, yet nowhere.

"Motion carried! Transport to Dante's current Devil May Cry!"

Right next to one of the seats near the counter, an odd being with skin resembling the universe appeared. It was rather tall, rivalling Dante in height, and it lacked a visible mouth. It gave the aura of a being beyond the concept of gods and devils.

If anything truly stood out, it was the familiar-looking emblem on the odd, unfamiliar humanoid's chest.

6LgTBEP.png

Dante was just sitting at his shop, casually eating Pizza as he was awaiting for a job when all of a sudden a mysterious creature had appeared right in front of him. He was just about to put another slice into his mouth when he recognised that emblem on it's chest and stopped.

latest

"Ben? Is that actually you? Heh. You look different, kiddo." Dante muttered, giving him a smile as he was still sitting at his desk. "That's uh, quite the aura you have there. Is there something you'd like to tell me about this Alien of yours?"

@Crow

Dante was just sitting at his shop, casually eating Pizza as he was awaiting for a job when all of a sudden a mysterious creature had appeared right in front of him. He was just about to put another slice into his mouth when he recognised that emblem on it's chest and stopped.

latest

"Ben? Is that actually you? Heh. You look different, kiddo." Dante muttered, giving him a smile as he was still sitting at his desk. "That's uh, quite the aura you have there. Is there something you'd like to tell me about this Alien of yours?"

@Crow

"Alien X, does literally anything, some of my friends call it 'reality warping' or 'omnipotence', but he's a bit too powerful for me to use too casually. Big power, heavy drawbacks."

A green light engulfed the celestial creature Dante called Ben, before it took the shape of a teenage human male.

MqiuNlK.jpg

"Good to see you again, Dante. I see you haven't changed much in the past seven years. Or was it just a month or two from your perspective?"

@Raynar Saassin

"Alien X, does literally anything, some of my friends call it 'reality warping' or 'omnipotence', but he's a bit too powerful for me to use too casually. Big power, heavy drawbacks."

A green light engulfed the celestial creature Dante called Ben, before it took the shape of a teenage human male.

MqiuNlK.jpg

"Good to see you again, Dante. I see you haven't changed much in the past seven years. Or was it just a month or two from your perspective?"

latest

"Hmm. Guess I can't really call you a kiddo anymore now can I? Haha. It feels like a month or two but it looks more like years. You're definitely taller. How you been, Ben? Still kicking butt as per the usual?" He asked, putting his Pizza slice back into the box and getting out of his chair. "Yeah. I haven't really changed much, got my shop all set up again and just waiting for the next job to come around. So far, I've just been sitting here."

@Crow

latest

"Hmm. Guess I can't really call you a kiddo anymore now can I? Haha. It feels like a month or two but it looks more like years. You're definitely taller. How you been, Ben? Still kicking butt as per the usual?" He asked, putting his Pizza slice back into the box and getting out of his chair. "Yeah. I haven't really changed much, got my shop all set up again and just waiting for the next job to come around. So far, I've just been sitting here."

@Crow

"No matter what changes, I'll always be kicking serious bad guy butt. Just recently, I got into another one of those drag-people-out-of-their-universe thingies. It's a... long story. Basically, the lot of us were going to be sacrificed, so we had to go to Dracula's castle and use him as a substitute sacrifice instead... or something... I'm still surprised that I'm surprised."

Ben takes a seat.

"So, all you have are slow days, huh? Yeah, what is this world, anyways? Seems a bit... peaceful to find jobs."

@Raynar Saassin

"No matter what changes, I'll always be kicking serious bad guy butt. Just recently, I got into another one of those drag-people-out-of-their-universe thingies. It's a... long story. Basically, the lot of us were going to be sacrificed, so we had to go to Dracula's castle and use him as a substitute sacrifice instead... or something... I'm still surprised that I'm surprised."

Ben takes a seat.

"So, all you have are slow days, huh? Yeah, what is this world, anyways? Seems a bit... peaceful to find jobs."

"Well, if you know your Demons, they tend to cause chaos. Most of the time, they pick the peaceful places because they don't expect it. But, if you're smart enough, you can catch them right before they do anything reckless... Most of the time."

Dante passed Ben a slice of Pizza and looked around. There were numerous skulls on the walls on display, alongside a Briefcase inside a sealed display case behind the counter.

"If you've noticed, I'm quite the collector, almost like trophies. Alongside a few... extra's to use in battle as well. But what about you? I suppose you don't have much to do either when you're not out there saving the world or something?"

@Crow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back