The Evrensel Conflict The Evrensel Conflict -- Chapter 1: The Only Easy Day was Yesterday

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mundi looked over at Negative twelfth, who sighed, and reached over with its hand to Mundi's top. Its nature didn't orchestrate well in a euclidean inorganic husk but it would try. It vanished into Mundi to directly animate the robot.

The blue robot seemed equally worried but not for itself, "Master said he will try to interact directly with my systems but I was not once human, a Smart AI."

The voice that came next was sharper, deeper, stressed, and belonged to Negative Twelfth, "That said, voicing myself through silicon is much like thinking through razor blades. Some of those humans are wearing harnesses and shouldn't be a threat. The stone balled one bonds by some sort of Thaumaturgy so I do have meat-flap noise patterns to borrow, I suppose. I will persevere bit would prefer a native connection to see if I can call the ruby contained idiocy. He's plugged in somewhere in some external storage. You're my key back in to find him."

The hand pointed toward the middle of Mundi's head, "In answer to your question the chip is not an implant in the sense that you will it to do things or it does things on its own. It is a protected mind interface bound to myself as the other side of a second corpus callosum. If you still have neuroplasticity at all I don't expect difficulty."

Mundi's arm stiffly gestured to the rest of them, "As long as I have organics connected I can think. With more live than dead in the inner loop I can reimpose life upon a corpse if you patch enough holes and have all the severed limbs. A few other useful tricks as well. More a fair trade I feel for you than the humans."

@Agent Puncake

With her block of rock still afloat Xiao watched the exchange in amazement. That girl just transformed and claimed herself as a goddess. *Well im not submitting to a fake* Xiao thought to herself as the block of stone fell to the ground with a crash. When Iris hearts gaze fell upon Xiao all she cpuld see was a blur of movement and hear a short rumble. *Man that look is scary!* Where Xiao once was, now was a thick stone sphere with her in the middle of it.

Bellona left the three little girls and walked over to the stone, knocking on it. Wasn't this a girl before? Why was she hiding? Nothing scary was here, after all.

"Hey! Come on, get outta there! What's wrong?"

@Raffia Kiryuin

Samsara paused as the four considered it. As far as they were concerned, this was like computing - Negative Twelveth was going to be using their brains as a sort of extra computing power, while benefiting them through... reviving post-mortem? Like the voice explained, it certainly wasn't a bad proposition; on the other hand, there's a certain degree of risk to it still.

Irantu sighed. "I'll take it." He reached out a hand for the device. "How do I equip it?"

@lil_kreen

It held up the small black card with a deep red reservoirs in the rear and a glow from internal power supplies. The contacts were a small glowing holographic projection to indicate the the adaptive connector's presence that rippled and pulsed in longitudinal scans. The opposite end near the reservoir were two switches on each side lit by the specialized nanobot reservoir to rebuild full connections in case of a lack of such or in case of damage to the Spartan. At its core a slipspace anomaly the contact poured out a thin mist from the divot in each flat face.

The bot put it into Irantu's hand carefully.

Mundi's cheerful voice returned to explain as Negative twelfth pulled its mind out, "Erg gth pthp paart!... Restarting voice module... Master's mind stresses my internal components. Well, to use the chip there is a double sided safety switch on each side. Ahead of the dark red platinum colloid bottles! If you have a neural jack that accepts interface cards insert contact first then press the activator switches. A full contact panel will construct for each network point! Otherwise, please place the injector panel side down against skin and press the activator switches. A biosealed platinum neural lace will be constructed to the nearest nerve bundle or internal contact point. UNSC Medical suggests the base of the neck above the spine. Squeeze again for five seconds and wait for reservoir to re-light to remove!"

@Agent Puncake

"You call any of my brothers not useful again and I will shoot you. That goes for anyone here." Came the extremely terse reply from Norman to the small bot (and company), an unusual flash of annoyance coming from him as he tried to figure out what was happening. He hadn't had the chance to really think on the absence of his brothers since he arrived here, but was expecting to deal with it when he wasn't in amazing danger. Unfortunately, things had been moving quite rapidly as he talked and he neede to catch up mentally.

He watched as a small girl shifted into the form of a woman clad in what he was pretty sure were harem clothes, talk in a way that reminded him of every commander he had been under that didn't mind sacrificing a few clones, then shift back into a small girl. Since he was an experienced clone, he immediately didn't trust the shapeshifter. Too many of his brothers had been hurt by their kind. Then a woman clad in what looked like Magrac armour came around, with an actual steel weapon in hand, and began to argue with the shifter. He could at least appreciate the military armarment, as outdated as it was, and the fact theyobviously weren't on the best of terms with the shifter helped.

It didn't help that Xiao had, for some reason, retreated behind a wall of rock and was being coaxed out of it by this 'Bellona'. To his side, Mundi and Negative Twelve were talking with some people he had yet to see much of, but were talking about subjets far out of the soldier's area of expertise. All in all, he just felt lost.

Taking his helmet off and placing it to his side, seeing that they were at least a little safe now, he seats himself upon his cannon and proceded to have that small mental breakdown he had referenced to himself earlier.

*'Shit shes here!'* Xiao though to gerself as she ball of rock hardened a bit as Belonna knocked on it. Upon heari g the voice and had co firmed. It being Belonna Xiao cracked open the rock ball and peeked out. "you were about to start a fight under the ground... I cant keep the ceiling up if a fight between the gods breaks out down here." She replied.

Bellona smirked. This kid didn't need to worry about that. The fight wasn't going to take place in a good while. The Goddess of War wanted to fight now, but she knew other things had to be taken care of first. She could tell she was around mortals and demigods.Was that an alien dog?

"Relax, kiddo. We're saving that for later."

@Raffia Kiryuin

Alice woke up looking around in the now quiet tunnels. The sound of relaxed conversation told her all she currently needed to know about the situation. And the girl released a sigh resting her head back down on the sack beneath her.
The armour and part of her shoulder still looked like a half-melted popsicle, but with the drugs and that medpack the pain was down to a dull throbbing.
Her helmet opened through a mental command and she coughed when trying to talk. “we safe?” she finally croaked.

Xiao stepped out of the rocky ball completely now that Belonna confirmed that there wont be any fighting just yet. "When you fight...make sure its not under ground." She said to the goddess before picking up the block of rock she left in the door way and threw it away. This way it wasn't blocking the door and stopping it from closing.

Irantu took the card and pressed it to the back of his neck. A modular neural interface port was waiting there as he pressed the card down on it, following Mundi's instructions. The other three waited patiently.

The card popped off and Irantu cracked his neck a bit, holding the card in his hand. "Is it done?" He asked.

@lil_kreen

"Well, ummm..." said Neptune, rubbing the back of her head awkwardly. "It's a bit weird, at least to non-outsiders. You see, Plutie, Vert, and I all come from a world called 'Gamindustri'. It's a world driven by something called 'video games'. Think of them as something like interactive stories but a lot more complicated. In our world there are things called 'CPU's', beings whom serve as the protector guardians of their nations and games. For a long time we were involved in a massive four-way war known as 'The Console Wars' but we came along and cleaned all that up a while back. Now though us four goddesses are on friendly terms and compete against each other by trying to do our best to make our citizens as happy and have as many good games as possible instead of trying to attack and defeat each other. It gets much more complicated. I'm not even the ones who usually tells all the info. That's Histy, but she's not here right now. Would probably take her three whole minutes or something just to say that."

Nep gave a sudden cough before leaning in closer. "Besides, it's pretty out of character for me as I'm usually the least smart in the group." However, with that, she took a step back and looked around the bunker. "So, why are we all here anyways? What's going on and why are there people bombing us and everything and what can we do to get to safety?"

The injection took little time for purpose-built nanostructures to manufacture a moving silvery skin pattern near the input port. A compatible anomalous slipstream interface took shape as the hollow-bodied humanoid refined into existence next to Irantu. Its left side was burnt, the right arm flaked into nothingness as if a cracked shell, and while it hadn't a face one that could see it at all could tell where he was looking.

"A moment while I properly integrate with this hardware scattered everywhere inside you and dial out," Said the calm, dry, dispassionate voice common to researchers.

The cognitohazard hardware kicked up warnings that clarified shortly after as Negative Twelfth got contact to clarify them. An errant cognitohazard warning came first a small glowing box overlaid directly into vision flitting from text to text before the world shuddered and fell back into place. Thereafter logs appear in rapid succession that add something more common to servicing of Samsara by surgeons. Parts of Negative Twelfth's mind conjoined forerunner tech with other hardware which defined its interface more rigidly. The log itself more a mental itch appearing when bidden than anything physical but it certainly would be accessible from anything plugged into Irantu's own hardware. Or the others if it passed such things along.
  • Leaf path found: connecting to recursion core.
  • Backup Initiated (Samsara-Irantu)
  • Backup complete (Samsara-Irantu)
  • Remote operator (unquantifiable) logged into backup system from SAMSARA-OPS-1.
  • Neuropattern IDS online
  • Local reality reference found and added to network (Mundi)
  • WARNING: Thaumatological pathing errors in facility. Possible security filter interference. Remote-Local communications erratic.
  • ROOT starting aggressive maintenance loop (non-blocking)
  • Remote admin attempted to countermand maintenance, Denied by ROOT.
  • Remote admin attempted to restart recursion core, Denied by ROOT.
  • Remote admin attempted to depower core room during maintenance, Denied via IDS Antimemetics.
Negative twelfth sighed in irritation commenting at an external concern, "Much better. Stop that. No, you can't restart me while I'm doing that. Oh, insistent fellow isn't he. Hm. Doing what it's built for I suppose. Well, go away and have coffee or something."
  • First pass of Maintenance hardware Maintenance completed
  • MEMETIC IDS: 14 negligible memetic anomalies purged in maintenance pass
  • MEMETIC IDS: Deploying grindstone locus against (2) foreign antimemetic patterns in core room. (recharging)
Though it didn't have eyes Negative Twelfth's gaze drifted toward Irantu in the present moment, "I can only reach a bare fraction of anything now but it's something. I have reflexes I can't touch flailing everywhere now that I'm not entirely blind.... what joy."
  • RECURSION CORE SECURITY CONSOLE: 'Control to security teams, Two bodies reported by Ops in sector Theta-3. Deploy.'
  • RECURSION CORE SECURITY CONSOLE: 'ANNOUNCEMENT: Aggressive IDS scan pass 2 in progress.'
  • RECURSION CORE SECURITY CONSOLE: 'Security to Control, Since when do we have a network IDS? Is there an incursion?'
  • RECURSION CORE SECURITY CONSOLE: 'Not us or ops, status unknown. We're contacting Overwatch. No hostiles noted by security teams. Continue sweeps.'
  • Remote facility lockdown initiated by (unquantifiable)
  • Recursion core access in lockdown, Access denied by ROOT
  • Recursion core access in lockdown, Access denied via IDS antimemetics
  • RECURSION CORE SECURITY CONSOLE: 'Control, we're at the vault but now we can't find it anymore.'
  • RECURSION CORE SECURITY CONSOLE: 'There's a lost admin here with coffee. Says he was just in there. Possible amnestics in use.'
  • Remote administrator requesting IDS Access from SAMSARA-OPS-1, Overseer credentials recognised by recursion core ingress, Access Granted.
  • IDS: <SAMSARA-OPS-1> Cannot rectify external command trace, local routing error (3) [More...]
The hole pointed away as Negative Twelfth focused at the distance, "At least I can still enfold your pattern properly. Should it matter to you I do apologize for disturbing the worker bees even if I can't effectively talk to them. The preexisting interference still prohibits it."

Removing an object from a labcoat pocket it tosses an archaic flip-phone to Irantu though the object didn't really exist, "Though I can tell some handler is trying to yell through the hurricane of interference. It likely is unintelligible and I can't talk back. I'll see if I can raise Dr Bright. I may need a fair bit of time in the vault to think."

@Agent Puncake

Though in her head a yellow-robed faceless monk appeared to Xiao with a quiet comment, "The heart that does not stop too long is not dead. Just try not to lose your head. I may make a friend uncomfortable to turn their wheel backward if you should perish in their fighting."

@Raffia Kiryuin

Last edited:
"You're... trying to use me as an antenna to reach the Foundation?" Irantu asked. "Interesting."

Tech was never Samsara's forte, even if they themselves were crammed full of it. The rest of the team idled around, watching Irantu with interest as he conversed with the entity they themselves could not see. Munru swept his gaze around the area, seeing a man on the ground clad in white armour, a group of women (and girls) having a heated conversation, as well as a large, hovering stone sphere. He tapped Onru. "Check that."

Onru turned, looked, and nodded. "Nanku, with me." They approached the sphere.

@lil_kreen @Raffia Kiryuin

Negative twelfth nodded at Irantu, "Yes. Consider yourself my w axis. You're still a part of our home plane pointed home. However I don't have the strength to move my point of focus back from here even if significant alterations are made. Just threads of information. We'll have to find a way back."

The burnt off-hand tapped in mid air as a several surveillance camera views came into being covering two locations as flat planes in space. One the image of a security door where security mimed a flat plane in mid-air ahead of it covered in twisted patterns. Another of two men and a growing team at a computer console, one in more business garb standing by at the rear.

It made a shrugging gesture, "They're trying to get in but I can't turn off security since with the whole network botched. Those two can see my backup of your total person so I suppose they're aware you must continue to exist somewhere."

@Agent Puncake

Negative twelfth scoffed, "They're reality imprints of your total person. Not something they can upload or build. I expect they'd implode the room trying that. Besides the temporal hardware installed somewhere to protect hostile enemies from such paradox. True duplicates cause reality complications. This is why at least some of your corpse is required to recurse you. I stress the plane enough as it is running my other leaf."

It then gestures to the video of the confused security guards, "You already appear to have installed defenses on that room. They trigger reflexes that impose locally contagious cognitohazards to force them to not see my door. I am the hazard database so, as the meme goes, the googles do nothing. They see concrete and psychosomatics ensure they feel such. That room contains my reality anchor. I contain the outer loop backup inside it. There is other hardware installed but I do not recognize it."

Negative twelfth adds thoughtfully, "Though it worries me that I no longer remember some identities of the ones that installed the intrusion detection system. They're in me somewhere. I am not so easily scrubbed clean even deaf, blind, and dumb. Nor are you while near my person might I add. I can tell they were damaged by external forces my own class or better. Actually, I suggest remaining silent about it to overwatch until I am sure the walls are not listening."

@Agent Puncake

"Well, ummm..." said Neptune, rubbing the back of her head awkwardly. "It's a bit weird, at least to non-outsiders. You see, Plutie, Vert, and I all come from a world called 'Gamindustri'. It's a world driven by something called 'video games'. Think of them as something like interactive stories but a lot more complicated. In our world there are things called 'CPU's', beings whom serve as the protector guardians of their nations and games. For a long time we were involved in a massive four-way war known as 'The Console Wars' but we came along and cleaned all that up a while back. Now though us four goddesses are on friendly terms and compete against each other by trying to do our best to make our citizens as happy and have as many good games as possible instead of trying to attack and defeat each other. It gets much more complicated. I'm not even the ones who usually tells all the info. That's Histy, but she's not here right now. Would probably take her three whole minutes or something just to say that."

"I see." The Ghost responded, absorbing the information that Neptune happily provided. Gamindustri? Sounds like a pretty complex world to be sure. Of course, it wasn't so difficult for the Ghost to understand since he has numerous information stored away and added constantly in that little shell of his. To his surprise however, Neptune leaned in closer to the floating chassis and spoke quietly.

Nep gave a sudden cough before leaning in closer. "Besides, it's pretty out of character for me as I'm usually the least smart in the group." However, with that, she took a step back and looked around the bunker. "So, why are we all here anyways? What's going on and why are there people bombing us and everything and what can we do to get to safety?"

"Similar to my partner sometimes. She can act a little bit off and sometimes do something stupid." "Hey, I heard that! That was a one time thing when I tried making friends with a Wizard back on the Earth's Moon. You specifically stated you would NOT tell anyone about my incident involving the enemy!" Vortex-25 shouted across the bunker, overhearing her Ghost "Its no secret, Guardian... Cayde knew about it after the mission ended. For a Hunter, you're not exactly capable of covering your tracks like most are." "Urgh..." "Haha..." The Ghost laughed before turning back towards Neptune. "Do we look familiar to you from your world from what you describe?"

@Snowtwo

With her block of rock still afloat Xiao watched the exchange in amazement. That girl just transformed and claimed herself as a goddess. *Well im not submitting to a fake* Xiao thought to herself as the block of stone fell to the ground with a crash. When Iris hearts gaze fell upon Xiao all she cpuld see was a blur of movement and hear a short rumble. *Man that look is scary!* Where Xiao once was, now was a thick stone sphere with her in the middle of it.
Bellona left the three little girls and walked over to the stone, knocking on it. Wasn't this a girl before? Why was she hiding? Nothing scary was here, after all.

"Hey! Come on, get outta there! What's wrong?"

*'Shit shes here!'* Xiao though to gerself as she ball of rock hardened a bit as Belonna knocked on it. Upon heari g the voice and had co firmed. It being Belonna Xiao cracked open the rock ball and peeked out. "you were about to start a fight under the ground... I cant keep the ceiling up if a fight between the gods breaks out down here." She replied.

Bellona smirked. This kid didn't need to worry about that. The fight wasn't going to take place in a good while. The Goddess of War wanted to fight now, but she knew other things had to be taken care of first. She could tell she was around mortals and demigods.Was that an alien dog?

"Relax, kiddo. We're saving that for later."

Xiao stepped out of the rocky ball completely now that Belonna confirmed that there wont be any fighting just yet. "When you fight...make sure its not under ground." She said to the goddess before picking up the block of rock she left in the door way and threw it away. This way it wasn't blocking the door and stopping it from closing.

Plutia and Vert walked over to the two now that things were beginning to settle down and thought to apologise for her display. "I'm sorry about that~ Sometimes I can get... carried away~" "Carried away, is an understatement, Plutia." Vert commented, looking towards her. "Your transformation is incredibly drastic from what your normal personality is, judging from that reveal just a moment ago. I can begin understand now why Neptune was afraid of you, if only a little." Vert then turned towards Xiao and gave her a warm smile. "I can assure you that those from our Universe are not like what you've just demonstrated. Well, except for one we know as Blanc or White Heart, but her's is more verbal than sadism."

Vert then turned around to look towards Bellona, eyeing her up and down and giving a little smirk. "Hmm~ You certainly do look like a Goddess~ Although not like what we are, you certainly do look and feel like a actual Goddess from those made-up stories in our video games~" She then gently planted a hand onto Bellona's shoulder and held it there for a moment. "Hmm~ Soft and firm. Hmhm." "Vert... what are you doing?" Came from a confused IF as she spotted Vert doing whatever it was she was doing, which caused her to retract her touch. "Sorry, Iffy-dear~ I couldn't quite help myself."

@Raffia Kiryuin @Hahli Nuva

Alice woke up looking around in the now quiet tunnels. The sound of relaxed conversation told her all she currently needed to know about the situation. And the girl released a sigh resting her head back down on the sack beneath her.
The armour and part of her shoulder still looked like a half-melted popsicle, but with the drugs and that medpack the pain was down to a dull throbbing.
Her helmet opened through a mental command and she coughed when trying to talk. “we safe?” she finally croaked.

Vortex-25 walked over to Alice and sat down next to her, legs out as she looked towards her. "Yeah, we're safe for now. We held those aliens off for the moment and we're safe and sound in this weird bunker thing." Vortex exclaimed as she reloaded her weapons in front of Alice and then planted them back onto their respective spots on her armour: The Older Sister III Revolver on the side of her leg, the Gentleman Vagabond Sniper Rifle on her back and the Nameless Midnight Rifle just above the Sniper Rifle. "I never thought that a Vex warp gate would take me here of all places. In a world desolated by constant bombing and encountering weird people like you and all these odd people."

@Silvir

Meanwhile while all the people that had arrived in the Bunker were chatting away to each other and discussing things, there was a girl sitting in a corner inside the Bunker. One with Green Hair and a pink dress, with a Gold Necklace. She was focusing on something it seemed, and she could be heard talking to herself:

latest

"I thought he was dead... I thought that after I had dealt with Kefka and that Dragon's Den, that everything was over, that I wouldn't see him again... And why do I keep getting this awful feeling in my head... Like someone I've fought has returned... All these odd creatures... That Dragon... And all the monsters that I had faced while being here... Are they all a sign?"

@Anyone

Last edited:
"Very well." Irantu said, deciding to not ask the AI about the meme it referred to. After all, it's probably contagious. "And we're done now? Nothing else to be done?"

@lil_kreen

Nanku approached the stone sphere, Kant counter in hand. "Abnormally high readings." She read. "In fact, this entire place feels..."

"It feels strange, yes." Onru nodded. "We have entered into a world of anomalies. This entire situation is quite... ironic."

Munru ignored them both and tapped on the sphere.

@Raffia Kiryuin

Nep looked at the ghost for a bit before shaking her head. "Nope. Nothing quite like you, least not withing Planeptune. You look more like something Vert or Noire would have had as a game if you were from my world. That said, you do look like you could have made it there. Maybe it's destiny or something, but if you really are like something from my world, I would be more than glad to have you join! The more the merrier after all!" she then looked around quickly, spotting some new girl with greenish hair.

"In fact, that girl looks almost exactly like someone from my world. Well, not really, but Ein Al would probably do something like that." she said tilting her head a bit to the side before smiling. "Not that it matters Ms. I mean, friends come from all sorts of places and I'd rather have a nice and huge party of friends than worry about where they came from. In fact..."

Neptune then hurried over to Terra, bending down to Terra's level as she extended her hand to help her up. "Hey there. My name is Neptune. You can call me Nep though. Nice to meetcha! What's your name?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back