I like this line of thought. The history of this leader turned into a myth that eventually became Ixe. Maybe his or her name had Ixe or something similar in it.

And don't worry, guys. I'm going to keep detailed notes about everything we discuss and keep it organized. When I get home from work, I'll address all of your questions and idea in more detail. I might make a google doc or something we all have access to so we can reference it when needed

Just had a cool idea. I was thinking about the Gun Dog and how I mentioned not having over powered characters, and honestly that's kinda what I did with my little gunslinger chick here. I've been thinking about how to limit the class and make it more than 'someone who can do whatever they want and get away with it.'

So how about this. Travel in the Parishes is heavily restricted. Normal people can only travel by very specific means (maybe train maybe something else). Even the military has to travel in their vehicles unless they're in specifically safe areas. Gun Dogs have no travel restrictions. There's a lot to be found and scavenged in the ruins that dot the countryside, but it's also more dangerous than the average person can deal with. Also Gun Dogs are authority figures and respected/feared wherever they go, but they don't have unlimited power to do as they wish.

There could be different levels or ranks to a Gun dog with the players being limited to the lowest tiers or something to further or logically restrict things.

As for magic, i have a few other ideas, that i will talk about after you give your full answer/opinion/whatever.
I just had an idea that could go with the Touched.

There could be some sort of amgical dissease, possibly that could change people into the Touched. possibly that could be a cause of Magic, with the sickness getting worse with the more one uses magic or something, or atleast one type of magic. It is an extension of my initial idea.

So I was thinking on how they would look different than just your regular old humans. Think about how evolution would change if you just went out into the daylight and avoided the darkness. They could have a more darker, tougher line of skin to them. Harder to break than a regular humans and creates like a barrier against most forces. As for the other, I would imagine them as a softer, paler skin, to which they need more protection. Also, I was reading up on some human evolution theories and even though you said there are no "common" dwarfs, there is something called "Humans evolving into two different species." You have the every small and very dumb low class and the Higher class that is more intelligent. Humans can be taller than there older generation as well, more stable and bone density, making them capable of fighting harder fights and as for the psychic, should they have a plate of metal in their brains? Which allows them to do such movements or should it just be all natural.. From natural selection?

Great ideas all around! We really have it going now! Unfortunately I can't dedicate any time to answer questions tonight, I have a sick daughter, but I'm very excited for all this input. I'll try to give you more tomorrow

I like the magic idea in conjunction with the Touched. The source of what these people call 'magic' could be some wildly advanced tech that they can't begin to understand. Like that Arthur C. Clark quote, "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." These Touched are possibly handling and manipulating some tech they don't know how to safely handle, and it warps their bodies and mind

Nebula , I like the evolution idea and I'll think more about it. I remember seeing something about different human species existing, and that it was homo sapiens that won the evolutionary battle. This totally has potential. As far as traditional fantasy races being out, I mean mostly the JRR Tolkien tropes, but if we can put a fresh new spin on those ideas, then I'm up to hear pitches. I also think these 'night fighters' is becoming a popular underground movement. There's graffiti, attacks on churches, hidden hand signals, people openly (still rarely, I want guns to feel special and not commonplace) wearing weapons. The Church of Sibisis, though showing signs of corruption and decay on many levels, isn't this grand evil thing. It still brings hope and solace to many. But it is definitely a symbol of power gone wrong to many

We could use the technologically advanced version of dwarves or the lije possibly. that could fit well with the pseudo steampunk theme we have here.

I like the Touched as a class/race of their own. Can't have one without the other. Those who abuse the tech are disfigured, those who use it sparingly can pass as normal. Touched are taboo and shunned from the cities. They are born and live in the wild in small tribes. Some secretly come and go into the cities.

And I've changed my mind about the environment outside the cities. There is dangerous flora/fauna. Very hard to survive

The night fighter/revolutionaries welcome Touched into their ranks. Shadow, can you elaborate or these tech dwarves? Not familiar with them. Maybe post a link?

Last edited:
Will take a shot at the bestiary sometime later. So something akin to Fallout creatures, and do you want original names for the things or can they just have a modified name related to the pre mutation version?

I was imaginng something like the Dwemer from Skyrim will link later.
Possibly just a race that came from humanity that stumbled upon some of the ancient tech and work from there.

Last edited:
I get the idea. That's actually what I thought you might mean about the dwarves. That's kinda what I'm going for overall. A marriage between Fallout (minus the 50s camp), Skyrim, and Bioshock. The names are up to you, depending on the work you want to put into it. And it doesn't have to be fully finished for the RP. So no pressure.

I think before we get bogged down with too many good ideas and stuff we need to define the differences between the Night Fighters and The Touched, as while the Church could lump them together due to the common associations with Ixe and the night, they will sill be fundamentally different i think right?

I think before we get bogged down with too many good ideas and stuff we need to define the differences between the Night Fighters and The Touched, as while the Church could lump them together due to the common associations with Ixe and the night, they will sill be fundamentally different i think right?

So the night fighters, or whatever we decide to call them, are revolutionaries. They use Ixe symbolism just to be contrary to the Church who they see as the symbol of corruption, and because they operate at night. Lots of advantages to this. They are open to Touched working with them, because they're outcasts.

The Touched are those that live in the wild. They use tech they don't understand to survive. Some of them become warped and disfigured. The Church doesn't like them too much either, it thinks their 'powers' are from Ixe.

The night fighters are just normal people with cause. Its a faction not a class. The Touched are a very specific race/class

Ok, so will the tech that causes this be like the Atlnatean/Ancient tech from the Stargate series that rewrites ones molecules and stuff?

Back