Ame Damnee The Two Talismans Tavern

Los watches the dark elf leave with a confused expression "what are you talking about....?" Los suddenly turns around to see bryn smashing a table and then charge at him.Los dives out of the way at the last second landing on the ground with a thud. Getting up from the floor Los unsheathes the rapier halfway before putting it back in. "bryn listen to me you need to calm down ok i am not your enemy..." Los gets into a fighting stance just encase she attacks again.

~Brynhild Nyman- Two Talisman Tavern~
Brynhild sent her wild eyes around the interior of the tavern, looking for her target only to spot him when Laos got up from the floor. She growled at Laos as he tried to speak to her, his words falling on deaf ears. She aimed a sloppy and somewhat slow kick to his lanky stature with another scream. She stopped mid-kick, her foot held close to Laos as she just stared at him, her eyes still fiery. After a moment, she dropped her foot and aimed another punch towards Laos.

Yuki - Two Talismans, District of Sloth

The youkai smiled at the woman, “How about this… I could use some more bodyguards for the brothel as well as for the inn, you can work for me when you don’t have something else lined up.”

The scent of something finally drew her attention to a trio of people. She frowned for a moment and watched. The second a table was broken Yuki stomped her foot on the ground calling the water up from the floorboards and out of the very air to freeze the offender in the steps, “That is enough!” She hissed sharply, “I will be damned if you are going to make this place look worse than it does already!”

Her calm annoyance was tangible as the ice crept outwards from herself and from the person she currently froze in place. There was little this demon wouldn’t do to keep order in the tavern.

It was all over the city at this point. The word was slowly getting out as it left one ear for the next that the Daemon’s Cradle had been stolen – the story growing more bizarre with each telling. A random drunkard seemed to have entered the tavern to give his take on the matter…

Brynhild turned her gaze to the person who froze her into place, glaring at the girl before looking around the tavern. Her eye fell on Los once more before they widened, realization of the situation hitting her. "Los, I'm so sorry! Are you okay? Did I hurt you?" She said with panic in her voice. She couldn't do much about movement due to her being frozen in place but she assessed her friend making sure he wasn't harmed by her. She turned to the lady that kept her trapped and shook her head, sighing, irratated at the fact that this lady kept her stationary. "So the elf can make people go berserk, huh?" she thought out loud.

Just as she was about to ask the ice lady to free her, a man with drunken behavior came into the tavern, spouting out about something being stolen or something of the sort. It was only when she heard the topic of the man's story was the Daemon's Cradle, Brynhild narrowed her eyes at the man. "That can't possibly be true." she muttered, doubting the drunkard's story even more than before.

Last edited:
Lucy Lovelace
"If you did, I'd be the best god-damned bodyguard you'd ever see." Lucy said with a sly, confident smile before her conversation partner suddenly burst out at someone behind her she hadn't had in her line of vision. Lucy glared at the woman but made now attempt to move, her yokai friend seemed to have it all under control, but it was quite obvious the bar was most definitely not supposed to sustain more damage than it already had with the previous events of the day.
"Not the excuse I would've chosen, but I'm not a professional magic-user that knows every spell in the book." Lucy said in the muscular woman's direction, her nonchalant stance deeming her no threat, but she was also exhibiting a lack of fear or anger, a battle-hardened warrior. The drunkard suddenly proclaiming Daemon's cradle however was news to her, she'd always wanted a job to protect the thing to even catch a glimpse of it, but only highly-trusted members of the different organisations were ever allowed near it. "Now how did someone manage that? It's harder to look at that damned thing that it is to survive out in Oblitus with absolutely nothing, and I should know." Lucy half-giggled, trying to spread a little humour while also bragging slightly about just how tough she was.

Los steps to the side to avoid the punch only to see bryn get froze in place and looks over to the rather angry ice lady "Umm thanks.." When bryn seems to come to her senses and starts to apologize los sighs in relief "Im fine bryn im more worried about you right now you did kinda go crazy and punched a table with enough force to break it... are you alright?" Los looks over at the ice lady "could you let my friend go now please..?"

Yuki was pleased to hear that the girl accepted her offer, “Good,” She smiled gently before turning her attention to the one she had frozen. Only to have her ice instantly return to water at the mere mention of the cradle being stolen, “Oh hells no…”

She seemed suddenly to be lost in deep thought. Her fruit forgotten for the moment she made her way over to the doorway that split the tavern in half. She spoke quietly with a succubus in the doorway who quickly scampered off. The world very well might be going to hell in a handbasket.

Brynhild gave a sigh as the ice melted from her person, immediately grabbing her sword. Before she left the tavern, she walked over to the Yuki, handing her a full pouch of coins. "I do apologize for the damages I caused. I know there isn't enough to cover so I'll come back later and help with repairs." she offered before turning to Los. "Hey, I'll be heading to the Town Square. I have someone to find. Feel free to come along if you wish." With a nod, she left the tavern and made her to the Town Square. It was a very bad thing that the Cradle was stolen but there was something personally important to her that needed to be taken care of.

Los looks over to all the unconscious people still on the floor "ummm they will be waking up in a few minutes sorry for the trouble" Los quickly grabs his bag and rushes out the door and follows right behind bryn. "so where we going?"

Lucy Lovelace
Lucy peered after the temporary bartender that she had recently become aquainted with as she ran quickly to the door, looking rather distressed. Lucy gave a long, happy yawn and stood up, her chair scraping against the ground as she stood up, drawing a few dubious looks, before she made her way to the door, somehow walking straight despite being incredibly drunk, she just didn't really seem like it. "What's wrong miss?" She asked cautiously as a shadow scampered away. "I know the cradle's important, but you look like you've seen a ghost! It'll be found fast enough." She said calmly and confidently, knowing full well that if someone were capable of stealing it, they would be more than capable of escaping with it.

The yuki-onna turned to glance at the woman, “Oh nothing more than gathering more information,” she admitted lightly. It was only part of the truth as the demon knew well that there were a few reasons not to go about thinking the crook who could pull off such a feat wouldn’t come back to the city. She wanted to be ready when that happened.

Whoever did this likely had a bigger plan in store. But what? Yuki didn’t like not knowing where everyone was and what they were doing. Where was Casden? The succubus had been sent to locate the male if such a thing was possible.

Lucy Lovelace
"I've never been much for information gathering, took no enjoyment from it. Fighting is where it's at, nothing quite like seeing the blood spurt from your enemies as you slash your way through them..." Lucy said softly, as though she were attempting to be seductive, her face going a dreamy pink at the thought of it, she wanted a fight, if she could help it.
"... Not that I'll get to do any of that, I'm just kinda waiting around at the moment drowning my sorrows and what not." She finished, seeming embarrassed for some reason.

Durbul-Stonefist
Two Talisman Tavern

Durbul couldn't help, but feel a little annoyed being kicked out of the sanctuary, He still had a while till his fight. However by his lucky stars this tavern was not too far from the fight. So if he kept track of the time he would be able to get there no issue.

"SO you think everything is going to be okay with your boss and all those other guys? Seems like strange happenings if you ask me." Durbul asked as he turned to his friend. Durbul couldn't help but feel that what was happening was something massive. Durbul was even tempted to go back and find out what, but he had managed to survive this city by not asking too many questions. So he wasn't going to start now.

Durbul observed his surroundings and found this place to his liking. It was much better then the other "Pubs" he went too. Durbul then sat down on a chair and quickly gestured for Errol to sit down. "So what about a drink?!" Its on me." Durbul yelled out with a grin, drinking after all was one of his favourite pass times.

@Revelree

Errol
The Two Talisman Tavern - with Durbul

In his life, he had not imagined that he would be visiting the same tavern two days in a row. He sighed heavily as he sat down, looking worried. He shouldn't be--- Xena assured him that she will explain everything soon, and yet, he still could not help it. "I think she'll be fine, Xena can handle them... hopefully." he thought, almost trying to convince himself. They had all looked so tense and serious, it must have been something big. Remembering how Wroth is and the immense power he had when he's out of control gave him the idea that it must have been dangerious, but one look from Xena and he knew she wanted him out of it. That there was nothing he could do if he stayed. That he'll only be a hindrance. The thought made him feel a little bitter and useless.

"So what about a drink?!" Its on me." Errol gave his old friend a smile that was between amused and uncertain. "Can I abuse your generosity? I wanna get piss drunk." the idea came from nowhere, but as he said it, he realized its just what he needed. "I've never been drunk." he added, looking a little thoughtful.

Durbul couldn't help, but let his draw drop when he heard those terrifying words. "I've never been drunk." Durbul knew that Errols boss didn't like drinking, but to never be drunk before.

It gave Durbul chills just thinking about it. "Fuck abusing my generosity!" Durbul yelled out while flinging his hands into the air. "This is going to be your rebirth!" Durbul Couldn't contain himself. His friend he had not seen in years and he was going to able to witness his friend's first drinks.

Durbul was the happiest he had been in a very long time. He often kept up a strong appearance, but in this city of blood, it would always kick you down. Every time you think you would escape the hell hole below and reach into the great luxury and splender of the nobles. Something would always go wrong and some days the darkness would threaten to take you without mercy.

However, times like these. Being with a friend who would die protecting you and would never betray you. Thats something that darkness can never take away.

Durbul suddenly realised he had been lost in thought and quickly spun back into action.

"You wait here. I will get you some cider." Durbul said as he got up from his chair and slapped his friend shoulder in a friendly fashion.

Durbul only had a few silvers, but it would do for now. Durbul made his way though the small crowd and made it too the tavern keeper. and returned to the table with two bubbly ciders in hand.

"Ere you go. This will put some hairs on that chest of yours." Durbul said as he laughed with childlike glee. Durbul then lifted up his drink in a toast. "To your health and your hangover tomorrow!"

Errol

Errol couldn't help but laugh at Durbul's enthusiasm as well as his toast, especially at the childlike way he laughed and worded his statements. It was rather refreshing to see him like this, as they rarely have anything to smile about back when they were in slave trade, when they were younger. Lifting his drink to the toast, he then nodded and drank the liquor straight. He had his first taste of cider earlier yesterday, but it still did not stop him from making a face as the liquid like fire burned down his throat. He set the glass down on the table. "Xena won't like me having a hangover tomorrow." he replied. "On a side note, can I just say can never understand you drunkards? What makes this liquid any better than gasoline?"

"Ahhh that just it. The drink is the fuel for the fire inside us!"
Durbul said as he lifted one of his hands to his chest. Durbul had already gotten half way though his drink. It was always depressing to see the cup near empty. Durbul smiled a wide grin. "Oh and don't you worry about your hangover. I know the best cure around."

The noises of the tavern around them blended seemlessly into the conversation. Durbul liked that the most about taverns, apart from the drinks of course. It always seem's so lively in the dead of night when most are asleep. There would be a Pub somewhere serving drinks, with patrons gambling. It was the only place Durbul could really stand strangers. Because most of them were like him, people who wanted to forgot the worries of the world for just a few hours.

Durbul suddenly spoke. "Oh, just so you know I got a fight soon." Durbul said non-nonchalantly keeping his massive grin.

"Sorry for not telling you earlier. I dont know if you are into those fights is all. Didn't want you worrying."

Durbul said with his cheers still ever present. Durbul wanted to tell Errol about the fight. Most of the time the fight would be against someone half his age with a chip on their shoulder. However it would be strange if Durbul up and left. Leaving behind a confused Errol.

"Dont worry though. It will be enough time to get you well and truly hammered." Durbul laughed as he finished the rest of his drink.

"Ah bugger me already finished."

Errol

Errol looked up as he mentioned his appointments. Durbul did say he doesn't want him worrying... but he already looked worried anyway. "You still fight? But your leg, I mean... I don't mean to be rude but..." he trailed off. It was apparent that in contrast to Durbul's ruggedness, good manners has been drilled into him one way or another. He looked like he wanted to say more but he bit his tongue to be sensitive to Durbul's sensibilities. Regardless, the implication of his statement was loud and clear: the fact that with Durbul showing physical discomfort with his injury up to this day, he should've already retired from engaging in such dangerous battles. It wasn't safe. He was already on the disadvantage even before the fight starts. But then again, he was just probably living the only way he knew how.

Errol sighed, looking unsatisfied but letting the idea go. "Okay, fine. Just... be careful out there. I don't want seeing you in the Sanctuary for all the wrong reasons." And then an idea seemed to flash in his head as he glanced at his old friend's long time injury again. "Now that I think about it... I wonder if... Xena can actually heal that... but its already been so long, the flesh must have already gotten used to its position, it will not be a simple process, I guess." his gray eyes softened, a little deep in thought.

The Two Talisman Tavern with Errol.
Durbul-Stonefist

Durbul couldn't help but feel a warm fuzzy feeling. Errol was worried for him. "Ahh dont worry about the leg. I have learned to live with it. In a fight I can ignore it a little. Get kinda lost in the fight ya know?" Durbul often wondered if anyone would miss him if he did die in a fight, guess now Durbul had his answer.

"Dont worry, chances are it some young upstart who thinks they can take on the world." Durbul couldn't help but feel guilty when thing like that happen. It would often be a up and coming star trying to work their way out of fighting, only for it to cut short.

Despite what Durbul had said he did often felt like he was becoming slower. Movements that used to be bearable now took a lot more effort.

"But hell if that boss of yours could heal this leg." Durbul gestured to his leg as he spoke. He tried to imagine his life without the pain. However he couldn't help but feel nothing would change in the end. "Well, she would be my second favourite woman in this city." Durbul muttered as he look back up at Errol.

Durbul smiled, he thought of Eltheya again. It was sad the learn of her death, but Durbul wondered if she would of hated what he did for a living? He could just imagine her sitting next to Errol with a smile on her face. The thought of the big three back together made him smile. It was pointless to think to much about it, but it was nice to think of what might have been if the three of them had never been slaves.

"Hey, Errol you gonna finish that already? I am bloody thirsty." Durbul said as he pointed at Errols glass and put on a grand smile trying to put away his previous thoughts.

"Ya know its rude to keep a drunkard waiting! Down that so I can get you another!"

Back