Ame Damnee The Two Talismans Tavern

Sikex, played by Meliodas

The Two Talismans Tavern

Seated at the bar
It was hardly a coincidence that both cities were attacked at precisely the exact same time, but it wasn’t Sikex’s job to judge, nor was it to act as a member of the jury, or even as the executioner. Instead, he was simply the undertaker. New Eden was in a state of disarray, but he felt he had done all he could, and while he left The Staff n’Flagon secured, he surmised that the two bakers he intentionally left behind would escape in due time if they hadn’t already. Nonetheless, he had work to do, which is why he sat at the corner of the bar, taking advantage of the chaos as he slammed a few drinks – trying his best not to draw too much attention to himself.

Like all good things, however, his fun came to an abrupt halt as a daemon seemed to turn the tavern into a winter wonderland. Interestingly enough, a ring of swords appeared around Sikex almost instantly, revolving around him slowly and not allowing the cold embrace to reach him - seemingly negating the icy effect. Sikex on the other hand didn't seem to pay much attention as he finished his mug. "Thanks! I really wanted a cold one."

Lucy Lovelace
Lucy delicately sipped from her large pint of beer in a rather seemingly-sad manner, as though she were nursing her old wounds rather than just having a drink, her hat concealing her face and thick clothing making her gender almost unidentifiable, along with keep her warm and concealing her weapons. It suddenly became significatly colder, but she paid no heed and remained in her seat, drink in hand as the ice cold temperature seeped through her thick bundle of clothes, silently manipulating her temperature with her ability so as to not freeze to death in the sudden spike of chilly coldness. She was in the right-hand corner of the bar, looking directly at the table and refusing to sneak a glance to anywhere else before she was entirely drunk, the table already had several empty glasses, but she didn't feel wuite ready enough to face anyone or speak her mind, so she remained still, small strands of white hair seeping out along with faintly blood-stained clothes showed her experience in a battle, but her young face seemed to show a clear bit of inexperience, creating a strange mystery of a person thar seemed rather grumpy to all who approached, but was significantly nicer compared to her evident sadness she had maintained until grabbing a hold of the alcohol.

Last edited:
Ketsueko of Leicaster,
The Two Talisman Tavern

The door, being broken down as it was, proved little barrier to a new face. One that didn't often show itself in places like this one. No, someone who worked here or frequented could tell he wasn't likely an ordinary patron. His features were far too smooth, too clean. Aristocratic even. He was handsome as far as daemons go, a little bit by daemon standards and a little by human ones... Though perhaps he would have been more unnerving to mortals, the uncanny valley neatly violated by crimson eyes with black schlera, and dully shining small horns poking out of his messy but clean silvery white hair.

A scar stretched over his elegant features over his right eye, a thin smirk playing on his lips. He wore a quilted black waist coat that was double breasted down the center with buttons.. A thin, tightly fitted white tunic under, with breeches bloused at the top of leather jackboots that crunched over the ice crystals frosting over the fallen door panel. A sword hung at his hip. Long, straight but with a minimal crossguard and hilt, although the scabbard was inlaid with finely worked brass fittings. A fine weapon, something meant as much as art as it was killing.

His strange eyes scanned the inn and the few occupants that turned a blind eye to the chaos in the streets. It seemed even in Abaddon, there would always be some that opted to simply ignore calamity as if it weren't happening.

He eyes the tavern's occupants, and the Frost and the.. Angry daemon present at the moment. A smile playing at his lips. "Am I interrupting something?" His voice was fitting. Silky, tenor in pitch. Articulate, but mocking, somehow.

Yuki - Two Talismans, District of Sloth

Yuki glared at each and every person. The stone men gone. She huffed heavily and let the ice return to water which quickly seeped back into the various places it had come from even her spear, “What a day,” She huffed as she caught a glimpse of herself in the mirror behind the bar. Her hair pins had melted and left her hair to fall down her back to her hips. Another sigh. It would take her a little time to work her way back to being her overly cheery self.

Stepping behind the bar she poured some wine for herself then started lining up drinks, “Cheers consider this a gift.” She lifted the wine and downed it. Her gaze landed on the various people in the room still, “Who doesn’t have a drink?” Casden would surely forgive her for taking his post for a little bit.

The Two Talismans Tavern

Seated at the bar
Sikex had never been a fan of wine, but it was considered the nectar of the gods. He could recall Lucifer having quite a soft spot for good tasting wine, one in which he didn’t quite share. There were many things mankind did right, but alcohol wasn’t one of them. “You know, that stuff will kill you! Believe me, I should know.” There was no doubting that he was a sucker for puns, not unlike another angel he knew.

Lucy Lovelace
Lucy's eyes flickered over to the bar at the idea of more alcohol before returning to the table before her, littered with empty glasses. Her armoured arm wavered slightly before raising, singifying her want for another drink while maintaining her silence while also preventing her from having to turn and show her face to the rest of the bar, which has since been filled with a few more people, one of which was now manning the tavern. She felt warm inside as all the liquor she had been drinking was now settling in her stomach, giving her a pleasant buzz of joy throughout her system, which very few things were capable of managing nowadays. Lucy didn't trust herself to speak, not because she couldn't, but because that would grab attention and show just how much alcohol she had downed already, so instead, she merely strew a small bunch of silver coins on the desk and awaited the hopefully tasty drink, not that she could tell.
Her taste buds had already become numbed, and everything tasted fine at this point.

Ketsueko of Leicaster,
Two Talismans

Ketsueko walks over to the bar. Casually, he takes a seat on one of the stools, raising an eyebrow at the frigid daemon behind the counter. "Well, if you're just offering." He says in response to her question. Having just walked in, it'd be natural that he didn't have a drink to himself yet. "I don't imagine they have any interesting years on the rack, do they?" He asks, sounding as if he didn't expect they did.

He watched the daemon with interest, before glancing over at the woman sitting at the table, and then back to the other 'patron' of the bar. Curiosities abound... "I see we're all comedians here. Does talent have a name?" He remarks sarcastically in his direction.

The youkai blinked slightly at the male before her, “Comedians?” She wasn’t much for making people laugh though she herself enjoyed laughing. Such activities made her feel connected to those that weren’t born alone as her kind often where. She gave him a smile as she moved over to the lines of drink, “What sort are you looking for wine or whiskey?” Those were the only two that she could think of off the top of her head that required a few years to taste its finest.

Her gaze shifted to the male with sword before going to the woman who was alone and clearly had the goal of getting drunk. Why? She never understood such things.

The Two Talismans Tavern

Seated at the bar
The angel rarely fancied himself a comedian or much of anything for that matter. Much of his existence had passed him by, with little to no soul searching or real effort to figure out his place in the world. He’d seen a million lifetimes come and gone as empires had fallen, tyrants were killed, and even gods clashed. Yet, in all of that, he still knew very little about himself. Life was a curious thing, one Death just yearned to learn more about.

“In a way, you already know me. But don’t fret. We’ll have plenty of time to catch up… sooner or later.” Finishing the last of his mug, he stood before tossing a few gold coins onto the table. Of course, Sikex overpaid. If anyone knew what it was like to go underappreciated behind a bar, it was him. “Please, everyone, mind your health. Would hate to see anything happen.” While he may have been simply disregarded as a loon, there was some significant meaning behind his words, even if only he knew what.

Sikex had spent only a short time in Abaddon but feared New Eden would soon be calling his name. The Staff n’Flagon needed to be reopened. After all, if the people of that fair city needed anything right now, it was a drink!

Ketsueko of Leicaster,
The Two Talismans

Ket passes a sidelong glance at the angel, pressing his lips together with some suspicion. Despite Sikex likely being regarded as a loon typically, Ket was of a specific unhealthy disposition that lended itself to extreme paranoia. He glances at Yuki as Sikex walks out, raising an eyebrow. "Wine... And was it just me or did that sound like a threat?"

It probably wasn't one but... Ket wasn't the kind to think that. He seemed a little sour over the issue. Like the brief exchange of words was akin to sucking on a lemon. "I haven't met you." He says after a pause, re-engaging the conversation from a different angle.

Yuki’s pale nearly white gaze shifted to the male for a moment as he answered her question. She then plucked a bottle down that she happened to like, uncorked it the poured a small sample into one of the glasses before holding it out to him, “Try this,” She smiled before pouring herself a glass. If he liked it she would fill his glass with it.

“Warning or threat?” She hummed softly, “I don’t remember seeing that one before so I would assume it is simply philosophical. Hardly any way of knowing without knowing something about the man who says it.”

She thought about the sword man who had left not long ago his words rang in her mind like a bell. Something was coming. She could feel it like the slight tingling of sensation that pricks at the frozen fingertips of those that would die of the cold. Shaking her head slightly smiled a bit more, “I hope Casden get’s back soon. I’m not much of a barkeep,” Her piffle of laughter was light and friendly, “I’m Yuki the innkeeper as well as caretaker of the hot spring,” She bowed slightly to him in greeting, “I’m sure you haven’t ever been to my side of the tavern. I would have remembered such a character.”

Ketsueko of Leicaster,
The Two Talismans

Ket accepts the glass, leaning on the counter as his gaze -- dark, in contrast to hers, mostly black eyes under silvery white eyebrows that seemed lightly furrowed as he sips down the sample she'd given him. He nods quietly, lips parting with the smallest 'ahh', setting the glass on the counter again. He doesn't seem to relax, even when she laughs, remaining a little grim faced and contemplative until he straightens, turning slightly to stretch his arms out in his chair, but taking the moment to glance at the other patron as well with a side-long look. "I tend not to make it to the Sloth district often." He says in answer to her observation. "...Not my choice of sin." He remarks with a note of jest in his voice as he looks back at her, smiling thinly. He hadn't given her a name yet... Maybe he didn't plan on giving her one.

Lucy Lovelace
Lucy, upon realising that her requested drink wasn't going to be delivered, stepped quietly up out of her seat, taking the few silver coins, and moved towards the bar. Upon arriving, she sat down again calmly on one of the bar stools, making sure to have one seat seperating her from the other man in the tavern. "I would like to request a beer" Lucy said with determination, successfully attempting to not trip over her words, much like how she had not tripped on the journey from her table to the counter. "I wish to drown my sorrows in booze, and I find the enviroment here comforting." She continued, laying the same coins down on the table before her, seeming like a noble, but the bloodstains of fighting evidently showing otherwise. "So if you would be so kind, a drink." She finished off with a curt smile, dipping her hat slightly so her bright, hazel eyes disappeared from view.

She poured more into his glass then glanced up at the rather formal woman who stepped up to the bar requesting a beer. Without a word Yuki picked up a tankard poured the beer from a barrel and handed it to the woman then took the appropriate coins from her, “Sorry about that,” She chimed, “I don’t normally do this.”

Hell what was she doing? She leaned against the bar for a moment which caused her waist length black hair to cascade over her left shoulder, “I hope everything is going as it should…” She then replied to the man, “Sin? Oh there a many sins that take place here. But what is your choice if you don’t mind my asking?”

Lucy Lovelace
Lucy nodded her thanks to the temporary bartender and repositioned herself to have arm supporting her body on the counter with the other now grasping the cold drink, her body hunched over it carefully, nursing the beverage as though it were a child. "Nothing wrong with relaxing." Lucy chimed in, deciding to take a more sociable path instead of lamenting on the past. "Besides, as long as you keep sharp and fit, spending time here isn't that bad!" She grinned, taking a henerous gulp from the glass and looking between the two before moving a seat over, next to the man and opposite the barkeep, pondering if they might just dismiss her and force her back into being the outcast she was.

~Brynhild Nyman- Two Talisman Tavern~
Brynhild walked into the tavern, her friend in tow as she loudly announced, "Time for some drinks!" She quickly secured herself a seat, a large, teethy grin spread across her features in what seemed to be an uncomfortable smile though the Gladiator didn't seem to notice. Setting Astrid by her feet, she contemplated on what she could and how many drinks she could consume. "I'm planning on a pretty plastered evening. Are you drinking anything, Los?"

Los takes a seat next to bryn and debates the question for a minute "no i think ill pass Bryn but you go ahead and do whatever just try not to start any fights this time..." Despite what los just said he makes sure to have his cane next to him just in case.

~Brynhild Nyman- Two Talisman Tavern~
Brynhild gave a hearty chuckle as she lifted her hand a bit. "Could I get 3 ales this way?" she asked with subtle politeness before turning her fiery gaze toward Los. "Don't worry about it. There's noone here who could take me, sword or no sword." She grinned as she studied the tavern and the people with in, her assumptions proven right. "So no fight tonight, pal."

Los begins to relax a bit after hearing that but only slightly. "So how much do you think that you will be able to drink this time?" Los changes his mind about getting a drink and lifted his hand "ill take a ale to"

~Brynhild Nyman-Two Talisman Tavern~
Brynhild smiled. "Oh, I could drink a shit ton." she said, rubbing her shoulders as she waited for the drinks. "Man, training was hell today." She said with a sigh, remembering the interesting sword fight between another fellow Gladiator and the trainer. It would be blood-pumping to go up against him one day. Shaking her head of the memory, she stretched out her arms, before fully relaxing.

Back