1x1 Winds of Insurrection

Ryuji nodded, leading Kassandra out of the forest. Once again it was rather tricky finding the right way out, almost like the forest had changed paths on them. But eventually the duo arrived back in Enbarr, the day still well into the afternoon. Before they went much farther, though... "I don't know about you, but I wanna check this place out," Ryuji said. It was clear the gold was burning a hole through the boy's pockets.

@Jeremi

"I'm not supposed to meet Dorothea until later in the evening," Kassandra replied. "If you do not mind the company I could join you for a while." Maybe it was best to keep an eye on the boy just in case he didn't find himself stumbling into some trouble.

@Yun Lee

ffp310399LARGE.jpg

The two took to the streets of Enbarr. A lovely sunny day with a nice breeze, the city square was bustling, citizens walking through lines of street vendors or talking with each other as they sat and enjoyed the day. There were even a few performers around, dancing or doing magic or playing instruments. It seemed everyone was trying to keep living after the war and Melding that had turned life upside down, and it altogether felt quite nice.

"Woah...this is just like those Renaissance Fairs they have in Europe and America! I always wanted to go to one..." He looked up to Kassandra. clearly ecstatic about what was before them. "What should we do first?"

@Jeremi

The city was impressive and for Kassandra, even more, advanced that she had seen before. "I'll let you be the captain of our little expedition," Kassandra joked. "However, I wouldn't perhaps mind getting some food."

@Yun Lee

"Hell yeah, I'm starving! I guess it's too much to ask for some ramen around here...but maybe there's something that's good enough I won't miss it." And it seemed his prayers were answered, as down the vendors a ways was a rather crowded stand selling some sort of pasta mixed with various local vegetables. Getting a bowl for himself and Kassandra Ryuji found them a spot on a fountain to eat near a flute player.

"Mm...oh, mahn...sso goodh..." The teenager spoke between bites, clearly enjoying it. It was a fresh and filling dish, no wonder the stand had been so popular.

@Jeremi

Kassandra poked the contents of the bowl for a bit before she took a bite herself. "That's...interesting." It tastes quite good she hadn't much tried out any local dishes. Most of what she had eaten was mostly fish and animals she had caught herself in the wild and the odd soups and stews that the woman where she had lived for a while had given her. "What is your tale, Ryuji?" Kassandra finally asked. "Have you seen anyone close to you since your arrival in this world?"

@Yun Lee

Ryuji had pratically inhaled his food, and was wiping his mouth on his jacket sleeve as Kassandra asked her question. "Huh? Oh...no. See back home, my friends and I, we all could travel to the Metaverse together. We called ourselves the Phantom Thieves, and we took on all kinds of assholes! A yakuza boss, an art thief...and the teacher who ruined my chance at a track scholership. I mean he did way more effed-up stuff than that! But man...my leg is messed up outside the Metaverse, so when I got dumped in that forest, I thought I was done for. I was alone, and surrounded by three of those robots, and I couldn't use my Persona outside. But then...it was the weirdest thing. This like...weird creature came out of the forset and saved me from those robots! It was crazy! It moved so fast and was crazy strong...and I swear, it talked to me, pointed me to go in a certain direction...and I found the trailer and Jenet. And you know the rest, I guess."

He tapped his spoon on his bowl, zoning out for a moment or two, before looking to Kassandra. "What about you? I mean, I know you got that bird, but...did you end up on your own?"

@Jeremi

Now that was certainly a story. "Yes, I've been trying to find my family. Back home I had just stopped a ploy for the Grecian islands to fall under the control of a terrible cabal and I and my reunited family were trying to have some well-deserved rest when...this happened. They are all quite capable so I know they're safe but...it would be nice to confirm it for myself."

@Yun Lee

"No yeah. I get that. I know my friends are probably okay but...you can't help but worry after getting all close." He sighed. "I wonder how my mom's doing..." The conversation turning a bit somber he looked over to her hands. "Yo, what'd you do with your ring? You sell it already?"

@Jeremi

"No, I still have it for the time being," Kassandra replied. "Never know when something like that might become useful."

@Yun Lee

"No kidding. I still wanna figure out what it does. You felt it too, right? It felt all weird? I've gotten a ton of weird stuff like that through Mementos trips...including something really cool." He opened his backpack, showing off a little yellow book. "Check it out! It lets me use lightning spells! I'm still getting the hang of it, but I figure it'll give me a fighting chance out of the Metaverse!" He looked into his bag. "I got other stuff in here, too, if you want anything. Pretty sure I can't use a lot of it...and believe me, I tried."

@Jeremi

"I'm quite content with what I already have, but thank you for asking," Kassandra replied. "But this world certainly is interesting. I fought some weird beasts back in my homeworld but...the things I have seen here...."

@Yun Lee

"Oh yeah, it's nuts over here." He zipped up bis bag, slinging it back over his shoulder. "Sure never seen a giant talking bird before! And well..." He motioned to their surroundings. "This is definitely not what I'm used to."

@Jeremi

Kassandra nodded. "It's quite unfamiliar to me as well. It's put a few things in perspective on how small the world I came from truly was. Perhaps if I ever return home I'll travel and see what the world has to offer."

@Yun Lee

"I wanna do that, too, when I grow up...well, maybe when we sell the stuff we got, I can start a fund or something!"

The day passed on quite pleasantly, and finally, it was near evening. "I gotta do a quick shopping run for Jenet," Ryuji said, finally pulling himself away from the street fair. "Gotta get her some food since she's all cooped up in the forest. I'll see you tonight, unless you wanna come with?"

@Jeremi

"I have prior engagements," Kassandra replied as her mind went to Dorothea. "But tell Jenet I said hi."

@Yun Lee

With Ryuji saying a goodbye, Kassandra was now left to herself. The letter had mentioned a restaurant somewhere in the city, which Kassandra could try to find on her own...but perhaps she could find Dorothea at the Palace beforehand?

@Jeremi

Ikaros had been flying overhead for most of Kassandra's little excursion and now landed on her shoulder as Ryuji walked off. "Perhaps it is time for us to return the palace?" She asked her eagle that cried out in response. While she could attempt to find the restaurant it felt a bit like a fools' errand.

Instead of taking the streets back to the Palace she took the scenic route. Climbing up a nearby wall she'd make her way through the rooftops back towards the palace. Her destination Dorothea's room.

@Yun Lee

The roofs of the city were fortunately quite sturdy, allowing Kassandra to get across to the Palace in perfect time. Dorothea's room didn't take too long to find, as looking through the windows, she'd immediately spot the songstress in her room, putting flowers into a bouquet.

Who was that man in her room, though?

@Jeremi

Kassandra was ready to knock on the window to surprise Dorothea before she noticed the man in her room. Holding off the Eagle-Bearer stayed back to try and get a closer look at the unknown guest.

@Yun Lee

Back