Ziendla: The new generation

Winter touched her shoulder. He could feel her loneliness. His eyes which usually had been green turned light blue when activating a hidden ability. He attempted to take some of her sadness so he could burden sadness for her, even if it was only a little. "Dont worry your not alone" his personality had becone serious even though it was normally silly. He was older than Nina but he understood her. The only person to truly accept him and chose to hangout with him over all the other people in the world: his true love, had died. He knew how Nina felt in someway so he watched over her. He not only acted like a child to try to fit in with her, but also because he reverted to his child-like self his love died to help ease the pain. He still acts like a kid to aviod the pain. But Nina and her friends helped him.

Nina grabbed for his hands, which were larger than her own, squeezed them tightly, and her mouth quirked into a smile.
" I know, Winter. it's just that...I miss him, you know?" She sighed, slowly withdrawing her hands and hung her head, her hair falling about her face. " He was all i had, Winter. I sometimes wish i could stop loving him. So the pain would go away, but it wont. I try-" Her voice cracked, and she choked on her breath as tears gathered in her blue eyes.

"I feel everyone's pain, And all that pain, it's alot, in training when master let me feel their pain i couldnt stop crying for a month, but even all that pain never hurts when you loose the one you love" Winter never told her about his love, only very few people knew, if nina did know he was unaware of it. He hugged her, pulling her in close, he cocooned her from the world, keeping Nina warm. an ability of his was to take sadness away from others and add it too his, but her sadness strong. All he could do was bear the pain with her. "It won't be easier Nina, but you can't let the pain control your life, you have to take control. I'm just glad you deal with your sadness properly" He said.

Nina chuckled in his chest, her chest vibrating from the impact. She touched her golden pocket watch which was around her neck on its delicate chain, unaware that she was doing it due to habit. The steady ticking always calmed her, and she rested her chin on Winters shoulder affectionately like she did when they were children. Nina was taller than most women, but Winter was taller than her nevertheless. It made her feel warm and welcome since she lost her mother. Her father never did have time for her, unless it was politics. But her friends were always there when she was broken, sad, and they celebrated with her and shared her feelings, and in return she did the same for them.

She laughed, nudging him.
" Oh come on. You know i hate it when my friends call me that." Grinning, she hung her head to look at the time. Her eyes widened, and it was all she could do to keep herself from yelling. Taking a deep breath, she spoke:
" We're late. Father is going to kill both of us!" She took off into the forest, checking back to see if Winter was behind her.

He was laughing pretty hard. He was happy that they we're together and he enjoyed the trouble they got into. It sucked but for now it was fun. He enjoyed framing the moment in his mind for him to keep forever.

Nina sighed loudly, and went back to grab at his sleeve, pulling harshly.
" If you won't come i will drag you!" She yelled, and did just that, half dragging him into the pathway of the forest hurriedly.

"Oh im slow. Well i didnt wanna embarrass you but-" winter dashed passing her. Which started to drag her with him. He wasnt the fasted, but he was as quick enough to be a swordsman

Nina yelped slightly, but didn't let go because of her stubbornness.
" well i have pride!" She shouted, and willed her legs to carry her faster. And they obeyed, until she was just beside Winter.
"You were saying, slowpoke?" She chuckled. " What? I am not the only one who trains."

"I dont think i should go faster, yet, but ill get you there with more training" i yelled running to the palace.

She nodded, following him inside hastily.
" I wish we didn't have to go back. It was fun back there." Nina sighed as the soldiers at the gate opened them for the two friends, and she rushed in.

Winter followed nina his eyes on her like a hawk. He could never be too catious. He wore his mask so no one could see him cry. Feeling the pain of others often made him cry. But currently he was rather dry so he removed his mask. It revealed his light blond hair and green eyes.

Nina glanced back, smiling at him softly.
" You should take that thing off more often." They reached the great doors of the castle, and she pushed them open with great effort. A butler came to great them, taking their cloaks.
" The king is in the throne room, miss." He bowed and stalked away.

Nina straightened, her expression blank. The warmness she held only for her friends was gone, replaced by coldness and shadowed eyes. She started towards the throne room with the grace that of royalty, and knocked.
" Come in." A hoarse voice of a male's sounded, muffled slightly by the door. Nina pushed it open to reveal a golden throne, a chandelier that lit the room, also made of gold, and the walls plain except for the wallpaper of wavy blue lines that ran along the old and cracked walls.

"ROYALTY" Winter yelled. It was very embarrassing for royalty. The guards found it amusing coughing away their laughs.

Nina sighed, nudging him.
" Ahem." She cleared her throat, and her father turned away from the tinted windows to stare at her.
" Princess! Do come and sit down." He gestured to the cushions beside the throne as he sat on it, and smiled softly.
" So. What news do you have?" Nina sat down beside her father, pulling Winter down beside her harshly. She showed a blank expression, but she felt nervous and disgusted inside by her father. The sweetness and kindness was all an act. The moment they left the presence of others, he would become cold and distant, the warmness gone from his golden eyes.

"Demons. Theres no other way to explain. Scared yet? Should be. Okay so we align with the monsterd and we live, chance of betrayal? Un-known. Risk: worth it. Could get an alliance. Hopefully history doesnt repeat itself and the alliance ends sooner then it has too." winter got to the point. He didnt much care for the king so he used what controlled everyone. Fear. He didnt much like the king but he would try to make it where nina didnt have to say more than she needed too. He was very protective. Almost to that of a best friend or real father.

Nina rubbed her forehead in exhaustion, glancing around with dark bags under her blue eyes.
" Yes Father. That is all." She stood up to leave, but her knees gave out and she slipped, her eyes closed long ago.

Back