A Dragonet's Wish 2

~He's...he's impressed?~ Thyru thought privately. The dragonet wiped his tears, rewinding the past few seconds in his head and playing it over and over. ~Can...can I really do this...~
~~~~~~~
Sky shook his head. "Chaa...do....do you think i'm a bad dragon?" He keeps his eyes on the ground.

"But I'm still hungry" He looked around him, finding a smaller, run down tavern-like building. "Here. Quietly."

- - -

"Sky, you are the greatest dragon I have ever known." She nuzzled him gently. "You're strong, you can do this."

Thyru follows. "Do you plan on eating anyone this time or will you eat actual food for once?" The juvenile lands quietly in front of the building, tucking his wings in neatly.
----
Sky nods his head. "Yeah...ok, we aren't done here" the dragon sniffs. "And your right;Thyru wouldn't say such things without the influence of that Grekan character."

"Corpses are too much effort to dispose of. I just want a warm meal in my belly." Grekan entered the dingy establishment first, taking in what he saw.

All around him were run-down tables and at those tables sat brawny and brute dragons doing their own things. Some simply had a conversation going on while others seemed to be gambling in a game of cards; the rewards being a number of different looking kobold slaves, all chained and on their knees in a row awaiting their new master. On Grekan's far left, an fight seems to be going on while on the far right, a small crowd is formed around a booth over some challenge a red completely red dragon with yellow facial scales is issuing out. In front of Grekan sits the barkeeper, a large green dragon, cleaning behind the wooden counter.

Thyru takes a peek at everything, particularly the red dragon's challenge.

"Good." Chaa nodded once at him, a look of determination on her face. "He's tried over and over to beat us, and we've taken some hits but we're far from out of the fight. Let's make sure he never wins, even if it means chasing him until the sun burns out."

- - - - -

"Hmm." Grekan eyed down the Kobolds with a mischievous grin. "Maybe a fresh meal won't be so hard to come by after all."

A dark blue Kobold notices Grekan's look followed by the others and they all react the same way. The group of kobolds scramble over one another and onto the other side of one of the gambling dragons. Looking down at the kobolds and then to Grekan, he frowns. "Oi, you f*ckin bogan, your scarin the merch" he growls in an heavy accent. "If you want one, you'll have to play."

Thyru makes his way through the crowd, listening in on the challenge. "Its simple really, all you have to do is keep your paw in contact with my scales for as long as possible. Oh, and one last time for all of you who didn't see the first time:" The dragon pulls out a gold coin and within seconds, it begins to glow brightly and slowly melt in his paw. "The hotter, the higher prize wise."

"Right, but, we'll need a plan. Whatever Grekan was doing to us earlier, I assume he can do again and stop us in our tracks. Now, that being said, the only option we have right now is to capture Thyru without him knowing." He pauses. "Unless, you have something better."

He made his way over, a cool look on his face. Gambling came easy to him. It always did when you could practically tell what the opponent was thinking.

- - - -

"We got him alone this time and Grekan showed up anyway. We need to make sure he can't do whatever it is he does to signal him."

The black and white dragon next to the brown one slides out a hand of cards to Grekan and they begin to play. "Never seen the looks of you here before. Where you from?" tht dragon before asks.

"Right...i'm thinking maybe incapacitating him. I'll need some time though giving that he'll probably start to fight back for once. We'll need a distraction...." Sky opens his large wings before giving a single hard flap and taking off into the air. Hovering, he awaits his love.

"We could try a potion. There is bound to be an apothecary in a city like this." She lifted up behind him. "And then we would need to sneak it to him somehow."

- - -

"Nightmares, mostly." Grekan grumbled, picking up the cards.

"We could...do you think we'd have the time though?" he asks. Getting close to her, he playfully bumps wings with her.
------
"Hmph, sure" He looks down at his cards before laying down a few. Then looking over at the crowd across from them, he eyes Thyru. "Since your comin in with nothing in the pot, why don't we make a deal. You lose, and I get your roo(Thyru) over there."

"It wouldn't take too long." She bumped his wing back. "Maybe we can get something to finish him off too."

- - - -

"Deal. He's been nothing but a pain in my side anyway, I'd be happy to lose him." He paused. "Buuut, he's still worth more than one measly Kobold. If I win, I want two."

"Heh, thatd be nice..." he snickers. Looking down below, Sky can see the city walls get further and further away as they went deeper. "Damn...there's so many places they could be...they have to be here though. H-Hey, do you think they'd have something that could track a dragon?"
~~~~~~~
Reaching down, the derg breaks off two kobolds from their chains and ties them together before placing them on the table. The small lizards look around terrified. "Right then" He places down a few more cards signifying an upper-hand for himself.

"I don't see why not. I've been told anything is possible if you find the right crafting dragon." The Kaian weren't much for that sort of magic, their enemies were though. They relied on the harsh weather of the northern pole for safety from their numbers.

- - - - -

He licked his lips, staring at the Kobolds on the table before miming a bite at them. He turned back to the dragons, keeping a mischevious pokerface at them. He probed, just lightly, to feel out for mental defences. He had played these games before, he knew that winning was all about when to quit, and how to bluff, but knowing his opponents cards helped too.

The black and white dragon seems to have somewhat of a white-noise going on in his head. What Grekan can make out is soft whispering behind it however. As for the brown dragon, his mind is easily opened. It seems he planning to do a fakeout with the back up of extra cards under the table. "Hurry up bugger. I don't have all arvo"
~~~~~~~
Sky gives a small laugh. "Well look, at you, tying in war history to our tactic advantage. Your too smart y'know."

Grekan pushed emotion to the brown dragon. Light fear, paranoia. He wanted him to feel like he would be found out, to fold, to break his pokerface in distraction. He laid down his cards at the same time.

- - - -

"We put the dumb ones on the frontline." She half-joked. There was no doubt she was picked for her current task out of merit. "If we can find a Fulhai we'll be set. The islands they live on are rich in magic vessels."

The brown dragon glanced down at the kobolds before placing down his own. ~ Damn...something aint right...what...what would he do if he found out...I don't know anything about this dragon. He could be a part of that mafia even maybe...~
Putting down his own cards, the black and white dragon looks at both cards before nodding his head.
"Its a draw...no one's ever gotten a draw with my cards before..." Holding his paw out, the cards all begin levitating before stacking neatly one by one in the paw. "Looks like your losing your touch Laval..."
"F*ck off Midnight..." he replies. Shuffling the cards, he gives the two another set of cards."

"Never? Sounds like a rat to me." Grekan kept his eyes on the black dragon, not hinting at suspicion.

"Think so? I know Laval would never do such a thing...he owes me too much anyways. Isn't that right buddy?"
"Mmhmm" Laval grumbles examining his cards. ~Sh*t, Sh*t, Sh*t....~
Midnight cocks his head at the dragon, giving a hard emotionless stare. "Your not lying to me...are you friend?"
"Bloody hell, why would I?"
"Oh, I don't know. Your heart rate has been jacking up recently...your body is warming up, its almost as if your bluffing."
"You f*cking kidding me?!" Laval shouts slamming his cards down on the table with a loud crash. "I've been sitting here playing like you told me to and I-" With the snap of his fingers, all the cards on the table levitate into the air and point towards Laval similar to knives.
"Tsk tsk tsk, all I wanted was an direct answer and here you go causing such noise. Give me an answer or die. Oh, and please feel free to choose the second choice, its been a while since i've gotten a new skin to wear."
Avoiding Midnight's eyes with an scared look, he reveals his hidden cards and hands them over.
"Mmhmm, thank you." The dragon turns to Grekan with a toothy smile. "Thank you for your thoughts, traveler. Feel free to take all the kobolds here...they no longer belong to my friend here."
"W-What? But-" At lightning speed, one of the cards shoot into Laval's neck with a sickening tearing sound, barely missing his major veins. Immideatly after, the dragon coughs out a large amount of blood barely alive.
"Daaaw. Is Laval not feeling too good" Midnight giggles returning his gaze to the brown drago. "Your right...we should go get that pulled out of your neck. It'd be such a shame to waste a pretty card on you." Looking back once more to Grekan, he winks."I'll be seeing you and your apprentice sometime soon I hope." Midnight the begins to leave with Laval, helping the barely living dragon exit the bar leaving Grekan alone to a table full of Kobolds.

An evil grin spread across his face. Not the plan he had in mind, but still effective. And now he had a table full of toys, and a person of interest to track. He looked over to Thyru for a moment, making sure to keep one eye on the Kobold sitting around him.

Back